UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2002, 08:18 AM   #1  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

Exclamation Calorific weekend ahead!!!

Now I am feeling quite motivated but I need some help!! I am off to Milton Keynes this weekend to stay with the inlaws. The first week of Feb hold birthdays for MIL, FIL,SIL,SIL's Boyfriend and myself. So we are up there for mega birthday celebrations, now I am all for doing these things and celebrating birthdays but can feel the panic rising!!

A few words of encouragement please!!

Plus I will be away from the computer for a whole weekend!!

HELP!!
Old 02-01-2002, 09:05 AM   #2  
Theres no stopping me now

I'm not very good at saying no when they is lots of yummy looking food on the go. The only way I 'attempt' to get through these kinds of things is 'small helpings' I try and only have a little of each of the good things on my plate. If someone else is serving ask for just a little, but then if they are a diet sabbotager you usually end up with more than usual, so I try & leave half of it on the plate. Not easy when it's sitting there shouting "eat me eat me".

If you are eating out you could always skip the starters & have fruit for a sweet, most restaurants have fruit, even if it's not listed on the menu and only by asking can you have a plain banana or apple do you get one.

As for boozing, for the last couple of weekends, I've been having on alcoholic drink follwed by a large diet soft one, then an alcoholic one, then a soft one, means I only drink half the amount I used to, has to be an improvement.

All this takes will power, which very often I don't have enough off. Good luck, enjoy yourself and have a nice birthday

Carol
Old 02-01-2002, 09:36 AM   #3  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Well...... if it was me...... and there were all those celebrations..... and I was deprived of my computer (shudder) ..... I think I would just say to myself that this is one weekend out of the rest of my life and I would eat, drink and have a really good time and start afresh on Monday! After all - life is for living.....

Sorry if I'm not being very helpful here....
Old 02-01-2002, 12:42 PM   #4  
Pending Email Confirmation

I agree with you Sarah provided its kept to one weekend. Me, I'd think I've blown it now. The important thing to try to do is get back into gear, but you are quite right, life is for living!!
Old 02-01-2002, 05:47 PM   #5  
diva of the diet

Thanks for the words of wisdom folks. Hope you all have a good weekend.
I'll be back on Sunday evening!!
Old 02-02-2002, 06:20 AM   #6  

Wink partytime

Hi T.P.

When presented with a eating problem like yours, I tend to pick the garnishing lettuce and bits and pieces to cover the plate then you only need to take very little of the naughty things.
Not caught up with everything yet am VERY TIRED
regards,
Viv
Tizme2000
Old 02-03-2002, 04:03 PM   #7  
diva of the diet

I,m back,it has been a great weekend and I feel a stone heavier!! It was a good night out on Saturday night, too many glasses of vino collapso and I hit the SC&O pringles when I got back to my SIL's.
We went out to lunch today and had a fabulous meal at The Old Beams at Shenley Lodge, near Bletchley. I can recommend it if any of you are in the area!!
None of us had desserts.............huge portions so no room for pud.No alcohol today either.
MIL had got a new rotisserie so on Sat eve we had a good meal at home, rotisserie chicken, jacket poys and salad, I left the table before the desserts, chocs etc arrived.

So it is back to it now and hope not too much havoc has been caused to the diet!!

Hope you have all had a good weekend.
Closed Thread