Support Groups - Slim Down Sistas: Keeping it Straight in '08

Pages : [1] 2

JasonsLea
01-13-2008, 12:53 AM
Evenin' yall! This thread is for my 'sisters' from other challenges and anyone else who cares to join. Cause, let's keep it real, 3FC is a FAMILY, a kickass one at that! :carrot::hug:

Aimee, Randee, Ro, Courtnie, HS, Eny, Jen....GET OVER HERE!!!

JasonsLea
01-13-2008, 01:03 AM
So today was a okay day. My teeth have been hurting since this morning and it's caused a headache. :( I can't wait to get my dental back so I can go get this fixed!

I need to start paying more attention to the sales ad in the newspaper cause Walgreens had a sale on those fabulous Fiber One bars and it ended tonight! I was only able to get two boxes. :no:

They were also having a sale on that Special k protein water. They were only $1 each so I got one of each flavor (they only had two). Has anyone tried these?

:celebrate::hb:HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my little brother Marquis who is 14 today! I'm still trying to figure out how that happened since yesterday he was two and attached to my hip. :?: I felt HORRIBLE cause I got up this morning, saw him all day, and didn't wish him a happy birthday! BUT I didn't know today's date until I was on the bus on the way to work! :dizzy: He doesn't care though. Mama brought him a new Yugioh game and he's been occupied all day. I brought him some sunflower seeds and soda when I got off work. :)

SwimGirl
01-13-2008, 03:33 AM
Thanks for starting this Shari! Happy bday to your brother! Yah, time goes WAY too fast, eh!

Courtnie - congrats on the weight loss! :)

hsmom - I sure hope you are right and my body will drop a few pounds from the little "dinner" from last night!

So Josh and I went downtown Vancouver today and did some shopping - we went to Holt Renfrew. Great store! However, while I was looking thru the sale racks I found a nice black cardigan - it was down to 219 from 499! Omg, insanely priced!! I bought some mascara and a makeup bag - 58 bucks later. I do love me some expensive mascara though! I didn't eat the BEST but I didn't do that bad either. I am feeling ill tonight though, not used to this much eating out. I am not counting my calories from today, I am too tired and too embarrassed by the lack of veggies. I will be back to my now normal ways 100% tomorrow! I am off to bed.. I'll talk to you all tomorrow!

-Aimee

purplecrush
01-13-2008, 11:42 PM
So ive had kinda a bad weekend. Ive hardly had any water this weekend, and my body is kicking me for it...I went out to eat yesterday to Changs and ate way too much, but on the plus note, I did have alot of veggies..and today I had 2 cookies!!! I know 2 cookies doesent sound bad, but I havent had any sweets for 2 weeks and my body is going crazy because of the sugar. I also had a small soda..ugh, my stomach hurts. I havent exercised either!! Its like I used this week for a free-for-all and I feel like I let myself down. I KNOW ive stayed within my points for the week, but I still feel like I cheated and I just feel plain icky!

Shari- Happy birthday to your brother!!! Nothing is worse than a toothache!!!!

SwimGirl
01-14-2008, 01:36 AM
I had the same weekend as you- Randee! I am not really restricting my calories so much, have been watching my quantities, and eating veggies. I managed to stay around 1800-2000, which is good I think. But Friday night with the power outage and my fast food dinner? I was at 2400! Saturday I didn't count - but I wasn't feeling too good, so I had a green smoothie and woke up fine. Today was good though! I'll take it!

One of my other resolutions was to get my finances under control and get rid of a couple of bills. So far so good with that! I am not the best with this whole financial smarts thing, so I'm making baby steps - and then one day I can finally afford to buy a darn house!

Randee - with the notion that this is a lifestyle.. you have to not beat yourself up for days that end up not the greatest. Think bigger picture, if you stayed within your points, then thats a GREAT victory! Just think back to bad days when you were off OFF plan.. makes me cringe what I used to eat! Drink some water! Tomorrow is a new day :)

-Aimee

JasonsLea
01-14-2008, 03:48 AM
Well TOM reared his ugly head today. Damn him.

hsmomx2
01-14-2008, 09:38 AM
Shari- Sorry about starting another thread. I didn't know you started this one for some reason I didn't see it. Thanks, for starting this thread. I've never tried the Fiber One Bars. How are they? I did try the Special K protein water, I'll stick with regular water. My dd really liked it though. My ds said he liked it but wouldn't drink it after two sips. I hope your dental stuff comes back so you can get your teeth fix. How are you feeling today? Happy belated Birthday to your brother. I did something similar to my brother 2 years ago.

Aimee-Finances for a resolution, that's a big one. As soon as we get our regular bills back to where they should be we are hoping to get a budget in place. I wonder how long that will last. lol. There's always to much stuff come up everytime we try it. So we just made a goal to try to spend our money more wisely for right now. Good Luck with it maybe in a few months I can pick up some tips from you.

Purplecrush- I ditto what Aimee said. All in all the day was a victory. You're doing great!

Just out of my curiousity we'll everyone list what plan you follow, and your weigh in day and any important events coming your way this year. I want to be as encouraging to ya'll ladies as you are to me. Sorry, that I'm so forgetful.

Saturday, I did good getting in aps. Sunday, I visited my grandfather, that was dx with liver cancer right after Thanksgiving, he's been in extremely bad health the drs have said there is nothing they can do for him this past week. He said he's not in any pain but he wants a second chance. He's going to have to go back to the dr or hospital it sounds like his lungs are starting to feel up again. My mom (she's sick left for a few days for her dr appt) and dad (he's always in pain dr appt also) are the ones taking him back and forth to the dr & hospital. They weren't suposse to be back until Wednesday but are now coming back earlier. They have to stay until after my mom's appt thought because her doctors are checking her for kidney damage. She's already had signs of kidney failure from recent blood test. I was going to post last night, but I was just to drain emotionally. I'm doing better this a.m. I'll cbl I need to get moving so I can get to the gym today. I've went over my points 2 days in a row. Oops. I'm going with my good decision will hopefully out weigh my bad ones.

purplecrush
01-14-2008, 11:55 AM
Good morning!! Today is going to be a good day..I can feel it!! Already drinking my water, going to exercise here in a bit.

Just wanted to say hi! Ill be back later!

Oh, btw, Im following Weight Watchers. My weigh ins are Tuesdays. Im trying to lose about 30 lbs..well as much as I can before July 4th. Thats our annual beach trip, I dont want to be mistaken for a beached whale lol. Thats one of my long term goals..I have a bunch of mini goals...like Valentines day, Easter, Memorial day, Halloween, and Christmas. lol

sotypical
01-14-2008, 01:39 PM
omg I am so tired.

I will go through posts later, once I have some coffee and wake up!

hsmomx2
01-14-2008, 02:10 PM
I follow the Weight Watchers plan which is a low fat diet and weigh in on Thursdays. I have a wedding to go to in June and swim suit season is coming up. Who doesn't want to look good in a swim suit?

I didn't get toreally workout hard since me knees are still very sore from playing basketball with dd. I did get an hour on the treadmill.

Purplecrush- ((skinny vibes)) for tomorrow. It sounds like your going to have a great day today.

Courtnie- Gotta love that coffee.

SwimGirl
01-14-2008, 02:57 PM
Goodmorning!

I don't know what I'm following just yet! I am watching my calorie intake, not really limiting it just yet though. Eating TONS of veggies and fruit - and really just trying to think "healthy" over "dieting". My timeline? Each month I am making a goal, and just hoping to feel better in my skin! I weigh in on Monday's or Tuesday - depending on when I work!

I am gonna go WI and then make my breakfast smoothie! BBL!

-Aimee

purplecrush
01-14-2008, 03:28 PM
Thanks hsmomx2! I need skinny vibes lol..well dont we all really :) Im almost done with my water, about halfway done. Ill refill my bottle before I go to work. I work at a school, which is REALLY hot, so I can drink all my water in a hour. Its nice actually lol.

Well..Aimee..did you weigh in????

sotypical
01-14-2008, 03:43 PM
*skinny vibes* for everyone! haha

Well I guess I could say what I am doing. I am using a calorie counting site that I can't mention here but it has the word spark in it! I am using their calorie limits set for me, 1260 - 1630, I am trying to eat as high as possible and still lose though. I am also exercise 5x a week for at least 20min, if I exercise at lot then I am not afraid to eat more then the 1630. I am also drinking at least 3L of water a day.

So that is my plan! I also plan my meals in advance and post them on a planning thread and joined the 21 day challenges! woo :)

Happy Monday!

SwimGirl
01-14-2008, 03:49 PM
Randee - way to go with the water! I am still not there with the water thing, so I am impressed by you!

I am down 3 pounds this week! Thats just WOW to me!

Just 11 pounds to go to make my January goal. Sorta, I had planned to do a cleanse this month, but it'll have to wait until Feb. I will take the remaining weight I haven't lost this month and carry it over to Feb for the end result to be 30 pounds between both months.

I gotta go to the market! I shall be back later!

-Aimee

sotypical
01-14-2008, 03:53 PM
Congrats Aimee!!!!!! woohoo!

So I set my self a challenge, to lose all the weight I gained by April 1. I want to be 160 pounds by then (where I was before *sniff*) that means I need to lose 1.22 pounds a week! I can do it!! :)

Sucks that you can gain weight faster then you can loose it.

purplecrush
01-14-2008, 04:00 PM
Aimee- Congrats girl! Good job!

Courtnie- Thats totally doable!! Good luck!!

sotypical
01-14-2008, 06:39 PM
So my boss' last day is Wednesday.
It just keeps getting shorter and shorter. Least the St Johns Wart and Vitiam B seem to be helping, the urge to cry is less.

hsmomx2
01-14-2008, 09:41 PM
Aimee-Wow 3#!! That's great!

Courtnie- Your goal is very reasonable. Your sure to make it. Sorry, your boss is leaving so soon.

SwimGirl
01-14-2008, 11:48 PM
Courtnie - Sorry about your boss :( You can totally do 1.2 pounds a week! Totally!

hsmom - thanks :) I am happy with it!

I am having a rough night! I am starving!!!! I had a good dinner, and was still hungry afterwards.. so I waited 45 minutes before I ate anything more. I had some more of this bread that we picked up, which I had originally planned to eat the entire thing. I just wanna eat mooooooooooore though!! Ugh. I even tried drinking water! I am frustrated with this hungry feeling!!

-Aimee

sotypical
01-15-2008, 01:06 AM
Aimee - I totally know what you mean, feeling hungry sucks!

I had this whole week planned and decided I was going to take a break on Wednesday when we go for lunch with my boss, ex boss I guess?

But now tomorrow we are going to Victoria to go to Red Robin, argh - I just I almost don't want to go because I know I will eat bad! The worst thing is I can't really find much calorie information for them so I can't even pick a good choice. They have salads but most of time they are more calories then more stuff on the menu! I found a site that seems to have some information for a couple of their burgers 500-600 for a burger (no fries) - does that seem to low to anyone?

Cuz I could totally do a burger with a green side salad and that wouldn't ruin my day but 600 seems low? Maybe not if it is just a plain burger (ie, no cheese and bacon!) What do you guys think? I am trying so hard to stick to plan!

I already decided I am going to get up a bit earlier tomorrow to fix in more exercise to try and fit in a little extra food and I am trying to plan my day around a higher meal. But I don't want to lie to myself if this site has incorrect information.

SwimGirl
01-15-2008, 02:15 AM
courtnie - what site was it? I would say trust the site, or maybe compare it again a few other sites and then see? If it seems right - trust it and have a salad with it!

I haven't figured out what to do with my hunger yet! Well, I had a vanilla chai and a 100 cal package of graham crackers. I am just slightly snackish now. I wonder if its something else and not just hunger talking? Trying to overanalyze it! I think I'll go chew some gum and try and relax.. possibly sleep!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
01-15-2008, 03:18 AM
HS ~ Fiber one bars ROCK!!!! They are SO delish and have 9 grams of fiber each! I liked the protein water. Tasted like Koolaid. :hug: for you and your folks!

Oh, I'm following WeightWatchers, weigh in on Tuesdays, and going to the gym at least 4x a week....all this starting tomorrow. :D Since I'm completely starting over tomorrow, even creating a brand new journal, I have yet to make definite goals but I love challenges so I will probably have goals for the major holidays and a big goal for my birthday on July 29th. I'll post and let yall know.

Randee ~ WOOOT Weightwatchers Tuesday! :carrot: WTG on your water intake.

Aimee ~ :broc: Go girl! WTG!

Courtnie ~ Good luck and sorry about your boss. :( I tried looking up some Red Robin stuff for you but only found these two:

http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition-calories/food/red-robin
http://www.dwlz.com/Restaurants/redrobin.html

I don't know if they have a Red Robin down here but if they do, I'm NEVER going. I can't trust a restaurant that won't show the nutrition facts. :nono:

So, WW and gym tomorrow! Wish me luck!

hsmomx2
01-15-2008, 04:11 PM
Randee & Shari- How did your weigh in go?

Shari- Your goals sound great! I guess I'm going to have to pick up some Fiber one bars and give them a try. Thanks for the hugs.

Courtnie- I would pobably go with what the site said. We don't have a Red Robbin here.

I've done gone to the gym 4 out of the last 5 days! That's huge for me.

sotypical
01-15-2008, 04:33 PM
hsmomx2- wooo congrats on going to the gym!

Yah, I am thinking a burger and side salad, I did extra exercise this morning and haven't eaten much today!

On a bit of a weird note, I am applying for a job in Alberta :/

Shari - those are the sites I found, thanks :)

SwimGirl
01-16-2008, 01:19 AM
Shari - Red Robin is evilly good! There are some in the USA - but I think they are more North than down South. I recently started a food journal - its amazing! I really am enjoying the whole writing down everything I eat - keeps you accountable! How did day 1 go??

Courtnie - Alberta? How does Karden feel about this? I think it's good to keep within your calories, but I am worried about you saving your calories! You used to do this... and I really want you to succeed, sorry if I'm nagging in the mean time!

hsmom - working out is hard for me too.. so I really think thats pretty darn impressive! Keep up the good work :) You are so close to 199, just 5 pounds away.. are you excited to get there?? Any big celebrations for hitting 199? I am going shopping with Courtnie in Vancouver once I hit 199 - yay for smaller clothes, heh.

Well today was a good one! Back to eating completely normal - and I discovered a new drink! Starbucks tall vanilla 1% no water chai tea latte. Omg, SO good, and totally worth the 185 calories! It's my "treat" drink - since I have given up everything, no more pop, hot chocolate, cinnamon dolce latte's! I am realllllly starting to see the importance of eating "clean", its amazing the difference in my body AND the scale! Processed food makes me immediately hold water weight. I've never noticed this before, anyways, its an "ah-ha" moment for me.

-Aimee

sotypical
01-16-2008, 02:03 AM
Aimee - I only saved the calories for the day! There is nothing wrong with eating a lighter breakfast and lunch so you can eat more at dinner! I did used to do that all the time in the beginning, like when I was losing weight - I actually ended up eating even less then I had intended because I was so busy with work - but in the end it worked out because I went out for dinner and stayed within my calorie range! And it's not like I went hungry today, I just ate lots of veggies and salad :P
Karden sent me the job! We aren't totally sure about moving but I want to apply for fun.

mmm love me some starbucks! you can save calories there too but having misto's instead of latte's :)
I usually do an americano (15 calories for a grande) with some kind of syrup and then a non-fat misto, with the sugar free syrup it is 70 calories for a grande!
still not as good as a regular latte or carmeal machiato (sp???)

But yah, tonight's dinner went good! I love red robin, so good! I had a chicken wrap with a side salad (dressing on the side) - and then I dunno what came over me but I ordered an apple crisp for dessert and ate maybe 1/4 of it if that, so that was okay! but I hate wasting food. Oh and I ate a couple of Karden's fries, haha.

So Tomorrow is my boss' last day *sigh* we are going out for a HUGE lunch, so tomorrow will be a break day for me for sure! I am still going to get up early and exercise though, I find that helps me to cheat less.

JasonsLea
01-16-2008, 04:38 AM
:wave: everyone!

WTG HS!

Aimee ~ I'm not really into Starbucks even though some of their stuff sounds delish!

Courtnie ~ How far is Alberta from you? WTG on the self control.

Well, I DID IT! Finally! Went to both the meeting and gym today. :carrot: The meeting was very nice, even though (as usual!) I was the youngest there. At the assessment, the trainer was surprised at my strength. I told her, 'I'm healthy, I'm just fat'. :dizzy: I created a page on Xanga.com, this one is just for my WL progress. Please drop by and comment, you don't have to be a member to leave comments (that's one of the reasons I chose Xanga). The link is in my sig. I posted my current goals and tickers on there. :D Oh and I lost 1.5 this week.

sotypical
01-16-2008, 01:29 PM
Shari -
Alberta is not that close, haha. Next province, 2 hour plane ride maybe. Google maps says 1050km; 13 hours driving. Congrats on the loss! woohoo! and going to the gym and meeting!! :D

So I woke up this morning, rode my exercise bike and went and made myself a nice pot of starbucks coffee. But when I added my cream it floated to the top... hmmm bad cream? So I went to make myself some cereal but when I went to poor the milk I realized the milk was a solid jelly like mass... that's when I realized my fridge is broken! *cries*

So I rushed to clean it out and get the food into my grandma's fridge in the basement suite - leaving no time to eat! So now I am hungry and have nothing but bad things to eat :( argh

sotypical
01-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Blah, I just ate a scone and totally wasn't worth the calories. I don't know how many calories but a lot I am sure and it wasn't even that great - but I was hungry! today is a break day, but I dont wanna eat too many calories!

SwimGirl
01-16-2008, 04:05 PM
Courtnie - not a huge fan of the americano myself, I used to be! And I cannot do the whole skinny latte thing - its that artificial sweetner thing! Why oh why can't they make those things with REAL sugar.. lol.

Shari - woohoo! Good job on WW AND the gym! Starbucks is SO yummy, but don't get addicted! I think it's also where I live, there are coffee shops everywhere, like literally everywhere!!

I have the day off, so I'm gonna try and keep the calories DOWN, I have been having about 1800-2000, but last week I had 2 low days, I guess it kinda keeps my body guessing? Cuz I did get a good loss last week. I also exercised yesterday! That was my first time since I started this new way of eating, my goal is to get more exercise in so that my body is tighter. Also I'm going to make a big purchase - body firming cream so that I don't get loose skin!

-Aimee

purplecrush
01-16-2008, 08:26 PM
Hi girlies! WTG on all of your weigh losses!!

I, have to chime in about Starbucks!! I LOVE STARBUCKS!!! MMMM I only have SB on Saturdays now.. although I havent had any since I started WW again, which is two 1/2 weeks. Ive NEVER gone this long without it. I get a grande white mocha nonfat no whip. Its worth the points lol...

I weighed in and im down 2.8 lbs. I was kinda expecting more since its my second week, but oh well..Ill take it!

sotypical
01-16-2008, 08:46 PM
Randee - congrats on the 2.8! that is awesome!!!

I am starting to get worried I won't lose this week. No change in the scale since Friday :( But I still have one more day! lol *fingers crossed*

So we went out for lunch today, I had a bit of an appy and a calamari salad! I am feeling pretty good about it since today was a break day and I could of ordered something SOOO much worse! For breakfast I did have that scone though and for dinner we are having homemade Mac N Cheese (and side salad) - so today won't be that good, but not as horrible as it could of been. Back at it tomorrow.

I have a different feeling then I did last year, I just feel like I want it more then I did last year - like nothing is really worth it to eat if I cant lose weight.

I am really enjoying these walk away the pounds videos - they are a lot of fun. I have two now and am thinking about ordering two more from ebay!

purplecrush
01-16-2008, 08:58 PM
I really like the walk away the pound videos too!

You should feel great about the lunch choice you made..Your right..it could have been worse!! Great job!

I understand about you wanting it more than last year. Thats exactly how I feel! I guess im just fed up with being this big and im ready to be thin again! My heart is into this year!

Oh, and I didnt add up my weight loss corectly..I added it again and im down a total of 10 lbs already!! Yippee!!!!

sotypical
01-16-2008, 09:06 PM
woooooo!!!! 10 pounds is great!!!!!

JasonsLea
01-17-2008, 03:08 AM
WTG Randee!

Hey yall. Eating today started out okay then kinda went downhill. But it's cool considering I woke up like 2 in the afternoon so I haven't had long to gorge. Hoping I can get to the gym today or tomorrow. My car is done. Damn thing blew a headgasket. It won't piss me off so much if I hadn't just spent $300+ LAST WEEK on that heap of junk. :mad:

Rosario
01-17-2008, 10:48 AM
randee - way to go!!!

shari - cars suck big time. I've never had major problems with my car, but when it gets paid off in a couple of months, I'm sure it'll finally break down. What a b****!!!

sotypical
01-17-2008, 01:38 PM
Rosario! get your butt back here!

So yesterday my fridge broke and I had to through out a bunch of food = $$$ and today I dropped my hair straighter and broke it! argh I hope I can fix it :( I can't afford to buy this crap right now. I hate Christmas shopping!

hsmomx2
01-17-2008, 09:47 PM
Aimee- I'm so thrilled just to be so close to onderland. I can only imagine how good it will feel to have that 1 infront of my weight. I need to celebrate it. I guess I better start thinking about what I would like to do since, I might be there next week. (hopefully)

Courtnie- Sorry about your broke fridge. Isn't it amazing how much damage we use to do to ourselves? I'm glad your eating was good today. How did the lunch with your boss go?

Shari- Great job on making it to WW and the gym. Congratuations on being 1.5 closer to your goal. You have the worst luck with your car. I hope your able to get another ride soon. I picked up some Fiber One Bars to try tomorrow.

Randee- Way to go, on your 2.8 down. I know you were proud of yourself. The first 10 # down and behind you has to make you happy.

From 1/1-1/5 I got in 16.8 miles of walking and using exercise equipment & 473.2oz of water in.
From1/6-1/12 I got in 53.4 miles and 712.9oz of water in
So are this week I have 40.28 miles (not counting todays walking) and 50.7 oz in (not counting the one I'm working on.
I didn't go to the gym today, since I had weigh in today. I got to move my ticker down three more pounds.

SwimGirl
01-18-2008, 12:27 AM
Randee - 2.8 is REALLY good for a second week! It's nice when you get that motivation! I am extremely tired of being this big - it would be nice to just wake up and feel NORMAL and not so.. uncomfortable. Can't wait!

Courtnie - I would possibly die without my straightener! I hope nothing else breaks on you :(

Shari - sorry to hear about your car. I used to have a lemon of a car - every single thing was wrong on it, so I definitely feel your pain!

hsmom - I am so excited for you and how close you are to 199!! Congrats on the weight loss! You are doing SO good with your exercise - whats the secret?

Well today went well - ate lots, lol, but stayed within my calories. I am getting close to my period, so I am craving some bad foods!! But I am going to bed early tonight, I am exhausted, but it'll also keep me from eating everything in sight! Not much else going on in my end of the world. Working, eating right and trying to workout.

-Aimee

hsmomx2
01-18-2008, 10:12 AM
Good moring Ladies!

Aimee- Great job on sticking to plan.

Last week I ate a lot of junk and the worst of it was the day before my weigh in. (Duh moment huh?) Well, Aimee like you Tom came to visit. It makes sense now. As for the exercise I'm working on the TBL challenge and I have a goal of getting in 2008 actual miles of work in. I can't remember working out so much ever. I really would like to make my goal this year. Right now, I'm working on my 2nd 10% (20 pounds). I hope to have that met by my ds birthday at the end of March.

I hope everyone has a great day and weekend on plan. The weekend is the hard part for me, since that's usually when we go out to eat.

sotypical
01-18-2008, 01:46 PM
hsmomx2 - The lunch with the boss was good but sad. I didn't cry though! yay me! I made good choices and we have a nice time. I am still sad to see her go but I think things will be okay here. Congrats on all the exercise! The weekend is always the hard part for me, always has been. Usually I do good during the week and then mess up the weekends, but not anymore! I hope, haha. I think the trick is to pick your meal before you go out to eat... if you can!

Aimee - good job on sticking to it! Karden fixed my straightener but I sitll want a new one - I was kinda upset he fixed it, LOL. I have my eyes on a professional one, like a CHI or Babyliss - I still might buy one! So much for saving money this year....

So today was weigh in *tear* it is only week two and I have been working hard the sale didn't budge, not at all. I am pretty sad - I worked really hard this past week - but hope it is just because of all exercise I have been doing, especially because it is new exercise. I will keep plugging away and hope for a loss next week.

SwimGirl
01-19-2008, 02:09 AM
Hey Gals! I had an off plan meal tonight - didn't count the calories either. I feel so bad, yet so good! lol. Energized to go "back" to eating my new normal again!

hsmom - one of my mini goals is the end of March as well! It's my bf's bday and we are going to do SOMETHING, I have no idea yet! But of course I want to look good. And I think mini goals are helpful. So seriously, whats your secret to getting all the exercise in? Thats where I need the biggest help right now!

Courtnie - No gains! Woohoo! And that was with two semi off plan meals! What kind of straightener do you have? I got a conair professional straightener, it seems to work pretty good. Got at London Drugs of course! Although I haven't ever used a REAL REAL professional one before - its just higher heat right? I haven't started using mine on the highest heat yet - scared I guess?

Well I better get to bed! I am tired and I gotta get up at 6am, fun! I have Sunday and Monday off though :)

-Aimee

SwimGirl
01-20-2008, 02:11 AM
Me again... had a pretty good day! Josh is getting the hang of this cooking low-fat thing! He made chicken breasts, marinated, and baked, and potatoes and green beans. I might have made the green beans, but it was still good!

Not much else to report over here!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
01-20-2008, 06:36 AM
Let's talk about my luck: after almost 15 years, it decides to SNOW in back in Birmingham! UGH!

SwimGirl
01-20-2008, 02:40 PM
Shari - Snow is highly overrated! Be glad you've missed it! It's pretty to look at, but if you need to do anything, or go anywhere? You pretty much can't! I now hate the snow.. lol.. can you tell?

I'm having a "nice" start to my day.. the kids woke me up earlier than I'd like and all I want to do is sleep! I have a big of a headache and sleep is the only thing that will help. I can't wait to move!

-Aimee

SwimGirl
01-20-2008, 09:33 PM
I am not going to get anywhere near my calories today - I wasn't feeling so good and had a 2.5 hour nap instead of lunch. When I woke up I wasn't even remotely hungry, hope I am not getting sick! Everyone at my work is sick - one gal even ended up in the hospital! Yikes!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

-Aimee

sotypical
01-20-2008, 10:33 PM
I love snow! snow snow snow!

Hope your feeling better Aimee, I got my fingers crossed that you are not getting sick!

I went over calories yesterday but I did exercise! I exercised again today (7 days in a row! woo) - I did 50 min today! woohoo Today eating is good though.

When I was at the mall I bought another walk away the pounds video and a rebounder! so much fun :)

Dinner is bacon wrapped chicken, spicy thai rice and veggies mmmmm

JasonsLea
01-21-2008, 04:58 AM
Aimee ~ It's just the principle: after almost a decade and a half, it decides to snow AFTER I move. What's up with that? I hope you feel better soon. :hug:

Courtnie ~ That bacon wrapped chicken sounds delish!

sotypical
01-21-2008, 01:16 PM
Shari - the bacon wrapped chicken is pretty good, only 180 calories too! Mind you the piece isn't that big. The only thing I find is it kinda makes the house smell gross after cooking it.

SwimGirl
01-21-2008, 01:57 PM
Shari - It's been a bad winter here, lol, guess I am kinda bitter on the snow thing! Sorry you missed it - it IS a good photo op and pretty!

Courtnie - 180 IS low in calories - what kind of chicken do you use? I have been having chicken breasts like nothing else - Josh is starting to get sick of all the chicken. But its so much lower in calories than beef!

Today I am going to weigh in, not sure how excited I am about that. I'm gonna go wake up and then weigh in - I will be back in a couple of hours probably to let you all know what happened ( I gotta drive Josh to work!).

-Aimee

Rosario
01-21-2008, 02:02 PM
Shari - it snowed here in GA too!! it had snowed earlier last week, but on Saturday I woke up and everything was white outside. I love the snow. I'm hoping for a snow day.

aimee- you're so lucky....your bf cooks. I just hate that if I'm too lazy to cook, we end up eating out because I'm the only one who cooks.

courtnie - what's going on with that job in ....Alberta was it?

hsmomx2 - i envy you being so close to 199. but you put in the hard work so of course, you'll get ur rewards. did you get snow? what part of GA are you in?

so my bf was good....oatmeal and nuts. Lunch - not so much. there are no groceries at my house so I couldnt bring lunch and it is freezing outside so I walked to the closest thing. But it's ok, im not going to throw the whole day away. I will work out after work (BL dvd) and I will eat my marinated chicken breasts, rice and veggie for dinner. I guess there is an upside to eating out so much....I am actually craving my own cooking.

sotypical
01-21-2008, 02:54 PM
Aimee - I actually got the back wrapper chicken at M&M's! I usually buy my chicken breasts from Costco, I get the lilydale boneless skinless and they are only 105 calories each! Good luck with the weigh in!

Rosario - I haven't applied yet! I want to do some work to my portfolio, hopefully I have time!

SwimGirl
01-21-2008, 04:54 PM
Rosario - your dinner sounds yummy! Josh is getting tired of chicken, so he wants me to make something different tonight. I have no idea what I'm going to do yet! Josh is a WAY better cook than I am! I can make some good veggies, but the meat thing baffles me.. lol.

Courtnie - good to know on the chicken thing! I have been estimating 202 for each chicken breast!

So I weighed in - 254, so I am down 10 pounds this month! I had to revise my goal for this month as well, I had planned on doing a cleanse this month but I just don't have the time for it, so it'll be in Feb. So I changed my goal from 20 pounds to 10 pounds - which is my original goal - 10 pounds a month! So I met my January goal! Just in time - I am missing next weeks WI because I will be in Seattle!

-Aimee

sotypical
01-21-2008, 05:02 PM
Congrats Aimee on making your monthly goal! that is super awesome!!!!

Rosario
01-21-2008, 06:00 PM
Way to go Aimee!!!

:cheer::cheer:

SwimGirl
01-21-2008, 10:45 PM
Thanks Gals! I took myself shopping and bought a new shirt, and a pair of earrings for this party I am going to in Feb. Pimp 'n Ho theme. I got red hoop earrings, and I have red lipstick to match, its going to be a very funny outfit! And I think I'll have to be slightly drunk to leave the house in it.. hehe..

-Aimee

JasonsLea
01-22-2008, 12:30 AM
Courtnie, how do you make it?
Ro, my friend Kittie goes to school in Georgia and she was happy to see the snow.
Aimee, WOOOT! WTG sweetie! PimpnHo theme party? What? LOL

WI tomorrow and I seriously doubt I lost anything this week. The hospital just makes too good food! Anyone have any tips on stopping my eating at work?

purplecrush
01-22-2008, 12:11 PM
Hey girlies!

WTG Aimee on making your goal! Thats awesome! Keep it up! Seattle is beautiful..how long are you going to be there?

I love the snow! It hardly snows where im at..im in the valley..seafloor baby..Mt. Hood is only 45 mins from me where it snows blizzards, but not for me :( I did snow last wed. My friend and I were taking a walk and it started snowing! It was the coolest thing (literally lol) so we walked more. We ended up walking 2 hours in the snow. Then it stopped...and end of the snow, dang it.

Have a great day ladies!!!

sotypical
01-22-2008, 01:24 PM
Shari - I just baked it in the oven!

Aimee - I think the party sounds like great fun!

Randee - we don't get much snow here either, we got a bit this year though, it's really cold right now - was hoping for snow today! but it's sunny :(

purplecrush
01-22-2008, 09:15 PM
Im in total shock!!! Heath Ledger died today! I cant belive it! Im just so sad..I dont know what to do. I love him! It really makes you think how precious and short life is.....

back at it
01-22-2008, 10:11 PM
:wave:Hi girls! Some of you know me....some of you don't but will soon enough!
How are you all doing?I've missed you girls!:hug:

JasonsLea
01-23-2008, 01:02 AM
Randee ~ :hug: I was stunned when I heard. He was definitely not someone I expected to die so young. I know this might sound really silly and crazy but I worried about myAngie and Gerard. I mean, if I feel this way about Heath dying, lord knows what I'll be like if one of them dies!

WENDY! *kiss*

Down 3.6 this week.

sotypical
01-23-2008, 01:34 PM
WENDY!!! Nice to see your back!!!

Shari 3.6! wow you go!!! congrats!!!!

SwimGirl
01-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Shari - The boys dress like pimps, and girls dress like ho's! It'll be fun! I am wearing baby pink terry cloth shorts, black bra, white ribbed tank top, and I'm going to tease my hair out, with teal makeup.. also red hoop earrings with matching red lipstick! heh. Congrats on the WI! Thats a GREAT loss!!

Randee - We are just going for 3 days. Its my brother's Birthday on Monday so we are mostly just going to hang with him for that. And since my brother doesn't want to come shopping, or for us to be shopping the entire we are there - so we are going to shop our way down there. We leave Saturday morning and will hit up a mall and then downtown! I do love to shop!

back at it - I haven't met you before! But Welcome!! :)

So seriously, first Brad Renfrew, and now Heath Ledger? Just too much death of young stars! I just find it disturbing because of their age! Heath is my age - so sad.

-Aimee

purplecrush
01-23-2008, 04:04 PM
Im still stunned about his death...im not sure who the other guy is.. Brad Renfrew...they say he was a child star..

On to a happier note..im down 2.8 lbs this week..so its a total of 12 lbs! Yippee!!

Shari-WTG girl!!! Keep it up!

Back at it- nice to meet you!!!

hsmomx2
01-23-2008, 11:07 PM
Ro- I live in Bartow county. Saturday when it snowed I was at the Sweet Tomato in Kennesaw. By the time I got home most of the snow at home was melted. Where are you at?

Aimee- We eat some chicken here but it's mainly turkey for us. Congrats on meeting you goal this month!

Randee- Great job losing 2.8! I don't watch tv very much so I don't know who Heath was.

Wendy- Yay! Welcome Back!

Shari- Dang girl, 3.6 loss is excellent! Sorry, you missed the snow.

Well, last week I got in 65.2 miles and 560.8 ozs of water. This week isn't lokking nearly as good. I did get to the gym Sat-Tues due to sick kids. I did lift weights one of those days though. My weight in is tomorrow and I sure hope my newish scales are broke. I be so ticked off if it says I've gained. I've been working my butt off to hard for that to happen. True, not so much for this week, but their was nothing I could do about that. I did get in 12.59 miles done on the bike today. Wish me luck for weigh in tomorrow.

JasonsLea
01-24-2008, 04:03 AM
Sound crazy Aimee! LOL but definitely fun.

WOOOOT Randee! You are on a roll!

HS ~ You're doing awesome on exercise and water .

SwimGirl
01-24-2008, 11:41 AM
Randee - wow 12 pounds is AMAZING for such a short period of time! Keep this up and you will be at your goal in no time! :)

hsmom - I am crossing my skinny fingers for you! Just remember - if you don't have a great loss this week, you will next week! (thats a lesson I learned from Biggest Loser, heh)

Shari - a lot of people I know do theme parties, I've been to a Hawaiian theme, an Elvis one. Gotta keep things interesting!

I am so so so tired this morning! When the alarm went off all I could think was that there was no way it was time to get up. I hope I get to go to bed early tonight because I work late Friday and we are heading to Seattle on Saturday morning. Have a good day gals!

-Aimee

hsmomx2
01-24-2008, 02:24 PM
Aimee- I hope you have fun in Seattle. I felt just like you this morning. I've been going to be way to late and getting up at the normal time. I need more than 5 hours of sleep. Coffee usually helps, at least it does me.

Wendy- Where have you been?

Well, I lost 1.8. I'm official in onederland by .4 but hey I've finally made it. *doing a happy dance* ;-) Sorry to post and go I've got to get dd to the dr. She just can't shake strep for some reason.

back at it
01-24-2008, 03:37 PM
HI everyone!!
I've been pigging out and loving the food! Although now i'm suffering the consequences! LOL!
Actually only gained about 15 lbs back in the 9-10 months I've been MIA but still I feel gross!
I've been doing the Slim in 6 program for 3 weeks now, lost only 4 lbs but I've lost 8.25 inches so far! Hpe the weight will start coming off in the next week, I'm going to do the six day express diet recommended with the program.

SwimGirl
01-25-2008, 12:26 AM
I am still SO SO tired - my work day was exhausting so that didn't help so much. But!! I decided I am going to buy lip liner! LOL - big purchase for me because I haven't ever used it before. I just want my lips to look pretty, heh.

hsmom - CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! I am SO beyond excited for you!! You made it!!! SPEECH!! Whats been the one thing thats allowed you to lose 40 pounds and keep it off??

back - 15 pounds isn't too bad! Could be worse! Glad you are back at it, it just feels better to eat healthy and exercise. What is Slim in 6?

I am gonna go enjoy my couch.. hehe.. talk to you all soon!

-Aimee

sotypical
01-25-2008, 01:15 PM
Wendy I gained about that too! You are not alone!

Randee - 12 pounds! WTG!!! WOOHOO!

Aimee - I hear you on being tired, this staying up late and coding and waking up earlier and exercising is KILLING me! argh

Weigh in today -1 pound. I know one pound is good and all that but it is still frustrating, 1 pound every two weeks SUCK! I have been working my butt off - I hope it catches up to me soon. Gonna give it another two weeks or so and then I might have to re-think my exercising.

Oh another note it's Friday! I exercise this morning but kinda half assed it it, had to keep pausing to do stuff because it was a busy morning - so I feel kinda crappy about not getting a good morning work out in. But I think I am going for sushi for lunch - mmm sushi!

SwimGirl
01-25-2008, 02:51 PM
Courtnie - I only lost a pound this week as well.. just remember what you tell me! Keep at it, it'll be SO worth it in the end! Take those measurement!

I am having issues with eating all my veggies, and making my meals. Ugh, not good! I have been SO tired and working really late shifts, makes eating hard! Anyways, tomorrow morning we head to Seattle so I'll be taking a rest from cooking and hope to come back revitalized! Gotta get refocused on my Feb goals! Alright, thats it from me, I am off to work and to pack!

-Aimee

sotypical
01-25-2008, 05:44 PM
Aimee - I can do 1 pound a week! 1 pound every two weeks sucks! LOL But I know, I know - this is just probably the HARDEST I have ever worked to lose weight - I am not gonna give up (yet haha). lol

Hope you have fun in Seattle!

back at it
01-25-2008, 09:34 PM
Courtnie~ You are Never allowed to give up!! Muhahaha!!!:devil:

Aimee~ Slim in 6 is a DVD thing from Beachbody, it's aerobics:carrot:And it's working well!

On that note... can some one give me a :kickbutt: I haven't worked out today:?:

JasonsLea
01-26-2008, 06:55 AM
Today I felt pretty....it felt GREAT!

Rosario
01-28-2008, 12:54 PM
shari - i figured out angie (jolie, right??)....but i'm having trouble figuring out who the heck is Gerard (butler??? the guy from 300???)

wendy - :kickbutt: I have forever been trying to get back into SI6. I started it for awhile, but gave up after 2 weeks. I love that workout so I'm hoping to get back into it real soon. Good Luck!!!

courtnie - this is probably the hardest you've worked, but you've come such a long way. I can't wait til my ticker comes even close to what yours says. You can only move forward from this point!!

Aimee- how was your seattle trip??

Hsmomx2 - :congrat: on making it to onederland. Can't wait to see you there...if I ever get off my butt. I'm just outside of Atlanta in Norcross. I have no idea where Bartow County is :shrug:

had a good bfast...just waiting to go to lunch and pick up a salad and some fruit. I'm actually craving fressh fruits and veggies. Too much eating out doesn that to you. How'd everyone do this weekend??

SwimGirl
01-28-2008, 02:04 PM
Shari - those are nice feelings! :)

Rosario - I'm still here! And it snowed, just a tiny bit though.
We will leave tomorrow morning and head back home - well I'm going straight to work, but you get the idea. Today we are heading to the mall! Yay! I'm hoping to find a cute pair of jeans, because I am desperate for a new pair. We've been eating out a lot - and not eating enough. I can't wait to get home in that sense! Yesterday at 7pm I'd only eaten a SMALL breakfast, I was so so so sick from not eating, we are talking light headed, cramping stomach, not to mention how cranky I was. Yuck. I don't know how my brother does it!!

With that I'm off to shower and get this day started! Have a good one ladies!

-Aimee

sotypical
01-28-2008, 04:58 PM
Rosario- craving veggies and fruit is a good thing! This weekend was good, Saturday was my no counting day (grandma's birthday) - yesterday we went out and bought a bunch of appy things (high in cals, WOW!) - but I only ate a few of each and stayed under calories - but after eating just a few of each I didnt feel good and look forward to nice healthy food today.

Right now I am eating my lunch, sooo tastey!
Cup of cream of mushroom soup
and a chicken wrap! I took chicken and chopped celery and wrapped it in a tortilla with cheese, mmmmmm

hsmomx2
01-28-2008, 10:10 PM
Ro- When I was 17 & 18 I helped a friend that worked at the AmEx (American Express) for traveling. I can't remember the name of the street it was on though. Bartow County is northwest of you. Good job on your eating today! Come on and join me in onederland it feels good.

Shari- I'm glad you felt pretty. I haven't felt that way in a long time. It would probably help if I dressed up in some clothes that actually fit me.

Aimee- I hope you have a great time in Seattle. Hmm... the one thing that allows me to lose weight and keep it off is not giving up. I've slacked off some here and there but I get back up and get over my poor pittiful me mode.

Courtnie- Your wrap sounds good. I like cream of mushroom but it with other foods. How many years is your grandmother celebrating? It sounds like you had a good time and managed to stay in your calorie range.

Wendy- I would give you a kick to get you moving too but I can't remember how to find it on here. So consider yourself kicked into gear. You can do this girl.

Some how I still have a butt even thought it felt like I worked it off. I got 6.3miles on the bike on hill plus, 30 minutes of weights, and 6.5 miles of walking in today. I also tried out 3 machines at the gym I've not been on before. After the gym I came home ate lunch and took a three hour nap. Then after we got our taxes done and ate dinner I went to the park and walked until my dh was tired of sitting at the play ground with ds. I want to participate in the 3 Day Breast Cancer walk, but dh said no because if I don't raise to a certain amount the the rest would be mine to pay. I couldn't give dh my word that I was sure I could get that much raised. Has anyone of you done one of these before? I still want to though.

sotypical
01-29-2008, 12:44 AM
hsmomx2 - is it horrible I dont know? I believe it is 83

So today I did 9 miles of walk away the pounds videos! wooo! 45 min this morning and 70 min after work!

And then I treated myself and ordered 4 more of the walk away the pounds dvds on ebay!

JasonsLea
01-29-2008, 01:49 AM
Ro ~ You're right on both counts. I love Angelina Jolie and Gerard Butler!:val2:
Aimee ~ How did the jeans shopping go?

WTG on that exercise Courtnie and HS!

Tomorrow is WI, don't think I did good but I'm not sweating it. Starting off tomorrow early with a trip to the gym before my meeting.

hsmomx2
01-29-2008, 11:30 AM
Courtnie- Wow, Walk away the pounds really gets your exercise in! Great job keeping up the hard work.

Shari- (((Skinny vibes))) for weigh in tomorrow.

I've been tracking my progress in this website that you walk across America type thing. I'm aiming for 2009 walking miles and 2009 miles cycling. Yeah, I'm aiming high even if I don't make either one of them I'll be happy since I've made a difference in myself and my health.

I hope everyone has a great OP day.

hsmomx2
01-29-2008, 06:27 PM
Where is everyone today?

back at it
01-29-2008, 10:58 PM
I'm hiding, to cold here. Supposed to go down to -51C, converts to -59.8F
And I hurt my back so I've been MIA because of that:(

hsmomx2
01-29-2008, 11:47 PM
Wendy- I wouldn't get out in that weather unless I had to either. I hope your back starts healing quicker.

JasonsLea
01-30-2008, 01:32 AM
:wave: everyone.

Wendy ~ :hug: I'm sorry you hurt your back again.

I had a 1.4 gain this week. I'm okay with that cause it could have been WAY worse!

purplecrush
01-30-2008, 12:15 PM
Good morning girls! Its been a loooooooong week, so I havent been able to come post. Ive been working so much at the school..its throwing off my eating-every-two-hour-thing ive been doing lol..Im starving at school! But on the plus side, I had my weigh in and im down 3.2 lbs this week!!!! So thats 15 lbs!!!! Yippee! I made my Valentines day goal..im actually .4lb below it!! Thats a huge accomplishment for me..to make goal!

sotypical
01-30-2008, 01:34 PM
Congrats Randee! THAT IS AWESOME! yay!!!

I know it's not my weigh in today, but the scale has been up ALL WEEK! I am starting to get pissed. I have been eating perfect and exercising lots for 4 weeks. And lost a pound! This is crazy. I have eaten 1400-1600 EVERYDAY expect 3 days and during those 3 days I didnt even blow it that bad. I have exercised 1,125 mintues in 4 weeks - 6 days a week! I am starting to get angry.

I measure all my food
I weigh my food
I drink lots of water

argh, the only thing I do that is bad, is eat processed food!

SwimGirl
01-30-2008, 03:18 PM
I just wanted to let you ladies know I am alive! The weather is REALLY bad here, last night we went out for a walk in the snow and it was nearly up to my knees. For those of you not from BC - this is VERY rare. Actually this is the first time this has happened here in 8 years. Getting to work in a pain, and takes LOTS more time. I will come and post properly soon, in the mean time I gotta leave for work!

-Aimee

hsmomx2
01-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Randee- Way to go Girl! Keep on rockin! A 3.2 loss is awesome. I would enjoy having a loss like that.

Shari- Sorry about the gain next week will be better.

Aimee- Be care in that crazy weather. I would of been lazy and just called in. I don't like to get cold.

Courtnie- (((hugs))) I'm sorry your having a hard time losing. It sounds like your doing everything right and your body is being stubborn. Hang in there! Have you measured lately to see if your changing that way instead of on the scale?

I have weigh in tomorrow and my scales have been up most of the week but I think it's from lifting weights and increasing my intensity with cardio. Have a great night.

JasonsLea
01-31-2008, 03:48 AM
Randee ~ :bravo:

Courtnie ~ :hug:

Aimee & Ro ~ :wave:

HS ~ :crossed: for your WI tomorrow!

SwimGirl
01-31-2008, 03:53 AM
Randee - Congrats on the HUGE loss!! Thats seriously amazing!

Shari - at least you are keeping it real - a lot of people wouldn't report a gain. Myself included, the scale was UP 2 pounds this morning, yikes!

Courtnie - are you eating enough for how much you are working out? I've heard a lot of people stalling when they are mega exercising and keeping their calories the same. I'm sorry this is happening to you :( How many fat grams are you eating?

hsmom - GL with the weigh in! I wish I could call in to work - but my work is considered an essential service - so no work = no money, and also = big trouble. It's not really cold here - it's between -4 and +4, pretty mild really. Just so much snow!! 45 cm's is what they've measured.

Alright - so still no groceries in my house - yuck! I am hoping the snow will be gone reallllly soon and we can get to the grocery store!

-Aimee

sotypical
01-31-2008, 06:47 PM
Sorry about all that snow Aimee can you send some to me?

I think I am eating enough, I think I am just quick to complain - I posted in support and got advice saying I was eating too much and advice saying I was eating too little. I am going to try and lower the carbs and up the protien. ALSO I am trying some herbal thing, I am pretty sure its a joke but what do I have to lose? When I was in my fav local coffee shop this morning the girl was telling me about this stuff that she got at the herbal shop and she lost 20 pounds in a month just by taking it - I doubt it will work, but hey - what do I got to lose? So I bought some, LOL

I will let you know. I tried not to laugh when the woman was selling it to me, she was really nice though, tiny chinease women, so cute.

Oh, this morning when I stood on the scale it was down a bit! And i donated blood tomorrow so that should help the scale for tomorrow's weigh loss! LOL I am feeling good today though, it will happen I just have to be patient. OH and those cookies I had were tasty ;)

JasonsLea
02-01-2008, 03:35 AM
Happy Feb yall!

:hug: Aimee and WTG Court!

Where's Ro?

So I want yall to check out my current blog post. It explains my two goals for this month. :)

hsmomx2
02-01-2008, 02:03 PM
Well, the scales sux. I lost .2 after all the workout (19aps there's only been one more time I've gotten 19) and getting in more of my healthy guide lines that I normal do. Aargh. I"m making my appointmet for the recheck on my thryiod. I'm suposse to have it done on the 6th. I'll be at the hospital then having a procedure done to find out what is causing me to have moderate to serve abdomial pain followed up with me being sick. Today at the gym I earned 9 aps and I hope get to the park for a few more by walking around the track. Yes, some days I've been workouts twice. I've had to take naps in between them though. Okay, enough venting. Any words of wisdom? I want a big loss this coming weigh in.

Aimee- I'm crossing my fingers that the scale will be down next time.

Courtnie- Good luck trying the herb thing let us know how it goes. Yay on the scales being down this am.

Shari- This week will be better. Hang in there!

sotypical
02-01-2008, 07:59 PM
Shari good luck with the no soda! I tried to give up diet pop once... it was horrible, never again. That's how I started last year off - it just made me want to eat worse food, but I wanted to stick it out for the time I had set! argh, haha. I don't drink a lot, some days I dont have any at all.

So the scale was down this morning after all my complaining! yay! 1.4 - some of that could be the blood I donated, LOL.

I started those pills this morning, I will keep you girls updated and I am also gonna track it in my blog.

tgif

SwimGirl
02-02-2008, 12:03 AM
Courtnie - go check out my facebook pictures! It's up to my knees! I've never seen such a thing out here before! Congrats on the weight loss! What are the pills?

Shari - giving up soda is hard, but SO worth it! Well it was for me - I noticed a huge jump in my weight loss! And I felt really good too. Good luck :)

hsmom - sorry you had such a small loss this week! A stall pretty much has to happen with weight loss, its really too bad it does because it can be SO discouraging! Keep at it, and next week you will see a loss I am SURE!!

Well, I am NOT doing so good. We went grocery shopping last night, and I ate all my meals at home today, that part is good, still need to get more veggies though. But I get this weird thing - when I eat I get bad bad stomach cramping and pain, and I also get it when I DON'T eat! Ugh, I had to come home early from work today, which I hate doing. The scale was still up today, so technically in January I only lost 8 pounds, grrrr! I am planning to just move forward and aim for 10 for Feb, and might add another 10 pounds to that goal if I can do this cleanse! I think I better go to bed!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
02-02-2008, 03:29 AM

HS ~ I know it's frustrating but .2 is better than nothing.

Courtnie ~ WTG on the WL! I don't plan on banning soda completely from my diet forever but I definitely need to stop drinking as many as I do.

Aimee ~ Thanks and I hope you feel better!

Small NSV today: I brought a 2.2 L jug yesterday and I actually drank a whole one today! I plan on working my way to drinking two jugs daily. :)

purplecrush
02-03-2008, 01:43 AM
Hey all!

I stopped drinking soda on Jan 2. It has made me feel soooooo much better! Ive only drank water, and my saturday Starbucks. Soda makes me feel sluggish now. I never would have thought that I would give up soda, but I did and I feel great!

I dont expect a loss this week. We ordered chinese a few days ago and Ive been eating it daily and im feeling bloated, which is not good. Ive also not drank that much water because its been freezing!

SwimGirl
02-03-2008, 11:24 PM
Randee - I totally agree with you! I still have coke every once in a while, but it just doesn't have the hold on me that it used to.. it's kind of freeing! GL on your WI! You are doing SO SO good, so even if you don't have a loss for 1 week, you are ROCKING this girl!!

Shari - 2.2L it's AMAZING!! I don't think I could do that.

I am feeling SO much better, I came home last night and napped and when I woke up I was feeling SO much better. And my stomach is feeling nearly normal again - today was my first day back to counting calories as well. Tomorrow I am going to WI, I doubt I will see a loss, but I am trying to keep up the Monday weigh in's, gotta keep up the habit! Lets just hope that I don't see more of a gain after this week!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
02-04-2008, 02:11 AM
Randee ~ Good luck!

Aimee ~ Thanks and I'm happy you are feeling better. Good luck tomorrow.

So I upped it to my goal of 2 full jugs daily. Adding some flavor packets makes downing the water so much easier!

Rosario
02-04-2008, 11:00 AM
shari - You're brave!! i don't know if I could ever give up soda completely. Sometimes I just need a coke in the a.m. I don't like coffee, not a big fan of tea and I hate diet sodas. Sometimes I just need a pick me up.

aimee - 8 pounds is an awesome loss for Jan. You should be very proud of yourself!! Glad your tummy's feeling better.

courtnie - congrats on ur loss!!

hsmomx2 - what are aps??

randee - chinese? :drool: :devil:

Well, I haven't been really good, but I haven't been too bad. Alcohol got the best of me this weekend. Im exhausted today!!

I have a question for you guys....do you think it's bad to be really good during the week (food and exercise) but then drink alcohol on the weekends?? And of course with the drinking you know, there's always snacking. But I'm wondering if doing that a couple of weekends out of the month would be too damaging. What do you think?

sotypical
02-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Rosario - I think as long as you can limit it, it is okay. I used to do that but it got the point where it would get too out of control, I would ruin the whole weekend enough that it would cancel out all my hard work during the week. And then one day turned into two days, turned into 3 days of the week and then it was just stupid. The scale wouldn't move. I say pick one day and do what you want, and then be good the rest of the week!

Aimee - the pills are called Fitness Essence, so far I seem to find that my appetite is less, not sure if it is from the pills but that is one of things they are supposed to do. Yesterday in fact I was hardly hungry most of the day! it was kinda weird.

Anyway, my computer at home is in the shop - so I might not be around as much. I still have my boyfriend's computer but it doesnt fit on my lap hahaha so that means I probably wont spend a lot of time on it, lol.

Hope everyone has a good start to the week!

SwimGirl
02-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Shari - seriously the water thing is impressive! I don't think I drank ANY water yesterday - I had juice, vitamin water, ginger ale, tea, but not plain water. What flavour packets are you using? I can only find ones that have artificial sweetners in them :(

Rosario - thanks! I always want more though, thats the bad thing about weight loss, I am never happy with what I've done. I need to NOT think that way and be more positive. I love me some coke, especially fountain pop!! As for your weekends, I don't really think it's bad, only because if you cut it out you might feel like you are missing out, and you might quit all together. Try and have healthier snacks around if you can - and make smarter choices - for example at McD's? Have a cheeseburger rather than a Big Mac!

Courtnie - Hmm, never heard of them before. I used to take 5HTP, for other reasons then weight loss, but it totally curbed ANY cravings and reduced my appetite as well. I had to force myself to eat otherwise I probably just wouldn't. Can't remember if I lost weight from that though.. Where did you take your computer to get fixed?

So I got on the scale this morning and found out I am DOWN 1 pound! It might just be water weight coming off from what I had gained, but I am trying to keep myself accountable by reporting weight gains, so I'm gonna take it :) I am still thinking of doing the Wild Rose Detox this month, I am scared because last time I did it, it was really hard. But I felt SO much better afterwards! And this time I am not going to do it with Josh, because he didn't last and when he stopped I stopped. Instead I'll get him to cook for me! hehe..

-Aimee

sotypical
02-04-2008, 05:33 PM
Aimee - I had to take it to London Drugs, no where else will touch it because it is under apple's warrenty. THANK GOODNESS our London Drugs now has an apple tech, if it has of happened two weeks ago they would have to ship to somewhere else! argh The guy isn't in till tomorrow so hopefully he will call and let me know. I feel like I have to remember to eat with this stuff too... speaking of witch, I should eat now! LOL

I am kinda upset a bit, I made reservations for Valentine's day (yah I have to make them, lame) anyway I made it for this really nice (read expensive) please that we have never been too. I told Karden if he didn't wanna spend that much I would change it ($60 each) - it's a 4 course meal and sounds fun. Anyway, now he doesn't want to go for dinner on Thursday because it will be too late when he gets home from work (8:15 - around 9 when we would get there) - I totally understand that, but like... I wanna go for dinner, I know valentine's day is just another day of the year, but still! It's not like we go out often. He said we will go on the weekend instead, but it is just not the same! So now I am kinda sad. He says "it's just another day" - and sure it is, and everyone else goes out and it makes me jealous! argh I hate feeling jealous but I can't help it, esp when my co-worker talks about all the stuff he buys and does for his girlfriend :/

SwimGirl
02-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Courtnie - I'm sorry to hear about your Valentines day :( Have you tried sitting Karden down and saying that even though you know its just another day, to you its important. Sometimes men don't understand it until we make it clear to them. Yay for London Drugs! hehe.. I hope they get it all fixed for you!

I am working late tonight, 5-10pm, kinda sucks. I tell yah, work is getting to be super depressing! I am usually working alone, and had to do so many nights in the past couple weeks. Yuck. I hope it gets busier at work soon! On that note I better go shower!

-Aimee

sotypical
02-04-2008, 06:00 PM
Aimee - I am going to try talking to him before I cancel, he just told me today over MSN so I was just like okay. Congrats on down one pound! wooo - I agree, working nights sucks, thankfully it has been a long time since I had to do that! Have fun!

hsmomx2
02-04-2008, 07:11 PM
Rosario- ap= activity points. For every 100 calories I burn it's 1 ap. Today I got 17 almost 18 aps! My legs are still tired. I did the bike, ellipical, and the tread. I don't really drink but as long as it's in moderation it should be fine. You just dont want to undo all the hard work you put in during the week.

Courtnie- I'm hoping your boyfriend will understand better after you talk to him. Good Luck! Sorry your computer is broken.

Aimee- Great job on being down a pound this week. I'm the same way you are about weigh loss. I always want it to be more. What is a Wild Rose Detox?

Shari- How's the water going?

Well, dh is home and needs my help. So I gotta run for now.

sotypical
02-05-2008, 10:23 AM
This is just qucik as I am getting ready to exercise.

So weigh in day is FRIDAY - I am down 1.2 as of Friday and 1.4 as of this time yesterday morning.

So uh... either all my hard work is paying off or these pills are doing something?

hmmm either way I wont complain.

I will be back later!

JasonsLea
02-05-2008, 09:40 PM

Ro ~ I used to drink coke in the morning too....and Vault when I needed energy. Haven't had a Vault in a LONG time (since a little while before I left Bama) and oddly I don't miss it.

Courtnie ~ Hope your laptop gets fixed soon and WTG! Sorry about your St. Val day. :( I know your boy will probably be tired after work but it sucks he won't do this for you, ESPECIALLY if YOU are paying (which doubly sucks).

Aimee ~ WTG on your loss! And 99% of flavor packets are artificial sweetners which is one of the reasons I've started taking omega 3 caps and magnesium tabs cause I read in a article that the combination can help ease side effects of taking fake sugar, which for me is headaches.

HS ~ Water is fine and steady. :D

I lost .2 this week. Better than nothing.

SwimGirl
02-05-2008, 10:16 PM
hsmom - Wild Rose Detox is a food detox, so you eat the ENTIRE time! But you eat a certain balance of foods, lots of fruits and veggies, no sugar, no fake sugar, nothing processed. And you take certain pills too, I can't remember what is in them though.

Courtnie - how did the talk go? GL on the WI tomorrow!! :)

Shari - my throat swells up and I get migraines from artificial sweetners, sucks to be me! .2 is better than nothing! It's nice to see the number go down at all! I bet next week will be SO much better with all the water you are drinking!

So I went to a cosmetic school today - on my day off. It was SO worth it! I got a new eyeshadow pencil and a eye shadow palette (5 colour!), a sample of their new perfume, which is so so yummy! And a night cream which I'll be giving to my mom because it's not for my skin. The night cream is worth 72 bucks! Not bad for 4 hours! I enjoy all the schools and free product, heh. And now I'm off to exercise - feeling a little chubby after all the darn food!

-Aimee

Rosario
02-06-2008, 02:42 PM
Okay so, I did awesomely on Monday (went over just a bit on cals and I worked out). Fast forward to Tuesday....horrible on cals and no workout. Fast forward to today....had a horrible lunch but it shall be saved. I have got to do my SI6 workout and try to get my butt to the gym for an hour. I was feeling so good monday/tuesday morning....no bloatedness, I had energy. So I want that feeling again and again and again. Good thing is I held myself accountable for all the crap I ate and logged everything into my daily plate. That's a start, I guess.

aimee - i love freebies!!! Sometimes I buy all this crap I don't really need from Macy's just for the free make-up kits, gifts that they give away. That's awesome that you get all that stuff for just showing up.

shari - a loss is a loss is a loss :)

courtnie - I think all your hard work is finally paying off. Keep it up!!

hsmomx2 - hopefully i get that mentality that i shouldn't blow all of my hard work on the weekend. Send me some of your energy!!!

take care ya'll

sotypical
02-06-2008, 04:21 PM
I haven't heard anything about my laptop yet, argh. :/ I mean I know there are a busy but I was hoping they would phone and give me an estimate of how long it would take it fix it.

Aimee - weight in wasn't today, it's not till Friday, lol - no no talk, I didn't say anything - i dunno. I want free stuff! lol

Shari - I am not paying for dinner! haha I just had to make my own reservations - he chose that later shift, why should I have to suffer?

Rosario - it is a huge start to log in! It is so easy to ignore it. Just keep working hard - soon the exercising everyday becomes habit and you always feel good!

JasonsLea
02-07-2008, 01:27 AM
:wave: yall!

Aimee ~ Yay free stuff!

Ro ~ It IS a start, a good one. You'll make it!

SwimGirl
02-07-2008, 01:33 AM
Rosario - I am SO proud that you are posting, even if you aren't 100% on plan! It's hard this dieting thing! We'll do it! Cosmetics is really all about all the free stuff, I love it! We get this thing called Gratis where each cosmetic line (higher end stuff) gives us a certain amount of dollars and we can pick which products we want from the line. Its pretty amazing really - I don't think I'm going to have to pay for face wash, toner or moisturizer for the next 6 months!

Courtnie - for some reason I thought today was Friday - weird! Not even CLOSE! lol. I can't wait for Friday - I actually get the weekend OFF! Call them! Truly - sometimes they get a little slow at LD! Let them know you use the laptop for work, maybe that'll help! I love free stuff too :) Soon I'll have too much free stuff, so my mom, grandma and aunt are the next to benefit from it! My neighbour I think wants in on my action, but she never gives me stuff she gets free from HER job! So forget that! lol.. soo greedy eh?

Well today was REALLY good for food, I ate within calories, even a bit low! I also didn't have any processed foods. Phew! Good day, I needed this!

-Aimee

SwimGirl
02-07-2008, 12:49 PM
GRRR!! This snow is making me SO SO cranky! I was driving home from dropping Josh off and halfway up my hill the car got STUCK!!! It wouldn't go up anymore so I pulled over and parked, which would be fine, except I have to go to work in just over an hour! I don't realllllly know how I'm going to get out. I can't wait for the spring. I better go get ready for work.. ttyl!

-Aimee

sotypical
02-07-2008, 01:47 PM
Aimee - I called yesterday and the guy on the phone totally didn't listen to me anyway finally after he realized my computer was already there he said the guy was going to look at later in the day. So I got a call late in the afternoon pretty much saying he didn't think it was going to be covered under warrenty but he was going to go through my error logs (if there is an issue with hardware that would be covered) and test the hard ware, open up the case and see if there are damange to the hinges and phone apple and see if they will cover the hinges.

So I should hear from him sometimes today. I hope it's not gonna cost too much $$, I was going to buy the extended warranty so there is $400 plus whatever it costs to fix it :/ eeks

JasonsLea
02-07-2008, 11:51 PM
TOM started today. Of course it would be during the last week of my Val challenge so I definitely won't make it. :( Oh well. Move on.

purplecrush
02-08-2008, 12:55 AM
Hi all! This has been such a crazy week! I also only lost .2 this week, which is better than gaining, but still..oh well. Ive been running around like crazy. I work for the school district and I spend my days running from one class room to another doing interventions, testing and what not..Im exhasted by the time I get home!

Shari :hug: sorry about TOM, that sucks! You came a long way to your goal! You should be proud!

Courtnie- Hope it doesnt cost too much money, that sucks. Electronics can be a pain sometimes!!!! :dizzy:

Rosario- WTG on being honest. I know its hard to post when your not doing well..I do the same thing. Ive been trying to be good and honest and the way that happens if I think about posting all my badness on here lol. I also buy too much crap at Macy's just for the free bag with all the dinky free stuff in it that I want but never use!!

Aimee- I LOVE freebies!!! :love: I wish I had the hook up lol.. send some of that snow down to me, would ya!!!

hsmomx2
02-08-2008, 09:55 AM
Good morning Ladies! I need to start getting by here daily. My totals for the month of January water 2601.2 ozs & 233.84 miles in. If I can keep up the exercise and water for this month I'll beat last month. Dh got me the exercise bike I've been wanting. Now, if the kids are sick or the child care at the gym is closed I'll still be in my workouts. This year's income tax was a good refund. I got a new workout Dvd, it's Carmen Elecra's Fit to Strip. It's the second one of her series. I couldn't find the first one. The outpatient thing went good no major problems. The dr. is treating me for IBS for now but he hasn't ruled out Chrohn's diease. I have to go back in a few weeks after being on the meds he gave me.

Courtnie- How did weigh in go? I hope that LD gets your computer fixed soon. That would drive me crazy.

Rosario- Great job on logged in your calories and being accountable to yourself. That's a great start. (((passing you some energy))) I really wanted to do the Breast Cancer walk, I still can't convince dh. That's okay I'll keep workout hard incase he changes his mind. Our insurance company has put the pressure on if dh and I aren't at a certain bmi or lower they will go up on the price by November. It's something new they are starting.

Shari & Randee- Congrats on the losses. I didn't get to weigh in this week do to dr's orders that I couldn't drive for 24 hours. The nurse said if I did the police could give me a dui if I got pulled over or in a wreck. I didn't know that.

Aimee- I enjoy getting free stuff to. Sometimes I'll get on the computer to see what freebies are out there.

I've got to get off here now and get ready for the gym. Yesterday I workout from home on the bike I got in 17.75 miles between two sessions. Have a great day!

sotypical
02-08-2008, 03:24 PM
Weigh in was okay. Well good, down 1.2. 170 even. Was hoping for 169.8 I saw yesterday, haha.

I dunno, I now tom is gonna start any day and this is totally gross but I have been like spotting for a couple weeks and I am starting to get worried :/ I hope it stops after tom is over. Anyway that was totally TMI.

LD still doesn't know like anything about my computer other then they wont cover the hinges - fine whatever, they need to be fixed. So I asked how much $$ and they said they have to call apple again! LIKE WTH WERE YOU DOING YESTERDAY WHEN YOU CALLED THEM? I told you I wanted this fixed! So then he tries to tell me to reinstall my operating system to fix the crashed AFTER I asked him to do a hardware test for me. I don't want him touch my software, I know how to reinstall I can do that myself - just test my god damn hardware like I asked! argh.

I was ready to fork over the $400 for apple care, but now I am not going to. This is crazy, once my warranty runs our I can take the damn thing apart myself. I am even going to consider selling it and then buying a new one, and pay the difference - but I dunno if i am going to bother with that either.

These are just such expensive computers and it seems like 80% of them have the one issue I am having anyway and apple doesn't cover it. I should be able to move my computer and not have the screen slam closed on my fingers! Apparently it is because the screen is too heavy? HELLO stronger hinges.

Anyway I am done my rant, hope everyone is having a good Friday.

SwimGirl
02-10-2008, 02:00 PM
Hey ladies! It's been an exciting weekend over here - we went to that Pimp 'n Ho party last night, it was fun. Not like, wow, so much fun I can't wait to do it again, but more like - I didn't want to dig my eyes out with a spoon fun. This is the same place we went New Years where I had the worst time, so what more can you ask for! Again though, I got the hostess a little present and she hugged JOSH and said thank you to me. I guess she'll just always be Josh's friend and not mine.

hsmom - Hope for IBS - it's so much easier to deal with! I'll cross my fingers its neither though! I've experienced IBS-like symptoms but just haven't gone to the doctor, I've seriously altered my diet for them to go away and so far so good. Congrats on getting that much water and exercise in - very impressive!! Freebies online? How do you find those? I'm really lucky with my job to get so much, I really appreciate it and hope for more! heh.

Courtnie - congrats on the loss! I'm sure you will see the 160's next week! Also depending on what pill you are taking sometimes it can mess with your cycle and you end up spotting, I sometimes do the same and can feel bloating and slight cramping for 2-3 weeks depending on when I started the pill. I'm sure it's normal, just keep your eye on it next month!

I am still planning to do the Wild Rose Detox starting this week, today I am going to go thru the foods and see what I should be buying, and more importantly what I SHOULDN'T be buying! I had really wanted to start this thing on Wednesday (because I have wed&thurs off), but Josh has the same days off and I worry he's going to want to do things you just cannot do when you are starting a detox. We'll see, depends on my schedule next week because I REALLY need 2 days off in a row to get start. I am just babbling. I'm going to go try and get back to sleep (late night early morning = yuck!).

-Aimee

JasonsLea
02-10-2008, 08:44 PM

Congrats on the losses Randee and Courtnie!

These last two days have been SO wonderful! Mama took everyone out of town to get the stuff out of storage and I've had the place to myself this whole weekend! I definitely need to get my own place cause I miss it!

purplecrush
02-10-2008, 09:44 PM
Good evening everyone! This weekend was fun. We went to the coast on Friday night. We went because the town puts out glass floats along the coast (about 10 miles long) and its a fun little hunt. You find one, you register it and they tell you who made it and you can win a prize. So I woke up at 5 am , got the kids up and went out there to look. Well aparently everyone else got up in the middle of the night and found them!!! We were so bummed!! So I took the kids down to Depoe Bay and went whale watching and got completely soaked from the ocean lol..theres a huge sea wall in this little town. It was kinda storming yesterday and when the water would hit this wall, it would come up and spray everyone, mostly it was just mist..but one time it hit so hard, water came up and drenched everyone! It was so funny! So the kids and I were soaked and had to change in the car..

Came home and im finally tackling my room. I didnt want to, but I felt like I had to. Its coming along pretty nice. I got rid of a bunch of things I didnt want anymore..its about time lol

Ive ate horrible these last few days. I hate it when I do this. Just gotta get back on track!

Well just wanted to check in, ill be back later

sotypical
02-11-2008, 02:18 PM
I went away this weekend and did not bad - I had a few more french fries then I would of liked but in all cases I never finished a meal - and when I stood on the sale this morning I was only up .8 of a pound! not bad! We went to a hockey game and didnt eat and or drink anyway! woo! and we did tons of walking while we were away! anyway I got lots to do I will post again later.

SwimGirl
02-12-2008, 03:12 AM
I actually forgot to weigh in this morning! Possibly tomorrow - but I have a beyond early morning and a nicely late night tonight. Yuck!

Sounds like everyone had a nice weekend :)

-Aimee

JasonsLea
02-12-2008, 03:21 AM

Court ~ Red Robin FINALLY has nutrition info on their site! Red Robin (http://www.redrobin.com/home/customizer.aspx)

Everyone is back and the house is in chaos again but this time WAY more cramped! I've decided to move out by March. Overtime overload this month for sure!

Since St. Val day is Thursday, I've decided to surpass my WI tomorrow and just wait. Two extra days to try to undo some TOM damage. I went to Gold's today! The one closest to me is unimpressive. :( Pool and jacuzzi is way smaller than the one at the Y in Birmingham AND it's RIGHT smack out there were all can see! I mean, as SOON as you walk in, you see the pool! No frosted glass or anything! *sigh* I went into the locker room and this nice older lady tried to assure me that no one evers pays attention to people in the pool but I have doubts. You know I'm self concious. I wondered around the locker room, it was so-so, and they only have a sauna. I hate saunas! I love steam rooms! I can't wait till I get my car. Hopefully other Golds around San Antonio are a little better. :?:

JasonsLea
02-12-2008, 03:21 AM
Ooooohhhh, I forgot to add that my mama brought my scale! YAY! I feel a little better.

Rosario
02-12-2008, 02:00 PM
hey chickies!!

I'm here...nothing really new with me...just maintaining. Lazy as heck.

OMG the saddest thing happened yesterday. Me and bf were lazing around the living room and I had our balcony door open and my baby Jaz was out on the balcony. Well all of a sudden we hear this noise outside. And me and my bf were like "Oh ****!! The cat fell off the balcony!" I couldn't see him anywhere on the ground. So my bf ran out and calling out to him like crazy but we didnt see him. So finally I hear him crying like never before and I ran out and he was in front of a first floor apt looking all scared and screaming. Poor baby fell from the 3rd floor!!! Thank God nothing was wrong with him...we watched him for awhile to see if he was injured and my bf inspected him but he seems to have avoided injury. I think the poor baby was more shocked and scared than anything. Phew, he sure has someone looking over him (my bf's neice probably...she loves him and always prays for him...it's too cute).

shari - don't u feel way better with a scale around?

hsmomx2 - i also wanted to participate in a walk like that...but then I learned about having to raise the money or putting it in if you don't raise enough. I'm all for charities, but that's just something I wouldn't be able to afford.

sotypical
02-12-2008, 04:41 PM
Shari - yay!!! about time!! haha, funny how everything is MUCH worse then everywhere said. I mean the few places that did have some nutritional info were WAY WAY off! lol I am happy they finally have it though :) yay for scale!! good luck with weight in :)

JasonsLea
02-13-2008, 05:10 AM
Ro ~ Happy your baby is okay. :)

Courtnie ~ No problem.

sotypical
02-13-2008, 01:28 PM
Ro - sorry to hear about your Jaz, glad he was okay. That sure must of been a real good scare!

So I am going to call today and cancel my Valentine's dinner, blah - never really talked to Karden about it. It is just a day, just a dinner I don't need and money that could be better spent elsewhere. And maybe this weekend we can go out somewhere for half the price. It was going to be $60 each for dinner and I don't think that included drinks - so it is for the better. I was going to take myself out to lunch tomorrow but that might mess the weigh in on Friday so I think I will go today. Just to get some pita and hummus at the coffee shop (prob 600-700 cals) mmmm I can't wait! It's so good and they havent had it in ages and they brought in back when I asked! hahaha

Tomorrow after work we are going to go visit my Grandma - take Cloe (her boston terrier that is ours now) to see her as well give her a card or something. That will be nice. Maybe I can take my mom out for dinner and then tell Karden to make his own! hahahahha I dunno, I am not mad just disappointed I guess.

I got a bunch of new walking videos in the mail yesterday - YAY! I did one this morning and it kicked my butt but was so much fun - I think I might started writing reviews on them on my site :)

As for my computer I never told you guys. I called Apple on Friday and now the hinges are going to be covered under warrenty! YAY! The guy at LD told me it looked like one the hinges had been soder/welded so I called apple and complained so they are gonna cover them :) They gave me a special thing for the guy to order parts. Originally they wanted me to ship my computer to them but then found out they dont do mail in repairs for my area? WTF? You sold me a computer you can't fix??? anyway.... I should have it back soon.

This morning the scale was down 1.6! wooo - it's not weigh in though, haha :) Not bad considering this weekend wasn't super great.

hsmomx2
02-13-2008, 05:07 PM
Courtnie- I'm glad to hear you may be getting your computer back soon. Great job on the loss!

Aimee- You can google a search for freebies or coupons. That's how I've found a few. I use to be on this one loop where a lady would post links to all the ones she found.

Shari- Sorry the Gold's in your area isn't laid out better. I would swim there either but that's just who I am. How's your water going?

Ro- I'm glad your cat is okay, poor thing.

Randee- It sounds like you had fun on your trip.

According to hospice my grandfather only has a few days or hours left. Cancer sucks. So far today I've been on op. I'm aiming to put a lot of focus on being op and see how it goes. I've not been eating bad, but I'm not losing like I want to.

SwimGirl
02-13-2008, 08:22 PM
hsmom - sorry to hear about your grandfather - cancer really DOES suck. My bf has lost 3 close relatives from it in since we've been together, its hard to watch.

Courtnie - sorry to hear about your valentines day. Congrats on the weight loss though!

Rosario - omg! Thats a crazy thing to happen to your cat! Hope he is still doing well. I am with you - been so lazy lately. Since I got back from Seattle! Thats TWO weeks, yikes!!

Shari - Uhm, yah thats a really stupid place for a pool!! Why even put one in is my thought. I call it too much quality time when I'm around my family too much hehe.

Tomorrow I start a detox - I went and bought all the foods today, and so far everything looks yummy. Tomorrow for dinner we'll have a roast, steamed broccoli and a baked potato - seems yummy so far! I bought some great snacks, and am hopefully all prepared! It's not a HUGE different from my normal diet, just no banana's, no bread and no coffee.. other than that, I've been eating this way since January! I got on the scale this morning and it was up to 258! So thats up from 255, but it'll come off with this detox. I'm off to clean, talk to you all later!

-Aimee

SwimGirl
02-14-2008, 04:36 PM
So I started the detox - so far so good! I took the pills about 45 minutes and nothing drastic yet! lol. I weighed this morning to get an accurate start to this detox - and it was 257, so I put it in my ticker. Glad to see it wasn't 258 anyways! heh. I can recover from a 1 pound gain!

Happy Valentines day to all of you that celebrate it! I personally don't, I'm too cheap... lol... and I expect Josh to treat me great everyday not just 1. Also I prefer pink to red ;)

-Aimee

SwimGirl
02-15-2008, 12:44 AM
1 day down - 11 to go :) It went very well!

psst - where IS everyone?!?!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
02-15-2008, 06:24 AM
Happy belated Valentine's yall! :val1:

Hope you all had a good day. WI was 1.6 down.

sotypical
02-15-2008, 01:30 PM
Congrats on WI Shari! yay!

Happy belated Valentine's to everyone too! I treated myself to new hair straightener! I finally went to the salon and bought myself a nice high end one - so far it works great, now if my hair stays straight all day then it was worth every penny! haha

Good luck with the detox Aimee!!

WI this morning.... down 3.2 !! So wow, not sure that I have ever lost that much in a week.... I am starting to think that maybe these pills really do work? I will know for sure if they happens a few times in the next few weeks. It could be all my hard work catching up or it might really be the pills. Even in the past when I worked my butt off I only lost 2-2.4 pounds a week... so hmmmmmmm

hsmomx2
02-15-2008, 05:15 PM
I went to see my grandfather for Valentine's day. Yesterday ended up be a good day for his condition but I know he over did his self. He surprised my step grandmother with a card and a box of candy. She just cried and cried and asked him how he did it since he can't get out. He said he had a little help. My mom said they looked like teenage love birds. He was so happy to see her happy. He managed to sit up in the living room beside her to watch some tv with her. She's 75 and he's 76. It was just so sweet I had to share.

It's like 120 miles up there and 120 back. But spending time with him is so worth it. I going back up there this weekend to visit with him and give my mom a break. She's starting to wear down but she refuses to leave but will sleep if someone else is there.

For weigh in yesterday I lost 4.2 pounds!!

Shari & Courtnie - Congratuations on your losses!

Aimee- I hope your detox continues to go well.

nharden1984
02-15-2008, 07:58 PM
I'm really depressed because everytime (maybe two weeks prior) my "monthly friend" is about to visit, I eat the whole house UP and then some :D I'm so upset... 'cause it's like all this effort I made to lose the weight or at least try, went down the drain, and it was all for nothing. I know 3,500 calories equals a pound, and I believe I'm eating more than that a day! OMG!!! I don't think its emotional eatting. Or at least I hope i t's not. Arrrrrrgh... I'm frustrated and tired. I mean, it never ever fails. Is there anyone out there that faces a similar issue that can enlighten me???!!?!?

SwimGirl
02-16-2008, 01:03 AM
Courtnie - holy cow!! Congrats!! Thats amazing!! Make sure you keep track of your losses and if those pills work - send me some! heh. How much are you exercising each day? When I am done this detox I will definitely be doing some exercise.

hsmom - seriously? WOW on the WI!! You totally deserve it! Sounds like a VERY cute valentines day!

Today is day 2 - just 10 to go! It's going well, very well infact - knock on wood! I am gonna WI on monday - so send those skinny vibes my way!!!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
02-16-2008, 02:23 AM
WOOOOT WTG Courtnie and HS!

Aimee ~ *skinnyvibes*

NHarden ~ :hug: Sorry hun. All I can tell you is to buckle down and think of someway to beat TOMs ***! It's possible!

sotypical
02-16-2008, 12:04 PM
hsmomx2 - congrats on the loss!!! wow!!!!!
Sounds like Valentine's Day was a great day! - sorry to hear about your grandfather

Aimee - skinny vibes!!!! I am exercising prob an average of 45 min a day. 6 days a week. When I can I try and do an hour though :) Now that I have a new hair straightner though I might rather spend time straightning hair in the morning then exercising, haha

I want to do an hour this morning since Karden is working, so I will probably do that soon :)

nharden1984
02-17-2008, 05:26 AM
Hi Everyone!!!! I'm excited cause I buckled down and turn on my will power and self control and had a wonderful day today. I "kinda" stuck to my portion sizes and "kinda" didn't go crazy on snacks! :D But anywho... I know this might sound crazy, but since last post, I discovered a GREAT solution to my problems.... TALKING OUTLOUD TO MYSELF :D Might sound like I'm crazy as ****, but all in all, it works.... for me at least. It's like I give myself pep talks. And when I don't feel up to doin something to keep me active or to stick to my weight loss plan, I feel angry and then this "VOICE" yells at me and tells me otherwise!!! I don't care how crazy this sounds, but its workin for me. When I did last post, I was 211lbs.... But now I'm at 208lbs. Could be water loss, Like Tyra Banks says...."So What!!!!" I'm gettin there! "So what if I talk to myself!"

I just felt as though I should share my inspiring moment of truth. I think I'm off my rocker a lil bit.... Not enough food. Goin a lil bonkers. J/K!!

***Side note... I don't spell check or proof read, so if somethin is off or spelled wrong or missin a word or three, I apologize in full advance Tahnk yuo J/K****

SwimGirl
02-17-2008, 06:01 PM
Good Morning! So I woke up feeling like total crap - so I got back into bed, read a bit, went online for a bit (gotta love a laptop), and then went back to sleep! When I woke up again I was feeling really good, I got up, made a good breakfast and did some cleaning! I guess I am at the part of the detox when I feel good - yay!

Shari - I am absorbing all those skinny vibes!!

Courtnie - I definitely need to get with the exercise - I think I might go for a little walk today, even though I am not supposed to exercise on this detox. What time do you get up at to get this exercise in? I am hoping to be transfered to a store closer to home so I can have time to exercise! We'll see.

nharden - we are all a little crazy when it comes down to it! I also give myself pep talks, not out loud tho.. but whatever gets you by!

-Aimee

SwimGirl
02-18-2008, 01:54 PM
Well - I guess I didn't absorb any of those skinny vibes - I am down 2 pounds this week. A little disappointed with that, hopefully next week brings a better WL for me!

Happy Monday!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
02-19-2008, 02:18 AM
Aimee ~ You know better! 2 lbs is GREAT! I would be really lucky to have that kinda weigh in tomorrow.

hsmomx2
02-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Shari- Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow!

Aimee- 2 pounds is great! Be proud of it I would be. I hope the detox is still going good.

Courtnie- How's your workouts going?

nharden- Welcome to the group! Great job on talking yourself thur it. It's great when we figure out a way to get our selves back on track. Sometimes I have to go thur my cabinets and send away the foods that I can't seem to control myself around. Have you tried grabbing a stick on gum when you first start feeling the munchies or brushing your teeth after every meal? I've went thur losts of gum.

Wendy, Randee, Ro & Jenn - Where are ya'll gals at? I hope ya'll will come back and visit.

I hope everyone has a great day. I don't think weigh Thursday is going to be as great. I had two cupcakes Sunday afternoon (My dad's bday). I hope to get in alot of time in on my bike to make up for them. I want a loss I don't care what it is. I had a 36 (maybe longer with no sleep) shift of taking care of my grandfather this weekend.

sotypical
02-20-2008, 11:42 AM
Aimee - I usually get up between 6 and 6:30, the last few mornings it has been 6:10 to make sure I have time to get in one hour before work and have time to flat iron my hair! haha

hsmomx2 - workouts are going great! just finished one and getting ready to get the shower. Don't worry about two cupcakes I ate much more then that! haha - How is your grandfather doing? Becareful not to burn yourself out, get some rest.

I went Ice Skating last nice for the first time in YEARS it was a blast! Would you guys record that as time spend exercising? haha

I still don't have my laptop back - parts are not in yet! grrrrr I did end up finally buying the extended apple warranty yesterday, I ended up finding a place in Toronoto that had it for HALF PRICE!!! wooo!! $200 instead of $400 from apple! And they will email me the code today or tomorrow, so awesome! (and no, it's not a scam, lol)

Anyway hope you are all having a good day thus far - talk to you later!

purplecrush
02-20-2008, 12:41 PM
Hi all..im here, but I feel like im dying!! I just started TOM . I havent had it in over 8 years! Ive been on the Depo shot. Well now that I started, im having the worst cramps ive ever had. I swear I can feel my insides moving!!! I feel like im in LABOR!!!!! Im not sure what to do, I tried everything!! Help !! lol I didnt bother weighing in today because im bloated as ****.

Ill catch up in a bit..gotta rest for a bit..

hsmomx2
02-20-2008, 04:17 PM
Courtnie- Yay, you found a great deal on that warranty! It's always great to save money. Last night was a hard for my grandfather but today has been pretty good.

Randee- I'm passing you some cyber Midol. I hope tom doesn't stay long and the cramps go away soon.

I've got to post and run since dd has to be at the church at 4. She's the reporter in the play they are doing called Simon Says. I weigh in tomorrow so I'll see if the cupcakes stuck with me. Jinks tomorrow but I actually feel smaller today. The pants I bought in Dec/Jan are to lose today!! Have an op day everyone.

SwimGirl
02-20-2008, 10:40 PM
Hey Gals! I had a good day - finally! It's been a few days coming. I have been feeling very down - not depressed, but just insecure about EVERYTHING! Not good, but today everything went smoothly and so I'm feeling good! The detox is still going good - not seeing the weight loss results I expected, but I am determined to stick it out. Mostly just to say I did it! Especially since so many people I know doubted me - kinda like - in your face meanies! heh. I am gonna jump on the scale tomorrow for a "mid-point" weight in, it'll be half way through the detox! Today is already day 6, amazing!

Shari - how was the WI?? I should know better - but I don't. I am greedy and want to be skinny yesterday! Also I had gained a few pounds so I'm not even at my end of January goal. Just 1 pound until I am there though!

Courtnie - good call on the warranty, you never know when you will need it. What time do you leave for work at? I get up at 6am to be at work for 8:30 - just so I have time to eat breakfast!

hsmom - the ups and downs of your grandfather have to be stressful - I don't know how you keep it all together. Amazing - I truly mean that! GL with the WI tomorrow - I am sending to skinny vibes!

Randee - Sorry to hear about your cramps! What a pain - literally! I am dreading getting mine - which is due to start in the next couple of days. I get SO crampy that I can barely get out of bed and I live on ibuprofen - extra strength! Try a hot water bottle - or a hot bath! Those always help me, and if you have some fish oil, those help me as well.

Well thats it from me for today - I am SO tired. Have a good night!

-Aimee

nharden1984
02-20-2008, 10:57 PM
Hey everyone...

Today I had a wonderful day. I went to my doctor this morning to ask her about the diet pill adipex (I really need the help to surpress my food intake) and to see if she would prescribe it to me. I've heard great things about it. I have a friend who used the medication, she wasn't really heavy probably 170 or 160, but her doc gave it to her anyways and she lost weight. And one of her friends use to be like 2 somethin and used it for a few months, and now weighs 130 something. I seen her friends pictures and I was like WOW.....

But anywho, my doctor kinda acted as if she didn't want to prescribe it to me, she wanted to give me a medication that stop the absorption of carbs in my system, but I was presistent and she finally broke and gave me the prescription. And told me to come back in two weeks to do a check up. As soon as I left her office I went to the pharmacy and had it filled and took my first pill today. And I must admit, its wonderful. I had energy and I stuck to my eating plan. No extra snacks in addition to what was on food plan. To be honest, I wasn't really hungry... But forced myself to eat. So hopefully this could be the start of something BEAUTIFUL!!!

hsmom - If you feel smaller and your pants are fittin looser then your doin something right. Even if it doesn't show on the scale, your losing inches and thats what gives us our figures! So thats all that really matters. I realize that it doesn't matter in the long run how much you weigh, because let's say you have a goal weight of 145 pounds or let's say you wanna wear at least a size 8, and you either reach your goal weight and realise that your a size 4and thats to small for you. But lets say you are almost to your goal weight (165 pounds) and you are at a size 8 and look FANTASTIC! My point being... Don't let the scale BRING you down especially if your not hittin the number(s) you wanna see. But good luck anyways.... Everything will work out.

-Nicole

JasonsLea
02-21-2008, 02:54 AM

I stayed the same this WI which is great since I was a bad girl all last week.

SwimGirl
02-21-2008, 03:29 PM
Shari - congrats on maintaining! Knowing how bad I can be... that IS good news!

So my halfway point of the detox was yesterday - I was WRONG! But I got on the scale this morning and was down another 2 pounds. Thats 4 pounds total! Not as good as I did last time I did a detox - I did 1-2 pounds a DAY then! And didn't regain it when I went off. So hopefully this pace continues, I am excited to see the 240's again!

-Aimee

sotypical
02-21-2008, 05:55 PM
yay Aimee! CONGRATS!

JasonsLea
02-22-2008, 03:34 AM
Aimee ~ CONGRATS!

SwimGirl
02-23-2008, 01:05 AM
Thanks gals!

So whats going on everyone?? How are we all doing?

It's starting to feel like spring over in my end of the world - so today I bought this little do-hickey (I have no other word for it!), it's supposed to break up the cellulite by increasing circulation. I thought - 15 bucks, hey why not! I didn't get the cream that goes with it though. If it's fabulous - I'll be sure to tell you all! Gotta have shorts ready legs, and maybe a flatter stomach for tank tops - and smaller arms too. Maybe everything smaller? heh. Just 3 more days left to my detox!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
02-23-2008, 02:32 AM
Aimee ~ You and your new do-hickeys! LOL

sotypical
02-23-2008, 03:35 PM
A do-hickey? well hope whatever it is that it works well! LOL

I have been really enjoying my walk away the pounds video (just finished a 45min one) - but I am feeling really bad for not using my rebounder. So I am trying to talk myself into going and using it, LOL. So far the shower is calling my name.... so tried!

I hate feeling like I wasted money on something like that :/ I do lots of exercise, but I feel like I should of never bought it if I am not going to use it.... I guess I have forever to use it though, it is not going to go anywhere, haha.

sotypical
02-23-2008, 03:48 PM
oh, and I was down 1 pound this week :)

SwimGirl
02-23-2008, 05:24 PM
Congrats on the weight loss Courtnie!! Tell me - what is a rebounder?? I exercised today too! Just 20 minutes - but I am going out shopping all afternoon, lots of walking!

I also weighed myself - no changes yet! But I am feeling alright about things - I really had hoped to be down 10 pounds this month, but life is full of challenges!

-Aimee

SwimGirl
02-24-2008, 01:06 AM
Honestly - can you tell? First is January 16th and the second Feb 23rd.

-Aimee

JasonsLea
02-24-2008, 05:45 AM
WTG Courtnie!

Aimee ~ Your tummy looks smaller.

purplecrush
02-24-2008, 12:04 PM
I agree Aimee, your tummy looks smaller!!! Good job! YAY on the 4 lbs!! :cheer:Thats wonderful! Maybe I should detox lol

Courtnie- good job on the 1 lb!!! Keep it up!:dancer:

After TOM I weighed in today and im down 2.4 lbs. Im changing my weigh in day to Saturdays, since thats what my mom is doing. Makes it easier when we have the same flex points at the same time lol :carrot:

SwimGirl
02-24-2008, 12:22 PM
Thanks!! I was a little shocked by the difference - there was only a 2 pound difference! Mostly though - I can't really believe my body looks like that!! In my mind I am a LOT smaller! Uhm - also that is a goal outfit - not something I'd wear out in public.. YET! heh.

Randee - you are losing fast enough that you don't need to do a detox! Altho I am really impressed with how much smaller my stomach is from this! Congrats on your 2.4 pounds!! You are doing SO good :)

So last night - I sort of broke the detox!! I am supposed to take pills with breakfast and dinner - but last night I was too sick to eat. I didn't have anything off plan, but I feel guilty for not taking those pills. I am done the detox tomorrow - so I think I'll just continue on. It's not like I went off the diet part!

-Aimee

SwimGirl
02-24-2008, 04:30 PM
Also I weighed this morning and am down another 2 pounds. I thought it would be my final WI on this detox cuz I kinda screwed up last night, but I'm going to continue! And I'm going to take it! hehe..

-Aimee

nharden1984
02-24-2008, 04:54 PM
Aimee - You can most definitely see a difference. Congrats on your new transforming body and detox!

Well, I weighed in today, and before I started phentremine I was 213 (because the 2 prior weeks before cycle, I was tearin up some food :D) which was this wed. that just passed. So today, which is gonna be my offical WI day, I stepped on the scale and was amazed to see that I am 202.5 pounds. Besides the fact that I've been eating healthy and every 3 hours to keep metabolism up, also working out doing weight training and cardio, I never expected to lose weight so quickly. And I'm not even sure to say if its water weight. I mean, I drink at least (6) 16.9oz bottles of water a day. But the phentremine has curbed my appetite quite a bit. I completely no longer crave sweets or am I hungry. Since I've been eating every 3 hours, my body lets me know when its about that time to eat again. I'm no longer clocking the hours to see when I should eat. So I'm really EXCITED!!! Yet afraid... I'm wondering whats gonna happen when I stop takin the pills. I hope my new healthy lifestyle should be everything I need to maintain my goal weight when I get there. I hope I don't have to consume less calories to keep my goal weight.

JasonsLea
02-25-2008, 04:13 AM
WOW! WTG Randee, Aimee, and Nhard!

Aimee ~ Maybe I should try this detox...

SwimGirl
02-25-2008, 10:28 AM
Shari - it's realllllllllly hard! It wasn't for me, but I have adopted that eating plan as a lifestyle. But you have to give up ALL sugar, ALL wheat, yeast, vinegar (salad dressings!), all tropical fruits, and then there are the pills, they are disgusting! I also quite regularly give up sugar and wheat - which also means no artificial sweeteners. I think it's great for everyone to do a detox - but you have to be mentally prepared because it's hard. My hardest moment was going out to dinner (unplanned!) and not being able to eat anything - ugh, I had to watch everyone eat and then go home and make food for myself. If you were to do it though, you'd likely lose a LOT more weight than I did! But make sure you do it on a week off from work because the first time always causes many trips to the washroom.

Wow, I dunno where all that came from! I am super tired and sick this morning - I went to bed fully dressed and with 3 feather duvets on me, and I still haven't managed to shake this fever. But off I go to work, because silly me thought I'd be fine today! Also - last day of detox, yay! I can't wait to drink ginger ale for my sore throat! Have a good Monday!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
02-26-2008, 01:21 AM
Aimee ~ I hope you feel better sweetie!

purplecrush
02-26-2008, 10:35 AM
:getwell:Aimee- I hope you feel better too! :getwell:

I had to weigh in today for a challenge im on at SP and im down 3.8 lbs! Im so glad TOM is gone!!!!

That gives me a total of 19.2 lbs since Jan 2!!!! :woohoo:

SwimGirl
02-26-2008, 12:47 PM
Shari - thanks! I totally am feeling better :) Sorry if I scared you off from doing a detox - there are smaller ones you can do that are really worth it. I chose this one based on the meal plan, it's how I would ideally eat all the time. Go to a health food store and get some advice from the people there - they are SO SO helpful!!

Randee - omg look at you go!! Congrats - thats an amazing loss!! Whats SP?

I woke up feeling SO much better this morning, my fever broke sometime in the night.. I can't even express how good that feels! 3 days of way too hot, and then way too cold, ick. I also went to bed at 8pm and got up at 8am, heh. So I am DONE the detox, I will WI in a little bit for my final weigh is - altho I would love to see the 240's, I dunno if it'll happen. Fingers crossed though! I can't believe I made it through 12 days, wow.

Thats all from me for now.. I will bbiab to post the WI results!

-Aimee

SwimGirl
02-26-2008, 03:07 PM
Oops! I forgot to come back and post my WI! I am.... *drum roll* ... 249!!! Wowsers!! I am SO happy to be back here! Phew - just 9 pounds to my lowest weight .. which I was last summer! I plan to go WAY below that though!

Josh took me out for breakfast - we are both too sick to cook. So I had an egg, hashbrowns, bacon and 1 slice of toast! Only the toast was off the detox diet, but I limited myself to just 1 - you know they always serve you 4!! Tomorrow I start counting calories - I'm giving myself a day of leeway.

Where IS everyone??

-Aimee

purplecrush
02-27-2008, 12:32 AM
Wahoo Aimee!!!! WTG!!!! Thats awesome!!

Im here!! I took my son to the eye dr today. He doesnt need glasses, which makes my daughter jealous because she does, but she looks oh-so-cute in her glasses!! Makes her look smart and OLD! Im waiting for her new ones to come in, they are adorable! She also needs a retainer. Which she doesnt want, but if she gets a retainer NOW she wont need full on braces LATER!! Besides, a retainer is cheaper LOL ...like a few thousand cheaper !!! So shes not a happy camper! I on the other hand, think she will be adorable lol

Ive been trying to drink more water. Its so hard when its freezing outside. Ive been slacking and my skin is letting me know! I love my skin when I stay hydrated, my skin is nice, clear, smooth and radiant. Now its not because I havent been drinking water. So thats a new daily goal..drinking WATER!!!

Hope everyone has a great night!

Also Aimee, I sent you a PM about SP lol

JasonsLea
02-27-2008, 03:59 AM
WTG Randee and Aimee!

Randee ~ Tell your lil girl that glasses make you look hot but smart at the same time so people will respect her!

Aimee ~ I was thinking of doing a fruit and green tea detox. I LOVE fruit and green tea! My only obstacle is eating at work! That's like my main and only problem diet wise right now!

So, I'm doing it again. Unconciously sabotaging myself. I'm back up to 250 again. :( That was all I could think about today, wondering how I can stop myself from doing that and WHY do I do it! 3FC sent me a sign once again! First thread i see when I log on, out of the blue, a YEAR old thread!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112971
I have alot of stuff to think about but I do feel a little better.

SwimGirl
02-27-2008, 04:51 PM
Shari - there is a lot of emotional stuff that has to do with why we gain weight - or I think it does. I haven't entirely figured all of my stuff out yet either. It's hard to deal with BOTH things, because losing weight on its own is hard enough. In the mean time I am allowing myself to be a little selfish when it comes to what I'm eating and not letting what others think/say to influence what I'm putting in my mouth. Another thing I've been doing is thinking about who I want to be - especially when it comes to compliments. I haven't been one who compliments other women, but I don't want to be that person! Phew - I wrote a little novel! I definitely do a LOT of thinking!

Randee - I got your msg! I have heard of SP - infact I might have joined, lol. I get emails from them. What about drinking tea? Thats water! Just make it a herbal tea. And no cream or sugar in it! Glasses are awesome! I wish I wore them - they can be so cute, and sexy.. but I don't think thats going to be a selling point for her! heh.

Yesterday was my first day off the detox! My lunch was on the detox plan, but last night I had fast food! It was kinda weird to eat it - and I am paying for it today. My stomach feels so unbalanced, I had my green smoothie and am starting to feel a little normal again. Phew - if that isn't reason enough to keep up the healthy eating I don't know what is!!

I also woke up to a flat tire! So I had to drive Josh to work and am taking the car in at 1:30pm. I hope this is a cheap fix, the last flat tire cost me 350 bucks.. so cross those fingers for me!

-Aimee

purplecrush
02-27-2008, 09:53 PM
Well I Madi's glasses came in!! They are so adorable! She actually likes them. They are dark purple and very chic!! There are alot of girls at school that wear them and they dont need them! They were fake glasses lol..I guess glasses are the "big" thing right now LOL go figure.

Aimee- Wishing for a cheap fix for you !! Ive never paid money for a flat tire. They always fix it for free, atleast where im at anyways. When I eat fast food, I feel sick to my stomach. I think its all that darn fat. Ive drank so much water today! I drank it all day at work. I do drink chamomille (sp) tea all the time..I love it!!

SwimGirl
02-27-2008, 11:36 PM
My flat tire was only 33 bucks!! Yay! So I can still get my hair cut and coloured on Friday - I will definitely take some pictures and post them!

Randee - Lucky girl! Everything costs twice as much as it should here in Vancouver - it's kind of obscene! Good job with the water - I have a hard time with it myself. I really do love coffee! heh.. if only that counted!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
02-28-2008, 02:54 AM
Randee ~ Happy she liked the glasses. Thank god you had the money to get her nice ones! My first ones where my mama's old ones from the eighties! Another reason I got teased alot in school!

Aimee ~ YAY for saving money!

purplecrush
02-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Yay on only being 33 bucks!!! I would love to see your new hair and color! I just got a new hairstyle and color but when I go to try to put pics on here, it wont let me for some reason! I love it! Nothing makes you feel more good about yourself than a good haircut , style and COLOR!!! I love coffee too, but I only allow myself to have Starbucks on Saturdays now..besides being Oh-So-Yummy, they are fattening and spendy!! Yeah, Im also glad that I could afford to get cute glasses for Madi! Kids are mean and I dont want her to get teased. Especially now that shes going to have glasses AND a retainer lol..but shes so adorable, im actually excited for her. Getting her teeth fixed now (which they are not crooked, she needs the retainer to push back her molars to make room for 12 year molars) they wont get crooked when the molars do come in. Also when shes a little older she can get contacts if she wants, although I adore the glasses. Madi is jealous because my son Cody doesnt need glasses(i just took him in to the eye dr too) and his teeth are perfect. So she keeps pouting saying it isnt fair lol...KIDS..they drive me crazy!! lol

Sorry for the story lol..

Have a wonderful day!! Its almost Friday!! YAY!! This Sat, im going to a lecture type series that the school district puts out..its like parenting classes. They are wonderful! Very informative. They serve Great Harvest Bread Company for bfast and Outback Steakhouse for lunch! Yum!

SwimGirl
02-28-2008, 01:08 PM
This morning I had to get up early and drive Josh to work - and instead of getting back into bed when I got home.. I made a healthy lunch and snack for work, did some dishes and exercised!! I figured since I only have a little cough I could exercise! I feel pretty good - and only 9am! I even planned my dinner and took everything out that I need.

Randee - glasses and a retainer do kind of suck - however it'll be SO worth it to do it NOW and not in highschool. I always have to downsize my pictures in order to put them on here, but before I knew how to do that I couldn't put anything on here either. I am going to take a before and after picture - and partly to show how long my hair is!

Shari - how are doing these days? You haven't been writing that much lately! You were saying you were having problems with your plan - how's that doing?

Well I am off to work! Have a good day!!

-Aimee

sotypical
02-28-2008, 05:23 PM
hey guys, guess I have kinda been missing! lol oops

JasonsLea
02-29-2008, 04:11 AM
Randee ~ Tell DD to be grateful it's only a retainer and she's getting them young. So when she won't have to be a 22 year old with a mouth full of braces.

Aimee ~ I'm still around. Just reading and trying to figure out what I'm going to do with myself. I really need to be alone to get my thoughts together but that is impossible here. So I'm looking for my own place. Glad you had a good morning.

Courtnie ~ Where have you been?

hsmomx2
02-29-2008, 12:46 PM
Shari- What are you struggle with on the plan? Do you follow flex or core?

Randee- Wow, girl you are rockin' this year in with that 19.2# loss already! My Dd doesn't like her glasses either. She can't wait to get different frames b/c we couldn't afford the ones she wanted when she first got them. We're pretty sure she'll be getting her braces a little bit after her birthday. She is 10. HOw old is your dd? How's the water going today?

Aimee- Do you take measurements? Your tummy is a good bit smaller. I'm glad the flat tire didn't cost you so much this time around.

Nicole- How are you! I took the generic for adipex and lost 30 pounds in 3 months, but gained it back and more. I got pregnant possible while I was on it. That was like 5 1/2 years ago. I thought about going back on it again but ww is working for me and I really want to do this myself. I figured the more I question myself why I want this of that or to pig out the better I'll be in touch with what feelings I'm trying to cover up.

hsmomx2
02-29-2008, 12:51 PM
Sorry, I haven't been on much it's been real heck and crazy. I've been helping tend to my grandfather on the weekends and even a day or two during the week. This weekend I plan on making myself get more sleep because it's really messing up my IBS and makes me sick on Mondays. The kids have had karate, church, and practices to go to. My house has fallen behind big time. I don't think I've posted my last two WI this week was 1.2 down and last week was 1.6 down. Not bad considering my eating has been better. I think what has helped me most is that I've manage to keep up my workouts.

I hope everyone has an op day & weekend.

hsmomx2
02-29-2008, 12:55 PM
Hey, I just noticed I'm 1/2 of the way to what I think my goal weigh should be. Cool beans! Oh, yeah I forgot to tell ya'll I got to buy two pair of size 14 pants this past week and guess what they fit! One of them is perfect the other one wouldn't hurt if I lost another 3-5 pounds for it. (but it still pulls up, zips up and buttons up.)

hsmomx2
02-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Dang and I chatty today or what? Okay, I've got to fix the kids and me something to eat for lunch. I hope everyone has a great day!

SwimGirl
02-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Shari - you are living with your family right? Its sometimes hard to grow with them watching - I find I learn more and do better when I'm out on my own. Can you afford a place on your own out there? I know here I couldn't afford to live alone - so so expensive!!

hsmom - I do take measurements - and there was 2 inches lost on my waist, and 1.5 inches lost on my hips! I'm doing Turbo Jam so I am going to be recording my weight loss, measurements and photos each month. So stay tuned for next month.. heh. You are at your halfway mark for your goal! I just noticed that! Congrats!!

Today I am cutting my hair, I am excited for that! My hair has been getting WAY too high maintenance lately, and it's been frizzy.. ick! And I'm going to exercise before that!

My goal for March is to exercise, eat within my calorie range and keep away from processed foods. We'll see how this turns out! In January I basically aimed for 5-10 fruits/veggies a day, and less processed foods - I lost 10 pounds! And then gained 3 pounds when I went away for 4 days :( And then Feb - the detox! I lost 9 pounds, yay! Now comes March! I am excited to see what will happen! BTW - I love to mix things up as you can see, I get bored easily and want to keep myself entertained and interested in this weight loss thing. Anyways, I dunno why I just wrote all of that down. Just wanted to get it out! I will be back later!

-Aimee

SwimGirl
02-29-2008, 01:25 PM
hsmom - you are too funny! Here I was writing my post while you were actually posting! I noticed your halfway point too...

-Aimee

purplecrush
02-29-2008, 01:36 PM
Aimee- Wow your rockin too! I like switching things up too! I easily get bored also, so im constantly doing different things. How do you change the picture sizes to put on here? Ive tried and tried, but have no idea how to do it.

hsmom- GOOD JOB on being 1/2 way to your goal size!! How wonderful for you!! My DD is 9. Her glasses are adorable (as I said before lol) Shes a gorgeous girl, and they make her look smart and sassy! Yeah, shes glad that she only gets a retainer and not braces.

Shari- If you need help with anything, just let us know! We can help you.

Come back and chat Courtnie and where is Rosario???

Offical weigh in is tomorrow and im so excited!

hsmomx2
02-29-2008, 01:54 PM
Randee & Aimee- Ya'll got me curious about my weight loss. Jan I lost 8.2# & Feb. I lost 7#.

Aimee- How do you like Turbo Jam? I saw it on tv a week or so ago and thought it looked like fun, but I'm not sure if I can keep up with it. I know your glad to lose those 3.5 inches.

Randee- Good luck at weigh in today!

Ro- Where are you girl?

Let's see my goals for March is going to be lose 9#, measure since I haven't done that since the beginning of year, and aim to have as many op days as I can for the month.

SwimGirl
02-29-2008, 02:56 PM
Randee - I used a mac, and use iphoto, so I can tell you how to do it in there. But other than that? I haven't used a PC in a while and have no idea really. Sorry :( I'm glad I'm not the only who likes to switch things up! I was telling this to a friend at work, and someone overheard me and told me I'd have more success if I wasn't doing fad diets. I was horrified!! 1, that he was listening, and 2, that he would even comment! The guy weighs 110 pounds soaking wet, he has no idea about weight loss. Ugh, jerk! I think if you don't try a lot of different things how are you going to know what works for you! Like, if I hadn't done this detox, I wouldn't know that bread/pasta make me look bloated and that milk makes me feel like I have a stuffy head. Phew, end rant there.. heh.

hsmom - aim high!! I am aiming for 10 pounds a month. And I weigh at the end of each month - and post a gain if it happens on that day. I will definitely see a little gain on sunday (the day I'll WI for my beginning of march goal), TOM is here, and will post whatever weight I am. Posting the gains has definitely been painful, but I want to keep myself accountable and not just overlook a 1-2 pound gain. Or in this case, my scale is up 3 pounds!

I am very much enjoying my day off :) I got up - drove the bf to work, read stuff online for a while, did a workout, and am now having my breakfast smoothie. Soon I'll go do my hair for some before pictures of my hair, heh. I am a little obsessed with pictures if you can't tell!

-Aimee

SwimGirl
02-29-2008, 02:57 PM
Oh, and I'm down a total of 15 pounds since January! As of the last WI! I changed my starting weight to reflect starting in January. I don't remember being 279 - it was YEARS ago..so it was a silly starting weight!

-Aimee

hsmomx2
03-01-2008, 01:11 AM
Aimee-Awesome job on your 15# total loss so far for this year. Isn't it funny how all the toothpick people want to put in there two cent? Can't they just turn side ways it would be great to miss them even better not to hear them. How did the new do turn out? Where's the pixs? It's funny you told me to aim high. I really wanted my goal to be 10 pounds for this March, but I know when I go to the dr. and they adjust my thyroid meds my weight loss will slow down for the first 3 weeks or so. At least that's what's happen the last 2 times. So far since starting ww in October I haven't had a gain. I hope it stays that way for a long time.

hsmomx2
03-01-2008, 01:11 AM
Aimee- How did the rest of your day off go?

hsmomx2
03-01-2008, 01:13 AM
I hope everyone has a great weekend!

JasonsLea
03-01-2008, 09:25 PM

HS ~ You're a little chatterbox today, aren't ya? :lol: I try to follow WW Flex but it's basically impossible living with my family.

Randee ~ How was the WI?

Ro ~ WHERE ARE YOU?! :(

Aimee ~ WTG! :carrot:

*sigh* I have no willpower.:( I can't resist overeating in this house! I'm weak.:mad: This is a complete cop-out but I'm done fighting myself over food until I get my own place. I'm done weighing myself until I get my own place. BUT I will start getting into a workout routine again. My goals this month will be purely aerobic. :woops:

purplecrush
03-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Hey all! My weigh in was great! 5.6 lbs!! Now, that does include the 2 lbs I told ya'll about then the 3..I was just adding them up!! LOL..I know cheating..but whatever! I did it and im excited!!

Also...

Im exactly 20 lbs lighter!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hit the big 20 mark!!!! It feels great to have a significate amount lost!!

SO im tired..I'll try to get on a little later!

SwimGirl
03-02-2008, 06:09 AM
I had a good day today! When I got home I went to my neighbours, did her makeup, her hair, and then did her friends makeup as well. I stayed at their party until 2am!! It's kinda of obscene! The girls were just SO different from what I normally hang out with - makes me thankful for the women in my life! And I cannot lie - I've had far too much to drink. Lots of exercising for me tomorrow!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
03-03-2008, 05:11 AM
Randee ~ WHAT are you doing?! I need to know cause you are kicking some major ***! WTG!

purplecrush
03-03-2008, 10:41 AM
Shari- LOL Im just doing WW hun!! Honestly! Just sticking to my points. Also drinking water..but thats it. I really NEED to exercise, I just cant get myself to do anything!

For breakfast I usually drink a Royal chocolate slim fast with ice, blend it so it tastes like a milkshake..its so good.

Lunch is usually a sandwich, Im into bagel sandwiches right now!

Dinner is usually something normal, that I make for my family, I just use porton control.

I eat a few snacks a day and im good to go!

But thats it!! Easy right? You CAN do it!!!

OH btw, I figured out how to make pics smaller, so I put up a pic of my new hair cut! I love it....SIMPLE and fast!!

Make it a great day ladies!!!

SwimGirl
03-03-2008, 03:00 PM
Shari - I'm sorry you are having a rough go of things! Do you like apples? I would say if you are going to do ANY diet goals? Try having 1 apple a day! They are so good for you, and if you eat it about 30 minutes before dinner (or any meal) it'll help you eat a little less!

Randee - wait until you see the pictures of my hair cut.. its about the same length and possibly the same colour! heh. You are really rocking on the diet front, when it clicks it really does feel easy doesn't it! Mine is NOT clicking - yesterday was a complete write off! I was so ill from all the drinking I did - it was bad!

I am having issues getting back on plan - ugh, and the other day I had a salad for lunch and it made me feel SO sick! Thats happened to me before, salads just don't do well with me as the whole meal. So I gotta get creative with my meals, and clean my kitchen, Maybe it'll help with some cooking motivation! I'm gonna go post my before hair pics, and after.. heh.

-Aimee

SwimGirl
03-03-2008, 03:02 PM
Alrighty! Here they are! Hehe - I am so addicted to pictures!

SwimGirl
03-03-2008, 04:20 PM
Randee - also congrats on the 20 pounds!!! I forgot to write that earlier :)

-Aimee

sotypical
03-03-2008, 05:03 PM
WOW I MISSED SO MUCH! OMG

Okay, first of all CONGRATS AIMEE AND RANDEE!! WOOOO!!!

Aimee your hair looks great!

So let's up date, I lost no week last week and this weekend was HORRIBLE. I think Friday wasn't too bad - but then it just got worse from there. I ment to be good and had full intentions but it is funny how when **** happens you don't care what you eat.

It was a HORRIBLE week and it is only going to drag on into the coming weeks. I don't want to post about it here, I don't want the world know what happened, but lets just say it is really bad - though it didn't happen to me, just within my immediate family and it will effect me and my family greatly. Hopefully we can deal with this and everything will be okay in the end.

And then to top it off my brand new $400 (well 6 months) cell phone went through the washing machine... yes.... I am beyond pissed, though i guess it was not the worst thing that happened this weekend. Though now I am phone less and surly can't afforded a new one - guess I had to go back to the phone I hate with a passion, I would almost rather not have a phone then go back to that!

Anyway, back to my horrible weekend.

Saturday I made some cookies and went for dinner - though I picked one of the lower calorie things on the menu. Other then that I didnt really eat much.

Yesterday I had subway and chips and kraft dinner - could of been worse I guess? I dunno.

I stopped taking those pills, i only had a couple days left - I was pissed I didnt lose weight last week and after finding my cell phone in the wash I decided I had more important things to spend money on then $80 in pills every months.

Anyway, sorry for the rant.

hope everyone is having a good monday.

Rosario
03-03-2008, 07:33 PM
Hello!!!

I've been out of the loop far too long!! Now I'm back a couple of pounds heavier. Grrr!!! I've come to the realization that I'm not superwoman, so I've decided to fight my battles one at a time.

I'm tackling the exercise aspect first. Food is just a really hard subject for me. And I have this strange mentality that if I eat a bad meal I might as well throw the day away and continue to eat badly. Aaand....I won't work out either because, hey, I already blew the day.

Soooo, I figure if I at least workout then maybe it might sink in not too eat badly because then what's the point of working out? They kind of cancel each other out.

So from now on it will be my number one goal to workout and I know my eating will fall into place. I've already done a 30 min. BL workout so I feel like I'm starting off great!

So now that I got all of that off my chest.....

courtnie - stay strong and you will prevail!! I hope you get through this rough time. Cell phones suck!!! I broke my bf's sidekick last year (in the heat of passion) and we had insurance on it and still had to pay $100 deductible. If i had it my way, I'd carry two paper cups on a string!

aimee and randy - you guys sure do rock the short hair!! I wish I could pull it off but seeing as my face and head are kind of big and my hair is a curly, fried mess, I'm thinking short hair isn't the way to go.

aimee - get back on plan!!! you can do it! you've been doing awesomely and you're my hero!!

randee - You're awesome!! You've got an amazing loss so far. Keep on keepin' on!!

shari - come on shari!!! you can do it. You've done it before and I know you got it in you. Just forget about everything else and concentrate on one thing. Everything else will fall into it's place.

hsmomx2 - wow, you've been doing great even during this difficult time with your grandfather. You pretty much just put me to shame :). Stay strong girlie!!

Well, I think that makes up for two weeks of not posting. I'll be back daily and since I'm getting the internet at my house soon, I'll probably be here 24/7. That should put me in my place!!

Take care gals and chat with ya'll later!

SwimGirl
03-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Wow! Two huge posts in a row.. I'm kind of impressed!

Courtnie - this is forever, so a bad day here and there isn't going to kill you. But with that said - you need to recover quickly and get right back at it! Sorry to hear about your cell phone! And you know where I am if you need to talk!

Rosario - thanks! But I gotta tell you, I don't know if I deserve that title! After 2 bad days I am up 2 pounds! I seem to lose, and then gain a few pounds, and then lose them and a few more.. and gain a couple. It's a bad bad cycle! I think you've got a great head on your shoulders! Sounds like you've got a plan of attack. We do need to work on the all or nothing thoughts! I used to think the same way, but every meal, every day gives you a new opportunity to get healthy. And when the heck does the new season of The Hills start anyways?!?!

I really gotta go exercise and be somewhat productive! I will bbl!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
03-04-2008, 04:09 AM
:wave: everyone! SO happy to see ALL my online sisters! :grouphug:

Randee ~ So simple....I KNOW all this.....that's what makes it even worse! :mad::p Your haircut is looking awesome!

Aimee ~ I would cut someone over a Granny Smith apple! Love em! Right now, for some reason, my fruit obsession is oranges.....mainly the ones from my job. They're sweet, juicy, and easy to peel.:drool: I hoard them everytime we serve 'em (today I came home with about 11). How come you never smile in your pics!?

Courtnie ~ :hug: :hug: :hug: I agree with what Aimee said.

Ro ~ I'm SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU! You BETTER stick around this time! :club: We're both focusing on exercise and have that same 'I already ate this, might as well throw the whole day away' mentality! We can beat it! :boxing:

So I went to the gym and actually worked out for the first time in.....a long time. I got kinda pissed cause I was only able to do 25 mins and I STRUGGLED through that! It was only a few months ago, I could do 1 - 2 hours and wanted more! *sigh* But I will build up my endurance again and this time, I WILL NOT let it falter! :strong:

sotypical
03-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Ro - glad to see you back! WTG on the exercise!! :)

Aimee + Shari - I know I know, I am feeling better; things are still going to be hard for a bit but we will see how it goes. I didn't exercise this morning, my eating is OK - it is not super healthy, but it well within my calorie limit - I am just going to take a bit of break, sleeping in is nice and have some extra time in the morning with my boyfriend. Probably tomorrow or Thursday I will get back on the exercising... as long as I don't enjoy the sleeping in TOO much. lol

I switch bad to old cell phone *puke* in hopes that I can resist touching mine for a good week or two. I hope it will dry out. I did notice there is the red water dot on the battery but the one in the phone is still white (no idea how!) - anyway the cell phone company actually told me to try a new battery, if it works great - if not send it away under warranty, if the dot isn't red how do they know it got wet? LOL so sneaky! It is still under warranty until the end of August! woo - I wouldn't have to pay a ductable because it's not insurance. :)

I am supposed to be working on the side for this girl, argh - I just don't have the engery for it the last couple days.

SwimGirl
03-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Good Morning!

Shari - you are back! Posting in colour! Thats the girl I remember! Fruit is so good for you, so keep that up! You will regain your stamina soon, it takes time, so be patient with yourself! I don't smile in pictures because I look super cheesy and I have chubby cheeks, so I look really fat too.

Courtnie - I hope the cell phone thing works out for you! I have the worlds most crappy phone, but I only care that it rings and is a flip phone, heh. So easy to please.

I exercised for 45 minutes yesterday - Turbo Jam Cardio Party - it was good, a little hard, but I haven't been exercising lately so I kind of expected it. I also stayed WELL within my calorie range, 1 down, many more to come! I better go do a little exercise before I gotta head to work!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
03-05-2008, 07:46 AM
Courtnie ~ I hope the cellie is fixable. I'm in serious need of a new cell but it will have to wait till I secure my dream place.

Aimee ~ Awww, I have a cheesy smile too!

SwimGirl
03-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Shari - cheesy smiles suck at times! I look goofy I think when I smile - others might not agree. One day I'll post a picture of me smiling, heh. One day! How's the exercising thing going?

I am going to exercise again today - that'll be 3 days in a row! Then I am taking 2 days off and will begin the new "week" of Turbo Jam! I cannot wait until I've done the 4 weeks and maybe I'll start feeling good! My body is really sore.. and exercise is the last thing on my mind right now. But I WILL do this! Wish me luck!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
03-06-2008, 02:15 AM
Aimee ~ I feel the same way about my smile. I'm starting to smile more though cause my face looks angry when I don't and people keep complimenting me on my smile. Still don't see the appeal but whatever. :dunno:

GOOD LUCK! :goodvibes

SwimGirl
03-06-2008, 02:57 AM
I exercised! Thank goodness! I went to call Josh and he was cranky and hasn't spoken to me all night - except to ask me to drive him to work. I said I couldn't. How rude of me! Something is going on for him and he won't let me in, kind of frustrating.

Shari - I smile pretty much all the time at work and when I'm out, it's just pictures I don't. Weird huh! I think I smile with my eyes more than the rest of my face. So are you saving for a place to move? Are you going to live alone or try and find some roommates?

Well, I'm gonna go snuggle up on the couch and try and get some sleep. I just cannot sleep with Josh knowing something is up. Ugh - this is why people stay single forever! Darn you relationships!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
03-06-2008, 05:13 AM
Aimee ~ I've already found a place. It's not 'officially' mine, but I'm calling it mine! I've seriously fallen in love and I will give anyone a beatdown who even tries to get that place! I'm going to be living alone, just the way I want it. Trying to make arrangements for my mama to see it before I leave for Bama tomorrow. When I put the deposit down and it's 'officially' mine, i'll let yall know all about it!

Sorry about Josh. Don't know much about men and relationships so can't give any advice. :hug:

sotypical
03-06-2008, 07:25 PM
Congrats Aimee on all the exercise! Wish I could get off my butt and do some! Sorry about you and josh, hope you two worked it out.

SwimGirl
03-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Shari - I'm so happy to hear you found a place, it's definitely been hard on you! I'll fly down and beat someone up if they try and take your place as well ;) heh.

Courtnie - I am aiming for 5 times a week - today I'm supposed to exercise but I'm soooo tired. I woke up at 7:45am and wanted to sleep more, but we have to go help Josh's parents move today. Apparently they are taking 3 weekends to move?? So weird! I thought they'd packed up their house, but I suspect they haven't done much at all. Last weekend Josh and his step brother went out there to help clean our the garage, but his mom changed her mind.. I suspect she didn't want everyone to see how much stuff they've been keeping.

So thats my day! Helping Josh's parents move! Plus we are picking up his step brother and his girlfriend, which means I can't even run errands on the way there and back. And I have to go to the bank like last week. I just have a feeling it's going to be a total waste and we won't end up doing much, and then I'll be too tired to do anything else. Also I'm cranky today. Josh and I are sort of getting along better, he's talking now, which is good. But he keeps laying into me on things I do by accident, yesterday I hit a bump too fast. And then last night I said I didn't want to spend the entire day helping his parents move, and he told me they were offended by that (but he never even told them I said that!!), and at dinner (at a restaurant) he said he didn't want to go grocery shopping after eating. I said I wasn't surprised and he snapped back with saying he wasn't feeling well. It's just one of those months where everything I say/do is wrong. Hopefully next month is better!

Sorry for the little rant there. Just needed to get that off my chest.

-Aimee

Rosario
03-11-2008, 12:26 PM
aimee - boys suck!! the hills is supposed to be on pretty soon. All that talk about the show being very scripted kind of turned me off of it for awhile. I still like it purely for its entertainment value. But I am sick of seeing Heidi and spencer all over US Weekly. they need to disappear already.

shari - so how'd it go with your place?

I still haven't recovered from this weekend. My sleep is all out of whack and I am EXHAUSTED!!! I haven't exercised since the last time I posted. But dang, something's gotta give and soon....my 26th b-day is coming up in a little less than 6 weeks. Ay carumba!!! I will not be in the 240's for my bday!!! :mad:

mkreutzer
03-11-2008, 12:38 PM
I really want to join this. My progress so far is 15lbs. I started out at 230 nearly 4 weeks ago. Today was the day I stepped on the scale and was down 15lbs!!! I love it, I cant wait until I lose more!

Rosario
03-11-2008, 04:41 PM
mkreutzer - join us!!!!! 15lbs in four weeks is an awesome loss!!! way to go!! What are you doing??

purplecrush
03-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Hey all! Sorry I havent been around. Ive had a crazy week!! Been kinda slacking a little. Havent been eating badly, just not writing down what Im eating and therefore, probably overeating! UGH! So today Im back on that damn wagon! Did 30 mins of aerobic stairstepping! It feels great but my legs hurt lol. I worked out watching The Biggest Loser I tivo'd lol It gives me such motivation! Anyhoo...

So on Sunday, Cody (my 11 year old son) decided to try to cut open his already deflated valentines day balloon...with my flippin chefs knife! He proceeds to cut his finger about a inch long and deep enough where he cut his artery and a nerve! So hes bleeding like crazy and he comes into my craft room and says that hes bleeding, shakes his hand and the blood goes everywhere. He runs out and I tell him that he needs to come clean it up. He ignores me and I yell and ask what that was that he shook all over. He then tell me its blood. (Ok, you have to understand , they are ALWAYS telling me they cut themselves, while pouring ketchup all over, or red paint...get the pic? They are always tricking me lol) So then I look at his finger after realizing they arent tricking me and I start freaking out because there is SOOOOOO much blood! I rush him to the ER (while hes telling me he just needs a bandaid lol) Hes had stitches before. After waiting 3 hours , he finally gets 4 stitches in his finger. Poor guy.

SO ive been dealing with a cranky son that thinks he can still play football at recess (which he cant) Luckily tonight is soccer practice and he can just hold his hand up LOL

Alright, sorry about the book!

Hope everyone is doing fabulous!

purplecrush
03-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Ok, someone posted this on another group im on and its something to think about!!!

SO HOW MUCH WEIGHT HAVE YOU LOST???

1 pound = a Guinea Pig
1.5 pounds = a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts
2 pounds = a rack of baby back ribs
3 pounds = an average human brain
4 pounds = an ostrich egg
5 pounds = a Chihuahua
6 pounds = a human’s skin
7.5 pounds = an average newborn
8 pounds = a human head
10 pounds= chemical additives an American consumes each year
11 pounds = an average housecat
12 pounds = a Bald Eagle
15 pounds = 10 dozen large eggs
16 pounds = a sperm whale’s brain
20 pounds = an automobile tire
23 pounds = amount of pizza an average American eats in a year
24 pounds = a 3-gallon tub of super premium ice cream
25 pounds = an average 2 year old
30 pounds = amount of cheese an average American eats in a year
33 pounds = a cinder block
36 pounds = a mid-size microwave
40 pounds = a 5-gallon bottle of water or an average human leg
44 pounds = an elephant’s heart
50 pounds = a small bale of hay
55 pounds = a 5000 BTU air conditioner
60 pounds = an elephant’s penis (yep, weights more than his heart!)
66 pounds = fats and oils an average American eats in a year
70 pounds = an Irish Setter
77 pounds = a gold brick
80 pounds = the World’s Largest Ball of Tape
90 pounds = a newborn calf
100 pounds = a 2 month old horse
111 pounds = red meat an average American eats in a year
117 pounds = an average fashion model (and she’s 5’11”)
118 pounds = the complete Encyclopedia Britannica
120 pounds = amount of trash you throw away in a month
130 pounds = a newborn giraffe
138 pounds = potatoes an average American eats in a year
140 pounds = refined sugar an average American eats in a year
144 pounds = an average adult woman (and she’s 5’4”)
150 pounds = the complete Oxford English Dictionary
187 pounds = an average adult man
200 pounds = 2 Bloodhounds
235 pounds = Arnold Schwarzenegger
300 pounds = an average football lineman
400 pounds = a Welsh pony"

LOL ive lost a automobile tire and a guinea pig!!

What a "weigh" to think about it eh?

SwimGirl
03-12-2008, 02:15 PM
Randee - very cute! Yikes! Sorry to hear about Cody - thats very freaky! I can't handle blood so well, if Josh and I have a kid, it better be a girl... definitely more my speed!

Rosario - I totally don't care if the hills is fake - lol - if its fake even better! Too much drama for someone's life. You gotta sleep! It's so important to everything - whats going on that its all out of whack?

mkreutzer - welcome! Congrats on the 15 pounds :)

So confession time! I have been SO SO off track it's not funny. My scale is definitely up - not too sure how much, don't even WANT to know actually. Which is so unlike me! I'm stressed with some work stuff, and it's really taking a toll on me. Yesterday I made the decision that I'm not going to count calories just yet, I'm going to drink my green smoothies for breakfast and exercise - but thats it for now. It went alright yesterday, I was starving and ate more smaller meals, lately I've been doing 2 big meals and no snacks! :( So bad. Thats where I'm at!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
03-13-2008, 04:07 AM

GOOD TO SEE YOU RO!

Welcome mkreutzer!

Randee ~ I think I would have disowned my kid for scaring me like that! LOL glad he's okay, though.

Aimee ~ Boys are stupid, just stupid. I'm kinda outta whack too.

Yall read my blog to see what's happened lately!

SwimGirl
03-13-2008, 05:02 PM
Hey Gals! Not much going on in my end of the world today - I have another day off, a much needed day off! Yesterday we spent the afternoon helping Josh's parents move and then went out for a really unhealthy dinner. But I figure I probably burned all the calories I consumed by going up and down 4 flights of stairs like 20 times!

Shari - I read your blog - a flat tire! I'd kind of freak out about that! Congrats on the trip! Travelling the world is a great idea - and now you can research the cheapest ways!

-Aimee

SwimGirl
03-14-2008, 03:10 AM
I'm the exercise queen today! I did 45 minute turbo sculpt, 20 minute ab jam and my neighbour begged me to go swimming, so we went swimming for 45 minutes. It was fun though! I cannot believe how tired I am though.. I forgot how hungry I get after swimming, not entirely sure why.. it's always been that way for me. Weird! Hope everyone had a good day - I know I did horrible for food! heh.. tomorrow is another day..

-Aimee

purplecrush
03-14-2008, 11:49 AM
woo hoo Aimee good for you!! You ARE the exercise queen!! Im proud of you!

I did my stair stepper for 30+ mins 3 days in a row! I cant belive it, im sore as heck, but when I do it, it helps not be so sore.

Ill be back later to catch up, gotta go work out now that im thinking about it!

JasonsLea
03-15-2008, 06:24 AM
WTG Randee and Aimee!

SwimGirl
03-15-2008, 10:22 AM
Randee - congrats on the exercise :)

I did 45 minutes Cardio Party from Turbo Jam last night, and I am soooo sore! My inner thighs hate me! I got up a little earlier this morning to have a hot shower in hopes that I won't be too sore tonight to exercise. I'm following Turbo Jam's beginners 4 week workout plan, Sunday is my rest day. Well I am off to work! Have a good day!

-Aimee

purplecrush
03-15-2008, 02:34 PM
How do you like Turbo Jam? I saw a few infomercials but I dont know if I would like it or not. Of course it looks fun and easy, but thats usually not the case lol

Good job on working out!!

SwimGirl
03-15-2008, 10:43 PM
Randee - I love it! It's fun and "easy" - meaning it's definitely a workout and you sweat A LOT at first, the workout itself takes time to learn, and I still sometimes mess up, but I love the music, and her energy! It was totally worth the investment on my part - its actually a workout I'll do at home.

I had a green smoothie for breakfast - I have skipped the last 2 days, ugh :( But I did it today! Thats my diet goal for now.

-Aimee

JasonsLea
03-16-2008, 02:57 AM
My mama saw that apartment I fell in love with and she liked! I'll know by Tuesday whether or not it's going to be mine.

Aimee ~ What's a green smoothie?

SwimGirl
03-16-2008, 03:15 PM
Shari - woohoo! I am excited for you!! It will go well, cuz it's meant to be :) To make a green smoothie you have two fruits (my fav is banana and apple) with 1/2 cup of juice and the water to cover the fruit, blend this up, and then add 1 tablespoon of fresh ground up flax seeds (a coffee grinder works well - thats what I use) and then 2 cups of greens, like spinach or mixed greens, or kale, stuff like that. You blend it all up and drink! It's 5 servings of fruits/veggies! Good way to start the day, but you can have them at any time, you just can't eat anything for 20 minutes after having it.

Last night I did 40 minutes of Turbo Jam - today is a much needed day off! I am sooooo tired, Josh went to some party last night and woke me up when he came home, and then he watched tv, and then when he came to bed he woke me up, and then he was snoring! OMG - interrupted sleep is sometimes worse than no sleep! Why didn't I go to the party you ask? His friend didn't invite me. Poopy guys.

-Aimee

JasonsLea
03-17-2008, 06:20 AM
Oooooo, Aimee! that smoothie sounds SO good! I think I might make one when I move into my place! Like I said before, boys are so stupid!

SwimGirl
03-17-2008, 10:21 AM
Alright - I need a vacation, starting this minute. I could barely get out of bed this morning! I get to sleep in tomorrow, it's much needed! I am excited about 1 thing though! Josh has been super tired, and snoring like nothing else, well I remembered a trick my aunt showed me, basically putting kleenex in your ears as makeshift ear plugs (which I normally can't stand), anyways, it worked! And I managed to sleep that way. Normally one of us has to sleep on the couch.

Shari - it is pretty good! Very healthy! So I always see you posting at 12am to 2am my time - what time is it there when you are posting?

I am off to wake up and go to work! Have a good day!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
03-17-2008, 12:30 PM
Aimee ~ I'm about two hours behind you, so if you saw me posting around 2 am, it was 4 am here. Insomia is a *****. :dizzy: Glad you got some sleep. I'm off tomorrow so I could sleep in if I wanted but I have errands to run.:running:

I stepped on the scale today.....bad bad bad! Major wake up call. This may sound stupid but I never really thought I could get above 255. Seriously. I've never been no matter how much I've slacked. But I am now. 257.6 :yikes: *breathe* That hurts to type. My fingers are burning! :hot:

Okay, okay I have a plan of course. When have I ever been without a plan, huh? :cool: Everything's cool. I just need to get back in the groove of things. I brought most of my clothes back from Bama so hopefully one of these bags has my swimsuit in it. :crossed: If so, I can start back with water aerobics and my exercise will be set. :swim: As for eating, I've decided to try a bit of intuitive eating, along with limited sweets and no fast food. I really need to get in check with my body and my mind, ya know?

hsmomx2
03-18-2008, 08:26 AM
Ro- I hope your okay in NOrcross

I can't get on much. Our family can't stay at our house. Tornado came down our street. We are all alive. The important thing! House in bad shape lots of water damage. Please be in prayer for our family. We are having insurance problems, Easter is coming up and ds bday is the 25th. Kids are having a hard time with.

Rosario
03-18-2008, 12:45 PM
hsmomx2 - yikes!!! :hug: glad you and your family are ok. hope everything works out with the insurance and your house. I will def have you in my prayers. We're ok. We're about 20 min from where a tornado did hit in downtown so thank god for that. We just had a lot of thunder and lightning.

shari- hopefully you got the wake-up call that you needed. I'm still waiting for mine.

aimee - oh gosh Im embarrassed...its usually me snoring keeping my bf up. lol hes always waking me up throughout the night saying "hey your snoring too loud, turn over" lol it's too funny. I always tell him that I'll go sleep in the living room so he can get some sleep but he says no. He can't sleep when Im not in bed with him. I think it's cause I keep him warm.

SwimGirl
03-18-2008, 02:09 PM
hsmom - oh my goodness!! I'm sorry to hear about whats going on for you :( I'm VERY glad to hear you and your family are okay, and I hope that insurance stuff gets easier and you can get back to normal.

Shari - you are definitely sounding like yourself again :) I was curious why you were up so late - I've never experienced insomnia, but it sounds unpleasant! I always swore I'd never weigh more than 230, and here I am at 255, it definitely depressing! But it can get you motivated! I am getting motivated to eat veggies - I am craving eating right (but thanks to cut back in hours at work I am broke until Friday).

Rosario - Good to see you! Glad to hear you are alright as well! Last night I was SO tired I slept thru any of Josh's snoring, heh. When I get super tired I talk in my sleep, so fair's fair. I might buy some ear plugs because I loooooove my bed!

I better go workout! I am working tonight and then have tomorrow off :)

-Aimee

purplecrush
03-19-2008, 01:26 AM
Hey girlies! Ive been feeling under the weather the last 2 days. Its kicking my butt! I hate being sick...its no fun. My head is throbbing, my nose is plugged and my throat hurts..UGH.. I hate this!!

hsmom- sorry to hear about your house! I will keep you in my prayers. Im glad that you guys are alright though!

So I need to lose .8 to get my easter goal...pfft .8!!!

SwimGirl
03-19-2008, 03:41 AM
Randee - I'd kill to be you! I've been exercising like nothing else, and my eating has been... okay, but I haven't been losing. So congrats! When is your next WI?

I exercised today, 45 minutes worth. And tomorrow I WILL be eating more veggies. I want to push for 1600 calories a day with tons of fruits and veggies and exercise, wish me luck!! I think I need it!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
03-19-2008, 05:58 AM
HS ~ :hug: and prayers for you and your family. I'm glad you are all okay.

Ro ~ What's up gal?

Randee ~ You OWN that .8! It's in the bag! :carrot:

Aimee ~ Insomia sucks. Seriously. I know I will be able to tame it when I get my own place. Right now I can only have peace and quiet REALLY late at night but that will change when I move.

Okay, I can't find my swimsuit. Crap. So I have to wait to start water aerobics till I get another. And it might be a minute cause I'm cheap and I REFUSE to pay alot of money for a swimsuit in my current size that I will be ONLY using for the gym.

SwimGirl
03-19-2008, 04:11 PM
Shari - I got my swimsuit at Walmart and Winners, the bottoms were 5 bucks and the top was on sale for like 15! I think thats pretty cheap, I also feel slimmer in a tankini - go figure! When I was younger we lived with another family, there was 7 teenagers, 3 adults, 3 cats and 2 dogs! Oh my! It was kind of packed, I did get my own room, I was one of the few lucky ones!

So I don't know when I'm going to change my ticker or my current weight, I am enjoying living in denial right now. I am up to 255, I am SO tired of seeing 250's! I just want to see the 240's to STAY! For a little while anyways!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
03-20-2008, 01:16 AM
Aimee ~ Even that is too expensive for me! Like I said, it will be just for water aerobics. They have swimsuits at walmart for $16+ but that's too much for me. My limit is $12 cause that's what I paid for my other swimsuit.

JasonsLea
03-20-2008, 01:19 AM
BTW, today is my mama's birthday! WOOOT!

:bday2you::celebrate::woo::bday2you:

SwimGirl
03-20-2008, 01:58 AM
Shari - happy bday to your mom! 12 bucks for a bathingsuit? Wow! I thought mine was like dirt cheap! My friend got a new one - 100 bucks! I am prepared to pay for a good bathing suit, esp for the summer! Funny story on the bathing suit thing, heh.. I had to replace my old ones because they kept falling off! It wasn't because I lost weight, the elastic broke in them, heh.. embarrassing!!

I did really good for exercise today, but ugh, its that stupid food thing still! I had a great breakfast, realllly good lunch, but for dinner I caved and we had sushi for dinner, it was sooo salty! Tomorrow is another day! I am getting up at 4am to drive Josh to work, and then get to come home and try and sleep for an hour before I gotta get up for work.. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow. At all! Anyways, off to bed I go!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
03-20-2008, 02:41 AM
Aimee ~ I got it off Ebay. Nothing special, that one was just for water aerobics too. If I decide to buy a swimsuit for summer, I'm definitely waiting till actual summer to get it. You never know, **** might freeze over and I'll be a few sizes smaller! :dizzy: :p

My water was on spot today but the eating was HORRIBLE! BUT at least this time, I actually acknowledged that I was full.....even though I ate till I felt sick anyway. That's a start.

I'm off to bed!

JasonsLea
03-21-2008, 04:26 AM
Today was MUCH better eating wise, I stopped when I was full, even pouring out an almost full bottle of Diet Pepsi! :carrot: I also got these cool SkullCandy earbuds (the first to ever fit in my ear and stay!) and my digital camera!

http://ai.pricegrabber.com/pi/6/21/68/62168108_160.jpg

Despite the fact that it's white :barf:, it's still pretty cool looking, small and neat. Now, I just need to recieve my MP3 and I'll be set! :cool: