Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - Foodie Loot

View Full Version : Foodie Loot

gailr42
01-15-2008, 08:43 PM
What a neat web-site. I notice that they have essential oils of lavendar, lemon, etc. What do you do with these? I am thinking I might use one for room fragrance. Or are they for cooking? Anybody know?

Suzanne 3FC
01-15-2008, 09:53 PM
Essential oils are generally for aromatherapy, soaps, etc. Many can be dangerous if consumed, so read the label carefully.

Odd site. I guess I'm picky, but they are selling prepared food (repackaged spices) without identifying themselves or location. How do I know if they are operating from a properly licensed and approved facility, and not someone's spare room? :?:

cbmare
01-16-2008, 05:45 PM
I contacted them and asked those questions. Haven't heard back yet.

cbmare
01-17-2008, 05:40 PM
Here's the answer I got to the questions.

Hi Mare,

To answer your questions:
What size containers are the gourmet sea salts?
All our sea salts come packaged in convenient wide flip-topped filled 3 oz. containers. Net weight varies by product. Containers are reusable and recyclable. -For example, the Hawaiian Red Alaea Sea Salt weighs 4 ounces while the Australian Murray River Pink Flake Sea Salt weighs 2 ounces, both in the same size container, due to moisture and mineral content.
How do I know you are operating from a properly licensed and approved facility, and not someone's spare room? where are you located?
We are an internet only business based in San Francisco, with a warehouse in Alameda. We are a fully licensed business, as are all our suppliers and growers, and vend at local certified farmers markets in San Francisco and Marin.

Hope this helps!

Katie McQueen
http://foodieloot.ecrater.com
foodieloot@att.net