Old 01-14-2008, 09:53 AM   #1  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

Default Weekly Chat - Mon 1/14 thru Sun 1/20

I hope that everyone had a great weekend.

Mine was ok. Broke down and had chinese buffet with some girlfriends this weekend and boy is the scale showing it this week. I am up 4lbs and am sure I didn't eat that much food. So, I am guessing that on top of TOM coming soon that it is mostly water...keeping fingers crossed. I have changed my ticker to be "honest" with myself and am going to be drinking lots of water to flush all that sodium out.

I had better get back to work, but I hope everyone has a great week - ttfn!
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:11 AM   #2  
BLACK TEAM

S/C/G: 225/219.5/140

Height: 5'5

lovinlifex2-- Chinese food is really high in sodium, which can make you retain water like crazy. I'm sure that most of the weight will disappear over the next couple of days.

Well, I had a weigh-in this morning. I only lost 0.5 lbs. I am really disappointed. I keep reminding myself that I didn't exactly stay on track all week and my calories were a little over what they should have been. I also haven't been eating as many fruits & veggies as I did last week. So, I am bringing my calories down to 1700 a day, with no binges this week. I am going to walk 6 out of 7 days a week, and make sure I keep my fruits & veggies up.
misschris531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:27 AM   #3  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

Hello everyone.

I'm going to my dreaded weigh in today. I didnt go yesterday because it is at the gym but I'm also scared. If I was excited, I would have made the trip to the gym just to find out. My eating has not been great which I'm frustrated about. I've decided to start planning my food. I've never done this before, i've only written down what I eat after I eat it. I think this makes me feel guilty if I go over. Maybe if I plan what I am going to eat, it takes the thinking out of it later. I just dont get to eat extra. I'll let you know how this goes. It would be new for me.

I'm with you Christine with this no bingeing! I have definitely been eating extra calories since my last weigh in so I'm not sure how I think this will translate into loss..

Have a great day
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:29 AM   #4  
Losing Weight in 2008

S/C/G: 160/See Ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

lovinlifex2- Sodium is your only problem, keep drinking that water and I'm sure you'll be fine in a few days.

Christine- Sounds like you've got a plan, girl! Remember-at least it wasn't a gain! I know it's hard to hear, but I have to keep telling myself that when I worked my hiney off and the scale showed no loss! UGH! Good luck girl!

As for me, I did okay this weekend, but I'm stepping it up this week. I'm working out with Tiff, who kicks my butt, today and tomorrow afternoon, and then I have a weight training class at my church tomorrow night. By Wednesday I should be slammed! I'm going to get strict with my point counting again this week, I've been a little too lax lately. Good luck this week ladies!
Sharron616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:36 AM   #5  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Lovinlife:
Yeah, I'm with Chris, I'm pretty sure that Chinese food is like... insanely high in sodium content. Chances are if you binged a little bit on it you got more sodium than anything else, which equals high water retention. Yaaaaay.
But try not to stress too much about the number on the scale right now, give it some time for TOM and the water weight to go away.

Chris:
Well, 0.5 isn't an amazingly drastic drop by any means, but the fact of the matter remains that however slowly, at least you still lost! And during a week when you weren't perfect! (yay!)
Check in with me/us on the days when you go for your walks, slash whether you're getting lots of fruits and veggies in there!

Bikini:
Good luck at the scales, I hope you get good news! And also good luck with planning your food ahead; it's definitely a good idea, it helps keep you on track.

I slept in this morning, so I haven't even had my breakfast yet and it's 10:30... and I've got class in an hour! I gave custody of my scale to one of my students because of how obsessive I was getting with weighing myself, so this morning is the first morning that I've woken up and not immediately weighed myself. I'm not getting it back until Thursday, and I'm a bit apprehensive, but also incredibly pumped since I've been losing weight steadily.
I felt INCREDIBLY guilty yesterday, I ate way too many almonds, which, as it would seem, have about a bajillion calories in each tiny almond. I gave away the container to one of my students. I'm just praying that it didn't hurt me too badly. I went to the gym again yesterday, so hopefully that helped burn it off. *fingers crossed*

Last edited by Jelbb; 01-14-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:26 AM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Well my official WI at weight watchers on Saturday showed a loss of 3.2lbs, though that was with jeans on At home and nekkid that morning it showed a total of 4lbs! I'm going with the WW figure, though, just to keep things consistent.

My weekend was okay... Eating wise it was a little bit of a wreck on Sunday because I decided to bake a loaf of chocolate-zucchini bread and ended up eating... oh, I don't know... 5 pieces of it at 3 points/piece. The only redeeming thing was that a) it had veggies in it and b) it made me not hungry for lunch, so I ended up only going over Points by 5 or so. Which isn't bad, considering. I finally packaged up the rest of it and stuck it in the freezer so it's way harder to eat more than 1/day, which is how I intended it!

Otherwise, I finished up some knitting projects I had going... All my different needles were occupied with various projects and I really need to start a baby blanket** so I figured I needed to finish some stuff before I could start anew.

**Found out on Saturday that my sister is pregnant again!! She pops out adorable kiddos so I'm excited Better her than me! Though it's a little disappointing because we had been doing WW together (in two different states)... We'd chat after our meetings and whatnot but now she probably shouldn't be dieting

jelbb: giving up the scale is probably a good thing I think it's better to focus on big numbers rather than measly little fractions that fluctuate from day-to-day. That being said, I still don't manage more than 4 days without weighing even though I ought to keep it to once a week... And almonds aren't totally bad, in fact they're really good for you so long as you portion them out. A serving is about 23 almonds... Just take out a small amount next time you want some instead of keeping the whole can with you

sharron: good luck with the workouts, and be sure to sit down and do some planning so you can be successful at keeping to your points allotment! Planning really does the trick!!

bikinidreader: again, the planning thing really is key I think. It takes the guesswork out of each day -- no more "can I fit this in?" and you have a harder time rationalizing high-cal foods because you KNOW what you're supposed to be eating (you can't think "well, I don't know what I'm having for dinner, probably can't find something better than this piece of pizza."). Then again it has a tendency to make you kind of obsess about food and that drives some people crazy. Good luck with it

misschris: CONGRATS on your 0.5!! It's still something, and you gotta remember you've been waking tons and I bet your thigh and calf muscles are growing some, which may be offsetting some of your fat loss. Make sure to take measurements to give yourself another metric to compare month to month. And MAKE SURE you don't count this 0.5 as a failure, it is a total success!!!

lovinlifex2: As the other ladies said, some of that is totally sodium. Chinese food is notorious for it. I never weigh myself within 2 or 3 days after eating Chinese food cos it'll totally throw me off. You'll be back to normal in no time.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:31 AM   #7  
BLACK TEAM

S/C/G: 225/219.5/140

Height: 5'5

suitejudyblueeyes: I looove to bake and I know the temptation to eat all the yummy treats. Just last night I baked some low-fat lemon squares... only 97 cals/3g fat per square... and of course I had to have TWO. I couldn't have just one! That is the sort of thing I need to get under control.

Good luck with the baby blanket. I love to knit! I have actually sold a couple of baby blankets to friends/family. I love to make them and think about a baby hopefully treasuring the blanket throughout their childhood.

Thank you for the encouragement, btw!
misschris531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:31 AM   #8  
Queen Yo-yo

Judy:
Good job, sweetie! That's a pretty awesome loss!
Old 01-14-2008, 11:33 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone. How is everyone’s week starting off? I am sick again. Hacking cough thing it’s not good. I ended up sleeping on the couch last night because I couldn’t lay down. I am hoping that this is the worst of it. I tried to rest most of the weekend.

Good news is I’m back down to 170 which was my pre-hiatus weight. So hopefully I can finally reach my goal of no longer being considered obese.

Lovin – I am always up 3 pounds after I eat Chinese food because of the sodium. I just come to expect it now.

MissChris - .5 of a pound is still a good loss!

Bikini – I find that planning has been the key to my success. If I know what I am going to eat then I am less likely to binge.

Sharron – Good job on developing a solid plan for the week. Good luck sticking to it!

Jelbb – I am so terrible about weighing myself everyday. I just can’t help it. And to be honest I have to avoid keeping nuts in my apartment at all because I have no self control with them. Good luck this week.

Judy - Good job on the loss that is huge. And congrats on you sisters pregnancy.

Last edited by RememberHowToSmile; 01-14-2008 at 11:35 AM.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:37 AM   #10  
doinTHEbestIcan

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Monday morning is starting out pretty slow. I had some trouble sleeping last night but I woke up this morning very rested.

I bought a stabiliy ball at Wal-Mart Sat. night and have had a wonderful time bouncing on it and doing crunches ever since. I sit on it when I'm on the computer and I sit on it when I'm eating and even sometime when I'm watching TV. It is doing wonders for my back pain. It feels really good to lay on it on my back and roll.

I got on the scale last night and saw something that I was not expecting to see. It was lower than I expected! Still showing a bit of a gain, from the holidays of course, but I'll get it down.

Have a Great Monday Ladies!!!
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:58 PM   #11  
WAF Blue Team

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

hey everyone.

hope you all had a good weekend. I was away at a wedding and had basically decided the weekend would be a write off weight and healthy eating wise. But getting on the scale this morning showed a 1lb loss. Although being ill and not eating yesterday may have helped with that. But at least there wasnt a gain. Anyone have any tips for wedding as I have several coming up in the next few months.
irishkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:41 PM   #12  
Beyonce got NOTHIN on me

S/C/G: 180/ticker/127ish?

Height: 5'4.5"

Hi ladies,

Today was a good day, I guess… I’m just bummed because my best friend has gone back to college because her break is over, and I’m stuck here. My break doesn’t end for another 2 weeks, but even when it does I’ll be dreading going back because I basically lived at my ex’s place there and this will be the first time I have to go back and face school without him. Okay I’ll stop being pathetic I promise not to mention the ex anymore.

In other news, my eating has been fairly good… lost control a bit last night and had a bowl of Reeses Peanut Butter Puff cereal (I TOLD my dad not to buy it because it’s a trigger food for me, but he wanted it, and so I must face the daily battle against the RPBPs). I just counted that with Flex Points (WW), and I’m back on track today. Haven’t been getting much exercise in, but maybe I’ll fit in a run early tomorrow morning.

Jelbb: I am a compulsive weigh-er too! It’s the first thing I do when I get up every morning. And it’s really not a good pattern because if I gain a pound from eating veggies with soy sauce the night before (a favorite bed-time snack of mine), I go ballistic. I should try giving it up for a while… but I’m just too addicted

Suitejudyblueeyes: Congrats on the 4 lb loss!! That’s awesome. And PS I love the song that your username is named after, hehe

Irishkatt: Ooh, weddings are tough, but basically what I did when I was a bridesmaid at my aunt’s wedding: half of everything. I allowed myself to have half the entrée, half a piece of cake, half a glass of champagne. At least if you’re going to do some damage, just do half the damage! Hope that helps
bodyTOObootylicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 07:35 PM   #13  
Queen Yo-yo

Rememberhowtosmile:
Yeah, I think that keeping nuts in my room has become a big, and sudden no-no. It's just too much guilt for me to deal with, lol. Good luck to you too!

Jana:
Ohh, I love those balls! Man, I should get one of those. Actually, whenever I'm on them, I tend to kinda just.. sit there and bounce incessantly. That probably wouldn't be a bad idea for a way to burn off just a few extra calories, huh? And 'grats on those pounds coming off!

irishkat:
Yay for being down a pound! All those weddings can be rough, I bet. I find that the best way for me to avoid stuffing my face with food that's all over the place is to always keep something low calorie around to occupy my mouth. Constantly be downing wine glasses full of water, or slip a pack of gum into your purse. Always makes you want to eat less if you've still got that gum flavour in your mouth.
At the same time, I'd avoid trying to DENY yourself the things there, or you might wind up spending the night obsessing about a big ol' piece of cake. Instead maybe shift some calories around, eat a really low calorie dinner the night before and a really low cal breakfast and lunch the day of the wedding... then treat yourself to a bit (not a binge!) of high calorie wedding food!
Have a ton of fun at those weddings, darlin!

Booty:
Pshh, once you and someone break up, ESPECIALLY if they were a big part of your day/routine in the past, it can be pretty rough, kind of like starting a new life over. You mention him as much as you want, hunny.
Also, my best friend lives back in our hometown, and I'm away at uni. She works all the time, so she can't really make the drive to come see me, and she HATES being at home... so she HATES when my break is over and I have to head back to school. I'm pretty sure she can sympathize with you pretty big time.
Oooh, the sugary cereal. D'you think your dad would understand if you asked him to hide it somewhere funny in/near the kitchen? If I have boxes of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese (KD to Canadians) around the house, I'm done. My mother buys them for my stepsis, and I'll eat the whole box for a meal. It's baaaaad.
Also, hope you can find a way to fit exercise into your schedule regularly. Trying to convince yourself to do it sucks sometimes.
I think in my case, I've always failed in the past because I don't see results quickly enough by just healthy eating. I just don't naturally burn enough calories. Even when I did atkins WAY back in the day and was losing solely based on eating habits, I was constantly thinking about how much faster things would be dropping off if I just committed to a run three times a week..
Anyhow, that isn't mean as nagging, that's just me ranting to myself.
AND, the whole weighing thing is horrible when you have something a bit crappy the night before, and suddenly you're like.. a couple of pounds up, isn't it?? I find it very discouraging. So, hopefully having GIVEN THE SCALE AWAY will be the solution to my problem. The girl I gave it to-- there's no way she'll give it back to me before Thursday now, lol. I'm not even gonna try!

My Update:

I was in drawing class today (I'm an art major in university) and we sit on these things called "donkeys:"

You straddle them, and lean your drawing board against the end bit. Anyhow. I get really uncomfortable straddling them for a full three hour long class, so I tend to get my legs up and sit cross-legged.
Well, wouldn't you know that I get my legs up to sit cross-legged and all of a sudden-- riiiiiiiiiiip!... my pants split open against the bulge of my inner thigh where the fabric's already been worn thin by the friction of my touching legs.

Not. Encouraging.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:56 PM   #14  
Beyonce got NOTHIN on me

S/C/G: 180/ticker/127ish?

Height: 5'4.5"

Jelbb: AHHHHH what a nightmare! I’m so sorry that happened to you. If it’s any consolation though when I was in high school I had a close friend who was very petite and something similar happened to her except it was the seat of her pants. It’s totally mortifying either way but it has nothing to do with weight, just crappy/worn down fabric.
Omg I did Atkins wayyyy back in the day too… so unhealthy. I mean don’t get me wrong I lost weight, but then again I also ate sour cream out of the jar with a spoon. Eek still makes me shiver just thinking about it. And as for Mac and Cheese—definitely a trigger food for me too. Ahhh I have to stop thinking about it I’m making myself hungry! But good idea about telling dad to hide the cereal, I will definitely do that.

Ok I'm off to try and figure out how to use my new phone... I coerced my mother into buying me a Blackjack II Hehe. There's too many functions though I may spend the rest of my life learning to use it but oh well I'M HAPPY
bodyTOObootylicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:48 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 187/173/125

Height: 5'6"

Jelbb - Ouch! That must not have been good for your confidence. I know it probably had nothing to do with your weight...but I know how you feel. No matter how many people tell you it has nothing to do with your weight, I'm sure it did bring you down that down. So, I'm sorry you had to go through with that.

My update: I have a pap smear tomorrow morning. I'm trying to avoid going to bed...makes me feel like I don't have to admit I'm going tomorrow morning. Ugh. I hate the doctor's sometimes. Oh well.
leanmoomercows is offline   Reply With Quote