Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 01-14-2008, 02:54 AM   #1  

Default Hi - New

Hello, I am DieTryin

I am new to this site. All week I have been lurking. I have been trying to figure out which thread I should join in on. After a week of ups and downs with my Autoimmune Disease (Graves) I think I should concentrate on this thread.

Looking over all the threads these are the ones I could have joined:
100 lb club
40- Something
Faith Based

These all looked good….but I just don’t want adivce from others who just don’t understanding that my body is working against me………..literally

I am looking forward to geting to know you,
DieTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:50 PM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

DIETRYIN ~ I don't know much about GRAVES Disease, so I will google it later. We have ladies on our PHYSICAL CHALLENGES thread that have MS which is probably similar. There is a FIBROMYALGIA thread in this forum as well. It is much harder to lose weight when you have physical challenges to deal with too.

Mine interfere with my ability to walk and exercise (a lot of pain issues); so I have to focus more on the eating plan. That makes my weight-loss much slower, but I am focusing on other Non-Scale Victories (NSV) like sizes and lost inches, which still go down even when the scales are slow.

I post in both the CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS and PHYSICAL CHALLENGES threads. You can post in more than one; I sometimes post in others now and then too. It's just a matter of how much time you have available. Come on back and tell us more about yourself; we would be glad to have you join us anytime.

ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-16-2008 at 09:54 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:40 AM   #3  

Thanks Justwant2Bhealthy....Wow two weeks since I was on last. After posting on here I was hit with everything from one dd running a 106 fever to my dislocated tailbone acting up. Which I did from biking a couple months ago when I tried to diet during the summer. Now I am having pain all the time. To having a reaction the supplement my DR put me on….So I am like you I am going to just think about what is going between my lips. I made some charts up for me to keep track of my food intake. I am going to try to stay around 1200 calories and 35 grams of fiber…. So I'll just try to do that real well.

About myself..I have been married 24 years and have 8 kids. I am a stay at home mom and I Home School my children. I really wanted to lose a lot of weight this year..I had big plans...Didn't get passed the first 2 weeks.
I have been fight to get better for about 4 years now. Like I said before I have Graves ‘disease which is a type of autoimmune disease that causes over-activity of the thyroid gland. In most people it causes weight loss BUT in 20% of people it causes weight gain….GUESS which bracket I am in….you got it..The weight gain side. I make no TSH at all. But I can’t take meds because my leaves are not stable. So my DR has me on some kind of supplements. I started two weeks ago tacking them and it put me in a reaction. I had to stop taking everything. So today I start anew. I just have to play around with the supplements to see which one is causing the reaction.

These are the most common symptoms of Graves’ Disease:
• trouble sleeping
• fatigue
• trouble getting pregnant (Not for me I have 8 kids)
• frequent bowel movements
• irritability
• weight loss without dieting ( 20 % gain weight )
• heat sensitivity
• increased sweating
• muscular weakness (Sometime it is hard for me to out of my chair.)
• changes in vision or how your eyes look
• lighter menstrual flow (not me)
• rapid heart beat
• hand tremors
Joint pain
WellI am off. Please pray for me..That this will be a good week.
Thanks DieTrying
DieTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:11 PM   #4  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

SENDING SOME HUGS YOUR WAY

Sorry to hear that you have been having such a rough time of it the past two weeks. WOW, eight kiddies; we had lots in our family (six). Gee, with illnesses to boot, that can't be easy. Yes, Graves does sound a lot like MS in it's symptoms; there are similarities to Fibro, Parkinson's, Menopause, and probably some other conditions as well. Isn't it interesting that there are so many auto-immune diseases now that are so similar???

ANYWAYS, focusing on your eating plan is the best idea for now, becuz you can see change rather quickly. You are probably busy just looking after your family and your home; esp with all that home schooling (you're brave). This summer I only lost 3 lbs, but I did lose 12 inches over my body, so that is a huge difference, plus I lost another double size in my clothes which is nice too. It all makes a difference ...

Yes, I will pray that you have a better week; and we hope to hear from you again soon. Take good care ROSEBUD
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote