100 lb. Club - Are you naked when you do it?

View Full Version : Are you naked when you do it?

Eileen2bLean
01-09-2008, 03:54 PM
Weigh in, that is. ;)

Do you wear certain clothes? Shoes or no shoes? Wait until a certain time of day?

Do you have like some kind of a ritual for weighing in?

Or am I like the only weirdo in the group? I don't get naked or wear certain clothes but I do have to wear a certain type of shoes. I used to take my shoes off but then I'd weigh more at my doctor's office because they don't require anyone to take their shoes off, so I started leaving them on, but to me, they have to be sneakers. I wouldn't weigh in with boots on.

I always weigh in, in the morning.

I also have this little accuracy ritual that I do. It's a digital scale so I make sure it's reset properly to zero by stepping on the scale and then off and letting it cycle through and shut off again. Then I weigh myself three or four times in a row, getting off in-between and letting the scale shut off. When I finally start getting consistent numbers, then I figure I'm done.

Okay, yeah, perhaps I'm a little OCD. :dizzy:

OK Lizzy
01-09-2008, 03:59 PM
I bet everyone reads your post! VERY intriguing start to it!
If I'm weighing at home, I weigh in my nightgown, immediately after going to the bathroom early in A.M. -- I won't let myself take even a tiny sip of water. Yes, I'm a little OCD also.
If I'm weighing at work (I work at a school, and the health classroom has the big step-on type of scale), I first go to bathroom; only go after students have gone (so no one will watch); take off watch and any other heavy jewelry; take off shoes and jacket.

Nori71
01-09-2008, 04:01 PM
Yes, and I keep the lights on.:love: When I weigh myself, it's always in the morning, as I'm getting dressed. I do the on-off-on-off-on-off thing also. Just to make sure!

Cassie501107
01-09-2008, 04:01 PM
I'm naked as can be, lol! If I'm really desperate, I'll even take the ponytail holder out of my hair, because sometimes I'm convinced that will take off 10lbs, HAHA!
:lol:

Anyways! I don't weigh first thing in the am, I actually eat breakfast and workout, then weigh riiiight before I get in the shower. Weird, but I figure it's good as long as I am consistent. :)

FlabulessPhyllis
01-09-2008, 04:02 PM
I weigh myself first thing in the morning butt nekkid before i get into the shower. I only do it like once a week or i start getting obsessed with the number on the scale.

famograham
01-09-2008, 04:07 PM
I am naked when I do it...yes :yes: ;)

First thing in the morning, after going to the bathroom. I have tea every morning, but I also won't sip it until I'm done! :goodscale

I weigh one foot first...:lol: (somehow I think it'll confuse the scale from the day before.:rofl:), and then weigh three or four times in a row too!
Same thing, if I get a consistent number, I'm done.

I guess we're all a little OCD!!!! :lol3:

Linda

Eileen2bLean
01-09-2008, 04:10 PM
Oh my gosh, I feel so much better now, reading your posts! And OMG Cassie, LOL - I busted out laughing when I read that about the ponytail holder!

Thanks y'all!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-09-2008, 04:10 PM
Yep, gotta do it naked. Wake up, stretch, stumble to the bathroom, go pee, take off jammies, get on scales....three times....and go with the number that comes up the most. I do this every single morning...on-plan or off. However, only Monday's weigh-in gets recorded on my tracker and in my weight log.

Beverlyjoy
01-09-2008, 04:18 PM
I am cracking up....yes, we all have alot of this in common. I get up, pee, take off my nightie (but, have my shoes on - I don't go without shoes ever - old foot injury), weigh, get & off a couple of times.

I try to only weigh once a week - or else that number spins in my head and I go crazy. But, that's me.

dixied
01-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Absolutely naked. I get up, pee, weigh myself 3 times, get dressed, let the dog out and while she's doing her thing I take the best weight and record it into fitday.

Lifeguard
01-09-2008, 04:44 PM
I am cracking up....yes, we all have alot of this in common. I get up, pee, take off my nightie (but, have my shoes on - I don't go without shoes ever - old foot injury), weigh, get & off a couple of times.

LOL - I'm picturing you in bed with your shoes on (ok - not you, 'cause I don't know what you look like...) & then on the scale starkers except for the shoes. Hahaha!

I do the whole morning, pee, naked thing too. But I also step on the scale pretty much every time I go into the bedroom. When I moved I had to leave my scale behind 'cause I had too much stuff for the plane. First day here I had to go buy a scale - although I'm not happy with the new one. A couple years ago I was away for the summer, didn't bring the scale - I had to get dh to bring it up to me the first week - I was going crazy without it! It's kind of my security blanket. If I "feel" fat but I have that reassurance that I'm basically the same as yesterday then I know it's just a feeling.

I could NOT do the digital scale thing though - way to precise for me. It would drive me bonkers seeing it go up & down point whatever. The dial one leaves a little bit of "range" without causing me stress - lol!

BattleAx
01-09-2008, 04:44 PM
Naked, with lights on and eyes open, first thing in the morning.

I'm also one to weigh myself multiple times right in a row.

dandk0204
01-09-2008, 04:47 PM
Yes I weigh in the nude, first thing in the morning right after I pee. I also do the get on, get off, get on, get off thing just to make sure lol you never know you might lose a pound in the process. If I forget to do it and drink water I won't weigh in until the next day because I'm convinced the water added a few pounds.

wishes
01-09-2008, 04:47 PM
yeah i stumble into the bathroom when i wake up, if i need to pee i do that, then i weigh in 2-3 times for accuracy. I have had the odd weird reading hence the extra time.
I dont usually wear clothes unless its just my PJs or something light.

Purplefirefly
01-09-2008, 05:00 PM
I joing the OCD club...so glad not to be alone! I weigh everyday, several times a day. When I see it go down during the week it is huge motivation to stay on plan and not ruin it by Monday!

I weigh during the day whenever I pass by and I have learned my winter clothes add 2 lb. and summer 1 lb. i weigh right before bed and try to guess what I'll get in the AM. Then I weigh first thing AM, completely naked, cannot have even an earring on, and I step at least 4-5 times, if it's a good number I can do more just to smile at it.

I will admit something more...this morning I was down another lb and was so happy that after I dropped the kids at school I came back home, ran in there, took all my clothing off (yes Cassie, hair tie and all :lol: ) and I weighed about 3 more times. Then I didn't want to eat and ruin that beautiful number...but hormonal PMS munchies always win and I had to eat.

I am beyond obsessed! BUT it really motivates me, esp. when the number goes up and I know I have to get more strict.

Sandi
01-09-2008, 05:05 PM
Nude, right after I go to the bathroom. But just once. And I never step on any other time of the day. If I forget and I eat or drink something, then I just don't weigh that day.

CT Cabo Girl
01-09-2008, 05:09 PM
Naked, lights on, just after going to the bathroom first thing in the morning. I always make sure the top center of the scale matches up a crack in the bathroom tile just next to the toilet. LOL!!!

witchyonadiet
01-09-2008, 05:12 PM
Morning - pee first - naked - once evry two weeks on Sunday - don't mark as weight loss until I've maintained it for two weigh ins.

FrouFrou
01-09-2008, 05:13 PM
I'm posting before I even read anything because I saw this and had to be funny, lol. My first thought was "Of course I am...isn't everyone?!" :rofl:

Now I am editing, lol: I knew it was about weighing in...and yes I am naked as a jaybird...whatever that is supposed to mean.

I get up go straight to the bathroom, go potty, take my clothes off, even my rings and then weigh...every Satruday morning-first thing.

And sorry for jumping in on your thread...just saw this at the top and went for it. :D

shelbysmom
01-09-2008, 05:29 PM
yea, well atleast in my drawers!! but you know I had read somewhere e few years ago it's best to weigh at 9 am because that's the time of the day you weigh the least and by that time, you've been up for a while gotten rid of fluids and so on. that's always stuck in my head for some reason. but anyway that's when I weigh if not at 9 definitely before i leave the house. And that's why I always make my doctor appointments for 1st thing in the mornings. I guess I'm a little weirdo!!!LOL:df:

kimmieone
01-09-2008, 05:34 PM
Birthday suit approved weigh ins only. :)

Nori71
01-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Naked, lights on, just after going to the bathroom first thing in the morning. I always make sure the top center of the scale matches up a crack in the bathroom tile just next to the toilet. LOL!!!
LOL...I have an exact location on the tile for my scale also! ;)

evilwomaniamshe
01-09-2008, 05:49 PM
Every morning buck-*** naked right after my morning pee and poo! Ahem, I only weigh in once a morning, never multiple times over and over. Sounds like I am the minority here, call me the 1 weigh in wonder!!!!

lilybelle
01-09-2008, 05:50 PM
I weigh early of the morning after I pee. I leave my undies on for weighing, unless I get a bad reading, then I take them off and reweigh,LOL. I only weigh weekly and most times I forget until after I've had at least 2 cups of coffee. Then if my reading is bad, I can blame it on the coffee.

Ruthxxx
01-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Wake, pee, wash hands, floss, remove any belly button fluff, clean nails and then get on the scale. We are so silly!

famograham
01-09-2008, 05:57 PM
LOL...I have an exact location on the tile for my scale also! ;)

Me too...digitals need a flat surface you know! :lol:

Mine MUST be exactly placed on the same four smooth squares of ugly lino every day!

suesully
01-09-2008, 05:57 PM
but you know I had read somewhere e few years ago it's best to weigh at 9 am because that's the time of the day you weigh the least and by that time, you've been up for a while gotten rid of fluids and so on.

That might be true. I weigh first thing in the morning after I pee, no jammies but usually my panties. Before I get on the scale I exhale as much as I can (as if air is the cause of my weight problem!! LOL) THEN, I'll weigh again later after breakfast & doing #2 (sorry TMI) and usually that weight is lower. Regardless, I use the lowest weight. :D

GirlyGirlSebas
01-09-2008, 06:28 PM
Me too...digitals need a flat surface you know! :lol:

Mine MUST be exactly placed on the same four smooth squares of ugly lino every day!

Yep! The back of the scales must sit right on that one certain grout line.

fiberlover
01-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Totally nekkid. I get up, go #1 and hopefully #2 :D
Then weigh. Always the same day, and around the same time.

txangelgirl
01-09-2008, 07:13 PM
okay I'm gonna join the crowd here LOL...you guys are such a hoot. YES nekkid is the way... no ponytail holder (Cassie), no hair clip, no contacts in my eyeballs, and empty bladder and bowels (I am the one who thinks taking a leak will also remove at least a pound), nothing to drink or eat yet for the day (hey that's another pound right), oh and I have to stand exactly in the middle of the scale, you know, cause if I don't the number is higher (those of you with digitals its so true - see for yourself)....

And here's a new one for you....I also exhale completely and push all the air out of my lungs before I get on the scale (think: balloon) - hey that could be another couple ounces.

am I serious??? :blushing: yes, very.

Question: most of us weigh in the morning....I've always wondered why that is, why is it better to weigh in the morning? Just a thought. I might search the net on that one.
:D

purplecrush
01-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Im also a nekkid , after I pee girl, that hops on and off that sucker till I get the same (lowest) number a few times. Im glad that most of you do that..I always thought it was cheating lol

thirty3zenlane
01-09-2008, 07:20 PM
HAHA! I had to laugh at this post. Totally in the nude, though. If I "can't" be naked, the number doesn't count! Well, or I just add ten pounds for clothes and shoes. LOL. kidding.

Shy Moment
01-09-2008, 08:18 PM
I did a weigh in every two weeks at about 3:30 pm on a Wednesday lol, I went with my daughter to the docs office when she got home from school. I had a certain shirt and pair of pants that I wore for my weigh in, no shoes. Now that I am out of the 160's I will still weigh in at about 3:30 pm every two weeks on a Wednesday lol but I will wear what ever I happen to be wearing at the time.

famograham
01-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Question: most of us weigh in the morning....I've always wondered why that is, why is it better to weigh in the morning? Just a thought. I might search the net on that one.
:D

I think it's because we can weigh several pounds more at nigh due to the meals and drinks we consume during the day.
Also, by morning, our food from the night before has been digested. So if we get up, go pee and poo...we should be at our lowest possible weight!

We should try weighing ourselves in the morning and then again at night, and see the difference.

Daimere
01-09-2008, 09:34 PM
I weigh on Sunday before I eat and after I pee and have a bowel movement. Yes, I'm that picky. It's usually between 8:45-2p. On my days off, I can't wake up at the same time everyweek. I usually am naked and sometimes I even take my pony tail down. I step between 3-20 times. Usually the 20 is when I hit a mini goal or I can't believe the numbers.

If I feel like I may have a bad week, i weight the night before after eating with clothes. Then, if it's higher than the next day's I'll still feel not as bad.

gina1221
01-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Wake, put in contacts (have to see clearly those digital numbers), fix first cup of coffee (but can't take even a sip yet), potty, get naked (totally - no ponytail holder for me either), weigh (only once - trying to combat OCD), get in shower - same process EVERY day but only record "official" weight from Saturdays.

LisaF
01-09-2008, 09:56 PM
Naked, but with my glasses on - because I can't see the numbers otherwise! (Sometimes I think I would be better off that way!)

Lisa

SunshineRunner
01-09-2008, 10:16 PM
That might be true. I weigh first thing in the morning after I pee, no jammies but usually my panties. Before I get on the scale I exhale as much as I can (as if air is the cause of my weight problem!! LOL) THEN, I'll weigh again later after breakfast & doing #2 (sorry TMI) and usually that weight is lower. Regardless, I use the lowest weight. :D

Haha! This is sort of like me...I weigh first thing, after I pee...naked...then I get in the shower....apparently I'm a really dirty girl....because after I get out...(and have dried my hair) I'm usually about .5-1lbs. lighter...I also don't drink a single thing until after that occurs. :)

tingirl
01-09-2008, 11:14 PM
Oh yes I must be naked! Sounds like a lot of us have the same routine. Cassie the pony tail holder cracked me up because when we used to weigh in at work for our biggest loser contest I would make sure my legs were shaved and finger nails clipped (I was convinced that would equal at least 1/4 pound)!
Holli - I also do the breath thing. I have scale anxiety!

suesully
01-09-2008, 11:24 PM
...then I get in the shower....apparently I'm a really dirty girl....because after I get out...(and have dried my hair) I'm usually about .5-1lbs. lighter...I also don't drink a single thing until after that occurs. :)

I am HEAVIER after my shower! I figure I must be like a sponge & soak up all that water to make me weigh more after I shower. My DH weighs less after he showers but we don't EVEN want to go there. :p

txangelgirl
01-09-2008, 11:43 PM
LOLOL Robyn! Whew, nice to know I'm not alone. And for the record, I can see those huge digital numbers without my contacts just fine ;) A little too fine.... I am seriously hoping I see lower ones soon! :)

You too Sue - you crack me up. I totally feel the same way! My hair used to be so long, I like, would "gain" a pound after showering. So even though my hair is shorter, I was scarred for life by that experience ;)

math puppy
01-10-2008, 01:33 AM
shoes off, pjs on, first thing in the morn'in

oh, and somtimes i stare for a long time, willing the numbers to go down...
:)

Switzie6
01-10-2008, 09:32 AM
I'm in the OCD club too. I weigh myself first thing in the morning after using the bathroom, naked right before stepping in the shower. I weigh at least twice, until I get the same numbers twice in a row. We are funny :)

bluex
01-10-2008, 09:51 AM
In the morning right after my pee and I only do it once. I swear I gain half a pound just standing there and I hate that, so I just go with the first number and try not to think about it till the next day. It was easier when I was losing all the time but this close to goal.. it crawls.

foucault
01-10-2008, 09:55 AM
I'm just chiming in to say that I'm one of the naked/after morning pee gals. I do my business and hop on the scale about 3 to 4 times a week. I like to track my weight fluctuations during the week, and I've discovered that I generally weigh less on Sunday/Monday/Tuesday than I do the remainder of the week. I've yet to figure out why. I typically eat a little more on the weekends, but sometimes our bodies give us no rhyme or reason. I only record my weight loss once a week, though. Glad to know I'm not the only nekkid one standing on the scales before they go to work. ;-)

annie175
01-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Naked, after my morning poo....

valpal23
01-10-2008, 12:54 PM
This thread is so comforting.. yeah I actually thought everybody got their 'great number' after stepping on the scale once! I always check like 5 times on WI before I count the number. Or I weigh myself the night before to get an idea of where I'll be in the morning.

BrandNewJen
01-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Haha--- well, OCD runs in my family... but it's good to know that my "scale-related" OCD is just like everyone else's on here!

I do my morning business, all clothes removed, pull out the scale and center it directly on the same tile lines on my floor. Step on it, let it calibrate. Step on, totally straight back, stare at the exact same spot on the picture on my wall, wait... hold it... look down, step off. Tap with toe. Step on again, same routine... Repeat about 4 times until the same number shows up consistently.

I love my digital scale b/c it's so accurate compared to the dial scale... but it's too easy to get paranoid about, too! No fudging the numbers with this one!

MangoKitty
01-10-2008, 02:58 PM
My husband laughs at me because our scale is in our room (we live with his mother. yes, i know...) I weigh in Sunday morning, after i pee, as naked as possible. Last sunday i was pleased to see i lost 2 lbs and did a little happy dance. Apparently my husband found something about his wife dancing naked on the scale amusing! Who would have thought!

JasonsLea
01-10-2008, 03:03 PM
First thing in the morning, after tinkle, butt naked. I also weigh myself several times till the numbers are consistent and sometimes I weigh myself at night before bed just to see the change come morning.

BillBlueEyes
01-10-2008, 03:32 PM
First thing in the morning, after pee, starkers, on my digital scale, only once (unless I've lost or gained more than 2 pounds, then I have to wait a full minute for my scale to overcome the vapors and be ready again).

This is the funniest thread ever.

ChrissyBean
01-10-2008, 04:48 PM
I weigh starkers, first thing in the am. Before my shower, hopefully after going to the bathroom, but that doesn't happen daily. TMI, anyone?

Lyn2007
01-10-2008, 05:10 PM
I weigh every single morning after I get up, naked. I am obsessed.

tamaralynn
01-10-2008, 06:51 PM
:rofl: Yes I'm naked after my morning "duties"

dustdiva
01-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Sometimes I leave my socks on . . . :D

You all are hilarious!

Shay
01-11-2008, 07:09 PM
Of course!

kgood2005
01-11-2008, 07:13 PM
Naked. First thing in the morning after I go to the bathroom. Nothing to eat before hand.

tkglenn
01-11-2008, 07:34 PM
I guess I'm OCD also. I always weigh in right after the first potty in the morning. I try to poop too (sorry so gross but it's true) so I can get the most accurate. I wear the lightest clothes possible but if I don't have any, I will get naked. I try to stay the lightest possible so that I have an accurate reading every morning.

mj5
01-12-2008, 10:31 AM
I am totally cracking up right now! So glad I am not alone!

Yep, naked as a jay bird (really don't know what that means, but my grandmother always said it) after going to the bathroom. Glasses on only because I couldn't see w/ out them and it's too early to put contact in (otherwise I would!)

Scale MUST line up w/ a certain line on the tile...our house is old and the floors aren't terrible level....either that or it's OCD.

I weigh every am, but my 'official' weigh in is Monday am.

I remember hearing from Dr. Oz on Oprah a long time ago that this (at least am after going to the bathroom) was a good time to weigh. Don't remember why though.

Thanks for starting this thread! I'll have to remember the hair tie trick!!

heweysgirlalways
01-13-2008, 10:14 PM
and I thought it was just me!

I weigh in first thing in the morning. No drinking or eating until I weigh myself. I weigh in every morning and most of the time just in my under clothes. I also weigh myself about 4 or 5 times in a roll resetting the scales everytime.

rakel
01-13-2008, 11:16 PM
I weigh myself at several different times just to get an idea of when it fluctuates, and I've actually noticed that my weight is at it's all time low a few hours after I get up, even if I've eaten a light breakfast. I'm usually lower after I exercise too. And yes, I weigh naked most of the time, sometimes in my PJs.

SoulBliss
01-13-2008, 11:21 PM
I don't own a scale, so I weigh in at the doctor's weekly and try to wear the same outfit or a similar one, take off my shoes and hope for the best! I usually go in the morning, before breakfast.

I recently had to take some steroids and I gained a few pounds. :( I hope I won't struggle with loss during the next TBL challenge!

Leia
01-13-2008, 11:35 PM
It is too bad there isn't a poll on this. I am one of the wake up, pee, undress, weigh nekkid, then (finally) drink my first morning beverage peoples.

Guess it doesn't matter when and how if it is consistent. ;)

pamatga
01-14-2008, 03:07 PM
I also have to line my scale up with a certain tile, weigh several times, pee and yes I wish my #2 came that early but it usually comes later in the a.m. after some oatmeal or after I've walked around (I'm like a dog in that way). I agree that consistency is the main common denominator. I will appreciate it when my stomach isn't so big and I don't have to tip forward to see the teeny tiny numbers. I wish I could afford a balance beam because those things are the most accurate but then where would I put it if I had one? On the front porch? Wouldn't my neighbors love that view in the morning??

Only if I were a V.S. model, right? (they're all male and construction workers)

;)