LA Weight Loss - Jan 14-20 2008 Losers and Friends Thread

Joni135
01-14-2008, 07:19 AM
Wake Up.....it's a brand new day; it's a brand new week! What have you done for yourself lately?

lizababe
01-14-2008, 07:24 AM
Good morning Joni! I got back on plan.. that's what I'm doing for myself!

Joni135
01-14-2008, 07:34 AM
It's might early for Liza to be up.....even too early to walk Buster Boy!!

Has anyone tried these yet?....
Yotta Bars - Yotta Bar is a chewy granola bar that contains 6 to 9 hidden vegetables and one full serving of veggies and fruit per bar, yet they taste like cherry, orange or apple cinnamon.

http://www.undercoverveg.com/ Click on 'learn more' to see the ingredients...very interesting; a bit pricey and I know whole fruits and veggies are best, but this may be a nice, healthier snack choice.

bella mia
01-14-2008, 07:54 AM
Good morning all,

Don't know if you all remember me back I'm back on plan! I started LA last January and manged to loose over 40 lbs. Had a lot of issues over the past few months so I took a break....but now I'm full pledged back on plan...committed and now on Plan # 3 (no lites). I still can go to my centre until April (that is what I have ,without having to resign and spend more money...we'll see). I would like to ultimately reach my goal of 145. I know this will be hard but I know I can do this, and for this reason I need all your support. I also would love to be able to help all of you as much as possible by being part of this special group again. I have also joined the Biggest Loser Challenge, which I am a Red team member.

In the past you have all been so important to me and always kept me motivated and on plan, I'm hoping this will continue. I hope I can pick up from where I started here and feel welcomed.

Have a wonderful day.

michie
01-14-2008, 08:14 AM
Good morning all! I am going to officially say that this is going to be the best week ever! I can feel it. Let's stay POP, exercise and be generally healthy all week long. We are amazing, so it will be no problem! That is what I want to do for myself this week!

Liza- It is sooooooooo early for you to be up! Are you too an early morning worker? I have to be at work at 6am everyday. :( Have a POP day!

Sara- Good on you for getting back with it! You can do this and we will all make sure of it! Good luck this week and stay POP!

Joni- OMG... that sounds like an amazing bar. Anyway I can get in my veggies without having to eat so many veggies would be awesome! Have you tried them? Can you only find them online? Let us know! POP!

Personals are so easy when there are only 3 people to respond to! Ha! At 9am it will be another story! Later POPstars!

Debbie24
01-14-2008, 08:17 AM
Morning All!!

Hi Joni, Liza, michie.

Welcome back Sara.

So i'm down another 1.8lbs. YAY. Its going slowly but as long as it keeps going down i'm happy. Of course DH is down 3.2lbs and thats 6.6lbs total. I'm so happy for him but pretty soon he'll be passing me and once again weigh less. Anyway POP week here i come.

Hope everyone has a POP day!!

lizababe
01-14-2008, 08:54 AM
LOL @ me being up early. My first report is at 5AM sharp every morning. That means I should be in here by 4:45AM to prep for it. Usually at that point I'm at the Starbucks drive thru and come skating in at 4:59AM and somehow I still pull it together. I always wonder who the other people are on the roadways at that hour and why they're there... That should be one perk to being at work before the sun is up every day that I don't have to wait for anyone on the road!

Michelle - great attitude on the week! I'm right there with ya!

Joni - Good morning again Sunshine :-)

Sara - Welcome back! We'll help you get to your goals!

Debbie - congrats on your loss! Don't worry about how much your husband loses.. you know guys always do it faster. But keep on your on great work!

Back to work.. for now.

Dan2112
01-14-2008, 09:51 AM
Morning ladies (and Jason)...

Welcome back Sara! You're always welcome here.. Post early, post often!

Still recovering from my horrible fall off the wagon this past weekend... Played raquetball last night and rolled my dang ankle, so it's hurting this morning.. I'm a mess... What can I say...

My raquetball partner, who while thin, is just getting back into the exercise thing, is trying to convince me to do a triathalon with him in May... I'm hesitant, but at the same time, wondering if I could actually pull it off.. It would mean a LOT of training... We'll see.. I still have some time to decide...

Have a great day all, and KEEP LOSING!!

sscott
01-14-2008, 10:00 AM
Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend. We had a weekend with a surprise. I found out that I am pregnant! Oh my! I couldn't be more shocked or excited. I know I won't be able to go to the center any more, but my sister, who is an MD, said I can keep up with the program. She said that because I am heavy as long as I am eating enough fruits, veggies, and lean protien the baby will take what it needs from my reserves. So, I am planning on making healthy choices. I am not going to focus on weightloss right now, just making good choices. So, with that said, I would like to still hang around here with you guys. I am going to remove my tickers so I don't worry about the weight and I am going to worry about eatig healthy! Yippy, a baby is always reason to celebrate!

Tuesday Cool
01-14-2008, 10:07 AM
Professionally I pulled of a great event yesterday. We had a Spay Day at the shelter where we spayed or neutered 80 feral cats in one day! This is huge as all those cats would have been providing us with hundreds of kittens this spring! If 40 of those cats were female (actually 46 were) and they each had a litter of 6 kittens we would have seen 240 kittens. By late summer those females can have a second litter providing another 240 kittens. By fall the first kittens would be producing litters themselves. And so on, and so on...
I was exhausted last night and ordered pizza. I ate 3 slices but had to pull the cheese off as it was way over whelming. I have been noticing that some foods I used to eat are just too rich for me now. I guess that is good.
I am back on plan this morning and by some miracle did not gain over the weekend.
Good luck to all.

lizababe
01-14-2008, 10:23 AM
Hey Tuesday - great job on the spay event!

Since you work at a shelter and see an array of problems... do you have any experience with mast tumors on cats? I think that's what mine has. He's been chewing his paw raw and bloody this weekend and it's very swollen. He's an indoor cat and I didn't find any sort of wound on there. He's not in any pain it seems, doesn't favor it while walking and has his appetite. I looked all over the web trying to find an explanation and the only thing I could find was a mast cell tumor.. though there's more information on it for dogs than cats. Poor thing. Getting him into a carrier and off to the vet is also an adventure. He doesn't like to be held at all, is very nervous and very slippery.

KrispieD
01-14-2008, 10:33 AM
Congratulations Stacy!

and a special welcome back to my dear friend Sara!!!

Dan2112
01-14-2008, 10:40 AM
Congrats Stacy!!! That's great news!

Tuesday - I totally know what you mean about some foods becoming too rich... Once you're on the plan for a while, things like Pizza and the like become an amazing treat, but there are other things (at least for me) that I just can't handle anymore.. Things like a sliver of birthday cake or anything fried become overwhelming...

equinetcan
01-14-2008, 10:51 AM
Happy Monday!!!

I am off today for one last day before I finally start my new position at work tomorrow. I can't wait to go to work tomorrow...now ain't that a treat??? I haven't done that in awhile. Of course we have yet another snow storm due to start this afternoon and go overnight so the drive in tomorrow will be a real bugger...but I don't have to go that far so I should be able to get there.

I didn't make it to my weigh in on friday as we had a freezing rain storm and the roads were really slippery and icy by 530 when my appt is for. and according to my home scale I am the same so i will go with that till I get weighed this friday. I'll update the weigh in thread after I leave here.

I never mentioned it before but after I stopped going to COD when my weeks ran out I was doing this on my own and then at the beginning of december I joined a local weight loss center here. I weigh in every friday for now. It is similar in structure to LA on the old colored plans but is a little more restricted. It works really well and they don't have the turnover like my center did and my coach that I am assigned to actually has nutrition training etc and he has also lost a ton of weight. I go to him every week so he knows me and can keep track of what i am doing etc. I can email him anytime with questions about my plan and he gets back to me the same day usually unless I email late in the day and then its first thing the next morning when he gets back to me. I really like it so far and I know people at work that have gone for awhile and lost a lot. I needed some kind of accountability and this so far seems to be working. I've lost 9 lbs since starting there and that included xmas and new years in there as well.

I hope you guys will still let me come here...I love keeping up to date with you guys and a lot of you ahve been there for when things were good and bad with me. I have fun checking in here and learn a lot from you guys.

Guess this was a little long...have a great day and I'll check in later....have a POP day!!!

MomOfThreeTeens
01-14-2008, 10:51 AM
OH MY Goodness! 10 pages of posts to catch up on and I just checked in on Friday, sheesh!

Congrats to all you losers, seems like everybody is getting their head back in the game!

I was POP for over a week and man it felt good. You'd think that after doing this for over a year that I wouldnt be surprised anymore at how much better I feel when I'm eating right! I had a good loss at the COD Friday. I went to WI twice last week, havent done that in a LONG time. I followed my loss with homemade pizza Friday night! LOL I decided to stick as close to plan as I can and allow myself one day every couple of weeks to eat something just because I want it! I should be able to do that on maintenance without hurting myself too bad! :::crossing fingers:::

Good to see some faces back and checking in!! And a big welcome to all the new people! There seem to be more everyday!

Have an absolutely amazing week everybody!

MomOfThreeTeens
01-14-2008, 10:54 AM
Alannah! You know you are always welcome here!!! Good luck with your new plan!

Dan2112
01-14-2008, 10:55 AM
Of course you're always welcome!! It will be interesting to track your progress with the local program.

Happy Monday!!!

I am off today for one last day before I finally start my new position at work tomorrow. I can't wait to go to work tomorrow...now ain't that a treat??? I haven't done that in awhile. Of course we have yet another snow storm due to start this afternoon and go overnight so the drive in tomorrow will be a real bugger...but I don't have to go that far so I should be able to get there.

I didn't make it to my weigh in on friday as we had a freezing rain storm and the roads were really slippery and icy by 530 when my appt is for. and according to my home scale I am the same so i will go with that till I get weighed this friday. I'll update the weigh in thread after I leave here.

I never mentioned it before but after I stopped going to COD when my weeks ran out I was doing this on my own and then at the beginning of december I joined a local weight loss center here. I weigh in every friday for now. It is similar in structure to LA on the old colored plans but is a little more restricted. It works really well and they don't have the turnover like my center did and my coach that I am assigned to actually has nutrition training etc and he has also lost a ton of weight. I go to him every week so he knows me and can keep track of what i am doing etc. I can email him anytime with questions about my plan and he gets back to me the same day usually unless I email late in the day and then its first thing the next morning when he gets back to me. I really like it so far and I know people at work that have gone for awhile and lost a lot. I needed some kind of accountability and this so far seems to be working. I've lost 9 lbs since starting there and that included xmas and new years in there as well.

I hope you guys will still let me come here...I love keeping up to date with you guys and a lot of you ahve been there for when things were good and bad with me. I have fun checking in here and learn a lot from you guys.

Guess this was a little long...have a great day and I'll check in later....have a POP day!!!

bella mia
01-14-2008, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the welcome back! I really do enjoy it here!
There are so many new faces and its so nice to see all the oldies...you guys are awesome!

One question I do have though is for those of you who were on the coloured plan for awhile and are now on the numbered plan, do you find it works as effectively or the same. I am so worried that I won't lose the same...so many starches, even though I try to eat the lighter ones a starch is a starch??? Also for those of you who have done this with lites and without, do you recommend using them or not? Do you lose quicker one way or the other? One of the problems I also find know is I would love to be able to have a snack or something sweet but guilt kills me...do I buy some of the La biscotti? And howw often can you have the LA snacks without gaining weight?

I just really want to succeed and before I got off plan I had plateaued for a few months and I guess I just want this to happen. I have been on plan faithfully since last Monday where I did TO fior the 2 days Monday and Tuesday and lost 3 lbs, but since only have managed to lose another 1/2 lbs. or so. The centre tells me that's great but I guess I have high expectations. I am trying to be postive and patient as I know I can do this.

Kristen & Angie...when are we having that coffee? Tim Hortons, next week one night???

zambejaly5
01-14-2008, 11:09 AM
Wake Up.....it's a brand new day; it's a brand new week! What have you done for yourself lately?
oh Joni, that is too funny, that is exactly what I just said on the FLYing LAWLers thread!!

michie
01-14-2008, 11:19 AM
So much to keep up with and it's only 8 am! Sheesh! :p

Stacy- Congrats! That is so amazing! I can't imagine how excited and happy you must be! Now you get to do fun pregnant exercises, right??? I don't really know. I saw it on TV once...:shrug:

Liza- You're a reporter??? COOL! Radio? Television? I wish my job was as cool! Hope your cat is okay. :sorry:

Hello and good morning to everyone else! I'm on my way to COD to WI.. hopefully the weekend was good to me. We'll see!

zambejaly5
01-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Goodness, you can tell it is January the way this board is flying out of control!

I am off work today! it is very nice. I really enjoy my job. more than I thought I would. I actually look forward to getting back to work. but I really enjoy the days off too. so that is all good. I just hope we can make it with the pay check being so tiny. Like many of you teacher may have it...... we get paid for 180 days but it is spread out for the whole year so I will get checks in the summer when I am not working, but that makes all the checks littler. actually mine will be even littler because, starting work halfway through the school year I am actually contracted for 102 days and that is spread out til next sept....... too much math. tomorrow I get my first check, it has been a month since I was hired, so yay! a check for me. so I will get to see just how tiny it is tomorrow.

enough.....

on the diet front. I was PMSing all last week, tried to behave and it put me at exactly the same place this week. so still 209..... I will take that. Today TOM hit. .... full force....... (it is a good thing you are married Dan! bad enough you are almost the only guy...... glad you are back around too Jason!...... but then to have to hear this stuff so much...... just glad you are married and familure with it...... thats all I'm sayin'!)

so I hope to see something good this week.

I was POP all last week and most of the weekend, but we took the two little girls to Chuck E Cheese yesterday and I did have 2 pcs of Pizza with a salad. but I took the smallest pieces on the pan, and figured it into my day, so I guess it was still kinda POP...... but I didnt' count it as such.

Well, I need to get some things done. I didn't want to have to go anywhere today, but DD has softball practice this afternoon even though there is no school and my son has orchestra practice. so I will be doing some running.

I am going to try my best to keep up with you guys the week, but man you guys went crazy with the amount of pages.... and now with me working......... yikes! I can't wait til I hit 180. my DH is going to get me my own laptop. and then I should be able to get on more often,

k. have a great day all!

amylou7777
01-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Morning all!

Stacy- congratulations on the pregnancy!! We all wish you the best and hope that you are able to stay on track eating wise for the next 9 months!

Kim-good to see you and congrats on your POP week!!

Liza- so early! But you have an important job. I hope that the new numbered plan starts to fit into your routine soon. I remember a lot of people feeling overwhelmed at first, but you will get used to it I'm sure.

Hi Michelle! Thanks for the pep talk-I needed it! I'm going to have a great week and hope you do too!

WElcome back Sara! Glad you are ready to get back into it.

Dan- sorry to hear about the cheats and the ankle. Wouldn't finsihing a triatholon be a great acheivement?? I think you can do it!!

Alannah-your new program sounds like the perfect replacement. Wish I had one!! Maybe I should look into it, how are the prices? Good luck at your new job!

Hi Lettie!

Hi Nicole! Joni!

zambejaly5
01-14-2008, 11:24 AM
Morning Amy!!!!!

lizababe
01-14-2008, 11:27 AM
Michelle are you going to the Mission Valley COD? I'll be there this afternoon :-) Hope your WI is a GREAT one! And yes, I'm a reporter on several radio stations and one tv station here.

okie in il
Good morning everyone!

I need some help! :( I can't seem to stay on track since my COD closed. I do pretty good during the week, but weekends are my downfall. This past weekend my DH was out of town so I was bored & ate. I didn't really eat anything that was off plan, it was just the quantity. I didn't have the nerve to get on the scale this morning to see what the damage was but Saturday morning I was back up to 159 after having pizza & beer on Friday night. I guess I need a lecture from someone (Dan). I'm sooo close to goal that I can almost taste (hehe) it, but can't get myself to it. I have less than 6 weeks before I go on my cruise, you'd think that would be motivation enough, but it's not. Any advice or butt chewings are welcome. Thanks.

Sounds like most of you have had successful weekends. Good luck being POP this week.

zambejaly5
Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend. We had a weekend with a surprise. I found out that I am pregnant! Oh my! I couldn't be more shocked or excited. I know I won't be able to go to the center any more, but my sister, who is an MD, said I can keep up with the program. She said that because I am heavy as long as I am eating enough fruits, veggies, and lean protien the baby will take what it needs from my reserves. So, I am planning on making healthy choices. I am not going to focus on weightloss right now, just making good choices. So, with that said, I would like to still hang around here with you guys. I am going to remove my tickers so I don't worry about the weight and I am going to worry about eatig healthy! Yippy, a baby is always reason to celebrate!

:preg::preg::preg::preg::preg::preg::preg::preg::p reg::preg::preg::preg:
OH STACY!!!!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!! That is so wonderful!!!

Isn't there a ticker somewhere for pregnant gals, where you count down the months or something? seems like you should get some kind of ticker!!!!
Any idea on a due date? You better keep coming around, we want to all be Auntie Chicks.....oh, and a couple Uncle Roosters!

zambejaly5
01-14-2008, 11:31 AM
Those smilies are nuts. I didn't throw that green face or the "reg" in the middle, I even went back and tried to edit it. I erased all the smilies and hit just the preggers one again and it still came up like that! weird....... but you get the message anyway,

Katy66
01-14-2008, 11:34 AM
Good Morning...almost afternoon here. Had a pretty good weekend and managed to stay on plan despite TOM approaching:) Trying to decide if I want to go WI today or just wait until Friday so I can get back on my regular schedule.

It is going to be a strange week for me. I'm facilitating a planning event here at work the next two days and then have my leadership class on Thursday. Hopefully I'll find a few minutes at home to check in on everyone's progress.

Oh, by the way, DH who didn't lose anything on TO last week announced this am that he is down 8lbs....in a freaking week no less. PI$&ed me off so bad I didn't even step on the scales. I've never lost 8lbs in a week, not even when I first started. I know I should be happy for him right?

I'm thinking about moving to Plan 2..... I saw someone on here who is close to my current weight and is already on 2. They told me at to be at 190 but I don't always trust the counselors at my COD. They don't always seem to know what they are talking about. Right now I think I'm just getting too many starches to do any good. I went from purple plan where I got two right to this plan three where I get four...and two pieces of bread now counts as one. Any thoughts? I think Plan 2 was posted on a thread before so I'm going to go look for it.

Talk to you later all you POPstars:)

Katy66
01-14-2008, 11:40 AM
Lettie - You deserve pizza for being at Chuck E Cheese....I absolutely hate that place. Not sure why, maybe the rodent. DD has only been to one party there and it was more than I could take. I heard them offering the parents coffee or something to calm my nerves as we were leaving but I told them the beer I needed to do that just wasn't on their menu:)

Congrats Stacy!!!!

Liza - It is great to have you back!

Hi AmyLou, Dan, and anyone else out there that I missed.

Dan2112
01-14-2008, 11:51 AM
Becky.. I know it's hard, but you can do it.. You've just to rearrange your thinking... Liz and I had to do it last year when our shops closed in April... You go through a period of "Screw it! I'm just gonna forget about the whole thing!".. But then conciously you get back on track.. It's the subconcious thing that take some time to get going...

Just because you don't have some skinny chick with a scale and a tape measure monitoring your every crumb, doesn't mean you can't hold yourself accountable...

There are going to be weak moments, especially when you're bored.. But hey.. The small victory is that you didn't stray off plan with the foods you ate.. An extra handful or two of carrots or peanuts isn't going to affect you like eating through a bag of chips or a plate of nachos...

equinetcan
01-14-2008, 12:06 PM
Amy my new plan is called Simply For Life but I have no idea how widespread they are. I know if I google it I only get the centers here in eastern canada. It is strictly one on one and they will hunt you down if you don't show for an appt and hold you accountable for every slip up you do. But thats what I want. They tell you straight up they are not there to coddle you of give you excuses - you have to be accountable to yourself every day. It takes getting used to but I am getting there. But when you go in and lose they just about make you feel like you are on top of the world. Much more supportive than my own COD ever was. Here I pay with taxes $100 a month but it isn't up front so if I ever stop so does the $$. I don't lose anything. I actually look forward to going and getting weighed even if I know I am up.

Stacey - forgot to say congrats earlier. We are having a mini baby boom at work. It seems every other day someone is coming in pregnant or is having their baby. We even have a water cooler that very few will drink out of because every one of those that are or were pregnant drank out of it!! Talk about superstitious.

cecil
01-14-2008, 12:10 PM
Good morning Everyone!
Stacy congrats on the Baby News! Sooo exciting!
Joni , Liza and Michie! Hi!
Sara Welcome! GO TEAM RED!
Congrats on the loss Debbie!.
Hi Kim , Allanah, Dan!
Hope everyone has a POP day!

zambejaly5
01-14-2008, 12:11 PM
Nicole. My husband is about a half hour outside St. Louis. He will be there til Thursday. I wish I could have gone with him, I would have met you somewhere for coffee!

amylou7777
01-14-2008, 12:12 PM
Becky! Don't worry so much about the COD. You have to create some structure for yourself so you don't feel so alone. Set up your at home w/i days and post on our w/i thread. That keeps me from weighing everyday-only the w/i days count and those are the weights I report.

Then set up a really small goal that you KNOW you can achieve. Maybe it's one two POP days in a row with absolutely no cheating. Then follow that by another two days.

If you workout- set up a ticker for miles walked or minutes done. By creating your own mini goals you can celebrate small victories.

And of course check in here everyday! It's s motivating to see people losing, comforting to see people struggling too and fun to stay involved in people's journeys. We all know that you can do it, like Dan said, the subconscious is what stalls us- so if you jump right into POP the rest will sooon follow!!

Lettie- a new laptop sounds like a good prize!! You will be there before you know it!

amylou7777
01-14-2008, 12:13 PM
Yes congrats on the loss Debbie that is great!

Hi Cecilia!

amylou7777
01-14-2008, 12:14 PM
Alannah-that program sounds awesome!! Sounds like we could all use something like that right about now. Glad you found it. I may have to research to see if there is anything similar here in CA!

cecil
01-14-2008, 12:17 PM
Hi Katy and AmyLou!
Lettie! Love the smiles! Glad you like your job that is sooo important!
Becky we are here for you whatever you need!

Angie
01-14-2008, 12:18 PM
I should keep track of how long it takes me to figure out that there is a new thread each week, to see if I improve. Week one, 11:55.

Joni -- What have I done for myself? Today I packed all my food for the day, every meal and snack and I'm sticking to it. Yay!

Sara -- Welcome back! I'm doing Plan 3 right now, and I like it. I'm losing okay I guess, certainly no slower than I did on the old plans. I opted not to do lites this time, partly because I'm not going to the COD anymore, partly because they are too expensive, and also because I feel like I'm getting more than enough food without them. I think all those snacks count as a starch, so I never found them worth my while. I'd rather sub an Orville Reddenbokkers 100cal mini-popcorn for a starch anyday! I'm free for coffee on Tuesday night, this week or next...

Dan -- The triathalon sounds like a cool challenge. I bet you can do it, consider it a test of your new body...a test run!

Stacy -- Congratulations! They do have a pregnancy plan at the COD, I'm not sure what it is, but I'm sure they'll tell you all about it.

Tuesday -- Those numbers are astounding. We adopted our little bundle of feline-fur from a local humane society last January. One less on the street!

Lettie -- I'm glad the job is working out nicely for you. I think maintaining during PMS is a victory in itself, so way to go!

Becky -- Sorry you had a bad weekend. I was just looking at where you are, and even with this setback, you can turn it around now, and still reach your goal by the cruise. If you have 6 weeks, and lose 2/week, you'll be done and ready for maintenance. Maybe you could try the 6 week makeover, I think the details are posted in one of the sticky threads. Good luck!

Hello to everyone else! :wave:

zambejaly5
01-14-2008, 12:19 PM
I have got to get off of here and get some work done! but everytime I refresh the page someone has put something new on!!!!! STOP YOU GUYS..... GO GET SOMETHING ELSE DONE!!!!

ok. I am leaving this time for real!!!

Angie
01-14-2008, 12:25 PM
Ha! Me too, I just checked in again because I saw you posted! It's an endless cycle! lol

zambejaly5
01-14-2008, 12:33 PM
So, STOOOOOPPPP IT ANGIE!!!!!!! (heehee)

ok......... me too!

amylou7777
01-14-2008, 12:44 PM
Haha, I need to get off of here too!

NICOLE- I just saw your w/i update- WOHOOOO for you!!

zambejaly5
01-14-2008, 12:46 PM
ahhhh, Nicole, you just passed me by a 1/2 a pound!!!!

going to hit the treadmill!!!

Mama Nicole
01-14-2008, 12:59 PM
:lol: Lettie!!! I think it was only 0.2 lbs. I wish I would make me exercies!!!

Congrats to everyone who had a loss this week, and a special congrats to all who stayed OP and didn't lose. That is a real battle in itself!!! I think we ought to do a monthly tally at the end of the month to show off our progress!!!

Stacy....congrats. There is NOTHING in this world like a new baby! I am very happy for you :)

Dan......nothing is ever too rich for me. :) It doesn't matter how long I stay OP, I have a stomach of steel. Not really a good thing. Tell Liz we say, "heeyyy."

Good morning to everyone else too............I will come back to play later. I have to take DD to the doc this afternoon.......but I will try to pop in now and then. Stay tough everyone :)
XOXO

Katy66
01-14-2008, 01:08 PM
My you guys are a chatty bunch!!!!! Just back from a very POP lunch that was yummy. Have great afternoon everyone:)

StevenBensMom
01-14-2008, 01:16 PM
Wow, the number of posts since Friday is crazy...I just caught up by skimming through.

I believe Tina mentioned last week abou the Prevention magazine and the People magazine with over 100 lb weight losses...I picked them up and I highly recommend them both. Both are very motivating!

Now that I spent all my time catching up I have to get back to work.

Have a POP Day everyone!

lizababe
01-14-2008, 01:25 PM
4 pages already?!? I was only gone for an hour and a half!

Stacy I forgot to say earlier, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Sounds like you've got some good support and medical help to maintain your weight loss during pregnancy! I have one friend who lost weight during her pregnancies. She'd lose 50lbs!

Hi Alannah! I'm glad you found a new plan that is working for you!

Hi Lettie, Amy, Angie, Cecil, Nicole, Kim, Dan and everyone else who is probably posting as I type this....

I have WI this afternoon.. I'm not optimistic. I was so stuffed last night and bloated this morning from the starch that I couldn't zip up the jeans I just wore on Saturday :-( We'll see how it goes. Maybe I can get a different number plan that might work better. I know they're there to help me so I'm sure they will.

okie in il
01-14-2008, 01:33 PM
Dan - Thanks, I knew I could count on you. :lol: I haven't been on these boards long, but from what I've read, you are a huge motivation to everyone here. You're right about the chips & nachos, knowing that I could have & didn't is a small victory. :carrot: I took my kids to Chilis yesterday for lunch and I really could have done some damage there, but I had chicken & shrimp fajitas & a salad. :cheer2: And my DS kept tempting me with the dessert menu. So it could have been much worse.

Amy - Setting mini goals is a great idea. I've always had a problem with doing that. I've always just looked forward to the end results. I've seen other people with tickers for exercising & such, but didn't have a clue at where I should start. I bought Leslie Sansone's Walk Away Your Waistline the other day, it's a 3 mile brisk walk with a belt with stretch bands on it. It's great. I've started checking in on that thread daily too, hoping it will motivate me. I've come way too far to screw this up now.

Hi Cecilia - Thanks.

Angie - I'll definately check into that 6 week makeover. I haven't consistently lost 2 lbs a week the whole time I've been doing this. Thanks.

So far today I've been POP. I just have to keep it up.

Thanks everyone!!

bradleys mom
01-14-2008, 02:10 PM
OMG... You all are killing me! I spend more time reading on here then I do my school books (oops)

I will have to catch up before I can even figure out how everyone is doing this lovely (and cold here) Monday. Hope you're all planning on a POP week. And good luck to all the BL challengers! :) I am trying to get to 230 by Ds's birthday which is 2/16!

zambejaly5
01-14-2008, 02:19 PM
oh kimberly just shoot for 229! it is only one more pound, but somehow when ever I look at it that way it sounds so much more enticing...... by the way........ ahhhhhhhh I just love your pic of Bob......that boy is just hot!

Repo girl
01-14-2008, 02:25 PM
Morning ladies (and Jason)...

Welcome back Sara! You're always welcome here.. Post early, post often!

Still recovering from my horrible fall off the wagon this past weekend... Played raquetball last night and rolled my dang ankle, so it's hurting this morning.. I'm a mess... What can I say...

My raquetball partner, who while thin, is just getting back into the exercise thing, is trying to convince me to do a triathalon with him in May... I'm hesitant, but at the same time, wondering if I could actually pull it off.. It would mean a LOT of training... We'll see.. I still have some time to decide...

Have a great day all, and KEEP LOSING!!

Yes you can Dan!!

aguerin
01-14-2008, 02:28 PM
Hello All. Looks like another busy, busy week for this board.

Good Luck to everyone on the challenges (TBL & VD. Congrats on the baby news Stacey.

I must confess I am really having trouble sticking to this plan this new year. I think it is due to all the hiding left overs from the holidays. Cookie Dough to be exact, but I eliminated it yestarday so I have to once again get re-focused. Does the starting over ever stop?

Great to see you back on board Liza - we have missed you.

Mama Nicole
01-14-2008, 02:28 PM
All day.........this keeps running through my brain...
"hey now, you're a popstar, get your game on....go play........"
:lol:

michie
01-14-2008, 02:50 PM
So I went to WI... I was just about the same place! 231.8. A bit of a gain, but I haven't done any working out so this week will be about fixing that. I also just did TBL Sculpt and Tone DVD and man it's hard! I was expecting one of those girly skips and jumps DVDs, but this was full on! I really liked it. I'm also going to hit the gym later tonight, so hopefully I can stick with it so I can start losing again!

Liza- I do go to Mission Valley... well I went in already! I am going to start doing M,W,F WI's. Which stations are you on? I listen on my way to work, I bet I totally "know" you! Small small world!

Kim- You can totally make it out of the 230's by your DS's BDay! You can do it! Woo Hoo! Go Kim! (I'm your cheerleader if you didn't get it...)

Everyone else... you rock! Stay POP, Be POP, BREATHE POP! Hahahaha! JK!

Dan2112
01-14-2008, 03:05 PM
Wow.. it IS chatty here today..

I have the BEST solution to losing the cravings and the constant desire to snack.. Here it is...

Sit directly across from the office fridge that smells like something died in it... UUUUGH!! Every time someone opens it, this stench wafts across the way and ends up right in my area... It is SO nasty.. And I know it ain't something of mine, becuase I don't leave stuff in there...

cecil
01-14-2008, 03:08 PM
Michie nice speech! I love your attitude this week! Very positive!
Kim no doubt you will be at your goal and maybe more! Keep up the good work and stay away from the Pizza you love sooo much! hahahahah!
Amy/dixie chick- your on your way now that you have cleaned out the house of all the bad stuff I know you can do it! POPstar!

pjbeau
01-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Good Morning...oh, gosh, it's afternoon already...Good Afternoon Losers!

I've been fighting a horrible headache for 2 days now, so I can't talk much...hurts to look at the screen.

While I feel like crap, I'm excited today...I lost another 1.5 lbs! :carrot:

Oh, and I did get on my treadmill this weekend. I downloaded some treadmill workouts from iTrain...it was strenous, but a good workout.

Hey and hugs to everyone...hopefully, I can talk more later.

lizababe
01-14-2008, 04:09 PM
1.5 hours till WI...

I woke up from a snooze inbetween shifts and uh.. well had a lot of fluid to let go. I excitedly jumped on the sclae and nope, not one ounce down. This one tends to give me mixed results so we'll see what COD's sclae says. I haven't had any of my starches yet because I was afraid they'd cause more water retention. I hope I don't end up last night trying to cram them all in before bedtime. I really didn't like the way I felt this morning.

Michelle - You can hear my LA Weight Loss commercials on Kyxy. I think they primarily air in the mornings, though I only do their traffic in the afternoons. In the mornings I do 94.9 and sometimes KIFM. Afternoons it's Kyxy, 94.9, Jack FM and KSON. On the weekends I host for KPBS and fly in Chopper 8. So chances are, you have heard me a lot. There are very few stations in San Diego that I haven't been on over the past 10 years!

Dan - I agree with Katy, you CAN do it! Wouldn't that just be amazing to accomplish something you never even would've thought of until now??? Oh and too funny about the nasty fridge. I clean mine out every time I grocery shop and right after the holidays something smelled like it had died every time I walked past the fridge. It was driving me crazy. I tore it apart scrubbing down everything almost certain something would reach back and slap me every time I stuck my head in there. Then I while scratching my head I noticed something on top of the fridge that was unusual. Apparently I'd put a bag of potatoes up there (I have no idea why?) and that was what was doing it.

Time to shower up and get ready for the second shift of the day. You know, I always wake up in a positive mood even though I can barely open my eyes and tell myself "THIS is going to be a great day!" For some reason Mondays always slowly work against me and send me signs one after another that I should just not leave the house on those days. Today is another one of those but I keep plugging through and telling myself the bad little things will be over and it will at least end great.

bradleys mom
01-14-2008, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the encouragement ladies! Lettie, just for you, I will change my goal to 229! I will even change my TICKER!

WOHOOO! OH and Cecil, No pizza, I promise!!

Michie, YAY! I need a cheerleader... Now can you come sit on my refigerator??

BarbaraB
01-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Wow, It took me all morning to catch up on posts since I left on Friday.

I had my little surgery thingie. Not fun, but at least it is over and I'm feeling not too bad. I was told to not exercise for a few days, so I thought I would be extra careful over the weekend, but sitting around bored with PMS is just not exactly the prescription for being good. I have successfully cleared my house of any and all bad food (by eating the small bit that was left in the house after the holidays). Oh well, back on plan, back to doing what I know I need to do to keep it off.

Dan, How long of a triatholon is he talking about? Not all of them sound horribly grueling. They do say exercise is one the key ingredients for people who manage to maintain their weight loss long term.

Hi all you chatty gals. Liza it is really nice to see you posting regularly again. We can all do this, it just takes persistence and getting back on plan repeatedly (I only wish I did not have the going off plan quite so often)

Debbie24
01-14-2008, 04:32 PM
Oh wow you've all been busy.

Dan - i think you should do it, you definitely can and its something to keep you motivated on working out. Oh and eww on the smelly fridge. LOL.

Kim - I totally think you can get to 230lbs by your DS birthday, just stay focused.

Cecilia - HI!!

Amy - You've come so far, just a few lbs to go. You can do it!!

Liza - GL on the WI

Stacy - Congrats!!

Congrats to all the losers, i know there was alot today.

cecil
01-14-2008, 04:32 PM
Barbara glad to hear everything went well! Hope you have a POP week!

Katy66
01-14-2008, 04:46 PM
Just checking back in before I'm off to my crazy week of stuff. Hope to check in at least once or twice over the next few days and I'll be posting my COD weigh in on Friday.... Good luck to everyone!!!!!!!!!

lizababe
01-14-2008, 06:21 PM
Hey Barbara - I forgot to tell you I love the new avatar! Finally we see your face!!!!

Sclae was up at COD too :-( only half a lb but still. I'm still very painfully bloated today and it is not TOM. The counselor said later this week we can adjust things if we need to on my plan. I don't react well to starches.

Now hopefully the worst of everything is over. I'm still POP and going to take Buster out for his run tonight which will be therapy for both of us.

amylou7777
01-14-2008, 07:13 PM
Hi guys! Still gotta catch up on today's posts. I've been POP so far today since I brought all my food to school today (class til 830). Hoping to see the scale back down today!

Barbara- glad you made it through your operation ok.

Hi Michelle!!

Kimberly- umm, I KNOW you are going to be at 230 WELL before your son's bday! You are almost there and are doing SO great! Think of how many miles you've walked since last week!? Keep it up girl!

Hi Amy, time to get refocused!! You've come SO far- don't let if slip away-get back on plan for 2 days and see how great you feel!

Liza- you make me miss SD so much! I used to listen to almost all of those stations.....so cool!

k-class time!

Heather115
01-14-2008, 08:48 PM
Hey everybody! I'm so bad at personals and there are so many that would need to be done that I'm going to take the easy way out and just not do ANY! :) Everybody's doing so well! And the ones who are struggling are still trying so hard - that's what matters! Don't give up!

I haven't seen a loss for 3 days straight now, but I think I must be PMSing because I'm suddenly starving! I was very satisfied all last week and have gone 10 straight POP, but last night and all day today, I've been hungry. So far, I haven't caved. Now that I'm all caught up on here, I think I'll go walk on the treadmill for awhile. That should take care of those hunger pains. Talk to you tomorrow!

Joni135
01-14-2008, 09:37 PM
LOL - I thought it was Tuesday and went to watch TBL show...my bad. I'm a day early. So I watched that Dance Wars show instead...it was pretty good.

Liza - I read your other post - "Stuffed" and all I could think was wow - is LAWL/Pure trying to make you eat more so it takes longer to lose and they get more money. It does sound like a ridiculous amount of food so I'd certainly have a talk with them.
I was sorry to hear about your kitty's condition and hope you can find out more about it. I'm way too familiar with canine cancer but no little about the mass cell tumors. Good luck with all that.

Paula - I'm going to have to check out those treadmill workouts...cool. Bob Greene said today (on Oprah) that we all need to get moving....we know that though, right everyone???

Nicole - great, now it's stuck in my head!
"hey now, you're a popstar, get your game on....go play........"

Dan - there are all sorts of triathalons...you can totally do it and it will be fun! I think a triathalon would be way more fun than a marathon...you have the workout variety....and I'm sure it's something you have on your Bucket List (or at least you should!). I did a marathon for my 40th. I probably should find something unique to do in my 50s.

Angie - bundle of feline fur, eh....that sounds so cute!

Hi Cecil - did you have a POP day? You have a very serious avatar....are you watching me?

Congratulations Stacey on the baby news- of course you can stick around and keep up with all our chitter chatter and helpful tips. I actually have a friend who ate much healthier when she got pregnant and didn't gain any weight (she had a lot to lose).

Becky - you have to just keep on going. You can do it! A while back I read something that said, "I don't really want to go to work, but I have to, and I go." Just tell yourself you have to be good. There is no other option. Right now I am starving for no real reason. Instead of going through the pantry I'm here typing and telling myself to forget about it. Not only do I have no exchanges left, but it's also almost bedtime and I'm doing the 'no eating 2 hours before bed' thingie that all the diet tips tell you to do. Hang in there and focus on why you want this!

Alannah - your new program sounds interesting and sometimes you just have to mix it up...I know I do. Keep posting and let us know how it goes for you.

Welcome back Sara ---

Tuesday - great job on the spay event! The numbers are staggaring and you deserve a big pat on the back. Are you a vet? And why the name Tuesday Cool?

For all you pizza eaters, don't forget to blot your pizza slice before you eat it. I can't remember how much it helps, but it really soaks up the bad fat.

Sorry to add to the long set of posts, but I had time tonight.

Tuesday Cool
01-14-2008, 10:05 PM
Dan, I was thinking of training for a family triathlon "Tri for Fun" at my YMCA. They let you walk instead of run and you can do the sections in the order best suited for your style. The swim section is in a pool so it is safe.
I figure why not! How bad could it be? I just got to start moving!

Angie
01-14-2008, 10:48 PM
Dan......nothing is ever too rich for me. It doesn't matter how long I stay OP, I have a stomach of steel. Not really a good thing.
Me too, I wish I could ever find something too rich...sigh.

About the People magazine article, I did find it at People online, I'm not sure if it was the full story, but it was really good! I love the 'theme song' you've got running through your head. I'll hum it to myself the next time I'm tempted to go off plan.

Barbara -- Glad your procedure went okay. Do you feel fully recovered now?

Heather -- Hang in there. As Nicole said, it's so hard to stay POP when you're not seeing the results, but it will pay off soon.

Don't forget to update your weight on the weigh in thread for those who WI on Mondays.

bayoubelle68
01-14-2008, 11:11 PM
Hey, guys. Our field trip to the symphony today was awesome! We took 130 second graders and only 8 of them fell asleep during the performance!! :) The rest were so well-behaved and just completely enraptured with the whole thing. It was great!

DH is out of town until tomorrow and I really don't do well without him here. I just miss him so much! The kids are pitiful - DD cried and wanted her daddy at bedtime! DS wanted to call him and tell him that he killed a fly - they will do ANYTHING to get to call him! It's sweet.

Dan - I think you could totally do a tri. I know I've mentioned it a couple of times, but DH has completed nearly three dozen triathlons (both sprint and Olympic distance). He completed every one of them while weighing well over 300 pounds. In fact, he weighed around 350 when he did his first one. He hasn't done one in a little over a year, but is planning to do several in the spring - and is stoked about competing at under 300 this time around. You are not sedentary or overweight, so you'll have a leg up on a lot of beginners. DH wrote a book about his training experiences called "When Big Boys Tri" and we've shipped it to readers all over the world! Because of his book, he was featured in a news story on CBS a couple of years ago and just this fall, was featured in an issue of Scientific American. (Can you tell I'm incredibly proud of him??!) One site you really need to check out is www.BeginnerTriathlete.com. DH was one of the founders of the site. There are TONS of great links, support, training guides, etc. on the site. DH wrote a very popular training schedule on the site Michael Pate's Total Sprint - it's a 22-week plan for going from the basics to competing in your first sprint triathlon.

Alright, I'm off to sort through the photos that we took last weekend at a Mardi Gras ball. I have to make sure everybody's orders are packaged correctly. Man! I'm sleepy! But, alas! No rest for the weary!

dolphn545
01-15-2008, 07:04 AM
Good Morning Everybody! :wave:

You guys sure have been busy posting -- it's hard to keep up!! I started reading yesterday when I got home from work, but I was exhausted! I can't keep up anymore ...

I'm going to (attempt to) do some personals, that is until my teens start fighting again as they get ready for school ...

Liza - Glad you're back OP! Your job sounds exciting! A bit of an early start, but exciting.

Sara - :welcome: back!

Debbie24 - WTG on your loss!! :dancer: :dance:

Dan - hope your ankle is feeling better. Now for a stupid question - what is a triathalon? (I know, I lead a sheltered life ...)

Stacy - CONGRATS!! I am SOO happy for you!

Alannah - I hope you continue to post. Good luck with your new plan. I don't have a COD anymore, and I'm currently between plans, and trying to combine. Not sure if it's working too well or not yet, but the evil scale will soon tell ...

Paula - Coongrats on your loss! :dance: :dancer:

As for me, well, I have not had any soda for a few days now -- Thursday maybe. I've been drinking my water. Since I'm combining plans to try to lose, I've cut way down on starches too. Purposeful starches I should say, because the bars and drinks I'm having have starch/carbs in them.

To Everyone else :wave:

Here's to a great POP day!! :cheers: I'm off today, so I will be checking in more!! :)

bayoubelle68
01-15-2008, 07:20 AM
Dolphn - I'll jump in here and answer that. A triathlon is a sport in which an athlete swims, bikes, and runs consecutively. The distances vary, but a typical sprint tri is a 1/2 mile swim, 13 mile bike, and a 5K run. An olympic-distance tri is about a mile swim, 25 mile bike and a 10K run. The Big Daddy is the Iron Man Triathlon which is a 2.5-mile swim, 112-mile bike, and a full marathon (26.2-mile run). There are lots of other distances, but those are the most-commonly seen in the sport.

dolphn545
01-15-2008, 07:26 AM
Thanks Felicia!

Angie
01-15-2008, 08:37 AM
Felicia -- I find both you and your DH amazing! I can't believe all the different things you guys have going on, or have accomplished.

Dolphn -- Way to go on giving up soda, that stuff will kill any diet, not to mention your stomach!

ChocLabLover
01-15-2008, 08:39 AM
Morning Everyone!

Dan-I think that is great that you want to try and do a triathlon. It is great to have something to work towards. My goal is by the summer to be be fit enough to try Karate. I currently do Kickboxing at a Martial Arts studio so I want to try incorporate more of that into my routine.

Here is a silly question-there seems to be a lot of LA centres shutting down. Are they being bought out or not doing well? Just trying to anticipate if I can expect that to happen here.

michie
01-15-2008, 08:40 AM
Good morning boys and girls! I am happy to report that I got back on the work out wagon last night and it was great! I ate POP, too! Today will be the same... so I should be down in no time! Woo Hoo!

I have to speed to work (hope no one here is a cop!) so I will definitely check in later! Have a POP morning! :)

lizababe
01-15-2008, 09:03 AM
No cops in here that I know of Michie so your secret is safe with us. I might mention it on the radio that this girl Michelle is now speeding into work on this highway and be on the lookout for her but that's as far as I'll go.... ;)

So two days POP and exercising... home sclae shows me up again and the highest I've ever been. :( Think I might have to take another trip to COD today and change things up a bit.

I hope everyone is having a great day! Someone has already snapped at me this morning. I told him I'm sorry but "Be A Random Jerk To Liza Day" was yesterday. He'll have to get in line and wait until next Monday.

MomOfThreeTeens
01-15-2008, 09:08 AM
LOL Liza you go girl!!!

Joni135
01-15-2008, 09:16 AM
Morning all -

Felicia - if my DH did all that, I'd be bragging too. His big accomplishment is that he is a semi-professional yoyo man....seriously! His license plate even says Yoyo Man!

Liza - I am so going to use your line -- too too funny!
I told him I'm sorry but "Be A Random Jerk To Liza Day" was yesterday. He'll have to get in line and wait until next Monday.

The Tri for Fun at the Y sounds like fun. I think if I could decide I would want to run, bike and anything other than swim...what other options are there. I cannot rollerblade???

Morning Mama Nicole - what's on your agenda today?

Juliemarie - I checked out your blog the other day and I just love all your stories and pictures of Josie. What a transformation in that little girl. She tugs at my heart so I can only imagine what she does to you!

Some of you know about the weight challenge my county is doing and that I have a team of myself and four friends (Diminishing Divas) that are participating. This is a first time event for the county and they had to have five teams to run the program. Yesterday, we got an email that they actually got 34 teams to participate and, therefore, the prizes are bigger and better and more of them...I'm so excited. In addition, Gold's Gym is giving all of us participating in the challenge a free membership for the duration fo the challenge (about 4 months) and a free session with a trainer tomorrow. Although I already have a membership, I'm going to take advantage of this one too just to mix it up. It's close to my house too so that's good. I have NO excuse, do I.

Okay - work awaits. Be good; plan your food day; quit eating 2 hours before you go to bed and eat your fruits and veggies!

KrispieD
01-15-2008, 09:17 AM
Morning All
Hubby and I joined a gym yesterday so will be working out on days the girls are in school. Very excited about and getting that ticker to where it should be!.. and then keeping it there! Will check in more later but try to slow the posts down today so I can keep up!!!

Heather115
01-15-2008, 09:37 AM
Good morning everybody!

Liza - I'm so glad you're back! Your posts always make me laugh or at least smile! That's never a bad thing. Hope your kitty's okay.

Angie - How's Cameron's little arm/shoulder/collarbone issue? Are you still waiting on him hand and foot?

Michie - Slow down! I've reformed from my speeding ways after getting a $132 ticket last fall in a construction zone. It had been lined with those silly orange barrels for like two years and not much had been done in the way of construction. After awhile, I just didn't notice them anymore and certainly didn't notice the 45 MPH signs (on the interstate! Nobody goes 45 on the interstate!). Unfortunately, the little motorcycle cop hiding in the shadows of the overpass did notice that I was going 71 MPH and decided it was time to remind me. (Still haven't gotten the nerve up to mention that one to the DH.) I saw the cop there regularly for a couple weeks after that, but the city apparently gave up on all the other folks that zip through there going at least as fast as I was, if not faster. Oh well. However, I know the point was that I could have caused an accident and believe me, forking over $132 and getting 6 points on my license was enough deterrent to slow me down.

Dan - go for the tri, man. I'm not much of an athlete myself, but I sure admire folks that do stuff like that. Sounds like Felicia and her hubby would be a great resource for you too.

Joni - good luck to your Diminishing Divas. You should get them on the board with us. We are the most encouraging bunch alive!!

I borrowed Mom's treadmill for a month with the intention of seeing if I will really use it like I think I would before starting a campaign to buy one (again). You know what I mean - it's so easy to say "if only we had a treadmill, then I'd exercise more..." but then when it's there, it collects dust. So before shelling out several hundred bucks for one, I thought I'd do a test run with Mom's. We got it set up on Saturday and I've walked twice since then. More surprisingly, my DDs (10 and 14) are using it daily! DH said he wants to use it too. It's still early, but if this continues for a month, then treadmill shopping we will go!

I could stay on here all day, but that's what got me in trouble before and kept me off the board for several months. I AM at work and they DO pay me to actually WORK so I'd better get off here and get busy. Big Brother is watching! LOL

Take care all!

Mama Nicole
01-15-2008, 09:47 AM
Hi friends!!! This is what I like......this is how this board was when I first signed up........flying at lightening speed so that I barely had time to read it. It creates a lot of positive energy......and this is GOOD!!!

Don't worry about it if you don't have time for personals.........do what you can. This board was designed to give you hope, encouragement, inspiratoin, support, a place to vent......etc......but not, and I repeat, NOT guilt. So, if you have time and/or feel so inclined...........do personals........if you don't........noone expects you too :) We are all here for each other, in whatever capacity we can be :) And girls, and Dan and Jason.............everyone is really working hard lately. I am so proud of us. Keep up the good work!!!

And Kristen.......GO PACK GO!!!!!!!

Have a great POP day everyone :)
XOXO

Dan2112
01-15-2008, 09:54 AM
Hey, guys. Our field trip to the symphony today was awesome! We took 130 second graders and only 8 of them fell asleep during the performance!! :) The rest were so well-behaved and just completely enraptured with the whole thing. It was great!

DH is out of town until tomorrow and I really don't do well without him here. I just miss him so much! The kids are pitiful - DD cried and wanted her daddy at bedtime! DS wanted to call him and tell him that he killed a fly - they will do ANYTHING to get to call him! It's sweet.

Dan - I think you could totally do a tri. I know I've mentioned it a couple of times, but DH has completed nearly three dozen triathlons (both sprint and Olympic distance). He completed every one of them while weighing well over 300 pounds. In fact, he weighed around 350 when he did his first one. He hasn't done one in a little over a year, but is planning to do several in the spring - and is stoked about competing at under 300 this time around. You are not sedentary or overweight, so you'll have a leg up on a lot of beginners. DH wrote a book about his training experiences called "When Big Boys Tri" and we've shipped it to readers all over the world! Because of his book, he was featured in a news story on CBS a couple of years ago and just this fall, was featured in an issue of Scientific American. (Can you tell I'm incredibly proud of him??!) One site you really need to check out is www.BeginnerTriathlete.com. DH was one of the founders of the site. There are TONS of great links, support, training guides, etc. on the site. DH wrote a very popular training schedule on the site Michael Pate's Total Sprint - it's a 22-week plan for going from the basics to competing in your first sprint triathlon.

Alright, I'm off to sort through the photos that we took last weekend at a Mardi Gras ball. I have to make sure everybody's orders are packaged correctly. Man! I'm sleepy! But, alas! No rest for the weary!

Wow Felicia.. That's really inspiring.. I'm going to have keep that in mind as I make my decision.. It's not just an "in shape" thing for me.. This spring is going to be really busy for me, so I'm concerned I won't be able to dedicate enough time to getting ready.. But I guess that's just an excuse..

I'll check out that website today.. Thanks!!

Morning all!!

Tuesday Cool
01-15-2008, 09:57 AM
Joni, I am a registered veterinary technician (RVT) essentially a RN for animals. I run the spay clinic for Santa Barbara County Animals Services. I also over see health and welfare issues for the strays who come in and some times go out to evaluate for abuse cases.
This is an annual event we do to try to keep the numbers of breeding feral and stay cats down in the county. By doing this we limit the number of stay moms and kittens during the spring and summer. Plus the cats have happier, healthier lives. Less animals equals less crowding, less disease, and less euthanasia. Win win all the way around. It just takes weeks to plan and days to recover. T

smjezzy
01-15-2008, 10:20 AM
Greetings Pilgrams! I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend, I did. I got my carpet cleaned. Yes, I do live on the edge!

Diet is not going well, I had a dr appt yesterday and I'm back up to 9 lbs shy of when I started this. On a positive note I finally talked her into reducing another of my meds. This one causes weight gain so I'm hoping that will give my body the little extra boost it obviously needs. That's 2 meds reduced since starting LAWL, I think that alone is great. I will just have to remain positive about the other changes until I can get my weight loss going again.

Planning another POP day. This week I have all day meetings 2 days in a row where they provide food. One day is generally Jason's Deli which I can work around but the other is a crap shoot. I have healthy choice meals in the freezer just in case!

Have a fantastic day everyone and here's to another POP week for all!

bradleys mom
01-15-2008, 11:01 AM
Good Morning everyone! I hope everyone slept well! DS let me sleep in a little, so I am great.. Now I have to clean the house, ughhh...

Okay I had to edit this due to some, umm, scale/body malfunctions... I am down to 235.8 for the first time during this weightloss journey!

Dan and Jason, you guys sure are lucky not to have to battle this demon once a month!!

JLem311
01-15-2008, 11:02 AM
hey everyone. just thought i'd check in and say hi. hope everyone has a great day.

bradleys mom
01-15-2008, 11:05 AM
Hi Jillian!!:coffee2:

amylou7777
01-15-2008, 11:07 AM
Hi guys! Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday.

Unfortunately, my body REALLY likes 240 bc I am back up this morning. I am trying so hard not to get down about it, but it's just really frustrating bc I am SO sick of that number! I don't even have TOM to blame for this one! I've started exercising again since last week and I'm hoping that my body is just adjusting to the new routine.

Anway, I hope you ALL keep up the good work! I know this plan works and I'm going to stick to it!

Off to get a workout in and get some reading done before class!

amylou7777
01-15-2008, 11:08 AM
Yay for 236 Kimberly!

Tues- I have a ton of family in SB county! Thanks for controlling the pet population-you have such an important job!

cecil
01-15-2008, 11:53 AM
Hi Everyone!
Joni, yes I had a pop day but I can't say exactly the same for my weekend. Which obviously showed at my WI today I was up .8 Dang it! I was soo bummed.
I am glad that everyone else is doing well!

Amylou i know how you feel I am stuck at this weight right now and it is bumming me out! I am doing TO thursday and friday I can't take this anymore! Ha!

Morning Kim Good job on the loss! You are so close to your goal!

Hi Jillian!

Nicole I agree I like it when the board is busy! Sometimes I can't keep up but I like to read the posts of those who can! And I definately like to see all your bright happy faces!

Hope everyone has a POP day!

StevenBensMom
01-15-2008, 11:58 AM
Hi All...popping in quick after catching up...boy what a chatty bunch lately! Great job to everyone with losses...everyone else just keep POP and you know it will happen. I have given the scale to dh to hide so that I can't obsess about it every day and just keep trying to focus on how much better I feel when I am POP. It also helps that dh has started trying to do this with me, it sure does help when we are on the same page.

OK...better get back to work...have a GREAT POP Day everyone! :dizzy:

dolphn545
01-15-2008, 12:05 PM
Kim - Congrats on your loss! :dancer: :dance:

okie in il
01-15-2008, 12:24 PM
Good morning all. :wave:

Dan, Amy, Cecilia, Angie & Joni - Thanks for the encouragement & lectures yesterday. It's nice to remember that I'm not in this alone. You would think that since I've been doing this a year, I would be able to handle it on my own, but I can't. Yesterday I had my first POP day in quite some time. :carrot::cheer2: And so far so good today. Hopefully I'll be back down to my ticker weight by the end of the week.

Hope everyone has a POP day today.

Angie
01-15-2008, 12:36 PM
Heather – Cameron is doing pretty well. He also has a cold, so he’s stayed home with DH for the last two days. He’s definitely being spoiled with both the cold and the arm issue. We are headed back to the orthopaedic surgeon tomorrow since Cam fell and hurt his arm last Friday. They are going to check for further damage. It does feel a little futile though since they’ve already told me they can’t put a cast on it due to the location. Thanks for asking!

Shannon – That’s great news about having to take fewer meds. It sounds like you’ve got a great back up plan for the mystery lunch. I keep a couple of slim downs at the office, just in case.

Kimberly – Fantastic! Finally your hard work paid off. I remember that you were frustrated when we first put up the WI thread, so this is super-great news. PS – Dan and Jason are both married, so I’m sure they DO battle that same demon every month…just in a different way…lol. :rolleyes:

Jillian – Hey there! What’s new in SD?

Amylou – I’d attribute it to the change in your activity level too. If you are still a POP star and exercising, you just know that’s gonna pay off in another few days or a week.

Nicole – How is your dress business going? I just shared your site with a few of my mommy-friends from another online group…they were just crazy about them.

Becky – :bravo: Love the positive attitude! You can totally do this, it’s not off limits or out of reach to you. You are the one who decides, and you can make it happen. :hug:

lizababe
01-15-2008, 01:45 PM
Hiya again everyone. Got through the morning shift without anymore altercations. I'm glad I could make some people laugh - humor is all I have as a weapon on some days though I know if I didn't hold back I could unleash a verbal lashing that would make Osama Bin Laden call a truce. It's either laugh or cry... or drink a lot. I'm on the LA Express with no booze for 4 weeks so laughter it is....

I hope everyone is having a great afternoon so far (though it's still morning here) and I'm sorry for all of those who are stuck on the sclae. The last time I did this I lost weight so quickly in the first week that it's frustrating to see it going back up so soon after TO. Again, I'll see if they'll make some adjustments tomorrow for me to my plan. In the meantime I have one more birthday meal to get through and I did check out the menu in advance to the place where my friend is treating me. Claim Jumper. The meals are HUGE. I know the one time I was there before I took home a doggie bag that fed me for a couple of days. Knowing this in advance I think will help me. They have a very good looking salmon lunch that isn't anymore expensive than the rest of the meals so I won't feel bad ordering it on her tab and will still be on plan. Whew!

Speaking of doggie bags.. I have a hungry one here. I just got back from the grocery store and got everything except for brown rice... I cook his food for him with meat, brown rice and veggies. Now I have to find something else to mix in with his chicken livers because I am not going back to that store! And yes, my pets are spoiled. I'm aware of that :)

Kimphin
01-15-2008, 01:59 PM
Hi everyone! I have been super busy at work, and DH has been mucking around with our home computer, so I haven't been able to log on in a few days. Uh - and now I find that I am like 325 pages behind!!!!

Doing a TO yesterday and today - it's going pretty well. It's funny, as much as I dread it, I find that the first day and a half are OK. It is tonight when I will be ready to kill for something other than protein/greens!

Dan - I'm sure that you will be able to do the triathalon, if you make sure you train properly! Good luck if you do go for it - we want to hear all about it. I could do the swim and cycling, but the running would kill me. Even in my skinny days I hated running unless someone was chasing me with a big stick. (do you old-timers recall my '******ed chicken on the treadmill' analogy? it's true)

I worked out last night for the first time since starting this job, and now I can't lift my arms over my head. My hair looks like a dead yak on my head.

Joni - let me know how you like Golds gym. My old gym used to be on my way home from my old job, and now it's really out of the way. There is a Golds literally around the corner from my house, which will be great, but I don't want to join if it is a musclehead place. They have Body Pump classes, which I love, so I may just try it out.

OK, gotta go!

michie
01-15-2008, 02:10 PM
Hello everyone!

Liza- You are too funnY! You tell those meanies at work where to stick it! Ha!

Cecilia- Don't sweat your gain. You know that not being POP will do that, so just forgive yourself and go from there. Do a little extra exercising today and you'll be fine. AND DRINK YOUR WATER!!! It has helped me a lot when I know I'm not being POP.

Amy- I know how you feel! I lingered in the 240's for the longest! I'd go down, then back up, then down... I think you know what I mean! My advice is... WATER! It helped me start moving down again. Now I have to take my own advice so I get start moving down again!

Kimberly- Woo Hoo!!! 235! Yeah! Go Kim! You are doing so great, you'll be at 229 in no time! :carrot:

Heather- OMG! Lol! I am afraid everyday I go to work that it'll be the day I get pulled over and get a ticket. It hasn't happened yet, but the irony is that I'm speeding to get to work on time... if I get stopped I will be soooooooo late! I open the place, so I'm kind of a big deal. :D Sorry you got a ticket though. I'll try to slow down just for you!

So far my day is going swell! I have been good and I am about to do a BL DVD. Then back to work! Yay! Hope everyone is managing to stay POP as well! You can do it!

Dan2112
01-15-2008, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the encouragement y'all. I appreciate it!

LizzyW
01-15-2008, 03:24 PM
Wow you guys. I started reading on page one, got to page 3 and said this is taking to long, so decided to just post instead. You guys are so chatty.

Stacy - Congratulations!! How exciting. Good luck and please keep us posted.

I am still here and still struggling to keep on plan. TOM came last week and I have been constantly hungry. Anyone else get like that? It never seemed to be this bad before. Very strange. I have gone up to 172 but WI today and back down to 170. I really have to have a swift kick in the butt. Anyway, wanted to check in and let everyone know I am still here and working on getting on more often. I promised Dan I wouldn't sit at my desk all day working, but take little breaks.

Talk with you all later. Congrats to all the loser and POPpers.
Liz

zambejaly5
01-15-2008, 03:55 PM
Liz-- I get hungery the week before TOM. Last week I was starving!!!but this week I am fine.

AMERICAN IDOL starts tonight! there is a kid from my kids High School that gets a ticket to Hollywood..... other than that I don't know how he is doing. not sure if he made it passed hollywood week or not. And I am not sure which Audition City he was in either. But be watching for a boy from Bentonville, AR!

Also Biggest Looser couples tonight. I am not sure if I am liking the couple thing or not......

It is so nice to get days off work, but going back is rough. my whole body is aching! I got my first paycheck today though. It wasn't quite as small as I was thinking it would be so that was nice.

Well kids get home in 45 min, and I want to just go veg for a while before they get here!

catch you all later

Mama Nicole
01-15-2008, 05:58 PM
I love AI!!!

equinetcan
01-15-2008, 06:22 PM
Another day - another 23 cm of snow. We can't win. At least this time it was the light fluffy stuff so it was easy to move. The roads this morning however were nasty as most of it came down overnight and then was blowing around today.

Not much new to report from here. Went back to work today after a long weekend.

I hope tonight TBL isn't pre-empted again with election stuff. If it is I may have to stay up and try and be awake long enough to watch it on the later time on the dish. It would mean having to stay up till 1 am but at least I wouldn't have to listen to speeches like last week.

Well, must go and see what else is going on around here...be back later...

BarbaraB
01-15-2008, 06:37 PM
Liz, I seem to have one day a month where the carbohydrate cravings are like I'm an addict in the throes of detox. Oh and I also seem to be unable to avoid things drenched in salt. Then after the salty and carby food, the next day I feel so bloated! Oh well...

Lettie, how exciting to have someone you sort of know in the AI competition. Sometimes you forget how young they all are and a lot of the contestents are high school students in real life. Perhaps the TBL couple things will seem more compelling as you get to know the contestent better.

Michie, I think I'll go and get some water, as you are right. It really helps to make you feel better.

cecil
01-15-2008, 06:43 PM
Michie thanks for the positive attitude sometimes I forget how much I need that! Sounds like everyone is having a good day! Hi to everyone else!
Stay POP!

lizababe
01-15-2008, 07:00 PM
Liza - I read your other post - "Stuffed" and all I could think was wow - is LAWL/Pure trying to make you eat more so it takes longer to lose and they get more money. It does sound like a ridiculous amount of food so I'd certainly have a talk with them..

You know Joni, I was on fitday.com today looking at all of the foods I've been eating and how many calories it is. Seems like A LOT to me but when I did some research on low-calorie diets and the formula to figure out how much you'd have to take in to maintain and lose, it really is right there in that formula.

I just wonder if my body is going up on the sclae because it's not used to a healthy amount of calories. Once again, I've never been a good eater. Before I started back OP I was probably taking in 1000-1500 calories on a daily average putting myself into starvation mode I'm sure. So I'll stick with it and see if I adjust.

AJinTN
01-15-2008, 07:54 PM
Good evening everyone!
The posts are coming so fast I can't keep up and won't even attempt to be personal here, but I'm excited about TBL tonight so I thought I would at least jump on and say hello:)

Congrats to all of you who have had a loss, and for those of you who are stuck a bit just hang in there. It will happen.

Since I started back two weeks ago I'm down 6lbs, which is good, but have been stuck here at 163 since Friday, so I'm starting to get to that point where I get irritated. I'm holding on though, no point in worrying yet.

I picked up my pedometer again last week and am aiming for 10k+ steps a day. Since it's so cold here tonight, I vow to walk up and down the stairs in my house 3 times during each TBL commercial. That should add on some steps. Anything left to get to 10k after that will be spent on the dog's evening potty break. (This is my plan for the next two hours - watching TV, walking the stairs, and hoping that my dog goes potty quickly so I don't freeze out there - now that it's all typed-out, it's pretty sad)

Oh well, here's to seeing 162-somethin' tomorrow morning!

Oh yeah, my DH who is 'sorta' following the plan, is down 10lbs. grrrrr

BarbaraB
01-15-2008, 09:09 PM
Liza, Perhaps they need to add back calories to your life more slowly. I imagine that exercise might be especially important for you to get your metabolism geared up to burn some calories off.

AJ, Don't get discouraged yet! You are doing great. You won't see results everyday. It has only been a couple of days since Friday. My DH decided he needed to lose 5 pounds, was sort of good for a day and was already down half that amount! Men just lose weight much easier than women. My dad once cut out candy bars at work for 2 weeks and lost 15 pounds. I wonder to this day exactly how many candy bars was he eating at work!

Cecil, I'm sure you are destined to be a POPstar and dazzle us all with your losses here very soon.

Nicole, I actually was reaching for the muffins and the song Hey Now You're a POPstar... came into my mind and I stopped opening the baked goods box... so see getting a silly tune stuck in your head is good for you.

Shannon, I'm glad to see you back and hope that someday soon you can be off all your meds. Have you been back to the gym?

Alannah, I am intrigued by your program, since it sounds like a very good one. We still want to hear about how you are doing though. How is the new promotion going?

I hope everyone else is at one with their POPness. I enjoy reading the posts from each and every one of you, but I'm really bad at names.

I am going to get back on the exercise wagon tomorrow, as the doctor said not to do anything strenous or lift anything heavy for awhile, but I think I can start walking with no problems.

Joni135
01-15-2008, 09:14 PM
Hi Barbara - we were posting at the same time!

so good to see Liz posting and Kim!
I went to a class at the gym tonight. Great instructor. I stood right behind her during class and she had a body I would die for...muscles and a pefect bum!

Kim - I've heard good things from others about Golds Gym. They just don't have a lot of locations so I stick with a gym that is easier to get to LA Fitness. I pay $27 a month and that's my limit. Thankfully, I think I get my money's worth.

Oh Liza - I used to cook chicken, brown rice, and broccoli for Charlie boy. I had to add it to dry food since it would cost a fortune to feed two dogs all real food, but they sure liked their chicken additive. I have some brown rice in my cupboard, but that won't help you. I've been to the Claim Jumper in San Bernardino and I do recall the huge portions! I'm so hungry, I need to stop this food talk!

Nicole - I just checked your fitday...it says you haven't eaten since November! LOL.........what are you crocheting? I guess I missed that chapter of your life.

I'm watching TBL. Sometimes I really like it and then sometimes it's annoying. I like Bette Sue and Jillian's confrontation about "are you going to die?" It made me laugh and I think Bette Sue is a good character on this season's show. I worked out at the gym last Thursday and it took me three days to recover. I swear I could not move half of my body parts. How do the Biggest Loser contestants do it? I don't see them getting massages or soaking in Epson Salt every night, but that would be what I would have to do to get back in the workout game each day. What's the trick???

Mama Nicole
01-15-2008, 09:32 PM
Joni........not eating.......yeah, that's me :lol: I have been crocheting EVERYTHING. It is something I pick up every now and then, usually in the winter......but this year, I can't seem to get enough. Currently, I have an afgan for me, a poncho for a friend, a sweater for the neighbor's baby due in May, and a hat and scarf for my sister going. I just switch it up every other day or so, so I don't get bored......cuz it takes forever. My brain works wayyyy tooooo fast for my hands. :lol: I do eventually finish my projects......sometimes it just takes a while. Maybe I have ADD :) How is your diva contest comming along?

Ok, time to chill...........with my smoothie........:lol:. I didn't even plan that one.

Oh, Barbara........glad I could help with my annoying tunes!!! I think the song center in my brain is hyper-active........cuz anytime anyone says just about any phrase.....a song comes to my mind. It's almost like a disorder :lol:

Ok, really have to go........AI is awaiting me :)
XOXO
Be one with your POP tm

BarbaraB
01-15-2008, 09:39 PM
Joni, I think most of them their "trick" is being really young, but this time there are some oldies in there.... I have been humbled as an old person more than once by going and working out with my DD. OH to be 18 and again and to abuse your body and get away with it..... Hi back... I better go home... as if I don't my DH will start "cooking" and lord knows what he might decide is a good diet food.

ferrarimomof2
01-15-2008, 10:12 PM
Hi everyone,

I just thought that I would check in. I am doing better since the surgery on Friday. I have not been staying on plan even though I had planned it out so I could. I can't open my mouth very much and I am still taking the pain meds. This is a very painful thing. I got on the scale today and it says I have lost weight. I have been drinking a slim down shake once a day and eating sugar free jello and chocolate ice cream. I figure it can't hurt me to bad since I can't eat very much any way. I am going to try and stick to my plan tomorrow not sure how that will go. Since my plan consisted of mainly liquids. I didn't realize the effect swelling has on your jaws. Well, I better go I need to get some meds and go to bed. I'll try to check in tomorrow.

Debbie24
01-15-2008, 10:55 PM
Hi everyone!! :)

Didnt get to read much today and it seems like you all have been chatting alot. TBL tonight was interesting. Geez it was so hard to choose between american idol and TBL but i switched back and forth and watched most of TBL. I'm not really happy the white team went home but gosh Neill is such a slacker, his wife worked so hard tho and i feel sorry for her. At times i asked myself "how did she end up with him?". Oh well.

Joni - I exercised a bit yesterday and i cant move half my body. :dizzy:. My legs are killing me and that was just one day i have no idea how they do it on TBL. I'm walking around dragging my feet because its so painful to more my legs, hopefully tomorrow they wont hurt at all.

Nicole - you are hilarious!

Goodnight everyone, see you all tomorrow.

bradleys mom
01-15-2008, 11:28 PM
AGHHH! DH took away my scale!!! He said I was obsessed!! What to do?!?

lizababe
01-15-2008, 11:43 PM
Joni- I actually find it much cheaper and healthier for Buster and the kitties to cook it all. I get meat that is reduced and about to expire for them and they get a lot of chicken livers that are really cheap. They LOVE them. I was spending about $200 a month on food for the three that really, was making them sick! Now I spend maybe $40 a month and no more UTI's or diarrhea! The one cat (with the ookie paw) still prefers his Friskies so I get that just for him. Buster and Champagne are both very happy to eat out of the same bowl and have the home cooked goodies! Oliver's paw is still not looking so hot. The vet though the tumor might fall off on it's own but he won't leave it alone. I do know that Mast Cell Tumors aren't as bad on cats as they are on dogs and are usually benign. The problem is getting this cat to hold still for a vet. He does NOT like to be held and causes a huge commotion when he's in there. I think it's wishful thinking on the vet's part and something will have to be done because it is getting worse. I'm going to try tomorrow night to hold him down and at least wrap it up with some gauze and antibiotic ointment so it can have a chance to heal.

Barbara - I think you're right. Today is a little better but I'm still very bloated from all of this. Hopefully tomorrow will be even better and I can wear at least jeans again!

Nicole- are you sure you can't knit? Someone needs to finish this project for me! I haven't touched it in a month and the baby is due in February!

Liz- Good to see you again! Hang in there!

Kimberly R- I know all too well that obsession with the scale. I knew I hadn't been looking at it enough when the pets stopped sitting on it. Now I'm weighing again in the morning when I get up, again when I get home, when I wake up from my nap and use the bathroom, then again when I get out of the shower. The cat runs and sits on the scale as fast as he can so I'll HAVE to pay attention to him. Maybe your husband is onto something.....

Ok there are more personals but I'm running out of steam. Time to go to bed. I'm a year older tomorrow. *sigh*

bayoubelle68
01-16-2008, 12:13 AM
Hey, guys! I am normally not awake at this late hour, but I've been up cleaning - story of my life! DH was out of town Monday and all of today. He arrived home around 8:00 PM and told me that his boss is coming tomorrow. ACK!! Yes, the house was just clean on Saturday when the grandparents came to bring DS's presents, but it had already gotten bad again - especially the kitchen. I've got to get back with the FlyLady!! I am finished now, thank goodness. DH had to get into bed as soon as the kids were asleep. He thinks he may have a stomach bug - feels really queasy (or "queasled" as DD says!) and light-headed. I hope he's not getting the flu. It's REALLY going around my school. One of the 3rd grade teachers had 9 kids out this morning! I had 3 out, but some others had lots of absent kids! One of my 2nd grade co-workers will be out tomorrow and really should have gone home today. She just felt rotten - achy, low-grade fever, etc. Everyone in my family had their flu shot, but with all these new strains, you never know.

Stacey - congratulations! What wonderful news! I pray that your pregnancy is a smooth and healthy one.

Nicole - I tend to crochet in the winter months, too. I think it's because it keeps my legs warm! I can only make afghans though. My aunt taught me to crochet (no small feat since I'm a leftie) and she only taught me one pattern. I don't know how to read crochet patterns, so all of my afghans have that same big zig-zag pattern!

Liza - I know I've already said this, but it's so good to have you back! I just love reading your posts! You always manage to make me smile.

Kimberly R. - DH took our scale (a really nice one just like at the doctor's office) to the storage building when we moved. I really need to go and get it. I just don't like to be surprised at my WI's!

One of my resolutions for this year is to make sure that our family sits down together at dinner every night. I had gotten into the habit of feeding the kids early and then eating with DH later. I just don't think that's good for the kids. So we've been doing great and eating together every night since the 1st. Both of my kids are great eaters in that they will eat pretty much anything I cook. They both LOVE spinach and ask for it at least once a week, so I'm lucky that healthy eating isn't a battle with them. The other night, we had grilled chicken, sauteed fresh green beans, and mashed potatoes. DS kept going on and on and on about those potatoes. Now granted, I haven't made mashed potatoes since we started this diet in June, but he just kept going on! "Mama, these are the best mashed potatoes in the world! Can I have more?" After his third serving, I had to cut him off. He excused himself from the table and as the two kids were walking into the living room, I heard him still talking about those potatoes to DD. The funny thing is: they weren't potatoes. They were cauliflower! That meant that DH and I could enjoy pretty much as much as we wanted of them, too, since they were a vegetable instead of a starch!

Yet another instance of my covert cooking!!

michie
01-16-2008, 01:17 AM
The funny thing is: they weren't potatoes. They were cauliflower!
Yet another instance of my covert cooking!!

Genius. :)

Prazteam
01-16-2008, 02:41 AM
Good Morning All! It's been a hard couple of days, thought I was suffering from allergies due to cleaning out closets on Sunday, but it seems like it's going into a sinus thing... headache, stopped up head (obviously not enough up there to prevent it!) YUK! (okay, that's enough wah wah from me!)
Down 12.5# since last Tue. Having a HARD time getting all the food in with my schedule. Seems like I'm always either on the road going to work when I need to be eating a meal or just getting to work... so then I put it off a "little while" and I get behind a meal.
Nicole - My mom taught me to crochet, knit, embroider, needlepoint, sew, etc... because back then (in the 1700's ?!?), women we supposed to be the sock menders and button sewers along with everything else! I'm glad she taught me though because in some ways it feels like it could become a lost art. She was really good at all three (thank goodness!) How's your business going?
Sorry I'm not doing more personals but I've got to go to bed sometime and the way my head feels, it isn't going to be a fun night.
Blessings from Betsy Ross! :)

Lynx
01-16-2008, 07:07 AM
Hi everyone!! :)

Didnt get to read much today and it seems like you all have been chatting alot. TBL tonight was interesting. Geez it was so hard to choose between american idol and TBL but i switched back and forth and watched most of TBL. I'm not really happy the white team went home but gosh Neill is such a slacker, his wife worked so hard tho and i feel sorry for her. At times i asked myself "how did she end up with him?". Oh well.

Debbie,
I am with you. How did she end up with him? He just seems unaware of what he was supposed to be doing. I guess he had not really watched the show before being on it.

Debbie, I have to tell you something. The other night I was having trouble sleeping and my mind was racing. You know what I mean. I just could not turn it off. Lots of little things. Anyway, at 3:00 am I thought I have to switch my mind to somthing else. What can I put in my brain to switch to something pleasant? All of a sudden, I thought Debbie's baby rolling around the floor and I kept thinking about him rolling and rolling and I got back to sleep. Thanks for telling us about him. All of your boys are adorable.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 64 lbs.
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs

Lynx
01-16-2008, 07:15 AM
AGHHH! DH took away my scale!!! He said I was obsessed!! What to do?!?

You think you are obsessed with your scale. I took my scale along with me on vacation in my packed luggage. If I don't take it along, I am out of touch and have to go to a store like KMart and try their scales out. Anyway, when I went to California in December I was going to be gone for 10 days, I put my scale in my big suitcase and wrapped in bubblewrap. I jumped on my scale holding my packed bag to see how much the packed suitcase weighed before I put the scale into it and I knew that it was within a few lbs of the limit, 50 lbs. I got to the airport and they had a scale sitting there to use to check the weight of your bag and the scale registered 50.5 lbs. So before I went to the counter, I moved some magazines from my checked bag to my carry on and I was fine. I swear true story.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 64 lbs.
Original goal of 50 lbs lost achieved

Lynx
01-16-2008, 07:19 AM
Oh - Dionne and Pearl - Get well soon.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 64 lbs.

bayoubelle68
01-16-2008, 07:26 AM
Michie - yeah, I throw veggies into everything I can since I have a hard time getting in all of mine. DH's favorite trick is when I shred zucchini and add it to meatloaf. It doesn't change the flavor, but it does "strech" the meatloaf (I make mine with turkey or venison). I've added up to three cups of zucchini to a meatloaf. I also puree canned green beans and add them to just about every casserole that I make. In our case, it's really not to trick the kids into eating more veggies because they actually love them. It's more of a case of getting in all of our veggies. I like vegetables, but I have a hard time getting in 4 servings a day without chugging V8!

Angie
01-16-2008, 08:05 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIZA! Give yourself the gift of NOT weighing yourself today.

Felicia -- I think it's fantastic that your DS like the cauliflower so much. It's strange because my DSs fave veggies are broccoli and cauliflower. When I was little kids would rather die than eat those things. Of course, I don't think my mother knew of any vegetables other than corn, carrots and peas. That is so stinking cute that your DD says "queasled" !!! I hope DH is feeling better today, but on the bright side, if he's not, maybe the boss' visit will be cancelled. :D Ohh...I don't know if you should have mentioned the canned green beans...if Dan reads that there will be a salt-talk in your future... ;)

Morning Michie!

Pearl -- You are amazing! 12 lbs in your first week back on plan, you go girl! I also feel like some of those things you mentioned will become lost arts. I took a quilting lesson (quilt in a day) and made sure I could make an apple pi from scratch, and I can knit a straight line. That's about as far as I've gotten, but I know even that little bit impresses the other women I know. Too bad I don't have a daughter to pass them along.

Debbie -- Yeah, how DID a nice girl like Amanda end up with a slacker like Neill? Isn't it funny how completely oblivious he is to what others think of him? It's not like nobody tried to tell him. Sheesh.

Lynn -- Hey, you are so close to your adjusted goal! One more pound to go...I'd be obsessed too.

KrispieD
01-16-2008, 08:23 AM
Happy Birthday Liza!

My name is Kristen and I'm a scaleaholic... oh I HATE that machine!! Seriously someone needs to come and remove them from our homes while we sleep.. they are thinking of banning cell phones will driving, smoking in public places and should also consider scales in the home!

DH and I went to our new gym yesterday and I tackled the tread mill and the bike. They have a nice big mirror where you are working out so when I get tired I can still see my butt waving behind me and it keeps me going. DH and I kept saying while we were sweating away, wow can you imaging TBL workouts? I could almost hear Jillian yelling in my ear to move it move it!!
Have a super day everyone and get away from the scale!

michie
01-16-2008, 08:41 AM
Morning friends!

Liza- It's your birthday?!?! OMG! Party at your place! Lol!

TBL- Neill was pretty lame, yes, but I hate when competitions get so cut throat! I just get annoyed by everyone doing all of their dirty business... they forget why they're there. I liked ORANGE going to WO after the challenge though. Good on them!

Felicia- V8 counts??? I thought about that and Naked juice to get stuff in, but I wasn't sure. I've never had it but i will chug that stuff if I can count it as a veggie!!

Good morning to everyone else, sorry but I have to rush (not speed) to work now. Have a splendid day and be POP!

Debbie24
01-16-2008, 09:02 AM
Morning All!!!

Liza - Happy Birthday!

Kim - I think DH needs to take away our scale because i'm obsessed also. I'm trying not to stress too much but since monday i'm up .8oz and i have no idea why. I've been planning on just weighing myself on mondays so i dont have to deal with the daily ups and downs but it just hasnt happened yet.

Lynn - Thanks, i dont know how i got such cute boys. A nurse at the docs office asked us if we were going to try fora girl and we said we werent sure and she said "your boys are too cute to not try for a cute little girl", that was sweet. Your story made me laugh. I totally know about not being able to shut off because there is just so much to think about but i think i'll start thinking of Dylan rolling around and i'll go to sleep with a smile. :). I usually say "God please help me clear my mind so i can go to sleep" and most times it works. weird huh?.

Angie - TBL - I think Neills wife is oblivious to how much of a slacker he is also. Did you see them at the end with their progress? They are doing great so i'm happy they kept up with it.

Michie - V8 fusion counts as 1F & 2V but last time i was on i noticed that when i substituted V8 fusion i didnt lose as much. I always struggled to get my veggies in but this time its not so hard even tho i have 4V a day. TOnight i'm making some slightly fried rice (not much oil) and putting a serving each of carrots and peppers in there, it comes out to be way more veggies than rice but its one way to get the veg in and it doesnt taste bad either.

Hi everyone else! :)

Hope everyone has a POP day.

chiquita623
01-16-2008, 09:28 AM
Good Morning Everyone. Haven't been on much this week - it's crazy nuts at work. Hopefully it'll slow down soon. I agree with everyone about TBL White Team. How did she end up with him? I just wanted to smack him and tell him to quit whining!! I too am a scaleaholic. I get on mine every morning. I'd really like to get that down to just Monday's for my WI but it just hasn't happened yet. Oh well. Could be worse.

Happy Birthday Liza!!! I hope you have a great day.

Contrats Stacy on your little bundle. I pray for an uneventful pregnancy for you and that things will go smoothly for you.

Oops - someone wants me. Gotta go. Be back later.

MomOfThreeTeens
01-16-2008, 09:32 AM
LIZA!!! :cb::cp::flow1::dancer:
:bday2::bday2you::celebrate::woo::balloons:

bayoubelle68
01-16-2008, 09:33 AM
Angie - no worries. I use the no-salt-added green beans!

Michie - make sure to get the low-sodium V8. I don't have it every day, but there are lots of days when I just can't get the veggies in any other way.

It's raining here and will all day. Yuck! I'll be trapped inside with my class all day long! I would SO much rather be at home!

Happy Birthday, LIZA!!

Lynx
01-16-2008, 09:34 AM
Lynn - Thanks, i dont know how i got such cute boys. A nurse at the docs office asked us if we were going to try fora girl and we said we werent sure and she said "your boys are too cute to not try for a cute little girl", that was sweet.

Debbie, I have to tell you this one last thing. So you have 3 boys. My parents had 4 boys before I came along. And and this is a big And, I was a tag end child. All my brothers are so much older than me, that when I was 5 they were already out of high school and moved away so I never knew them. I have 2 sons and they are grown and that happens so fast. Have a great day and don't worry about being up on the scale a little.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 64 lbs.

Dan2112
01-16-2008, 09:37 AM
Morning all!

Happy Birthday Liza! May you have a great year, full of peace and fat/calorie free pizza!

Dan2112
01-16-2008, 09:42 AM
You think you are obsessed with your scale. I took my scale along with me on vacation in my packed luggage. If I don't take it along, I am out of touch and have to go to a store like KMart and try their scales out. Anyway, when I went to California in December I was going to be gone for 10 days, I put my scale in my big suitcase and wrapped in bubblewrap. I jumped on my scale holding my packed bag to see how much the packed suitcase weighed before I put the scale into it and I knew that it was within a few lbs of the limit, 50 lbs. I got to the airport and they had a scale sitting there to use to check the weight of your bag and the scale registered 50.5 lbs. So before I went to the counter, I moved some magazines from my checked bag to my carry on and I was fine. I swear true story.

Yikes Lynn!

Kimberly... What you do is deal with it and ask him to bring it out a couple times a week for accountability.. Pretend he's one of your COD counselors...

Before our COD closed, we didn't have a working scale at home.. I realize now what a blessing that was... Now that we were forced to get one, I REALLY try not to get on every day, but it's hard... I've been forcing myself to keep off it..

You can do it!!!!

bradleys mom
01-16-2008, 09:45 AM
Happy birthday Liza! Hope its a great one!!

I was pleased with the elimination on BL last night. Especially after the "she can turn on the tears" comment. I almost fell off the couch!!
AI wasnt that great. I am not really INto it until the actual competition and voting starts. The sparkley girl kinda scared me...

I am sooo happy to know I am not the only one who is obsessed with the scale. I am glad it is gone this morning! Because I feel like a hot air balloon! I'm sure I would be up.

Well it is once again humpday! A few more days and I get a 4 day weekend... Oh do hurry! lol

chiquita623
01-16-2008, 09:50 AM
I got on my scale this morning and I'm down 1.5. I don't think I'll change the ticker until I'm sure it's gonna stay down. I'm starting yoga tomorrow night and am looking forward to that. I tried it one other time and really didn't like it because it was so slow. Maybe this time will be better with a different instructor. And of course, I'm older this time so moving slow is a good thing!!

Kimberly - I'm with you on the "tears" comment. I couldn't believe he said that. He seemed a little "out there" if you know what I mean.

I'm being paged again - I'll be back later.

Dan2112
01-16-2008, 10:06 AM
Oh God.. Is it really time for American Idol again? Yikes...

Time to rejoin the Church of Simontology...

bradleys mom
01-16-2008, 10:22 AM
lol@Simontology!

Debbie24
01-16-2008, 10:27 AM
Lynn - My boys are 21 months 3 weeks apart. I like having them close in age so that they grow up together. The older 2 are so close and i'm hoping once the baby gets a bit older that he would fit in with them with no problems. We always start trying when the baby turns 1 and just this week i was asking DH if we are going to start trying for the girl when Dylan turns 1. I figured if we have them close in age no one will get left out. If we do try again and its another boy we will be done tho, 4 kids is alot these days and i want to be able to spend time with the kids and not be pregnant all the time, another reason i want to have them all close together. Sorry that got long. Any tips on how i can get them to stop growing up so fast? I'm going to cry just thinking about it. i wish my brain was a memory card so that i wont forget these moments.

Kim - TBL - I cant believe he said that also. i gasped! What an idiot. Did you see amandas face when neill said "she could turn on the tears"?. LOL that was funny. I'm glad that i didnt miss much on AI, i think i wont be watching auditions this year even tho it could be very funny. Oh i just remembered, did you see the guy that sang when Paula and Randy was cracking up? I think he was a tour guide or something. That was funny.

Dan - "Church of Simontology". LOL.

bradleys mom
01-16-2008, 10:34 AM
Debbie are you talking about the guy who was very skimpily dressed and Paula told him to go get his chest waxed and he did? AGhhh! It was gross. I am a big girl, but I am not trying to audition for AI and show everyone what they dont wanna see!!!

okie in il
01-16-2008, 10:34 AM
Good morning everyone.

Happy birthday Liza!

Well 2 days being POP has paid off. As of this morning i was .5 under my ticker weight. I won't change it until Friday for my official weigh in day. I too have an obsession with my scale. It's so hard not to get on it everyday.

I didn't get to watch TBL last night. I took my DD to the Hannah Montana concert so I tivo'd it. I guess I don't need to watch it now. :lol: I was wanting to pull for them because I'm originally from Oklahoma City, but once I saw him & his attitude, forget it.

I hope everyone has a POP day.

Debbie24
01-16-2008, 10:37 AM
Kim - i missed that one. sounds gross. It was a very tall african-american guy and i had no idea what he was singing but he sounded opera like. Talking about people in skimpy outfits that shouldnt be in it. Did you watch "so you think you can dance". there are always a bunch of big people in skimpy clothes. Not pretty.

Becky - sorry we gave away the TBL results. :sorry:

amylou7777
01-16-2008, 10:56 AM
Happy Bday Liza! Wow Claim Jumper is SO hard on a diet. But I love it there. I would go to the one in la mesa with my roommate whenever we wanted some down home cookin! Hope you have a wonderful bday!

Lynn-I love that you bubble wrapped your scale. You are at your second goal already (or within the next few days)....SO EXCITING!

Kristen-I like to make sure my butt is still flapping so I keep working out too....lol

Where's Tina been?

Dionne-hope you recover soon!!

Michelle-hope you made it to work on time!

Yay for the loss Becky!

Hope everyone has a POP wednesday!

Dan2112
01-16-2008, 11:14 AM
Good morning everyone.

Happy birthday Liza!

Well 2 days being POP has paid off. As of this morning i was .5 under my ticker weight. I won't change it until Friday for my official weigh in day. I too have an obsession with my scale. It's so hard not to get on it everyday.

I didn't get to watch TBL last night. I took my DD to the Hannah Montana concert so I tivo'd it. I guess I don't need to watch it now. :lol: I was wanting to pull for them because I'm originally from Oklahoma City, but once I saw him & his attitude, forget it.

I hope everyone has a POP day.

How was the concert? My DD is pretty bummed she's not playing a show in Albuquerque.. I can't say I'm disappointed though.. While her music isn't too bad, I don't know if I could handle the screaming and squealing.. :dizzy:

okie in il
01-16-2008, 11:30 AM
How was the concert? My DD is pretty bummed she's not playing a show in Albuquerque.. I can't say I'm disappointed though.. While her music isn't too bad, I don't know if I could handle the screaming and squealing.. :dizzy:

It wasn't intolerable. I, also, like her music & tv show so I didn't mind too much. The screaming girls were a little unnerving. I was a little surprised at the number of men and boys there. She actually did 2 shows in St. Louis. I tried to buy tickets for both shows, but they sold out so quickly. I actually won tickets on one of the country stations so that made the show even better. :lol::carrot:

Lynx
01-16-2008, 11:31 AM
Oh God.. Is it really time for American Idol again? Yikes...

Time to rejoin the Church of Simontology...

Dan, For me it is Church of Scaletology since I gave up on AI LOL:cp:

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 64 lbs.

Mama Nicole
01-16-2008, 12:05 PM
:bday2you::bday2you: Happy Birthday, Dear Liza :bday2you:
XOXO

Joni135
01-16-2008, 12:20 PM
Liza - Happy Birthday you sweet young thang!!!

You guys sure are good for a laugh today.....Dan's "church of Simontology" got me going and then Kimberly's husband taking away her scale.

Nicole - ADD you...no way!! I love you just the way you are!! (another song tune to ponder)

Lynx - a pound away.....woo hoo

I didn't catch AI last night; I'll wait till the auditions are over and/or tape it next week so I'm in the know.

I'm pretty excited since I just found out the new job I start next week is going to give me credit for my years of service with them (from 1988-1997). So instead of just 10 days of vacation each year, I get 20 days, plus I'm already vested when I start. Thank goodness I brought the subject up. I really thought they'd laugh at me, but it seems to have worked.

Gotta run....

michie
01-16-2008, 12:39 PM
Hello all!

Dan- I have such an addictive personality that if I start watching AI I will full on be worshiping it! So I will stick to TBL for now. And LOST... soon!

Becky- Lol! I wish I could see Hannah Montana! I work with elementary school age kids, so I love my Disney channel shows. She's just so funny to watch...

Amy- I did make it to work, LoL! I always do, so everyday I think it's fine to leave my house 10 minutes before I need to be there even though it's more like a 20 minute drive! I'm terrible.

Lynn- You took off your weight facts from your signature? Does that mean you've hit your goal???

Kim- Humpday! Ha! Me and my friends love humpday! And about the scale, I am so addicted too! Mine was cheap and broke at home, thank goodness! So now I rely on the gym and COD. It's good for you. Too many and you just get all confused.

Liza- I heard you on the radio this morning! I wanted to call in and say happy birthday, but I thought that would be weird. Happy Birthday!

Felicia & Debbie- So if I had a V8 drink, would it just be an 8 or 12 ounce serving or what?

Oh! I went to WI this morning and i was down 2 pounds! Woo Hoo! I am now sitting at 229.0! I have to lose 2 more pounds by tomorrow, but we'll just pretend. :) Have a POP day!

pjbeau
01-16-2008, 12:43 PM
Happy Hump Day everyone!!

I got on my treadmill at 6:30AM today!! :dancer: A definite first for me.

Just a few shout outs:
Stacy - Congrats!! Great news!

Shannon - I think if you are being able to reduce meds, then this new way living is working. The most important thing is to get healthy...the weight will come off.

Dionne & Pearl - Feel better soon! :getwell:

TN Heather - I just found the iTrain website last week. You can download workouts for your treadmill, as well as for other exercises and machines, for your MP3 player. It definitely helps me get through my time on the treadmill without getting bored. :tread:

Liza - Happy Birthday!! :celebrate:

Hey to everyone...congrats to all those with new losses...hang in there everyone else.
:dust:

LizzyW
01-16-2008, 12:53 PM
GM everyone,

Well the constant hunger is subsiding since TOM is going away. I am having issues with losing my last 20 lbs, but I have to keep reminding myself that I have lost 35 lbs already and I should be proud of that. It is much harder to lose the last 20lbs and have to remember that. I am on a road under construction and travel is very slow. I just need to pave that road and move a little bit everyday.

Glad to see so many successes. Keep it up.
Liz

Lynx
01-16-2008, 01:10 PM
Lynn- You took off your weight facts from your signature? Does that mean you've hit your goal???

Oh! I went to WI this morning and i was down 2 pounds! Woo Hoo! I am now sitting at 229.0! I have to lose 2 more pounds by tomorrow, but we'll just pretend. :) Have a POP day!

Thanks for asking. I am 1 lb away and I am very excited.

Congratulations on your 2 lb weight loss. Every pound counts.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 64 lbs.
Original goal of 50 lbs lost achieved

Dan2112
01-16-2008, 01:18 PM
GM everyone,

Well the constant hunger is subsiding since TOM is going away. I am having issues with losing my last 20 lbs, but I have to keep reminding myself that I have lost 35 lbs already and I should be proud of that. It is much harder to lose the last 20lbs and have to remember that. I am on a road under construction and travel is very slow. I just need to pave that road and move a little bit everyday.

Glad to see so many successes. Keep it up.
Liz

Wow dear, that's quite the analogy! I must be rubbing off on you! :lol:

Debbie24
01-16-2008, 01:24 PM
Michie - I'm pretty sure it was 8oz of the v8 fusion. its been about 2yrs so someone correct me if i'm wrong.

cecil
01-16-2008, 01:24 PM
Michelle! I can't wait for lost! I love it! I can't wait! Whoo hoo! Then we can chat about it ha ha!
Hi everyone just wanted to stop in and say hi! Hope everyone is having a POP day so far! I know I am. Can't wait to WI tomorrow the scale better be nice to me! Ha ha! I am doing TO tomorrow so wish me luck!

Debbie24
01-16-2008, 01:26 PM
Lynn - congrats on being 1lb away, anytime this week huh? If you dont mind me asking, how long did it take to lose 64lbs? Wow you, Dan and a few others that have lost so much are definitely inspiration.

Debbie24
01-16-2008, 01:27 PM
Cecilia - GL on TO!! I hope the scale is nice to you tomorrow.

cecil
01-16-2008, 01:41 PM
Thanks Debbie! I am keeping my fingers crossed!

BarbaraB
01-16-2008, 01:50 PM
Good morning! I guess it is probably afternoon already for many of you.

Happy Birthday Liza! I hope you feel less and less bloated and more and more slim and just overall better and healthier very soon.

I watched TBL after doing an hour on the tread mill this morning and felt oh so guilty because I tend to hold onto the treadmill (mostly to keep myself going straight). Not that I hold on like Neill did.... and I definitely would never hold on in front of Jillian. I would have voted him off too if he made me do an extra 5 minutes of sprinting. Since they are newly wed's I have a bad feeling a few years from now after the stars are out of her eyes, that she too will be wondering how she ended up with him too. She had really done well when they showed her again, and he didn't totally quit, as he was down another 20 pounds, which for a guy his size is not all that impressive.

Lynx
01-16-2008, 01:50 PM
Lynn - congrats on being 1lb away, anytime this week huh? If you dont mind me asking, how long did it take to lose 64lbs? Wow you, Dan and a few others that have lost so much are definitely inspiration.

Hi Debbie,
I started this journey on 12/27/06. Old cliche - I have tried every weight loss program known to men and women. I was in the pits about my weight and had been for a long time. Add to that both my sons were getting married (got married) in 2007.

I had researched LAWL before, but I all I found were the negatives. Finally, I thought - well I have tried everything else.
I started on red. Later I found out when I got smart enough to ask when I would move down to another color plan, that I would not move down because of a medical condition that I had disclosed to them. I had stalled at 16 lbs on red. Then I found out that without the medical condition, I would have started on purple. Long story short - I had to wait until my scheduled exam with a new doctor (prior doctor changed jobs) to discuss with her a medical release permitting me to move down. My new doctor wrote a release for me, so after 3 1/2 months on red, I moved to gold and started losing again. At the end of July, 2007, I moved to plan 2.

Trust me- anyone who is reading this. Lose the weight when you are young or younger than I am. You don't want to miss out on the time to enjoy being
thinner or healthier. Don't be like me and wait until you are 60 to start to lose weight.
65 pounds without TO or FF.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 64 lbs.

bayoubelle68
01-16-2008, 02:10 PM
Michie - the little 4-oz. cans of low-sodium V8 are 1V. There are days when I have 12-oz. one for 3V, but I try not to do that unless it's absolutely necessary.

bayoubelle68
01-16-2008, 02:16 PM
I've had TEN kids check out today with either fever or stomach ache or throwing up! I'm ready to go home!!

StevenBensMom
01-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Hi All - again lots to catch up on!

Great job to you all POPers out there...I have to admit it has been a great week (so far) for me being POP so I am psyched!

Lynn - Great job - you are such an inspiration and honestly the most important thing is that you did decide to do this and look to all the positives of the future. Keep up the good work and we'll all be there to congratulate you when you hit the big "65"...any day now! :)

Happy Birthday Liza! :hat:

Kimberly - I love that your husband took the scale away...I had to give it up or it would drive me insane...it is now day 4 and it is getting better and I find that I am focusing more on how I am feeling and not a number...Good Luck! Maybe a group of SA (Scale Anonymous) should be formed!

OK have to get back to work...hello to everyone and great job on all the losses - keep up being POPers!

Kelly

Debbie24
01-16-2008, 03:21 PM
Barbara - TBL they mentioned that they will be at the finale in april so i cant wait to see what he looks like. She said she hopes to be in the 130s and i'm sure shes gonna get there.

Lynn - thanks for sharing your story. I totally think its better late than never so you did great. Look at all you've accomplished & its definitely harder to lose weight when you're older. I think losing 65lbs in a teeny bit over a year is great. When i was on gold i lost about 40lbs in 6 months but i dont think its going to come off that easy now. Its hard to try to lose weight when you are breastfeeding because i dont want to take it too far and jeopardize my milk supply. I want to exercise but dont think i should because then i'm burning more calories and it might affect something, it would be alot easier to do this when not breastfeeding but my son does come 1st so i'm trying not to get too disappointed when i dont see a loss or a big loss. I'm trying to take it easy and take it as it comes. Its taking alot of will power.

Felicia - It definitely sounds like its time to go home. I hope you dont catch anything.

bayoubelle68
01-16-2008, 03:31 PM
Yeah, Neill made me mad, too. I guess maybe he had never watched past TBL seasons, because he definitely didn't come to work! I thought he was just completely deluded when he would say things like, "I work out as hard as everybody else here!" after his talk with Jillian. I mean, it was obvious that he worked hard for a couple of days and then he went right back to excuses and laziness. I, for one, would NOT want to get on Jillian's bad side! At the same time, I would rather have her because I need someone who is really going to push me.

Lynx
01-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Thank you Kelly and Debbie for the kind words,
Oh - Debbie I just looked at the closeup of the boys in your profile and imagine this - Dylan and my yds share the same birthday.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 64 lbs.

cecil
01-16-2008, 04:15 PM
Happy Birthday Liza!

I watched TBL last night too. Ugh! Neill what is wrong with him? Ha ha! I thought it was really dumb that everyone ganged up on the black team about him yelling at his Brother or whatever. That was dumb. I really like the yellow team I was sooo happy for them! I can't wait to see more results! It was sooo cute how he just kept staring at the board looking at his weight. He was in shock! Oh yeah and I still really like the Pink team! They will go far! my BF likes the black team, go fgure! Ha ha! I just bought the workout Dvd Cardio online I can't wait to get it!

Well I am not going to do personals but I hope everyone is having a POP day! I am and it is delicious! TO starts tomorrow. I am dreading it! Ha ha!

Mama Nicole
01-16-2008, 04:33 PM
Wow Lynn..........you have really worked through some adversity to get where you are!!! Good for you :)
XOXO

Joni135
01-16-2008, 04:34 PM
Debbie24 - I just also looked at your profile picture of your three boys...they are adorable. How'd you make that nifty avatar?

Dan/Liz - I chuckled when I saw Dan's response to wife Liz. Sometimes DH and I will be on our laptops on opposite sides of the house (NOT a big house mind you) and we'll IM each other on the laptop. I'm sure Dr. Phil would have a field day with our lack of communication skills...oh well.

Felicia - go home but first spray down your room with Lysol! Yuck...germ bugs be gone!

I just signed up with a personal trainer at Gold's Gym - 2 times a week for four months. It's the equivalent of a small car payment. I decided to do it since I need some help. I'll have my first meeting/assessment tomorrow. 2008 will be my year to shine!

BarbaraB
01-16-2008, 05:24 PM
Felicia, I don't know if I could handle Jillian. Especially if she is going to yell at you to stop crying... Bette Lou WAS doing it, but crying.... I could relate to Bette Lou way to much.. I think that was her name anyway. The 53 year old who really has been losing quickly. 11 kids gone, do you have anyone left to teach today?

Lynn, you are so close! That is so exciting. It seems like it has not been very long since you hit 50, but here you are already at 64. I know that you have remained strict with yourself, and it has paid off. That is great. Inspires me to crack down on my sloppy ways and get serious.

Debbie, I am looking forward to seeing them both at the finals. I always love to see them all after they have been doing for awhile. There are always those few people whose transformation is underwhelming. I found it really interesting to have Jillian talking about the emotional aspects of putting weight back on.... and how vulnerable and exposed you can feel after you've lost weight.

For me there was a lot more in weight loss than just the calories in and calories out. For me it was like when I was heavier, I was invisible to a lot of people. You lose the weight and suddenly you are not so invisible anymore. The people in stores suddenly come up and try to sell you things! Lots of stores give very bad service to the overweight. You lose weight and they are suddenly more helpful everywhere. Especially places like cosmetic counters or clothing stores. Men open a lot more doors for thinner women.

Debbie24
01-16-2008, 06:30 PM
Joni - Thank you. The avatar is actually a signature pic. I got it at this website - http://crumbsnatchers2.proboards76.com
You have to sign up then you can request a signature in general siggy request and one of the many talented women will make you one, it takes 3-4 days. They use photoshop and they are really good. I promise you when you sign up there are no offers and things like that, i didnt want to sign up at first. i hate signing up for things. oh 1 more thing, if you decide to get one done you have to upload your pic into photobucket 1st (dont know if you are familiar with them) so you can put the link in the request. http://photobucket.com/ I know it seems like alot of steps but it really isnt.

I so wish i had time to go to a gym, i would probably lose more. Having a personal trainer sounds good, they will definitely keep you on your toes. Let us know how it goes.

Barbara - was that when Jillian was talking to the mom on the pink team? I was switching between AI and TBL and i missed that part. I totally know what you mean tho about people paying more attention to you when you lose weight, it makes you feel like you werent even there before. People can be so nasty sometimes!

BarbaraB
01-16-2008, 07:11 PM
Debbie, yes she was talking to the pink team, mostly to the daughter about her issues with her weight, and the mom, since issues between them had kept the daughter heavy. People are nasty sometimes. My sister is quite heavy and I was going to a lot of different home improvement stores with her, and no one ever offered to help her, and they would invariably offer to help me. Some folks even disappeared when I refocused their attention to my sister.

Joni135
01-16-2008, 08:11 PM
Debbie24 - thanks for the link. I have to figure out what I'd want to use before I ask for their help.

Okay, I'm watching American Idol...cause there really isn't anything else on. I like how they were so nice to this guy, Paul, even though he was really bad. Oh geez - I'm hooked already.

Night all.

Debbie24
01-16-2008, 08:36 PM
Barbara - That is so mean how people are to your sister. I mean why cant they just do their job and not pass judgement on people? I missed most of Jillian talking to the pink team. I did see the part tho when the mother got teary talking to her daughter telling her that she was sorry she wasnt there for her more.

Joni - I think they can do whatever you want from weightloss to whatever. I'm sort of watching AI. I wanted to see who Simon told they were the best so far but i probably missed it already.

Anyway this is probably it for me tonight and DH is home tomorrow so i never get to chat as much as i want when he's home.

Hope everyone has a good night and a POP day tomorrow.

Night all!

JerseyMadchen
01-16-2008, 09:00 PM
Hey guys!

I avoid this thread like hte plague as it's TOO LONG! And takes forever to catch up! I got to page 7 and gave up, sorry chickadees!!!

Well, just wanted to say hello... off to watch THS of Rachel Ray!!

lizababe
01-17-2008, 12:20 AM
Hi Everyone!

My DSL conked out last night and I finally resorted to dial up after hours on the phone with tech support in another country...

So I finally got in here to see all of the birthday wishes! Thank you!

I stayed POP for the most part (ok, had a couple of drinks) but I managed to eat a very healthy salmon and steam veggie lunch at Claim Jumper!

It was a very nice day. Yes Michelle, I worked this morning. I didn't tell anyone there it was my birthday. That would've been funny though if you'd called in!

I had a very nice day (aside from DSL stuff) and got to catch up with a good friend. She gave me some great news about something going on in her life that was probably the best birthday present I've ever gotten. To see someone that I love have something so good going on after soldiering through such hard times just makes me beam with happiness for her. Then I got home, and Mini-Me had drawn a bath for me and had incense and candles ready.

Very very nice indeed :)

I hope everyone else had a great and POP day! I'll read through more so I can throw out some personals when I'm on a faster connection.

Thank you again for adding to my special day! I adore you all!

Prazteam
01-17-2008, 01:06 AM
Liza - I didn't know who you were until I saw the "Mini-Me" in your post and you're the first one I ever saw use that! HEY GIRL! I see you're on a restart too. We'll do it together! :hug:
I just read through the posts but I've got to open in the AM and they're calling for ice so I may be getting up and going to work at 4:30 so I don't have time to do personals. Sorry
Had a very VERY hard day at work, much too much to go into here... Stayed POP but still unable to get on the treadmill until DH gets it oiled up for me.
I'll check back in sometime in the next day or two.

bayoubelle68
01-17-2008, 07:30 AM
Pearl - no wonder you're sick! You're probably exhausted! Bless your heart, your work hours are just insane! I don't know how you do it. Please take care of yourself!

Liza - I'm so glad you had a great birthday. The big 4-0 is coming for me in May. I'm going to ask DH for a karaoke party! We may have to have two parties - one for our families and then one for our friends. I'm not sure I could really cut loose singing in front of my parents. They have always been my biggest fans when it comes to my singing, but I don't know how they would react to hearing me sing "Sweet Child of Mine" or any of the other 80's/90's heavy metal that I love to sing when there's karaoke around!

I don't know how many kids I'll have today at school. For those who didn't catch it earlier on this thread, yesterday I had 2 kids absent and then had TEN kids check out during the day! The flu AND a stomach bug are going around our school. I ended up with only 13 kids in my class. Most of them had fever (one had 103!), but I had a few who threw up and some whose heads were hurting badly enough that they were crying. My co-worker next door was out with high temp and body aches yesterday and will be again today. She called last night to tell me she was emailing her lesson plans to me so that I could give them to her sub and she sounds horrible! Who knows about today? Some of them will likely be back, but there may be others out. Before we left yesterday, I gave everybody a Clorox wipe and they wiped down every surface in my room that they could reach! Today is our school's AttenDANCE (kids who have perfect attendance for the whole six weeks get to go to a little dance/celebration at the end of each six weeks), so I hate for some of them to be out and miss their big reward, but we'll see. I just pray that I don't catch anything or bring anything home to the rest of my family.

michie
01-17-2008, 10:14 AM
Good morning!

I didn't have to work this morning at my usual time, 6 am, but i still woke up super early! So annoying! I can't sleep in on the weekends either. I full on hate that! Sheesh! Okay, moving on... It does give me time to get up and get my work out on this morning before my long day at work (half day!). Then tonight it's dinner with the DBF and fam. I don't know what's on the menu so I suppose I'll just save some stuff so I can be somewhat POP.

I'll try to check in tonight, but usually by Thursday I am so exhausted that I fall asleep around 8 pm! I am such a party animal! Have a great day girls (and boys!)... Stay POP!

Debbie24
01-17-2008, 11:01 AM
Morning Ladies & Gents

What happened to Emily? I havent seen her in a while.

DH is home today and i'm sure he's going to find some project to do, not like i need a break from the kids or anything :dizzy:. Its raining out so hopefully he will stay in with us and maybe watch a movie, honestly it takes us about 4hrs to watch a 1.5hr movie because of all the pausing in between to do things for the boys. The kids are full of energy when DH is home because they are just happy. On another note i had forgotten how good i feel when i'm eating healthier, i have so much more energy.

Amy - Hi

Liza - Glad to hear you had a good birthday.

Pearl - hope you get to work and home safely with all the ice

Felicia - It should be a pretty quiet day huh if you have alot of kids out. I really hope you dont get sick.

Michie - Wow you are a party animal! LOL. Hope dinner goes well and you are not too much off plan.

Hi everyone else (nicole, joni, cecilia, dan, lynn, barbara, kimberly and everyone else i missed).

Hope everyone has a POP day!!

lizababe
01-17-2008, 11:10 AM
Pearl! I was wondering where you were! I'm right there with you so we'll do this together! Are not at the bowling alley anymore?

StevenBensMom
01-17-2008, 11:14 AM
Good morning everyone...I have been POP all week and so happy about that. When I am in this mode I wonder how I can ever eat bad stuff, because I feel absolutely amazing when I behave and eat like I should. I have also been very good about excercising and getting to how I was exercising in the summer...when it's so much easier, but I now find it sad that I look forward to going for a little run...very scary for me that's for sure.

Joni - Good luck with the trainer - be sure and report back and let us know how it goes.

Felicia - Hope everyone is feeling better and back in school soon and that they didn't all pass it along to you...I hate the trickle down effect of those illnesses. OH and a karaoke party sure sounds like fun. Do you have a PS2 or one of those games, there is a SingStar game, that is a hoot and we have played it at our kid's birthday parties (adults too) and it is a lot of fun.

Trying to get the feel of doing personals...so bare with me...Hello to everyone and hope you all have POP day!

Kelly

bayoubelle68
01-17-2008, 11:26 AM
Only three kids out today, so things are pretty much back to normal, thank goodness!

I have to go WI while my class is at PE in a little while. I just don't feel like I've lost anything, so I'm not expecting anything great. I have a Leslie Sansone DVD coming and will start that. Hopefully, that will get me back to losing. I've been sort of stuck for a while now. Surely adding some activity will help! I really haven't been doing any exercise since I started this program. I'm planning to get at least one of TBL DVD's, too. Anything to get my booty off the couch!

okie in il
01-17-2008, 11:30 AM
Good morning everyone! :wave: I just wanted to report that I have had 3 days of being POP! :carrot: So hopefully it will show on the scale. But I also have TOM coming soon so it might not. And I got up & exercised this morning, :cp: granted it was only 1 mile of WATP, but hey it's an accomplishment for me to drag myself out of bed earlier than absolutely necessary. :D

I, too, have a hard time with personals. I'll do more as I get to know everyone. So I hope everyone has a POP day.

Joni135
01-17-2008, 11:51 AM
Okie - good job on getting that exercise in. I have my trainer appt/assessment in a couple hours. Good thing, too. This morning my scale was up despite me being really good the last couple days. Not perfect, but really good.

Debbie24 - it takes me 4 hours to watch a 1.5 hour movie cause I usually fall asleep! Hope you all have a good day!

"My DSL conked out last night"
Liza - I thought you were talking the death of a Dear Sister in Law (DSL). then I read you were talking techno. That was sweet of mini me to give you a night of relaxation in your own home! I bought some really nice smelling Lavendar Epsom Salts from Walgreens that I cannot wait to try. Epsom really helps my inflamation issues. That, and Advil.

Back to work. Oh, there was a cute gal that Simon (AI) thought was really good. Overall, I thought the show was lame last night. The grossest was the fingernail guy and since he made it to Hollywood, we are bound to see the disgusting bag of nail clippings again. Gag me! Now if this doesn't make you have a POP day, I don't know what will.

bradleys mom
01-17-2008, 12:33 PM
Good (snowy) morning!!! We got 4 inches of snow last night! I love it but I hate when I have to get the baby out in it!! It would snow on the day I had to go back to work.

I am still missing my scale, going through withdrawal... But I am WI at COD tomorrow morning so hopefully I will be surprised!! Hope everyone is having a great POP day!

KrispieD
01-17-2008, 01:04 PM
Morning All
Well Aunt Joni, your youngest neice is turning 3 tomorrow. I've been in a frenzy of making loot bags, prepping food, picking up balloons etc for her party this afternoon. 14 girls under 5 in a play place.. heaven help me stay away from the liquid fruit after that one!
DH and I joined a gym on Monday and I got myself there on Tues and Wed for a good workout.. now my body is screaming but I still don't think I suffer like any of those do on TBL. My hubby said to me while I was on the treadmill 'imagine how it would have been if you started working out when you weighed 251 lbs'.. i said well look at those people move on the show. Mentally I hear Jillian yelling at me when I'm getting tired and ready to quit. I'd love the idea of a personal trainer to tell me what to do, where to do and oh yeah how to use all the hundreds of machines they have there!
DH and I have been doing well staying POP and working hard on the eating often enough throughout the day which we are sometimes guilty of letting long lapses pass between meal. So we keep reminding each other.
I will be dipping into the veggie tray and trying to avoid the decadent chocolate cake the birthday girl is getting.. CAKE nicole.. I said CAKE!!!
Hope you all have a great day and keep up the good works!

BarbaraB
01-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Kristen, Your little cheeseheads are so adorable. Hard to believe that much cuteness could already be talking back. My DH has been on plan with me this week, and it is sooooo much easier to stick with the program when you have the spousal support. He always worked out with me, which has helped me to keep going as there are days when each one of us left to our own devices would have stayed home in bed, but together we drag ourselves in.

Kimberly, does it snow much where you are? Here snow is somewhat rare, like one day a year usually. So all work stops, the news goes into full time snow coverage (some poor soul always get sent up to Mt Hood to report on how much snow is there). Kind of funny, but then again I always watch the endless snow reports myself.

Joni, I've contemplated going to see a personal trainer. When I first joined the gym about 4 years ago I had a few sessions with one, but I think I could use a refresher course. Something for someone in better shape and not someone who was suffering from a whole lot of couch potato time. I'm sure the scale will start to show how good you've been very soon.

Felicia, I hope the scale is kind. How long until you turn the big 4-0?

Becky, 3 days POP is great. Good for you to start exercising too.

Liza, Mini me sounds very considerate for a teenager.

ferrarimomof2
01-17-2008, 02:36 PM
Hello all,

I just wanted to check in and say hey. I hope to get to go WI tomorrow. If the fogginess leaves my head then I guess I will feel like driving. I tell you I wish they had taken these things out when I was younger. I have not been able to even be close to plan but I don't think I am gaining. I have been eating soup, jello, ice cream, and the family had pizza last night. I tell you I spent more calories trying to chew it with my front teeth then I actually took in. I know that was not the smartest thing to eat but I am hungry. I tell you I really want an apple.

Congratulations to everyone on your losses and hopefully I will be back to normal soon and get to do some personals.

Mama Nicole
01-17-2008, 04:24 PM
are fruit flavored Mentos OP? :lol: I just had a few......and I am NOT letting them get the best of me..........I can do this, I can do this, I can do this!!!!!!
XOXO

cecil
01-17-2008, 04:27 PM
Nice one nicole! Ha! Fruit flavored = Fruit.... doesn't it?

Heather115
01-17-2008, 04:39 PM
are fruit flavored Mentos OP? :lol: I just had a few......and I am NOT letting them get the best of me..........I can do this, I can do this, I can do this!!!!!!
XOXO

If your fruit-flavored Mentos are a fruit then the 9 oyster crackers I just ate are a protein! My daughter was getting some for a snack and before I thought, I grabbed a handful too. After the fourth or fifth one, when I realized what I was eating, I decided they tasted REALLY good and four or five more wouldn't really hurt. Good news is, I stopped there. I got on here instead! :)

bayoubelle68
01-17-2008, 04:51 PM
WI was not so bad. I was down 1.4 for the week. I'm almost back down to my ticker weight! I'm hopeful that starting that Leslie Sansone DVD will help get me moving back down a little quicker.

Barbara - I turn 40 in May! I can't wait!

Man! I'm beat! What a day! I'm making ricotta and spinach lasagna roll-ups for dinner!! My kids are excited because they're helping. DD is spreading the lasagna noodles with the filling and DS is rolling them up. What a team!!

zambejaly5
01-17-2008, 04:57 PM
geez you guys make it hard to work and keep up...... I guess I better quit work!

DH has been out of town all week and may or may not get home tonight. I have been running ragged all week.....

today at the cafeteria we made fresh cinnamin rolls!! I couldn't resist. they were so good....... yikes..... back on plan......

BarbaraB
01-17-2008, 05:42 PM
Felicia, 1.4 pounds is pretty good for a day when you thought you had not lost at all. I don't know how you keep up with all those kids and all your side jobs anyway. Even if exercise does not make the scale move at lightning speed, it can do wonders for how you look and feel. When I first lost the weight, well my arms... there was a wing thing going on, but quite a few bicept and tricept curls and pushups later... my arms are no longer waving when I have stopped.

Lettie, Cinnamon rolls! Oh my. I used to make them on special holiday mornings as did my mom.... Oh well, next Christmas I will just plan on being decadent and making the cinnamon rolls again.

Heather, isn't it sometimes alarming when you find yourself eating stuff that you are only half aware is going in your mouth. I'm sure if you were dreaming of what you could eat if you were going to go a bit off plan, it wasn't oyster crackers... LOL, or at least I'd be more dreaming of the cinnamon rolls.

Joni135
01-17-2008, 07:38 PM
Oh Kristen - I so wish I could come to the party too! Happy Birthday to my "virtual" niece!! Is there a theme to this party...knowing you, I'm sure there's something.

My trainer session today was just the assessment stuff. We'll see how it goes. I think I need a Jillian screaming in my ear. I'm out of town the next few days (try not to miss me too much!) so I meet with her again on Tuesday.

Gotta go. Oh, congrats Felicia - nice loss. For some odd reason, I have gained the last couple days and I'm not happy since I've been pretty good. Like my trainer told me today...after 50 we have to eat less and workout more to see the results we saw in our 40s....ack!

dolphn545
01-17-2008, 09:10 PM
Hey Everybody! :wave:

Just popping in for a quick hello.

Liza - Happy Belated Birthday!!

:cheers:

KrispieD
01-17-2008, 10:17 PM
Haha Joni you know me well. The theme was ballet.. I have a friend who makes 'edible art' so tomorrow i'll have to post a photo of the cake. I sent her a photo of Jaimie in her ballet outfit and she made one to a t out of marzipan on top of the CAKE (block your ears Nicole).. then she made me 12 cupcakes with purple icing and on each was a pair of edible pink ballet slippers.. it was adorable.
I am wiped and would have happily delved into a slice of the pizza they had but I parked myself in front of my veggie tray and also had a Perrier tonight instead of a glass of wine... oh POP sometimes is brutal!!!
Looking forward to the gym tomorrow despite the pain and Barbara you are right.. it is so much easier to do it with a spouse on plan.
It sounds like January has been great for all of us getting recommited and the flurry on the board so we are all getting each other back on track and keeping us motivated.. thanks for the much needed kick in the butt!!
Keep up the great work all and let's move those tickers.. to the right!!

lizababe
01-17-2008, 11:24 PM
Hi Everyone!

Another long and busy day. Tomorrow promises to be one as well. This weekend my friend is taking me out to the desert to play around on a quad in the sand for a late birthday present. Yay!

The DSL is finally back on! LOL Joni at thinking it might be Dear Sister In Law. I wouldn't call any of them Dear....

Michelle - On February 8th we're doing a special promotion at the Mission Valley Center. I'll be there doing a meet and greet and we're giving away prizes. I'm only going to be there for two hours myself, not sure the exact time but most likely it will be from 12:30-2:30PM so I can get back to the studio in time for the afternoon rush hour. Hope you can stop by and I can meet you!

Ok a ton of stuff to do before I go to bed and I'm putting it off. Stay POP everyone!

Repo girl
01-18-2008, 12:44 AM
XOXO

Well duhhhh! Of course they are OP. They count as a fruit. So do lemon heads.

amylou7777
01-18-2008, 02:18 AM
Hi friends!

It's been a busy couple of days! I am staying super POP despite my scale situation...as in my scale being up situation! I'm actually not letting it get me down. I got my grades for last semester back today and was so pleasantly surprised. It will be my highest GPA in law school as of yet and it feels good! Remeber that trial I was panicked about? I got an A! I've struggled all three years to keep up and I finally feel like I actually did prettty well. It was a nice surprise for the day!
Thanks to Lynn's expert advice I am going to move up to the Blue plan since purple just isn't working for me. I think with my height/busy schedule it just wasn't enough food. I hope this does the trick bc I sure am sick of being stuck!!

TGIF! (almost) Two of my bestest friends from my hometown are driving up north to visit me this weekend. Of course they are skinny minis and are NOT on any sort of "plan" so it will be a challenge. We'll be touring the napa valley on sunday but I decided I will drive so that I don't go overboard on the liquid fruits... although it will be tough....

anway, I'll have to catch up with you all tomorrow!

Anyone up for a POP weekend!? I sure need one!

bella mia
01-18-2008, 07:57 AM
Good morning everyone!
OMG! These posts are coming in so fast I can't keep. I would love to be able to do personals or comment ont he 5 pages I just read from Wednesday, but I'd have to skip work, so I'll skip the personals and just say you are all so inspiring and keep up the great job.

I went in for weigh in yesterday at lunch and I am down since Tuesday. So when I started back a week Monday, so basically 11 days ago I weighed 183 on LA scale, 180 on mine, went on TO for 2 days and got down to 179.8 on their scale and about 176 on mine...next visit I went up .4oz and again another .4 the next one....so to make a long story short yesterday I weighed in at 179.4 on their scale (175.5 Bare naked at home...yuk!). I feel a bit disappointed and discouraged as I thought I would be down at least another pound. I have been POP since recommitting myself 100%. I just hope I see the results soon as this yoyoing thing drives me nuts! I too am severly obsessed with the scale! What I really need to do now is focus on is exercising! I need to take action, not just think about it. I just have to figure out when and commit myself....but how do you do that? I feel so tiered and warn out...winter blues I hope. Kristen you are so lucky that hubby comes to the gym with you! That is so awesome to have that support. I would do anything to have DH join me a t a gym, but he hates exercising...oh well enough whining. Must stay positive...I will start exercising though, just a matter of starting, right?

Kristen and Angie if your interested in getting together next week let me kno or if you want "PM" me and we can hopefully set a date....Angie Tuesday works for me, I'm pretty flexible either than Fridays!

Well got to run off to work now!

Have a great day everybody.......yeahhhhhh its Friday!

Sara

KrispieD
01-18-2008, 09:43 AM
Okay quick hello as I'm off the the gym..yeah me!! I may even don a bathing suit and swim in the pool that you can see from the lobby..(are they nuts?)
had to post a photo of my youngest daughters' bday cake.. the them was ballet and our friend is an edible artist..gorgeous! and of course the birthday girl!

haylo921
01-18-2008, 10:08 AM
Hello I decided to post over here b/c I wanted to get an opinion from you guys. I used to do LA weight loss some time ago and then stopped going b/c I felt it was very restrictive. I lost weight with them and then gained some back. Currently I am working out like crazy, eating well, and going to a personal trainer. Yesterday i recieved a phone call from La weight loss saying that I had plenty of weeks left and that they were willing to offer me my weeks back for free. Anyways, I just wasn't sure how the program has changed it has been probably about 1-2 years since I have been. I was hoping I could get some insight into this. Please help thanks.

Dan2112
01-18-2008, 10:28 AM
Hi Janelle!

I'd say go for it... Gotta watch out for the sales tactics when they push the bars and suppliments, but I'm sure you remember that from when you were active in the program..

I don't know what it was like when you were on the program, but it seemed pretty open to me and my wife.. Obviously there are restrictions on bad foods, but there are so many good foods and great recipies out there, I don't see how you could go wrong.

I'd take 'em up on the offer...

Morning all!! Hope you're all doing well.. It's been busy for me this week, finally, so I'm actually getting some work done (oh the horror!)...

And of course, the big new announced today.. Rush will return to Albuquerque on April 29th!! *happy dance*... Seeing as that's just a few days after my birthday, I know what my present this year is going to be!! :lol:

pjbeau
01-18-2008, 10:31 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!

It's great to see most everyone losing...congrats!!

I've done okay this...not great, but okay. I was POP at the first of the week, but the last couple days have been just barely OP. I got on my treadmill about three times...that's a start. As of this morning, I'm still holding steady from last week...no new loss though.

DH and I are leaving in a couple hours to go camping for the weekend...it's going to be cold, but perfect campfire weather. I've planned my foods, so meals should be okay, but we seem to snack much more when we camp...gotta stay away from the chips...though I did get reduced fat chips, so maybe just a couple.

Hope everyone has great weekend!!! Talk to ya on Monday.

JerseyMadchen
01-18-2008, 12:56 PM
Hey guys!

I am glad to see that I am not the only one that struggles on the weekends! It's so easy to be POP on the weekdays for me, but hte weekends are hard. Since I started cooking again, it's gotten a little easier as I control what we eat.

Last night my best friend and I made Shepherd's Pie for dinner. It's a Rachel Ray recipe with beef instead of lamb. It was FANTASTIC. Nothing bad in it at all, so I counted it as PVS. Mmmm!! I recently found spinach again too, so we did a spinach salad too! YUM. I slipped a little bit with dessert, we made a blueberry cake. I ate one piece and counted it accordingly.

Amy- congrats on your grades. It all seems worth it when you get them. I got mine a while back and got straight A's for the first time since Middle School! Haha, I treated myself with a Coach bag!

I'm so excited today. I stayed up past 2am last night cleaning my house so I can play all day today! CLasses start up again on Tuesday, so my freedom is slipping away!

This weekend I want to plan some lunches to take to school with me as I'll be there 9-4:30 every day. I will have the gym to use from 3-4:40 everyday which is great. Treadmills, elipticals, bikes, OH MY! I drive in with my younger brother and sister, so I can't come home before then anyways, so I will be able to work out. If I work out I lose a TON.

Wow, this turned into a novel!

Have a great weekend guys!

JLem311
01-18-2008, 01:08 PM
hey everyone. just checking in to say hi.
not much going on. still not doing too well. just feeling really horrible..emotional-wise.
but i thought i'd say hi. i've been lurking everyday, just not much to say otherwise.

hope everyone has a good weekend. i'm off to work in a few hours.

Katy66
01-18-2008, 01:30 PM
Hey gang! Man it has been a busy week for me and then we woke up to a beautiful snow here in WNC yesterday. Went for my official weigh in at COD during lunch break today and I'm down 3lbs....YEAH!

Haven't had a chance to catch up on posts but will try to get to that later today. Hope everyone is well and staying on track!

Jillian - I'll be thinking about you and please keep on posting. We care about you and want to know how you are doing!

Repo girl
01-18-2008, 02:04 PM
Hi everyone! Sorry I have been MIA again. I have had a lot going on this week. On Wednesday my assistant manager at the daycare had a terrible fight with the owner and quit on the spot. As most of you know, I put my notice in before Christmas. I was due to be done on the 30th of January. When my assistant quit and walked out, I knew that I was screwed because she was the only one who is trained to do my job. Even though the owner has had a month to hire a new Director, he has not. Basically having Gina quit like that would mean that I would have to work open to close, 13 hours a day. Since I am on salary and do not receive overtime, this was an insane thought. So I did the one thing that I could do. I quit too. I called all of my daycare families that had comitted to start at home daycare with me, asked them to start the next day, Thursday, emailed the owner and let him know that I would not be back, gathered up my stuff and left. So, to make a long story short, I am back to home daycare, and really enjoying being home. I will finally have time for you guys!

Jillian- Keep on keeping on. Things will get better. Have you seen The Secret?

Janelle- I think that the plan has a lot of options these days. Hopefully you can find something that will work for you. Good luck!

Paula- Have a great time camping

BarbaraB
01-18-2008, 02:14 PM
Jillian, good to hear from you even if you are not feeling the happiest! Does your DH get leave sometime soon? I hope he gets some time home before they send him to Iraq. I know you miss NC, but I think it is very important for your kids that you spend more time with them. You are doing the right thing by moving back close. Even if it is very hard (and likely very cold).

Amy, I moved from Purple to Blue and it ended a plateau for me. I did really well on Blue and I have to say it remains my favorite.

BarbaraB
01-18-2008, 03:29 PM
Janelle,

Free is a very good price. Different areas seem to be doing different plans. Some have switched to newer plans and some are still on the plans that were probably around a few years ago. So it is hard to know what plan they might put you on. It could well be a little different than before. You could go and and try it. Since they are not going to charge you anything, why not give it a try and see if it works for you, if you are ready to really make a change. Perhaps you are more ready to make the changes needed to be thinner now. I know there was a long time in my life that I was not ready to give up my bad food habits... but then I was ready to make the commitment that it would take to be healthier.

smjezzy
01-18-2008, 04:00 PM
Wow! So many posts, so few speed reading classes....

Liza - Happy belated BD

Krispy - adorable pics - Bet that would make a great blizzard flavor

Everyone else - HI!!! I hope your world finds you well.

I made it thru the week and not a second too soon. I'm spent. I'm going to try my best to be good this weekend and not cheat. The "food provided" meetings killed me the first day. The second day I was smarter. I unwrapped the breakfast wrap and just had the innards and then I ate my healthy choice meal for lunch. The first day of the meetings was a carb overload and my body went into a complete revolt. Next week will be better, no all day meetings. All in all I didn't do bad. Not completely POP but pretty good except the one unprepared day. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Katy66
01-18-2008, 04:11 PM
Shannon - I'm curious about your being on Plan 2 starting in January. Did you move to that on your own? I'm asking because I was plateauing when they moved me from purple to number three and I think it is because of the added starches. When I mentioned moving to plan 2 now they said I couldn't until I was at 190????

cecil
01-18-2008, 04:14 PM
I am on plan 3 and they said I wouldn't move to plan 3 until I was under 180?????? I don't get it!

Katy66
01-18-2008, 04:18 PM
It is frustrating to get so much conflicting information....although I guess they don't know we are "talking":)

cecil
01-18-2008, 04:25 PM
Someone told me that it has to do with the percentage of weight that you have lost. If that was true it woul dmake a little bit more sense.

BarbaraB
01-18-2008, 05:18 PM
I heard it was how far above your goal weight you were, but that is just a guideline and some counselors are willing to be "flexible" in their thinking on who needs to be on which plan and some are very regimented about it (which is silly since we are all different and are not all good at picking reasonable goal weights)

MTdebster921
01-18-2008, 05:56 PM
Hi guys,

I know I am a few days behind here, but there are few that I'd like to shout out to...

Stacy- Congratulations on the baby!!! That is wonderful news.

Liza- Happy belated birthday!!! Sounds like you had a good one.

Kristen- Way cute cake and cupcakes and what a beautiful little lady you have there. It looks like she was having a lot of fun.

Dionne- I hope you are feeling better. I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth out the day before my birthday. I had to have 8 stitches on one side because the tooth was growing in sideways and they had to bust it out with a hammer and chisel ( that's what it felt like anyway), and 4 stitches on the other side. The best part was the vicodin.

Janelle- I'm with the others, just go in and check it out. I don't think it is restrictive at all. Most have changed to a numbered plan that has more food on it than the colored plans.

Jillian- I'm sorry that you are still feeling so bad. Have you talked to anybody about it??? Please do, you don't deserve to feel so down all the time.

Katie- As I was reading, I thought - man, I wouldn't stay and work that many hours and who cares if they haven't hired anybody to fill your spot, then I kept reading and sighed with relief that you went ahead and quit. Good for you, you were so much happier when you were doing home daycare anyway huh?

Cecilia and Katy- The change on the plans is decided by your ideal weight and you height, so it is different for each person. There is a chart in the newbie thread that shows the breakdown.

Woke up to about 4 inches of snow and still snowing this morning. I braved the roads to go WI and stock up on groceries. Now the sun is shining and roads are melting, but it's still about 20 degrees. BRRRRR.

WI netted me a .8 lb. loss. Pretty good since last week was the visit from auntie flo and she was NOT nice to me at all. I also saw an ad for a new (to me anyway) restaurant downtown that serves all healthy low fat/not fat, low cal and low sugar foods. I will have to go check it out sometime. Stephanie, have you heard of that place?

Now I have to go cut and chop up all those fresh fruits and veggies. Gonna have Shrimp Scampi and Linguini, Yummo!

Ternoway
01-18-2008, 06:12 PM
Hi everyone,
I've been MIA for awhile so I hope you are all doing well. I'll never get caught up on all the threads so I'm just starting fresh. I went completely astray over the holidays and just enjoyed the food. I didn't even bother going to weigh in so I really fell off the wagon. Luckily I didn't pay too badly for it and only managed to put on about a pound and a half which is truly miraculous! But, here I am again ready to get back at it. I went to weigh in today and am happy to say that I'm losing again and have lost the holiday gains and a little more to boot. So here's to sticking with the New Year's Resolution for once!

Lynx
01-18-2008, 08:14 PM
TGIF everyone,
Hope you have a good weekend planned.
Well, the stars aligned for me today. Correct that - the scales aligned for me today.

I am very pleased to report that I am at my goal weight of 134.8 (COD weigh in).

YOU CAN DO THIS TOO. Thank you everyone for your well wishes and for your continued help with ideas, recipes, and emotional support during my long journey to a smaller, healthier me. I feel very fortunate that I found this board and the wonderful people who are here.

What I want to know now is who is next?

Lynn
Original goal of 50 lbs lost - accomplished
Revised goal of 65 lbs lost - accomplished

cecil
01-18-2008, 08:17 PM
Lynn! Congrats! I am sooo happy for you! Way to go! You rock! Such an inspiration! bet it feels great! I am sooo proud of you!

Ternoway
01-18-2008, 08:18 PM
Congratulations Lynn!!!! That's g!ot to feel pretty fantastic!

dolphn545
01-18-2008, 08:21 PM
Lynn - WOOHOO!!!!!! Congrats to you!! :bravo::cp::dancer::high: I hope you will still continue to post!! Let us know how maintenance goes for you.

Jillian - :hug: Glad you're checking in.

:wave: to everybody!

whatazoo
01-18-2008, 08:21 PM
:carrot::carrot::carrot:
Great Job Lynn!! WOOHOO You have done such a great job. I can't wait to join you!

GrandmaCindy
01-18-2008, 08:23 PM
Congrats. Using you for encouragement and inspiration!

MTdebster921
01-18-2008, 08:37 PM
Lynn- CONGRATULATIONS!!! I think it is now time for a new avatar, so we can see the new svelte you!!

Repo girl
01-18-2008, 09:09 PM
Yahoooooo Lynn! Way to go!

Debbie24
01-18-2008, 09:37 PM
Lynn Congrats!!! You are such an inspiration as i've mentioned before. You are planning on sticking around right? We need your expertise. I hope to be next but i know i have a long way to go. Congrats again.

Tuesday Cool
01-18-2008, 09:44 PM
Well, it is Friday night and I am enjoying some liquid fruit. I have been down two weeks in a row. Celebration is in order!
Just today realized that I have not had any joint pain for 3 weeks or more. Nothing. No low back pain, no sciatic nerve pain, no shoulder or knee pain. Not sure if my weight loss is the major factor but it has to be.
Last year when I lost my first 20# I stopped having acid reflux and now no pain - a constant issue for many years. Not agony, but this ever persistent knowledge that I was uncomfortable. It really caused me to hate my body more than the weight. No kidding the realization almost made me cry with joy. I hope to never go back.
:D

Angie
01-18-2008, 10:15 PM
I'm too far behind to catch up on personals, but I do want to say:

:celebrate: CONGRATULATIONS LYNN ON REACHING YOUR GOAL!! :celebrate:

You are truly an inspiration. Your commitment to losing weight and eating right is just out of this world, and definitely something I aspire to.

I have been perfectly POOPY over the last few days. :o Using being busy as an excuse to not plan or make poor choices. Silly really. Back on track for tomorrow.

Debbie24
01-19-2008, 08:21 AM
Morning everyone!

The scale is not moving much for me, its going reeeal slow. I guess a loss is a loss but geez how disappointing when i've been POP for 3 weeks now. Oh well i'm going to keep my head up and stick with it.

Angie - Are you back to being POP today?? Ithink once you make up your mind you can do it.

Cecilia - How did TO go yesterday?

:wave: everyone else, hope you all have a good day.

POP day today right!?!

Livingmybestlife
01-19-2008, 09:49 AM
I have been reading this site for a few weeks now and decided to join!
I joined LA on 8 of Jan and have 60lbs to lose. I'd be incredibly happy to lose it by the summer, but that may be unrealistic.
I'm not married, no kids, but have one furry child, a poodle. I'm an elementary school teacher and am enjoying the plan so far.
I'm going in for a weigh in today, and hope to see the scale drop!!

Have a great Saturday everyone.

Dan2112
01-19-2008, 11:03 AM
WAY TO GO LYNN!!!! That's fantastic news and I hope everyong looks to you for the inspiration that you are!!

Have a great day all!!

lizababe
01-19-2008, 11:21 AM
Woo hoo Lynn! Congratulations!!!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I"m going to go play in the desert in a little bit. Should be fun!

I was POP all week and last night had two small slices of pizza. I knew in advance they would be there so I saved my starches, fat and a dairy. I didn't do WI first thing this morning.. I just wanted to sleep and I haven't had much of that lately. I don't think the sclae would've gone down any since I haven't been able to get out and exercise since Tuesday. Hopefully the frolicking in the desert and getting out with doggie tomorrow will bring it down! Either way, I'm eating healthy again and feeling better for it!

POP weekend everyone!

lizababe
01-19-2008, 12:00 PM
Well, I take that back. No desert for me today. I walked into the living room and apparently the dog ate something bad and had the runs during the night. It's EVERYWHERE. So steam cleaner it is for me today :(

bayoubelle68
01-19-2008, 01:05 PM
Hey, guys!

Congratulations, Lynn! Great news!

I slept as late as DD would allow this morning (about 7:30) and got up to see it SNOWING outside!! It NEVER snows here! We've lived here for 15 years and I have never seen snow. It was also raining at the time, so, of course, the snow wasn't sticking, but it was just so cool to see those big, fat flakes coming down! Both kids and I glued our noses to the windows and watch. According to the reports, it actually snowed for about 4 hours! We only got to see one, but it was nice! DS wanted to go outside, but since it was raining and 32 degrees, I didn't let him.

I took them to McDonald's to meet some friends and I got to visit with my friend. We used to be very best friends, but have drifted apart in the past 3 or 4 years and really don't talk a whole lot anymore. No animosity. We've both just changed a lot and don't seem to have an awful lot in common except for the kids. It makes me sad sometimes, but I don't dwell on it. I figure God puts two people together to be friends at the time when they need something from each other and when that need has passed, they move on. My two consistent best friends have been my best friends since kindergarten and 5th grade, respectively. Those kinds of friendships don't come along very often, so I know I'm blessed.

Anyway, the kids had fun, we're home, and getting ready to take them to run in a race. I can't believe they are cancelling the race. It's SO cold! Our photography company is taking pictures at the race and I felt really guily asking the other photographers to come in this weather!

BTW, for those of you who pray, please pray that we sell our old house soon. We've been paying two mortgages since July and it's really starting to put a strain on us! We've only had the house on the market for a month and a half, but we REALLY need to sell it! Thanks!

almsthere
01-19-2008, 03:18 PM
Hello, all! I've had a hard time getting online to post. Anyone else have problems with this site over the last few days?

So, I am up a few pounds from the past weekend...I went out to Fuddruckers for lunch on my trip back home. I'd hadn't been home in a long time. But even though I stayed on track the rest of it, it took me all week to lose the bloat feeling and I can't believe I am that sensitive to carbs!

Yikes. SO, still 143. Am feeling very hormonal and waiting to see if I am pregnant this month! Keep on acting like I'm not food wise until I know for sure....I am just raving for chocolate... It's crazy! So far, POP again, though.

Definately, less motivated than I was last week. My desire to eat hasn't been all that great so I am having a hard time getting waters and all my food in. I think I am an emotional eater and am definately in a funk!

equinetcan
01-19-2008, 04:33 PM
hello everybody,

Not much new to report from this end of the world but I figured I would make a quick post.

Living - (don't know your name) Its nice to see another canadian on here!! You should like it here, everybody is great.

Got weighed yesterday and was up 1.4 lbs from last week BUT I was wearing jeans as I had left my weigh in pants on my bed in the morning and I don't have time to go home through the day and get them. When I got home I saw that I was likely about 1/2 or so down actually but I'll have to wait till next friday to see how it goes. I get a new meal plan emailed to me on monday and there should be some new recipes for me to try on there.

Tomorrow I am making a chicken chili in my slowcooker for supper and to freeze for other meals through the week. I am also going to try and make a couple of other things too so I can freeze in containers for meals when I don't want or have time to cook. It works best for me. Love those cheap ziploc or glad containers. They come in handy so much for that.

Started the new position at work on tuesday past. I like it so far but there's a lot to learn over the next few months. I can't say I have nothing to do though...

I guess that's about it for me right now...I'll check in again later!! Have a good weekend!!!

Repo girl
01-19-2008, 10:31 PM
Welcome living!

Welcome back almsthere!!

Angie
01-20-2008, 07:19 AM
Debbie -- Yes, I was (almost) POP yesterday. I was short by one veg...so not too bad, and waaaay better than going over on the wrong foods! Keep the faith, I'm sure that your POPness is going to pay off in a BIG way soon.

LIvingmybestlife -- :welcome2: What part of Ontario do you call home?

Liza -- Hmmm...steam cleaning poop instead of frolicking in the desert. I think you got the short end of that stick. I bet that steam cleaning burned off a lot of calories though!

Felicia -- I'm crossing everything for you that your house will sell soon. Here is a little thing my MIL sent to me, that echoes your thoughts on friendship...
People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. When you know which one it is, you will know what to do for that person. When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed.
They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they are. They are there for the reason you need them to be. Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away. Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand. What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled , their work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.
Some people come into your life for a SEASON, because your turn has come to share, grow or learn. They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it, it is real. But only for a season.
LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons, things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person and put what you have learned to use in all other relatio nships and areas of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

KrispieD
01-20-2008, 10:05 AM
Congrats Lynn! I'm down 4lbs and recovering from birthday festivities. Off to gym and to watch my Packers today!!
Hope you all had a great weekend!

zambejaly5
01-20-2008, 11:20 AM
YAY LYNN!!!!!!!!! Big Congrats! I can't wait to see that number....or something close to it.

I have been very POP!! and it is paying off. I started the, not eating after 5 (ish) rule again and have dropped a pound a day for 3 days! Not that I think I will keep losing a pound a day. but I sure see the weight loss soar when I don't eat after 5. I also try to eat my "dinner" amount of food at lunch and the supper is a lighter "lunch" amount. that seems to be helping too. If I get hungry in the evening I am convincing myself that that feeling is not hunger, it is fat burning. and the fat is crying out in pain because it is disappearing forever! helps me not eat in the evening.

I am so anxious to move my ticker. right now it is about 3 lbs for the week. but I will be a good girl and wait til tomorrow morning!

on a down note (at least for me) Friday night the front axle on our Tahoe broke. we had to call Onstar and have them tow it to the dealership. they said they wouldn't be able to look at it until Monday..... maybe, and won't be able to tell us if it will be covered under our extended warrenty or not. ..... Great.

better try to be productive!
happy weekend all!

Prazteam
01-20-2008, 02:43 PM
Gosh, just read through 5 pages! (good grief) Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
I'm spending the day with the family, ODS is at the bowling center working. We're going to be POOP this evening. DH enjoys his "off" day on Sundays since it's the only literal day off he gets, he also enjoys being off plan for one meal.
Okay, gotta go, he's cooking chicken for us for the start of the week and I need to get in there and help out.
Hugs,

Repo girl
01-20-2008, 08:05 PM
Hey Pearl, good to see you!

I am going to be POP today. It is dinner time and I still have S,D,V,V,V. I can do this. I am doing this!

ChopperChick355
01-20-2008, 08:19 PM
:cheer::cheer:Congratulations Lyn! :cheer::cheer:That is awesome reaching goal man I can't wait but I guess it will come soon enough.

LizzyW
01-20-2008, 09:33 PM
Hey there everyone,

Well I do plan to do a 5 day plateau breaker this week. It is much easier for me to accomplish during the week when I am at work that on weekends, when I am at home and do the run around. Wish me luck on that...

Everything has been well. I haven't lost any weight because I have been slacking so much. I haven't gained much, but not losing any either. I need to be back on track. I have 20# left and really need to reach it. I am going to need all your help as well as hubby.

Hope everyone is doing well. Seems like you are. I am going to get these kids ready for bed, so will check in with a WI tomorrow. Night all.

Liz

Repo girl
01-20-2008, 11:20 PM
Good luck with the plateu breaker Liz!