LA Weight Loss - Favorite Breakfasts

View Full Version : Favorite Breakfasts

Lynx
01-15-2008, 06:49 PM
Here are two of my favorite breakfasts. I typically have a minimum of P, a S and a Fruit for breakfast.

The egg custard can be made ahead of time the night before and reheated in microwave or eaten cold in the morning.

Egg Custard

2 large whole eggs
cup skim milk
2 tsp splenda
1 tsp vanilla
Nutmeg
Cinnamon

Beat ingredients well and pour mixture into at least a 1 cup Corning or Corelle oven safe baking dish. Sprinkle the top with cinnamon and nutmeg . Place the dish with the egg mixture in another baking pan with a couple of inches of water in it.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes until custard is not running and is almost set.

2 Servings
P each
Numbered plans

Oatmeal pancake

1 large whole egg
cup dry not cooked oatmeal
1 tsp splenda
1 TB low fat yogurt

Mix ingredients all together in a bowl and pour into a pre-heated frying pan at medium temperature which has been sprayed with non stick spray. Mixture will be thick so just use a spoon to spread mixture evenly to make one big pancake. When one side is cooked flip over briefly to cook the other side.

Note: I sprinkle cooked pancake with 1 tsp of splenda before eating.

1 Serving
P, 1S
Numbered plans.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 64 lbs.
Original goal of 50 lbs lost achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs

Mama Nicole
01-15-2008, 06:56 PM
My all time favorite breakfast is MTDebster's ricotta cheese pancakes. My kids love them so much that they don't even like regular pancackes anymore :)

**Ricotta Cheese Pancakes**-1/2PC
Ingredients:

3 tbsp flour
2 tsp Splenda
1 tsp baking powder
¼ cup egg substitute
½ cup low-fat ricotta cheese

Preparation:

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Spoon small amounts onto griddle coated with cooking spray. Flip when pancakes begin to rise; cook until golden.

Makes: 2 servings
Serving size: ½ recipe
LA Exchange: ½ Protein, 1 Condiment

Joni135
01-15-2008, 09:48 PM
It's 9 PM and now I want a pancake...with syrup! I need to try these recipes!
My favorite breakfasts:

Yogurt with fiber one and a small apple

Breakfast burrito made with low-carb tortilla wrap, scrambled eggs and a little ground turkey (I confess I put in some sausage seasoning so this tastes just like sausage).

Bowl of cereal with milk and banana

protein shake slightly blended with frozen fruit.

JLem311
01-15-2008, 09:56 PM
i love to have a pita (found some really great ones at walmart) with natural peanut butter and a few of those flat sandwich pickles. :)
or apple cinnamon oatmeal made with just plain quick oats and i cut up an apple, put it in a pan with some lite margarine (if i want to get a fat in) and some splenda and cinnamon, til the apples are a bit soft. and then i put that over the oatmeal. it's so yummy!

i also love to mash a banana in a bowl, add a 1/4 cup egg beaters and tear up a piece of lite bread, add some cinnamon and put it in a nonstick pan and cook til browned on both sides (my mom used to make that for me when i was little and called it a banana fritter). i usually use some spray butter on it too.

Tuesday Cool
01-15-2008, 10:31 PM
OK my breakfast of champs...

Veggies for Breakfast?

Saute' mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, spinach, any veggie you like, together. Do a bunch and store in a container in fridge.
In the morning make a 1/2 C egg beater or 1 egg & 1 white mixture with a smidge of skim milk. Pour on skillet with cooking spray, add 1/2 C veggies (warmed in micro) 1oz LF shredded cheese. Cook through, flip and serve with toast. Add 1 T avocado if you like.

1 V
1 P
1 S (with toast)
1 F (with avo)

Gets one veg out of the way first thing.

numbered plans

amylou7777
01-16-2008, 03:19 AM
I actually made this for dinner....but I made it again for bfast bc it was so good. I counted it as 1/2p, 1V, 1/2D 1fa for 1/8th of it.

It's from Food Network's Ellie Kriger's Healthy Cooking show!

Your guys' recipes sound AWESOME! I'm definitely going to try all of them, and Joni I'm also a huge fan of yogurt and fiber 1 thanks to Lynn!

Broccoli and Cheddar Frittata

4 large whole eggs
4 large egg whites
2 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 small red onion, sliced (about 1 cup)
2 cups chopped cooked broccoli
1/4 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup shredded extra-sharp Cheddar (low fat) (2 ounces)

Separate 4 of the eggs, putting the whites into a medium sized bowl and discarding the yolks (or saving them for another purpose). Add the remaining 4 whole eggs and 2 tablespoons of water to the whites and whisk well.
In a medium ovenproof nonstick skillet heat the oil over a medium flame. Add the onion and cook until it begins to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the broccoli and cook for another 2 minutes. Season with salt and a few turns of pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables in the skillet covering them evenly. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and let cook until the egg mixture has set around the edges but is somewhat liquid in the middle, about 8 minutes. Sprinkle with the cheese.

Meanwhile, preheat the broiler. Place the skillet under the broiler about 2 inches from the heat until the surface is set and golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Be careful not to overcook or the egg mixture will become tough.

Cut the frittata into 8 wedges and serve.

Nutrition Information
Nutritional Analysis per serving Calories 215
Total Fat 12 grams Saturated Fat 4.5 grams
Cholesterol 227 mg Sodium 385 mg
Carbohydrates 11 grams Protein 17 grams
Fiber 3.5 grams

JerseyMadchen
01-16-2008, 01:42 PM
Mmmmm.... these all sound great!

I made Yogurt Bran Muffins this morning, not too bad for diet muffins. I was raised with homemade muffins all the time, so I was a little dissapointed. I added blueberries, which is what saved them (in my opinion.)

I cannot search and find this recipe on here, the search tool is no help at all. When I find it, I will post.

Another GREAT muffin which I heard about through my COD and through a friend on WW, is a mixture of a box cake mix, a 15oz. can of pumpkin, 2 tsp. of cinnamon and I add some raisins. The recipe was a bundt cake, but I make muffins out of them, ~20 mins at 350. I freeze the remaining and nuke them with a cup of coffee in the morning. FANTASTIC. You can experiment with different cake mixes. My personal favorites are the banana and the carrot one!

michie
01-16-2008, 01:55 PM
I just had the best breakfast burrito! I used 2 eggs, a bell pepper, RF sliced turkey and a WW/LF tortilla. It was amazing.

Lynx
01-16-2008, 02:05 PM
Mmmmm.... these all sound great!

I cannot search and find this recipe on here, the search tool is no help at all. When I find it, I will post.

What works for me with the Search Tool, is to add several ***** to the end of the topic that I am searching for and then I don't get the error message that my search topic was too short.

Is this the recipe?

Yogurt Bran Muffins
1cup Fiber One cereal
2 egg whites or 1 whole egg slightly beaten
1/4cup vegetable oil (I use canola)
2 6oz containers low-fat yogurt (Any flavor, I use strawberry banana or white chocolate strawberry)
1 1/2 cups flour
1/3cup brown sugar (I sub the Brown sugar Splenda or Brown sugar Twin)
1 1/4tsp baking soda
1/2tsp salt
1/2cup berries ( I use strawberries and blueberries)
1 small mashed banana (my addition)

heat oven to 400degrees. Grease bottoms of 12 regular sized muffin cups or place liners in each muffin cup

In Medium bowl stir together egg, oil, banana and yogurt. Stir in cereal and remaining ingedients except berries just until moistened. Gently stir in berries. Divide batter between muffin cups. Filling each 3/4full. This makes exactly 12 muffins

Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pan

The COD told me today that it is 1S,1F,1FA

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 64 lbs.
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved

JerseyMadchen
01-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Yes, thanks Lynn!

This is it!

I was bad and just ate one cold while putting htem away, they're actually better!!!

cecil
01-16-2008, 03:12 PM
My fav breakfast is actually pretty simple.
2 pieces of light bread with RF PB and half a banana cut in slices on the top. I toast the bread, put pb on and then add bananas! yum!
My other fav which is also fairly simple is 1 egg scrambled with red pepper seasoning. 2 pieces of light bread toasted and ICBINB spray. I put hot sauce on the egg and then put the egg on the bread and make a egg sandwhich! Love it! yum yum!

WITeresa
01-16-2008, 03:25 PM
My favorite breakfast is 2 poached eggs on a toasted Thomas' Light Multi-Grain English Muffin. With that I have a smoothie in my bullet. Throw in one small banana, 1 c. frozen raspberries, 1 c. Light 'n Fit Vanilla Yogurt and a couple of packets of Splenda, (and some Benefiber for good measure) and it's delicious! ;)

chica33
01-16-2008, 03:36 PM
I eat the same thing everyday. I wonder when I will get sick of it! lol
cereal with milk

Lynx, I can't wait to try these tomorrow...switch it up a bit!!
Thanks!

spacystacy
01-16-2008, 05:45 PM
Smoothie:

1 c. light soy milk
1 c. frozen fruit of choice
1 pkt. splenda (if you use flavored light soymilk, such as chocolate or vanilla, omit the splenda)

I will do this as dessert too - like eating a shake.

YUM!
1 dairy
1 fruit

roserph
01-16-2008, 06:39 PM
I am a creature of habit :)....2 ounces Ricotta with cinnamon heated up in the microwave and a clementine....every day for the past 5 months....1/2P 1F on Gold.

Lynx
01-16-2008, 07:25 PM
I am a creature of habit :)....2 ounces Ricotta with cinnamon heated up in the microwave and a clementine....every day for the past 5 months....1/2P 1F on Gold.

Hi Rose,
I too love ricotta cheese warmed up with cinnamon. However, my Counselors said that I would not lose weight because the ricotta cheese has too little protein to get your metabolism started in the morning. So occasionally I use it, but I don't buy it often because then I will use it more than occasionally.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 64 lbs.

JerseyMadchen
01-16-2008, 09:01 PM
Lyn, I am excited to make the pancake. Question, though... when you say 1/4 cup dry otameal, you mean oats? Should I use a flavored oatmeal?

Also, how do you eat it? RF Syrup?

JerseyMadchen
01-16-2008, 09:02 PM
Sorry, LYNN. My younger sister is Lyn, so I apologize for continually mispelling your name.

Lynx
01-16-2008, 09:11 PM
Lyn, I am excited to make the pancake. Question, though... when you say 1/4 cup dry otameal, you mean oats? Should I use a flavored oatmeal?

Also, how do you eat it? RF Syrup?

I use one minute Quaker Oats. If you use the pre-packaged flavored oatmeal, the calories are about double. 75 calories versus about 140.

On the numbered plans, under starches, the serving for oatmeal is 1/2 cooked, but to get 1/2 cooked you start with 1/4 cup dry oatmeal because the cooking doubles it. That is why I use the 1/4 cup uncooked oatmeal.

I eat it with a teaspoon of splenda sprinkled on top and I like it that way. It reminds me of the crepes my mother made me. You can use RF syrup or even sf jam would be good.

Hope this helps.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 64 lbs.

roserph
01-16-2008, 11:58 PM
Hi Lynn!

Maybe thats why I have been stuck at this darn weight for so long....any other breakfast suggestions using 1/2P and 1F? I am really going to miss my favorite breakfast...I guess I can do it every other day ;)...lol!

Debbie24
01-17-2008, 12:50 AM
I always do something different for breakfast. I do scrambled egg beaters with cherry tomatoes & cheese on lite bread, egg beaters scrambeled with bell peppers on lite bread with ketchup, egg or egg beater omelet with spinach or mushrooms and cheese, chunky PB on lite bread, tuna in ww pita, bagle with jam, sometimes just a lite & fit smoothie and fruit or lite & fit yogurt with fiber 1.

Question about the fiber 1 - Do you guys use the regular or honey cluster? The honey cluster is soo good but is it OP? I've been using the regular but if the honey cluster is OP i'll definitely be using that.

Jillian - your banana fritter is made on the stove top or in the oven? Is it like bread pudding? Not that i ever had bread pudding but i wanted to try it sometime.

JLem311
01-17-2008, 12:57 AM
I always do something different for breakfast. I do scrambled egg beaters with cherry tomatoes & cheese on lite bread, egg beaters scrambeled with bell peppers on lite bread with ketchup, egg or egg beater omelet with spinach or mushrooms and cheese, chunky PB on lite bread, tuna in ww pita, bagle with jam, sometimes just a lite & fit smoothie and fruit or lite & fit yogurt with fiber 1.

Question about the fiber 1 - Do you guys use the regular or honey cluster? The honey cluster is soo good but is it OP? I've been using the regular but if the honey cluster is OP i'll definitely be using that.

Jillian - your banana fritter is made on the stove top or in the oven? Is it like bread pudding? Not that i ever had bread pudding but i wanted to try it sometime.

the banana fritter is made in a pan on the stovetop. you just want to cook it til the egg isn't so wet and it's browned on both sides. i have a hard time flipping it so it stays together, so it ends up in chunks, but that's the way my mom's always turned out). it looks like a mushy mess when you mix it in a bowl, but once browned it's really good.

JerseyMadchen
01-17-2008, 12:44 PM
Mmmm, I can't wait to try the banana fritter! I am making the pancake this morning!

Thanks guys!

I usually do yogurt with fruit and granola sprinkles, a smoothie with a POP muffin, eggs (on days I don't have to be anywhere early), or toast.

It's nice to hear some different ideas!

whatazoo
01-17-2008, 01:54 PM
Rose - I was using homemade applesauce (with just a bit of splenda) and cottage cheese (1%) for my 1/2 P and F. It really doesn't sound or look good, but man, it tastes good! :)

JerseyMadchen
01-17-2008, 02:16 PM
Ok, I made the pancake! It was GREAT Lynn!! I loved it! My mom gave me to try Apple Chicken Sausage, so I browned a link too with it. Man oh man, I was in heaven!

cecil
01-17-2008, 02:28 PM
Amy, what did you end up putting on the pancake?

roserph
01-17-2008, 06:26 PM
Thanks so much Stephanie!!! I am going to pick up some cottage cheese next time I go shopping....I have tons of unsweetened applesauce because my little guy loves it...its a staple in my house ;)!

JerseyMadchen
01-17-2008, 10:22 PM
Cecilia,

I sprayed with ICBINB spray and sprinkled a cinnamon sugar on it. It was REALLY good. I wanted MORE~

Repo girl
01-18-2008, 01:26 AM
I like to toast a pita half, spread the inside of it with a Laugh Cow lite wedge, and fill it with a scrambled egg. Tomorrow, however, I am going to try Lynn's pancake. That looks awesome!

WITeresa
01-18-2008, 10:43 AM
I made Lynn's Oatmeal Pancake for breakfast this morning. It was incredible! I totally felt like I was cheating, but I was POP... Awesome recipe Lynn! :carrot: Thanks!

traceym1
01-18-2008, 02:08 PM
I loved the ricota cheese pancake and had the whole thing with strawberries so instead of 1/2p I had a whole protein.
Tracey

evilwomaniamshe
01-18-2008, 02:16 PM
I love to eat dannon all natural yogurt blueberry or strawberry, I put this into a bowl, then I add either a chopped up apple or a banana, plus i add 1/2 cup old fashioned (DRY) oatmeal and mix this up, It is long lasting and chewy and very filling. I also toss on a bit of ground flax or a few almonds for some good fat.
I LOVE THIS and I am known to eat it for lunch or supper somedays too...

Katy66
01-18-2008, 05:20 PM
I love RF Peanut Butter on toast with a banana or grapes.........it is so yummy!

ronlu
01-19-2008, 12:00 AM
I usually mix it up quite a bit for breakfast, wth the exception that I have a grapefruit. Breakfasts run from cottage cheese mixed with fruiit(even grapefruit!)and crystal light, oatmeal, cream of wheat, english muffins, cereal, home made muffins, egg beater omelet,, etc. I add in some nuts for protein, although I count them as one of my fats.

Debbie24
01-19-2008, 10:52 AM
Lynn - I did your pancake for breakfast this morning. That was some yummy pancake, i'm so stuffed. I didnt have the 1 minute oats and used the old fashioned, have you done it with old fashioned and if you have is there much of a difference. I'll pick up some 1 minute oats tomorrow and some RF syrup, cant wait to try it that way. Oh my other question is would i be able to use egg beaters instead of egg? I dont like to have regular eggs too much. I dont mind having it occasionally but i thought i'd ask anyway about the egg beaters. Thanks and Thanks for posting the recipe.

Lynx
01-19-2008, 11:08 AM
Lynn - I did your pancake for breakfast this morning. That was some yummy pancake, i'm so stuffed. I didnt have the 1 minute oats and used the old fashioned, have you done it with old fashioned and if you have is there much of a difference. I'll pick up some 1 minute oats tomorrow and some RF syrup, cant wait to try it that way. Oh my other question is would i be able to use egg beaters instead of egg? I dont like to have regular eggs too much. I dont mind having it occasionally but i thought i'd ask anyway about the egg beaters. Thanks and Thanks for posting the recipe.

I think it will be fine with old fashioned oats and with egg beaters. My DH likes the 1 minute oats so that is what I have on hand.

Interestingly, I just picked up the Jan 28th issue of Woman's World and they have an article about the importance of eggs for breakfast. They cite a study by a scientist at LSU who calls eggs a metabolism booster and very important for breakfast especially when trying to lose weight. They also say that eggs appear to prevent muscle loss during weight loss.

The bad reputation of eggs seems to be turning around. According to an Egg Nutrition Center expert - " Eggs have little effect on cholesterol and recommend 7-10 eggs a week. The only risk occurs when you don't have enough eggs."
The article says that the health benefits of eggs are stronger hair and nails; healthier eyes; better memory; and protection for breast cancer.

When LAWL went to the numbered plans, they lifted the limit on the number of eggs consumed during a week.

Have a great weekend.

Lynn
Original goal of 50 lbs lost - accomplished
Revised goal of 65 lbs lost - accomplished

Debbie24
01-19-2008, 11:47 AM
Lynn thanks for the info. The only reason i try to stay away from the egg is because of the fat. 5g of fat per egg is alot. IF i do have eggs i like to only have 1 at a time. maybe i'm going about it all wrong, who knows. Thanks for answering.

Lynx
01-19-2008, 11:57 AM
Debbie,
I thought the same way you did until recently. I changed my view. I have been using about 8 eggs a week since I changed to Plan 2. Usually one egg a day for breakfast and then eggs for lunch one day during the week. It has worked for me.

Lynn

Tuesday Cool
01-19-2008, 03:55 PM
I eat eggs almost every day for breakfast. Eggs really are the perfect protein. The protein is well absorbed, contains all the essential amino acids (building blocks for proteins which are the building blocks for muscle) and ounce for ounce they are a good source of calories. Even when I was a vegetarian I ate eggs for my protein. The fat in the yolk is good for your skin, hair, and nails.

GrandmaCindy
01-20-2008, 10:13 AM
Lynn: My husband made me your pancake with his traditional "make a mess of the kitchen" Sunday morning breakfast. Is really good. Thanks for the recipe. Cindy

Repo girl
01-20-2008, 11:09 AM
Lynn-

I made your pancake for breakfast this morning. It is delicious. I added a bit of vanilla to the batter and ate it with a small sauteed banana and cinnamon on top. Really good.

Lynx
01-20-2008, 11:38 AM
The reason I love it other than just the taste is that the ingredients are ones that everyone usually has on hand; it is easy and fast to make; and it is an easy recipe to count because it is just 1P,1S.
Glad everyone is enjoying it.

Lynn

JerseyMadchen
01-20-2008, 11:57 AM
Debbie24-

I made it with the Old Fashioned Oats as I didn't have the 1 minute ones either. It turned out great, I can't see how it could have been any better!

I am going to add vanilla today and some blueberries on top! Yum!

Thanks guys!

aubieswife
01-20-2008, 12:39 PM
Hi I'm a newbie here...I haven't tried the pancake yet, but I will, sounds yummy. This morning I tried a LF Waffle with RF PB and 1/2 banana sliced on top...that was so good!
I like to make this BIG Cookie recipe in a batch of 4 and freeze them, very handy to grab on the way to work and filling, it's from the old PWLathome site...Enjoy!
BIG Cookie:
Ingredients:
2T. raisins
1T. PB (I like RF chunky)
2T + 2t. dry nonfat milk
1/2 t. baking powder
1t. brown sugar (splenda)
3-4 T. dry oatmeal
2T. water
2Pkgs sugar substitute
Combine all ingredients and scoop onto a cookie sheet that has coated with nonfat cooking spray. Bake 350 for 10 minutes (I do 8 minutes)
1 serving = 1fruit,1starch,1dairy,1fat

4 BIG Cookies:
1/2 c. raisins
1/4 c. PB
1/2 c. + 2T + 2t nonfat dry milk
1T. + 1t. baking powder
1T + 1t. Brown Sugar (splenda)
3/4 c. dry oatmeal
1/2 c. water
6 pkgs. sugar substitute

Repo girl
01-20-2008, 01:43 PM
Ooooh, we have this recipe in our threads somewhere. It is sooooo yummy. Thanks for reminding me. This is killer with a big cup of coffee.

Repo girl
01-20-2008, 01:44 PM
Oh, welcome, BTW!

GrandmaCindy
01-20-2008, 09:54 PM
Just wanted to make sure. Are the capital T's Tablespoons and lower case teaspoons? In case you can't guess, I don't cook a lot by recipes! Thanks, Cindy

alwayssmilin
01-20-2008, 10:09 PM
Hi! What is RF Syrup? Also, I only get 2 proteins so I usually have them at lunch and dinner. I have been reading on here that you should start with protein. I usually have a lite in the morning, does that count? Also if you use up your protein in the morning what do you have for the meal that you don't have protein?

Thanks and keep smiling!

Amy

JerseyMadchen
01-21-2008, 10:15 AM
Yey! I can't wait to try the new cookies!

Thanks so much!

aubieswife
01-21-2008, 01:26 PM
T= Tablespoon
t = teaspoon

Enjoy! :)

Mama Nicole
01-21-2008, 01:52 PM
So this may be a little late.......but on the discussion of eggs..........and the concern about fat and cholesterol...........if you take just a moment and forget what you have read and heard on the news.......and think about the whole food concept........it really only makes sense that an egg is something your body can use very efficiently. Yes, it has fat........but our bodies were designed to metabolize whole foods. The chemical make up of whole foods is what our bodies desire for optimal nutrition. Our bodies know how to use them. So, even though the label on egg beaters may appear to be, "healthier,"..........that may or may not be true. What we do know is.....foods found in their natural state provide complete forms of protein and other nutrients......and when they are, "messed with," by man........they often lose a vast amount of nutritional value. So, I say.........common sense can be your best friend when it comes to nutrition. My first question about a food is no longer how many calories or fat does it have.........but rather, "Can it be found in nature in this state?" and, "How nutrient dense is this food?" Because although some foods may be higher in fat.....they are often balanced with high fiber or high protein. And about fat.......well, maybe we can save that discussion for another day.......but we do NEED it. Sometimes I feel LAWL is a bit too low in fat. But again........a discussion for another day. Anyway......... the idea I alway try to remember is...........EVERYTHING IN MODERATION!!!!

Mama Nicole
01-21-2008, 01:53 PM
p.s. i don't like eggs all that well......:lol:

JerseyMadchen
01-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Ok, no offense to anyone, but those cookies were awful. They taste like cardboard with a hint of baking powder. I used real milk instead of powdered milk and water...

Lynx
01-22-2008, 07:41 AM
Hi! What is RF Syrup? Also, I only get 2 proteins so I usually have them at lunch and dinner. I have been reading on here that you should start with protein. I usually have a lite in the morning, does that count? Also if you use up your protein in the morning what do you have for the meal that you don't have protein?

Thanks and keep smiling!

Amy

Hi Amy,

RF syrup - I think she meant sugar free (SF) syrup. That is what I use.

When I was on a plan with 2 proteins, I used a fruit and yogurt parfait for one of my meals. Usually it was for breakfast, but I switched it up and sometimes had it for lunch or even dinner. It is so filling.

8 oz low fat yogurt (my favorite is Dannon lite and lively vanilla -80 calories, 7 grams of protein, no fat)
serving of fruit per plan (strawberries, pinneaple, blueberries, cherries, raspberries, etc)
3/4 cup of fiber one cereal

This time of year I use frozen fruit.
Hope this helps,

Lynn

Debbie24
01-22-2008, 10:33 AM
Nicole - thank you for the little lesson on eggs. I think i'm sort of taking things too much to the extreme with checking the fat on everything and maybe it is going against losing because i know if i dont have enough of what i should i wont lose anyway even tho i'm eating so much & being OP. Ok hope that made sense. Also thanks for the laugh "p.s. i don't like eggs all that well". :D

Lynn - I was looking for the RF syrup also and found that they were all 0% Fat so i bought the sugar free one but it says Sugar Alc, Dont know what that means but it was the only one i found with no sugar.

Mama Nicole
01-22-2008, 11:59 AM
sugar alc.....:lol:. It is a sweetener.....and it is pretty darn good......it gives you the sweet flavor w/o carbs because it is an alcohol. I laugh, cuz if you consume too much sugar alchohol, also known as maltitol....your tummy will not thank you. It can give you horrible gas and even diarrea.....ewww. I would use it in moderation :)

Debbie24
01-22-2008, 01:40 PM
Nicole you make me laugh. LOL. thanks for always knowing the answers and educating us. Its a good thing i dont usually like syrup huh, cant have diarrea and take care of 3 kids.

bradleys mom
01-22-2008, 04:50 PM
My most favorite breakfast is one that I found on here and I think is also in the LAWL cookbook.

French Toast! (# Plan)

2 slices light wheat
2 eggs
1 packet of Splenda
Cinnamon to taste
Also I have found a Tablespoon of water makes eggs a little more fluffy!

Mix the eggs, splenda and cinnamon in a bowl, then dip the light wheat in the mixture, completely covering each side. It helps to spray the pan with NF cooking spray, then I cook mine on medium heat until both sides are browned.

I count this as 1S 1P

janetp
01-22-2008, 09:21 PM
Hi Rose,
I too love ricotta cheese warmed up with cinnamon. However, my Counselors said that I would not lose weight because the ricotta cheese has too little protein to get your metabolism started in the morning. So occasionally I use it, but I don't buy it often because then I will use it more than occasionally.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 64 lbs.

----------
Hi Lynn-
Warm ricotta is my breakfast of choice also. (I love being able to save my starches for snacks later in the day.) I'm glad I read your post about ricotta being too low in protein. To compensate this morning I added protein powder to the cheese before warming it. It changed the flavor slightly - not too bad, but it did need more cinnamon and a little sweetener.

My choice for fruit to go with it is Japanese pears. They are good warmed up or cold. The local Costco sells them. Only tough part is eating them before my 2-year-old picks them all out of my bowl for herself!
Janet

JerseyMadchen
01-22-2008, 10:18 PM
Janet,

Are they the pears that are almost like a bunch of small bursts together? It's hard to put into words, but i had these once, a girl I worked with (she's Korean) brought them in and I LOVED LOVED LOVED them. i can't find them anywhere!

janetp
01-23-2008, 03:53 AM
Janet,

Are they the pears that are almost like a bunch of small bursts together? It's hard to put into words, but i had these once, a girl I worked with (she's Korean) brought them in and I LOVED LOVED LOVED them. i can't find them anywhere!

---------

Hi Amy-
The Japanese pears I eat look a lot like a round yellow apple. They must have fragile skins because they come wrapped in a soft mesh sleeve. And they keep forever in the fridge - like a month or more. Costco is the only place I've seen them, but then I live in western Montana - not exactly a fresh fruit mecca!

cecil
01-23-2008, 12:27 PM
Oh how sad! I am a terrible cook! I tried to make the oatmeal pancake last night and it was a disaster. Ugh! I must not have let it cook long enough it fell apart when I tried to flip it. I still ate it with some SF syrup.... it still was good but I messed it up of course thats why I stick to no cooking... ha ha!

bradleys mom
01-23-2008, 02:43 PM
Ok, Lynn I tried your Oatmeal Pancakes this morning! And OMG I felt like I was cheating! They were awesome!!! I used strawberry yogurt, and doubled the recipe so I could get 2S and 1P. It was really good! I took the rest of my yogurt and smeared over the top to count as my Dairy. Thanks for posting the recipe!

Debbie24
01-23-2008, 04:12 PM
Cecilia dont feel bad, mine fall apart also when flipping and i'm not a expert cook but i cook everyday.

cecil
01-23-2008, 06:10 PM
Debbie, thanks! That makes me feel better! At least I am not the only one. I will have to give it another try since I have all the ingredients now.... Ha!

alwayssmilin
01-23-2008, 07:09 PM
Hi Amy,

RF syrup - I think she meant sugar free (SF) syrup. That is what I use.

When I was on a plan with 2 proteins, I used a fruit and yogurt parfait for one of my meals. Usually it was for breakfast, but I switched it up and sometimes had it for lunch or even dinner. It is so filling.

8 oz low fat yogurt (my favorite is Dannon lite and lively vanilla -80 calories, 7 grams of protein, no fat)
serving of fruit per plan (strawberries, pinneaple, blueberries, cherries, raspberries, etc)
3/4 cup of fiber one cereal

This time of year I use frozen fruit.
Hope this helps,

Lynn
That does help. Thanks Lynn! And congrats on hitting goal!!

Lynx
01-24-2008, 09:01 AM
Oh how sad! I am a terrible cook! I tried to make the oatmeal pancake last night and it was a disaster. Ugh! I must not have let it cook long enough it fell apart when I tried to flip it. I still ate it with some SF syrup.... it still was good but I messed it up of course thats why I stick to no cooking... ha ha!

Hey everyone of you oatmeal pancake flippers,
Yes, you have to wait until it is settled before flipping it. I use a heat setting between 4 and 5 on my electric stove. So a little less than medium heat because I don't like mine to turn out too dark. It takes maybe 3-4 minutes before you lift it to flip it. Try turning up a corner first to see if it stays together.
Hope this helps.

Lynn

dawn78
01-24-2008, 01:36 PM
Amy - how do you count the muffins w/ the cake mix recipe?

How do you all make your homemade sausage? I saw a few people mention sausage, but I’m sorry, I don’t remember who. Do you use the recipe from the recipe thread or is there a recipe in the cookbook? Thanks!

cecil
01-24-2008, 01:44 PM
Thanks Lynn! Appreciate the suggestion! I will try this again! Maybe tonight! Ha!

JerseyMadchen
01-24-2008, 06:15 PM
Dawn,

The girl who gave me the recipe told me her COD told her to count it as 1S and 1V. When I make them in the 12 muffin pan, I will eat 2 since they are pretty small.

They are really good and really fast!

The next time I make them I may experiment with more seasonings, ground cloves, etc.

Lynx
01-24-2008, 06:26 PM
----------
Hi Lynn-
Warm ricotta is my breakfast of choice also. (I love being able to save my starches for snacks later in the day.) I'm glad I read your post about ricotta being too low in protein. To compensate this morning I added protein powder to the cheese before warming it. It changed the flavor slightly - not too bad, but it did need more cinnamon and a little sweetener.

Janet

Why don't you just add the protein powder to water and drink it along with your breakfast of ricotta cheese and then it will not change the taste of the ricotta cheese. Do you count the protein powder? How many calories is it and how much protein?

Lynn
Stabilization (formerly Plan 2 with lites)

jamiam
01-24-2008, 10:28 PM
My favorite breakfast is scrambled egg (microwave) on 2 slices of Lite WW bread with ICBINB spray. Some days I crumble my homemade turkey sausage in the egg.

JerseyMadchen
01-25-2008, 12:16 AM
Ok, I too am curious about this homemade sausage?!?!?!

momof3boys1girl
01-25-2008, 12:52 PM
my favorite breakfast is one egg, 2 pieces of morningstar veggie sausage and 1 piece of toast I usually count this as 1P and 1S

I get the sausage from costco

Repo girl
01-30-2008, 05:34 PM
I wanted to share that I added some nutmeg and vanilla to Lynn's pancake recipe and it was fabulous. I am going to get some raisins and try them with it as well. Kind of like a big oatmeal raisin cookie thing. Sounds like it would go great with a cup of coffee!

Tuesday Cool
01-30-2008, 11:27 PM
I made an omelet this morning with 1 1/2 eggs, 1oz lf cheese, and 1/4C spaghetti sauce. It was like eating a folded pizza slice. Yum. 1P, 1V, 1/2D. I am really digging on using LF spaghetti sauce for a veggie.

Repo girl
01-31-2008, 12:18 AM
YUM! Tuesday that sounds so good. I know what I am having in the morning!

Repo girl
01-31-2008, 10:56 AM
Dang, I just made a pizza omlette for breakfast. Fanstastic! Thanks for the great idea Tuesday!

cecil
01-31-2008, 12:33 PM
I had the French toast this morning! YUUUUMM! It was awesome! Thanks Kim! The omletter sounds great too! What kind of sauce do you buy? Is it already in a can? What brand?

Repo girl
01-31-2008, 12:56 PM
I just use low sodium tomato sauce and add garlic powder, italian seasonings, and a little mortons.

Something else I love for breakfast is rasberry cobbler. Microwave 3/4 c frozen rasberries with 2 T of water added for 3 minutes. In the meantime split a pita pocket in half and put in the toaster. When the fruit is done, crumble the pita into rasberries and stir in a packet of splenda. Let it sit for a few minutes for the pita to soak up the rasberry juice, top with some FF Cool Whip and enjoy! Soooo yummy.

GrandmaCindy
02-03-2008, 11:31 AM
The banana fritter from Jillian's (JLem311) post on the 15th was yum, yum this morning. For those of us that don't have the latest and greatest non stick pans, I'd use a little spray on the pan. Made me feel like I was cheating! Thanks, Jillian. Cindy

almsthere
02-03-2008, 08:44 PM
, cant have diarrea and take care of 3 kids.

Well, Debbie, than you DEFINATELY don't want to eat more than 3 SF chocolates. I do this every once in a while when I am really tempted to go off plan during my chocolate crazies...and spend the whole next day as a "tooter". ;) I have three little boys, too, and believe me those days ain't pretty!:D

Debbie24
02-03-2008, 11:25 PM
Terri thats funny LOL. you really are almost there huh, hope you get there soon. I cant wait to be where you are. Anyway i never even though of eating SF chocolates, are they good? I better not get started tho LOL, dont want to have the day after problems ;).

How old are your boys?

Debbie24
02-06-2008, 01:42 PM
bumping for newbies

Ana08
09-26-2008, 10:02 PM
bump

another great thread!