40-Somethings - new and needing support

View Full Version : new and needing support

linda25590
01-10-2008, 02:53 PM
hi just joined fc and would like some buddies to take my mind of food. i am 48 and married for 30 years with 3 grown up sons. i think i have empty nest syndrome. i have a good week on my diet and am feeling that the effort is well worth it. (early days yet) . contact me cu linda:hug:

way2fluffy
01-10-2008, 09:04 PM
Linda,
Tried to private message but you have to have had 10 previous to do it. So I'd be happy to buddy up.....if you prefer e-mail let me know!
I'll be with an empty nest in five years....I've been a mom since I was 20, so I will be expecting some great advice from you!
Fluffy

Izzy906
01-14-2008, 05:45 PM
I tried to private message you also and it said I didn't have enough messages either. Guess this makes it # 8 !! I will get it to 10 and try again. I am here and wanting some "buddies" and support too!

Izzy

Dtrmndtosucceed43
01-14-2008, 09:49 PM
Hi, Izzy, Fluffy, and Linda. I am new too and looking for encouraging buddies. My daughter has left the nest and I have a son who is autistic and will never leave the nest. So, I suppose I am a half empty-nester! :)

Michele

GeeCee
01-19-2008, 10:08 PM
Another newbie here....hello! :wave:

Jaelini
01-20-2008, 03:39 PM
And yet another newbie here :) Not just to forum, but to weight loss (the need for it, that is--I was in denial for a while...LOL! 8+ years or so...)

All mine are still at home...21yo ds, college bound (again)--18yo dd in college now, and wanting to fly the coop for good already -- & 14yo dd who offers up more sunshine than any one family deserves :) We're blessed to have a tight-knit crew!

Izzy906
01-21-2008, 09:32 PM
Hi Gee Cee and Jaelini,

Welcome to our little world of support. Linda, dtrmndtosucceed, fluffy and I are all in the same boat looking for support. I have been doing some private messaging with them and would love to have you both as more support. Feel free to message me.

Izzy

denspatti
01-22-2008, 02:13 PM
Hey all....newbie here also and in need of some support. have been on the diet for only 6 days now, but oh boy do I want some real food (meaning heavy). I am 48, 29 yr old daughter, but I have 3 stepsons age 20 down to 11. I just thought I had an empty nest LOL. Let me hear from some of you.

Patti

Cubby1
01-26-2008, 12:19 AM
Hi Linda,
I'm new as well and I'm also 48 and I have one son who is 23. I know the empty nest feeling. And I had a pretty good week on my diet and hope to keep going this time. I had lost over 100lbs several times now, My problem is keeping the weight off. What plan are you using?
Linda

just get it done
01-27-2008, 03:57 PM
Hi Gals, I too would love too join in if I may? I'm 45 with two sons and I'm going thru the empty nest syndrome myself and would love to have someone to chat with. I found out last week that I'm going to be a granny so I'm super excited about that. I've been exercising now for about two weeks and now beginning to modify my diet. I have about 50 pounds that I would like to lose forever.

soon to be slim
01-27-2008, 06:54 PM
WOW!!! Hi all.........yes you guessed it i'm also new.I am 47 single no kids but still looking:dizzy: I hope i can join in:carrot: Linda

dgramie
01-28-2008, 09:46 AM
IM new also. BUt not new to dieting. Seems like i am forever dieting and then regaining the weight.I am a mom to 3, and my nest will be empty in aug. I cant imagine what its going to be like without her home. I miss the others so much. I have a 24 yr old son who just got married and a 22 yr old daughter and an 18 yr old senioir in high school. I would love to have friends to help me get this weight off. I am counting calories. Yesterday was day 1 and i did great.

soon to be slim
01-28-2008, 04:45 PM
Hi linda..thanks for the welcome:D............and debimitch.. i am also counting cals;) Linda:)

plumbeus
02-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Hi there, i've just signed up too. I'm going to join ww on Wednesday and as i don't own scales i think i am in for a bit of a shock, if fitting in to my clothes is anything to go by! I'm trying to get into the right frame of mind between now and Wednesday and thought this would be the place to get some encouragement!

Is it just me or is it much harder to lose weight in your forties......

linda25590
02-03-2008, 04:28 AM
A BIG WELCOME to way2fluffy,izzy906,dtermndtosucceed43,geecee,jaeli ni,denspatti,cubby1,just get it done,soon to be slim,debimitch,plumbeus. I hope you are all still on plan. feel free to post private messages i will try to give as much encouragement as i can. keep strong

Linda

soon to be slim
02-03-2008, 08:33 AM
Hi Linda...because of birhdays i'm starting this week, but can't wait to get the weight off!..........In 1992 i lost 100 pounds and kept if off until 2 years ago when i broke my arm then it was like i stuck a tube {you know where} and blew up 40 pounds, plus i started menopause so i am praying it comes off at least 10 to 8 pounds a month like before, if not then:tantrum: Linda:D

dush
02-06-2008, 11:46 AM
Wow, I haven't been to this site in so long. I am so happy to have remembered it. I am "motivated" at least for now...it seems so hard to put enough "good" days together to make a huge difference. At any rate I am about to turn 46. I have been married for 27 years and have two grown sons, (24 & 21). They are both on their own, oldest in college youngest trying to find himself...(sigh a big source of stress for me and my husband). a any rate I'd LOVE to have support and to offer any advice and support that I can. I am fairly active, work FT, play tennis and go to the gym (occasionally) and yet I find myself 40 lbs overweight. UGH. This seems like the place for me!

Dianne

soon to be slim
02-06-2008, 11:13 PM
:welcome: dush:hug:

sznn
02-07-2008, 12:57 PM
Hi - I am new to this board, but not to WL or 3FC. Been around awhile, started with LA weight loss, great board + the program worked for me. Slacked off about a year and a half ago and regained 15lbs.
So here I am trying to remove those pesky lbs - just can't seem to get back into the zone for some reason.
At the moment I am laid up at home with a broken leg - so exercise is not happening. I have switched to calorie counting and am trying to stay in the 1400 range, because I am basically sedentary.

I am 44, no kids, just 2 fur beasts.

-Susan

soon to be slim
02-08-2008, 04:33 PM
:wel3fc:sznn... I know how you feel, i lost 100 pounds kept it off for 13 years then broke my arm 3 years ago and bang 45 pounds up:dizzy: I'm counting cals. I tried low carb but it's no good for me. I also have pets.............all 7 of them cats and dogs:dizzy: talk to you soon. Linda;)

linda25590
02-13-2008, 05:26 AM
hi all
just got back yesterday from my hols, have put on 2lbs but back on plan now. nice to see all the new posts. hope you are all doing well

Chris
02-14-2008, 10:01 PM
Hey Soontobeslim -- I'm relatively new as well and from Canada, actually Ontario. Where are you from?

Chris

zoeqt
02-15-2008, 01:03 PM
What a wonderful site! I stumbled upon it by accident yesterday and am hooked. My name is Ginni, I'm 48yo, married 31 years with 3 kids. Two(28yo son & 21yo daughter) are out of the house and a 30yo son with autistic tendencies and mental ******ation will be with us for a while yet. We have an 18 month old grandson who is the light of my life!

We have 2 pets-a very sweet German Shepherd Dog named Zoe and a cat named Emily.

I've struggled with weight & ED issues most of my life and have lost & gained 100s of lbs. Two yrs ago after beginning Curves I lost 60 lbs...this past holiday season gained 10 of it back and really don't want to continue the spiral. It's amazing how much of this is in my head-the way I think and view food.

I have been so inspired by this site-THANK YOU!

chick_in_the_hat
02-16-2008, 01:48 PM
:wel3fc: zoegt!!

cinderpa
03-11-2008, 11:24 PM
Hi there. I too am new just joining today. I am also 48 years old, married with 3 step children. I hope we can all support each other along our journey to thinness and health.

Queenswear
03-26-2008, 12:39 PM
Hi everyone!
Newbie here, hoping for some great support from all of you (amazing women here!!!!!). I'm 42, two stepdaughters 12 & 15 (yeouch!) and a new business and too many pounds. It's so easy to just grab whatever is available to eat and keep working. My biggest problem is that I don't eat all day and eat all night, from about 8:00-11:00 or so. I know that's why I can't lose these pounds. I'm swimming a few days a week now, hope that will help but I have a huge job starting tomorrow that will be a few weeks in duration and probably 16 hour days so I am worried that I won't have time to swim. Gotta stay focused and you all are such a great help! I've only lurked for years now so it's time for me to actually write!!! Nice to see you all here....
QueensWear

gypsylthr
04-07-2008, 06:03 PM
Hello, I'm 43, divorced (for longer than I can remember), no kids. Have done the weight-loss thing on my own about 10 yrs. ago. Lost over 35 lbs. and kept it off quite a while. But after moving cross country, I've felt like I'm on vacation - so many new restaurants to try. Doesn't help that I'm a foodie and starting a business using my culinary arts degree. Have put on 30 lbs. in the past 3 yrs. Harder to take it off this time, so have upped the time at the gym and joined weight watchers. Yes, I know the nutrition stuff, and can help others with their diets, but don't do it for myself - go figure!
Just found this board a week or so ago. Looking forward to taking this journey with others this time around.
:grouphug:

snowgator
05-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Hi all, I"m an empty nester too. I'm single, and have one daughter who started college last fall. She did great her first year, and I fell apart. No need to prepare nutritious meals for just me...you get the idea.