LA Weight Loss - Herbal Supplements

View Full Version : Herbal Supplements

ChefsGirl
01-17-2008, 02:16 PM
I'm sick of being sick. I want to feel good! Does anyone take any supplements that boost the immune system?

I swear they need to pump lysol through the vents in my office. It's a germ-fest and I'm over it!

HeatherAngel
01-17-2008, 02:36 PM
You know - I take a multivitamin every day, 1000mg of Vitamin C, and a mineral supplement (as I started to have hair and nail issues around about the 80lbs lost mark!)... I also take Echinaechea when I feel a cold coming on.

The best thing I did for myself recently was switch from hard tablet vitamins to capsules - the body absorbs more of the goodness that way!

I am also a fan of Cold FX, even though it is very expensive - I only use that when I am doing a show.

Hope that is of some help!
Heather :D

zenor77
01-17-2008, 03:33 PM
I used to get sick at least once a month. Sometimes more. I started by taking a multi-vitamin (I prefer a high quality liquid) and that helped, but I still got sick more often then most people. I then started taking a omega-3 supplement (fish oil) for another reason and noticed that I only got sick one or twice a season which is a vast improvement for me.

I've also noticed that when I don't get enough sleep that is when I get sick. So I try to get my 8-9 hours whenever there is something going around.

apple76
01-17-2008, 03:45 PM
In the evening take half cup warm, but not hot, just warm water (boiled before, not tap) and dissolve 1 Tb honey in it. Let it sit overnight and drink it slowly in the morning, before you eat/drink anything else. Honey in a nature-wonder and boosts immune system. Make it a daily habit, you will benefit from it.

Tuesday Cool
01-17-2008, 10:15 PM
Ziacam tablets have been a wonder for me. Also, wash your hand often. I work in a hospital (animal) setting and wash my hands 30-40 times a day. I never get sick when people around me do. Before I would catch everything drifting through the air. Of course I do have dry hands but Curel to the rescue!
Wash you keyboards ans phone with alcohol wipes.

July19wed
01-18-2008, 12:19 AM
Try vitamin d 1000iu daily (at least), it helps boost your immune system and also helps you absorb calcium better (double whamy). Or airborne seems to work pretty well. I work at a doc's office so I am ALWAYS fighting something, since I started my multivitamin and a b complex with vit. c I haven't gotten sick!

jamiam
01-18-2008, 05:55 PM
Zicam works for me. Any time I feel a cold coming on, I start it. I use the swabs since the tablets leave a bad taste. I haven't had a cold in the past 2 years.