General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-13-2008, 10:49 AM   #1  
Right track to health!

S/C/G: 150/131/130

Height: 5'3''-5'4''

Unhappy Love *sigh*

I'm going to be turning 20 this year and what bugs me is that I haven't been "swept off my feet...yet." I've liked a lot of guys and a few have liked me but there's never a mutual spark. It's either they don't like me or I don't like them. Is it normal at this age to not have been in any relationships? Sometimes I think it shouldn't matter but then there are times like this I question it. lol stupid brain always in overdrive. ...
journey2happiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:55 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I didn't find someone who swept me off my feet until I was 30. I had dated guys here and there but really I wasn't entirely head over heels in love until I was 30.

I know you would like it to happen but you can't force it.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:34 AM   #3  
Right track to health!

I can't force it but sometime's I feel that I'm going to be alone forever... I know sad isn't it? Most of the time I'm like.."yeah...whatever when it happens..it'll happen." Nelie I'd like to find what you did!
Old 01-13-2008, 03:03 PM   #4  
BLACK TEAM

S/C/G: 225/219.5/140

Height: 5'5

I know how you feel. I have had 2 steady boyfriends in HS and college, and a couple of non-serious ones to boot. BUT I have not dated anyone in a year, and I feel like I am never going to find someone! Almost all the guys I have dated were weirdos or psychos. I want to meet a real, nice, down-to-earth guys. It seems like none of the guys my age are like that! (I'm 21.)
misschris531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:32 AM   #5  
Right track to health!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misschris531 View Post
I know how you feel. I have had 2 steady boyfriends in HS and college, and a couple of non-serious ones to boot. BUT I have not dated anyone in a year, and I feel like I am never going to find someone! Almost all the guys I have dated were weirdos or psychos. I want to meet a real, nice, down-to-earth guys. It seems like none of the guys my age are like that! (I'm 21.)

Thanks for sharing with me! Today I'm in my moment of "I'll let it be and I'll let lovefind me." Maybe it's like the longer the wait..someone better or in my case someone (cough*) will come along.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

first off..you are only 20. Take time to figure out who you are, what you want in life and what you want to be. Trust me...i grew tremendously (emotionally and personally from the age of 20 -30. It is important to know who you are and what you want and be comfy with yourself before you can find someone to love you. Don't just settle. The right person will come and "Sweep" you off your feet. I didn't find my true love until i was 31....but it was worth the wait. And when he fell into my life, i knew he was the one and there wasn't a question. You're young. Go out enjoy life and live life to its fullest. HAve fun. Love will happen eventually...but in the meantime enjoy the best life has to offer. Hugs to you.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:38 PM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

I got married when I was 29. I was first swept off my feet when I was 19, then we broke up after dating two years. I was swept off my feet again when I was 22, then we broke up when I was 26.

I met my husband when I was 28 and it was a perfect match. Not sure I was swept off my feet that time, but we have a wonderful relationship!

I think being swept off your feet is overrated. You'll fall in love when it's meant to be. I had to be ready to meet my husband, and my life's experiences to that point helped to prepare me, and to know we were meant to be together.

It may not seem like it now, but you are young! There is time for it all to happen.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:49 PM   #8  

Height: 5'3"

I was lucky enough to have success with match.com ... I first signed up not thinking anything would come of it and stuck to the free services. After a short while I started getting "winks" and emails. Well, the only way to read an email is to pay for the service. So I did. The few guys I did talk to didn't work out, so after a month or so I decided to ditch the idea.

Well, I didn't realize that it automatically charges you again at the next cycle, so here I was, out $50 and no love to show for it. Pissed, I decided to make one more run through the people offered to me as matches. I sent out a few winks and went on. The one I was most interested in is the one that replied. We have been together now for almost a year.

I am not a very social person and this was a great way to find other people like me who weren't likely to meet their significant other in a bar or a frat party (I'm a college student).

If I could do it, you can definitely do it. Don't force it though. Sometimes things just pop out of circumstances and you will get results you never expected!
beautybooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:03 PM   #9  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I remember being 18 and feeling that way. And when you least expect it, it will happen. I married for the first time at the ripe old age of 20 and after 12 years of marriage was widowed. I didn't think I would ever meet anyone again...I mean who wants someone with 3 kids? Again, when I least expected it, it happened. You're young and believe me, you will find your special one some day. Just concentrate on being young and loving yourself and everything else will fall into place.

Hugs!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 06:01 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 360/ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Im turning 21 this year and only had one serious relationship....and he turned out to be a dud lol...but recently my best friend got engaged and i was thinking the same thing....when is it my turn....But my mom said that it takes time and patience and isnt always about being swept off your feet. Its about how you feel with the other person. I understand you want sparks and magic (so do i!!) and it will happen....she says when you least expect it and when your comfortable with yourself and who you are. Thats my adivce hope it helped a little lol.
krissy1319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:55 AM   #11  
Right track to health!

Thanks a million!!! All of yoe are right I really do need to take the time to discover myself and learn to love me. If love comes when you least expect it then I hope to ready for it! I did try the online thing for a short while and sadly that never worked out because I was to afraid to meet anyone (safety issues and feeling self consciousness)I took that feeling as a sign that it's not my thing and I should just wait. But for people that it works out for are so brave to have stuck with it and lucky to have found someone!! All of you are right when I least expect it, it'll fall into place.I'm going to wait for those sparks and watch for how I feel about that person when he does come along! In the mean time I got a lot of self discovery to do.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:21 AM   #12  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I agree with what others have said. I am really glad that I found my husband when I was 30 (although we knew eachother for years, we started dating then). It gave me time to discover myself and learn about myself. Looking back, I'm glad that I didn't date seriously until my late 20s.

When I started dating my husband, it was such a different experience than any other guys. I wasn't looking to date but we became such good friends and a romantic interest sparked.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:32 PM   #13  
Right track to health!

Nelie I'm also glad you found him! *hugs* I hope something like that happens for me soon enough. *sigh*
Old 01-18-2008, 12:48 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Well personally in my opinion being swept off your feet is a little overrated. You'll be swept off your feet trust me but don't expect it to be like the movies or something like I naively thought! I'll be 24 next week and have been married for almost 4 years now. I met my hubby during a very difficult time in my life and being swept off my feet was the furthest thing in my mind. I sometimes in fact wonder if I would even be alive if it wasn't for him and for the longest time he was just my best friend and basically my therapist then the romantic feelings came after I had dealt with some of the issues in my life at that point. Being swept off your feet can be and mean very different things for everybody. My husband swept me off my feet literally just by being the most kindest and unselfish person in my life at that difficult time and my husband is still as sweet as ever now. He didn't spend a lot of money either "wooing" me. It was just very sweet things like surprising me with a clean apartment or doing my laundry or something like that. He truly at the time was my life line. Anyways enough rambling! The point is it will happen just don't expect it to be like the movies like I did. And it will happen.

Last edited by blondebritbrat17; 01-18-2008 at 01:00 AM.
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 03:47 PM   #15  
Right track to health!

AWW! Thanxs for sharing this with me!! *hugs* I'm going to wait for it to come my way! Having someone like you have in your life who has been there through tough times is a gift! The movies usually have it down fake bt I want something real! I'll wait patiently for it. *nods head*