100 lb. Club - Accountability/Menus/Planning 1/14 - 1/20

rakel
01-13-2008, 11:32 PM
Are you looking for some accountability? This is a great place to get it and support too!

I decided to start a new thread here, because I notice that when I post things Sunday night they are often overlooked by the Monday thread, and I wanted all of the Accountability thread regulars know what I have been up to.

That said, sorry I have been MIA for most of this week! We had a conference at our church with dinners every day. So as you could imagine, a buffet with lots of not good for you foods. It has been both a blessing and a curse, a blessing because the kind pastors wife has made sure that we took plenty of food home (knowing our current financial situation) so we have, so far, been able to avoid a major grocery store trip. However, it's a curse because I am still a little weak to be trusted with these foods, and since I have not had much time to exercise after I get done with work before I had to leave for the meetings. That's not to say that I couldn't have made time for it (I made time for it one day this week, but that's it), but the end result is that I may have taken a few steps back.

Now that the conference is over, things really should settle down and I should be able to get back on my routine with my food journal and exercise. One pro to all of this, is that it's been about 2 months since I've really lost any weight, so starting up again full throttle may have a similar affect to when I first started my program in August. If not, though, I won't be disappointed. I know that if I stay true to my plan, it can only improve myself mentally, physically and yes, even emotionally.

As for my personal life -- I'm finally on a day schedule (for the most part) now. We (my fiance and I) still don't have any jobs, but my freelancing work is starting to pick up again. I have an interview on Tuesday with another company, and John is going on an interview on Thursday and the local community college.

My fiance keeps asking if I have given up on my diet. I don't care how bad it looks or how badly I've screwed up in anyone's eyes, in my eyes, I can tell a difference. Even when I have overate this week, I only felt mildly uncomfortable and never stuffed myself so full that I was miserable, as I have done in the past. It may not be the kind of improvement I want to have ultimately, but it IS an improvement. I am not discouraged by that in the least. Yes, I haven't been that good, but yes, I am going in a better direction than I was going a year ago.

I also find that as I continue down this and notice all of the changes, it is easier for me to admit things that I was embarrassed about before, like how much I used to eat a day, typically, or when activities tired me out but I always tried to "tough it out" so that I didn't look like my weight was holding me back.

I don't really want to lose weight so quick that my emotions can't keep up with the changes in my body. I also don't want to set myself up for failure by setting perfection as my standard to live by. Sure, maybe if I was perfect I would have lost another 10 to 20lbs by now, but there is NO sense in beating myself up over that, and I know it!

Anyway, there's also the added stress of beginning the serious preparations for my wedding with all of the financial setbacks that I have -- my parents are going to send me some money that they promised they would give me, so that will help me take care of some things before hand.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-14-2008, 07:38 AM
Good morning, 3FC Friends! Rakel, Thanks for getting us started today.

Hope everyone had a great on-plan weekend and are ready for a great on-plan week. So, what is your plan for today? Does everyone need accountability partners? What are you having to eat today?

One gentle reminder please.....for anyone who starts our weekly thread for us...please make sure the first post explains what this thread is about and invites everyone to join us. We have so many new posters here on the 100lb club and we certainly want everyone to know they are welcome.

Linda - Please let us know when you hear about the job. You must be on pins and needles. I'm hoping to hear great news for you.
Beverly - I hope you'll be able to exercise soon. It must be so frustrating.
Nicole - Glad to hear that you're still feeling motivated. After being around here for a while, we both know what it usually means when someone goes "silent."
Purple - Glad to hear that the cravings have gone away...that is reason to celebrate!
MJ - Hope your dog has a great weigh-in.:)

This morning, I have a doctor's appointment for my yearly physical. I'm fasting for my bloodwork...which is a really good thing. I need a jump start for getting back on-plan this morning. My weekend wasn't so great. I was upset about not losing anything and I allowed myself to comfort myself with food. Crazy, huh? I didn't make myself feel any better and I have a 1.6 pound gain to show for it. Today, I'm back on board and ready to do something. I'm re-starting Phase 1 of Southbeach and I will be on the treadmill everyday.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

Purplefirefly
01-14-2008, 08:33 AM
rakel--nice to hear from you, and I'm sorry things are so rough right now :hug: You are doing your best and keeping your health in the front of your mind, so you are doing better than a lot of people would in your situation. There is something really good coming your way I'm sure...you just have to keep looking for the cracked door and kick it open.

My plan for today:

1600 calories
4-6 bottles water
at least an hour of cardio, but I'm planning to do an hour this AM and an hour this evening

This is the kids busy day and I have a feeling I'll have to go get my daughter from school again...she insists on going even though I could tell she did not feel good, and she was just rotten and grumpy this morning, I was kinda glad when she got out of the van :lol: she is not normally like that, so I knew she was not feeling well. I think it might be a growing thing, she's just not been pleasant the past couple weeks :(

mj5
01-14-2008, 09:34 AM
Good Morning! I cannot belive it, but I forgot to weigh myself this am! Not a big deal, but Monday am is my weigh in and 'hopefully' move my ticker day! Oh well, I will do it tomorrow.

Rakel--Thanks for getting us started. Sounds like you have a good plan for moving forward.

Rhonda--Good luck at your physical today--not that you'll need luck, of course! Good for you for getting right back at it! That's cute, I can't wait to see what her weigh in is either! ;)

Purplefirefly--Hope your daughter feels better soon! Sounds like a great plan for today!

Ok, I have a million things to do, but I finally at breakfast and have started drinking water, which are two good things!

Have a great day!

Beverlyjoy
01-14-2008, 10:07 AM
Hi folks...I had a good food day yesterday. I am glad.

Today I go see the foot doc - tell him that even being in the pool makes my foot hurt (still, 8 days later - ugh) & see what he says. Back is improving. YAY.

foot doctor
water, water, water,
journal food
PMA - positive mental attitude - this one is hard lately
meditation

breakfast - kashi cereal, soy milk, 1/2 banana
snack - cooked flax
lunch - eggwhite & cheese omlette, toast, asparagus
snack - ff cottage cheese, 1/2 banana
dinner - boca burger/lite cheese, sweet potato, green beans
snack - cereal, fruit, milk

Rhonda - yes...it's really frustrating to not be able to exercise and do the things I want. I just need to remember that - things heal in their own time frame. (not always mine) Thanks. Good luck at the doctor.

Mj5 - hope your ticker moves next weigh in...it's so rewarding when it does.

Purple - good plan..and hope your daughter feels better soon.

Rakel - here's to life getting a bit easier. Take care -

Everyone have a great and healthy day.

Schmoodle
01-14-2008, 11:07 AM
Hi chicks, last day of Ph1, tomorrow oatmeal; here's today:
B - Deviled Eggs, V8, turkey bacon, coffee
S - string cheese
L - cottage cheese, cucumber, grape tomatoes
S - LCLC and celery, latte
D - Shrimp and Cashew Stir Fry
S - Yogurt

Rakel, good luck with the job hunting. I know it feels good to get back to a regular routine. That's so helpful with staying on plan. It's great that you can recognize the permanent changes you've made. That's one step closer to success!
Good for you Rhonda.You'll get through Ph1 this time!
hi purple, how old is DD? Maybe she has hit the grumpy stage!
Good morning mj!
Sorry your foot is still a bother beverlyjoy. Hope it heals up soon.
Hope all you chicks have a great day!

nicolen
01-14-2008, 12:02 PM
Morning everyone!

Gosh, 2 weeks into the year already - it's flying by! Isn't that a sign I'm getting old?

Down 2 lbs this morning. :carrot: Hopefully everything is starting to go in the right direction. I've got a session with my personal trainer tonight and hopefully she's going to come up with a new programme for me. It'd be good to move onto something different - as much as I'm enjoying the gym, it's starting to feel as if I'm at the start of a rut.

Rakel, sending you and John happy thoughts for your interviews!

Rhonda, yep, we've seen a few people come and go - I've done it myself on a couple of occasions! I am motivated, I'm trying to be around, but time is really against me at the moment. Good luck at the doctor's!

Purple, sounds like a good day! Hopefully your daughter's not too ill!

MJ, forgot to weigh yourself! Good grief! ;)

Beverly, good luck with the foot doctor!

Schmoodle, yay for getting through Phase 1. Awesome stuff.

Have fun everyone! :hug:

famograham
01-14-2008, 12:57 PM
Thanks Rhonda :) I still haven't heard anything, so I sent her an email right at 9:00 this morning.

I'm starting to fear I didn't get it :( My immediate thought is that she didn't want me because of my fatness. I know it's illegal to do that, but they could say it was for any other reason. That's a bad way to look at it....but it's my automatic thought. I will let you know as soon as I hear anything.

I have a dilemma sitting right here in front of me on my desk that is more pressing at the moment however! My best friend stops by some mornings before she has to go to work. She is almost a big as me and we've been eating buddies since about grade 2. This morning she brought me a coffee and a Bacon 'n Egger and a hashbrown from A&W! I LOVE these and the smell is KILLING ME! I need to throw it out...but it's callllling me! It's over 600 calories.

I've been on plan and under calories for 13 days straight...I don't know if 5 minutes of greasy pleasure is going to feel good afterwards!

Hellllp!?!?!

:hug:
Linda

GirlyGirlSebas
01-14-2008, 01:05 PM
Bacon 'n Egger and a hashbrown from A&W! I LOVE these and the smell is KILLING ME! I need to throw it out...but it's callllling me! It's over 600 calories.

Linda, you know what you should do. :coach: Throw it away! Now!....don't look, don't taste!! I know you're probably feeling a bit stressed with waiting for word about the job, but trust me....the Egger & hashbrown will not make you feel better.

famograham
01-14-2008, 01:15 PM
THANK YOU, my dear friend!!!!

I read your post, took the bag into the kitchen, opened everything and squished it into the yucky kitchen garbage. Not a bite.... :)
Now THAT'S progress! Thanks for holding me up!

:hug:
Linda

Schmoodle
01-14-2008, 08:20 PM
Whew, that was a close one, Rhonda and famograham! Good job guys!

rakel
01-14-2008, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the good vibes everyone! Today my eating has been much better, still no exercise though. I swear, applying for jobs is a full time job. I stepped on the scale today though and was surprised that I have only gone up a few pounds -- 277.5 - 278. I thought my many desserts would have made the damage a little more drastic, but nope. So that is at least encouraging!

Sorry about that Rhonda, I edited my post with an invitation, it totally slipped my mind!

Anyway, sounds like you girls are doing great! Keep it up!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-15-2008, 07:53 AM
Good morning, Accountability friends! How is everyone?

Yesterday, I did stick to my committment to get on the treadmill. I did 60 minutes! Then, I followed up with some leg/butt exercises from my Jillian Michael's book. Boy, I could sure feel those exercises! My legs were feeling quite weak when going up and down the stairs last evening. I thought I would be very sore this morning, but nothing yet. I'm sure it will hit me later today or tomorrow morning. Eating was okay. On the way back from the doctors, I stopped for gas and got a doughnut and a Starbucks drink. I had a terrible headache...probably from the fasting. I know..not a good excuse. The good news is that I stayed on-plan for the rest of the day.

Nicole - Congratulations on your 2 pound loss! :carrot:
Purple - How is your daughter feeling? It is very possible that she is going through "growing pains." I have two DDs, 11 and 8, and they put me through many many "growing pains." :D
MJ - You forgot to weigh?! My goodness....I can't imagine.:D
Beverly - What did the foot doctor tell you? I hope he had some great plans for helping you heal. So glad to hear that your back is better.
Schmoodle - Shrimp & Cashew stir fry sounds great. Is this a SB recipe?
Rakel - Its great news that your scales wasn't up as much as you imagined! Glad to hear that your eating was better. I know how stressful job hunting can be.
Linda - How's your job hunting situation? Still no word? I know that must be so frustrating. But, remember, if this job doesn't come through, there is something better out there for you.

Today's plan - Southbeach foods only, walking on the treadmill for at least 30 minutes and will do some type of upper body exercise/weight training.

Beverlyjoy
01-15-2008, 08:06 AM
Hi folks! I had a good food day yesterday.

I saw the foot doctor and he says that I've reinjured my postibular tendon in my foot and ankle. He padded it in a way that will take the pressure off. Absolutely no weight baring exercises for about six weeks. My back is improving - but, I'll just stick with gentle stretches for now. It's very frustrating to have to two problems at once. I'll get thru it.

I weighed myself yesterday and stayed the same again for a second week. It's disappointing - however, I feel like it's not just the weight....it's eating healthfully, too. So, I know that I've hit a plateau, apparently, and I will start losing again sooner or later (sooner would be best). Since I have this big wrap thingy on my foot - I won't weigh for a while. You know - times before - hitting a plateau would send me back to the food - and today I am at peace with where I am and will carry on with my healthy plan. Go figure.

Plans for today:

must get letters done
meditation
ice and heat on my parts
journal food
lots of water

breakfast - kashi go lean, flax, yogurt
snack - clemintine
lunch -turkey pastrami, light cheese, aspargus
snack - apple, light cheese
dinner - pancake, turkey sausage, spagetti squash

Rakel - glad to hear that your eating has been better. :) Good luck with the interviews. Sometimes looking for a new job can be a job in itself.

Famogram - good for you!!! Destroying that food was a good step. YAY. :carrot:

Nicolen....down two pounds is fantastic! :D:carrot::D That's wonderful. I am glad your trainer will give you new ideas for the gym to keep in interesting.

Schmoodle - GREAT food plan. :D What LCLC - low calorie lite cheese??

Rhonda - 60 minutes on the treadmill is fantastic. :carrot: Good for you. Hope all went well at the doctor's office. Carry on!

I hope you all have a GREAT day.

Purplefirefly
01-15-2008, 08:51 AM
Morning, everyone! DD was back to normal this AM, but yesterday she just had a very bad day. She got her very first card pulled at school because she forgot to take her notebook out of her bag and put it in her cubby hole. I felt it was a bit extreme to penalize her for forgetting something when she was late and having a stressful morning...she has never had a card pulled and is an extremely well behaved chid, so it did get to me that she has a bad morning and they make her pull a card for something she simply forgot, I'm sure she forgot because she was late and just not herself yesterday :(

I had a really good day yesterday, despite all that. Got in 2 hours of cardio, stayed right on calorie limit, and drank 6 bottles of water, at least. Today I'm going for another on plan day.

Beverly--:hug: I hope everything heals soon...plateaus are hard, but even worse when you have other problems preventing you from bumping up exercise to break it.

Rhonda--EXCELLENT job on the treadmill!

rakel--You are so right! Looking for a job is stressful and time consuming...I still believe soemthing really great is on the way for you!

Linda--:cheer::cheer::cheer: That food has no power over you! You are strong in mind, spirit, and body...and YOU have the power to decide what crosses those lips. I'm very proud of you. And i"m proud of our little group here talking you through that....great work, ladies!

Schmoodle
01-15-2008, 09:31 AM
Morning chicks! Here's today:
B - oatmeal :carrot: with peanut butter, coffee
S - deviled egg, V8
L - lean ground beef patty, eggplant
S - cottage cheese with grape tomatoes, cucumbers, avocado, latte
D - Crockpot Mexican Beef, veggies
S - Yogurt with agave nectar

Even after 8 mos., it's amazing to me I can eat like this and still lose weight! I will only get in some walking today, but I'm supposed to start bowflexing with a friend tomorrow.

purple, sorry for DH. It's traumatic for us when our kids are unhappy. :(
beverlyjoy, sorry to hear about your foot. Your attitude is great though! LCLC is Laughing Cow Light Cheese. Yum!
Rhonda, if you find yourself at Starbucks again, order a skinny latte. They'll make it with skim milk and sugar free syrup. Yum, those are my favorite treat! The stir fry is not from a SB cookbook, but it's SB compliant. Just veg stir fried (I like carrots, onions, red and green peppers, garlic), throw in a handful of nuts to toast. Add shrimp and stir fry. Then put a little broth, soy sauce, fish sauce, and stir in a tsp of corn starch to thicken ( a little in cooking is okay on SB). Sooo yummy. But that's just the way I do it, you can do stir fries any old way you want. Once DH is gone, I'll be making these all the time because they're quick and i won't need to be cooking big meals.
:wave: Rakel. Good luck with the job hunting today.

kissingginger
01-15-2008, 10:52 AM
Morning everyone!

I know I've missed a few days on here...I've still been going strong, just not getting on the computer enough...there doesn't seem to be enough time.

I've got GOOD NEWS!!! TOM is over now and I am down to 261.4!!!!!!!All that perseverance paid off...finally - it was a long time to wait to see any results of my hard work.

That said, the bad news is I haven't been on my treadmill since last Friday. My last workout felt great, but I paid a big price for it - headaches from upper neck muscle tension, and a general achy-ness that wouldn't go away. The headaches were brutal. I'm still on advil, but I am feeling better.

Today's Plan:

b: oatmeal, tea, water
s: apple
l: potato and leek soup (homeade) - made with no cream and just 2 tbsps. of butter for a huge pot of it.
s: carrots
d: pork tenderloin (not sure if I will partake in it) steamed veggies and a salad for me.

Exercise : at least 30 min, on the treadmill.

Schmoodle: I like your eating plan :) it looks yummy...I have agave nectar, just never thought to put it in my yogurt?

Purple: sorry to hear DD had a bad day...does sound a bit extreme to me

Beverly: sorry to hear about your foot troubles...sounds like you are dedicated though!

Nicolen: wow 2 pounds!! that's awesome!:carrot:

Rhonda: excellent job on the treadmill....I hope to be joining you today!

Rakel: hang in there....job hunting is a full-time job. :)

Linda: I too, would be a conspiracy theorist and think that it was because I was fat. There could be a very good reason that has NOTHING to do with your weight as to why they haven't called, or given you the job. I do believe something will come your way. Hang in there!!! Oh and awesome job on that fast food......go read FAST FOOD NATION, and I promise you will never WANT to eat that junk stuff again. It's not even real eggs for goodness sakes...that stuff is killing North Americans......Fast Food companies are in it for the money, not your health!!!!! If you really must cave....go make yourself some real greasy eggs at home with real bacon and real bread and at least KNOW that (while it probably has the same amount of fat/calories) at least you aren't ingesting chemicals and food coloring and egg "flavour"- know that your meal is REAL food........Ugh,.....sorry for ranting.....!!!!! I could say so much more.........Most importantly--I am SUPER PROUD of you for throwing that stuff away.

Okay, hope I didn't miss anyone!! Have a great day!!!

Ginger :)

famograham
01-15-2008, 01:00 PM
Aww...thanks everybody, for the encouragement on the job front AND also on throwing out the A&W!!!

I know the right job will come along for me! I still haven't heard anything, but am less stressed about it now and open to other ideas. I just really had my head set on that particular job :)

:grouphug:
Linda

mj5
01-16-2008, 08:58 AM
Hi everyone! I'm still here! Just ridiculously busy...do I sound like a broken record yet?! I am still on plan w/ working out and food choices--water could be better and apparently needs to be--I feel 'puffy'.

Add me to the list of those who are frustrated w/ the scale! It didn't move this week! The good news is, I know I have lost inches. My clothes feel looser--my collar bones are making an appearance again and my face looks thinner! This may sound funny, but I think I may need to tighten my watch too! Still, something in me wanted to see that #, but it's ok! It's not the #, it's my health that matters!

Keep up the good work everyone!!!!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-16-2008, 09:19 AM
Good morning, Accountability Friends!

I'm on-plan and working out again.:carrot: Yesterday, I did another 60 minutes on the treadmill and some upper body weights. I'm not sore yet from my leg/butt workout from Monday. That does surprise me. I thought I'd be limping by now.

Beverly - Glad to hear that you now know what's going on with your foot. I know it must be so aggravating not to be able to exercise. Hang in there. This too shall pass.
Purple - 2 hours of cardio?! Wow. I'm impressed. You are going to be a Big Loser!
Schmoodle - Thanks for the reminding me about skinny lattes. How was bowflexing?
Ginger - Congratulations on your scale victory! :carrot:
Linda - I'm so glad that you're not as stressed about that job not coming through.
MJ - Inches loss is major! I do understand about the scale not moving, though. That number is such a tangible confirmation that we are successful.

My plan for today - My Southbeach friendly 3 meals and 3 snacks, 60 minutes of walking on the treadmill followed by leg/butt/tummy exercises.

Katy05
01-16-2008, 03:17 PM
Today's menu:

B One egg scrambled with tomatoes and onions on wheat toast with bacon (I could've done without the bacon but ughhh)
L Subway! 6 in turkey on wheat with spinach, tomatoes, carrots, banana peppers and easy lf honey mustard - no chips (which is huge for me - chips were my devil food)
S Banana
D Not sure, probably a bowl of special K since I'll be getting home late after working out

mj5
01-17-2008, 06:12 AM
Hi everyone! I thought I would take a few minutes before my day gets too busy to catch up w/ everyone. Sounds like we are all doing very well! Keep it up!!! Yesterday I did yoga, a one mile watp dvd and went to the gym after work. This morning I did a one mile watp dvd and after work I will go to the gym for about 30 mins of cardio--that's all I have time for this afternoon, but it is better than nothing!

Nicole--CONGRATS on the loss! That is great!!

famograham--Good for you for throwing away the sandwich!!! Rhonda was right, that would not have made you feel better!

Rakel--Sending you lots of ++ thoughts for something to turn up on the job front! Keep up the good work w/ eating and exercise!

Rhonda--Sounds like you are doing awesome!

Beverlyjoy--So sorry to hear about your foot! How frustrating! Good for you for staying positive! I know you can do this!!!

purplefirefly--Poor dd, I hope she has a better day! Go you!! Sounds like you are doing great!

Schmoodle--How was the bowflex?

kissinginger--Great job!

katy05--Hi!

I almost forgot....my dogs weigh in was fantastic! She is down 8.5lbs! (Much better than my weigh in LOL) The vet is thrilled! She could still lose 1-2 lbs, but he isn't terribly concerned. I seriously thought he was going to hug me he was SO happy to see that she was down so much weight. She is a beagle and that is a LOT of extra weight on a fairly small dog. We want her to live a long time, so we worked hard w/ her to get the weight off!

The next two days are going to be busy again, but hopefully productive. This weekend we are going to visit my inlaws so I don't know how much I will be around until next week. Just wanted to let everyone know--just in case I don't have time to check in!

cckayac
01-17-2008, 07:11 AM
Hello everyone I have been pretty busy this week but staying on task quite well thank goodness. My intakes have been with in my cals. I have started to reread my sb recipe and dietary book. Interesting info. I did learn that making sure I have some protein in each meal is important so I will try my best to do so. Also yesterday had a breakfast special out and asked them to hold the homefried potatoes now thats a biggy as its a favorite almost like that AW sandwich it did sound good but ohoh so bad for our inters. So I had my blk coffee which I am now limiting to 2 cups a day and poached eggs with raisin toast wiped off some of the butter with my napkin plotting away the girl thought I had lost my mind! Oh well! At any rate I have been eating better and exercising more. I haven't used the scale but by the mirror and my clothes feel better next friday I will use the scale. My new evening snack is a 100 cal yogurt with frozen sugar less just plain red raspberries and a about 15 peanuts for protien extra. Its great and I look forward to my evening snack need to shake it up a bit though with some diff. fruits and choices of yogurts. Talking to my son yesterday in HI gives me even more reason to want to look good when I wander the beach with my kids and gs and hubby. I will have to wear shorts way before my normal time and a suit. Maybe this is the year I will truly meet my goal I feel very motivated.
Rhonda nice advice for that sandwich and good for you too for getting rid of it before it landed on your hips how well I know. When we slip its so easy picking ourselves up isn't so easy.
Bev hang in there.
Rakel hope yah find something soon its not easy but it will happen for yah!
Everyone else just a quick hello gotta stop at my mom's and ck in on her today.
Yesterdays meals: B-2 poached 2 toast
l- gyro lamb
D- small bowl of pasta w/meat sauce homemade controled
s- yogurt, raspberries and nuts
Lots of water, plain tea and 2 blk coffees little glass of oj
Thats my day! Stairs a little walk in the a.m. and p.m. gym today!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-17-2008, 08:40 AM
Good morning! How's everyone today? Its been a little quiet around here. Hope that doesn't mean some of you are going through some big struggles. Please let us know if we can help. Sometimes, just coming here and talking helps to keep things in perspective.

MJ - Great news about your dog's weight loss! I have three of the little furbabies myself and I know how important it is to keep their weight under control. Hope you enjoy your visit with the in-laws.
cckayac - So glad to hear that you're doing well. I'm on Southbeach and eat protein with every meal and snack. Hopefully, it will work as well for you as it does for me.

Yesterday was the third consecutive day of working out for me. Looks like I've found my groove again.:D I'm back on my SBD, but I'm no longer trying to count calories. I am eating 3 meals and 3 snacks a day and not feeling hunger. Plus, the scales have moved down a bit.:carrot: And, the scales show a drop in body fat percentage from 51% to 50%. I've started some weight training and I walk on the treadmill for 60 minutes. Looks like exercise was exactly what I need to start my metabolism going again.

Purplefirefly
01-17-2008, 09:38 AM
:woohoo: we got snow! I was so excited I wanted to wake the kids up at 6AM before the sleet and rain set in to ruin it, but I contained myself and they got up at 8 and went out. My kids just aren't as into it. They were excited to see it, but the playing in it only lasted about 10 minutes and they wanted to go in for hot chocolate. They haven't looked back out there even once so I think it is done for the day :( we used to go sledding all day and night long, build snowmen, do angels, etc. My mom would have to make us come in to eat and dry off...but my kids were begging me to take them back in, oh well!

I did make a snow angel and felt silly, but I wanted to show them how and they both did one and were done :shrug:

I am still completely on plan, but TOM is here so I feel like I belong in the ocean with the whales. I was going to not weigh until Monday, but I couldn't help it this AM. It was up one lb. from Monday, which I know will come right back down once this visitor leaves :( but I still don't like feeling heavier.

mj5
01-17-2008, 09:48 AM
Hi again! Wow, two posts from me in the same morning!!!!

cckayac--Sounds like you are doing great! I think a trip to HI would give me incentive too! I can't wait to hear about it!

Rhonda--Aren't furbabies awesome! I always tell my hubby that even he isn't as happy to see me as they always are! ;) As for the visit w/ the inlaws, it's not so much about enjoying it as it is about getting through it! It will be ok, it's only one night! YEA for finding your groove!!!!

purplefirefly--I had to laugh about your snow comments....we measure snowfall in feet around here this time of year...I'd be happy to send you some! Enjoy it while you have it! Ugh, I hate the TOM weight gain!!!!

I forgot to mention, one of my good friends joined 'my' gym recently. She has finally found the time to start going and it is going to be great to have some accountability to each other. We kind-of do our own thing while we are there, but it's nice to check in w/ each other.

rakel
01-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Thanks for all of your positive thoughts and encouragement everyone. You all have been a great emotional blessing for me. I just want you ALL to know that.

I'm sorry I haven't been able to get to know all of these newcomers yet -- but I trust you will be around for awhile and so will I. I look forward to reading more of your posts. Once I get a job things will settle down a bit more for me.

My interview today went well, and it looked like they were thinking, "We could definitely hire this person." If they give me an offer I'm going to have a hard time deciding what job to go for, because I can really see myself in both positions.

I really like the other one because of the environment, but they can only take me on part time right now (and would like to move me to full time later in the year), and the benefits are lacking. However, I must say that I really enjoyed the people and community there -- it was a great, positive and friendly vibe. They really appreciated me and thought I was very talented. They are a design firm working on multiple different projects, which would be fun and not much different than what I'm doing now. They use Macs.

The company I interviewed with today is an older company that is more established and a lot bigger and are looking for someone full time, which leads me to think that they have more room for advancement, more money they can pay salary-wise, and probably have better benefits. Everyone there is really friendly, and I even got to speak with the owner, who expressed that he thought I was very talented. The marketing director said that he thought I would for sure be able to handle the job. It is a bit more of a "corporate" environment, though still fairly relaxed. And really, it would just be kind of cool to work there, considering the experience I have freelancing, but that kind of goes for both jobs at this point. They use PCs.

Basically, the first one is a design group that works for other companies, all large companies mind you. The second one is an in-house position where I would more or less be working on one website. I'd be working closely with the marketing group, programmers, and UI peoples. They are two very different jobs, but have a similar skill set, and I think that I could do really well in both positions. I guess it all comes down to the offers made.

Since the second company is larger, I'm thinking that they might take a little longer before deciding whether they want to hire me or not... where the first company KNOWS they want to hire me. They are preparing an offer for me by the end of the week. So I'm not really sure what to do exactly. I just sent a follow-up email to the second company and asked them a few questions about timing and whatnot to try and get an idea of what to tell the first company in terms of time to make a decision.

ANYWAY, this has like nothing to do with weight loss, but you know. haha. Things are starting to come together! John is getting ready for his interview now. *crosses fingers*

Beverlyjoy
01-18-2008, 06:48 AM
Hi folks - sorry to be MIA - been really busy. Food has been mostly good- with a couple times of overeating.

I went to my eating and emotions class last night. We talked about our "family tree" of eating and addictions in our relatives. It can be very "telling". This week our homework is to write down all that we eat (I do that any way thankfully) and our feelings about the food we eat - whether we think is a "bad" food or "good" food and why. This should be interesting. We talked about that really there are few "bad" foods - but, when we get down to eating different foods - how do we feel about these certain foods.

I am going to try and stay off the scale for a while. I try to weigh myself only once a week. However, I've slipped into a couple of times a week. It really isn't healthy for me to play the "scale game". If it doesn't say what I want it to say - then I am down. That number just spins around in my head and makes me start obsessing. Seems like just eating in a sane and healthful way is the ultimate goal....I forget and only concentrate on the weight loss.

today:
meditation and deep breathing
journal food and food feelings (homework)
lots of water
stay off the scale
stretches
PMA - positive mental attitude

breakfast - ff cottage cheese, peanut butter on lite whole wheat toast, some canned peaches
snack - carrots
lunch - turkey pastrami & lite cheese open face, spaghetti squash & parm. cheese
snack - lite yogurt with flax and kashi go lean cereal
dinner - sloppy joes on bread, green bean salad
snack - cereal fruit & milk

I'll catch up a bit later. Hope you all have a GREAT day.

Beverlyjoy

Beverlyjoy
01-19-2008, 08:00 AM
Hi friends...I made it thru a healthful food day again yesterday and it feels good. Today DH and I and some friends are going to the MOVIE TAVERN - it's a regular movie theatre with restaurant service to eat watching the big screen. It's new in town here...been wanting to check it out. Am excited.

I want to thank all of you for being so supportive with all my aches and injuries. It's tough when when stuff happens and it kind of piles on to other aches and pain. I am plodding thru. You all are awesome!!

Plans-
movies
put away rest of xmas stuff with DH
meditation
ice and heat
stretches
journal food
PMA

my food plan for today

breakfast - ffcottage cheese, 1/2 banana, peanut butter on ww toast
snack - cooked up flax
lunch - turkey and cheese sandwich open face, squash & parm
snack - apple, crackers
dinner - grilled chicken ceasar salad (no cheese)

mj5 - good for you...workout and yoga. It's GREAT. :)

Katy - great menu -:)

cckayac - good job with the food - I agree...I need to have protein at every meal too. :)

rakel - so glad the interview went well. :)

rhonda - wow - great job on your workouts, weight training and 3 days on plan - excellent :carrot:

purple - so funny about your kids not being "thrilled" :?: with the snow. I am glad you all had fun making snow angels. Did you grow up in the north?

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day.

rakel
01-19-2008, 11:43 AM
Beverly -- the Movie Tavern sounds really cool! I wish they had one in my area :)

Well guys, I got a job. I actually was offered a job by both places I interviewed at this week, and really had a hard time deciding which one to go with. But now my decision has been made and there's no going back on it now (if I allow myself to, then it will just never stop!). I did get sweeter job offers since I had two companies vying after me but it just made it a lot more difficult to choose. At least I know that the other company is there if this one, for whatever reason, doesn't work out. I'll most likely be starting work on Wednesday, but they will call me on Monday to confirm, or let me know if I can come in earlier.

What I liked about this job, was that it was part time (30 hours a week), but based on the other offer, I would be making about the same as if I was working full time (the opportunity in the other job would improve as time passed, and if I really wanted to I could have negotiated a better deal with them, but they still wouldn't have been able to start me as high as the other company). I still have some freelancing projects to finish up, so I thought working part time would help me be able to ensure proper quality and time to devote to my current customers, and allow me to take on any other projects as I saw fit. OR, I might just try and pursue other interests such as my art, lip balm/make up, and jewelry. So I just really liked the flexibility and that I could even work some hours from home. I do have the option of going full time in a few months, which I will most likely take.

Back to the diet front -- my eating has improved a little over the past few days, and the scale has been going back down -- today I was 275. I thought because I wasn't writing it down and even eating chocolate while not writing anything down that I would have gained weight, but I just ate when I was hungry, and pushed away the food when I was full. I didn't binge on the chocolate, only had a few pieces. Today my goal is to write everything down and get back into my exercise routine, even if only doing some weights/stretches.

famograham - have you heard from the cleaning company yet? I know what it's like to think that people are discriminating you based on your weight. That's part of the reason why I wanted to freelance -- nobody saw what I looked like, they just saw my work and thought it was good enough to work with me. However, this week has taught me that it's not all about your weight. Sure, it may give people a first impression, but so can your personality, your attitude, and your determination. It's easy to attribute things to our weight, but we need to learn to not let ourselves become defined by that. I'm learning that very slowly, myself. I know you probably realize all of that, but I just wanted to give you some encouragement! :hug:

kissingginger
01-19-2008, 02:21 PM
Rakel : AWESOME !!!!

Hi y'all:

Today's plan is:

B: Oats and tea
Walk for 1 hour outside
S: apple
L: chicken salad with sesame seeds and 1 small portion of almonds (12)
S: hummus and wheat & gluten free crackers
D: We have the night off from the kids tonight and we are going out with friends. I'm not denying myself anything, but I am going to practice moderation & diversity in the meal that I pick. We hardly ever seem to go out....so I am going to try to enjoy the people and not worry so much about my food choices. I will report back how it went and if I suffered any set-backs (or out of control cravings after the dinner)....so I will be paying close attention to my body!!!!

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Ginger

cckayac
01-19-2008, 05:21 PM
Hello everyone well I still am trying to be good somedays are better and easier than others. I did make it to the gym today and felt great after doing one hr of aqua fit. She keeps yah movin and groovin to the music. Lots of fun while buring cals. I decided to take a HI picture from 2 years ago when we visited hang it in my car when I get those oh don't feel like going to the gym days it will give me an incentive to get there. March 25th will be right around the corner. I am getting more comfortable with the gym and thats a good thing relaxed in my environment will be good. I have read through some of your food intakes and thats great as it gives me some ideas to try. Its important to have variety or we tend to go off to never land and thats not good. I am someone whom enjoys lots of different foods but my hubby is plan old american food meat and potatoe etc..... So sometimes its tough and I love to cook. I get oh well I love the way you used to cook and I say it wasn't good for me though. I still try to make things he likes and sometimes my things seperate. Never too easy though. Does anyone else run into this?

cckayac
01-19-2008, 05:28 PM
Rakel congrats on your job see things happen when we least expect it too. Good for you and I hope this will help you feel confident and capable of anything you may want can happen. Again I bet yah feel like a new person already its not easy landing a job these days.

Purplefirefly
01-19-2008, 07:47 PM
Rakel--Isn't it funny how things all fall together at once? You get the job and get the scale moving back down all at once ;) I am so happy they were fighting over you...shows how valuable you are, I hope you are very proud of yourself. Bet your boyfriend feels some relief as well now, right? :hug: I"m very happy for you!

cckayac--That was a very good idea to put that picture in the car! Constant reminder of what you are working for right now.

I am struggling a little this week. Hubby came home, after being out almost 3 weeks, and I just got lazy. I'm trying not to beat myself up because he will be gone tomorrow again and I missed him SO SO much, so taking time to just lay around with him, play games as a family, etc. I just loved every second of it. I didn't get much exercise in though, and wasn't counting calories closely so the scale has just not budged all week. I am back to exercise today and counting more strictly, so hopefully I can still get 1 lb. by MOnday, we'll see! If not, it's okay, I'll just get going agian and hope for the next week.