Old 01-15-2008, 09:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up I did it!!!

This morning I ordered my FIRST 4 weeks of Medifast. I'm so tired of being fat, I'm ready to make this happen. My long term goal is to get my 24. I'm currently at 41. Short term goal is of a BMI of 30.

In the past I've only done one "diet" and that was South Beach. WHile I enjoyed SB, I had such a hard time keeping up with it being that I'm a working mom of 2. Between baseball, ballet and school, I just didn't have time for all my fresh meals. I do realize that in order to make this work, I'll have to make time for my meals. I was thinking that I could prepare them BEFORE the day of activities, put them in a cooler and be set.

ANywho....it's just about time for me to leave for work.

Samara
Hope2BLosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 233/231/160

Height: 5'6

Welcome!!
U will definitely have enough time for meals u do not have to cook... Just have water available. Just join our thread whenever you start!

Florence
Floprieto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:00 PM   #3  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

welcome.. I'm on day ten and I have lost ten pounds.. I am amazed... I will tell you thou, it is hard the first few days.. but don't give up.. and drink lotz of water...
purplepansy912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:38 AM   #4  
Incredible Shrinking Sue

S/C/G: 284/146/150

Height: 5'6"

Good luck on the program, Samara! It is much easier to just have to deal with 1 meal a day as the other 5 are pretty automated. I found it a great way to break my attachment to food & learn how to eat proper portions again. It was a shock at first though as the portions seemed so small. Now I'm used to NOT eating large amounts.
suesully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:27 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Terrific! I have my 1st order in, too! I'm waiting for it to be delivered... Can't wait!
Chelle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 252/177/150

Height: 5'-6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope2BLosing View Post
I was thinking that I could prepare them BEFORE the day of activities, put them in a cooler and be set.
Samara
Samara, you can prepare meals in advance, but you can also prepare as you go during the day without too much trouble. I keep a shaker in the car with a shake envelope tucked inside, so I can mix up a meal with nothing more than a bottle of cold water if needed. In my purse, I also have a bar (I never keep these in the car because I don't want them to melt) and a soy crisp snack at the ready. Because I work in an office (where I also keep a variety of meal options in the cupboard), I rarely actually use what's in the car or purse, but knowing they're there if I need them helps.

If you don't already have one of the "super" shakers, I highly recommend that you get one if you plan to fix shakes on the go. You can order one from MF or pick one up locally (Bed Bath & Beyond carries a particularly nice one). The disc insert makes a huge difference and really breaks up the powder. If my schedule required me to be out and about for long periods on a regular basis, I would invest in multiple shakers so I could toss them into a clean-this-at-home bag after each meal.

You can also mix a shake into a diet soda. I don't recommend shaking something carbonated, but back when MF was a strictly, shakes-only plan, I kept a small battery-operated whisk in a baggie in my purse so I could whip up a shake just about anywhere.
oshvay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 06:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Thanks so much for the advice. I did order the shaker from MF. My order is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I really can't wait!!! I'm so thrilled to start this journey.
Hope2BLosing is offline   Reply With Quote