Support Groups - Weight Loss and Chitchat #284

View Full Version : Weight Loss and Chitchat #284

Jane
01-11-2008, 11:03 AM
Hello and :welcome: to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. :gossip: So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome. :yes:

Jane
01-11-2008, 11:17 AM
Hi ladies,

Sue- my life isn't very exciting, either, and I have to say I kind of like it this way. :lol: I've been having fun planning the Disney trip, and the wedding, though.

Sassy - hmmm, you're awfully quiet, missy. Are you ok?

Ellen - will the city pay for the new rim? I'll have to check out Chris Mooney's work.

Shop - would you want to share your first name? If not, that's totally understandable. Well, now we're all curious where you might get located.

Mindee - wow, you're doing great with the exercise, girl!

Marti - hope your computer is being more cooperative today.

Hello to Tammy, Angie, Mary Kate, Cristina, Jules, and anybody else reading this.

I've got to do some cleaning today since I've been slacking off so much in that department. :dizzy: If you remember, I was supposed to start my winter cleaning, but haven't done a thing so far. It's so much more fun to plan a wedding and think about our trip to Walt Disney World, lol.

Toodles for now,

suetalks
01-11-2008, 11:22 AM
Good morning...A gray, dreary one here. And cold again. I am off to Wally World in a few minutes and then to CVS for Mom's medicine. I need to get back here and do some housework and ironing. (unless I can put that off till tomorrow) :)

I wanted to welcome the two new chicks and ask if you have done Bios on the bio thread yet? Would love to know more about you both.

Feeling good about counting calories again. I told DH I am going to TRY to stick to it religiously until we go to Vegas the 23rd. I know I will fall off a little that week, but I will also get in a lot of walking that week. May balance out?? I have done well so far today and hope to continue. We are going out for dinner, but I already figured out what I am ordering. That helps.

Mindee- I also walk in the rain in the warm weather, but it was 35* and windy yesterday...no way! haha

More exciting info for me. DH told me yesterday he is taking me to Myrtle Beach for my BD in Oct. I have wanted to go for years. Now I need to check on temps. in Oct. Luckily I don't care about getting IN the ocean.

Okay...gotta run for now.

add: Jane, you popped in there. I must admit, I rather like the un-exciting life too. As long as we get out and do something once in awhile I am happy. Love my home and love to be here curled up with a book or whatever...

jules1216
01-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Quickie as I am out the door to do a bunch of stuff!! Including watching Nick so Teri and Dave can run to Walmart.

Shopaholic1204
01-11-2008, 12:05 PM
Jane-My name is Frances..lol. Or you can call me Francie, either one is cool with me. You're planning a wedding?? Or someone else is planning a wedding? I was a little confused. I love wedding planning!!!!!!!! Planning mine was so much fun!!!

Goals for today:
~clean bathroom & kitchen
~wash clothes
~go to the gym and make appt with a trainer, and hope I dont get bumped
~try to drink 8 glasses of water (I only made it to 5 yesterday)
~start a new jounrnal

upswife
01-11-2008, 01:16 PM
OK i remembered to do my Bio! Anyone who wants to check it out can!

Marti
01-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Morning Ladies! :wave:

Back up and running ok (for now at least) Not sure what was wrong or what hubby did to fix it, but it's fixed.

Last night took a break from exercise. Started watching a movie and when it was over it was late. Tonight I will be walking. And next week I'm planning to hit the gym most of the days. Must make progress.

Jane--I need to do some serious cleaning myself. Maybe the word I'm looking for is organizing. I can't stand clutter and by golly, my place is getting very cluttered! Drives me batty! So, what colors has Katie decided on for her wedding?

Sue--I'm trying to count my calories again too. I do well the first part of the day and then after work......not sure what my mind is set at but it just kind of does it's own thing! :lol: I need to start my food journal again. That darn thing I hate to keep is always helpful, so I guess it wouldn't hurt me to start again.

Jules--I bet you're having a wonderful time watching the baby. How is Teri doing now that she's had him? And how is the baby? My DD was a sleeper. There were times where I would pick her up and put her up to my ear so I can hear her breathe she slept so much!

Francie--I love that name! Feel free to help me out w/my list I have for today. (suppose I should make one first before I ask for help eh?) :D Looking forward to getting to know more about you! So where do you and hubby want to be stationed?

Ellen--A January baby! (I read your Bio) You're still young. I'll be 37 next Saturday the 19th. I used to think how being so close to 40 makes me feel old. Now....I look forward to looking my best in my 40's. Of course I have 3yrs yet before I turn 40 so that gives me plenty of time to work on myself.

Hello to the rest of the group: Angie, Trish, Mindee, Sassy, Cristina, Tammy and Marykate! :wave:

Well I suppose I should get this day started. It's Friday and Friday's at work can either be easy or just down right dreadful. But there is a highlight to the end of the day...my DD is coming over and it's just her. Get some quality time w/her this weekend.

Ok...off I go ladies. Have a wonderful day.

Shopaholic1204
01-11-2008, 02:10 PM
Marti-Ya, make the list first, then I'll help you. :D We're hoping for Italy, Japan, Hawaii, or VA!!! I'm so nervous about it.

I'm already done for 3 things on my list. (cleaned the bathroom, kitchen & washed the clothes. I even had time for a shower). Right now I'm just waiting for my hubby to come home so we can go to the gym. I dunno what time he gets off today. I changed my mind about the journal, I'm gonna start a blog instead. So I'm gonna go do that now.

Btw-I love :carrot: & :broc: I'm all for dancing veggies!!!

oh ya...I added my bio too.

FrouFrou
01-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Hello ladies...

:welcome: Francie! My son is in the Army and stationed in Hawaii...when he first went he loved, but not so much now. He is thinking about signing on again and hoping for a new place, closer to home though since he just got engaged. Looking forward to getting to know you and I hope you guys get the destination you want! Italy would be so cool!

Ellen...I am an avid reader, when I get in the mood, lol. I've made a goal though for 2008 to read 3-4 books a month, I am about 6 chapters away from book #3.

Marti...my computer has been slow the last two days for some reason...I think it was mad at me because it was fine for DD, lol. Ha! I would love to see 40! You are looking good for your age, and younger than your age so be very proud!

Jane...oh no! who is the Aunt to Clint that she gets a say so? Does sound like she will be trouble. At least you said something. I am butting out of Josh's & Charlotte's unless asked. Of course it is different with a DD than a son. But she is a sweet girl and has actually asked for my help. She too found that a lot of places are already booked, a year or two in advance. I made them think of a lot of thinks one being how are you going ot plan a wedding when no one knows where the Army will send Josh and when he will get time off again-very hard. They are thinking a Hawaiian wedding so she can go there until he gets his next orders. I too am curious about the colors of Katie's wedding! I love hearing about them and looking at all the catalogs and magazines! I know it will be a nice one!

Sue...glad you and dh had a nice mini-vaca. You are brave lady, no way would I walk in the rain, or cold! Keep on truckin'!

Sassy...how ya doing missy? Is this your weekend? Never can keep that straight.

Mindee...glad you guys finally got a court date.

Jules...you just enjoy being a grandma missy! Pop in when you can...I don't think I woudl be able to take myself away from a new grandbaby!

Hi everyone else :wave:

I got on the computer yesterday and read a little and then felt like crap so signed off. My back went out Wednesday afternoon and I have been laid out since. It's okay sitting at the computer because the type of chair, easy to get in and out of. Slept half of last night and the night before in a recliner I had V bring up from the basement-not the most comfortable but easier to get out of. Needless to say my house is a mess, to me anyway. I have V and Dd helping me and feel guilty for doing so...but gotta have help. What is really killing me is not being able to exercise today and yesterday. It won't happen until Monday...I'm hoping anyway.

Have a good day ladies!

Shopaholic1204
01-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Have you tried Goodreads.com? Theres a couple groups for a book challange in 08. I joined one, and my challange is to read 100 books this year. I'm almost one with book 2.

tommysgirl18
01-11-2008, 05:56 PM
hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end....just waiting for Tommy to get home. He went right from work to an interview with another temp agency. so hopefully he will get some more job offers from there! Then we will be off to Wal-Mart, and then Tommy wants Chinese for dinner. My mom sent us an email that they are doing a joint birthday party for my sister who was just here on our nephew Dominic who will be one on the 13th. My three other sisters that live down here are going up there (and since Tommy got a bigger check this week, I am hoping to go up there) and my mom would like to have all five of us girls there if possible. The only thing that was really on the agenda for tomorrow was for Tommy to go to a friends house to get another dresser for the boys since he is moving to Ohio. we shall see what he says when he gets home from work. Tommy's oldest brother is having a birthday party for his son tomorrow, and his brother's wife claims that it is a really small party (just her parents, my in-law's, her brother and his family, and my BIL) but she sent me (and Tommy) an email stating that she is having a big party tomorrow for her son. So, I am sure Tommy will let her know about it. (she claims that since we never invite them to birthday parties is the reason why we didn't get invited (we don't invite them because they can't get along with my SIL and her boyfriend). Then she told Tommy on the phone that since money is tight, they are only having the people that I just listed over. Tommy was going to have his mom call as soon as they left the party to let him know who all was there. He said that if there were more then the people that she mentioned, then he is going to call her and let her have it. (I don't blame him one bit)

Jane~ I am working my way up to being able to do it daily! I have already noticed a difference in my "love handles" which I never would have admitted to having before! But I feel great after doing it and I sleep a lot better! I must have missed the post when you had said that Katy was engaged. Congratulations to her!! We had a blast planning our wedding....so I agree with your "it's more fun to plan a wedding" statement!

Sue~ I would have to agree on the passing on the walking in the rain in 35 degree weather! I love walking in the rain during the summer....especially if it has been hot!

Jules~ Have fun watching little Nick!!!!

Frances~ It is good to set goals for the day.....I really need to do that! (although.....my main goal today was not to get puked on.....which I managed to not get puked on)

Ellen~ It is nice to read more about you!

Marti~ How are you doing? How is Jhanai and James?

Cristina~ That is just a court date to contest the ticket that he was given. That isn't for the lady.....which I am hoping means that she isn't going to try and take us to court.

jules1216
01-11-2008, 08:25 PM
Mindee--good luck on the court date

Francie--Welcome--I could probably read 100 books a year....I love to read though I have been to busy lately!! My son's friend is stationed in WA state.

Cristina--awww sweetie...sorry to hear about your back. Teri's is hurting where she got her epidural.

Marti--he is such a good baby and Teri is such a good little mommy. He sleeps alot...and eats alot....and poops alot....and knew his mommy left the apartment but Uncle Ry helped me....Uncle Ry has the magic touch when Dominic's in the swing...but he doesn't do diapers. He's also getting excited about moving to Eugene.

Sue--I've wanted to go to Mrytle Beach for years and it's closer to me than you!! I'm jealous!!

Jane--did i miss what Katy's actual wedding date is going to be??

Yes I had fun today--he's such a sweet baby...

pattygirl63
01-11-2008, 09:34 PM
Hi Ladies

A quick fly by. Last night DH purchased and downloaded & printed an ebook home study workbook on ph balancing for me. I started reading the quick start last night and spent the day reading and doing first lesson today. So I'll be studying this book for the next few days, but I will try to catch up on everyone tomorrow.

Francie - WELCOME!!!! Glad to have you joining us and glad you gave us your first name. This is a great bunch of caring ladies. Look forward to getting to know you.

Jules - I know you are enjoying babysitting little Nick.

Marti, Jane, Sue, Cristina and everyone else have a good evening.

Hugs,
Trish

Shopaholic1204
01-11-2008, 09:53 PM
Thanks everyone!! Everyone seems so nice here. :D

As for my goals, well the only one that didnt happen was going to the gym today. Dh got off work late, and he basically worked non stop since yesterday. So he's taking a nap right now. He did promise we'd go to the gym in the morning and then come home and clean..yay. Anyways..Before he went to sleep we went over the orders and made up a list. So here's our list:

1. Naples Italy

2. Pearl Harbor, Hawaii

3. Kanohe, Hawaii

4. Okinawa, Japan

5. Iwakuni, Japan

So we'll see what happens. :^:

And Jane..I sent you a message, but I dont know if it sent. My mouse kept clicking the send button a thousand times (I need a new one). But let me know if you got it or not..

Jane
01-11-2008, 11:01 PM
Hiya ladies,

Sue - yay for you, planning your restaurant choice before you go. I printed out all the points for the restaurants we go to. Makes it easier to stay OP. Have you had the apricot tilapia at Olive Garden? It was so good, and I had NO breadstix, just salad w/ff dressing.

Julie - aww, you're a wonderful grandma already. Don't you just love it? Wait til the day Nick looks at you, recognizes you, and smiles! Your heart will MELT!

Francie - what a cool name! DD and I are planning her wedding. She has some definite ideas about some things, and needs my input on others. I'm having a ball! Yep, I got your message, but you already knew that by now, lol.

Ellen - thank you for filling out the bio. (You, too, Francie!) It's always fun to know more about each other.

Marti - hope you're having lots of fun with Jhanai. Katie wedding colors are baby pink, white, black, & silver. It should be fairly easy to get things in these colors. We're having the college cater the meal, and they furnish all the table linens, which is very helpful.

Cristina - well, the woman can be very intimidating to someone like Katie, but I won't let her run over my DD. They are supposed to meet and discuss the flowers further, and Katie said she wants me there, for sure. I will have no problem having the flowers done somewhere else if she won't do them the way Katie wants. The aunt offered to do them, for just the cost of supplies, but something tells me we may be better off having a florist do them! Wow, it would be so cool to get married in Hawaii! How much longer will he be there?

Mindee - yikes, the brother's wife sounds a little.... difficult. If she leaves you guys off the guest list, and invites others, that would be really rude.

Trish - ph balancing sounds so interesting! You'll have to share with us some of the things you're learning. What got you started with this? I've never heard of it, but would like to know more.

Madison and Makenzie are here for the night. I've missed them so much, ever since they started school! Even though they live next door, some days I don't see them at all. Caylin has become my little buddy, lol, and loves being the center of attention.

I bought Leslie Sansone's "Walk Away Your Waistline" today. It comes with a walk belt, DVD, and 1, 2, and 3 mile markers. It also has arm straps attached to the belt, to help tone the arms. Goodness knows I sure need that! Now, if only I'll just do it! I did get a 1/2 hour walk in around the grounds today. That was before I bought the DVD.

See ya tomorrow!

Shopaholic1204
01-11-2008, 11:26 PM
Omg how exciting!!! When is she getting married??? Makes me miss planning my wedding with my mom :( We had a lot of fun and it was totally stress free. I hope its not stressful for you.

tommysgirl18
01-12-2008, 02:59 AM

nothing new on this end.....my mom sent me an email on Friday asking us to come up there for my sister Robyn's birthday and our nephew Dominic's first birthday.....I told her that we had to check the bank account, and she sent me an email back saying that if we can get up there, then she will get us gas money to come back home. So, it looks like we are taking a ride up there for some family fun! (it should be all of my parent's kids at their house with the grandkids)

Jules~ Thanks for the good luck! Sorry to hear about Teri's back pain where the epidural went in. I had that with Brandon.....and then since I had to get it done three times with Marissa, I still get it. (I even still had it when I was pregnant with Logan and after....so I think it is something that I will have from now on) did they give her anything that she can take for it?

Trish~ Good luck with the ph balancing book!

Francie~ Those places are all so exciting and beautiful....I am jealous! How long would you guys be stationed there?

Jane~ Yeah.....she is difficult to say the least. She is only like that though to Tommy's parents.....and us when she gets mad. That sounds like a great workout package!!!

I do have to say though that we walked around Wal-Mart for goodness knows how long, and when I looked at my pedometer this is what it told me: 10,244 steps; 4.85 miles; 734.8 calories burned! I am so excited!!!!! The last time I got that many steps in one day was during the summer when I used to walk around the complex!

upswife
01-12-2008, 11:31 AM
Good Morning ladies! I did get my goals done yesterday. Laundry done, Christmas stuff all packed away and waiting for the trip to the atic, and I made it to the gym with DH...We also took the kids swimming after our workout. Not too much on the books for today, DD has a birthday party, and I am going to meet up with my friend for coffee. No dinner to plan, we have leftover spaghetti, so that is what we are having.

Jane~ I loved planning our wedding, but it was NOT stress free. My mom and DH got into it a few times, and she made some funky demands, even though we paid for it ourselves. But now we just look back and laugh. Such nice colors too. I hope this aunt isn't too pushy.

Martie~I hope you had an easy work day yesterday. I feel the same about looking my best. Yes I am still young, and it takes ppl like you and the lady in the store that carded me to remind me of that . Thank you!

Cristina~ I have finished book three, and I have to ask my dad about the one he recommended. I am trying to read this year too, and less TV. I hhope you back feels better soon. take it easy, but try to keep mobile.((hugs))

Mindee~ Ugh! I hate family issues. good luck with that. Sometimes, though, we have to be the bigger person and just let it go. Enjoy your trip to your mom's!

Francie~ Thanks for the link, I will check it out. I hope you guys get stationed someplace nice.

Jules~ I hope Teri's back pain goes away soon. I have had three spinals(up a little higher than an epidural) and if I lay on it wrong I can still feel it. Nick sounds like such a good baby, I wish I could hold him, I love the little ones!

Patty~ good luck with the ph balancing. It is a very interesting topic, but I haven't had the time to research it. I may have to look into it. Does it say how to find out if you are out of whack???

:wave: To any I have missed~ have a happy weekend!!!

Shopaholic1204
01-12-2008, 11:38 AM
Good morning Ladies!! It's the weekend-yay!! :D

Dh & I went to bed early last night (like 11:30ish), but I woke up early (like 6:30am). We're going to the gym today at 8am-FINALLY!! We were planning on walking there since its like 10 mins away, but when I woke up it was raining, and its still raining. So looks like we'll be driving. Oh well..It would've been too cold to walk that early anyways, lol. And nobody but Marines or carless people walk or march in this freezing cold weather. I'm kinda nervous about going to the gym in the morning though. There's gonna be a lot of sailors & marines in there. They tend to make me nervous. I dunno why, lol.

Anyways..here's my list of goals for today:

Go to the gym
make appt with a trainer
work out on 2 machines for 30 mins each
clean living room
take down Christmas decorations (ya, we're major slackers, lol. but it's kept us feeling festive)
drink 8 glasses of water today (i only made it to 7 yesterday)

Anyways..I gotta go...Hope everyone has a good day!! :carrot:

Marti
01-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Good morning ladies :wave:

How is everyone doing today? It's quiet here at the moment. DH got home sometime this morning and came to bed at 8:00 (so glad his vacation is coming starting Monday) and DD and I were up way to late (3:30! :eek:) playing Guitar Hero! I've been up since 9:30 and doing absolutely nothing. :D

Francie--I like that you make a daily list. I should do that myself and maybe, just maybe I could get some things accomplished around the house that needs done! I love your profile photo! You're adorable!

Ellen--I looked at your profile photo as well and your family looks great! Your little ones are so cute. Do you have photos that are a little bigger? As for age, I figure that if I start feeling old, then I'm going to start acting and then eventually start looking old. So might as well enjoy each chapter of my life and be young forever! :lol: I'm reading two books right now. Rereading the Harry Potter books, on book 4, read that while on the treadmill, and the other book that I read any other time is called "Outlander" Pretty good so far.

Mindee--WTG on the miles walked! Glad to hear that you're going up to see family. How far do you live from everyone?

Jane--There is a gal at work who has a Sept. 27th wedding planned. I've heard her arguing on the phone w/her boyfriend that she wants everything perfect and to not argue w/her! She just may be the perfect candidate for Bridezilla! And she's the sweetest thing! Very out of character of her, so this planning must have her stress levels up the roof. Make sure Katie isn't over stressing. I love the colors she has picked. I envision a wedding of absolute beauty! Those colors remind me of the 20's or 30's for some reason.....not sure why? :shrug:

Trish--I'm also curious to learn more about Ph balancing. Please share what you've learned. What all does it involve?

Cristina--A wedding on the Hawaiian beach sound wonderful! (I've never been to Hawaii but sure would like to someday) I'm sorry that your hurting so much. Very nice of your DH & DD to help you. Just let things be until you feel better and don't even think about exercising until you do! You want to make sure you don't injure yourself more!

Jules--So when does your DS think he'll be moving to Eugene? Did he get a chance to come and visit before he made the decision? He'll love it here. It's rainy a lot but not as much as some would think. They sometimes call Oregon the rainy state, but actually its Washington that is wetter than Oregon. And if he's an outdoorsy kind of guy, he'll love exploring the mountains around here. (I'll have to post photos sometime) Make sure you plan a special trip to visit me when you come to visit him! :) We'll go have coffee and chat!

Hello to the rest of you gals out there! :wave:

Well I think I'm going to at least take a shower and put my face on. Need to look semi-presentable for the day.

You all have a great weekend and I'll pop in sometime tomorrow when I get a chance.

Hugs to you all!:hug:

Jane
01-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Hi, ladies,

Francie - the wedding is August 9th. Did you make it to the gym? Neal just left for an errand, so I think I'll try out my new Leslie Sandone stuff while he's gone, lol.

Mindee - yay for getting to go to the bd parties. Bet the kids like that.

Ellen - I love meeting up with friends for lunch, etc, and do it often. Did you have fun? Yay for getting your "to do" list done. I seldom finish mine anymore, lol. Well, I kinda quit making them! :lol:

Marti - I have no clue what Guitar Hero is, but I'm glad you and DD had fun. Katie isn't the stress type. She's more of an "oh well, it will be ok" kinda girl. Drives me nuts, lol.

Hi, all. :wave:

I just got the price list from the wedding caterer today. :yikes: The thing is, we get the banquet hall's fee ($300) waived, since Neal is a professor at the university, so that $$ can go towards the food. I've been looking at dresses for me, online, just to get an idea of what I want. Well, what I'd look least offensive in, I mean, lol.

Not much else going on. I'm doing great with the food and will do my exercises here in just a bit.

Hugs,

FrouFrou
01-12-2008, 07:38 PM
Hello ladies...

Mindee...oh, I knew it was just for the ticket. Keeping my fingers crossed that the lady doesn't even bother with a lawsuit. :crossed:

Ellen...thank you, I am taking it easy...it definitely is no fun. WTG on getting your list done and I will have to look at your pictures.

Francie...thanks for the site, will have to check that out. I started book #3 last night and can't wait to finish it! Hoping you guys get the place you are wanting...DS was wanting Italy too! Ilike your lists too!

Jane...good deal for going with Katy. I know sometimes people mean well when they offer their services but then I think they think it gives them the notion that they then have a say in what's happening. And WTG on getting the WATP dvd's! I love Leslie Sansone's dvd's.

Marti...all this talk about wii is making me want one. I have seen so many places here where lots of people have them...looks like lots of fun. I am taking it easy...most definitely. Not going to do anything until I feel I am 100% up to it.

Jules...or should we just call you grandma? I can feel the love and pride from your posts. And I can see why...little Nick is adorable!

Trish...another one here that would love to hear about all this.

Nothing much going on with me. I actually was able to get up and get a roast in the crockpot for dinner. Pretty easy for that...no bending. And DD is following me around in case I need something, lol. I am hoping to be able to do my WATP Monday...I hate that I have not been able to exercise! But I am not jumping in like I was before...going to start slow and take it easy. It takes a week for me back to be back to normal when it is bad...this wasn't as bad as some other times but I am being careful so...

Have a great weekend, ladies!

suetalks
01-13-2008, 12:28 AM
Jane- I have to confess that the restaurant didn't have the soup I wanted last night. I ordered something else, then thought "damn, how stupid." So..even though it was not an OP meal I just cut it in half and brought half home with me. Not the best of choices, but the other half tasted good today. :) I am so JADED when we go out. :(

Wow, was I busy today. I finally did the ironing and cleaned house. Got all those pesty dust bunnies and scuff marks.

I got seed catalogs in the mail so I can dream of Spring and more yard planning. So far the winter has not wrecked any of our trees or bushes. *fingers crossed* that it continues to be mild.

Yesterday when I went shopping I finally bought new bras and got the girls back in place. I also bought another pair of track pants, T shirt and zip front jacket. I love those outfits. I have decided that after many,many years in jeans my 59 year old body does not want to wear them anymore. So, I am shopping for some other type of slacks (not the track pants which I wear for everyday) Also bought a new blouse to wear with a pair of khaki slacks that I have.

Do you gals wear sweats or jeans most days? Do you wear sweats to go to the grocery or run errands?

I guess I am just dis-satisfied with my wardrobe at the moment. Trying to come up with 8 days of clothes (that I like) for our trip. DH just looks in my closet and shakes his head....I do have lots of clothes. Just that some are really old and I need to do a thorough sorting out! Maybe it is just the fact that I have been saying for so long that I will spruce up the wardrobe when I lose weight...and that isn't happening. Grrrrrr...

Okay, I have had my mini rant and "poor-me" moment. Got that out of my system. Haha.

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday. I have no plans except to put a ham in the oven. Hopefully just a lazy day with my coffee and newspapers.

Shopaholic1204
01-13-2008, 12:52 AM
Mindee~btw, awesome way of spelling it!! We'll probably be stationed somewhere for 3 years. Not sure if he's gonna reenlist for a 2nd time though. He's already been in the Navy for 4 1/2 years, and reenlisted June 07.

Marti~Start off with something small..and then build up. I'm totally weird though, I make lists for everything, lol. Especially when I clean. I put down all the stuff that needs to be cleaned and then as I finish it, I just cross it off. Dh thinks I'm totally weird, but whatever..it helps!! LOL!!

Jane~Is it going to be a big wedding?? Aug will be coming up soooo fast, the months seem to rush on by while planning a wedding, lol. Ya, we made it to the gym. I could only make it on one machine though. There was NO a/c in the room and I felt like I was gonna die, lol. Dh didnt want me to over do it though, so he said it was good I only did one machine. How did the work out vid go?? Which one is it?? I need to buy a new one.

Christina~What book are you reading?? What branch is your Ds in??

Sue~I usually wear sweats or capri pants while I'm at home..and jeans whenever I go out. When I wanna buy new clothes, I usually just throw out everything that is last season, or that I just don't like anymore and give it all to GoodWill. Then when I complain that I have nothing to wear, and dh looks at my side of the closet..he agrees and lets me buy new clothes, lol.

But I'm in a fashion rut right now. All I own are black or dark colored clothes. I really need to buy a different color. Plus, I think I need to find a new nail polish color. Black is rather depressing, and I wanna try and be postive now. I've already changed my eye shadow color from black to brown & pink..so thats one step, lol.

tommysgirl18
01-13-2008, 04:47 AM

nothing new on this end....we ended up going up to my parents' house on Saturday and we had a blast. three of my four older sisters and their kids (and one husband) was there. it was a lot of fun, and I am actually glad that we went up there. we told the kids that we were going on a surprise ride...and they had to figure out where we were going. Brandon was the only one that stayed awake the whole ride up there.

we got some cute holiday decorations from my aunt and uncle and grandma that live in Texas. we got some diapers with all three kiddos....some wipes.....some clothes....some mittens/hats and what not. I even got my hair dyed and cut by my sister that was down here with us the week between Christmas and New Year's. (for those on myspace....I put up the pictures that we took while up there) I do have to say though that I have plenty more pictures coming.....so I will try and get over to the picture thread to post them.

The bd party for Tommy's oldest brother's son, I guess was eventful. If I heard right from Tommy's end of the conversation with his brother that was invited, something got mentioned about us. I meant to ask Tommy but never got a chance to. So, instead we went and saw my family and had an awesome time! now Sunday, Tommy is going to a friend of ours' house and getting a dresser....and then laundry.

Ellen~ We ended up not going to Tommy's brother's house (since we didn't get invited).....we went to see my parents and family. We try to let issues with Tommy's brother's wife go.....but she has been nothing but trouble since she started stuff when we were planning our wedding. We have emails that she sent to me telling Tommy that he was making a HUGE mistake by marrying me and all this crap. She doesn't get along with any one that tells her how it is....which is why she doesn't get along with my SIL's boyfriend.

Francie~ I agree.....I like how you make a list of what you need to get done! I really need to do that.....my hubby already picks on me about making lists! He says that I do it just because I like to write!

Marti~ I got another almost 5 miles in on Saturday with all the walking that I did around my parents house. They live two hours north of us....in fact, when I was pregnant with Logan, we moved in with them, and then got into a townhouse that was at the most about 15 to 20 minutes away from them. I loved it up there, but the job market for Tommy really sucked.

Jane~ The kids had a blast! 14 of my parents 18 grandkids were up there....so we took pictures of that. Three of my four older sisters and their kids (and one husband) were all up there. It was a BLAST! I wish we could do that more often with every one! The kids had a blast! The boys played with their cousins, Rissa enjoyed all the people. She even tried cheese puffs and girl scout (shortbread) cookies for the first time. My mom even noticed that she has one of her bottom front teeth that is just about to pop through.

Cristina~ We got three letters from our insurance company telling us different things. One said that if the vehicle was drivable, then to disregard the letter. Another one stating that it couldn't fix the damage that was sought for because Tommy only had the basic PLPD (I think that is it) on our car only. So, from that, we got the gist that the lady tried to go against our insurance for the damages that she caused! But they denied her on her claim. How is your back today?

Sue~ How are you doing? How is your mom doing? I have been wearing more jeans lately. I did however wear sweats when I was pregnant with all three (especially Marissa). They were just so comfy and gave me enough room to grow in. I got rid of the pair that I had while pregnant with Marissa, and haven't looked back! I have to start wearing more jeans though.....I have this one pair of 24's that I have been wearing like crazy and they are starting to fray in certain areas. So, I am going to put on the 22's that fit and start wearing those.

Francie~ Thanks....from what my grandma told me, I was named after my aunt. Her name is Diane, but we call her Aunt Dee Dee, and apparently that is where the Dee part came from. Friends of ours are back here in MI after being stationed in NC. They are here for another year I believe, and then who knows where they will go. He has already done two tours in Iraq. They won't send him back over there though....or at least that is what I heard. (he had cancer, but it is now in remission)

pattygirl63
01-13-2008, 01:46 PM
Hello Ladies

I feel like I'm taking a crash course or cramming for a test. I've been reading all this stuff on ph balancing. I can understand why we get so sick and even understand why we have weight problems. I think it would be better if we just didn't have to eat, but that is impossible so we have to do the best we can.

For those who asked and are interested I'll give a quck summary.

Our bodies get acidic from the combinations of foods we eat. When we get overloaded with acid it goes into the fat and becomes a solid which I understand is why we beome over weight and we eventually get sick with various diseases and die. We eat too much dead foods and not enough live foods (veggie and fruit). We should never eat fruit with other foods. It should be eaten 1/2 - 1 hour before a meal or 2 hours after a meal. Never eat protein with starches. Eat one or the other with salads and lightly steamed veggies. Of course, the goal is to be vegetarian from what I have read. I am not interested in totally giving up meat although from what I read I probably should be. When you read that an acidic body is sending the message to your body that "this body is ready to be decomposed" it lets you know how serious this really is to get my body ph normal. Who wants to give their body this message. I don't. It has really made me more aware of what I am doing. We hear it all the time eat more fruits and veggies and drink plenty of water... pure clean water. These are things that will alkaline our body to kick acidity out and balance the ph and make us healthy.

Everybody have a great day!

Hugs.
Trish

Shopaholic1204
01-13-2008, 03:18 PM
Nothing new to report. I feel completly blah right now. Yesterday sucked so bad. After we got home from the gym, we ate and then went back to bed, because we were both exhausted. Then we woke up around 9pm and did nothing but watch a movie & play games, lol.

Here's the goal I WILL get done today:

cleaning the kitchen-again
clean the living room
take down decorations
clean out fridge & freezer (maybe)
clean out computer, defrag and run the anti spyware
drink water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone has a good day!!!

Marti
01-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Good Morning Ladies--

Last night hubby and I decided to start fixing up the place starting w/our Pink bathroom! :D He's out right now getting tile. Our kitchen will be next. (Give a man vacation time and he's gotta figure out what to do w/the time!) So.....we shall see how well we do.

Jane--Katie will have a beautiful wedding. I'm so happy for her. Seems just like yesterday she was graduating for high school!! By next year you'll be telling me that you're going to be a grandma again! (sorry...I'm rushing a bit aren't I?)

Sue--I am the same when it comes to my wardrobe. The problem I have is I have gotten rid of so much that I need clothes but can't seem to bring myself to spending money on myself!

Francie--What ever helps you keep organized I say kudos to! I used to have all black items in my closet too. Then I decided I wanted to be more girly and add pink and reds. Right now...I have a lot of white! I STILL need color in my life!

Mindee--Too bad Tommy couldn't find a job closer to your family. I'm about 25mins to most of my family. Except my brother. He lives w/in blocks from me and I have yet to figure out where! He and his girlfriend are expecting a baby in May and I haven't even met her. I told him I need to give big sister approval before they marry! :lol:

Trish--Very interesting information. It really is surprising to know what we do to our bodies. Such as smoking. I'm a smoker...I give it up for months to better my health and then I turn around and start right back up. I'm pathetic really. Keep us informed, it's always good to read/hear about new stuff to better ourselves.

Good Morning to the rest of you gals out there.

I need to get dressed, start some laundry and get the house tidy. (If I can!) Get my day started I suppose.

You all have a great Sunday.

sz2atheart
01-13-2008, 03:34 PM
Happy Sunday Ladies!!

Sue--I go to MB every year. We love it. There is so much to do. We go to see "Legends in Concert" about every other year. It's the same show that is seen in Vegas. I'm a jeans person when going shopping but love to wear yoga/track pants or sweats when I'm hanging around the house.

Francie--I'm planning 2 weddings!! DS is 11/08 and DD is 6/09 When will you know your orders? My DS is in the Coast Guard and re-enlisted for another 4 yrs. He says that he is going to be a lifer.

Cristina--I missed that Josh was stationed in Hawaii and I see he's engaged. Congrats. My Justin is getting married in Nov but having it in Yorktown, VA where he is stationed. Makes no sense to me considering that he is marrying a girl from his home town. Even though it is only 4 hrs away it will limit some of the people who will come. I think it's the bride's family's way of keeping it small.

Jules--How's little Nick?

Jane--DD and I are going to a Bridal show 2/3. Even though DD wedding is not for another 17 months, she has the church, DJ and reception site already booked. She is having it at the country club that we belong to but it is a $10,000 minimum!!! :faint: They were so gracious to waive the $1000 set up fee :rolleyes: Oh, and guess what....I made an appt to get my eyes done. It's March 6th. Getting uppers/lowers and my chin/neck lipoed!!! :D

Mindee--I gotta dig out my pedometer. That's impressive the mileage that you have logged.

:hug: To Ellen, Trish, Marti and anyone else I might have missed!!

Well today was my first weigh-in at WW after returning from 2 months of playing hookey and I lost 4.4 lbs :carrot: I was so excited that I nearly peed myself. I have never lost that much weight in one week ever before! Probably helped that I was just starting TOM when I first weighed and finished it up by 2nd weigh-in.

We've been busy shopping for home office furniture. We have a useless small 10x10 room right off the foyer that we have never done anything with and want to make it what the builder intended it to be and that is an office. We finally found some furniture and ordered it yesterday. It will take about 6-8 weeks so I have to get it painted. I'm really excited to finally get some organization with the paperwork in this house. We have it everywhere. Some in that room in baskets, some in the old roll-top desk in the basement and some in old metal file cabinets in the exercise room. We ordered a credenza and hutch for my computer, a lateral file, and a writing desk for DH's laptop. Of course, we have to put a HDTV monitor on the wall with a swing out arm so DH can view the football games as he works from home :D

Guess that's all the news from this homefront. Doing laundry, getting some paperwork done and tidying up house. Making stuffed porkchops for dinner. I should go get on the elliptical and walk the dogs ;) See ya!!

Jane
01-13-2008, 05:25 PM
Hi ladies,

Cristina - I'm so sorry about your back. Thank goodness for DD, right? And for crock pots, too. I use mine all the time, and just got a new crock pot recipe book, with some updated recipes. If there're any really good ones, I'll share, ok?

Sue - yay for getting "the girls" hoisted back up, lol. Since you asked, I'll tell you - I never wear sweat pants. Neal made a comment about a woman in sweats right before we got married, that he thinks sweat pants are the worst thing a woman can wear. So, I just never got in the habit of it. I have a pair for working out, but then I take them right back off. I wear jeans a lot, or some casual pants that zip in the front. In the summer, I wear capris almost every day. If you have a bunch of clothes that you never wear, I'd say donate them, and keep only the ones you really do use. Then you can build on that. Just a thought.

Francie - well, there will be between 130 - 180 guests at the wedding, so that really isn't too big. Big enough, though. HOWEVER, she called me awhile ago and asked if I'd freak out if they just eloped! I told her to follow her heart. They would still have a big reception.

Mindee - glad you had a good time with everyone. Share pics when you get them downloaded, ok?

Trish - yikes, who knew about all that? Kind of makes sense, though. I'm not sure I can ever eat my proteins separate from my carbs. No more sammies? :yikes: You'll have to keep us up to date on how you're doing, because I will be very interested in that.

Marti - yes, time passes so fast! Katie just told me a couple of days ago not to get my hopes up for more grandkids any time soon, that they want to wait until they buy a house before they even think of becoming parents. Smart kids! We have land for them when they're ready to build, so maybe it won't take TOO long. So what are you doing to the bathroom?

Tammy - oh yeah, you have to start booking all these things/places early! Katie already missed out on her favorite reception hall (the only one that allows alcohol, lol) by waiting too late. The one we have reserved is a very, very nice one, though. YAY for the loss, chickie! :cp: Feels great, doesn't it? Oh wow, I think it's so cool you're getting your eyes, etc done. I want to get my wattle done if/when I ever get to goal. Here's the thing, though. Remember when I had my lung cancer scare right before T'giving? After that, I decided wrinkles aren't a biggie to me nearly as much now. But I'll re-assess if I ever get to goal, lol. I'm going to have to record Bros and Sis tonight. There's a Lonesome Dove prequel on that I just have to see!

Hi all!

Terry and Gina and the kids were here for awhile this afternoon. That Jackson is very, very busy, crawling all over the place, and pulling up to everything. OH!! Guess What??? I taught him to drink from a straw while they were here. They said he can't do it, and I said let Grandma show him how, lol. There's a trick to it - you have to have the cup/glass pretty full, then place about 3/4" of the straw up on the roof of their mouth. It took him a few tries, then he drank and drank, lol! Little sweetie!

I got a new laptop today. As I mentioned last week, the laptop I gave Mary died, so we gave her one of our desktop computers. I really like having 2 in the house, so we bought a laptop after church today. Woo Hoo!

One more thing - I really like the Walk Away your Waist dvd! It got a little fast for me, but I just did my own pace at those times, and I could really feel the muscles pull in my arms, when we used the bands. Not sure if it's really going to help my waist, but we'll see.

Yikes, didn't mean to write a novel, lol. Toodles! :hug:

Shopaholic1204
01-13-2008, 05:42 PM
Marti-I used to have pink, red, baby white & baby blue tops but I have no idea where they went. For summer, I'm gonna buy NEW clothes!!! Hopefully, I'll be down a few pounds and can go down a size.

Tammy-2 weddings..wow thats awesome!! So much love in the air. :carrot: I dunno when we'll know when we get the orders, he's gonna give them our list on monday.

Jane-I had 150 guests and thought that was big. It was my big fat hispanic wedding, lol. Do you think she'd elope??? My mom said she wished we had eloped, but I know she was glad that we didnt.

I already finished 3 of my goals. YAY!! Right now, I'm making some lunch and then gonna chill out while my computer defrags and stuff like that. I'm getting pooped.

tommysgirl18
01-13-2008, 07:00 PM

we had a very relaxing Sunday......so far. I need to get my butt moving now that Logan is awake from his nap and get through his clothes and pack away the small ones for my sister's son.....then I have to get their new dresser in their room......get that put together.....and probably ten thousand other things that pop up at me during that time!

I will get the pictures posted probably later after I get done with every thing. I need to email my mom and sisters who took pictures to see if they can send me the ones that they took.

Trish~ Just in reading that short blurb....it has me very interested in reading more on ph balancing. I will look into that later on after I get my chores done for the day!

Francie~ Seeing that you mentioned cleaning out the computer....how often should one defrag it? I was debating if I wanted to do that last night because the computer has been running slowly a lot lately. I did run a scan of the computer and it ended up finding two viruses and two trjoans.....so those got put into the virus vault. Should I defrag the computer tonight? What would it get rid of?

Marti~ We actually lived up there about two years ago while I was pregnant with Logan and right after he was born. But the job market at the time really sucked, and he couldn't find anything. He even applied to the Wal-Mart up there, and was denied because he was over qualified. (I didn't think you could be in order to work there) So, who knows where we will go from here.

Jane~ I will definitely post the pictures when I get a chance. I got this really cute one of Marissa and her shirt that she was wearing.

Tammy~ That total is for the whole entire day from the time I wake up until the time I notice that it is midnight! I even pulled out my big jug for my water and have it filled up and on the counter drinking it! I am about to take it into the boys room with me when I go in there to clean it up!

Shopaholic1204
01-13-2008, 07:15 PM
Mindee-I usually do it whenever I remember, lol. But dh said to do it whenever its running slow. He does it on his comp once a month just to make sure theres enough room for his comp games.

suetalks
01-13-2008, 10:58 PM
I had my lazy day....didn't do much of anything. I didn't sleep well last night and was tired all day. I am not one that can nap during the day much, so plan an early night.
I cooked the ham in the crock pot instead of the oven and it was soooo good. Very tender and just fell apart. Now I have the bone and broth to make ham and beans later this week.
DD got me a cook book of Light crock pot cooking. I am going to pick out a few recipes and get the groceries in for them. DH isn't fond of crock pot meals, but said once a week wouldn't be bad. He did love the ham today though.
Thanks for asking about Mom chickies. She is feeling some better, no nausea for several days and is eating well. She has actually taken Baby for her walk several days in a row now. I know she needs the exercise, but I hate to NOT do it for her when I know she is weak.

Mindee- I am glad you had such a good time with your family. I am such a fan of family get togethers. We used to host them all the time and it was not unusual to have 30 or 40 there. Of course now of our "little ones" are grown up and scattered around. It is hard to get everyone in one place. DH and I just said we were having a big to-do this summer.

Francie- Glad to read your bio. I hope you and DH get the location of your choice. Any of the ones you mentioned would be nice. When I was younger my 1st DH was stationed in CA. We lived in Alameda. I had wished he would re-up so we could travel, but he didn't. My brother was all over the place with the Army. He especially loved Germany.

Jane- I hear ya about the sweat pants. They do tend to get stretched out...lol. I wear them at home some, but recently have done the track pants with hoodies or long sleeve tees more. I decided to go try some of the new styles of stretch jeans and I might like them. I did tell DH that our mission this week is to send clothes to Goodwill. His and mine. Lord, some of his sports coats are wayyyyy past stylin'. And I have some pants suits that are almost as bad. By the way...have fun planning the wedding. (If they don't elope that is.)

Tammy- I remembered that you go to MB every year. I have been looking at websites, but haven't done anything about our trip yet. I actually told DH if we can go to San Diego and rent a place on the beach I would be happy with that. We wanted to go out there when DS graduated from law school, even though DS said he was not going to have a ceremony. We want to celebrate with him! Congrats on the big weight loss. Yay for you!!

Marti- Like you I have a hard time spending money on myself. I know it comes from being very frugal when I was a single Mom. I swear if I hit the lottery I would probably still have trouble spending on ME. I love the word SALE. haha

Trish, Ellen, Cristina, Sassy...anyone else? Hope you are all well. Sorry to cut this short. I just realized I have to get up at 5 a.m. So I need to get in gear here.

FrouFrou
01-13-2008, 11:48 PM
Hiya ladies!

Francie...DS is in the Army, HOOAH! :lol: And the book I am reading is Into The Wild by Jon Krakauer...it's good and I am almost done with it. If I would have started earlier today I woul dbe finished! I will make my Jan. goal of 3-4 books for sure, yay!

Jane...Josh is in for a little over a year, August 2009 I believe. Of course it depends on where they send him in Oct '08, or Feb '09. Glad you like the WATP...that is one dvd I really enjoy doing. Will be doing mine tomorrow, not sure which one but regardless it will be slow. I would love some crock pot recipes...I love using the crockpot!

Mindee...does sound like the lady tried to get a claim. Glad you enjoyed your time at your family's yesterday.

Tammy...you need to show us your before and after pics...I would love the name of you doc too! I have two years before I want to get something done, my eyes and neck. We'll see...as it gets close I may chicken out...hate going under the knife. Yeah, Josh proposed over Thanksgiving, right before actually and she came over with him for dinner. Two weddings for you eh? Double the fun!

Sue...I wear sweats at times, and then the workout pants. Seems to be what I wear the most. I have some jeans I wore when I met V and am waiting to get into those but the jeans I have now I don't like wearing because they don't fit right now. During the summer months I wear capri's and shorts. Glad you mom is feeling better.

Marti...is the bathroom pink now and you guys are changing it or are you going for a pink one? I LOVE pink!You guys are going to have fun renovating your house and making it yours!

HIYA Sassy, Ellen, Trish, Jules and everyone else :wave:

Nothing much going on...still taking it easy. I am hoping to get to exercise tomorrow but we'll see. It will be very light exercise for sure...the WATP 1 or 2 mile.

Have a great one!

tommysgirl18
01-14-2008, 02:55 AM
hello ladies....how are you all doing? nothing new on this end......

Francie~ Thanks for that tidbit! I am going to defrag it right now. I wasn't sure if I could do it or not. I should know all this stuff since my dad was a computer programmer!! (I guess after three kids, if it doesn't have to do with a kid program or kid game, then I have no idea what to do!)

Sue~ That sounds like my family!! With my siblings and their families, I believe it is about 40 people including my parents if we all get together! The last time we were all together at my parents house was in 2002, I believe, for my mom's surprise birthday party. In fact, we were just talking about that on Saturday when we were together. My oldest sister and her family wasn't there, but it didn't bring the mood down....we made up for it. I would love to have a family reunion with cousins/aunts and uncles and such....but my aunt has that basically every year around Halloween when she hosts her annual Pig Roast! That is good to hear that your mom is feeling better.....and it is great that she hasn't had any nausea!

Cristina~ How are you doing? How is your back? Ok....between you and Francie talking about books....you all have me wanting to read as many as I can! I will have to go back in this thread and find that link that Francie gave you!

FrouFrou
01-14-2008, 03:17 AM
Mindee...I forgot to mention...I went to your myspace and looked at the new pics from the bd party at your family's...quite the family you guys have. Meaning...BIG! Isn't it great though? Our family isn't quite that big but it is wonderful when we are together. Or at least I don't think there are that many. Well, I guess if you add all the great-grandkids...yikes! Guess so, :lol: My back is better thanks for asking! I've always loved to read...since I was in grade school. Don't know if I could read 100 books in a year though! I'll leave that to Francie ;)

Okay, I am going to bed. Came back for a second and it's late. I guess I am dreading going to bed. It is so hard to get out of when my back is bad and Thursday morning I literally was stuck, I wanted to cry. It's crazy I tell ya. I've been sleeping in a recliner in the living room. But...I did get up and lay on the couch for a while...didn't have too much trouble getting off of it so I am braving the bed tonight. I just have to be careful with the twisting and stretching.

Nighty, night ladies

Sassy_Chick
01-14-2008, 03:55 AM
Hi All. :wave:

Just wanted to post and be honest and say that I am not doing well right now, just struggling, as I know we all have at one time or another, but I think this time its a good thing, as it has made me aware of things that I needed to be aware of.

So anyways, I just wanted to be honest.

I hope you all have a Wonderful Week!!!

:hug:

Shopaholic1204
01-14-2008, 04:19 AM
Sue-You made ham taste so good, I almost forgot that I really don't like it. But I've been wanting to buy a Crock Pot cookbook for awhile now. But I should probably buy one first, lol. If I may ask, what happened to your mom?

Christina-LoL at the Hooah!! Its Hooyah for the Navy..hehe. Into the Wild?? Wasn't that made into a movie that Sean Penn directed?? I'm still stuck on the same book I've been reading.."The Pilot's Wife". I read it a couple years ago, and I found it recently in one of my drawers, lol. I dunno why its taking me so long to read it. :carrot:for making your goal!!! How did you hurt your back???

Mindee-Your welcome..It's also a good idea to get rid of programs that you aren't using anymore. I had stuff on mine that I hadn't used since 2006..so I figured I would never use it again and deleted it. Oh and..here's the website goodreads.com. You can add books to your profile, join some groups that discuss book (although I am in 2 groups that dont really talk about the books too much, lol), make some friends. It's really cool, I like it alot. Let me know if you join, so I can add you :)

Did I hear someone mention myspace?? Because I'm on myspace-hehe.

I did all my goals except one today!! Woohoo!! My reward was getting a back rub and falling asleep at 7pm while watching Gilmore Girls, lol. Tomorrow is gonna be another busy day. *sigh* Oh well..At least my living room is clean now. :D

Shopaholic1204
01-14-2008, 04:19 AM
Hi All. :wave:

Just wanted to post and be honest and say that I am not doing well right now, just struggling, as I know we all have at one time or another, but I think this time its a good thing, as it has made me aware of things that I needed to be aware of.

So anyways, I just wanted to be honest.

I hope you all have a Wonderful Week!!!

I hope things get better for you. :hug:

Jane
01-14-2008, 12:15 PM
Hi ladies,

Francie - I don't know if they'll elope, or not. In the meantime, I'm putting everything on hold, until I know for sure of the reception date. Katie, Mary, and I are shopping for wedding dresses Wednesday, though, so once she tries on some of them, I bet she'll go for the big wedding.

Sue - I've got a big ol' ham bone in my freezer just waiting for me to make beans. Mmmm.... sounds good. Glad your mom is better.

Cristina - oic about Josh. The WATP I have now is a new version - Walk Away Your Waist. I've had all 3 of the other WATP ones in the past, and sold them on eBay when I got my treadmill. Who knew I'd have to give up the treadmill due to my foot?!? :dizzy: Yikes, I sure do hope your back is better now.

Mindee - hope you're having a good day.

Sassy - aww, hon, PLEASE don't stay away because of that. :hug: We're here for you. This is when you need us the most.

Today I'm making a double batch of vegetable soup to freeze. I really like to have it for my lunches, since it's so points friendly.

Also trying to tackle Mt. Washmore. :dizzy: There's no end to it, and it's just Neal and me - how can we possibly make so much dirty laundry???

TTFN!

Jane
01-14-2008, 12:41 PM
Francie and Ellen - I keep forgetting so say how much I like your profile photos! Very nice!

upswife
01-14-2008, 01:52 PM
:grouphug:To Sassy...hope things get better!

My oh my you guys have been busy this weekend! I don;t know what I have been doing, but I was not on at all!!!! On Sat we did some errands, then I thought I was meeting a friend. I waited at the Starbucks for and hour and a half and felt stood up. Sunday we went to church, then home for a relaxing day of football. My dad brought the lids over,and everyone hung out. About 5pm I got a call from my friend, and I messed up the day!!! Luckily I just ran out and we had a great visit...we lost contact about 10 years ago, and we recently reconnected. It was great! After that DH wanted Fried chicken for dinner. I was really wary of getting on the scale today...but lo and behold I lost 4 pounds!!!! I know most of it was probably water, but I am still Excited!!! I met with a trainer this morning, and now I have some more direction for while I work out. I am ready to do this!!! and so excited!

Goals for today:

~Laundry-washed, dried, folded and put up
~keep kitchen clean
~drink my big water bottle
~try to keep calories under 1500

Have a great day all will try to get on and do inies later

Shopaholic1204
01-14-2008, 02:14 PM
Good morning ladies!!! :dance::

Well I'm proud to say that I'm having a very good morning. I worked out to Leslie Sansone's Women's Walk (which I got from when I tried Nutrisystem) and actually walked the 2 miles. :carrot: I feel pretty good.

However..ever since I found $20 hidden in my wallet, I've been craving McDonalds sooooooooooo bad. Part of me is saying that I can have it since my diet offically starts tomorrow. But then the other part of me is saying not to have it, because it would defeat the purpose of going to the gym once dh gets home from work, since we usually eat dinner around 6. But since its my last burger, shouldn't I have it?? I always buy from the kids meal anyway (ya, I'm 22 and still eat kids meals. The toys have gotten kinda crappy since I've been a kid, lol.) Although, if I save the money..then I can either buy a new book from Walmart or have money for lunch with my friends on Sat. Grrrrrrr see what goes on in my head?!?!?!?! It's soooooooo annoying!!!!!!! I dunno what to do. :?:

I wish I could go out for a walk right now..But its raining & cold outside and my gloves are in the car and dh has the car. :( I think my good mood has offically left the building. I'm going to watch tv.

FrouFrou
01-14-2008, 03:52 PM
Hiya ladies...

Francie... WTG on working the WATP! :woohoo: I didn't do anything to hurt my back...it goes out at times for no reason what-so-ever and for the life of me I cannot remember anything I did last Wednesday to make it go out. But I've had it go out (it kind of snaps/cracks) just brushing my teeth. I got the Hooah on my car tags and when I did DS#1-the college boy, said isn't it Hooyah? I actually had to go look it up because my army son would kill me if I got it wrong, :lol: My myspace page is, umm, isaidhooah if you want to add me and I'll add you. Be warned it's army related, lol. Actually, it's in support of the troops-army, navy, marines, guard, air force-I support all of them! Although, I am partial to the Army of course. The book is a movie and now I want to see it. I think though I'll have to wait until it comes out on DVD-it's not on anywhere. I'll have to check out your book. I would just go and have the hamburger, but that's me. I am not on a specific program but did follow WW. What works for me is not cutting anything out but just watching my portion size. And I too eat the happy meals, so does my DD who is 23. It's just the right amount of food and cals/points.

Jane...I know you freeze the soup often but I am curious how it tastes when thawed out...does it taste the same as when you made it? I am a weirdo about leftovers, so weird that I will only eat certain things and to me freezing something makes it a leftover...like I said weird. I think it's because my mother saved everything and we ate lots of leftovers, or rather they did. I try not to fix so much food that there are but Jason and Vince will eat them. funny when Josh & Charlotte started planing their wedding...Josh kept telling her whatever you want. I asked them if they had a budget-no. I told them I think they need to figure one out and Josh quit telling her whatever, lol. But they started talking about eloping too! I don't think they will but who knows. Of course the eloping would be her going to Hawaii because he can't leave. Glad you are enjoying the WATP!

Ellen...:woohoo: to losing the 4 pounds! That is awesome! And yay to the trainer...would love to have one for at least a month to whip me into shape!

Sassy...lots of hugs to you sweetie. Please don't stay away when you are feeling this way though. Sometimes it's better to come and chat...hopefully we can brighten your day. I can post a picture of me and make you laugh! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hiya Marti, Mindee, MaryKate, Sue and everyone else :wave:

Getting ready to go get in a walk on the treadmill. Aiming for an hour today, a very slow hour but an hour nonetheless. Getting laundry done also.

Have a great day!

Shopaholic1204
01-14-2008, 04:41 PM
Christina-Okay, I'm lost..whats WATP mean? LOL! Have you ever seen a chiropractor?? We used to see one before dh went on deployed last year..but it's pretty nice. They just pop your back or your neck and everything feels soooooooooo much better. You could have a pinched nerve somewhere. I added you on myspace. I'll be BaByLuV with the hearts on either side. My page used to be Navy'd out. But I got kinda tired of it, lol. So now I have just a few things on there that I love my sailor and that kind of thing. Now its mostly about love :val2: I should probably change some stuff on it though, lol. I decided that instead of the burger, I'm just gonna get a foot long from Subway. Eat half today, and the other half tomorrow. I figure its a little bit healthier than a burger, lol.

I still wanna go out for a walk!! But its still raining..oh well, thats Washington for ya. I did get to spend some quality time with Tivo :val2: I watched Strictly Ballroom, which I hadnt seen in years. Ahh I love that movie, I need to buy it. Anyhoo..I think I'm gonna go watch another movie....

tommysgirl18
01-14-2008, 07:49 PM

nothing new on this end.....just stopping by while the meatloaf is cooking!

Cristina~ Coming from a big family, I always said that I wanted a big family. Then we got pregnant with Marissa, and I said "screw it.....we are done after this one!" Great to hear that your back is feeling better! If I had enough time, I probably would try to read 100 books in one year. But at this rate, I will read 100 kids books in a years time! LOL

Sassy~ I will keep you in my thoughts as you get through this time of struggle. Like you mentioned, we all go through times like that, but it just makes us stronger.

Francie~ I am defraging the computer as I type this. I started it around 3pm and here it is almost 6:40pm and it is still going! I guess we had a lot of stuff that needed to get shrunken. I also went through last night and got rid of some programs that we haven't used.....I will have to go through and get rid of some more.

Jane~ I am doing good.....I have had to keep putting the dresser drawers back into the dresser seems like every 10 minutes. But, at least I am not cleaning up anything major like all their clothes on the floor like when they had their old dresser! How are you doing today?

Ellen~ Great job on the weight loss! I really need to kick my water up.....I have good days, and then I get a little off kilter and then I miss a day or two. Then it seems like I have to retrain myself on it all over again!

Francie~ Great job on the inner struggle....and not giving in to it! I have to admit that I had McDonald's Friday night for dinner, but I made sure that I worked out to help balance it. It worked.....I was down 0.2 on the scale when I stepped on it! Thanks for that website...I will have to go and check it out!

Jane
01-14-2008, 08:04 PM
Hi again,

Ellen - I missed you this weekend! A big WOOHOO for you losing the 4 pounds! Keep up the good work. Glad you got things straightened out with your friend, and had a good time.

Francie - yay for you, not buying Mickey D's! :cp: WATP = Walk Away the Pounds. They are videos by Leslie Sansone, with several different versions. If you get one, you won't have to worry what the weather is in WA! I just got the one with the waist belt, and I like it.

Cristina - imo, the soup tastes the same as before, after it's thawed. I put 12 portions of vegetable soup in the freezer today, and I feel good about that!

Katie just came in, so I need to close. Chat at ya later. :)

Sassy_Chick
01-15-2008, 12:45 AM
Hi Chicks!!! :wave:

Well I feel much better today. I guess I just had a blue weekend for some reason.

Anywho, trying to stay positive, even though yes I know at times that is hard to do, but I'm ok...........;)

Well that is about it for now, again I appreciate all the support!!! You Gals Rock!!! :cheer:

tommysgirl18
01-15-2008, 01:22 AM
Jane~ How is the planning coming along?

Sassy~ How are you feeling now?

pattygirl63
01-15-2008, 02:09 AM
Hi Ladies

Well it is late, but thought I would drop in. Been reading and slept in this morning. I decided that veggies & fruit are alkaline and meat is acidic. So I am going on Phase 1 of South Beach and use the 75% alkaline to 25% acidi rules. Then in 2 weeks I'll go on Phase 2 using same rule but ad fruit. I can do that and lose weight. Tried eating starches and no meat a few days and found mysef hungry because sometimes some starches makes me hungry. I don't want to go through the learning process of what causes cravings and what doesn't. At least I know that the SBD is adaptable to ph balance.

Jane - What makes SBD hard for me is giving up my occasional sandwich, but I can have them once in again later down the road.

Jules - How's the little one doing?

Marti - I was reading some of the Bios yesterday and noticed your birthday is the same day my precious Mama's was.

Good night everybody. I'll try to check in tomorrow.

Hugs,
Trish

tommysgirl18
01-15-2008, 02:45 AM
Trish~ I did a search on google the other day on ph balancing, and saved the results so that I can go back and read up on it. You really have me interested in changing my life around to where it will help me live longer. Let us know how it goes! (I am leaning towards trying it your way.....with the ph balancing and SBD.)

Shopaholic1204
01-15-2008, 03:03 AM
I got really sick tonight and ended up having a panic attack. It sucked really bad. :( I think it was because dh came home and gave me some bad news. The ship has been in dry docks since it came home from deployment last Aug. And they're starting to turn everything back on. Well, he said that he'll have to be back on the ship at 2am and stay there until Sat night. Maybe Sunday if theres really bad weather. Ugh, I hate it when they do stuff like this. I mean, we've been seperated for 7 months, so 3 days shouldn't be a big deal..I dunno why its effecting me. I have plans to go out on Sat, and he might be home sat night anyway. Then he said that since they're turning all the stuff back on, he's gonna be working extra hard (he's an EN-engineman). So who knows when we'll be able to hit the gym together again. I might just have to do the workout dvds at home..or just go to the gym alone. I'm so thankful that he wont be deploying again..but it still sucks knowing that he will be going back out on workups. I'm not looking forward to that again. Times like this makes me really miss having my mom here to talk to. :(

Alright, I'm done with the pitty party.

upswife
01-15-2008, 10:09 AM
Good morning all!

Jane~ Thank you, the pic was taken in June. DS made his First Communion. I have a new pic from Chrstmas, but I need to do some editing first. ( I hate red eye) Hope all the planning is going well!

Francie~ Great job with the McD's. I know how difficult it can be, but you will see the payoff in the end. I am sorry your DH has to be on the ship for a few days...I don't know how you deal with it!!!! :hug:

Cristina~ Great job with the treadmill! Hope you back is doing better...take care!

Mindee~ I am not very good with my water either, trying to make it more important during the day. Just keep it around and you will get it all in eventually!

Sassy~ Life brings it's ups and downs, you dealt very well by admitting you were down! Keep posting and we will get thru it all together!

Patty~ Good luck with SBD!

Hi to everybody else!!!

GOals for today:

Drink big water bottle
Finish laundry
Balance checkbook
pay bills

Not too many, but I am so tired I may not get started until this afternoon. Trying to figure out dinner...DH is getting his braces on tomorrow, so I want to make something special. Oh well, I will figure it out. Since Lent is coming up DH and I have been discussing what we will give up. Before we got married Dh used to go meatless, but for him that meant frozen pizza's or pbj's, and I can't do that for 6 weeks. I think we are going to try it, but I have a monastery cookbook, and all the recipes are meatless, so hope fully we can do this. I have made some of the soups from it and they are fabulous. Well, Iam off, the kiddies have to make the bus!

Jane
01-15-2008, 11:36 AM
Good morning, ladies,

Sassy - glad you're feeling better, hon. :hug:

Mindee - the planning is going well. So many details!

Trish - I think you're doing the right thing by using the plan to work with SBD. Seems like you'll have the advantages of both that way. :yes:

Francie - aww, sorry for the bad news. My mom's been gone since 1984, and I still miss her. We Jaded Ladies will help you in any way we can, though, to get through, ok?

Ellen - I could tell the photo was from some important event. I thought maybe Easter. Wow, I had no clue there was a monastary cookbook. Share is you want, ok?

Well, ladies, I took a tumble this morning, by tripping on the printer cord. I went down so hard, twisting my leg, and landing full force on my right knee. It hurt so bad that I got nauseated, and hollered for Neal, who was still in bed. He didn't hear me, so I called Mary and she ran over to help. Thank goodness my cell phone was close! I've had some pain reliever and Neal got an ice bag for me, so it's feeling better now.

BBL,

Shopaholic1204
01-15-2008, 01:41 PM
Ellen~Where did you find a monastary cookbook??? I totally forgot that Lent was coming up, or even when it was. Maybe part of my new self should be getting back into Church. I went to Catholic school for 7 years and sort of rebelled for awhile. It's especially hard since dh isnt religious at all.

Jane~That must've seriously hurt falling down like that. :hug: Good thing your cell was near by. Glad your feeling better!! My mom passed away in 2006 and I'm still having a hard time dealing with it. Plus, I had a falling out with my family soon afterwards..everything has just been such a mess.

As for me..We got paid last night/today. So we went to Safeway at 11:30pm and bought groceries. I bought a lot of that Eating Right foods from there..as well as lots of fruits & veggies (most of which I have no clue how to cook. How do you steam something?!?!?). I'm eating blueberry oatmeal right now and its gooooooood!!!!

Goals for today:

Eat healthy
do the workout dvd
laundry
drink water
make sure I post all activies & foods on my daily tracker

Oh ya..for some happy news. Sweeney Todd is FINALLY playing in theatres over here, so we're going to go see it tonight!!! :carrot:

FrouFrou
01-15-2008, 02:21 PM
Hi ladies...

Francie...WATP is as Jane said...walk away the pounds and I love them! They are basically walking or marching in place with moves. I started with the 1 mile, and then the 2 mile and now have a 2.5 mile walk & jog and the 3 & 4 mile ones. So many to choose from. Sorry to hear about the news of DH. At least though he won't be deployed...better closer to home and being gone than so far away and not knowing when you will see him next. Lots of hugs to you missy! :hug: :hug: I used to frequent the chiropractor but don't anymore and especially when my back goes out...did that once and it made it worse. But I think they manipulate your body so that you have to keep going back. I'm just leary of them now.

Sassy...hugs to you too! Glad to see you posting! :hug:

Jane...sorry to hear about your fall, ouch! Hope you feel better soon. :hug:

Mindee...I'm not aiming for 100, haven't really done the math but my reading goal is 3-4 books a month and I am happy to say I just started #4 last night. Thought I would read something silly and fun...Wife for Hire by Janet Evanovich. I like her. I came from a big family too, but not as big as yours...love big families but apparently it wasn't in the cards for us. We had 4 and tried to have another so...I have 2 sisters and 3 brothers, and 17 nieces and nephews, and 16 great nieces and nephews, big but not real big. Anywho...

Hi to everyone else! :wave:

Had some errands to run...speaking of reading, I had to return a book to Barnes & Noble that I bought online...didn't realize I had it already...but I ended up getting 2 on top of the one I went to exchange, lol. I've got a running list of books I want not sure why I didn't check it. :shrug: Going to get some laundry done today too and then fold what I didn't yesterday. And...walk on the treadmill for 60 mns. Did that yesterday too yippee!

Have a good one!

FrouFrou
01-15-2008, 02:25 PM
Hi Francie...you snuck in there while I was posting. Actually, I paused because Josh, Army son, called. Always good to hear from him. About the steamed veggies, I myself don't steam them but I know that I think birds eye, can't remember the brand name, has some veggies in bags that you can put in the micro to steam in the bag. I am all for convenience, lol. But for me I usually boil or bake...depending on what it is. Enjoy Sweeney Todd!

Shopaholic1204
01-15-2008, 02:53 PM
Christina-How is your son doing?? I WATP (lol) again today for 30 mins. I did the 2 miles again. I'm gonna have to buy more dvds w/the ones you mentioned. This one only does 2 miles and then firming & toning. I have to agree with you about the chiropractor. The dude we were seeing even said that his mom keeps going back to the chiropractor monthly..that should've been our 1st clue, lol. But you know what I'd love?? A massage!!!!!!!!!!!! Omg, I want one so bad. My cousin is a massage therapist, so I used to get free ones from her whenever I saw her, lol.

I like Janet Evanovich too!! I'm gonna buy Plum Lucky today!! I love the Stephanie Plum books. (Reese Witherspoon is gonna play her in the movie. Although everyone agree that Sandra Bullock would be a better choice) I haven't started reading her other books yet.

Shopaholic1204
01-15-2008, 04:09 PM
Jane..I have a question..Do you have the "Leslie Sansone: Walk at Home - Walk Away Your Waistline! With 1, 2 and 3 Mile Markers (Walk Belt Included Inside!)??"

sz2atheart
01-15-2008, 08:34 PM
Evening Ladies!!

I just spent most of the day on the HGTV decorating board getting help with deciding on a color to paint my office. The furniture will be delivered in 6 weeks so I gotta get the room painted and the old stuff moved out before my eye surgery. Doing well staying OP and drinking water but not so well with exercising. I walked the boys today but did more running than walking because it was so cold and windy!

Sassy--Hugs :hug: to you and hope you are doing better. We all have our times of needing someone to talk to and I just wanted you to know that you are being thought of. Hang in there hon!

Jane--Ouch....How's the knee? I hope you didn't do any damage.

Cristina--I love to read but haven't done much over the holidays. I'm always looking for a good book.

Hey ya'll to all those that I missed. Trying to do a quick post here before settling down to watch the Biggest Loser. I got a question to throw out to everyone.....How would you handle this...

My ds is getting married Nov 15 of this year and has been engaged for over a year with the date set now for several months. My sister just announced that she is engaged to a guy that she has only know for a little over 6 mo and is planning to have a big wedding in Oct of this year. I told her point blank that I would appreciate her not planning a wedding so close to her nephew's because it might cause tension in the family as to whose wedding to attend....her's his or both. My ds wedding will be 4 hrs away and most will have to get a hotel and another sister will have to fly in from NC. If they all attend her wedding a few weeks earlier (which will be here, in town), those who live out of state will not be able to attend both wedding due to cost and time off from work. I'm at a loss for words. I don't want to rain on her parade but I would think that considering she is 33 and this will be her first wedding that she would want all the attention and not have to compete with another wedding so close to hers. What do you think??

Talk a little later.....

sz2atheart
01-15-2008, 08:57 PM
Just had this forwarded as an email from a friend. Thought most would appreciate.....

Enjoy...

If you read this without laughing out loud, there is something wrong with you. This is dedicated to everyone who ever attempted to get into a regular workout routine.

A WOMAN'S WEEK AT THE GYM

Dear Diary,

For my birthday this year, my daughter (the dear MANDY) purchased a week of personal training at the local he alth club for me.

Although I am still in great shape since being a high school football cheerleader 43 years ago, I decided it would be a good idea to go ahead and give it a try.

I called the club and made my reservations with a personal trainer named Belinda, who identified herself as a 26-year-old aerobics instructor and model for athletic clothing and swim wear.

My daughter seemed pleased with my enthusiasm to get started! The club encouraged me to keep a diary to chart my progress.

MONDAY:

Started my day at 6:00 a.m. Tough to get out of bed, but found it was well worth it when I arrived at the health club to find Belinda waiting for me. She is something of a Greek goddess -- with blonde hair, dancing eyes and a dazzling white smile. Woo Hoo!! Belinda gave me a tour and showed me the machines. I enjoyed watching the skillful way in which she conducted her aerobics class after my workou t today.

Very inspiring!

Belinda was encouraging as I did my sit-ups, although my gut was already aching from holding it in the whole time she was around.

This is going to be a FANTASTIC week!

TUESDAY:

I drank a whole pot of coffee, but I finally made it out the door.

Belinda made me lie on my back and push a heavy iron bar into the air then she put weights on it! My legs were a little wobbly on the treadmill, but I made the full mile. Belinda's rewarding smile made it all worthwhile. I feel GREAT! It's a whole new life for me.

WEDNESDAY:

The only way I can brush my teeth is by laying the toothbrush on the counter and moving my mouth back and forth over it. I believe I have a hernia in both pectorals. Driving was OK as long as I didn't try to steer or stop. I parked on top of a GEO in the club parking lot.

Belinda was impatient with me, insisting that my screams bothered other club members. Her voice is a little too perky for early in the morning and when she scolds, she gets this nasally whine that is VERY annoying.

My chest hurt when I got on the treadmill, so Belinda put me on the stair monster. Why the H**l would anyone invent a machine to simulate an activity rendered obsolete by elevators? Belinda told me it would help me get in shape and enjoy life. She said some other crap too.

THURSDAY:

Belinda was waiting for me with her vampire-like teeth exposed as her thin, cruel lips were pulled back in a full snarl. I couldn't help being a half an hour late. It took me that long to tie my shoes.

Belinda took me to work out with dumbbells. When she was not looking, I ran and hid in the restroom. She sent another skinny witch to find me. Then, as punishment, she put me on the rowing machine -- which I sank.

FRIDAY:

I hate that @#$& Belinda more than any human being has ever hated any other human being in the history of the world. Stupid, skinny, anemic, anorexic little cheerleader. If there was a part of my body I could move without unbearable pain, I would beat her with it.

Belinda wanted me to work on my triceps. I don't have any triceps! And if you don't want dents in the floor, don't hand me the danged barbells or anything that weighs more than a sandwich. The treadmill flung me off and I landed on a health and nutrition teacher.

Why couldn't it have been someone softer, like the drama coach or the choir director?

SATURDAY:

Belinda left a message on my answering machine in her grating, shrill voice wondering why I did not show up today. Just hearing her made me want to smash the machine with my planner. However, I lacked the strength to even use the TV remote and ended up catching eleven straight hours of the Weather Channel.

SUNDAY:

I'm having the church van pick me up for services today so I can go and thank GOD that this week is over. I will also pray that next year my daughter (the little s**t) will choose a gift for me that is fun -- like a root canal or a hysterectomy.

I still say if God had wanted me to bend over, he would have sprinkled the floor with diamonds!!!

jules1216
01-15-2008, 09:01 PM
You guys have been to busy to catch up and hubby is kicking me off the pc so he can look...I will be back tomorrow night...

I have been busy with that grandboy and tired from work but hubby actually went with me to DC last weekend!! We went to a motorcycle show and he rode the metro and everything---pure shock for me!!! He never wants to go anywhere. Spent the day with Teri & the baby today and even got to see Ry some. I had such a good time. Washing baby clothes tonight. I paid off my consolidation loan this month--WOOHOO!! Three long years of being TIGHT!! Now I have almost a full paycheck a month to catch up on a few things over the next few months and I might be able to get myself a "new" used car!!

Jane
01-15-2008, 09:27 PM
I'm back...

Cristina - thanks. I'm re-reading Sue Grafton, starting with A is for Alibi.

Francie - yes, that's the WATP I'm doing now. Well, I should say I WAS doing before I hurt my knee. It's $12. at Walmart. Yes, thank goodness for the cell phone!

Tammy - hahaha, I've seen that before, but had forgotten just how funny it is! Sprinkling the floor with diamonds would be one way to get me to do some exercise for sure. The version I saw before had a male trainer in it, and I like this one better.

Jules - yay for you and DH having fun. Neal will always go do something, but I've always got to be the one to think of what to do. :dizzy: How's Nick? Babies sure do generate a lot of laundry, don't they?

My knee is very sore. I'm supposed to go to lunch and then dress shopping with the DDs tomorrow. The best bridal store we have is 3 stories, with no elevator. I'm hoping I'll be able to get up the stairs w/o hurting myself.

Katie and Clint ARE eloping! I don't know when, because she said eloping is all about sponteneity and surprise. But she asked me to move the reception date up. They just want it all over with, and want to be husband and wife. Part of me is sad about that, but another part thinks it's neat. So romantic! Anyway, she needs a white wedding dress, (not a gown) and then a dress for the reception. She's thinking pink.

Chat at ya tomorrow, ladies :hug:

pattygirl63
01-15-2008, 10:25 PM
Good Evening Ladies

Thanks everybody for the encouragement. I started this morning, but didn't make a very good day of it because we went to NC to to Costco because I needed to get veggies. We usually go to Sonny's BBQ when we go up there, but DH already had BBQ 2x's this past week and he wanted to go to Chili's to eat which is the other place where we go to eat. I really could not find or at least I didn't see a SBD friendly meal. I did get a salad, but the chicken had breading on it which is a no-no on Phase 1 SBD or ph balance. So I guess tomorrow will be day one.

Jane - I am so sorry about your fall. That is the same kind of fall I had years ago only it was a purse handle. Take it easy on that knee. Don't over do it like I did when I hurt my knee 6 months ago. Also let me suggest that it is good to do an alternation of heat/ice packs.

Francie - I am so sorry about your DH. I lost my Mama in 1992 and how I would to be able to talk to her. Like Jane said the Jaded Lakies will be glad to be here for you. That is what makes this group feel more like family.

Well, ladies it is getting late and I'm sure there are others I should have mentioned. But my thoughts are with each of you. Have good evening and I'll se y'all tomorrow.

Hugs,
Trish

Shopaholic1204
01-15-2008, 11:34 PM
Tammy-When I was planning my wedding..my cousin got engaged and his snotty gf demanded to be married the week after mine. Everyone basically told her no because the family had bought plan tickets and RSVP to my wedding, and it wasn't fair to her or everyone else. And she threw a huge fit..but I threw a bigger fit and basically told her off. Needless to say, she ended up getting pregnant and never even got married and they ended up breaking up. But I think your sis should have her wedding at a later date so she can have her wonderful moment. Plus, its just fair to everyone else who lives out of state.

Jane-WoW!! She's eloping!!! How romantic & exciting!! A reception should be lots of fun!! I always think its the best part of getting married, lol.

Trish-It never gets easier does it??? My family had a huge loss in 2006. We lost my mom on May 28..then on June 28 my aunt, (my mom's older sister) passed away. My aunt said that God wanted her to be with her baby sister. =(

I did a lot of working out today. I did 4 miles and then did some firming..and omg..My legs are KILLING me right now!! I just took some advil so hopfully it'll kick in soon. But I'm sooooo tired. I'm going to bed as soon as Law & Order is over. LoL!!

I'm soooooooooooooo excited right now!! We went to Walmart, and I bought..Walk Away The Pounds with Leslie Sansone..it has 3 workouts on 1 dvd and came with walk away weights..and I also bought her book.."Walking The Walk: Getting Fit With Faith". Which also comes with a dvd. And I also bought a yoga & pilates set, which is an 8 piece set. And I even got the Plum Lucky book!! YAY!! LoL!!

FrouFrou
01-16-2008, 03:10 AM
Francie...Josh is well, and in a good mood. One of the head honchos got 8 tickets to the Hula Bowl and he got to go. Said it was awesome...they were on the 30 yard line. They might get to go to the Pro Bowl as well. He is enjoying being in Hawaii but would rather be here. Janet Evanovich is a fav of mine as well. I read and have the plum book...loved it! I can't wait for the movie to come out...I too think Sandra Bullock would have been better for the part. I can't see REese Witherspoon playing her. WTG on the workout and getting the dvds tonight! Now a massage would be really nice! Oh, almost forgot tomention I saw a commercial tonight for zip loc...they have some steaming bags...just throw the veggies in and throw them in the micro.

Tammy...I agree with you, I think your sis should pick another date and would just tell her that. Because you are right in that most people won't come to two weddings so close together. Ask her if there is another special day that would be better, something special for both her and her fiancee.

Jane...woohoo to eloping! I did the same. Two families being difficult so we went to Vegas baby! I would have loved a church wedding but in the end, it doesn't matter where you get married, what you wear, how big the diamond is...it is the meaning of the day that matters the most. Hope you knee gets to feeling better.

Jules...glad you and dh had a nice weekend!

HI Trish!

Okay, getting ready to go to bed. I decided to stay up late because I had such a hard time sleeping last night. This darn back...I couldn't lay in the bed for long last night because now it is stiffening up on me. So...I thought I would go to bed later and get up at the same time. Going to go have lunch with Jason tomorrow...hopefully it doesn't snow until later in the day. Yeppers, more of the white stuff headed our way, and wind with the cold! How do you go from 54 one day to 30 something the next, ugh! Anyway...chat tomorrow.

tommysgirl18
01-16-2008, 03:36 AM
Hello ladies….how are you all doing?

Nothing new on this end….just checking my email and then I am going to be heading to bed!

Francie~ That sucks about your hubby having to be gone for the three days. It will pass quickly though.

Ellen~ I have a BIG jug, that is 64 ounces if am not mistaken, that I have filled with water in my fridge. I also have a water bottle that is 23.7 ounces, that I use for water as well. I have been using the smaller water bottle and then just refilling it when I empty it. I should use the bigger one more. But when I use it, my sons have to drink out of it, so I try to use it after they are in bed. Each year, we try to figure out something for Lent. I am at a loss for this year. I want to say that I am going to give up eating late at night, but I need to start/do that all the time. We always do our shopping early in the month and try to get enough stuff to keep us through the month. Our biggest mistake though, is we go either when we are shopping OR we get hungry while shopping!

Jane~ My goodness! Did you go to the doctor to get checked out? Just to check to make sure that it isn’t broken or dislocated. That is a surprise that Katie is eloping!!!

Cristina~ I haven’t really read that many books lately. Usually they are magazines that I pick up. I have a couple of books that my MIL gave me after she was done reading them. I have other autobiography books that I have read, so maybe I will pull one out and read it again. Talking about Barnes & Noble, you gave me an idea! I am going to go over there and check out the books, and write down the ones that I want to read.

Tammy~ Good luck with the eye surgery and the upcoming wedding! I agree with what the other ladies have said. If I were in that spot, I would have my son send out save the date cards soon so that the family will know when the wedding is, and can put it on their calendars. (I know you are suppose to do it like 6 months before hand) But since he had his date picked first, I would get it out there!

Jules~ How are you doing grandma? How is the little family doing?

Trish~ When we got to Chili’s, I get the grilled chicken Caesar salad. No breading at all, and it is better for you since it is grilled! Man….now I am getting hungry for Chili’s!
Right now there is a commercial on TV for Turbo Jam right now. But the more I keep thinking about it, the more I want to try something like the WATP and Yoga. I don’t want to literally kill myself on doing the workouts. So, maybe I will look into those as well.

Tommy already has a running total of how much I will be getting and how much it will cost, and then he is thinking of what he can buy with the same amount! I have seen an infomercial for a program called Yoga Booty Ballet. Does anybody know about it? Is it something worth getting?

upswife
01-16-2008, 02:28 PM
Buenos dias Chicas!!!

I made it to the gym today!!! Although, after the gym my MIL called and kept me for a little while, then I went to the store, and barely made it back in time for DD to get off the bus. Thankfully I made it!!!well, I have to get moving, Still have to finich the laundry from Monday, then do another load...it never stops!!!

Mindee~ My big jug is about 72oz, but you are right, the kids try to drink out of it all the time!

Shopaholic1204
01-16-2008, 04:56 PM
Not much to say right now. I love my new dvd!! I started off the morning with the 1 mile walk..then took an hour break and did the 2 mile walk..took a break, had some lunch and now I'm about to start the 3 mile walk. After this I'm taking a nap. I'm soooooooo beat. My arms are killing me from holding the weights..and the lower right side of my back & leg hurts for some reason. Tomorrow I'm only gonna do the 2 mile walk in like the middle of the day, lol.

Okay..I totally just zoned off there, LOL!! I'm gonna go now!! Hope everyone else is having a great day!!!

FrouFrou
01-16-2008, 05:21 PM
Hello ladies...

Francie...WTG on the workouts! YGG! :carrot: Don't over do it though, you don't want to end up like me and throw your back out. I don't know if that's what I did but who knows. Glad you are liking the dvd's.

Ellen...WTG to you also for making it to the gym! And for getting back in time to get DD! :carrot:

Mindee...I saw the infomercial for the booty ballet...I thought, hmm, those would be interesting. But I have enough dvd's for now...pretty good variety to keep me from getting bored. You know, the turbo jam workouts are intense but you are getting a full body workout from them, supposedly. I can't wait to get back to it. I think once you get the steps down it would be pretty easy...but yeah, you don't want to kill yourself either...defeats the purpose, lol. You'll figure out the right workout for you. Oh, also I was going to mention, if you live in an upstairs apartment the turbo jam might not be a good choice...might make enemies of the neighbors below, lol.

Hello to everyon else :wave:

Nothing much going on today. Kind of a waste of a day. Think I am taking my free day today since it is so late in the day for exercising. It's not really and who knows maybe I will get something in later. But I'm thinking free day and working out on Sunday to make up for today.

Went to lunch with Jason, DD decided to come along as well. Then ended up at the mall for a little while before stopping at the store to pick up a couple of thigns for dinner. Other than that, not much going on.

It's a very gloomy day here. We've had rain so far, then snow, then little ice/snow balls...frozen snow I guess. It wasn't sleet. Supposed to get 1-2 inches of snow before the night is over, ugh! I want some sun! Thinking of moving to Arizona! Kidding, but sure would like some sun. Guess it could be worse.

Have a GREAT day ladies!

Shopaholic1204
01-16-2008, 06:04 PM
Christina~I forgot to tell you that I saw the commerical for those steam bags too. I was gonna buy them too..but I forgot to write it down on my list and never got them. Looks like we'll be going back to the store again today..LOL!! Thats so awesome that your son went to the Hula Bowl. I honestly haven't ever heard it, but good for him, lol. I hope he gets to go to the Pro Bowl. I finished Plum Lucky. :( I wanna read some more, lol. Oh well..I'm starting book 4 in a little bit. Its called "Turn Me On" by Cherie Jeffrey. It sounds really funny.

Well..I did the 3 miles!! :carrot::carrot::carrot::broc::broc::broc::cheer:: cheer::cheer: I'm feeling really good & really tired. The knee lifts and the kick backs really killed me. LoL!! But I stuck with it and didnt give up. Tomorrow is my day off!! I'm gonna be mellow & lazy tomorrow. Dh & I were too tired to see the movie last night, so we're gonna go tomorrow because he gets off work early.

Anyhoo..I'm gonna go update my blogs now!!

FrouFrou
01-17-2008, 01:18 AM
Hiya Francie...I looked up the other book you were reading, The Pilots Wife...sounds good and familiar. I thought it was one I read but I'm not sure. I know I've done this before thinking I never read a book and then bought it and remembered after reading some. Oh well...if it's a good one I don't mind reading a book twice. Besides if it's been a while it's like it's a new one, lol. That's why I make lists now! WTG on the exercise lady! :woohoo: Dontcha just love 'em?! And those kickbacks and knee lifts...hey, stay with it and before you know it you will be feeling the muscle in your legs and booty! Hula Bowl is a college football game.

Hi to everyone else wherever you are...pretty quiet around here.

Just thought I would drop by and say Hi since I am up late again. Nighty, night.

Sassy_Chick
01-17-2008, 02:34 AM
Hey all.

:wave: Remember me? :^: lol. I'm still around, just ending my work week -- only 5 & 1/2 hours more to go...........sounds so long.........but I have 7 hrs down. lol.

Kinda skimmed through messages, WTG Frances on the exercise, but like Cristina said, do over do it!! A co-worker of mine was off for two nights and may have to have surgery because he may have tore a ligament and he did it from working out. So be careful everybody! :)

:congrat: Jane on Katie and Clint!!!

Cristina, take care of your back, hon, I can sure sympathize!!! My back has been aching, I think its the weather......:hug:

Okay WTG to everybody exercising!!! :lifter:

As for me, no exercise yet I'm afraid. But I know it will come......lol.

Well that is about all......

Take care all!!!

tommysgirl18
01-17-2008, 03:52 AM

well, we have a little princess who is teething. she has had major stinking butt issues, and I knew that we had the same thing with both boys when they were teething but I couldn't remember which teeth. I had to wait until Tommy got home to ask him, and he said it was the two top front teeth. So, she is trying to push out a whole mouth full of teeth like her brothers both did. I either ate something at dinner that didn't agree with me OR I caught a little tummy bug.

Ellen~ What is it with kids? They seem to think that every thing is theirs! :lol: My two boys do that to me all the time!

Cristina~ Thank goodness we moved to a downstairs apartment!!! :lol: we do however have neighbors moving in above us at the end of this month, so it should be interesting! I think I will stick with the Turbo Jam since it is an all over the body workout as oppose to the other ones that I was looking at. I think I will move onto the Yoga DVD's after I get a handle on the TJ.

Francie~ WTG on the workouts! But like Cristina said, you don't want to overdue it! Be careful as Sassy said!

Sassy~ How are you doing?

upswife
01-17-2008, 09:59 AM
Good morning ladies!

Francie~ don't overdo it...you can get so excited about doing it, then wham, you get hurt, I was out for a month and a half because I pulled part of the diaphragm muscle. And it was not any fun.

Mindee~ good luck with the teething. I hope your tummy feels better soon!

Sassy~ so good to hear from you. Enjoy your weekend!

Christina~ I need to make a list too, I always forget. I am about 1/4 way thru my 4th book right now, Tom Clancy's Without Remorse It is a little bit different reading style than I am used to but I am enjoying it. THe problem is that it is too big for me to take to the gym...I may be able to read it on the bike, but that would be all.

Well, today is an off day for me. But I really need to get in gear, my house is falling apart! Too many other odd errands to do the last few days, but I think that should be it. I can concentrate on the house, so it will be clean going into the weekend! I doo need to watch my food today the past two days have been borderline, with yesterday having very little control.

Goals:
~ Finish Laundry (finally!)
~ Clean kitchen
~Get kiddies to pick up toys
~ Vaccume
~ Write down everything that goes in my mouth
~ Fill water bottle and drink during the day
~ figure out dinner

Ladies have a wonderfull day! :wave: to all missing

Jane
01-17-2008, 10:42 AM
Hi ladies,

This will have to be a quick one today. We got about 2" of snow - WOOHOO!! You know I love snow!

Katie found the perfect wedding dress yesterday! Its an ivory tea length, with lots of beads and pears on the bodice. She decided to wear it for the reception, too. I'm having a ball planning the reception, which will be March 29. I really think the kids will get married on Valentines Day, don't you?

Miss Marti, where are you?

Today I'm redoing my guest room. So much to do, so few hours in the day! :dizzy: I'll try to be back later.

Shopaholic1204
01-17-2008, 10:45 AM
Good morning everyone!! :wave:

Christina~The Pilot's Wife is pretty good..and kinda sad. Dh & I went to the bookstore again yesterday and I got 4 more books. 2 by Janet Evanovich (Metro Girl & Motor Mouth..have you read those?) and 2 by V.C. Andrews. So I'm on book 5 now!! YAY!!

And ladies~I'm not gonna overdo it, I promise. Today is my day off. Dh is coming home early, and we'll be going to the movies later today. Whenever he's home, he makes me feel lazy, lol.

Oh ya..we went to Target too yesterday, and I bought some weights for $2, a water bottle, a back support strap, and a another dvd called.."Tank Top Arms, Bikini Belly, Boy Shorts Bottom" LoL!! I was gonna get this one called Bootcamp something but dh started saying how he didnt want the word bootcamp in his house..LMAO..He's a moron sometimes, lol.

So goals for today:

clean up living room
run the dishwasher
take a nice hot shower
read my book
go to the movies
drink water
eat healthy

upswife
01-17-2008, 01:53 PM
They may be morons but they are our morons and we love them anyways!

suetalks
01-17-2008, 02:10 PM
Good afternoon ladies. We also got snow, but not as much as Jane, and I am not as enthusiastic about it as she is. I do not love snow.

I slept a little late due to DH and I getting back late last night. We decided to drive down south to a riverboat for the day. Nice drive and a nice day together. On the way home we had to sit through a major accident clean-up. I couldn't find anything about it this morning, but I am praying no one was seriously injured. DH saw them carry a child to the ambulance.

So far today I have been cleaning..and more to do. DH went to Lowe's and bought the new type light bulbs, 30 of them. He went around and changed bathroom and bedroom lights. Now I want to clean fans and fixtures. Would you believe we still have 22 more lights that need bulbs? Yowser! Good thing they were on sale...gotta go back for more.

Francie- You made me feel totally lazy so I am going to get back to my WATP today. I always have to start over at the 1 mile until I get back in the swing of it. I must admit, I love the kick backs and sometimes just do them during tv commercials. DH looks at me strange when I get up and march in place and do kick backs. LOL

Ellen- Heres hoping you get through your list today. I had always been a list person when I was raising kids and trying to keep house, a job and all. (I worked away from home off and on) Now that we are retired I make lists if we are going away so I don't forget things, but otherwise not. I do have to write notes to DH and myself if there is something on the agenda...we are so forgetful.

Jane- Come in from the snow lady, you will freeze! I envision lots of snow angels around your house. Wow, now you get to plan a party even earlier than the original wedding. Great that the kids are doing what they feel good about. And think of the money saved. The dress sounds lovely and I am sure Katie will look beautiful in it. Are they telling anyone about the elopement/details?

Mindee- Thank you for your help. I will check out your myspace later. Hope Marissa doesn't have a rough time with the teething. I barely remember those days...my babies are so OLD. :) Yikes, that makes me so OLD. :(

Hi Sassy, Good to see ya. Hope you have a fun week-end and can get back on track. That is something I am having trouble with. I did so well when I could get outdoors and exercise, but I hate this inactivity. Planning the WATP later today. I have one with inspirational music and it always lifts my spirits.

Cristina- You my friend are an inspiration also. You have done so well and seem to be positive about your work out and eating. I need to "slap myself around" a little to get back on track.

Jules- I know you are just squeezing and loving on that baby. They grow so quickly, so enjoy!

Marti- Where are you? Have a good week-end.

All this talk about reading and I finally picked up a book again. I hadn't started one since I finished a Christmas Promise, right after the holidays. Now I am on to a murder mystery, "The Body in the Snowdrift." I read whatever is passed my way from 2 sis'-in-law. I also buy used books from our library every year for 25 or 50 cents. Then I pass them on. When we travel I stick one of the cheap paperbacks in my bag and if I finish it on the trip I can just lay it down for someone to "find" or throw it away. I have probably 30-40 books here to read, but I don't keep very many books. They have to be special or hardbacks before I keep them. I used to have books piled sky high and I just don't want to do that again.

Well, off I go to finish the cleaning and get in WATP.

Have a good day chickies.

Shopaholic1204
01-17-2008, 02:15 PM
Sue~That totally cracked me up..Because I do the same thing!!!!! LMAO!!! Last night, dh was uploading some songs onto his computer and I was bored so I stood up and started marching in place..and he's like.."what are you doing?!?!" and I sat down real quick and I was all "you saw nothing." LOL!!

FrouFrou
01-17-2008, 04:00 PM
Hello ladies...

SUE...aaahhhh, thank you! That means a lot to me. :hug: I am doing my best to stay postive because one negative thought would be all it would take to just stop. I am definitely on a roll and plan to keep on truckin', lol. I am with you...I do NOT like the snow. I too will look at the library...have found some decent (hardcover) books for .25, can't beat that. I say we all ship to Jane! Sad about the wreck, hope no one was seriously injured.

FRANCIE...yeppers, I've read those two by Janet. I'm wanting to get Lean Mean, Thirteen but I swear everytime I get to the bookstore I see something else. I could easily spend thousands there in one day. But I keep it down to 2 books when I go depending on the price. If they are not marked down and about $25 I will just get one, but if I get one cheaper I will get two or three like I did the other day, lol. They always have those bargain books and I always find some there. Yay to book 5 and the Target toys! :yay: I started book 4...True Believer by Nicholas Sparks, so far, so good. Oh, I did go an dsign up at the goodreads site...I like it an dneed to spend more time there. Even got DD to sign up too!

JANE...I always thought a V-Day or a Christmas Wedding would be so nice. Maybe they will do it on V-Day...are they going to City Hall/Justice of the peace, a chapel somewhere or do you know? I bet the dress is pretty!

SASSY...yay for your weekend finally being here! :yay: :yay: Thank you for the hugs! I am better but I think I over did it a little today...so not doing any exercise. Of course I said that yesterday and ended up walking some. I just feel weird if I don't do any. So how are you doing missy?

MINDEE...like Sue, I can't remember when the kids were teething, so very long ago. I remember other things they did, but not the teething. Hope you are feeling better. DS & DD are feeling bad today and I told them to stay away from me! V is just getting over a cold too. I have had my share of something since Christmas Day and I don't want anything else.

ELLEN...I've read Tom Clancy before, I like him too! I've got several favs...Catheirne Coulter, Janet Evanovich, Nicholas Sparks, Kristin Billerbeck, Sue Grafton (although, I've taken a break from her for a while) Fern Michaels, Mary Higgins Clark, Kathy Reichs, John Grisham, Jennifer Weiner, John Saul, Belva Plain, Lisa Gardner and James Patterson...geez, that's a lot, lol! But I do venture onto others as well. Love that you and Francie have the lists. And yes, they are our morons and we love them , lol!

Had my grocery shopping to do today. I was in the frozen food section and looked to the right and saw Birds Eye steamed veggies, thought of you Francie. Then off to the bank and post office and home thank goodness. I swear the worse the streets are the worse people drive...just so rude. We did get 1.5-2 inches of snow and because these dummies were shipping salt off to other states they are cutting back on the salt mixture they put on the streets...dumb I tell ya, dumb! But, even though it's not supposed to get too warm today it is melting. But, lol...that means the melted stuff will freeze tonight. Oh well, I don't have to get out in it tomorrow. Sticking around the house and getting things done. It was a nice -1 degree this morning when I went out, brrrr. Seemed like the perfect day for a pot of chili...have my pinto beans cooking now, yum! Anywho...

Hope everyone is having a grand day!

Marti
01-17-2008, 06:26 PM
Quicky for now:

We are backing up files off our computer but I managed to sneak in a minute to let ya all know what I'm up to.

Also working on our bathroom. Tearing up the wallpaper right now.

Don't worry about me, I'm around just not on the computer.

Will pop back in when we're finished!

Hugs to you all!:hug:

tommysgirl18
01-17-2008, 07:36 PM
hello ladies...how are you all doing?

Rissa is doing better today. Now, if I can stay out of the bathroom long enough to be productive, it would be great! I did manage to get everybody, including myself, to take a nap today. So, that was somewhat productive!

Ellen~ Thanks for the nice words....she is feeling better. I am feeling a little bit better.....now if I can get my stomach to cooperate with the rest of my body!

Jane~ That is great to hear that Katie found a dress! that sounds like the plan of them possibly getting married on Valentine's day!

Francie~ I will have to look for that workout DVD.

Sue~ Not a problem about myspace! Marissa is doing better...she seems to think that she needs to eat soup and sandwiches with us for dinner. But she was just eating a biter biscuit a couple minutes ago.

I just stuck my finger in Marissa's mouth and sure enough, the stinker has a tooth through! So, now let's hope that her teething goes smoother now that she has one through.

Cristina~ I am trying to stay away from Tommy so that he doesn't get sick. But usually it goes through all the kids, then me, and then Tommy. So, I am trying to nip it in the bud before he gets it.

Marti~ It is good to hear from you!

jules1216
01-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Mindee--Teri is already asking when Nick will be getting teeth. He's been such a great baby. He hasn't been fussy for the most part. He did give her a day yesterday though. He kept taking little cat naps of an hour or less most of the day and into the night. She was exhausted.

Marti--there are days I lurk but don't post. Somedays after being on the computer all day I just don't feel like typing. Good luck with the bathroom renovation.

Cristina-what's this good reads site?? I cant wait to see what happens to Stephanie next myself. We got 4 1/2 inches of snow. The main roads were good but the back road we live on hadn't even been plowed!! We got stuck coming up the driveway. Hubby plowed and then drove the car up. Ry got me a $25 dollar Borders gift card I need to go spend.

Francie--too funny about the marching in place...That exercise dvd sounds pretty good. The only boyshorts my butt has seen in a long while are hubby's boxers

Sue--that's a great idea about leaving the paperbacks--I used to do that when I went to the laundomat. There are a couple of groups around here that have people donate books and then they have huge sales. I usually give mine then and I also take them to Goodwill for others to enjoy.

Jane--I bet Katie is going to look so pretty. Is their anniversary coming up?? Dave keeps trying to talk Teri into getting married again but Marshall really hurt her--she thought they were going to be together forever. She did tell Dave if they do get married she wants a huge wedding in the park. She regrets just going to the courthouse with just me there.

Ellen--I am doing good with taking my vitamins and now I need to start filling my water bottle and drinking it!! I am going to have to join your list making.

Sassy--I for one could never forget you!!

Well I am going to hit a couple more places and go hang out with hubby.

suetalks
01-17-2008, 11:53 PM
Tammy- I forgot to ask what color you are going to paint?
Marti- Tell us about the bathroom reno. Colors and decor?
Jules- I am sure glad we didn't get that snow. What little we got melted quickly.
Cristina- We had chili tonight and I made up 2 bowls for the freezer. Mom can fix them when we are gone if she wants.
Mindee, Francie, everyone else...Hi again and good night.

Okay...just a quick pop in. I did a little WATP, but not as much as I wanted. Got sidetracked with a long phone call.

Shopaholic1204
01-18-2008, 02:02 AM
Just stopping by to say a quick hello & goodnight to everyone. Dh leaves in about 2 hours, so I'm gonna go try and get some sleep next to him, lol. Oh ya..we finally saw Sweeney Todd today..OMG!! Great movie!! I totally loved it!!! I want to marry Johnny Depp asap, lol.

Shopaholic1204
01-18-2008, 02:07 AM
Oh ya..I 4got to add this..

I hope everyone has a goodnight and sleeps well.

tommysgirl18
01-18-2008, 04:13 AM
just a quick pop in since Marissa seems to be stirring again.

I am feeling better....but I don't want to jinx myself too much. Marissa is better....come to find out, the stinker popped one of her bottom front teeth through! so that is why she is in a better mood!

Jules~ I remember those days! For the most part, all three of mine are angels.....the boys just tend to be angels when they are sleeping! I'm just kidding......they can be angels at other times as well.

Jane
01-18-2008, 07:09 AM
TGIF!! (I don't know why I say that, since I don't have a job, and all my days are the same, lol/.

Marti - how's the bathroom coming along? It will look so different when you're done! Please share pics.

Sue - what do you think of this cold weather! Supposed to be in the teens in the morning. Maybe it will kill off some of the germs going around! I quit keeping books, too, except for my John Grisham and Sue Grafton ones, which I buy in hardback. I do have a few very, very special ones that I've kept, but not many.

Cristina - I don't know where they're going to get married, she won't say, lol. A tiny part of me wonders if they'll do it when we're at Disney. We'll be there on both their birthdays. Her's is March 3 and his is the 6th. But Valentine's Day is my first guess.

Jules - glad to hear the baby is not too fussy. Sometimes they get gas, or something, and cry so much!

Mindee - glad little 'Rissa got the tooth through! Jackson's going through the same thing!

Ellen - I agree with Julie, your lists are inspiring! I'm a list maker but just never did it here. The older I get, the more I need my lists, lol.

Francie - my DD Katie wants to marry Johnny Depp, too. Sounds like you got some good bargains at Target.

Sassy - thanks for the congrats.

Mary Kate and Angie - I miss you both! Please pop in, ok?

I'm having a tough time staying OP, and need a good, swift kick in the butt. I dont know what's the matter with me! I'll do great one day, and pretty darn bad the next. :dizzy: I do have some stress going on, so maybe that's it. Mary's dh got laid off, and is having trouble finding work because of his neck surgery history. No matter how old they are, it's hard to not worry about your kids.

Have a good one, ladies!

upswife
01-18-2008, 02:23 PM
Hello ladies! TGIF too, but Jane is right, I don't work anymore, so all my days are the same. Trying to hold on here...too much eating out this week. My girls had me almost in tears yesterday, so I fell into bad habits and wanted to stuff my face. We had chinese, very little of the fried stuff, so I am hoping that it won't hurt too much. All of my lists this week have not really helped. lol I still have a load of laundry to fold, and my kitchen is a mess! Water is getting better I drank about half my bottle yesterday, I also had a coke zero and like 4 cups coffee.

I broke routine this morning, Iam going to the gym this afternoon when DS gets home from school. Being in second grade has it's perks...he does not get homework on Friday's so it make it easier for me.

Just about lunch time for the girls and me, I am thinking PB&J's for them and a big salad for me. Hopefully my weekend won't be so full this week, so I will beable to pop in and see everyone!!!

Later chicas!

Shopaholic1204
01-18-2008, 02:35 PM
TGIF to you too Jane!! But I dont work so ya..lol. We went to dinner last night and I had a steak, baked potato & a side of veggies, which turned out to be just brocoli, lol. I felt really bad about it, so we ended up walking around Walmart Supercenter a few dozen times, lol. I'm sure they think we're casing the place now.

I have zero motivation today. Dh left at 1am..and then my stupid cats kept meowing at the top of their lungs, at 6am, for me to open the door to let them in. I'm sooooooooo tired, and all I wanna do is sit on the couch and never get up. I did walk 1 mile this morning. I might do more after lunch..but for now..blah.

I'm thinking that I'm just gonna rest for the rest of the weekend..and then on monday I'll start taking Alli. I need that extra motivation...We'll see..

Marti
01-18-2008, 03:13 PM
Another quicky here!

:wave:

Busy and need to get the wallpaper off today! (kind of stopped to make my birthday dinner since we'll be gone Saturday)

I'll try to pop in later.

And...I'll post before and afters of the bathroom when it's finished.

Hugs to ALL of you! :hug:

pattygirl63
01-18-2008, 06:27 PM
Hello Ladies

Y'all have really been busy around here. I too have OP days and off lately and I just haven't had the heart to write. Can't seem to stick to one diet. I guess that is what makes IE so apealing to me. Just learn to eat when I'm hungry and eat what I'm hungry for. I have worked up to 1/2 mile a day on my stationary bike and I am drinking loads of water. It's been cold here too and we also got snow Wednesday night and havee it in the forecast for tomorrow. Won't be able to get up the hill to go to church Sunday if it does. I hate that as I really wanted to go Sunday.

Jane - DH and I planned a V-day wedding, but when he flew to TX to see me and meet my family, we decided to go ahead and get married on January 27th while he was there and drive back to his home in FL where he lived then. We did that to save money. I called a minister friend of mine and my precious friends got busy and planned my wedding for me at that ministers home. We couldn't have done it any better if we had waited and done it ourselves. Friends did a video and we have it on tape.

Well, I just want posp n and say hello and to let you know I'm still here and still hanging in there. Like Jules I lurk a lot of times, but I'm just not in the mood to type anything. I'm glad those of you who've been ill are doing better. Hope everybody else is doing well.

Hugs,
Trish

tommysgirl18
01-18-2008, 06:33 PM
Hello ladies….how are you all doing?

Nothing new on this end…..just hanging out at home waiting for Tommy to get home. He had some errands to run after work. Marissa is doing better today. I wao s feeling in her mouth, and I believe I felt yet another tooth that has popped through. So she is just like her brothers and is trying to push a whole mouthful through at once!

Jane~ I hope Jackson has an easier time with his teething. Marissa was a little pistol but now that she has gotten a couple to pop through, she is handling it all better.

I do have to add that living in my bathroom helped with the scale and for me to get some things straightened out! I am down a pound, so that is nice to see. I do have to add also, that I had more energy today then I did yesterday. I decided to mop the kitchen floor and bathroom floor, which is a chore in itself for me since I am allergic to pine trees, and our cleaning product is Pinesol! I also cleaned out the top of our coat closet and got rid of old phone books that needed to be gotten rid of.

Ellen~ Good luck with getting every thing done!

Francie~ How is your Friday going? I have thought about taking the Alli, but it just seems so expensive. I will have to look more into it before I do anything else.

Marti~ It is good to hear from you!

Shopaholic1204
01-18-2008, 07:01 PM
Mindee~I bought the starter kit from Walmart, and my friend got it from someplace else (I'll ask her where because I forgot). It wasn't that expensive. I'm pretty sure I'll be starting it on monday..I'll let you know how it goes.

Well..lets see..I hurt my jaw eating lunch and now it hurts to open my mouth. I'm considering this a blessing. My vitamin got stuck in my throat and I totally flipped out thinking I was gonna choke to death...but I drank more water and it went down, lol. THEN I stepped on my cat when I was trying the bellydancing dvd..and now she's hiding from me :( I broke a nail trying to peel my orange, so I just ate an apple instead..lol. I'm getting injured doing everything except working out!! OH..I tried the exercise ball and I love it!! My inner thighs hurt in a good way. So ya..its been an interesting couple of hours. Right now I'm just watching Gilmore Girls & playing on my DS. So ya..lol.

How is everyone else's friday??

tommysgirl18
01-18-2008, 07:02 PM
Trish~ we must have been typing at the same time. You got married on my brother's birthday, and the day before Tommy's birthday.

tommysgirl18
01-18-2008, 07:04 PM
Francie~ I will have to look more into it. I don't tend to eat a lot of fried fatty foods, which is what it gets you away from right? I believe I checked out our Wal-Mart and it was $60 or something like that at the time. I will check on their website to see if the price has gone down.

Jane
01-18-2008, 09:48 PM
See you at # 285.