Old 01-10-2008, 12:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/205/149

Height: 5'7

Red face New to 3FC, new to ohio

Hello!

I joined 3FC last night, and wasn't sure where to begin. I've been searching hundreds of forums and message boards and found this to be the best one. Reading other peoples experiences and tips are already starting to help me feel like I'm not alone in this. I recently moved to Ohio with my husband, and feel like I'm starting all over again having to make new friends and meet new people. Being overweight doesn't make it any easier. I'm really hoping to meet new people in my area that can relate to my situation and just have someone to talk to. Is there anyone out there in the Columbus, OH area, specifically more Reynoldsburg, who can at least point me in the right direction? Thanks for any help!
mandajuned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 12:46 PM   #2  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

I'm definitely a bit north of Ohio, but I'm sure there are a few people here from there.

However, geography isn't stopping most of us from sending out a ton of support to others, and giving us someone to talk to freely!
For the most part, pretty much everyone here can find someone to relate to. From what I've experienced, everyone here is fantastic at giving advice and help when you need it-- welcome to 3FC!
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:32 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Welcome! Glad you found 3FC, it really is a wonderful place to come for support!!

You might have good luck finding someone from Ohio if you post in the Introductions forum, as more people aside from just 20-somethings post there (though you might be looking for someone your own age, in which case, you're in the right place).

Otherwise good places to meet people would be gyms, weight watchers meetings, Curves, TOPS meetings, etc... There are tons of places to make sure you get the support you need. And if all else fails, we're here and happy to help
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:42 PM   #4  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

mandajuned,

You will find tons of support and encouragement here.

Good luck!
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

I have also just recently moved to another state...Tennessee...and I understand how hard it can be. 3FC is a great place to start!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote