South Beach Diet - day#1...

View Full Version : day#1...

beliter
01-14-2008, 08:06 PM
today was day #1 for me.Did o.k.,I think.
Could've had more for lunch so I wouldn't been so starved after work.:?:
B-2 eggs & 1 slice of turkey bacon
L-bowl of green beans & 1/2 small bag of pork skins
Sn-beef stick & cheese,mini bag of popcorn(natural)
S-FF beef hot dog in saurkraut,brussel sprouts & veggie baked beans
( I was starved by supper)
Sn-no sugar added fudgepop.
I know I need to plan more carefully,thought I did,but didn't work.
I need to add more for lunch & maybe a snack inbetween.

Schmoodle
01-14-2008, 08:13 PM
Hi Beliter, :welcome: to the beach! Are you doing your own version of Ph1? Or did you start with Ph2? I just ask because of the pork skins and popcorn, which wouldn't ordinarily be allowed on a strict Ph1. I'm not sure about the pork skins on any phase, I would think they are high fat, but I don't eat them, so not sure. Anyway, I'm not sure you posted the menu for comment or not, so disregard if you want. But good luck with the planning, and definitely don't go hungry! That's no fun. Hope we'll be seeing a lot of you around here.

little chick
01-14-2008, 08:34 PM
You need to have 4.5 cups of veggies today, which could be another reason that you are hungry.... check out the recipie section it will help.

beliter
01-14-2008, 09:10 PM
thanks,
I plan on going strickly on phase 1 by the end of the week & stay on it for the whole 2 weeks.
It's hard to give up everything all at once,so i thought it might help me to give up a little at a time.
I was told pork skins were o.k.,but the popcorn was not(it was a mini bag so maybe not too much damage)
I just listed my menu to be picked at,it won't hurt my feelings at all.More the help the better for me.

Skinny4baby
01-14-2008, 09:25 PM
Day #1 here for me too!:) We can do it!! I was pleasantly surprised that it really wasn't that bad. Maybe because I have been on top of my food for so long. This is what I ate..

B~ 2 eggs, 1 cup of beans, H2O
L~ Grilled chicken breast with lots of lettuce leafs and tomatoes
S~ 1 cup milk, nuts and seeds mixture from TJ
D~ 2 morning star black bean burgers (oh my these were out of this world good) Huge spinach, cucumer and baby tomatoe salad, H2O

I really didn't get to hungry..I think the nuts & Seeds really helped me..they really will satisfy your hungry. I know I need more veggies..but I think I did ok for my first try.:carrot:

CarCar
01-14-2008, 11:47 PM
Welcome Beliter!

I totally understand wanting to slowly start dropping the bad foods so you can get to a strict phase 1. You should definitely do whatever you're comfortable with.

little chick is right -- try to get in more veggies. They will help you feel much fuller...I know I don't always get in my 4.5 cups, but I'm really aware of it now and try hard to do so.

The pork skins aren't allowed on SBD - too much fat/saturated fat. I'd be careful with the beef stick too. Depending on what kind of beef, it's probably too high in fat/saturated fat too. You'll want to check the ingredients.

Just keep working you're way toward your phase 1 goals....you'll notice it gets easier and easier!