Support Groups - Weight Loss and Chitchat #285

View Full Version : Weight Loss and Chitchat #285

Jane
01-18-2008, 08:50 PM
Hello and :welcome: to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. :gossip: So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome. :yes:

Jane
01-18-2008, 08:56 PM
Marti - since you're sort of celebrating your birthday today, I won't wait until tomorrow to say:

:bday2you: Happy Birthday, Marti! :bday2you:

Please tell me you got my card. It was on the desk, and as of Monday, it's not. Neal said I mailed it, but I don't remember mailing it. :dizzy: Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful birthday, and have lots of fun!

suetalks
01-18-2008, 09:17 PM
:bday2you::bday2you:
Happy Birthday dear Marti..

Happy Birthday to you! :balloons:

Shopaholic1204
01-18-2008, 09:54 PM
:carrot::woohoo::cheer::bday2you::celebrate::hb::w oo:

pattygirl63
01-18-2008, 10:03 PM
:bday2you::bday2you::celebrate::balloons::gift::wo o:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARTI!!!

upswife
01-18-2008, 10:15 PM
:celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate:
Happy Birthday Marti!!!

sz2atheart
01-18-2008, 10:51 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARTI!!!

:celebrate:

Sassy_Chick
01-19-2008, 01:09 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARTI!!!:bday2you:

I hope your day is very special and ya wanna know what I THOUGHT your post had said in the last thread?? I thought you had said that you were doing back-flips. lol. I was like whattttt?? lol..........I know silly..........:dizzy: I hope all the re-modeling goes well for ya. I know it can be a frustrating process, but once the end product is done, it was all well worth it!!! :)

Ellen -- I hear ya on being behind on chores.....seems like they are never-ending.......:p Trying to get caught up myself...........

Jane -- :woohoo: on the snow!!!

Sue -- I am trying to get stuff caught up this weekend.......but seems like a non-ending battle............I keep seeing the commercial for that Turbo Jam, that I think Cristina was talking about here??? And then there is this thing I saw on tv advertising some chick from the Biggest loser has some program now, that is free online, only I didn't hear the website!! ARRRRGGHH!! My DH always questions me when I do the WATP's, (when I do them) :o "is it really a mile??" Men....:rolleyes: lol.

Cristina -- Ummm you over did it.........I'm tellin......lol. Well I can say from experience that it does suck when you can't do all the things you wanna do cuz your in pain, but hang in there chica and don't over do it!!! :nono: lol.

Hey Jules :wave: TY. I could never forget you either. :hug:

I hope you all are doing well!!! ;)

FrouFrou
01-19-2008, 02:02 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARTI!

Sassy...I didn't overdo it. I stopped, lol.

Mindee...WTG on the pound! :bravo:

Nighty, night

tommysgirl18
01-19-2008, 03:18 AM
wouldn't you know it, a mother's job is never done! Brandon got up at about midnight or there after. He said that he was hungry, so I heated up the left over chicken nuggets from dinner, and then he pushed them away and didn't want them! I had gone into the bathroom, and he came in there, so I asked him if his tummy hurt. He didn't answer me, so I had Tommy ask him. He told Tommy that it did, so I gave him some medicine. Flash back to earlier Friday afternoon when Marissa and Logan were napping, me and Brandon were sitting at the table. He was reading his books, and all of a sudden just stopped drinking his milk and proceeded to put his finger down his throat to make himself throw up. I pulled his finger out and he put it back in....I pulled it out again, and didn't think anything of it. When he told Tommy that his stomach was hurting, I looked at Tommy and said "maybe that is why he was trying to make himself throw up earlier." So, it looks like we will more then likely be making a trip to the prompt care on Saturday. Logan was tugging on his left ear at dinner time. Then when I was cuddling with Brandon, he started to play with his right ear. I am toying with the idea of getting Marissa checked out just to be safe, but she has her 9 month check up on the 24th, and she really isn't showing any kind of symptoms of anything.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARTI!!!!!

oh.....me and Tommy figured out that it would be cheaper to go to this local outlet mall to do clothes shopping, since the prices are a lot better then at the retail stores.

hello to all you wonderful ladies.....I am kind of breezing through all this since I don't know what Brandon's, or any of the kids', next move is going to be.

FrouFrou
01-19-2008, 12:26 PM
'Morning ladies...

MINDEE...Brandon probably has what you had, poor baby. Hope it's not too bad though. And good idea getting them all checked out. Outlet malls are a lot cheaper.

VANN...if you are reading this, jump on in lady. We are here for ya. :hug:

Nothing much going on today, going to do some exercise, lots of reading and more exercise, and laundry, and did I mention exercise, :lol:

Have a good weekend!

Shopaholic1204
01-19-2008, 12:35 PM
HELP HELP HELP!!!!

I'm going to lunch today with my friends at the Olive Garden and I have no idea what I should order!!!! What foods should I avoid?? What should I get?!??!

Marti
01-19-2008, 12:36 PM
Good Morning and Thank you all for the birthday wishes!
:hug:

I'm getting ready to go pick up a cake and then head off to a birthday party for my niece. She turns 5 on the 21st. My nephew turned 3 on the 15th. So we're doing a combination party w/the three of us.

Not sure though how I'll survive the friends party.....a bunch of 4-5 yrs olds! :eek:

I better get going......

Thank you again ladies! You all put a smile on my face this morning! :D

FrouFrou
01-19-2008, 12:56 PM
FRANCIE...hmmm, not sure as when I go I just get what I want but don't eat it all. I know to stay away from the creamy/buttery sauces...they are the worst! Funny, cause I just went there Wednesday with DS & DD and had the lasagne, 3 bread sticks and salad...the breadsticks are my downfall. My first thought would have been the soup and salad but I have heard from others that some of the soups aren't any less calories than some of the entrees. Moderation is the key for me. Enjoy your lunch!

MARTI...have fun!

Shopaholic1204
01-19-2008, 01:35 PM
Christina~Ya see, I want breadsticks, lol. Olive Garden breadsticks are my weakness, lol. Maybe I'll just have 2 But I looked at the menu online and I'm gonna get the grilled chicken spiedini. No creamy sauces or butter and it comes with grilled veggies. Most of the food there makes me sick anyway..so I figured I'm good, lol. Plus, I'm gonna go OUTSIDE to walk afterwards. (if we get stationed in italy, I'm in big trouble, LOL!!)

Marti~I hope you have fun!!!!!!!!!

upswife
01-19-2008, 06:03 PM
Hello ladies!

Francie ~ I hope you did well at olive garden, I know some places do half portions (but they are still like having 2 servings). Just keep yourself in mind and eat in moderation...the chicken sounds wonderful!

Mindee ~ Hope everyone feels better soon. Having sick kids throws everything off, because you never know what is coming next.

Christina ~ I echo you on the exercise. I made it to the gym again today, so that made 4 trips this week. All I want to do is sit around, my arms are sore, but not hurting, so that is good.

Sassy ~ I finally got the laundry finished and put up! and the kiddies picked up yesterday and today, and DH got them to load the dishwasher, so mainly all I have to do is get the junk off my counter top.

Marti ~ I am back at the redecorating stage too, though going very slowly. Dh is off Thurs and Fri so we are finally going to paint the kids rooms...we have been waiting to get the wallpaper down in DS room, adn I didn't like using the chemicals, so I had to find a good steamer. Tried that outtoday, and it works much better.

Well, not much going on here either, Dh and I are going to a friends 30th B-day party tonight. I will have to watch the drinks, but it will be fun to have a night out. have a great night ladies!

tommysgirl18
01-19-2008, 07:27 PM
hello ladies...how is everyone?

Cristina~ I have to admit, the breadsticks are my downfall as well! Congrats on your weight loss this week.

Francie~ How did your trip to Olive Garden go? Last time me and Tommy went I had gotten the chicken fetticini alfredo. But I only ate about half of it, and then brought the rest home. (come to think of it now, maybe that was why the scale didn't move that week!)

Marti~ Have fun! Did you survive?

Ellen~ Yup, I agree 100%! They seem to be doing much better today, but then again that is usually how kids go. You never can predict when they will be sick and for how long! Have fun at the party tonight!

Jane
01-19-2008, 09:06 PM
Hi ladies,

Vann - hope to see you posting here soon. You've been missed. :hug:

Sassy - I just can't bring myself to exercise in front of Neal. Just too much jiggle, lol.

Mindee - glad the kids are better. Hope they stay well.

Trish - aww, we all have those times when it's hard to stay OP. I'm going through that right now, and sometimes it seems like a zombie has taken over my body, lol. I KNOW what I need to do, but doing it isn's always very easy to do the right thing.

Cristina - hope your back is better.

Francie - I had the apricot chicken (no breadstix) when I went to OG, and it was diet-friendly, and yummy, too. How'd you do? It's so hard in most restaurants! I ate too much at Applebees today. :o

Marti - DGD Macy turns 5 on the 21st, too! Her party was today. Then Mary's bd is the 22nd. Since Dale is in Mississippi, I'm making her dinner and dessert. Instead of a cake, she want my brownies, with praline frosting. I sure hope you've had a great day, and that you survived the kiddos, lol.

Ellen - wow, lots of us went to bd parties today! Not only did I go to Macy's but I took a friend out for lunch for her bd. We see each other only on our birthdays, for lunch. You're doing great with the exercise!

Sue - are you freezing? The high today was 17 with a wind chill of zero. Brrrrr! We're supposed to have temps in the 40s on Monday - woohoo, a heat wave!

Julie - how's the little one?

Tammy - what's going on in your life?

As I mentioned, I celebrated 2 bithdays today. One for my friend, and one for my DGD Macy. It was so cold outside that I just wanted to stay home. I've been working on the guest bedroom, and have a new quilt, shams, and valances coming. If I can, I'll post a link to a photo of them. The Link Eliminator may get it, but I'll try. :)

Other than that, not much else going on. How boring, lol.

TTFN!

Shopaholic1204
01-19-2008, 09:27 PM
Well..the menu online totally lied!!!!! They didnt have that at all. I sat there for 15 mins looking for it. I ended up getting the spaghetti with meatballs, ate half of it, then brought the rest home for dh. I didnt get to do my walk though because there was MA's everywhere and it was pouring down rain all afternoon.

Anyways..hope everyone is having a nice night!!!

Jane
01-19-2008, 09:31 PM
Here's the Montgomery Wards link for the quilt:

http://www.wards.com/wards/prod_display1.asp?product=98476

Jane
01-19-2008, 09:34 PM
Francie - what's an MA? :shrug:

Shopaholic1204
01-19-2008, 09:45 PM
master at arms (i think). Its the Navy police

Jane
01-19-2008, 10:13 PM
Yes, I'm back once again!

Ladies, just a reminder for those of you that haven't updated your bios since last year, please reread them and see if you want to change anything. I added the news of a new grandson to mine! :carrot:

FrouFrou
01-20-2008, 01:21 AM
MINDEE...thank you! :thanks: I was surprised I lost this week with not exercising like I was. How are the kids? Is Brandon feeling better? Are you? I LOVE the breadsticks at Olive Garden!

FRANCIE...WTG! That's what I did when we went this past Wednesday...I usually do that...half my food and put it in a to go container. DH will eat it the next day. Sorry you didn't get your walk in.

ELLEN...WTG on going to the gym 4 days this week! :carrot: What color will the kids rooms be?

JANE...back is much better! So much in fact I did 90 mns of exercise today. Actually did 95 the other day. Two BD's yikes!

Hiya SASSY, VANN, MARYKATE, TAMMY, SUE, MARTI and everyone else :wave:

Nighty, night!

tommysgirl18
01-20-2008, 02:53 AM
hello ladies....how are you all doing?

well, after watching all the kids on Saturday, they all seemed to be doing well.
Logan is doing good....I haven't seen him tug on his ear. Brandon still isn't himself. He was looking really pale on Saturday while we were eating dinner. He went to the store with Tommy is picked up some chicken noodle soup. They got home, and he ate it. Tommy convinced him to take another bite until it was almost all gone. Tommy asked him if he was feeling okay, and he said no. Tommy asked him if he wanted to go to the doctor's on Sunday, and Brandon told him yes (which he never does!). Marissa, I noticed while getting her ready for her bath, has a little bit of a runny nose. So, we will be taking them to the doctor's office on Sunday to make sure that they are all okay.

Marissa has her 9 month check up on this coming Thursday, so I am going to be asking the pediatrician for a referral for Brandon to get his eyes checked out again and to get another speech evaluation done. The last time we asked the pediatrician about both issues, he said to keep an eye on it and we will go from there. Tommy agreed with me, so we are both on the same page there. Tommy's older brother Tim had to have surgery on his eyes when he was younger because of some thing that I can't think of at the moment. So, I mentioned to Tommy that the next time he talks to his mom to find out if the eye thing is hereditary. That way, we will have more info on our end when we go into the appointment on Thursday.

On another note, our furnace seems to be on the fritz. It will start up, and then when it does it sounds like it is on it's last leg. And since it is really cold out and doesn't look like it is going to be getting any warmer any time soon...Tommy is going to go to the office and talk to the office manager. He called her numerous times, but since Brandon accidentally pushed his phone into the sink, it landed in water. So, we are not sure if the calls actually went through or not.

We also got Tommy's w-2's so we are going on Wednesday to get our taxes done. Tommy called the lady about getting them done, and she told him that there are a lot of incentives for taxpayers this year. Plus, they still have the gift cards left, and that she would explain more to us when we go in there on Wednesday.

Vann~ It is good to have you back! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Francie~ That sounds like me when we went to Olive Garden this last time. I was looking for something that was low fat and good for me, and all I kept seeing was veal or eggplant, which I don’t like. So, I got the fettucini alfredo, ate half, and then brought the rest home for Tommy to eat the next day. I also made sure that I filled up more on salad so I knew I wouldn’t eat it all.

Jane~ I will head over there and see if there is anything to update on mine....I am sure that there is though!

Cristina~ You are welcome! I am doing better....I am still unsure about my bathroom area, but at least I am not living in there anymore! I am just hoping that when we take the kids in, that it won't be a waste of time. But I know that something isn't right with Brandon.....he just isn't acting like himself. We had chili for dinner, and all he wanted to eat was saltine crackers like I was eating on Friday when I had my bug.

pattygirl63
01-20-2008, 12:42 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies

Mindee - Glad the kids are better and hope Brandon will be back to himself soon. It is so hard on us Mom's when our little ones are sick and can't really tell us what is wrong.

Francie - Good job at OG. DH DS gave us gift certificates that can be used there or Red Lobster. I told DH that I have no idea what to eat at OG. I've never eaten there. I'd rather go to Red Lobster, but have to go to NC to find one. Sorry you didn't get to walk, but you still can feel good about your accomplishment.

Cristina - Sorry about your back and glad it is better. OMG 95 min of exercise. What an accomplishment.

Jane - Love the quilt set. I love blue but DH loves red. I've had 3 husbands (widowed twice) and the first one didn't seem to care much about any particular color, but the other 2 both love(d) red. So I go along with DH. However, I told DH that I am going to change the accessory colors in our downstairs guest bathroom to blue. All you JL talking on here about redoing rooms I might make that a project next month.

My weigh in this morning and I'm up a lb. I thought it was going to be more so I am thankful it was only a lb. I decided yesterday to get all my WW materials out. I can still use the ideas I've learned recently, but I realize that I need the Flex Plan so I that I will also learn to eat the correct portions and no more. I sort of practice started yesterday, but since I Sunday is my WI day and I like starting new things the first day of the week I am officially starting OP today. I plan to do my 1/2 mile on the stationary bike 6 days a week and hopefully be doing 1 mile by or during February. My stationary bike also works the arms. I hate that part. It tires me out, but is so good for me. Also plan to add at least 3 days of weights exercises. Got to do this. I haven't been making any progress and I just can't go another day off plan or another year with all this weight. For some reason I am suddenly in a motivated state right now so I better take advantage of it.

Hello to ELLEN, JULES, SASSY, TAMMY, SUE, MARTI and anyone else I missed. Y'all have a great day!

Hugs,
Trish

Shopaholic1204
01-20-2008, 07:37 PM
Hey..I'm having an ultra bad day. My cousin is accusing me of mistreating them & my grandparents the last time I was in Az. It just hurts so much, because it's not true. Both my cousins stopped talking to me for the longest time until yesterday when one of them wrote me on myspace. I'm just so hurt & upset. I've been crying off & on all day. Then I threw a huge hissy fit because I was just seriously upset and my stupid annoying neighbors called the cops!!! Just peachy keen. They came in and just took down our info. I've just been shaking and crying all day. I can't consintrate on anything because I'm waiting to hear back from my cousin. This whole thing is so stupid & immature. I did nothing wrong. Me & dh went through everything that happened while we were in Az, and couldn't come up with anything. I dunno what else to say...Hope everyone else had a better day.

jules1216
01-20-2008, 08:25 PM
Francie-sorry about your cousin. My dd found out one of her old friends are mad at her through a myspace bulletin. They exchanged a heated couple of messages and dd still doesn't know what the problem was. She says some people just can't let the drama of high school go and want to keep it going into their adult lives. She now remembers why they lost touch.

Trish--good job on the bike!! WW core didn't work for me--I need to count points.

Mindee--hope they get your furnace working--it's way too cold to have it not!!

Cristina--glad the back is better. My weakness at OG is their salad dressing...

Jane--that is a pretty quilt. We have a similar one on our bed.

Ellen--hope you had fun at your friends bday party!!

Marti--HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! sorry I am late.

Well I got to see that grandboy yesterday and today!! He is such a sweetie!!

pattygirl63
01-20-2008, 09:19 PM
Francie - I am so sorry your day has been so bad. It is difficult when these things and especially when we can't figure out what we have done. I've experienced that a few times in my life. Usually it is just a misunderstanding or someone gets a burr under their skin. I would back off and let things cool down and just let it play itself out. It may be one of those things like my late DH used to tell me "Just consider the source and move on. They can get glad in the same clothes they got mad in". Seriously, we cannot control other people and some times we do have to just let thing go, if you can. (Just my 2 cents worth which may not be worth anything.)

Jules - good to hear from you. Glad you are enjoying your sweetie pie.

Jane - I edited my Bios. I can't believe I had my birthday off a month, must have been thinking of my sister. Her birthday is in September, not me. I'm in August. Of course, could've been a typo to. LOL

Sassy_Chick
01-20-2008, 10:10 PM
Hey all. :wave:

I hope your all doing well. Nothing going on here to even mention really, boring......I know. But hey at least I'm not complaining!!! lol.

Have a Great Week!!!

sz2atheart
01-20-2008, 10:16 PM
Good Evening Ladies!!

Just a quick drop in because Bro & Sis is a re-run. Just spent the past 3 hrs watching Extreme Home Makeover which was done in our state. The local news did a one hr pre-show of the making of the makeover which was really interesting. Earlier in the day, dh and I starting clearing out our library/office to get it ready for painting. Decided on a deep green color and I have a painter coming to give us an estimate on Wed. My usual painter is a guy that paints for the hospital that I work, but he has been out on a medical leave and I'm not sure when he will be available. If this painter price is too high, we will just tackle it ourselves. We have always done our own painting but once you get someone to do it for you, you get spoiled. Painting for me is a 3 day job, one to clear it out and prep, another to paint and another to put it all back together. The painters get it done in 1/2 day!!!

Only other news is that I lost 1 lb today when I weighed in at WW!! :D I was very pleased. Made a big pot of chicken corn soup (3 pts on WW) and some chicken salad (haven't figured out the points on that yet), tackled the laundry and ironed uniforms for the next two days of work. I'll try to catch up with indies when I'm off on Wed & Thurs. The temps are going down to about 6 degrees tonight so I'm heading up to bed and dive under my down comforter!! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!

upswife
01-20-2008, 10:29 PM
Today was so busy too, Friends just got their adoption finalized and the boys got baptized today. It was a ton of fun, and hope to have pics soon. I will share a pic from the party it is DH and me...I fell like I look so huge, but I am really tired and worn out, so I will just move on. Will try to get indies done tomorrow. ((hugs)) to all

Edit: Link won't work, will post pic later

da fat n da furious
01-20-2008, 10:47 PM
Oh my,,,what a crazy couple of weeks. Tanner is in the midst of the Camelot run,,,its such a long show,,,goes right till 11 pm each night. His stage manager got sick and so I stepped in to help. Scary since I had no idea of what was going on. Will do indivisuals later...
just playing catch up
ttfn

tommysgirl18
01-21-2008, 01:55 AM

well, we all decided to sleep in on Sunday. Brandon was still looking pale, but was able to hold down chicken noodle soup, so we thought we were on the upswing......until he threw up at 1pm on Sunday! After getting every body ready, we were off to prompt care. The doctor took a look at him and said that he is pretty much healthy.....except for the stomach flu. And that the only thing that we can do is just let it runs it's course. She told me to keep him on a bland diet, i.e. the B.R.A.T. diet. So, Tommy had to go to the laundry mat to wash our bedding since that is what he threw up on, so he bought him some applesauce and some bananas.

He got mad though because Tommy made a ham, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and stuffing for dinner. Brandon got so mad because we had to tell him that he couldn't have any. We did give him some stuffing to try and he stole ham off his brother's plate. He kept every thing down....and his appetite came back in full force!

Our furnace doesn't sound as sickly as it did on Saturday night/Sunday morning. We got in touch with the office manager and she said to keep an eye on it, and to let her know if it goes out.

Francie~ That does sound so childish! I had my share of childish stuff around the time that me and Tommy got married.

sz2atheart
01-21-2008, 10:51 AM
Ok Jane...I updated my bio and had to change my age to that dreaded 50!!! At work today so just sneaking in to lurk a bit. Have a wonderful day ladies!!

FrouFrou
01-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Franice...lots of hugs to you missy. :hug: You know, I think Trish said it perfectly! Sometimes we just gotta let things go and move on no matter how it hurts. Some people just love the drama and you can't change them. I think posting a message or sending a message on myspace shows that. :hug: :hug:

Trish...I am going to have to write that down for sure! Smart man that hubby of yours. WTG on the bike!

Jules...I know you are lovin' being a grandma, and I can see why! Nick is a cutie pie for sure! I want one!

Ellen...the picture didn't come up for me, said I wasn't authorized to see it/do that or something like that. Now I am curious, lol. I saw your profile pic and meant to say something sooner, you guys are a nice looking family for sure!

Tammy...I have a painter too...his name is husband, lol. I love green and am sure your office will be nice! WTG on the pound gone!

Mindee...maybe you should have them check the heater anyway, just to be safe. If it was making a noise or doing something out of the ord, something must be wrong with it...better safe than sorry, right? You wouldn't want to wake in the middle of night with no heat and no one to get there till the next day...it's too stinking cold to now have heat, brrrrr! Glad Brandon is feeling a little better. The ham dinner sounded delicious! :T

Sassy...good to see you lady. Hoping all is going well for you and hubby.

Have a good day!

pattygirl63
01-21-2008, 12:53 PM
Good Afternoon Lades

I had a really good OP yesterday and having a good one today.

Ellen - I forgot how good it is for me to have "to do" lists. I learned to do that years ago and don't know why or when I stopped. Thanks for inspiring me to do start it again. Last night I made one for today and have most of it done already. I even put on it things like "ride 1/2 mile on stationary bike", "do weights exercises" and "stay OP". Even put on it to drink (3) 32oz jugs of water today. Originally planned to do weights 3x a week and decided to go ahead and do it 6 the same with my 6 day bike riding each week. It is surprising how you will work to have a check mark next to it on that list to show that you accomplished that today.

Jane - I got an idea from reading this months issue of WW magazine yesterday. Caught my eye because of you. Did you read the article on scrapbooking? I think I'm going to start me a WW Scrapbook start with my before picture and put pictures in it as I lose wegiht. I haven't decided what all to put in mine yet, but I think it would be a good project to use toward successful weight loss. Might put my check lists in it.

Mindee - I'm so glad Brandon is better and that your furnace is working. I hope it doesn't go out on you and lasts through this really cold winter we are all having. It is in the 40's during the day and 20's at night here this week and I am cold most of the time even with sweats on.

Hello to everyone else. Hope everyone stays warm and have a great OP day.

Hugs,
Trish

pattygirl63
01-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Tammy - CONGRATULTIONS on the 1 lb loss. I think I am the one who got it though as I was up a lb this week LOL. Happy for you.

Trish

pattygirl63
01-21-2008, 01:24 PM
Tammy - I forgot to ask you about your chicken corn soup. I love chicken soup. How do you make chicken corn soup? It sounds delicious especially with this cold weather.

Thanks,
Trish

sz2atheart
01-21-2008, 04:18 PM
Trish, I make my chicken corn soup without a recipie. My mom is from PA and its a favorite amish soup. It's really no different from good ol chicken noodle soup except you add some corn and dice up a few potatoes. I usually boil a whole chicken for an hour till it falls off the bone. Take it out of the broth and save that. Add some diced celery, carrots, onion and a can of cream of chicken soup to the reserved broth and simmer till tender then add half of the chicken diced up, (the other half I made chicken salad or I'll freeze for another recipie) Add a can of niblet corn and about 3 diced potatoes. When the potatoes are almost done, add about 6 oz (half a large bag) of dry extra wide noodles and simmer till done. Sometimes I may need to add a can of chicken broth. I usually add a tablespoon of Paula Deen's house seasoning. Or just add salt, pepper and a little garlic salt to tastel. It usually makes a large dutch oven pot of soup, enough for 6-8 or more. Sorry that's it not a standard recipie. I put the ingredients in the WW recipie builder and it said if I divided it up by 6, it would be 3 points!

pattygirl63
01-21-2008, 06:08 PM
Thanks Tammy. That sounds good and cook that way a lot myself. I can work with the directions you gave me. I'll try it. Trish

upswife
01-21-2008, 08:09 PM
Good evening Ladies!

Things are going well today, I got my hair cut off!!! It was downt o lower-mid back, and It is now up to my ears and layered, So nice to have it gone!!! Did the gym this Am, even having to push everyone out the door, I made it. I was so tempted to not go, but I almost have the habit down again, and I am not going to sabotage myself again.

Food today has been good :cheer2: and filling. I will have to try that soup too! it sounds wonderful, esp with the cold weather...only up to 19 for a high tomorrow.

Trish ~ I just recently got started with the list again too. you can thank Francie and others for getting me started again. It is very helpful, to keep my mind on what need to be done, and is nice to cross things off.

Buenos Noches!

Sassy_Chick
01-21-2008, 10:02 PM
*Calgon Take Me Awayyyy!!!!*

:stress: lol.

da fat n da furious
01-22-2008, 12:12 AM
Mindee, good to hear that Brandon is on the mend,,,kids do have a quick rebound with getting better.

Sassy,,,needing to get away?

Marti,,,I am really late but I am wishing a very Happy Birthday,,,with all the bells and whistles.

8 1/2 weeks till our holidays,,,pathetic I know to be already counting down,,,but I am in need of a holiday.

Well I should get to bed,,,night all

Sassy_Chick
01-22-2008, 01:20 AM
Hi All,

Just was reading my Garfield Comic and today's is kinda cute, so figured I'd share:

http://www.garfield.com/comics/comics_archives_strip.html?2008-ga080122

:)

tommysgirl18
01-22-2008, 01:54 AM

nothing new on this end.....trying to get through my email, trying to get Brandon back to sleep, finishing up some odds and ends on my end, and then shoving off to bed.

I updated my bio as well!

Cristina~ He came and checked out the furnace, and of course it wasn't making the noise. He said to keep an eye on it though and to let them know if it starts making the noise again. I think it was just acting up since it was colder then it has been so far, and it was trying so hard to keep up with keeping it warm in here. The kids already have tons of blankets on them....so if it should happen to go out, they will be warm. Although, if it were to go out, we would call the office manager, and she would first call the heating and cooling guy for here, and if he can't fix it, then she would call the heating and cooling company that the complex uses.

Trish~ Right now it is 26 degrees outside....so it is very cold! It is suppose to be in the teens and possibly colder this weekend! I heard that being able to multi-task is something that every mother should know how to do....but sometimes it is just a big pain in the rear! I am trying to get through my email, copy some recipes, do a couple searches for some exercise dvd's and some weight loss trackers. My head is spinning already!

Ellen~ I got my hair trimmed by my sister. I am waiting for the weather to get a little warmer before I get it cut short. It never fails when I get it cut short, the weather turns drastically colder then it has been and I end up freezing! Great job on still making it to the gym! I am starting a habit of drinking more water and doing my workout dvd every day!

Angie~ Which holiday is coming up? (I don't have my calendar handy right now. How is every thing else going?

Sassy~ How are you doing today? That was a cute cartoon!

Shopaholic1204
01-22-2008, 04:08 AM
Just a quick update on my situation. My cousin based the entire grudge on the one day she was with me in Az. It still doesn't explain why my other cousin stopped speaking to me as well. But I figured its because those 2 are so close, so they probably backed each other up. They're 27 & 30 years old, you would think they'd be mature about it and just come to me with the problem instead of acting like stupid high schoolers. Like hello..high school called and it wants its drama back. But whatever. I cut ties with them all. I do not need that in my life right now. I already had a mother, and I don't need another one. This is the 2nd time this has happened too. The last time came last year when both of my cousins tried to tell me what was best for me. They actually had a convo behind my back about what job I should get and where I should go to school at. Then they tried to tell me about my own married life. And how to take care of my own husband. Last time I checked, neither of them are in my marriage and neither of them are me. If I wanted to go back to school, then I would. ANYWAYS..I'm moving on from the whole situation.

upswife
01-22-2008, 11:21 AM
Yall, I was in bed by 10pm last night...don't know how you ladies do it.

Goals for today:
Laundry
Clean kitchen
Do yoga with my sister
drink big water bottle
Make dinner

Souldn't be too hard, just have to get moving...but that means I have to get off the comp!!! see you ladies later

Marti
01-22-2008, 11:45 AM
Good Morning Ladies--

Sorry I haven't been on much, but w/this bathroom project, I am staying busy. And when we're finally done w/that room, I'll be on here more often, promise!

I have to say that January so far has not been a good month for me food and exercise wise! I have got to get in some exercise besides scrapping wallpaper adhesive off the walls! And food, well I'm not really eating junk food, just having issues with the portions.

So I need to pay attention more and make it a priority to eat right and exercise. I'm going to try and get my walking in tonight, that is just a MUST DO!

Ok ladies, I need to get some coffee.

I will chat more next time.

Hugs to you all! :hug:

FrouFrou
01-22-2008, 02:00 PM
Sassy...cute cartoon, lol!

Mindee...glad to hear that, it is cold here and we had an ice storm, ugh! I can deal with the snow but the ice scares me. Didn't help that V lost control yesterday and went thru someone's yard! Stay warm!

Francie...that's good to hear! I know what you mean about the drama...there are women in their 40's-50's who are like that and it is ridiculous. Seems too that there is always someone like that in the family...can't be happy unless they are butting into others business.

Have a good one!

Sassy_Chick
01-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Hi Ladies. :wave:

Hope you had a Great Day and have a Wonderful Evening/Night!!

pattygirl63
01-22-2008, 05:22 PM
Nothing much going on. We went shopping in NC and ate at Arby's and I did good. Only ate the Ham melt and half order of curly fries. According to WW book I only used 13.5 pts. I always drink water when we go out.

Mindie - I worked hard to be one of those "Super Mom". Still didn't do it all right. We do the best we can. I married a man with 3 children.. 3, 5 & 7. There mother had walked away and didn't come to see them much. She finally quit coming and was out of their lives for som 10 years. I can honestly say that I absolutely loved being their Mama. We had a lot of fun when they were growing up. I can tell you are a really good Mom.

France - I am so sorry you couldn't work things out with your cousins. I think every family has those people are not happy unless they are trying to contol other peoples lives. I learned to listen, smile and then do what I wanted to do any way. You know what? Most of those people (not all) learned to accept me and respect me. Years from now it won't matter any way. No one can live your life for you and no one has the right to tell you what to do. It is one thing to give you their suggestions, but they should respect you enough to accept your decisions. Glad you are moving on... you are dooing the mature thing.

Marti - I realize it isn't the same, but I think scrapping wallpaper adhesive could be called a form of exercise.

Hello Cristina, Sassy, Ellen and eeverybody else. Have a good evening.

Hugs,
Trish

Shopaholic1204
01-22-2008, 07:38 PM
Hey ladies!!! Hope everyone is having a good day.

Christina~Did you add me on Goodreads?? I wasnt sure if that was you or not..

Trish~I tried doing that with them, but nothing was ever gonna change. They were never going to accept me for who I am until I changed into who they wanted me to be. Hopefully down the line, things will change. But for now, I just need to do my own thing and live my own life.

My day has been one weird rollercoaster of emotions. Right now, I'm just really sad that Heath Ledger died...Its so sad..

Jane
01-22-2008, 08:04 PM
Hi Ladies,

This has to be just a quick one because I'm so tired, and just want to snuggle on the couch and watch TV. Today is Mary's bd, so we celebrated that, and it was so cute watching the kids give her their gifts.

Hopefully, I'll be here tomorrow feeling all refreshed.

Toodles, :wave:

tommysgirl18
01-23-2008, 12:38 AM

Well, Tommy starts a new job tomorrow! He will be working from 5am to 5pm, and making a dollar more then he is now! His work schedule is weird. He will work tomorrow and Thursday, then have Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off. Then next week he will work 40 hours but have to work the weekend. He forgot his schedule at his mom’s house so we will either go there to pick it up or stop by the temp agency to pick up another copy.

So, now, we have to see if we can reschedule Marissa’s 9 month check up for Friday sometime. I am hoping that they have an appointment open!

Other then that, we are all good! Brandon is about 98 or so percent back to himself. He decided that he was going to take a nap, and then get up about 1am and be ready for the day. I don’t think so….not on my watch! So, he was a bear all day and of course he wouldn’t take a nap. So, all three kids were in bed by 8pm! I was able to get my workout in AND be able to get online earlier then usual!

Francie~ My goodness your cousins are immature! But it is good that you have moved past it.

Ellen~ I still wonder how some ladies do it. But there are those days when you just have to fall into bed and let every thing go until the next day.

Marti~ I can’t wait to see pictures from the after of your bathroom!

Cristina~ I know what you mean! We hit a patch of black ice the day before Thanksgiving in 2005. We were heading down to stay at my in-law’s house, and left early in the morning after a snow storm. We thought that we did a good thing by waiting it out, and hit the patch of ice and landed in a ditch for about an hour or so. So since then, anytime we are driving and it is icy, I get really freaked out. I sometimes white knuckle the passenger seat!

Sassy~ How are you doing?

Trish~ I am a stubborn Leo, so that means trying to be a perfectionist as well. I am slowly getting away from that because some of the time it leads to bad feelings or disappointment from not being able to do something. So now I just go with the flow on most things!

Jane~ How are you doing? Any plans for this coming weekend?

FrouFrou
01-23-2008, 02:01 AM
Francie... I did. I actually was able to spend some time there today. I had told my daughter about it and she signed up and was telling me things. I decided since I told her about it I should at least be spending time there as well, lol. Isn't that just the saddest thing ever? I just thought that was random...to hear Heath Ledger died :cry: Just never would have expected that. It's always sad when a young person loses their life, never really had a chance to live. It's terrible too that he was having a hard time sleeping and had to take so many things to help....hope he didn't accidently od on sleeping pills. :(

Mindee...woohoo to Tommy's new job! And a $1 more in pay, can't beat that! I bet you will be able to get Marissa's appt rescheduled, hopefully anyway.

Well, I am headed off to lala land...had to do a load of laundry late and they are done so...sleepy time.

Shopaholic1204
01-23-2008, 02:36 AM
Mindee~What does your husband do??

Cristina~Let me know what you think of the site. You can find many many groups to join!! Man..I cannot believe Heath Ledger died. I was just not expecting that at all. He's such a good actor. I used to have this huge crush on him when he was in 10 Things I Hate About You & A Knight's Tale. I just love A Knight's Tale!! I remember in high school, my friend Heather was so in love with him cuz they had the same name (Heath & Heath-er, lol). He was so wonderful in Brokeback Mountain. I feel so sad for his family & his daughter..I keep on crying whenever I hear something on the news about him, or read about him online. It's just so sad...

Jane
01-23-2008, 10:23 AM
Hi all,

My girls are freaked out that Heath Ledger ODed. Too sad!

I'm all refreshed, but need to make more phone calls re the wedding reception. Lots and lots of details to make it run smoothly, but those of you that know me well know I love organizing events.

BBL,

FrouFrou
01-23-2008, 12:42 PM
HIya Francie...

I have always loved both those names, Heath and Heather. I do like the goodreads site and did do a challenge...still finding my way around. But I spent hours yesterday adding lots of books that I have read, and want to read. Eventually, I will get aorund to getting it all done. But I did start #7 yesterday, or the day before. I know I won't do that many every month but like I told DD...I am on a roll with the reading and while I am in the mood I am going with it! Lol We started a challenge at the same time (and thank you by the way for mentioning the site and your challenge) and I keep teasing her that I am on 7 and she is on 4, lol.

Have a great day everyone! Not much time as I want to get in another walk before having to jump in the shower to head to the docs. Did 45 mns already but am aiming for 90 mns. It's a very slow walk but a walk nonetheless.

Marti
01-23-2008, 01:29 PM
A quick hello! :wave:

I'm coming down w/a cold of some sort. Feeling clogged up!

Been scrapping the darn wall and need to get it done this weekend. Tired of how awful it looks! :lol:

So sorry for not doing indi's. I will eventually have time to catch up.

Still need to exercise and eat better. Haven't weighed in; been so busy the day just slip by me. Will WI on Friday and see the damage of what celebrating a birthday all month has done. :D

Chat w/you girls later!

upswife
01-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Shoot! I just lost My post with indies and everything. Well, here we go again! lol

Not much going on here, the girls and I are going out to lunch, but I am thinking subway. Will get to the gym this afternoon...was waiting to make sure dd2 was not getting sick...said her tummy hurt last night. DH is off for the next two days so we are going to take wallpaper down, and try to paint, but it is very cold so we may have to rain check that until it gets a few degrees warmer.

Martie~Hope the bathroom is going well. That will be our next project, we need to gear up for it, because it will be a doosey, have to replace the drywall too.

Christina~BE careful with the ice, I have spun out a few times and it was not fun. I am still on book number 4, but I will say is is about twice as long as the last few I read.

Trish~LOL on the super mom. I am sure they loved you being their mama.

Francie~Some people never grow out of the drama stage. I know I have had to cut some out because of it. I will get to goodreads one of these days.

Mindee~Congrats on Tommy's new job. Hope the schedule is not too hectic. I definitely take the house work one day at a time, though it is nice now that they are a little older, the kids help out too. My 7 yo son will load the dishwasher, tho I usually have to straighten things out on the bottom rack.

Jane~Glad you are feeling refreshed, we all need to have some down time. Have fun planning the reception!

Sassy and everyone else~Hope you are having a wonderful day. :wave:

tommysgirl18
01-23-2008, 05:38 PM
let me see if I can figure this one out.....I opened up a second window so that I can respond to the posts from the last page AND not lose my responses in the process!

Cristina~ The extra dollar in pay will come in handy, since he was making just over the minimum wage at the last job! I remember the one nurse saying that they are only open until noon on Friday's, so hopefully they will have an opening!

I have to agree with you guys on the randomness of Heath Ledger dying. That same randomness goes along with Brad Renfro dying last week. It just makes you wonder if Hollywood is really the best place to be. Although, Heath preferred the Bohemian life in New York as oppose to Hollywood.

Francie~ He is a machine operator. And in this one state recession there really aren't that many options for him. He tried to go to school for an IT tech, but he couldn't get a loan for it. So, he has to make an appointment with a guidance councilor at a local community college for culinary arts.

Marti~ I hope you can get rid of your cold soon!

Ellen~ How did the scrapping go? Or did you nix it for now?

pattygirl63
01-23-2008, 05:42 PM
Hello Jaded Ladies

This is quick fly by. It's been a really busy day and leave for Bible study in about 30 min. I ended up going to bed around 3 am because I got into a pc game with DH last night. He gets cheat sheets and read and walk him through his games (some times). It's a together thing we do. lol Any way thanks to a phone call this morning, I got up earlier than I probably would have. I had gotten up earlier and layed back down for 15 min and went back to sleep. Long story short... when I got home from getting my nails done, DH had decided to run around all afternoon and go out to eat again today.

Francie - I am glad you decided to live your own life. That is what you are supposed to do. My deceased hubby used to tell his mother "You can tell me what you would do, but I will decide what I am going to do". I think that is good advice for all of us. Did I ever tell you that my precious babysister who is 11 years younger than me name is Frances? DH Mother's middle name was Frances and my grandfather's name was Francis. I guess you could say I had a lot of special people named Frances in my life. LOL

Guess I better run and get ready to leave. Y'all have a good evening and I'll catch ya later.

Hugs,
Trish

upswife
01-23-2008, 06:27 PM
Mindee~I too open two windows so I can see and type without losing my post, but today the kids came in and bothered me, right as I was closing a window, and I accidentally closed the wrong one.

Y'all have a good night!

Sassy_Chick
01-23-2008, 10:09 PM
Hi all.

My fil is having some health issues, its been on going for a while now, but once again its turned its ugly head. I won't go into everything, but he isn't going to be able to do much of anything for 4-6 months at the very least. He was talking to DH about possibly getting a 2nd mortgage and adding on to their house so we could move in, then we could help out around the house and also with finances, etc. So that is probably what will happen, nothing is definate of course, but like I told DH I don't think they have a choice, I think its a have-to thing. And if we do that, my mom can move in too (if that is alright with my in-laws and her) and she can help out too. But we shall see, as I said, nothing is definite.

So I just have to get through tonight and I'm off my normal time. I did put in to take a week off the first week of Feb, but we shall see if I get it.

Take care,

Shopaholic1204
01-23-2008, 10:23 PM
Quick question..Has anyone ever gone to a water aerobics class?? I'm going tomorrow morning and I'm kinda nervous about it.

suetalks
01-23-2008, 11:10 PM
Quick hello ladies. I am supposed to be in Vegas right now. :( I did put DH on a plane today and he is having a good time.
I am here with Mom as she is having problems again. I am thinking they might put her in the hospital tomorrow. If not I will pop back in and let you know how she is.

Hope everyone is having a good week.

Sassy_Chick
01-23-2008, 11:29 PM
Big :hug: Sue, I hope your mom gets better soon.

upswife
01-23-2008, 11:49 PM
Sue~I hope everything is ok with your mom ((hug))

Sassy~What an interesting prospect...I don't think I could see my parents and y inlaws living together. LOL Hope your FIL gets better soon. ((hugs))

Francie~I did water arobics in College...I liked it, but it was more for older ppl. They do offer it at the gym I go to, and I have seen some of the classes and they are way more intense than the one's I wnt to. Let me know how it goes!

Well, Tonight was a rough one. Dh ended up witha two hour commute home, so we didn't make it to the gym, then I got all whiffy and we went out to eat, I didn't do too badly Ruben sandwich (dressing on the side) and cup of chicken veggie soup. I did have about 3 of my daughter's fries too. So frustrating Dh is getting braces tomorrow, and he has been moping for days...he has some real issues with mouth/teeth pain. I keep telling him that braces do not hurt like cavities, just more of an ache, but he keeps worrying about it. I just wish I knew what to do/say to help him, but I feel like I get brushed off...very frustrating. Well, I better go to bed Big day with wall paper, then off to the gym since I didn't make it today.

Sleep tight ladies!

FrouFrou
01-23-2008, 11:55 PM
Hugs to you and your mom Sue. :hug: :hug: :hug:

tommysgirl18
01-24-2008, 03:23 AM
hello ladies...how are you all doing?

well, we got our taxes partially done. we have to wait for a 1099-R because Tommy had cashed out his IRA he had at his last job. (It was either cash it out, roll it over, or lose it) But our lady that helped us out, told us that once we get that and a couple of other things that we forgot, to just make an appointment and come back in to finish it off. She said that if we both can't make it in there, then the one that does can take the papers back to the one that couldn't. So, that was a relief, and we got a ball park amount on how much we are getting back. But the lady told us that it will go down because of the 1099-R.

Sue~ I hope that your mom is okay. I will keep you and her in my thoughts and prayers for her appointment.

Sassy~ I will keep your family and your FIL in my thoughts and prayers as well. I hope he gets better soon.

hello to every one else....I was busy doing a couple of other things that I got sidetracked and ran out of time! I hope you all are doing well!

pattygirl63
01-24-2008, 01:46 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies

I've been trying to get on line all moring. Finally called server and they said there wasn't anything on their end going on, but when I tried again I was on line. So who knows what was going on.

Any way just wanted to check in really quick and say hi. Got most everything on my list done that can be done for now. I'm going to take it easy today. Y'all have a great day.

Hugs,
Trish

pattygirl63
01-24-2008, 01:49 PM
Sue - I hope your Mom is feeling better today.

Trish

Shopaholic1204
01-24-2008, 02:17 PM
Sue~I hope your mom feels better soon :hug: I'll keep her in my thoughts

Shopaholic1204
01-24-2008, 02:20 PM
Well good morning ladies!! This morning has been very productive!! I went to water aerobics w/a friend and omg it was so nice!!! It was not at all what I thought it was going to be. Yes, there was some older ladies there, but they were cool. The exercises were sooo nice!! I really enjoyed it. I cant wait to go back. We even stayed in the sauna for awhile. It got a little weird cuz 2 ladies took their towels off and they were naked, lol. I wasnt expecting that. But alls good. We're going to the gym tomorrow with another navy wife. So yay!! I have workout buddies now.

upswife
01-24-2008, 02:32 PM
Workout buddies!!!! YAY... Wish I had some, but for now my book is my work out buddy!!!

Fancie~I really liked water arobics, just the times are not possible with the kids. technically in our suna they are supposed to stay covered...but there are always some who don't. LOL

sz2atheart
01-24-2008, 04:26 PM
Happy Thursday Ladies!!

Sue--Oh, I hope your mom is feeling better. I well know the stress of taking care of our Mom. My mother has parkinson's and it's becoming more and more difficult for her to live alone. But she won't budge. I still do all her shopping, doc appt, banking etc. Hugs to your Mom.

Mindee--tell your dh, congrats on the new job.

I've been waiting all day for our big snowstorm while the sun is shining!! It hit our eastern shore and thankfully missed us. I got an estimate from a painter to do our office/library...$420 :yikes: so I guess my dh has the same name as Cristina 's dh as he will be tackling the room this weekend. I went out and bought a beautiful mid-tone green. I hope it's not too dark. I also hit the seafood market and bought a piece of salmon for dinner along with some stuffed mushrooms and osyter rockefeller. That along with a baked potato and my mouth is watering for dinner!

Not only is my dd and ds getting married within the next 17 mo, my sister just announced that she is getting married sometime late spring, early summer. Now I have to shop for 3 dresses. One bridesmaid and two mother of the bride/groom as well as a dress for my step d's graduation from grad school in May. What an incentive to get the pounds off!! I'm going to a bridal trunk sale with my sis this Sat while dh paints.

Gotta dentist appt for a cleaning at 7 tonight so dinner will be a little early. Not much else going on. Ran the vacum today and been on-line window shopping for office chairs, lamps, TV, and floor mats for our office. I hope everyone is doing well, staying OP and keeping warm! TTFK

pattygirl63
01-24-2008, 07:26 PM
The highlight of my day was a phone call from DH 8 year old Grandson (mine too now). He called to interview me for a class project. Now you can't beat that LOL.

Trish

jules1216
01-24-2008, 07:26 PM
Real quickie--I missed work on Tuesday & Wednesday since I was sick--I didn't feel much better today but there are some things that only I know how to do so I went in. My chest is starting to hurt so I am going to go to the doctors in the morning.

Going to bed--Nite girls!!

Jane
01-24-2008, 09:34 PM
Hi all,

I've been so busy! Katie and I went for the 2nd fitting for her wedding gown today. While we were out, we picked up some reception stuff. Then there were some phone calls, to the caterer and the DJ.

You probably know this, but when you hit the reply button (not quick reply), if you scroll down as you type, you can see all the previous posts. I do this when I want to reply to each individual. You don't need 2 windows open that way... just a thought.

I'm headed for a shower and TV with Neal. Toodles!

suetalks
01-24-2008, 09:43 PM
Evening ladies- Mom didn't have to go to the hospital, thank goodness. She is even feeling a bit better tonight and resting for a change.
The short story of it is that this was a vascular surgeon and her circulation was really good, the graft she had done a year ago was real good. He said the pain she is in is NOT from her circulation. So, we are back to finding someone to do something about her nerve....(pinched) And they can't do back surgery

It has been wicked cold here today. DD drove us this morning as my car has acted up lately and we were fearful of it breaking down in -20 wind chills with old ladies in tow. LOL
I might be shopping for a new vehicle when DH gets home. I love my car, but once they start acting up they need to go...lol. Mine is a 2001 Buick, but only has 35,000 miles.

I am not going to do individuals right now. I am pooped tonight.

Thank you all for your good wishes...

suetalks
01-24-2008, 09:49 PM
Tammy- :hug: to you and your Mom. Thank you for your good wishes. Sounds like your sister DID hear you about the weddings being too close together. Good for her! You are gonna be one busy lady. Have fun and don't stress (too bad.) haha

Jane- You also...don't get stressed about the reception stuff. You are a natural for organization. :)

Jules- Sorry you are sick. :hug:

Hi to everyone else and talk at ya tomorrow....

tommysgirl18
01-25-2008, 03:27 AM
hello ladies...how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end.....just rally trying to get through every thing so I can get my butt in bed! Marissa has her 9 month check up today at 10:45am, and then we have another appointment later on this afternoon. we are also going to be getting my sister Robyn living with us for a while. my mom told me that they will make sure that there is extra food here in the house while she is here and make sure that she has some extra money for things that she needs.

Francie~ That sounds like it was a productive day!!

Ellen~ For now I don't have any workout buddies. But when the weather breaks, I take the kids on walks and Tommy walks with us.

Tammy~ Thanks for the congrats for him! That is a definite way to get the pounds off. I am usually the same way....the year we got married we sparked six other couples to get married all within our families! Out of all those weddings, one couple is divorced and one couple broke up.

Trish~ What was the topic for his project?

Jules~ I hope you feel better soon!

Jane~ I actually forgot about that as well.....but I just pulled open another window to see if it would work! Yay on the second fitting! I can't wait to see pictures!!!

Sue~ I hope that the doctor's can figure out an option that your mom can use for her nerve.

Jane
01-25-2008, 10:55 AM
I'm in a hurry again. My niece is coming over in a bit, and I've got to get the house presentable. There're wedding reception things all over the place, lol, and I need to clean the toidies.

BBL later today.

Marti
01-25-2008, 11:46 AM
Morning my friends!

Quicky for me too today (feels like it's the holidays doesn't it!)

I need to learn better time management! Figure out how to make it last longer!

All I know it's finally Friday, this week is over and I get the weekend w/my DD!

I need to hop in the shower....you all have a lovely Friday!!

FrouFrou
01-25-2008, 04:49 PM
FRANCIE...woohoo to having a workout buddy! Hey, I have been wanting to do the water aerobics for years...heard it is easier on the old body, lol. I think I would have been uncomfortable too in the sauna...I probably would have started laughing and not been able to quit.

JANE...I thought Katie was eloping? Still wearing a gown to elope? The money...well, I will believe it when I see it.

ELLEN...hey, 4 books is good! Me and DD always tease each other. She was saying you must read fast, right? I don't think I do. Just when I get a book that is good I don't like to put it down until I finish it.

SUE...sorry about your momma. I wish they could find the problem and help her out, no one should have to hurt like she is. Wow, I am surprised your car is giving you problems...that is great having a 2001 with only that low mileage!

MINDEE...hoping you guys get lots from your taxes. I don't look forward to filing as I know this will be the first year in many that we will have to pay, ugh! I hate giving them anything!

TAMMY...three weddings, and a graduation...how exciting! I love weddings for the most part, lol. Your dinner is making my mouth water too, and I don't like salmon! $420, yikes! Awfully expensive to paint one room...maybe I should get in the business, lol. Hope you like the green...I love green in the house but then we have lots of sunlight.

Miss JULES...sorry you are not feeling so good missy, hugs to you! :hug: :hug: You have had your share of the icky stuff for sure. Hope you got to see the doc and they did or gave you something to make it better.

HIYA SASSY & MARTI!

Busy, busy, busy! Have a great weekend!

Shopaholic1204
01-25-2008, 05:19 PM
Hey everyone :wave: Hope everyone is doing well!!I just got home from the gym, so I'm going to jump in the shower soon.

But omg, I just wanna say...Yesterday, while doing the water aerobics..it felt like nothing was happening. I felt the burn after awhile..but that was about it. Well..lets cut to this morning, and me TRYING to get out of bed. And yes I mean trying. I couldn't stand up..I couldnt walk..I couldnt sit back down. My thighs were KILLING ME!!!!!!! We're all out of advil, so I dug into the emergency kit, and found some more aspirin, and I put some icy/hot on, because I couldn't find the Bengay. I danced around the living room for a little bit, and that seemed to loosen them up a bit. So I get to the gym, thinking that I'm not gonna be able to last on anything. I did 15 mins on the ellipitical (spl?) and then 20 mins on the bike. And now my thighs do not hurt!! I can walk & sit without probs. YAY!! My feet hurt, but my thighs dont. LoL!!

OH this was funny..my friends ditched me to go on the treadmill, so I'm in the bike area by myself. And I'm just minding my business listening to my iPod, telling myself that I need to seriously redo my nail polish..when these 2 guys sit on the bikes on either side of me. Now I get nervous. :o I hate being around strange guys, lol. Well..one of the guys starts talking to me. He's on my hubby's ship, and he was really funny and cracking me up..and out of nowhere..the guy on the other side of me..wipes his forhead and splashes ALL this sweat on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was sooooooooooooooo gross!!!!!!!!!!! The guy had this horrified look on his face..he kept apologizing over and over. Well, he ended up wiping his machine down and leaving cuz he was so embarassed. It was kinda funny and yet really gross at the same time, LOL!! The guy I was talking to was like "next time you come to the gym, bring a shield to wear" LOL!!

Okay..gonna shower now..obviously. BBL

FrouFrou
01-25-2008, 05:45 PM
OMG Francie...sounds funny but gross too! Poor guy, I bet he was embarrassed! That's what I heard about the aerobics too...it doesn't feel like you are doing anything until you feel it later!

sz2atheart
01-25-2008, 08:08 PM
Good Evening Ladies!!

Sue--You're right about my sis trying to plan her wedding a little farther away from my ds. I almost forgot my rant here about that. Geez, I really do have the over 50 brain now :?:

Jane--Deleted my earlier post so I don't stir up things with the powers that be!! I'm going dress shopping with my sis while dh paints. I'm really not that crazy buying a dress that I'll never were again. Then again, maybe I'll find a dress that I can wear to my dd wedding. I had a friend that wore the same dress to both her dd and ds weddings which were 2 years apart. No one really knew because one wedding was in St. Thomas and one was here at home. We did a poll at work and encouraged her to do it because she looked gorgeous in the dress. We did tease her afterward and told her she would look like "Where's Waldo" always showing up in the same outfit!!

Cristina--Yup, dh is putting on your dh's painting cap tomorrow!

Big hugs to all that I missed :hug: Had a long day at work and then had an appt with an attorney, my mom and bro to pick up mom's new will, advance directives and power of attorney papers. Kinda sad, but then we all went to dinner afterward and my stomach is rumbling from the crabcake, sometimes it has a laxative effect on me. Ok TIM!! Got a call from the furniture store that our office furniture has already come in :carrot: and it's only been two weeks when we were told to expect it in 6-8 weeks. I'm not getting it delivered until the 7th so we have time to get the room painted and the TV installed. My poor dh is crashed on the recliner. He got a call about 9 last night that a piece of equipment at work broke and returned to the plant to make decisions on the repair. He didn't get home till 3:30 a.m. and then went back to his office at 8:30 this morning. He's a chemical engineer and is a maintenance superintendent of a huge chemical plant. Poor guy works his butt off and has a ton of responsibility. I think I'll let him sleep a bit. I'm heading off to the shower before he wakes up. Have a wonderful evening ladies!!

Jane
01-25-2008, 08:45 PM
Hello ladies,

Marti - do you and Jhanai have any special plans for the weekend? Any time with her is special, though.

Jules - hope you're better by the time you read this.

Trish - the site here has been having some troubles, but it's supposed to be all fixed now. I panic when I can't get into 3FCs! Is it better now for you?

Cristina - yes, she's still wearing the gown. It's a beautiful tea length one, and she looks so pretty in it! Not only is she getting married in it, but she will wear the gown to the reception where Neal will walk her in the building, up to Clint, and hand her over to Clint. They will go right into the newlyweds' first dance. So believe it. :)

Sue - it's been sooooo cold here, too, but it's supposed to warm up tomorrow and Sunday. Yay!

Francie - funny story about the guy at the gym. I know I'd be plenty embarrassed, too, if I ever slung sweat like that on somebody! Yay for you, getting in your exercise!

Mindee - how did Marissa's checkup go?

Tammy - aww, sounds like your DH is sure a hard worker. Wow, your office will be all ready to go before you know it! From what you described, it sounds very nice.

Angie - how's everything way up north? Since the troupe needed an emergency stage manager, I can't imagine anyone better for the job than you! Was it fun?

I didn't get much accomplished today, but had a good visit with my niece.

I've been doing much better with the food, and now that my knee is better, I tried the WATP Waist video again. It still hurt my knee some, when I did the lunges, so I just did what I could. I sure don't need another injury!

Here's something I've been doing to stretch my soup: if it's vegetable, or beans, or something compatible, I've been adding a can of diced tomatoes to it, to get more soup for the same WW points. Tomatoes are a free veggie, and I love them. What I can't eat, I save for another day, or a snack.

Hope you have a good weekend! :hug:

Jane
01-25-2008, 08:50 PM
Btw, the administrator today deleted a thread that had the ecomonic booster checks as the topic, in fear of a political stance. Because of that, I removed the related question in my earlier post of today. :o

sz2atheart
01-25-2008, 10:08 PM
Jane,...I am making you proud and also deleted my "check" reply. I did, however, write something different to you. See ya!

upswife
01-25-2008, 10:27 PM
Good evening ladies!!!

Jane~I second the too cold. we have been in the single digits for highs, and below zero at night. My knee has been bothering me too, but I keep working it a little bit and it feels better.

Tammy~Don't you love when stuff comes in early! Your office willl look great, and be comfy because you and DH made it your own!

Christina~I am so like that too, I hate having to put my book down. Although my resolution is to read more, I realize that I can't neglect the other things I have to do. So for the most part it is taking me a little longer to read.

Francie~Great job on the gym time!!!! and all I can say is Ewww!!! lol I do the bikes at the gym too, but I find that if I manage to ride them for more than 30 min, my rear gets numb and starts to hurt. Dh did them with me today, and I thought he was going to fall off!!

Sue~Sorry to hear about your mom's nerve pain...could she maybe see a chiropractor, or massage therapist??? Hope you didn't have to get a new car, it is dreadful to have to go car shopping in this weather...we did 2 yrs ago, and it was not fun.

Mindee~hope your appointments went well today!

Martie~Have fun with your DD this weekend!!! Just don't stay up till 3am playing Wii this time. LOL

Today was good, Dh and I never got around to doing the wallpaper, but we still have the rest of the weekend. His braces are on, and he is much easier to live with, although eating has been interesting. We did make it to the gym today, and I am finally up to Three sets with all my weights...tho the shoulder press is extremely difficult, I had to remind myself not to hold my breath.

We were expecting a friend for dinner for my B-day, but because of the snow she didn't want to drive here from IN. She will come tomorrow if it is not snowing. I definitely ate too much for dinner, but still don't think I went over board today. I had just a small snack for lunch between the gym and running to the store. Dh and I are watching TV right now, He gets a hoot out of Most Haunted, then I think we will turn in early, I am wiped out from the gym!

Have a good Weekend all!!!

suetalks
01-25-2008, 10:58 PM
Did I forget to say: :bday2:

:hug: :celebrate: :hug:

:bday2you:

tommysgirl18
01-26-2008, 03:21 AM
Rissa had her 9 month check up! She did great! No shots were needed this time, but she did have to get her toe poked twice for a lead test. But hey, she didn't mind!

She is 28 inches long, 18lbs. 14.6 ounces, and her head circumference is 17 1/2 inches. The doctor said that she is following the 50th percentile for weight, but the 75th for her head and I believe also for her length.

We also talked to him about Brandon and his speech. He gave us the number to the local Early On program, and we have to call and make an appointment for a hearing screening and then we will go from there. But the pediatrician told us to get the hearing screening and get him in speech therapy.

Oh yeah....we got Tommy's 1099-R in the mail on Friday. So, we will be getting our taxes finished off hopefully in the next couple of days!!!

Elllen~ Happy Birthday to you!

Sassy_Chick
01-26-2008, 03:33 AM
Hi Girls.

All I gotta say is Advil Liquigels Rock!!! :carrot: My back went out again and I have been in so much pain I could not even walk straight, I was all hunched over like an old lady!!! lol. So anyways, got up today, it felt better, but still hurt, took some of the Advil Liquigels and now I feel amazing! I can walk straight and bend!!! Yippeee! Its the small things in life. lol.

I talked to my mom well I guess technically it was lastnight and she is currently checking out some places to get a job up here for when she moves up here in May. Well, helping her with her search, I found a job that I wanted to apply for, as most of you know I have complained about my current job and never have done a single thing about it until lastnight. I applied for a job -- outside of my company!!! :D I am proud of myself. Because before I was too afraid, I want out, but I was afraid to even apply somewhere different!! Stupid I know......:rolleyes:

So I am not getting my hopes up, even if I don't even get an interview with the place, I am still proud of myself for at least trying.

I hope you all are doing well.

tommysgirl18
01-26-2008, 03:54 AM
sassy~ good luck with the job prospect! I hope your back feels better soon!

Jane
01-26-2008, 01:06 PM
See you at #286.