100 lb. Club - the reason i go off plan

View Full Version : the reason i go off plan

math puppy
01-13-2008, 03:32 PM
tell me the reason you go off plan, and your plan of attack to fix this set back! then next sunday lets check back and see if we stayed on plan for the week!
ill go first!

the reason i go off my plan is :because i think that i can count my calories without writing them down...

this is why i go off plan

my plan of attack: this week everything, i mean everything that i eat will be written down and added up!

this is how i plan to fix that!

go team go!:carrot: we can do it!!:carrot:

althepirate
01-13-2008, 03:44 PM
I go off plan because I forget to bring snacks with me to work....then I get really busy and stressed and hungry....and raid the vending machine.

This week I'm going to bring my uber-good granola snacks with me to work by the box! That way I'm prepared even if I forget the next day!

Natalia32
01-13-2008, 03:51 PM
Hello i am new to this site. I am really enjoying the support and advice i have found to date.

I go off plan because i restrict too much i then i have these erratical cravings that i give into and tend to overeat once i get started.

My plan of attack is to not count calories, eat when i am hungry but moslty healthy food and snacks and workout at least 3 times a week. Also i will only weigh myself once a week instead of every morning.

Tonia
01-13-2008, 06:19 PM
Hmm...I am not sure I have been OP long enough to comment, but here goes.

I go off plan because I put myself in dangerous situations. For example: grocery shopping when hungry (HUGE mistake), going into the teacher's lounge when I KNOW it is "fat friday," walking down the candy isle (I have a sweet tooth ~ two or three, actually), things like that.

So, this week I will plan better to avoid those dangerous situations!

Purplefirefly
01-13-2008, 06:50 PM
I go off plan because I try to eat away stress. This week I will go through my list of other things to do and NOT allow the food to be my best friend.

modkittn
01-13-2008, 06:53 PM
When I go off plan, it is because I am not in control - of my emotions, my stress level, etc. Only once I get those in control can I get my eating back in control!

missy3gal
01-13-2008, 07:31 PM
I go off when I wait to long to eat.

My plan to overcome that is to check the time and have something every three hours.

kasmin
01-14-2008, 06:34 AM
Good idea for a thread, math puppy!

Umm, I go off plan when I get overtired or when I wait too long before eating.

To combat this, I will make sure that I bring healthy snacks to work and not eat them all at lunch. That way I'll have something for the DANGER HOURS of 3-5 pm:^:

pamatga
01-14-2008, 03:59 PM
I had to go off my strict food low carb food plan because I had to share my groceries with my DH since there wasn't much else to eat. I always write everything down. I just consider this a blip and I will return tomorrow when I go grocery shopping. I just try to do the best I can when this happens and shrug my shoulders. STUFF HAPPENS.;)

Switzie6
01-14-2008, 04:21 PM
I go off when I'm tired or haven't planned well enough for the day. The key for me is not thinking I already ruined the day so I might as well eat everything I want. I have to stop at the first mistake, not beat myself up and keep going.

cupcakie
01-14-2008, 05:58 PM
I notice I go off plan when I wait to long to eat...oh I think I'm saving my self a few calories but when it comes time to eat its beyond hungry..so I need to pay attention to actual hunger instead of just wanting to eat something.......

Charbar
01-14-2008, 06:03 PM
you are so right... we think we are in control.. but we (or I know me for sure) is not on plan if we don't write it down!

kimmieone
01-14-2008, 07:35 PM
I haven't went off plan yet, but it's bound to happen. :)

LisaF
01-14-2008, 07:36 PM
I go off plan because I believe I can "just have one". In reality, just having one leads to just having two, three, ten.... I combat this by not having the first one in the first place.

I also go off plan when I start my day super late, usually on the weekends. If I don't eat breakfast until noon or 1:00 (or later), my whole eating pattern that day is screwed up. I am going to try to go to bed at a normal hour on weekend nights, which should help me wake up earlier and still get enough sleep.

Trazey34
01-14-2008, 08:22 PM
I go off plan whenver I get to thinking "hey I've got this dieting thing beat! it's easy! I can do this anytime!" hahaha NOT so much!!!

My plan of attack, is when i think that way, to write down what I'm eating, tally it up and if it's too high in calories than tough noogies baby!

Schmoodle
01-14-2008, 09:17 PM
I go off plan when I get stressed out or too tired and there is off-plan food in the house.

Plan of attack: 1. Make sure there are no temptations around. 2. Exercise or clean away the stress.

Great idea math puppy!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-14-2008, 09:23 PM
I go off plan because I'm so cheated by not being able to lose weight quickly and my life is ever so stressful, you know, and I just deserve to be able to relax and not worry about things for once. Its only one night of splurging and I have so few real pleasures these days...what with financial worries and such and sweet starchy foods don't cost much and they do make me feel better...yeah, it doesn't last long, but it sure is pleasurable for a little bit....yada yada yada.

Okay, are yal tired of hearing my big line of baloney yet?:D I know that I sure am! No more excuses! I'm doing this.

Bethafina
01-14-2008, 09:39 PM
I joined 3FC last year, but this is my first post.

I go off plan when I set myself up by thinking "the plan" is different than "my life." In fact, I make the plan include times for the occasional bit of ice cream with my kids, the same way some days plan for clouds and some days for sunshine. The main plan I have is to consistently add more activity to each day - sometimes a few sit-ups more than yesterday, sometimes a few more minutes on the stairmaster, but not obsessing hours upon hours and sabotaging myself with negative thoughts anymore.

My biggest "detours" involve busy days at work, home and with the kids.

My plan to get "back on course" includes talking to someone, looking back at the positive changes I've made, having a tall glass of water and salad with dinner, and making sure I get a good night's sleep (I think stress, working late and sleep-deprivation have been as much a part of my overweight-ness as making poor food choices).

aerotigergirl
01-14-2008, 10:02 PM
Excellent thread idea!

I go off plan for a couple of reasons:
1.) I am bored.
2.) There is off-plan food available.

It's really that easy for me to fall off the wagon! :o What do I do about it?

1.) I won't allow myself to sit around on Saturdays with nothing to do. ESPECIALLY on bright beautiful sunny saturdays (like this past one), when I've pledged to get a little much-needed exercise. (Doh!)

2.) I have to give away things that are off-limits. And, I have to make sure that I've always got a healthy snack (or five) in closer reach than the EVIL vending machine at work. So, as much as I love my dear dad for making a whole batch of his world-famous (ok, that's a bit of a stretch, but they are really delicious!) pecan pralines, they are like a land-mine in my kitchen! I pledge to give them to my boyfriend, who is skinny and loves them almost as much as I do.

Thanks for all the great tips, everybody!

amouse
01-15-2008, 02:35 AM
stress throws me off a bit lol.. i find its easy to keep myself in check by writing everything in fit day its greeat for me im too lazy to do it myself lol

LesliesMom
01-15-2008, 10:22 AM
This is a great post, I have not posted in awhile and need to get back on track as my goal dates are just slipping by. I've lost almost 30 pounds, but I did that a few months ago. I was able to maintain thru the holidays, but I see a good 12 weeks gone now that I could have been 20 pounds lighter.

I go off plan when I don't plan. Plain and simple. Now I bring my lunch to work and have plenty of snacks (thank goodness for 100 calorie packs). Starting today I am back to writing everything down. I did join the gym in December and I am able to go three days a week and work out an additional two days at home. Thank goodness my significant other steps up and helps out. He did mention yesterday that he's ready to start losing the weight as well. I would be so much easier with him on the same page, he's a junk food junkie.

Ooooooook -- this is long enough, thanks for listening.

Angie

ShyCammie
01-15-2008, 11:13 AM
I read this post shortly after it hit the board but didn't answer right away so that I could keep it on the top of my "List of Life's Questions" for a while. I'm usually good all day...until I get home after work. Then comes the struggle to put only a given amount of the good stuff in my mouth.

Like Lislie's Mom, I go off plan, when I don't plan. :(

Last night I had a great plan. I'd done center cut steak in the crock-pot, had a ready-made salad and figured we'd do corn (from a can) with SF vanilla pudding for dessert (since it was already made). I had eaten a healthy snack of cranberries and walnuts at about 4...
Yet I came home and popped a rice crispy bar in my mouth.
What the heck is wrong with me?? :?:

I do well all day then blow it at the end? I even considered "Why am I doing this" as I munched on the rice crispy bar. My only answer at the time was, this tastes good and has the texture I want at the moment. I think it's going to have to be a matter of being more vigilant and simply chosing better at night.
Of course, that whole planning thing really is a must. :D

Lyn2007
01-15-2008, 02:14 PM
I go off plan when I lose sight of the big picture. Sometimes I forget that I "just-one-bite"-ed my way up to 278 pounds. It doesn't seem like a cookie can derail me but it can. It snowballs. So to avoid this mistake, I keep junk out of the house, and don't take that first bite.

amouse
01-15-2008, 05:15 PM
yeah i keep a junk free house and what i here i say is the kids lol.. i have a duaghter with food allergies and there is only a couple of treats she can have , i will not take them from her .. lol I get really mad when my hubby eats something of hers lol, She is allergic to food colours and preservatives. Which makes shopping very interesting let me tell you lol. we go around the outside of the supermarket and buy plain chips ,chocolate and biscuits for her.. I dont buy anything she cant have it not fair to have something in front of a 3 year old . Leah was very very sick before we found out why in november last year.