UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2002, 04:13 PM   #1  

Talking determined this time

hiya everyone ive been readng the boards and think youse could be just the people im looking for to keep me on straight and narrow now im determined this is going to be my last time losing weight and I AM going to do it huh we'll see all i need is tasty low cal meal ideas and a boot up the bum sometimes to keep me on track hope someone can help me
Old 02-03-2002, 04:22 PM   #2  
Theres no stopping me now

Welcome aboard flumper. I admire your determination and hopefully I can match it - as this is the year I am going to lose it big. Last year I played at it this year I am not going to give up so easily. I had a wonderful January & need to carry on from there.

What plan are you following, between us we are following just about every plan imaginable apart from Atkins I think ??

You've probably read our weekly weigh in thread & our general chit chat "hello from 1 fat chick from England #6" (don't be put off by the England bit - they are all lovely) Feel free to join in.

We can do this if we all stick together.

Carol

Last edited by Smiling Sal; 02-03-2002 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-03-2002, 05:27 PM   #3  

Default plans

hi sal thank you for your welcome ,im not actually following any plan this time im trying it my way sort of a mix from all plans as long as its low fat and tasty i dont really mind, but i have such a long way to go , i went to fitday.com and they told me to reach my target weight by next ...yes next july i need to lose 1.6 lbs a week which isnt asking to much really its just a llot to lose and a long road.im 218 lbs just now i need to be around 100 or less but 100 sounds great to me right now, do you have any tips on exercise i cannot no matter how hard i try get motivated to do anything after running around after 4 kids(5 if i include the other half) ive no time or inclination to do much although i quite fancy that dance aerobics that is popular just now ...olivia newton john eat your heart out
Old 02-04-2002, 05:36 AM   #4  
Theres no stopping me now

Walking is my big favourite. I work so I 'escape' at lunchtime & go for a walk, failing that I try & get out in the evenings for a walk, depending on my other halfs shift.

I'm also trying to fit in some aerobics, I like the sound of the dance ones, but haven't had the funds to go out & buy one yet to try it. I stick to my tried & tested Lorraine Kelly ones. I try & get up early in the morning, usualy around 6 to work out to the vids.
I love to swim, but don't manage to get there every week as my boys always want to come so it turns into splash around rather than a work out - but I still think it is better for me thatn sitting on the couch watching the box.

Carol
Old 02-06-2002, 10:38 AM   #5  

Default exercise tips

Hi flumper

I teach special needs kids and am a student in the evening I know what you mean about finding the energy and time to exercise.
I bought one of those mini trampolines and its beginning to work...it puts no stress on any joints and is great.
Just bang on your favourite music and bounce!
There are lots of variations of exercises.
I BOUNCE TO MTV.
It really works if you set yourself so many songs.....
eg. I started with three songs which totals about nine minutes....then you can increase it.
you really sweat and it gets rid of the bits that bounce quicker than you would think!

Do you need a buddy because im looking for one?

hope this might help?

sledgin x x x
Old 02-06-2002, 11:43 AM   #6  

i like the trampoline thing but i think id go right through it and end up on the floor hahahaha oh yes i could do with myown buddy someone to give me kick up the backside when im thinking just have the crisps or one carry out meal wont hurt arghhhhh im in self torture mode lol
Old 02-06-2002, 11:58 AM   #7  

Default great

thats great..i have put you on my buddy list so I can stop that take away or crisps from going in - as long as you do the same for me?
hitting the floor through the trampoline was a fear of mine ...ha ha but it is surprising how robust they are...tee hee...

at least we can laugh about it eh?

I will send you an update of my progress each day.....Is that possible for you too?
between 3 and 5 oclock european UK time.

by the way where are you from?
Old 02-06-2002, 12:00 PM   #8  

yes im on most days so if im not on at that time the message for you will still be here i get lost now and then when i go into other message boards i forget where ive left messages for people uk fc is only one i remember to come back and check regularly
Old 02-06-2002, 12:04 PM   #9  

Default Ill check at UKFC first each time then

Old 02-07-2002, 08:30 PM   #10  

Talking Determined

Hi Flumper:

So I am not exactly from Scotland....seems my ancestors were, and they probably had a weight problem too.

But not us not any more!!

I will check in here to post our successes. Because we are only going to have success stories! Right!!

This message brought to you by the Cheerleader.
Old 02-08-2002, 02:10 AM   #11  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default Trampolining

Hi Sledgin and all

BPB and myself use the Trampoline to exercise, we have aerobics tapes to work out to. The are very good and the lastest one I have really makes you work.

I love that kind of exercise - like you say it does no damage to your joints etc, and its is much more effective on the body than working out on the floor.

Keep us informed of your progress. I have an exercise monitor (a WW Buddy) and it really registers when I bounce

A lot of bigger ladies have said they will try it when they are a little smaller - no need to wait I say, do it now, it burns fat, what do you think?
Old 02-08-2002, 07:58 AM   #12  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

I really like the sound of this mini trampette thing, I will have a look in Argos next time I am around there, where do you get the videos from? i haven't seen any.
Old 02-08-2002, 08:53 AM   #13  

Default trampolines

some are sold with videos and others not...you have to shop around.
but dont worry if you cant find one....like i say i use mtv or a complilation tape of music and that works just as well.
they tend to work better on your figure with lots of arm movement too.
i just bounce about on mine.....its quite fun when you get going....like having a silly half hour to yourself...........

it reminds me of being a kid and jumping round your room with your favourite songs on!

gonna have another go today!
still doin ok - but fell victim to the call of the last jammie dodger in the packet.....ah well im only human.

keep in touch x x x

sledgin
Old 02-08-2002, 11:37 AM   #14  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default TQ Trampolines (rebounders)

I got mine from Argos some time ago. I think Index do them as well around 12 quid.

For the videos try Bol.com. This was recommended to me by BPF. Amazon messed her around and I with the delivery. When mine arrived it was labelled up wrong and I had to send it back.

I re-ordered with Bol.com and saved myself about 4 quid so it was worth it. The latest tape is called Cario Bounce . I have also Cardio Bounce (the two are unconnected)

Hey its Friday and Booze night, the way I feel at the moment, 2 glasses of wine and I'll be away with the fairies - thank god we have finished for a week - need a rest from 950 kids!!!

Old 02-08-2002, 01:23 PM   #15  

Talking honoray scot

well hello sunny nice to see you in here or on here whatever way its said ive had a good day today not even a sniff of mcds which is just as well sunny have you tried the trampolining as a way to lose weight? sledgin says its good as its low impact but im scared ill get on and bounce and ill be standing on the floor what a picture that conjures up, im going to have a look in the argos book see what weight it withstands hopefully not mines not yet ........im not ready oh sledgin they jammi dodgers are a killer arnt they they scream at you eat me eat me eat me i had a slip yesterday i had big mac meal but im not going to let it get to me im back doing good today so thats all that matters hope your still bouncing around happily but any more jammy dodgers and youll end up on the floor with me catch up with you all soon xxx
Closed Thread