Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 01-13-2008, 07:23 PM   #1  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Default I'm finally learning to fill up before I give...

I am a giver...I thrive on giving to others. It's my job and my pastime. It used to be that I would give until my "cup" was empty and then until it hurt...but as I get older I finally understand what my counselors have been telling me for years, "If you don't refill your own cup, you have nothing real to give... it's all just fluff and mirrors."

Taking care of me was at first as foreign as a bug in the lemonade! But now it's getting easier. Well, until this last week...I keep trying to fill my cup and give but the well seems to have gone a bit dry.

I suppose I have been under a large amount of stress...
-my grandfather passed;
-my father is having a procedure called EECP to help his heart condition which is making him exhausted and therefore crankier then usual;
-my daughter's new husband is in Marine boot camp as we speak and she is miserable;
-my accountant, who takes care of everything financial so I don't have to, is in her last 2 weeks of pregnancy and will be on maternity leave starting tomorrow. She's gone during tax prep time and will be breaking in her temp replacement! LOL
-then there is the normal stresses of life, love (or lack there of! LOL), owning and running a business.
And though I am happy about finally getting surgery after trying so hard, I am finding that even happy stress is stress none the less. Coupled with the fears of complications and letting food go....

"So what's a girl to do?" I ask.

I took a day off...no business calls, it is Sunday, after all. I will return them tomorrow. I can take the puppies for a nice walk and maybe walk my daughter...get her out of the house for a while. A long hot shower and a pedicure sounds divine.

I guess I am here talking about it with you all. It feels so much better to know that you are here listening to me chatter on! I am glad that I have a place to come and read and post and "fill up" a bit too.

Thank you all for that,

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 01-13-2008 at 07:27 PM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 09:05 PM   #2  
Redhead22296

S/C/G: 160/145/135

Height: 5'2ish

Smile

Angela -

It sounds like taking today off is something you definitely deserve. I, too, run my own business and I know (As well as you do, I'm sure) that it's a 'round the clock venture, so to speak. It sounds like you've got a lot of things going on right now, but I am sure that some of the wonderful things you've done for others will somehow help you to fill the well that is in need of filling. My thoughts are with you! Enjoy that hot shower and pedicure!! YOU DESERVE THIS!!!!

Amy
Redhead22296 is offline   Reply With Quote