Old 01-11-2008, 07:46 AM   #1  
Right track to health!

S/C/G: 150/131/130

Height: 5'3''-5'4''

Smile Persistance and self love is the key

I want to start off by saying that the people on this forum are very helpful and have been and still is part of what's inspiring me to take better care of myself. I've been struggling with food since I was a child. I'd binge and starved myself, and exercised and starved myself and then it got to a point where I just binged. I didn't know how to eat normally.I'd either eat or did not eat...an awful cycle. My calories would be as little as 600 and as much as 2990+!!I'd have a one or two meals a day and at wierd timings...that just screwed me up mentally and physicaly. So this year (late 2007 and early 2008 and will continue).I decided to teach myself how to eat normally 3 meals with snacks in between and learn that exercise should not just be to burn every single calorie you put in you body but should be balanced with a healthy eating plan. I know this doesn't sound like much but it is big step for me because I've never done this before. During the christmas holidays I'd practiced how to eat 1300-1700 calories per day and with properly spread out meals. There were moment where I slipped up becuase I just felt uneasy because this was new to me. I kept pushing myself. I didn't keep weight loss in mind but wanting to be healthy. Finally, now that school has started again I've gone 8 days without a single binge. Todays Friday and I've pulled through 5 days with a structured eating plan and didn't give in to stress. During stressful times I've learned to take care of myself and not punish myself by binging or starving. I still got a lot to learn but i'm taking it a day at a time!
journey2happiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:54 AM   #2  
Rebecca

S/C/G: 335/ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Awesome! That's great about the abstinence!
Are you also working the steps and attending meetings? It's easy to only focus on the food part of OA and not work the steps or come to meetings. That is how I relapsed and ended up gaining my weight back. I am abstinent now and feel great but I'm also working hard at my steps and reading, and going to meetings.
yummymummyOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 02:09 PM   #3  
Right track to health!

S/C/G: 150/131/130

Height: 5'3''-5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by yummymummyOA View Post
Awesome! That's great about the abstinence!
Are you also working the steps and attending meetings? It's easy to only focus on the food part of OA and not work the steps or come to meetings. That is how I relapsed and ended up gaining my weight back. I am abstinent now and feel great but I'm also working hard at my steps and reading, and going to meetings.
Gee thanks!! I am attending group meetings for eating disorders that takes place once a week. Today I decided to request a sponsor so I hope that will workout for me. All it takes is to take it a step and a day at a time!
journey2happiness is offline   Reply With Quote