Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-15-2008, 06:28 PM   #1  

Height: 5'3"

Default just started... so far so good

So I started counting calories yesterday and so far I have been doing well... now I know it's only been 2 days but for me... that's a lot. I have never been able to control myself for more than a day. Also, I don't feel like I am really suffering... I have resisted the urge to overeat about 3 times now, but other than that I feel fine. Is this a good sign that my first couple of days are going well? I would think it gets easier as I go.

Thanks for any support, I really am feeling great about myself right now. I have had ample opportunity to just binge out but I have stayed within my goals (I cut my daily intake by about half!) for more than 24 hours, and I can hardly believe it's me that's doing it!
beautybooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:43 PM   #2  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

counting calories is agreat way to go i hopeyou love it as much as me lol
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:03 PM   #3  
No description available.

Welcome to 3FC! Sounds like you are off to a great start!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:06 PM   #4  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

beautybooty!!

It does get easier - in that you build healthier habits and you find stuff you like that you know will stay in your count for the day.

For me - the urge to overeat has NEVER gone away, but I find it easier to make healthier choices. This minimizes the damage I can do.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:15 PM   #5  

thanks! I have heard that once you start eating less your body doesn't want as much any more. I know I have been able to (and willing to) eat an entire box of macaroni and cheese in the past and I would like to be able to eat just a serving and not really be hungry for more.

I know it's going to be my mindset that mostly tempts me, my body seems fine. I'm just one of those people who really loves a great big meal.

You gals are all great motivation for me!
Old 01-15-2008, 07:26 PM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, and congratulations on the great start! That's really encouraging... I know that feeling of "making it through one whole day". It does get easier, but be diligent. You can do it!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

congrats on your start of a new life!! It takes a lot just to begin!! And i pray that you do well in achieving your goals!! We all have that fire women have inside to be strong!!
skinnyvanilly2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:24 PM   #8  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Congratulations! I agree that starting is the hardest part. Keep up the positive attitude!
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:27 PM   #9  

i am a little worried though since i will be spending the weekend at my boyfriend's house. they are all trying to lose weight too so that's not an issue, but it's hard to count calories with food that i am not making.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:32 PM   #10  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautybooty View Post
I'm just one of those people who really loves a great big meal.

You gals are all great motivation for me!
Me too! I love food! So, I just incorporate a LOT of veggies into my meal. A nice big plate full of food - veggies, veggies everywhere. One thing that helps many people with portion control. Use a smaller plate and the rule of fourths. 1/4 of your plate is your protein, 1/4 is your grain, and 2/4 (half) is your veggie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:33 PM   #11  

also, myplate is telling me i can eat 2,218 calories per day and lose 2lbs. per week, but i i am trying to stick to between 1500-1700... does this sound right? i am a very big girl for my height (282 / 5'3") so i can see how 2,218 calories would be a cut back (I estimated I had been eating closer to 3,000)... but do you think my numbers are good?
Old 01-15-2008, 08:34 PM   #12  

yeah the veggies thing is gonna be big for me too. i know i am gonna wanna snack before bed so i think i will be having some peas.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:50 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Height: 5'4

Beauty: Welcome and good for YOU! You will find a wealth of lovely, caring ladies and (dare I say since we don't meet personally but...) FRIENDS on this site. It has been a real inspriation for me. I'm a lo carber but I post in a numerous places. Hardest thing? Probably stickin' to it if you have a few pounds to loose and results are not evident until a few months down the road. Best wishes on your journey.

SC
stayincalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:05 PM   #14  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

I think your numbers are in the ballpark. Only trial and error will tell you for sure. I would probably start closer to the 1700 if I were you - even 1800 would be a reasonable start. For me, my age and my history of yo-yo dieting hurt my metabolism. I had to start lower that the software suggested. But, I think it is a really individual thing. Pick a number, give it some time and adjust as needed. Up the calories if you feel hungry or are working out extensively though. We don't want you fainting on us
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:10 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 185/180/135

Height: 5.5

Hi and welcome to the site. I am also a newbie on here and just started trying to lose my goal of 50lbs. I feel your pain on loving to eat... that is my biggest problem. I hate not being able to have sweets. I have been doing well for 6 days now and it is getting easier, but the cravings are still there. I give myself one day a week to cheat just a little or I think I would die... I do keep it in moderation though...maybe like one meal off plan. Anyway, i wish you luck in your journey!!!
dreamer12 is offline   Reply With Quote