Exercise! - Nordic Track Ski Machine

View Full Version : Nordic Track Ski Machine

luzcious
02-03-2002, 06:58 PM
I've been thinking about purchasing one of these. I took a cross country ski course several years ago at college and loved it, but would like to try this machine. Does anyone have any opinions about it?

Thanks!

moonstone
02-04-2002, 07:30 AM
I have a girlfriend who swears by it - actually I know several people who have one and use it - seems like an excellent machine - I have tried one (or similar brand) at the gym and found that I had difficulty getting used to the stride ... but my friends tell me that you get the rhythm eventually. Excellent cardio workout but you have to be careful not to overdo it - go by the exercise book they prescribe, the girlfriend above has overdone it now and again and been really exhausted when she went too long. Overall, I haven't heard anything negative abot them - they're pricey but from all I have heard, well worth it.

gsc4
02-04-2002, 12:32 PM
The Nordic Trak is a great machine for at home exercise, but if you expect it to be just like cross-country skiing you will be disappointed. The movement is similar, but definately not the same. Remember, any outdoor activity that you try and duplicate on a stationary machine indoors will not be the same.

All this said, the NordicTrak is one of the best quality machines you can get for at home exercising. It is a very well made piece of equipment and should last a long time. It exercises all the large muscle groups (legs and arms) and gives a great cardiovascular workout. The movement is smooth and low-impact so even people with joint problems can do it.

Just don't expect the exhiliration of real skiing!

:cool: