Old 01-14-2008, 07:19 AM   #1  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Default Jan 14-20 2008 Losers and Friends Thread

Wake Up.....it's a brand new day; it's a brand new week! What have you done for yourself lately?
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 07:24 AM   #2  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Good morning Joni! I got back on plan.. that's what I'm doing for myself!
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 07:34 AM   #3  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

It's might early for Liza to be up.....even too early to walk Buster Boy!!

Has anyone tried these yet?....
Yotta Bars - Yotta Bar is a chewy granola bar that contains 6 to 9 hidden vegetables and one full serving of veggies and fruit per bar, yet they taste like cherry, orange or apple cinnamon.

http://www.undercoverveg.com/ Click on 'learn more' to see the ingredients...very interesting; a bit pricey and I know whole fruits and veggies are best, but this may be a nice, healthier snack choice.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 07:54 AM   #4  
Sara

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/145

Height: 5"3"

Good morning all,

Don't know if you all remember me back I'm back on plan! I started LA last January and manged to loose over 40 lbs. Had a lot of issues over the past few months so I took a break....but now I'm full pledged back on plan...committed and now on Plan # 3 (no lites). I still can go to my centre until April (that is what I have ,without having to resign and spend more money...we'll see). I would like to ultimately reach my goal of 145. I know this will be hard but I know I can do this, and for this reason I need all your support. I also would love to be able to help all of you as much as possible by being part of this special group again. I have also joined the Biggest Loser Challenge, which I am a Red team member.

In the past you have all been so important to me and always kept me motivated and on plan, I'm hoping this will continue. I hope I can pick up from where I started here and feel welcomed.

Have a wonderful day.

Last edited by bella mia; 01-14-2008 at 07:57 AM.
bella mia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:14 AM   #5  
Time to get back on track

S/C/G: 295/295/150

Height: 5'8

Good morning all! I am going to officially say that this is going to be the best week ever! I can feel it. Let's stay POP, exercise and be generally healthy all week long. We are amazing, so it will be no problem! That is what I want to do for myself this week!

Liza- It is sooooooooo early for you to be up! Are you too an early morning worker? I have to be at work at 6am everyday. Have a POP day!

Sara- Good on you for getting back with it! You can do this and we will all make sure of it! Good luck this week and stay POP!

Joni- OMG... that sounds like an amazing bar. Anyway I can get in my veggies without having to eat so many veggies would be awesome! Have you tried them? Can you only find them online? Let us know! POP!

Personals are so easy when there are only 3 people to respond to! Ha! At 9am it will be another story! Later POPstars!
michie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Morning All!!

Hi Joni, Liza, michie.

Welcome back Sara.

So i'm down another 1.8lbs. YAY. Its going slowly but as long as it keeps going down i'm happy. Of course DH is down 3.2lbs and thats 6.6lbs total. I'm so happy for him but pretty soon he'll be passing me and once again weigh less. Anyway POP week here i come.

Hope everyone has a POP day!!

Last edited by Debbie24; 01-14-2008 at 08:18 AM.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:54 AM   #7  

LOL @ me being up early. My first report is at 5AM sharp every morning. That means I should be in here by 4:45AM to prep for it. Usually at that point I'm at the Starbucks drive thru and come skating in at 4:59AM and somehow I still pull it together. I always wonder who the other people are on the roadways at that hour and why they're there... That should be one perk to being at work before the sun is up every day that I don't have to wait for anyone on the road!

Michelle - great attitude on the week! I'm right there with ya!

Joni - Good morning again Sunshine :-)

Sara - Welcome back! We'll help you get to your goals!

Debbie - congrats on your loss! Don't worry about how much your husband loses.. you know guys always do it faster. But keep on your on great work!

Back to work.. for now.

Last edited by lizababe; 01-14-2008 at 08:54 AM.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:51 AM   #8  
LAWL Salt Police

Morning ladies (and Jason)...

Welcome back Sara! You're always welcome here.. Post early, post often!

Still recovering from my horrible fall off the wagon this past weekend... Played raquetball last night and rolled my dang ankle, so it's hurting this morning.. I'm a mess... What can I say...

My raquetball partner, who while thin, is just getting back into the exercise thing, is trying to convince me to do a triathalon with him in May... I'm hesitant, but at the same time, wondering if I could actually pull it off.. It would mean a LOT of training... We'll see.. I still have some time to decide...

Have a great day all, and KEEP LOSING!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:00 AM   #9  
sscott

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend. We had a weekend with a surprise. I found out that I am pregnant! Oh my! I couldn't be more shocked or excited. I know I won't be able to go to the center any more, but my sister, who is an MD, said I can keep up with the program. She said that because I am heavy as long as I am eating enough fruits, veggies, and lean protien the baby will take what it needs from my reserves. So, I am planning on making healthy choices. I am not going to focus on weightloss right now, just making good choices. So, with that said, I would like to still hang around here with you guys. I am going to remove my tickers so I don't worry about the weight and I am going to worry about eatig healthy! Yippy, a baby is always reason to celebrate!
Old 01-14-2008, 10:07 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Professionally I pulled of a great event yesterday. We had a Spay Day at the shelter where we spayed or neutered 80 feral cats in one day! This is huge as all those cats would have been providing us with hundreds of kittens this spring! If 40 of those cats were female (actually 46 were) and they each had a litter of 6 kittens we would have seen 240 kittens. By late summer those females can have a second litter providing another 240 kittens. By fall the first kittens would be producing litters themselves. And so on, and so on...
I was exhausted last night and ordered pizza. I ate 3 slices but had to pull the cheese off as it was way over whelming. I have been noticing that some foods I used to eat are just too rich for me now. I guess that is good.
I am back on plan this morning and by some miracle did not gain over the weekend.
Good luck to all.
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:23 AM   #11  

Hey Tuesday - great job on the spay event!

Since you work at a shelter and see an array of problems... do you have any experience with mast tumors on cats? I think that's what mine has. He's been chewing his paw raw and bloody this weekend and it's very swollen. He's an indoor cat and I didn't find any sort of wound on there. He's not in any pain it seems, doesn't favor it while walking and has his appetite. I looked all over the web trying to find an explanation and the only thing I could find was a mast cell tumor.. though there's more information on it for dogs than cats. Poor thing. Getting him into a carrier and off to the vet is also an adventure. He doesn't like to be held at all, is very nervous and very slippery.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:33 AM   #12  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Congratulations Stacy!

and a special welcome back to my dear friend Sara!!!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:40 AM   #13  
LAWL Salt Police

Congrats Stacy!!! That's great news!

Tuesday - I totally know what you mean about some foods becoming too rich... Once you're on the plan for a while, things like Pizza and the like become an amazing treat, but there are other things (at least for me) that I just can't handle anymore.. Things like a sliver of birthday cake or anything fried become overwhelming...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:51 AM   #14  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Happy Monday!!!

I am off today for one last day before I finally start my new position at work tomorrow. I can't wait to go to work tomorrow...now ain't that a treat??? I haven't done that in awhile. Of course we have yet another snow storm due to start this afternoon and go overnight so the drive in tomorrow will be a real bugger...but I don't have to go that far so I should be able to get there.

I didn't make it to my weigh in on friday as we had a freezing rain storm and the roads were really slippery and icy by 530 when my appt is for. and according to my home scale I am the same so i will go with that till I get weighed this friday. I'll update the weigh in thread after I leave here.

I never mentioned it before but after I stopped going to COD when my weeks ran out I was doing this on my own and then at the beginning of december I joined a local weight loss center here. I weigh in every friday for now. It is similar in structure to LA on the old colored plans but is a little more restricted. It works really well and they don't have the turnover like my center did and my coach that I am assigned to actually has nutrition training etc and he has also lost a ton of weight. I go to him every week so he knows me and can keep track of what i am doing etc. I can email him anytime with questions about my plan and he gets back to me the same day usually unless I email late in the day and then its first thing the next morning when he gets back to me. I really like it so far and I know people at work that have gone for awhile and lost a lot. I needed some kind of accountability and this so far seems to be working. I've lost 9 lbs since starting there and that included xmas and new years in there as well.

I hope you guys will still let me come here...I love keeping up to date with you guys and a lot of you ahve been there for when things were good and bad with me. I have fun checking in here and learn a lot from you guys.

Guess this was a little long...have a great day and I'll check in later....have a POP day!!!
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:51 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

OH MY Goodness! 10 pages of posts to catch up on and I just checked in on Friday, sheesh!

Congrats to all you losers, seems like everybody is getting their head back in the game!

I was POP for over a week and man it felt good. You'd think that after doing this for over a year that I wouldnt be surprised anymore at how much better I feel when I'm eating right! I had a good loss at the COD Friday. I went to WI twice last week, havent done that in a LONG time. I followed my loss with homemade pizza Friday night! LOL I decided to stick as close to plan as I can and allow myself one day every couple of weeks to eat something just because I want it! I should be able to do that on maintenance without hurting myself too bad! :::crossing fingers:::

Good to see some faces back and checking in!! And a big welcome to all the new people! There seem to be more everyday!

Have an absolutely amazing week everybody!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote