LA Weight Loss - Take off

View Full Version : Take off

cecil
01-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Hi Ladies and Gents!

I am planning on doing Take off this week on Thursday and Friday the 17th and 18th. If anyone else would like to join me let me know. I am dreading it so I will need the support! Thanks! Hope to see some joiners soon!:carrot:

okie in il
01-14-2008, 03:25 PM
Cecilia, What juice do you use for TO? I've seen people mention the Knudsens, but I don't know where to find it. I've used the Hollywood Juice Diet, but it's still $15. I would be willing to do TO again cuz I was thinking about doing that 6 week makeover.

angemama
01-14-2008, 03:27 PM
I found Knudsen's at Whole Foods, Bi-Lo (local grocery store). Look in the organic foods isle or section of your local grocery store. :) :) :)

okie in il
01-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Thanks angemama. Do you then follow the regular TO menu?

cecil
01-14-2008, 03:31 PM
I aslo heard that you can use like 4 oranges a day for take off too?

michie
01-14-2008, 03:55 PM
I've used 4 oranges a day. It worked pretty well for me. I also did 2 grapefruits a day once, until I got horribly sick. I think it worked too though! I would TO with you guys, but my DBF Bday is Thursday! I want to be able to eat with him on his day! Maybe this weekend though??? Hmmmmmm...

Mama Nicole
01-14-2008, 04:49 PM
I always use oranges.......and I may just join you :) Are you sure you don't want to do it Sat and Sun? I am debating between the two dates.

cecil
01-14-2008, 05:00 PM
Well I don't want to do it on the weekend my DS will be visiting and I want to be able to eat with him. He comes friday night... otherwise I would. What do you guys think about me doing take off now? I have a friend coming at the end of the month and we will for sure be going out for some cocktails a few times. Orginally I had thought I would wait till she leaves but my COD said she would just do it now..... I don't know what to do?

shshshhh
01-14-2008, 09:47 PM
I am in for this Thursday and Friday. I am planning on using the SB High Protein Cereal Bars instead of the Lunas. Like the high fiber and more protein and lower sugar. Unless someone tells me I should stick to the Lunas, that is my plan.

Roberta

PS I got my Knudsen's Juice at Safeway - they are running a special of $2.49/bottle which is about a 85 cents/bottle savings. I bought 6 bottles for the next couple of months. It amounted to one bottle free.

ChopperChick355
01-14-2008, 10:59 PM
shshshhh, where did you find the knudsens Juice at Safeway? I have looked at several places but not at a Safeway and I will be by one tomorrow. Thanks in advance

Oh yeah I am going to do TO on Tuesday and Wednesday this week. Trying to reach my mini goal before my vacation Jan 27th.

Tuesday Cool
01-14-2008, 11:09 PM
I am in for a TO this week. Thurs and Weds sound just right. I did poorly over the weekend and need to get back in control (I like to pretend I am in control)
My COD recommended using pomegranate or blueberry juice for TO. Dilute it at the same ratio as the TO juice.

shshshhh
01-15-2008, 12:58 AM
I got my Knudsen's in the Health Food section at Safeway. It is a fairly big Safeway, maybe they all don't carry the juice.

What bars do everyone use for the TO if you don't have the Lites? I have tried the Lunas but thanks to Dan and Lynn, tried the SB high protein cereal bars and liked them much better. Like the fact that they are much lower in sugar.

Thanks
Roberta

MomOfThreeTeens
01-15-2008, 10:01 AM
I'm doing TO today and Wednesday. I havent done one in a while so we'll see how it goes! Good luck everybody!

ChopperChick355
01-15-2008, 10:02 AM
Thanks a bunch shshshhh. I will be going that way today but am doing the take off this time using oranges.

cecil
01-15-2008, 05:40 PM
Hi ladies I was just wondering how TO was going for those of you who started today? Hope it's going great!

ChopperChick355
01-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Well first day of TO went very well. I was using oranges instead of the juice so hopefully by Thursday morning there will be some weightloss. I do not feel hungry or tired today. Going to go get on treadmil shortly while watching BL it will give me some motivation to stay on and keep going.

How is everyone else doing today?

MomOfThreeTeens
01-16-2008, 01:16 PM
Well Take Off....did great ALL day at work, even did fine when I got home, had eaten my veggies and protein like a good girl and DH comes in the door with chinese for him and my DD. It smelled sooooo good I just had to have a bite...or two....or three :::sighing::: It wasnt a horrible goof diet wise but sure blew the crap out of a day of TO. Oh well, heres to another day! LOL

okie in il
01-16-2008, 01:18 PM
I was going to do TO with you guys this week, but I'm going to have to bow out. I forgot I was having a home goods type party at my house on Thursday night. So that means food (mostly on plan) & wine so I didn't want the temptations if I couldn't have them. I'll just have to wait until next week so if anyone is interested in joining me then, probably Monday/Tuesday. That will give me this weekend to find the juice, we don't have Safeway here. Good luck. I hope everyone sees big results.

cecil
01-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Glad TO is going well for everyone!
Kim omg! I would have died.... at least it was only a few bites.... ha!
I start TO tomorrow! Anyone else in?

ChopperChick355
01-16-2008, 08:51 PM
Well second day of TO is going very well for me. But I do have to tell you a Funny well it is funny now...
This morning I got on the scale (I tend to get on every morning even though I know I shouldn't) and it showed me 167.8 I thought OMG 5 pounds I lost since Tuesday morning YEAH got off scale walked about 2 steps and thought WOW walked back over and got on scale again...... Well this time it said 170.3 so I got off thinking what??? Got back on again and it still said 170.3 so got off and got back on still said 170.3 so I guess the 167.8 was a fluke not sure just thought I would share this as the second and third time were disappointing but then I thought well it is still a 2 pound loss in one day....I will see how tomorrow morning goes and maybe I will start weighing twice just in case it wants to move like this again...Anyone else have this happen to them?
I will change my ticker tomorrow mornig for my official BL weigh in

Tuesday Cool
01-16-2008, 11:57 PM
Reda, amazing how the scale could show the wrong weight all those times and only show your true weight the once!

ChopperChick355
01-17-2008, 10:03 AM
Yeah well I got on scale this morning because I finally finished the second day of TO last night. And the scaled showed 169.4 so the 170.3 was probably right yesterday morning.... Anyways had a 2.8 pound lost during TO phase*****YEAH*****
How did everyone else do during their TO days and I know some are just starting today so Goodluck!!!

cecil
01-17-2008, 12:57 PM
I am starting today and so far all I can think about is how much I love starches! Ha! Jk!
I had 2 oz of chicken and cucumbers for breakfast with some TO juice.
Now I am having some coffee. COD said not to use Fat free creamer. But I can't not have coffee and I had to have a little creamer. Is that like majorly cheating? I feel bad! But I had to have my coffee I didn't use much at all. Anyway hopefully all goes well! Awesome job Reda that is a great loss for 2 days! I hope I see the same results. Good luck to everyone else!

shshshhh
01-17-2008, 03:45 PM
I was going to do TO with you guys this week, but I'm going to have to bow out. I forgot I was having a home goods type party at my house on Thursday night. So that means food (mostly on plan) & wine so I didn't want the temptations if I couldn't have them. I'll just have to wait until next week so if anyone is interested in joining me then, probably Monday/Tuesday. That will give me this weekend to find the juice, we don't have Safeway here. Good luck. I hope everyone sees big results.

Good luck and I am sure someone else will be joining you next week. In the meantime, I have also found the juice at New Seasons, Whole Foods and Fred Meyers (Krogers on the East Coast). Every time I have seen it, it was in the health food aisles of those grocery stores. Hope that helps. If you don't find the juice, you can always do the 4 oranges a day. Others have (I know Mama Nicole does) and they have had good luck.

I started my TO this morning and so far so good. The way I do best is to stay busy all day so I don't think about food. I ate 2 ounces of chicken with a whole package of steamed broccoli for breakfast. Wierd, I know, but it filled me up. :) :)

Roberta

skinnyvanilly2b
01-17-2008, 03:51 PM
I feel really weird about asking this... but waht the heck is take off ( TO ) am i last to know about a diet that everyone already knows about, well whatever it is ... if it works.... i wanta give it a try!!!

cecil
01-17-2008, 04:06 PM
Take off is a plan that you follow on LA Weightloss.
It basically consists of eating Unlimited protien and green veggies and drinking Take off Juice which some people substitute with Oranges. 4 per day.

PS guess what happened the same day I decide to do take off which is hard enough to do minus any other obstacles I had to have TOM. Of course why not? Put another weight on my back! Ha! What the heck! Not fair!

ChopperChick355
01-17-2008, 07:16 PM
Well the oranges worked just as good as the TO juice because last time I did TO with the juice I lost 2.8 and this time using oranges I lost 2.8 so I will be using oranges as they are alot cheaper as well.
Cecil ya TOM visited me while I was doing TO as well but it went really well surprisingly enough....Well good luck for the remainder of the day and tomorrow

cecil
01-17-2008, 07:31 PM
Reda I am glad you had good results!
Almost done with day one..... Yes!
Then just one horrid day left. ha! I will let you know how it goes. And maybe next time I will use oranges as well!

ChopperChick355
01-17-2008, 10:45 PM
Cecil, I would suggest trying them, I was a little skeptical but since I lost the same amount with them I will try using them next time. Well hopefully I didn't blow it tonight went to AppleBee's and ate tonight but I did have the WW chicken salad and only ate half of it, but I did also eat 2 onion rings and one of a mozzarella stick, but I did drink 4 glasses of water as well.

shshshhh
01-18-2008, 02:38 PM
Well, I can't do the TO because the soy allergy is definitely confirmed. I am bummed. Ate the 2 bars yesterday and broke out in huge welts on my neck and not knowing what it was, called the doc's office. He confirmed it and said we are back to no soy. I thought my only reaction was going to be feeling a little tired because of the interaction between the soy and my thyroid meds, but no such luck.

MY DBF will be drinking those soy shakes Lynn told me about, they just came last night. Tripple bummer.

I can still do a FF, which I will do once a month.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Roberta

cecil
01-18-2008, 02:58 PM
Oh Roberta that stinks! I am sorry!
I am day 2 of TO. I cannot wait for it to be over with! I am getting sick of Chicken and cucumbers..... ha ha! only about 8 or 9 more hours to go! Whooo! hooo! Can't wait to WI tomorrow! I hope I have some results!

ChopperChick355
01-18-2008, 08:46 PM
Well Cecil your day must be coming to an end shortly. How did the last half of day 2 go for you?

cecil
01-18-2008, 08:51 PM
Pretty good! But seriously I can't wait for this day to be over. Starches here I come! Ha ha! I want to go straight to bed so I can wake up and eat something other then chicken and cucumbers! hahahaha! I am going crazy! he he! My COD suggested that I follow the white book La Express for the next 2 weeks after TO to get the maximum benefits of it. So I don't get to go over board. ha ha! Thanks for asking Reda!

mazda
01-19-2008, 10:58 AM
I worked for LAWL/Pure weight loss and I am doing the take off today and tomorrow. 4 oranges is great to use unstead of the juice and much cheaper. Also, for everyone who isn't sure what to use instead of the lite bars, the dieticians at LAWL recommended Special K Protein bars. They have to be the protein bars though, not just the regular special K bars.
Hopefully these two days of take off will go fast!!! I need it!

ChopperChick355
01-19-2008, 01:11 PM
Cecilia what is the white book la express, I have not heard of that before and of course I was member of Pure who is no longer....Thanks oh yeah how was your weight loss through TO?

mazda
01-20-2008, 07:56 PM
Its the end of day 2 of take off and I blew it!!! It was a mixture of boredom and PMS....but the chips and crackers were calling me. Still down 2 lbs since I started though. i will start again tomorrow and do it Monday and Tuesday...UGH! Its so hard sometimes. i get so sick of eating meat!!
Any words of motivation?? Do other people blow it right at the end of day 2?

alwayssmilin
01-20-2008, 08:34 PM
How did you blow it? I can make it through the 2 days alright. On the two day take off don't you only get 6 oz of protein?

Keep Smiling!

Amy

ChopperChick355
01-20-2008, 09:06 PM
Mazda, well a 2 pound loss is great even though you splurged on the 2nd day. I stay OP for both days and only loose 2.5-3 pounds. Weekends are the hardest for me because of the being home all day and boredom......I want to so bad be at my mini goal of 166 before we leave on vacation on the 27th but what did I do I had 2 Michelob Ultra beers and a skinny cow ice cream sandwich tonight......It is that whole being at home thing, I went shopping all afternoon but tonight is killing me. Do you plan on doing TO again so soon after you just did it?
Alwayssmilin yes during TO you are suppose to only have 6 oz protein with unlimited green veggies

alwayssmilin
01-20-2008, 10:21 PM
Thanks Reda! :)

HealthyandVibrant
01-22-2008, 01:18 AM
:val1:

It sounds like a lot of you are past LAWL members. Won't they let you buy their products after you are done with thier program? I have about 1/2 year left on weight loss, and then on to maintainance for 1 year. My husband signed up for the $99.00 special and is almost done with his 18 weeks. He's been using my bars that I purchased in bulk. They keep wanting us to purchase more bars, but we haven't felt the need to buy more. I really like the bars, and they have helped me a lot. I would hate to go without them. I have tried lots of other bars from the store, and haven't found any that I like the taste of. The weight watchers bars are close, but I still like the Lites better.

I know this is after the fact, but my husband and I are both ready to start on take off this weekend. I was really interested in the 4 oranges. I hate the taste of the take off juice. I think we will give the oranges a try.

:dancer:

Tuesday Cool
01-22-2008, 10:24 AM
I am going to do Take Off starting tomorrow. I need to clear the sodium out of my body from last night. Today I stock up on veggies.

cecil
01-22-2008, 01:35 PM
I finshed TO with a loss of 3.6 but then I gained a lb back today when I had WI. Oh well what can you do?

ChopperChick355
01-22-2008, 10:11 PM
Well a loss is a loss even if it is 2 pounds.....
Healthyand Vibrant try the oranges they have worked just as good as the juice for me. Let us know how it works for you