Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2002, 04:01 AM   #1  

Talking Buncha losers in 2002 (2-02-02 & on)

This is a buncha losers (the good kind) whose goal is to lose a bunch more weight in 2002 . We are the formally below 200 in 2001 bunch . Although some of us didn't get close to that goal (namely me). Join in !

Kathy
Old 02-03-2002, 04:25 AM   #2  

Hey all .

Welcome back SJR (Sherri) . I too have been a faithful attendee (3 years in May) & gained 25 pounds this summer . Matter of fact I had hit the 100 pound mark almost 2 years ago . Then played back & forth with about 10 pounds for a year . Then last summer hit . I'm very slowly getting back to where I was . I have 16 pounds to get back to 100 . I'd like to do that by May .

I think people should be rewarded for thier accomplishments , regardless of how long it takes . I think for a group to go silent because someone takes 3 1/2 years to lose X # of pounds is shameful . Anyone who goes to Weight Watchers should know what a struggle weight loss is . Of course i'm embarrassed that I haven't gotten a star in a year . But if I get 1 star a year people better damn well give me some applause & no silence . I wish i'd been at that meeting !

Lauren , I eat for many , many reasons . It is hard with the kids here . I have to buy food I normally wouldn't buy . They wouldn't eat alot of what I eat . Unfortunately I will eat what they eat . The other night , I wasn't even hungry . I had made chicken nuggets for the kids . There were some left over & I popped one in my mouth . I couldn't believe it . I wasn't even hungry ! Even though I had kind of chewed it , i spit it out . If i would do that every time i'd be in good shape . I lost .6 this week & was glad for it (didn't expect it) .

Ta Ta Kathy
Old 02-03-2002, 08:55 AM   #3  
Senior Tortoise

Thanks for starting the new thread, Kathy.

Sheri, welcome back! It's great to see you again.

Swan, thanks for the kind words.

Kathy, I agree with you -- this journey takes as long as it takes. Period. I think it's great that you've lost some of what you gained last summer. I'm sure it must be hard to lose weight with junk food around. Maybe you could wean the kids onto healthier foods. Hey, eventually they'll get hungry enough to eat it, right? How old are they again?

I've been within points all week until yesterday. Went out for Chinese! But I had lots of banked points, so hopefully I didn't do too much damage. I've been losing slowly lately; it's probably time to get more serious about portion control. For me, that means weighing and measuring again for a little while. I'm always suprised at how easily I fall back into "Oh, this massive plate of spaghetti can't be more than 2 points ..."

I'm starting a 3-month project on Wednesday, so I'll have an income again for a while. That's good. But I probably will have less time here. I'll keep checking in as often as I can, because these boards are a big part of what keeps me going.

Have a good Sunday, everyone.

Onward and downward,

Lauren
274/195.5/189 by April 17
Old 02-04-2002, 04:05 PM   #4  

Talking

Hello all!
Hope I can join this thread. I have a bunch to lose and would love to have some support from those facing the same battle. I have been doing WW since the first of the year. I have lost 5 lbs. I wish it were more but I have cheated some.
I have ordered the at home kit and hope that will get me on track.
I would love to lose 15 more pounds by the first weekend in April (my cousing is getting married and I would like to suprise my family). My mom is one of my biggest cheerleaders as she knows I have struggled with this for so long.

So I haven't figured out how ya'll list your goals (you know the numbers/numbers/numbers). So here are mine....started 247, now 242, by April 227, by July 27 193, and by September 175. And by Christmas 145 my final goal. So good to know I am under 100 lbs. to go now.

I try to tell myself while it may taste good now, eating does not solve boredem or saddeness, it only makes it harder to zip up those pants and climb those stairs.

Later,
mysterygirl
Old 02-05-2002, 03:56 PM   #5  
Senior Tortoise

Hi, Mysterygirl, and welcome! I'm a total turtle loser, so five pounds in five weeks sounds great to me. (I've been at this now for 3.5 years. Probably not what you wanted to hear!)

Your stats would look like this:

247/242/227 by April (or whatever goal you want to put there)

Just a word of unsolicited advice: You might find you do better if you don't set really high goals for yourself. Each person is made differently, so that may end up motivating you just fine, but sometimes it's good to set a goal that's more realistically achievable so you won't feel like a failure if you don't hit it. You'd have to consistently lose almost 2 pounds per week to hit your long-term goals; most people don't lose that quickly on WW.

As always, take the advice for whatever it's worth to you.

Well, I squeezed off another half pound this week. Am I a turtle, or what?? Actually, I was over points the past three days, and I didn't exercise either, so I'll bet that played a part. Anyway, I'm still going in the right direction, so I'll take it. Just one more pound before I hit that 80# mark!!!

I just got back from the dentist. Not too bad. I have one more appointment in a month; that one will be a bit hairier. But it's a whole month away.

Tomorrow I start my new short-term job, so I may be a bit more absent here. I'll keep checking in periodically, though.

Have a great day.

Onward and downward,

Lauren
274/195/189 by April 17
Old 02-05-2002, 04:21 PM   #6  

Thumbs down

Thanks for the information and encouragement Lauren.
Normally I would lose faster but I haven't been sticking the to the plan 100%. I am still waiting for my at home kit to get here.

I have been doing good with the working out thing. But I love to workout, I just tend to talk myself out of doing it after work. Kinda like I am trying to do today b/c it is cold outside (at least compared to the 70's we had last week--it is now in the 30's). I want to go home and build a fire and snuggle in with my writing for the evening.

Lauren, I think it is so wonderful that you have lost almost 80 lbs. You are definitely an inspiration. I just hope I can stay motivated this time around.

So odd how I don't feel as big a picture of me looks. I saw some pictures from Christmas and it made me sick. I can't believe I have let myself get like this. But I am taking a stand and changing my eating lifestyle.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day and staying strong.

Has anyone tried counting their points at dinner and continuing to lunch the next day. Do you get better success with that.
Old 02-05-2002, 07:32 PM   #7  

Hi! My name is Tammy. I have been fighting my weight since I was 15 and have decided to stop the lose quick schemes and change my lifestyle. I started weight watchers in January and have lost 12 pounds. I am currently at 231 and trying to see 199 by at least the end of this year. I too loose slowly unless I excercise daily for at least one hour. This however does not happen unless the weather is good and this morning I awoke to 3 feet of snow blown into my front door. However shoveling is excercise!
Kathleen it is nice to hear that others eat for so many reasons. I have a daycare in my home and spend half of my day making meals for the kids and it is so hard to not nibble on all of their snacks. I now chew gum and drink my water unless it is a meal time. I have found that planning out my meals for the day and seeing what I have left to snack is the only way it works.
Mysterygirl: my brother is doing weight watchers too and is counting his points from 3pm to 3pm (he works mostly nights) and is finding this works very well. He starts his day with a large meal using half of his points.
Hope to get to know you all!
Old 02-06-2002, 09:54 AM   #8  

Hi Tammy!
I so understand the losing slowly thing. I certianly did not help my fight this week. Instead of just falling off the wagon, I took a running start and jumped off the wagon. I had been doing so good. But I got my WW at home kit last night. So as soon as I get back from my business trip I will sit down and go through the kit. I would do it this evening but unfortunately I have to go to bed almost as soon as I get in from work seeing as I have to get up at 2AM to get ready to leave. Tomorrow is going to be a long day. I should get back about 6 or 6:30 but I have class from 6-8, and I need to get to the gym sometime since I won't get to go this afternoon. Ugh! Can't wait for the weekend.

Hope all is well for everyone else. Hopefully it will warm up soon, so I won't be feeling the need for hot chocolate to get warm.
Old 02-06-2002, 01:55 PM   #9  
I just wanna be me :-)

S/C/G: 265/224.6/141

Angry Here i am!!!!!!!!!!

I lost you guys again somehow But on the upside i am still faithfully going to ww, and am now down a total of 7.2 lbs, i had 1 week that i gained
The other cool thing i did last friday was join a gym, it is right around the corner from my house, and i have gone every day except yesterday since, already went today
Well tonight is WI, so i will post when i get home. And can i ask you guys one favor, if you don't see me around for a few days assume that i am lost and email me. My life is very crazy, i take care of my grandmother that lives a halfhour away every day, my hubbies grandparents live with us, and my 8 year old daughter has arthritis, asthma and reflux, so lets just say its easy for me to forget to come, so if for whatever reason i don't get an email saying someone has posted to the list since my last visit, i seem to have a hard time.
Old 02-06-2002, 02:15 PM   #10  
Senior Tortoise

Hi, everyone. I don't start my new gig until tomorrow, so I have one more day off. Hooray!

I worked out this morning with a new aerobics tape, and WOW! What a workout!! I guess I didn't realize how easy my other tapes had become. This one was by Charlene Pritchett. If you're looking for an advanced aerobics tape that's still low impact, try this one. You'll sweat! Woo! (BTW, if I depended on nice weather to get in my workouts, I'd be a total couch potato again. Michigan has horrible weather! )

Mystery, pictures are real eye-openers, aren't they? But don't beat up on yourself. That never, ever helps. Look at the woman in the picture and the woman in the mirror and say "You can do this, sweetie. You're worth it." That works SO much better than all that self loathing we're so likely to heap on ourselves because of the way fat people are seen in this society. You ARE worth it.

Tammy, welcome! It's so hard having snacks around all the time, isn't it? Sounds like you've got a good plan for dealing with the constant temptation. I find brushing my teeth helps, too. And staying on top of getting in my protein and fiber so I don't get too hungry.

Marion! Great to see you as always. Good for you, joining that gym! Sounds like your life is incredibly busy right now. I'm so sorry that your 8-year-old has those health problems. She's lucky to have such a loving mom. Do you have the "Email Notification" box checked for this group? Hopefully that'll take care of the problem for you.

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 02-06-2002, 03:28 PM   #11  

HI Lauren,
Yes i do have it checked and it usually works, i don't know what happenend but hopefully it wont happen again.
She is a great kid despite all she goes thru, sometimes i think in spite of what she goes thru, lol.
I will post back later!!!!!! {{{{{{{hugs for all}}}}}
Old 02-06-2002, 09:44 PM   #12  
Find a Way

Hey guys, it's been a while since I've been here. I used to be WW_Queen or Persistant Chick, whatever you might remember. Not sure why I left this board, but it feels good to be back. It was always a friendly place, this crowd at least .

For those who don't remember me, I'm 40 and live in Colorado. Married to my high school sweetheart, no kids or pets. We travel quite a bit so we like it that way for now. Maybe some day we'll be responsible enough for a dog .

I've been going back to the WW meetings since November 5th and having a good time. Loving the points program as usual, and getting into the exercise. Can't wait to get to know some of you again, and the newer folks as well.
Old 02-07-2002, 12:06 AM   #13  

Default woooo-hoooo!!!!!!!!!!!

I did it, i lost 3 lbs this week for a total of 10.2 down!!!! Off to bed hope to post again tomorrow :-)
Old 02-07-2002, 08:59 PM   #14  
Senior Tortoise

Hey, Marion -- way to go losing three whopping pounds! How's that for a great boost?? Woo! That's what I lose in a month!

Cynthia, it's great to see you again! I was just thinking about you today. You were always my exercise guru.

I don't have much time; I have a neglected kitty who's staring mournfully at me. They have a hard time adjusting when I go back to work full time. I've been EXTREMELY hungry lately -- don't know if it's because I boosted my exercise, or what. Probably! Anyway, I'm fighting to stay within points anyway.

Have a great Friday, everyone!

Onward and downward,

Lauren
274/195/189 by April 17 79 pounds lost!
Old 02-07-2002, 09:02 PM   #15  

Hi everybody ,

Lauren , My grandchildren (that live with me) are 4 & 6 . They will eat healthy snacks , but kids do want mac & cheese . Tonight i fixed Christopher hot dogs & sugarsnap beans (one of my fav vegies) . I had to hand feed him the vegies . His sister loves everything . Shes at her moms for a few days . I hope you enjoy your new job .

Welcome Tammy , a daycare ! I'm tired just thinking about it .

Welcome back , chillin . Good to have you here .

Welcome mystery girl . It seems like there a bunch of slow pokes here , doesn't it ?

Marian , your life does seem busy & challanging . It's terrible when little ones are in pain . You want to fix things for them . Arthritis is awful for an adult , I can't imagine a little one with it . Great loss !

Dora , where are you ? I miss you . Ta Ta for now . Kathy
Closed Thread