Old 01-15-2008, 06:24 AM   #1  

Default Day 1 of Induction...need a buddy...

Hi everyone, I have done Atkins about 7 years ago and had great results. I am now back on the Atkins train and need a buddy for the day to day. I am 30-something and have a little boy, who loves to feed his food to Mommy. I am also recovering from qutiing smoking at new year and am freaking out about the whole no gum thing.
Success is imminent!!!
Tara
bgbrwnys101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Goal 150 ~ 21lbs down

Height: 5'6"

Hi bgbrwnys101! Good for you for starting again. I am on my third or so attempt at Atkins, but this is the first time I have really tried to stick with it. I just finished my first first week and so far, so good! I also quit smoking recently (about 2 months ago) and I swear that was a lot easier than giving up chocolate, haha.

Best of luck to you!
CrabbyCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:06 PM   #3  

I am in my second week. I do not find it hard at all to follow. I do not feel hungry. This is the best "diet" plan so far. With Weight Watchers, I was hungry all the time. But my weakness has always been with eating too much, and not necessarily with food choices. This option is easier for me, because I can eat until I'm satisfied and not worry about points or calories.

bgbrwnys, I have a 6 year old daughter, who loves chicken nuggets, spaghetti and mac and cheese. It is so hard not to eat what she's eating! It is so hard!
I'm not a smoker, but my stepfather and sis in law are smokers. I've watched them go through the ups and downs of trying to quit and I know it cannot be easy! Good Luck!
My weakness is beer! LOL Sounds horrible, but I just like it. I haven't had alcohol during induction...but I plan to have a low carb beer soon. I don't know, it isn't the same, though.
SMiller96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:16 AM   #4  

LOL!!!
Thanks guys for posting in. Tell me about it my son is currently eating a yummy-looking bagel, while I make my eggs...hhmmmhh!!!
Hey what do you guys know about trident and induction, I neeeed gum!!!
Tara
Old 01-16-2008, 12:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/230/199

Height: 5'5

Hi All,

I had good results with Atkins about 6 or 7 years ago and am trying it again. I am also on 1st day of induction. I lost about 30 lbs in a few months before. Anyways, good luck all.

Andrea
jacksonsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:46 PM   #6  
searching 4 the real me

Hi Everyone!!

I am currently on Atkins as well. Today marks day 3 for me. I was on it to a few years back and was successful. Anyways... I am attempting it again full force. Stay strong and everyone have a great day!!

jENN
ssgtswife33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Height: 5'4

Default You Go Girl

BG: You will find a wealth of support here. I can't tell you what it has done for me to keep me motivated during induction. Atkins works for me because it is so structured but seems overall pretty easy to keep track of. My key is preparation in advance of each day (foodwise). If I wait until I'm ready to eat and open the fridgy...I'm lost. The LC chit chat has been great for me to check in with on a regular basis. I lurked for awhile before coming onboard. Low Carb really works wonders for a lot of people. So many internet resources available too.

You can do it. The beginning is hard because I tend to say to myself, "xyz months until I really see a difference". Shouldn't do that but I do. What helps me is to keep reminding myself that days, weeks and months are going to pass whether I stick to plan or not. Six months down the road will still be six months down the road whether I am a sloth or working towards a goal. I recently read story about a woman who was 40 and wanted to become a DR. Everyone said to her, "But you will be 48 before you truely get underway with anything." Her answer, "In eight years I will be 48 anyway." That really inspired me for some reason (even though I don't have any grand plan to become a Dr.).

I'm sending you some magic mojo wishes

Getting through each day and trying to remain "sticky wid' it" is a challenge but I bet you have tackled much harder things in your life to date.
stayincalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:56 PM   #8  

Thanks Stayin I did it before also. But that was before 4 years of trying to have a baby, 3 m/cs and one baby later and about 70 lbs.
Ok Jenn Bob Harper is about the sexiest thing I have ever seen, how did you do that?!?!?!?!?!?
Tara
Old 01-16-2008, 10:45 PM   #9  
banned

S/C/G: 185/165/150

Height: 5'9 - 40 and fabulous!

I would love to be your buddy...I too am almost exactly where you are at and could use a buddy too! I just started Atkins 1 wk 3 days ago. I am trying something new...I will only weigh myself once per week every sat. Unfortunately, I have not quick smoking yet...one thing at a time! But I applaud you...I wish I could be that strong. It just seems that changing too many things at once freaks me out and nothing gets accomplished. This is my second week and I am starting my workout program tomorrow.

How are you with coming up with creative atkins dishes? I was doing the salad thing and to be honest...i'm starting to crave a cookie...but i'm not giving in. I just know that its too soon to start with the carb substitutes in this area. I am also a former atkins person and lost 30 lbs years ago. stay in touch...let's do this...summer is just around the corner.
bambifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:44 AM   #10  

Hey Bambi
Great I would love you to join this board!!! You are right about summer and I want to be in my pre baby clothes by then!!!
I have found that is I am craving sweets eating some really rich cheese or even some pecans or macadamia nuts helps alot with that. i also like pecans because they seem to help with the Atkins mouth!!!!LOL
If you want to quit smoking try chantix, my dr prescribed it for me and it worked great!!!
Have a great day all!!!
Tara
Old 01-18-2008, 04:26 AM   #11  

Good morning ladies,
Its a good day, I am down 4 lbs!!!! YAY ME!!!!!
Anyway how is everybody???
Tip- I learned last night that chicken of the Sea Tuna has 0 carbs!!!
Tara
Old 01-18-2008, 06:39 AM   #12  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Hi, bgbrwnys! I'm new to Atkins too - this is Day 5 of Induction for me.

GO YOU with going down 4lb!!! That's fantastic!

Can I ask - are all you folks measuring your carbs, and if so, how?
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 06:17 AM   #13  

b.a.b.
I am avtually carrying an index card daily with carbs, water, and activity on it. Sort of like Weight watchers journaling, but its smaller, cheaper and I dont do points! I just make sure I subtract fiber from carbs and go with that. I am usually around 20 carbs, but have gone over a couple of times.
All, it would be a great ideaif we all posted in with a couple of low or no carb food items we enjoy, it might widen the variety for everyone if we shared our fave's.
Here is one of mine: Planters puts out a macadamia, pecan and almond mix that is yummy, It is also 1 C per serving. I take them out of the can and put them in individual serving snack baggies to avoid mindlessly eating the whole can!!!
Have a great day you guys!!!!
Tara
Old 01-19-2008, 12:43 PM   #14  

Hello Ladies,

I am on my first day of induction and would love to give and get support here. I have followed a low carb diet successfully in the past but this last year I got divorced, started a new job, moved to a new city with my 2 kids and put on 20 pounds. Yikes!
so...here I am! Ready to git-r-done
I historically have a very hard time the first several days with my energy level so I will need encouragement to hang in there. I am NOT buying a new wardrobe! I am bound and determined to get into my clothes (and feel better!)
Just wanted to say Hello! ands I am here for you too.

CJ
luv2lift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 02:23 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 303/303/175

Height: 5'6

I did atkins a few years ago. Starting my induction tomorrow. I'm sure ill be here alot. It really helps to keep ya going.
Dropzofjupiter29 is offline   Reply With Quote