Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-09-2008, 02:43 PM   #1  
Wife, mom, crazy woman...

S/C/G: 235/224/165

Height: 5'4"

Default Hello friends-- I am new.

Hey everyone.

My name is Gwenn. I am 30 years old and I am glad to find this group. I need some help and accountability.

I currently weigh 235 pounds. It's a long story how I ended up here (AGAIN!) but I want very badly to make better choices. The whole idea of surrendering is something I need to really work on.

I am going to pick up some OA materials and hopefully attend a meeting on MOnday (there's one in my area) if I can.

I am looking forward to meeting you and gleaning wisdom from those of you who are and have been there.

-Gwenn
ggman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:55 PM   #2  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

Welcome to the group!
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 233/190/150

Height: 5'1

Hi Gwenn nice to meet you!! I am also 30 years old and I weigh 230lbs. I started my life changing eating and excersising last week and I have lost 5lbs.
I like you LOVE did you hear me LOVE food. I could eat and eat and not stop. I don't get full, I love the taste of food. I love the feeling it gives me. I don't feel guilty after I eat I feel happy. If I could I would eat all day long.
I thought and still think about food all the time. As soon as I am done with a meal I am thinking about the next meal and how much I will be able to eat.
I had to stop this pattern. I needed to stop this pattern. I took a picture the other day and I did not recognize myself. I went shopping and I am going up a size. Clothes look horrible on me. I feel tired and depressed all the time. I don't want to see any old friends. It was a time for change. I am happy to say that I have gone a week. I still think about food but I want to eat healthy food.
Well, hopefully we can become weight loss budies and we can give each other support.

-Lydia
WeightSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:37 PM   #4  

Way to go Lydia! Let's DO be buddies!

Good job this week-- one day at a time. (or in my case, one minute at a time!)
Old 01-09-2008, 05:38 PM   #5  

Yes, I know it is possible I just need to stick to it and try and stay focused at the light at the en of the tunnel.

So, what type of foods are you eating and what type of excercise are you doing??

As for me---- Breakfast= Cereal w/skim milk
Snack= Fruit and string cheese
Lunch=Opened face wheat turkey sandwich and yogurt
Dinner= Baked Chicken, vegetable and green salad
*All day I drink tons and tons of water!!
*All my dressings and yogurts and food is low fat.
I am trying to do low calories but I am not vigourously counting calories. I am tring to take in about 1200 cal. per day. Some days a little more some a little less. I go to the gym and work out 20 min on treadmil, 10 min on bike then about 15 min of toning with weights.

Again, my biggest problem is portion size. I need to get use to eating less. What a struggle that is!!!
Old 01-09-2008, 06:57 PM   #6  

I have just started LA Weight Loss-- which is basically just an exchange program.

I try to go to the gym 5 days a week. I do 30 min of cardio (usually either stepping machine, or elliptical, although sometimes I walk.) Then I do about 15-20 min of weights (upper body twice a week and lower body twice a week). One day is my "long" cardio day, where I just do 1 hour of cardio and no weights.

I am trying to really work on the "heart" issue of this-- I know it's a problem with me being out of control, and so... that's what I m trying to process right now.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:32 PM   #7  

I totally understand!!! You just have to make this committment for yourself and no one else. You will succeed and you will feel much better at the end.

I looked into LA Weightloss but it was a little to expensive for my wallet. Therefore, I am doing my own thing and so far it looks like it is working.

When did you start?