WW Clubs and Groups - FAB & FIT 40's and 50's ! #2

View Full Version : FAB & FIT 40's and 50's ! #2

Jenny523
01-09-2008, 07:31 AM
Sorry about that glitch! I thought I had successfully posted a new thread, but when I came back it wasn't there :?:

I love the start of a New Year, hope everyone's is going well so far.

Sandy,
Good to hear your Mom is having her last treatment. You're all in my prayers and thoughts.

Dianne,
I didn't get to congratulate you on your loss :cp: Good going!

I'm not back on the wagon yet. Have been making a few changes/wiser choices.

HI :wave: to everyone.
~Jen

Sandy,
I am so happy about your mom. I hope 2008 is her year.
We will all be here for each other in this never ending quest. :grouphug:

I am on day 2 of my changed behavior for a better life. I am planning in advance and it is nice. It seems to keep me a lot more honest. I am putting in favorites and that helps. I put wine in first. Just 1/2 c. for 2 points. I will have it in front of the tree one last time. :(

TTYL,
Terri

dpadro
01-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Hi everyone:

Jen, thanks for finding me, LOL! Good going on better choices. I love a new year too - it really feels like a fresh start.

Sandy - Congrats to your mom - how great that you and your sister will celebrate with her. That's what family's all about.

Terri - Enjoy that 1/2 cup of wine - sounds good.

Well, I ddn't mention this before because it makes me feel REALLY, REALLY OLD:o but I became a great grandmother yesterday. My grandaughter Lianne had a baby girl, Gianna Rose. Lianne is a young mommy, but she has the support of the entire family, of which as you may know is a considerable amount:p Anyway, I think I'm probably one of the youngest gg's around town, lol. That's what I want the baby to call me, gg.

Hi to Es, Sandy, ZoeGirl, Claudia, Patty, Susan and anyone I may have missed.

Have a great day everyone. :grouphug:

Hugs,
Dianne

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQYTRSo/]
[img]

Dianne,
Congratulations on the baby. I am so glad to hear Lianne has such a support system. That baby is lucky too. Give the baby a big hug from us.

How is everyone? First weigh-in after starting over is in 2 days. I want to lose 15 by Valentines Day.

TTYL,
Terri

Jenny523
01-10-2008, 10:29 PM
Dianne,
What a wonderful gift you've all been given. Hug that great-granddaughter for me and God bless her. Gianna Rose is a beautiful name... good luck to evenyone!

Terri,
I love that you counted points for wine first LOL :rofl: welcome to my world.
Getting back to basics is so important. A bit each week and I'll be ready to roll.
Why is it SO easy to slip backwards.......yet so challenging to plan ahead???

Kath had a pet scan....the tumors in her lungs have gotten bigger. Plus there are more new ones. She will begin yet another round of chemo with a different drug this time. She has a good attitude. I am so proud of her, and am awed by her strength. Please pray for her.

hugs,
~Jen

Sandancy
01-11-2008, 09:12 AM
Hi Jen,

I will keep your sister in my prayers. So many people with cancer have such amazing fortitude and attitudes. My sister and I brought my mother to her last treatment yesterday and we were talking about the many other patients that we met during the course of my mother's treatments who have gone through so much.
I hope for the best outcome for your sister's chemo with the least side effects possible. I will keep you and your family in my heart and prayers.

Sandy:hug:

Sandancy
01-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Hi Everyone, Thanks for the caring messages for my mom!

Well I finally weighed in today. Ouch, I am up to 200 again, but not for long. I am planning to just focus on the first 10%, or 20 lbs. My sister keeps her weight under control by just focusing on 5 lbs at a time. She was sort of advising me to do the same. She was up to 186 a number of years ago and now maintains her weight generally in the 140's so she probably has more of a clue than I do. :lol: Of course I have to lose 5 before I can lose 20, so why not?

Diane, Big congrats on becoming a GG. It is great to have new babies in the family and to be the youngest GG ever. I expect that I will be the oldest by far just becoming a G for the first time. I have been helping a church friend with her new baby a bit and it is so wonderful to just hold a tiny new one. She told me I could play auntie anytime.

Terri, good job penciling in the fun stuff. I need to pencil in points for pizza tomorrow night as we are having a football playoff party. (Patriots, of course)

Hi Es, Susan, Pattie, Claudia, hope you drop in soon.

Sandy

Dear Jen,
I will pray hard for your sister. I'll bet you are proud of her.
There is a teacher (Brittany's favorite in all her schooling) that had Brandon and now has Bradley that was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer (One of the most fatal) 2 years ago. He is doing experimental treatment and he is doing great for now. He has to go to Texas once a month. He has such a positive attitude and is still inspiring the kids. He has tumors on his liver but the Drs. don't understand how his liver is functioning so well. When he was diagnosed his wife was pregnant with their first child. He is 36. He feels great right now and I just pray he beats this too. People faced with this have to be the strongest out there. Hug your sister for me.

Sandy,
Your mom continues to be in my prayers.
5 pounds at a time is so smart. That is a lot of goal making. If you wait to celebrate a 50 pound goal that gets disouraging. Just think you will be in ONEderland soon. YAY!!!!!

I am sticking to the special K for lunch even though I have to work today. I bought the cereal keeper from Fit n' Fresh. I also bought the salad bowl.
I am having oral surgery on Tuesday. I won't be eating much next week.
Weigh in is Saturday.
15 pounds by Valentines day.
Luv y'all,
Terri

Jenny523
01-12-2008, 09:40 AM
Thanks :hug: for the support for my sister. Joe and I are planning on driving down there (Arkansas) to spend a few days with her... if she feels up to it. She'll begin chemo on Tuesday, going once a week for 3 weeks. Our trip depends on how she feels from the new (for her) chemo drug they're trying. :crossed:

Sandy,
How is your Mother feeling? My sister said the same about meeting so many others who are going thru it. It is inspiring.
Go for those 5 pounds! I think that makes a great deal of sense. Good for your sister, she's got the right idea. I have been beyond 200 for a number of years now and it's very overwhelming to look at the big loss I need.

Terri,
Good luck with your oral surgery. What's Fit & Fresh? A brand they sell in the stores? What kind of salad bowl?
That teacher sounds like a very special person. It's wonderful that all your kids have had a chance to know him.

HI :wave: Dianne, Es, Susan, Pattie, Claudia, Zoe

~Jen

Hi Jen,
The storage bowls are at Target. The salad one has a storage place for the dressing and has a place for the fork in the lid. It also has an ice pack. The cereal one has a milk holder with an ice ring and a built in spoon. Target kept being out of them so I ordered them from Amazon. It was $21 for 2 of them. that includes s&h.

I hope your sister is up for your visit. You both will benefit so much. I just went to Arkansas for Fall break. Give her a hug from your online buddies.

I lost 5 pounds this week. 1/3 of my Valentine goal. The special K is something I look forward to. I will continue until my oral surgery and then will do after I can eat.
TTYL,
Terri

Sandancy
01-15-2008, 10:33 AM
Hi Everyone:hug:

Jen, I am so glad that you and Joe can take the time to visit your sister, she will surely be glad of your presence no matter how she is feeling. I did not recall how far she was from where you live.

Terri, :carrot: congrats on your 5 lb loss. I bet you are so motivated! Best of luck today with the oral surgery. Here's to a quick recovery!

My mom is slowly improving. She was able to enjoy getting out to dinner with me and my sister. She will have followups every 3 months for the next 2 years, but we are still up in the air about whether they will be recommending that she have chemo also. It is possible since the cancer was also in a lymph node.

In the meantime I haven't gotten back on the WW wagon yet. We are doing too much socializing with friends and with my boys and their friends. That means too many restaurant meals, and too much snack food around the house still. I am motivated but I have no self discipline yet. I will keep up with the treadmill and visiting here with all of my buddies and eventually I should kick my own butt into gear again.

Luv to all! Dianne, Es, Susan, Pattie, Claudia
and Welcome to Gail!

Sandy

dpadro
01-15-2008, 03:36 PM
Hi everyone:

Been home sick with bronchitis, but feeling much better.

Jen - Your sister is in my prayers - I hope you can visit with her, I'm sure she'd like that alot. I'm geographically challenged:p - how far do you live from Arkansas?

Terri - congrats on the 5 lbs loss :bravo: that's great, was that in one week? Are you doing the special K challenge - is that eating a bowl for breakfast for 6 weeks or something???

Sandy - so glad to hear your mom is doing well - you must feel great about that. I will keep her in my prayers as well. You'll get back on track soon - just remember, "life gets in the way sometimes". Now that you're feeling better about your mom, you'll have time to think about yourself a little. I'm with your sister re: the 5 lbs goal (for me its 1 lb., lol). I think we put too much pressure on ourselves when we think about losing 20, 30 lbs or more. One of the members said her goal was to lose 2 lbs. per week, every week and the leader explained to her that she could be setting herself up for failure, because we don't always lose 2 lbs per week. So even that kind of thinking could be overwhelming.

I lost 1.2 this week - so my total is 10.5 lbs. so far. Its taken a while to get there, like 3 1/2 months, but that's okay. Better than going in the other direction right? I haven't been to the gym this week yet because of the bronchitis, but hope to get there soon. I did get to ww though on Sat. right before going to the doctor. I haven't missed a meeting so far and I think its keeping me focused. Hi Es, amiga, how are you? Hi to ZoeGirl, Ruthie, Claudia & Patty too.

Will talk to "you's" soon.

Hugs,
Dianne

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/slider-hearts/lb/160.5/145/150/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Sandy,
Your mom will always be in my prayers. She sounds like a brave woman.
Keep us posted.
You will do well when you go back. Stay motivated.
My surgery went well. Thanks for thinking of me.

Dianne,
Congrats on your loss. You are doing so well.
I ate specialk for 5 days.. I really enjoy the one with strawberries.

Getting tired. Gotta go.
Terri

Jenny523
01-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Terri,
Take care of yourself. It's always a shock to the body. You had a great loss! :cp:

Sandy,
I'm glad to hear your Mom is improving. I am sure she loves having both daughters living close by. Don't sweat the weight. You've been thru a lot lately. What's most important is that you were there for your Mom. Now, as Dianne said, you can begin to focus on Sandy.

Dianne,
I hope you get over the bronchitis and feel better. Good going on your loss...doesn't matter how long it takes, right?

Kathie lives about 11 hours away. We're in a NW suburb of Chicago, and she's in north-central Arkansas, on Bull Shoals Lake. It's not really that bad, just have to devote a day to driving. Her home is 135 miles from the closest interstate highway! We'll be watching the weather very closely with our fingers crossed....as well as hoping we don't come down w/any colds, etc...as her resistance will be lowered. AND that she'll be feeling up to it. A very iffy situation at best. :shrug:

American Idol tonight! :dizzy:

take care,
Jen

Thanks Jen. 11 hrs. isn't really that bad. That is how long it takes to my mom's. Hope you get to go. That will be a priceless visit. I watched American Idol. There is one girl that makes it through to Hollywood from Huntsville. She went to our rival high school. Her uncle was on our country station and he said he heard she made it to the top 20. He said he could get into trouble saying that. I hope she doesn't get into trouble. He name is Cardin, I think, She will be in the Atlanta auditions. I hope they show her. I wish they would show the good ones more.
Luv you guys,
Terri

Sandancy
01-18-2008, 12:24 PM
Dianne, I hope you are feeling all better by now, and congrats on your losses, persistance sure pays off.
Jen, I hope you do get to see your sister soon, I will be watching the weather with you. Keep us posted as to how she is coping, she is in my prayers. Are you seeing much of the grandsons lately?
Terri, I never got into watching Idol, but I got into Dancing with the Stars when I was spending a lot of time at my mom's. It was really a lot more fun to watch than I realized. How are all your kids and what are they up to lately?

Thanks for all the encouragement and the caring messages for my mom, it helps so much! I bought a new WW scale at Costco last week because I had a $10 off coupon. For a scale it is rather pretty, a glass platform with a blue backlight. Today was my weigh-in and I lost .8 lbs so I am ok with that. I will have a really slow start given that we have another football event on Sunday, and that is where my extra points will go again. You can imagine the mania here in New England over the Patriots. I will be bringing Greg back to college on Monday, he is half way through his junior year. Then I think think things are back to normal for a while. It should be easier to follow WW with a normal schedule.

I visited my mom on Wednesday, we went out to do some errands that are hard for her to do alone. We met my SIL and we had lunch at The Fresh Catch, a fish restaurant. By the time I got my mom back home she was falling asleep in the car. But she is really doing a lot better, given what she has been through and after all she is almost 81!

Hi to the rest of the gang, Es, Susan, Zoe, and our new friends too, Pattie, Claudia, and Gail!

I guess I had better get back to work,
Luv ya's
Sandy:grouphug:

Sandy,
I think have that same scale. Good buy. Ours has always been accurate.
Your mom is so lucky to have a caring family.
Thanks for asking about the kids. They are busy with school and band. They are wishing for snow even though Bradley thinks it is a waste coming on the weekend. :lol:
Have fun Sunday.
Terri

Hi all.
I lost 1 pound. I was afraid I wouldn’t lose anything because of not leaving the house and eating lots of soup (sodium).
Just wanted to report in and update the tracker.
9 more to meet my mini goal Valentines Day challenge.
Have a great Saturday.
Terri

Jenny523
01-19-2008, 03:52 PM
Terri,
Good going! :cp: That's a pound gone!

It's COLD here in the Midwest.... was -6 this morning when I got up, with wind chills of -20. Supposed to be the same for this evening. I've got a pot of chili on the stove and we've got movies to watch, so we're definitely staying in!

HI :wave: Dianne, Es, Zoe, Sandy, Susan, Patty, Claudia

~Jen

Brrrr!!!!!! I hope you stayed warm. It was supposed to snow here but it went south.
Enjoy that chili.
Terri

Sandancy
01-20-2008, 08:29 AM
Jen, Hope you enjoyed your evening in and your chili. The bitter cold is headed here to the Northeast later today, we should see about 0 degrees overnight. Wish you could send some chili my way along with the cold winds. :D

Terri :high: Great going on losing another pound this week!

We went out to see a movie last night, "Lars and the Real Girl", it had a very strange premise, but it was a sweet and compassionate story.
We have a busy day today, first church, then I have a meeting right after, then the Patriots game, then Mike has an evening choir rehearsal.
Tomorrow I will be driving Greg back to school.

:grouphug:
Hi to the rest of the gang,
Sandy

Jenny523
01-24-2008, 05:59 PM
Another cold wave here; it was -3 this morning! I actually like the extreme temperatures we get here in the Midwest...below zero or a hundred degrees hot.....I like them both. :lol:

Joe has been out of town since Tuesday, supposed to return tomorrow morning. I came home from work today and he was already home! Now I'll sleep well tonight. It's funny, neither of us sleep when we're apart. I read many times that Paul McCartney and his former wife Linda never spent a night apart for the 21 (?) years they were married. That's amazing when you consider touring for concerts, etc. So....even tho we irritate the carp out of each other sometimes, I guess even that is a good thing, right?

My brother and SIL want us to go to Mexico with them in Feb 2009...time for me to get serious about this FAT!!! My heart's not in it, no motivation, no will power.....I need a kick.

HI :wave: to everyone!
~Jen

Thanks guys,
It is 13 here in Alabama. I haven't felt this cold since Ohio. Everyone stay warm.
I am listening to the memorial of Bronner Burgess. He was the 2 yr. old son of Rick from Rick and Bubba. He drowned in the family pool at their home.
They are a nationally syndicted radio show. They started here in Birmingham
and now they are in many states. It is so sad. They are very religious but they are funny too.

Jen,
I am glad Joe is home. Bruce doesn't sleep well when he is away.
Here is your kick. :kickbutt: You can do it. Mexico sounds like fun.

Sandy,
I don't think I heard of that movie. I'll look into it.

I went to the neighbor thread on the WW website and joined a group from Al. They go to lunch every month somewhere in Al. and they go on a weekend retreat every other month and they are going on a cruise in Sept.
I don't feel comfortable enough to go on the cruise but maybe next year. I gotta stay in the groove too. :kickbutt:

Luv ya,
Terri

dpadro
01-25-2008, 10:02 AM
Jen - Brrr!! -3??? Holy Moly. I would not be a happy camper with those temps. Its a balmy 35 here in NY, lol. It did go down to 12 last week though. Okay, I'll join in with Terri - here's your :kickbutt: :p

That trip sounds cool. Willie and I were checking on a cruise leaving from San Juan, PR in December. We're thinking of leaving 12/14, then the ship arrives back in PR on 12/21. We plan on staying on and spending Christmas with Willie's relatives and then coming home 12/27. I've never spent Christmas in PR and I know its supposed to be lots of fun. His cousin has all the family over (he has a huge house) and they have something called barandas, which is like Christmas Caroling. They also have a mariachi band play. This will be the first Christmas away from our immediate family. I'm not looking forward to telling Alana - she'll be like "Mom, you always have Christmas Eve at your house"! I told Willie, let's wait to tell her:p

Terri - Congrats on your loss - :bravo: My wi is tomorrow. I've been consistently attending the meetings. I find I'm not losing as fast as I would like, and I seem to lost a lb and then gain a half pound the next week, but I'll take it. Better than going in the other direction, right. Very sad about that little boy.

Sandy - Zero doesn't sound too good either, lol. Keep warm. I heard of that movie, sounds a little strange. Willie and I are waiting for it to come out on video.

Es, amiga - where are you??????? Come on it and say hi. I miss you, girl. :(

Hi to ZoeGirl (where are you 2??), Susan, Claudia and Patty.

Have a great day everyone and a wonderful weekend.

Hugs,
Dianne

Sandancy
01-25-2008, 11:57 AM
Hi Ladies:wave:

I wanted to stop by to weigh in. I am trying to follow the progam at home since I am only working very part-time on my contracting projects and taking 2 courses at the local community college. I am really watching our budget until I get back to working more.
So any way... taa-daah... I was down to 197.4 this morning. I have lost 2.6 lbs towards my first 5lb. I am hoping for another good week pre-Superbowl. It is really not the party itself that is a problem, it is a matter of resisting the leftovers of all the goodies that people bring to our house.

Jen, I will chime in too with a :kickbutt: and some :dust: it will be so worth it for how you feel on the trip. As Dianne says, I sure do know about life getting in the way, but try to focus on making one change at a time. Like adding a little more exercise, or choosing one WW meal a day that you enjoy and is simple to just grab. I am not 100% OP by any means, but the treadmill is getting to be a habit and I am mostly having oatmeal or Shredded Wheat with bran as my breakfast. I am convinced at this advanced age (55) that long term habits are really hard to change so I am trying to be gentle with myself and just choose one or two changes at a time to work on.
BTW you must have sent some chili my way, the last football party we were at included a big crockpot of yummy chili! :lol:
Dianne, Good luck with your weigh-in tomorrow. Hope this is a week with a step forward for you.
Terri, A neighbor thread? That is very cool, so you might meet people in person from 3FC, I alway wonder if any of our little group will meet some day.
I am really excited as Mike and I are planning a little getaway this spring, we may have a chance to stay at my SIL's condo in Ft Myers the third week in April. The dates she offered us are good except that I will still be taking classes and will have to miss 2.

Hi Es, Zoe, Susan, Claudia and Patty. We miss you come say Hi!
Sandy

Dianne,
Your Christmas sounds a little like Christmas with the Kranks (Book-Skipping Christmas by John Grisham). j/k You will have such fun. Maybe Alana will start new traditions now that she is married although I never did. You will have fun. We have 2 sets of friends that are from PR and they told us all about the Christmas caroling.

Sandy,
Great loss. This is our year. That get away sounds so nice. That is a nice time of year to go. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck at the Super Bowl.
Luv ya guys,
Terri

Hi gang,
I just wanted to report my loss for the week. I lost 2.7 pounds. I have lost 8.7 so far since starting on Jan. 5. I have 6.3 pounds to go to meet my Valentines Day challenge. Have a great weekend. It is still cold here.
Terri

Sandancy
01-26-2008, 02:40 PM
Terri, Woohoo! :woohoo:Great job on your loss this week! Are you still eating Special K?

Mike and I are going out for dinner tonight so I had the WW veggie soup and a big salad for lunch to save some points.

:grouphug: to the whole gang,
Sandy

Sandy,
Have fun and enjoy!!
I am eating special K for breakfast only now. I will eat special K for lunch if I am not craving anything. I eat the one with strawberries.
Terri

dpadro
01-27-2008, 03:10 PM
Hi everyone:

Terri & Sandy - :bravo: on your losses. Great job:carrot:

I gained .4 this week, oh well. I'll do better next week. I'm planning on going to the gym Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Weigh in is Saturdays. I don't go to they gym on Tuesdays because I settle in for 2 hrs. to watch The Biggest Loser. I don't like to miss it, lol. I ordered 2 Biggest Loser DVD's - hope that helps. If not, I'll need you guys to give me what Jen got - :kickbutt:, lol!!
Oh, and Sandy - some of your :dust: too!

Hi Jen, Es, ZoeGirl, Ruthie, Patty & Claudia. Hope you're all doing well.

Have a great Sunday, everyone.

Hugs,
Dianne

Great attitude Dianne. That isn't much of a gain. Go to the bathroom a couple of times and it is gone. :devil:
I love the Biggest Loser too. I wanted Betty Sue to stay. I didn't like her the first couple of weeks but she grew on me. Jillian cries this week and hugs Jay. I wonder what is going on. Love that show. I have seen everyone of them. :carrot:

I hope everyone is having a great Sunday.
Terri

dpadro
01-27-2008, 06:59 PM
Terri - I believe next week the game changes from teams to everyone for themselves. So, its possible that Jay is gonna get voted off and Mark (his brother) is staying and that's why Jillian is hugging him? I'm just guessing.

Betty Sue grew on me too and she worked hard and had some attitude and feisty-ness, lol. I'm beginning not to like the yellow team mom and son too much - I think they're really scheming and last week it back fired because they were scheming to send the black team home, but the black team lost the most weight and gained immunity. I know it would be boring, but I wish they'd all just play the game fairly and not make alliances, etc. Anyway, I don't know yet who I'm hoping will stay, but I'm kind of hoping the yellow team mom will go, lol.

Oh, by the way, I did read that book "skipping Christmas", lol. I didn't think of that cause we'll probably just have everyone over the week before or for New Year's instead, but that's not a bad idea, lol.

Hi everyone :wave: Talk to you's soon.

Hugs,
Dianne

Dianne,
:lol: I loved that book.
I can't stand that mom and son. Did you see the young girls and them when Allison said the winner of the weight loss gets immunity. That was priceless.
I wouldn't not try to lose for anyone. Can't wait to watch!
Have a great day everyone!
Terri

dpadro
01-29-2008, 05:37 PM
Whoops Terri - I keep saying the yellow team - the mom and son are on the orange team! Anyway, you knew who I meant. The two friends (girls) - I think only one of them was in on the scheming, right? Because she lost 1 lb. and the other lost like 5 or 6. I think she was surprised when her friend just lost 1 lb. Willie has to tape it for me tonight - I have to work late:( Oh, well, something to look forward to for tomorrow night.

Hi Jen, Es, Sandy, Ruthie, ZoeGirl, Patty & Claudia :wave:

Talk to you's soon.

Hugs,
Dianne

Dianne,
I knew who you meant. Yeah the yellow team is the divorced couple. The team that I really don't like is the orange team. I hope Mark looks awesome at the end. They just don't like him. I like him. He does get intense and I know how I'd be with my sister. We love each other but we'd get into it. :lol:
Enjoy!
Terri

Sandancy
02-01-2008, 08:51 AM
Wow, this has been been a quiet week! Mostly, I am trying to keep up with my 2 courses. The first thing the professor asked was whether we were procastinators. He said we could not get away with that in his class. The class is fun though, it is all about web graphic design.

I just wanted to pop-in to say my time on the treadmill is paying off. I weighed in and I am happy to report that I lost 1.1 lbs for a total of 3.7 so far. I am just focusing on 5 at a time. So I am almost there.

We are getting ready for the Superbowl on Sunday night.
Hope everyone has something fun planned this winter weekend,

Sandy

Sandy,
CONGRATS on the loss. That is always fun.
Have fun Sunday.
Terri

dpadro
02-01-2008, 11:31 PM
Sandy, Congrats on your loss and :bravo: on taking it 5 lbs at a time. You are almost there and so fast. Great Job. The class sounds like fun.

I have been so NOT on program this week, its unbelievable! I had a really stressful week at work and worked two nights until 8:30 p.m. I came home starving and just eat whatever. Not good. I know I will face another gain tomorrow, but I'm gonna do just that - face it! And deal with it. I will get back on track tomorrow and get my butt to the gym too. I bought 2 dvd Biggest loser videos, vol 1 and 2. I'm gonna try that also. I just need to get my head back together - I'll do it!

Hi to Jen, Terri, Es, ZoeGirl, Ruthie :wave: I know you guys are football fans, so enjoy your sunday. All I know about the Giants is that they are a NY team, but unfortunately, I can't get excited about that, lol. Willie will go next door to Darren and Lizette's to watch the game and eat junk, lol. I'm staying far away from that - football and junk, :p Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Hugs,
Dianne

Dianne,
Enjoy your Sunday.
We have 1 of the Biggest Loser DVD's. We haven't been brave enough to attempt it. Let us know how it is. It is not 6 hrs. long is it?
It would take me 12 days to do that. :lol:

I lost .8 this week. That is 9.5 total so far. I want that 10.

Have a great Saturday & Sunday. We are going to Five Guys Famous Burgers and Fries.
I have never been but I did taste a part of Britts. That was good. I only will use 2 points over my day. YAY!

TTYL,
Terri

dpadro
02-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Terri: congrats on the loss - wow, I didn't realize you were so close to the 10 lbs valentine's day goal you set. You'll do it!!! :bravo: I gained .4 again, which I knew was coming. Now, I'm back on track.

I will try one of the Biggest Loser DVD's (I'll start with Vol 1 and see how that goes). Oh, my gosh, I hope its not 6 hrs. long, lol. 12 days to finish it, lololol! I'll let you know how good (or bad) it is.

Spent time with Alana and we went to see Gianna Rose today. She's really filling out and looking adorable. I think Alana's getting ideas, lol.

Hi everyone - have a great weekend.

Hugs,
Dianne

Dianne,
You have so much fun when it is time for Alana. I can't even imagine when Britts (after she is married:dizzy:) decides. I will be ecstatic. Something about your daughter having the baby. I'll bet that Gianna Rose is a baby doll. I'll bet there is a medicine ball involved in that video. I have seen what they make those people do with medicine balls. This should be funny when I try this DVD. It might be worthy of you tube. :lol:
Have a good rest of the weekend.
Terri

dpadro
02-03-2008, 11:33 AM
Terri: I opened up vol 1 today and it appears to be in sections. They have a 6 week program where you alternate workouts, like 1 & 3 are low (baloney, lol) intensity cardio and body sculpting and then 2 & 4 are high intensity and boot camp :yikes: There's also a way to make your own program, by mixing and matching, so there's alot of different sessions to choose from. This morning I started the 6 week program, section 1, low (again I say BALONEY) intensity, lololol. It was good, a bit rough at times. Tomorrow I'll try section 3, the body sculpting. You're supposed to alternate the 4 sections for 6 days a week, x 6 weeks. We'll see how it goes.

Well I'm off to church. Hi to everybody. Enjoy your day, and I hope whatever team your rooting for wins........wait.........I guess that won't happen unless you're all rooting for the same team and they win :p I guess I should say a little "go giants" since I'm from NY, lololol.

Hugs,
Dianne

Dianne,
I had to take a nap after reading what the DVD was made of. :dizzy:
I think I will start one tomorrow. Brittany is not working so we will tackle it. We often laugh calories away when we attempt hard stuff. Good luck!!
I just found out that Bov was 43 years old. I told Bruce that (47) and he called him a few choice words. :doh:

Have a great and relaxing rest of your Sunday.

Hey everyone!!!!!!!
Terri

dpadro
02-04-2008, 04:37 PM
Terri - you're tooooo funny, lol. Bov??? Do you mean Bob from Biggest Loser? I was reading your post and all of a sudden I saw Bov - I got totally lost, lol.

Hey, where is everyone - I'm starting to feel like terri and I are dating, lolol:p
Come in and say hi!

Hugs,
Dianne

HA! Where is everyone?
What do you want to talk about today Dianne? :lol:
I guess I better get spell check. Yes, I meant Bob. :?:

Sandy,
Sorry about the game.

Terri

Jenny523
02-06-2008, 10:09 PM
:rofl: Dating? wow, you make a great couple!
I've seen bits & pieces of Biggest Loser, I can see where it would be inspiring. SOMETHING'S gotta do it :shrug:

SURVIVOR tomorrow!!! can't wait. There are 2 locals on it, a guy and a woman, both from local Illinois suburbs. A write-up in the paper said the woman is a "character" .

Lots going on here. Sunday is Joe's birthday; we'll have Jess and family, and Joey and Iliana here. Jess,etc., may spend the weekend. :crossed:

We had about 7 inches of snow fall today..on top of the 5 or so already on the ground. I called in and took the day off. Too stressful to drive in that stuff! Plus my bones/joints were really aching this morning. The storm was to have passed thru last night, but hung over us and I could really feel it...as I write this, it's finally coming to an end.

My friend Donna is coming in from Iowa next weekend :dancer: I can't wait to see her!
Then the following weekend we're supposed to go to see Kathie in Arkansas...depending of course, on the weather. She's still going thru chemo, a different drug this time. Also struggling with the issue of taking pain pills, wants to avoid taking them, yet there is a need for them. It's a difficult scenario.

Congrats to all the losers ! :cp:
HI :wave: to you all.
luv,
Jen

Wow Jen,
You are going to be busy. Tell Joe :bday2you:
Sounds like fun times. I hope you can get to Arkansas. I think of your sister often.
I saw all the snow on the news. We had bad storms here. 50 people died in the south. 4 died in a neighboring county. We had to go to the bottom floor at 3:30 in the morning on Tuesday/Wed. Scary stuff.

I can't wait to watch Survivor. I want to see the fans see the past players. I cannot stand Johnny Fairplay. :devil:
I can't believe all the reality tv. I watch Big Brother, Survivor, The Biggest Loser, Dance Wars and American Idol. Not used to them all being on at the same time. We have a local on American Idol. A good friend of ours was her orthodontist. :lol: She was on the auditions last night. I heard she made the top 20. Her name is Carthic McKinney or something like that.

My youngest is supposed to be comfirmed this April. The Bishop wouldn't give a date, wouldn't give a date and then yesterday our church e-mailed and said the Bishop wants to have it on FEB. 28. 3 WEEKS. My sister is his sponsor and I don't know if she can make it. These kids have to fit a bunch of stuff in and load up hrs. of studying and service projects. It is crazy. One of us or Britts will be his sponsor by PROXI if she can't make it. On top of that he started Lacross and is in the band , major competitions and then Orlando competitions andf the middle one is going to Washington D.C. for competitions and Williamsburg, Va. It is a crazy and busy spring.

Hi to everyone.
Terri

dpadro
02-07-2008, 10:04 AM
Good morning everyone:

Jen - :hb: to Joe! Sounds like a fun and busy weekend. Great that your friend is coming to visit also. I too, think about your sister. I know it must be a tough decision for her with the pain pills. She'll probably hold out on them for as long as she can. I pray things will get better for her.

Terri - Wow, the Biggest Loser was great on Tuesday, huh? First of all, the black team winning the cooking challenge and then the weigh in! I was so happy to see Brittney lose 10 lbs and Bernie 13. The black team are really the underdogs up against the big bad blue team! But the best part was seeing them vote off Jackie after she was so sure they were going after Trent. I could not believe the nerve of her going in to Trent and Roger's room and asking Trent if he would be okay if they voted him off! She's such a schemer. I'm sorry to say it, but she deserved it. I think she was in shock and so was her son. He better be careful not to go below the yellow line, or he's next. It was an exciting show. I felt bad for Paul when he was watching Kelly's boyfriend saying how much he missed her. That's a sad situation to be in.

Willie and I are leaving for Florida to see Steven for a long weekend. We'll leave tomorrow morning and come back Monday night. He asked us to come, he's missing his family:( It will be fun and of course, I always love to see him. I'll be missing my first ww meeting since I started in October. Unless I find one in Miami, we'll see.

Hi to Es, ZoeGirl, Ruthie and Sandy :wave:

Talk to you's when I get back from Florida.

Hugs,
Dianne

Dianne,
That will be fun going to Fl. Get warm for a few days.
I couldn't believe that Jackie asked Jay and Mark to swear on their kids lives. The nerve. I would have said I don't swear anything on my kids lives *&#$. :lol: I was glad to see her leave. Her and her son got a little to cocky for me.
Wow when Jillian told her team that they need to eat their calories she was right. The losses were unbelievable. I think I want to see Roger or Trent to win. I think it might be Mark though. Paul and Kely get on my nerves. The younger ones whine to much. :lol: I was glad to see Brittany and Bernie lose well too. Love that show. I lose Allison Sweeney as the host too. I watch Days of Our Lives. She has more personality on the show than Caroline Ray.
Have fun in Florida.
Terri

Hi all,
I weighed in. I was 179.8. I lost 1.1# I reached the 10# mini goal. I lost 10.6 since January.
I feel so good when I reach a goal.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.
Terri

Sandancy
02-09-2008, 04:37 PM
Hi Everyone!

Hi Jen, Happy Birthday to Joe :celebrate: Hope the weather doesn't hold anyone back from a fun day! Enjoy your friend's visit too, sounds like she is someone special. I'll be praying for better days ahead for your sister. Have a safe trip to Arkansas!

Dianne, I hope you are enjoying your visit and some good weather in Florida. Mike and I have reservations to go in April.

Terri, Congrats on meeting your Valentine's day goal :cheer: You should feel great! And thanks for the condolences about the Pats, all the guys (DH's and friends) are still recovering from their shock.

Well, this week was not one of my best, but I know what I did to slack off. So when I weighed in yesterday I was up .8 lbs. I will have to get back to snacking on 0-pt soup. That has always been a good strategy for me.

Hey to the rest of the gang! :grouphug:
Sandy

Sandy,
You will get that back off soon. We will all gain at one time or another.
Terri

Sandancy
02-14-2008, 08:07 AM
Happy Valentine's Day to all my dear friends,:val3:

It sure is quiet here. I hope everyone is well and has something romantic and loving in their lives today.

I'll stop back in tomorrow to weigh in, but I know I am using my points for something chocolate tonight.
Sandy

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY :val3::val1::val2: I am saving my chocolate for Saturday. I got my favorite. He isn't trying to sabotage I asked for it. :lol:
Have a great day!

Terri

dpadro
02-14-2008, 10:06 AM
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY, MY FRIENDS!

Well, back from Florida, from 84 degrees to 17!!! We had a great time and always good to see my first born of course!

Terri - congrats on the loss and making your Valentine's Day goal with time to spare :bravo: - great job! Enjoy that chocolate on Saturday. Is it me or does Kelly from the big. loser cry every single week??? I'm really sick of her. She acts like its all about her, that she's the only one who can be sent home. I was sorry to see Trent go, but he needed to get medical care of his leg and I think he was really home sick. Oh, lol, how about Mark telling Ali to not be so dramatic, this is not a soap opera!!! I couldn't believe he said that to her - he's really nervy. I too, watched Days of Our Lives and love her.

Sandy - You will get that .8 off in no time - like Terri says, just go the bathroom a couple of times and it will be gone:p I would say sorry about the Patriots, however, I'm from NY so I really should'nt, lololol. I really don't care about football though so I'll be big about it and say "sorry for your loss", lol. Now, baseball's another matter entirely!!!

Hi Jen, Es, ZoeGirl, Ruthie - come in and say hi you guys.

Have a great day with your honeys everyone!

:hug:

Dianne

Dianne,
Glad you were warm for a few days. Glad your visit went well.
I am so sick of Kelly too. I want her gone and the young ones make me mad. I could not believe Mark said that. The old Sammy almost came out as host!:o Speaking of Days. I will be getting the kleenex in the next few days.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentines Day!!!!
Terri

dpadro
02-14-2008, 11:32 PM
Terri - kleenex?? Oh, no is someone gonna die? The plane is gonna crash, right? Hope its not Claire!!

Hi everyone :wave:

hugs,
Dianne

Sandancy
02-15-2008, 08:25 AM
Hi Buddies, Good Morning!:dancer:

Mike and I each had church stuff last night, he is in the choir, and I had a lay pastoral meeting. But he met me at church with a dozen roses and then later we were at home together with some little chocolate souffles and berries for dessert.

I weighed in...I am down to 195.7, so I lost the gain and a bit more. It is really slow progress, but I am going in the right direction, and the main thing is to learn to keep it off.

Hope everyone is ready for a nice long weekend,
Luv ya's,:grouphug:
Sandy

Sandy,
I am so glad. :carrot: Doesn't it feel great? That is awesome!!!!!

Dianne,
No not Claire. That little girl has 9 lives but then again doesn't everyone in Salem? :lol: Just get ready. I hear it is going to be SAD. I love the flashbacks. Did you see how young Caroline and Victor were? I have been watching since the beginning. I remember Julie when she was a teenager.
Speaking of which guess who Brittany met at the Space and Rocket Center, where she works? She waited on Bill Hayes. Doug, Julie's dad. She was so excited.
Terri

I lost 1# I have lost 11.6 pounds for my Valentines Week challenge.
Now on to my next challenge. My birthday challenge. It is March 27. I will be 49 so I want it all off by the time I am 50. My birthday challenge is
to lose 10 pounds. 10 pounds at a time. So I want to be 169 by March 27.
Have a great weekend.

Dianne,
Did you watch Days Friday? Intense!!!

Terri

Sandancy
02-18-2008, 07:33 AM
Terri, :woohoo:
Great job losing another lb this week. I can tell you are really determined and will reach your next goal too! By the way you have the same birthday as my son, Greg, he will be 21 on March 27. Dave, my older son, came to stay for the weekend. I love getting to see my kids! I got into doing a little too much homestyle cooking. This week I will be playing a bit of catch up in order to lose any lbs at all.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. We are really having some rollercoaster weather here in New England, it is about 56 degrees right now and later in the week the lows will be back to 17 degrees.

:grouphug: for the rest of the gang,
Sandy

Thanks Sandy,
I remember now that Greg's b-day was the same as mine. 27 years apart.
I am so glad you had a good time with Dave. I can't imagine how that feels. I guess I will know one day. :(
Happy President's Day everyone!
Terri

dpadro
02-19-2008, 11:44 AM
Good Tuesday mornin' everyone (you too, Es, lol).

Congrats Sandy on your loss :bravo:. So cool you got some time to spend with your oldest.

Terri - congrats on your loss too - as Sandy said you are very determined and you know you can do it. OMG, Grandpa Shawn is gone:(. I wonder if Caroline will be comforted by Victor:p Tonight's BL - can't wait to see how they do at home.

Jen & Es - where are you guys - do we have to put out an APB on you's:p I miss you guys - get in here!!!

I lost 1.6 this week :carrot: and actually went down a bracket from the 150's to the 140's (top of the 140's lol, but that's okay). It felt good, especially since I had been to Florida and wasn't exactly on program. Maybe the Biggest Loser exercise tape is helping a little.

Well, gotta run, hi to everyone I missed and will talk to you's soon.

Hugs,
Dianne

Hi everybody. I hope your week is going well.

Dianne,
Wasn't last Friday intense? Wasn't that sad about Grandpa Shawn? He could have had that oxygen. Wait til they hear in Salem. It will be sad. You would think they would be hopeful since everyone always comes back. :lol:

Biggest Loser: If I had a family member come home from a competition like that I would have us all hibernate and noone in the family could eat anything that he/she could eat. Maybe they are told by the producers to do certain things.

Jen,
Kathleen, on Survivor, has to be the "Character" you were talking about from Illinois. She is crazy. How abut Johnny Fairplay going the first week?

Hope you all have a great rest of the week.
Terri

Rios426
02-22-2008, 09:23 AM
Hi Girls,

I've had so much drama in my life the past couple of months I haven't had a chance to get in here.

Last week I was hospitalized. My son had to take me to the ER at 4:am.
Immediately after a Cat Scan they told me I had to stay for a few days. I had a colitis attack. The last time I had one was 2 yrs ago. Then, the next day my son got a call from my nephew, who lives in FL that my niece who was 4 mths pregnant lost the baby. There's much more but it'll be too depressing for everybody. Oh, last but not least, my husband recently found out after 20 yrs. in his job they're closing by the end of this month.

So, WW? What WW! Haven't even thought about it. I have to get back on track. I haven't gained, but I still need to lose at least 30 lbs. Theyr'e have free registration till March 8th so I'm thinking on going back to Saturday meetings.

Congrats to all who lost. I have too much catching up to do & I really don't have the time right now but I wanted to let you know why I haven't been around. I love you all. We've been thru good times & bad & we've known eachother for so long. I never forget you guys it's just been hard to get here lately. I'll try to get in here at least 1 or twice a week.

Big hugs to my buds.
Es

Es,
I am so sorry about your niece. That has got to be so hard. I hope you feel better. What symptoms do you have with colitis? That is wonderful that you didn't gain. I hope it wasn't cause you could not eat. Please e-mail me if you want to talk. We would never be bored with whatever you are going through. We are here for you Es.
Please take care. How are Pete and Dave? How are your babies?
Luv ya,
Terri

I just found out my aunt died. Her and her husband have been together 64 years. They really loved each other. She was my dad's oldest sister. They are all gone now. So sad!
Terri

Rios426
02-22-2008, 07:00 PM
So sorry Terri. :(

A colitis attack, for me anyway, I start feeling nauseas, bloated, then when
I go to the bathroom I'll get the runs with alot of abdominal pain & blood. I can barely walk. It's awful. Last July I felt one coming on but immediately called my dr. & she put me on the antibiotic called Cipro. This time I waited too long.

Pete & David are fine. Sammy is sooo cute & Sadie is cute but a brat.

Again, sorry for the loss of your aunt.

luv u

Es,
I miss you. I hope you are better now.

KISS Sadie and Sammy.
Terri

I lost 1 pound. 169.9# is my next goal.

Sandancy
02-25-2008, 08:57 AM
Hi Es,
So glad to see you back, I missed you! I hope you are much better now. Please, please be careful and get those antibiotics sooner if you have the symptoms again. Hospitals are no fun. I bet you scared yourself and Pete, and David. Sometimes, it doesn't rain but it pours. I am sorry for your niece's miscarriage. Let us know about Pete and the job situation too. There is always a caring ear here for anything troubling you.

Terri, sorry for the loss of your aunt, it always feels a little extra sad with the passing of a generation.
Also congrats on your next lb down towards your goal.

We had a rough week here, my guys are all ok. Our bad news was about my brother. He made some very bad financial decisions and was secretly leaning on my mom for loans. She was keeping it from us, but it started to come out last week. I think he is in very big trouble with major debts. I don't know whether to be angry or depressed for the moment.
I didn't have a good week with WW, so I am not weighing in for now.
Hi to Jen, Dianne, Susan, and everyone that I missed!
Sandy

Sandy,
I am so sorry about your situation. My brother is going through something big too. I know how you feel. He would have to be the one living next door to my mom. Moms never seem to be able to end the need to feel they have to protect. It can be frustrating. You will be in my thoughts. I hope everything works out.

This Thursday my youngest, Bradley, will be getting confirmed. I am excited because I can sleep in on Sundays next year for the first time in I don't know how many years. We go to Mass in the evening.

I hope everyone is having a good Monday. Wish it were Friday.
Terri

short & sassy
02-25-2008, 05:17 PM
How is everyone? I think about you all often. I think I'm back on track, hopefully I'll have some results to report soon.

Take care

Ruth

dpadro
02-26-2008, 07:59 PM
Hi everyone:

Es, I'm sorry about everything that you've been going through lately. I hope you are feeling better. You have to take care of yourself and next time you have any symtoms of the colitis, do right away. It sounds really painful. Please take care. Also sorry to hear about your nephew/niece and the baby.

Terri - Sorry for the loss of your aunt. What a long time she and your uncle were married, I know he will miss her so much. Congrats on your loss (weight) - you're doing great.

Hey Ruthie, long time no see, good to hear from you. Come in more often. How are those grandbabies? I became a great grandmother (gg, that's me, lol).

Hi Jen - how are you doing.

Hey ZoeGirl - Rylea's beautiful! God bless her.

I'm doing so-so ww wise - down a lb then up a 1/2 lb and so on and so forth. I've got to get back to the gym or exercise at home, something!

Hope you are all doing okay. Talk to you's soon. Going to watch The Biggest Loser now - maybe it will inspire me.

Hugs,
Dianne

short & sassy
02-27-2008, 01:19 PM
Good afternoon,

How is everyone? I tried replying last night, typed out several paragraphs and evidently exited with saving. UGH! Anyway, so I decided to take a few minutes of my lunch time to catch up with everyone.

ES, sorry to hear that the company Pete works for is closing! I hope they offer a good severence package!

Terri, congrats on all the weight loss since January. I'm just now getting my rear in gear but it sure is motivating to hear about your success. Makes me feel hopeful. My last real attempt at weight loss was Fall of 2004, then that October I learned that my dad had lung cancer...dealing with his cancer and death just took me off the ww wagon for a while, but I'm back now.

JEN, gosh it's been cold in your part of the country. I hate that our weather is so unpredictable....75 one day 50's the next...but I do know one thing, it rarely gets in the teens!! How is your sister, she is in my prayers. Have you been to Arkansas yet?

I think it was Terri that wondered if we would all ever meant...why don't we seriously plan something. Say, spring of 2009....I think Tennessee would be ideal, kinda in the middle for us all. What do you girls think?

DIANE, Congrats on becoming a gg. I have 9 grandbabies now. The oldest will turn 15 in July, the youngest is 5 months old. My daughter Angela is dating a guy who is raising his 3 girls. If they ever marry then the number would grow to twelve!!

Well, I need to log my points on the weight watchers site, so I'll post again later.

Take care,
Ruthie

dpadro
02-27-2008, 02:42 PM
Hi guys:

Oh, oh Ruthie, you're catching up to me, especially with the extra 3 that might join your family, lol.

OMG, it would be so great if we could all get together, wow. I'm down for it, if you guys are. It would be so cool to meet the people we've been "talking" to for the last 6 or 7 years, wouldn't it? I'm really geographically handicapped, so someone please tell me how far Tennessee is from NY:p

Terri - Ding dong the "Mark" is gone, (sung to the tune of ding, dong, the witch is dead) lolol. I know that sounds mean, but I'm glad to see him go. I think Roger made him really think about honoring what he had said about leaving when he didn't have more weight to go. I couldn't believe he lost 1 lb!! So glad to see the black team win, because the deck was really stacked against them since Bob chose all those "biggie jocks" for his blue team. It looks like next week there will be no more teams and everyone for themselves. Good luck to your son on his confirmation tomorrow - enjoy.

Jen, my friend, where are you? Are you visiting your sister in Arkansas? I hope everything is okay. Miss you :(

Es - how are you feeling, amiga? Hope you're doing better. Are you at home or did you go back to work? Thinking of you.

ZoeGirl - how are you doing? Come by and say hi.

Sandy - how's everything with you?

Well, gotta run, talk to you's later.

Hugs,
Dianne

Ruth,
I am so glad to hear from you. I know how hard it is to deal with what you dealt with. Bless you.
Meeting would be fantastic. Could I bring Brittany? Travel buddy. :lol:
She feels like she knows y'all too.

Dianne,
Just a little friendly opposition here. :devil:
I cannot stand Brittany or Maggie and sometimes Bernie. I know they are young but I could go through the TV and wipe the smirks from their faces. I am not crazy about Jillian this season. I think she would kill them if she had to to win. :lol: I also didn't like how Jillian was in on sending food to the hotel in Vegas. Off my soapbox now. :D
Don't ya love this show? Is it me or is it more of a competition now?

Hi everyone!!!
Terri

Jenny523
02-27-2008, 11:18 PM
I feel as tho I've been away for so long. It's actually a case of I'm guilty of what I tell others not to do...stay away because of not being OP.
Enough said.

Es, I'm so sorry to hear you were in pain and hospitalized. I was wondering where you were. We all need to look out for one another. I hope you're feeling better.

Dianne, You're really doing great with losing and exercising. I'm so glad that you're enjoying the Biggest Loser w/Terri. It makes for some interesting reading for us all!

Terri, when I read Ruth's post about a get-together and you asked if Britts could come, I said "OF COURSE!" It's a no-brainer.

Ruth, I was SO glad to see your post! We all have a lot to catch up on. I think the get-together is a wonderful idea. A long weekend would be perfect.

Sandy, hi :wave: thinking of you and hoping you're enjoying time with your son.

I feel a get-together would be awesome for us all. If this spring is too early (I know that my calendar gets filled quickly lol), then what about this fall? If we plan now to meet somewhere for a long weekend, WE CAN DO IT! There's nothing I'd like better than to meet all of you. There are a number of places we could meet: Tennessee (Memphis anyone?!) or Kentucky seem to be centrally located for us all. Why don't we get a survey going on who would attend, to begin with?

As you may have heard, the weather here is icky. Snow, cold, the most snow we've had in quite some time. We're tired of shovelling! Tired of warming up the cars in below zero weather! This spring and summer will be especially sweet.

take care,
jen

Jen,
Tennessee is fine with us. This will be fun. I hope we can make it work.
It is so good that everyone is coming back. We all have to remember that we always need everyone no matter what is going on. I am picturing us putting our hands on top of one anothers like in Steel Magnolia.
Luv ya,
Terri

Sandancy
02-29-2008, 12:08 PM
:carrot:It is so good to see all the posts!

Ruth, So glad to hear from you and that things are going well. I love the idea of us all finally meeting each other in person. Tennessee seems like a great location. Someplace with lots of music, what fun!

Jen, glad to see you back, I tend to stay away too when I am not doing well WW wise, but I have realized we are here for each other for so much more than that. Have you gotten to Arkansas yet? How is your sister coping lately? She is in my thoughts and prayers. How are those quickly growing grandsons too, have they been over much what with all that icky weather?

Es, Hoping you are continuing to feel better!

Terri, How was Bradley's confirmation, did you all do anything to celebrate?
Thanks for your caring words about my brother's situation, we think he has had a big wake up call, but it will take several years for him to get back in control of his financial situation. I just pray that he continues to have a decent job.

Diane, I completely get the ups and downs poundwise. The only thing I have become really consistent about is my treadmill, I am using it 5-6 days per week. I need to add something with weights too, but following WW to the letter is totally beyond my ability for now. I have lost my first 5lb though, down to 194.6, so I am challenging myself to the next 5.

Hope everyone has something fun planned for the weekend,
Happy LeapDay!

Sandy

short & sassy
02-29-2008, 01:27 PM
Hey girls,

Thanks for the welcome back!

I didn't have time to post yesterday. I had a dental appointment at 9:30 (chipped tooth needed a crown), I got out of the dentist office just in time for lunch. So I ran to the grocery store to pick up a few items for lunch (ww dinner, ww desert, & yogurt for a snack) and by the time I got back, nuked the food and ate, lunch was over! Last night I had class...so hear I am today.

We could try for a fall meeting? Sandy, you mentioned music...I'm thinking NASHVILLE. I think we would all have a great time! Terri, you can bring Britt, I would probably want to bring a friend or hubby (he could stay in the room)! Just Kidding!

Well, I've lost about 6 lbs this week. I don't remember what I weighed last Thursday when I officically decided to do this, it was somewhere around 186, this morning I weighed 180.8. I'm feeling pretty darn motivated at the moment. Around Thanksgiving and Christmas I was tipping the scales a little over 190...so I'm thrilled!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Ruthie

Ruth,
Congrats on your loss. Awesome. 1 pound at a time. That is the only way to go. :carrot:
Sandy,
Great loss as well. :carrot: Congrats.
Nashville is good also. Maybe the Opreyland hotel? Not sure how much rates are. Probably steep. Maybe offseason rates? The place is gorgeous. We have only visited there. Britts wants her wedding there. They had 1 set up when we were there. It was at Christmas time.
Bradley's Confirmation went well despite the earlier date than we expected. It was supposed to be in April and like that it was February. 2 months early. Those poor kids had to scramble. We had cake last night and I ate only the icing on mine. That, to me, is the best part. His 15th birthday is Tuesday and we will go out but I don't know where yet. I think it will be a Japanese Steakhouse where they cook on the table or P.F. Changs. We just got our first one here but it is usually very crowded.

I am so excited that we are all coming back here. Zoe, Susan ... Where are you? :wave:
Terri

dpadro
03-01-2008, 08:43 PM
Hey everyone:

Like I said, I'm down for a get together. I think it would be great.

Terri- of course Britts is welcome, we all feel like we kind of watched her grow up, lol. We'll be her faux aunties:D Why don't we each go on line and check out some places in Tennessee (can someone tell me how far it is from NY??). I've always wanted to go down south (further than florida, lol). So Virginia, South Carolina, Atlanta, Tennessee - all fine with me. I think if we share a room, two to a room, it would be cheaper.

I know what you mean about the young guys on TBL, but there's something about Bernie I like. He's a comedian and makes me laugh. I like Roger too. Not crazy about Dan. As for Jay, I think he'll be more likeable with his brother gone. Kelly is okay, if only she'd stop bawling every week, lol. As for Jillian, she's kind of scary sometimes :yikes: lol. Steel Magnolias is my favorite movie of all time!

Hi Es, How are you feeling amiga. Hope things are getting better.

Jen - great to see you back my friend. We've all been there before and stayed away, like you said enough said. How is your sister doing?

Sandy and Ruthie - good job on the losses! Congrats.

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone. Talk to you's soon.

Hugs,
Dianne

Dianne,
I kinda like Bernie too. Remember the chocolate on his face? That was funny. Kelly is like in the middle 3 men (blue team) on one side and young ones (black team) on the other. She is the one they are both going to want now that they are going to no longer be teams.
I am not sure of how long it takes from N.Y.
Brittany was so happy to read that about her. If I drive she would be such good company. We drove to my sister's in Ohio when we went to see Bon Jovi in Pittsburgh. It was cool being on our own.

Bradley played his first Lacrosse game tonight. That is a rough game. He loves it though. The veteran parents were laughing at Brittany and I cause we were saying "OOOH Oh my... OUCH..."
Have a great weekend.
Terri

short & sassy
03-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Well it is Monday again. Why isn't the weekend ever long enough? So how is everyone, hope you had a good weekend. I actually made it through without using up all my extra points. I still have 22 of the 35 left for today through Thursday!

I've been reading a little here and there and I'm trying to incorporate some of the food items that help with belly fat (peanut butter, walnuts, almonds, etc..)! But those seem so high in points, but I'm determined!! I'll just have to find more low pointers and use my points allowance for them. Oh, and I can always get on the treadmill!! Once I managed to make those items a habit and a staple in my cabinets, I'll move on the brain food. I need all the help I can get when it comes to remembering things!! LOL

Dianne, I think NY to Nashville is abt 750 miles.

Well, I better get back to work.

Hello to everyone....

Ruthie

Jenny523
03-03-2008, 07:31 PM
Ruthie,
Good going on the losses!

Thanks to those who asked about my sister. She's undergoing another round of chemo, not feeling great but not complaining.
We've decided to play it by ear re: when we can pop down for a visit. It all depends on the weather, which will soon not be an issue, thank goodness! and how she feels.....Both Joe's employer and mine know the situation and are ok with us taking a long weekend on short notice, which is great. I'm hoping perhaps next month.

We're only about 9 hours from Nashville..a bit under 500 miles! A long weekend in the fall would be perfect. I would not make the drive alone, Joe is willing to tag along. He can go sightseeing/be our designated driver if we need him...he's ok with it.I would so love to meet you all.

We still have about 6 inches of snow on the ground, in spite of rain yesterday and today..sigh....when you go to the malls/stores, the parking lots have piles of snow as high as 15 feet. Good thing it's March and it will be gone in a few weeks.

Joe drove out to Jess's on Friday and "kidnapped" Brandon for the weekend. It was a great surprise for both B and me. Joey and Iliana had gotten tickets to a local high school's yearly play, so we all saw Beauty and the Beast on Saturday evening. The performance was awesome, and we really enjoyed it. Also spent some time shopping on Saturday; Brandon was definitely the winner in that trip...new shoes, jeans, tops, etc.! I love doing that. Plus we spent alot of time playing Wii. A good weekend over all.

later,
Jen

Ruth,
You sound determined. You will do this. I do soduko for my brain. :lol:

Jen,
I'll bet Brandon was so excited. That is cool. One on one time. I loved that growing up. I would love to meet Joe. If Bruce drives him and Joe can hang out. Since we will be in the middle of school he will probably have to stay here.
This wil be fun.
Terri

dpadro
03-05-2008, 11:05 AM
Hi guys:

Terri - Say it isn't so - Bernie's gone!:( I can't get over how Kelly is always crying and acting like she's the only one who might have to go home, yet here we are 10 weeks later and she's still there!!! I have to give her credit though (and the others too) for going over that huge canyon - Holy Moly :yikes: That was cool, though - I think I would do that (remember my parasailing in September, lol). It was so sweet of Bernie to give Brittany immunity. I'm gonna miss him. Anyway, I think Roger and Jay will be the last 2 standing unless some kind of twist happens in the show. We'll see.

Hi Jen, Es, Ruthie, Sandy :wave: how are you guys doing?

Talk to you's soon.

Hugs,
Dianne

Dianne,
I know. Bernie is the one I liked the most from the Black team. He has lost 108 pounds. Good for him. Kelly is on my last nerve. I feel for her though. I like when Roger said we aren't going to strong arm you. The only way Roger and Jay will not be in top 2 is if they go under the yellow line. I doubt they will go under together. Brittany sure lucked out in that one. I wonder if her and Maggie can have another big week. Jillian is going to kill them with exercise . :dizzy: It won't be 8 hours a day it will be 12. :lol:
Heather (The one that got pregnant before the finale) from the States (Utah)season was at a meeting that an internet friend went to and she said they exercised 8 hours a day. The other thing she said was that that the filming of the weigh ins takes 6-7 HOURS! She said the weigh ins took so long because they had to film every one 3 times. It would be hard to act shocked 3 different times! She also said that production took so long that all they did was workout, do production, and sleep!
Can't wait to see who wins.
TTYL,
Terri

short & sassy
03-07-2008, 08:08 PM
Where has everyone been?

Today was my self proclaimed weighin day. I'm down another 1.6 lbs. I left the 180's and I'm on my way to 170. I hope to reach that goal by the end of may. Guess it could be my "Memorial Day challenge". Does anyone else want to join me?

Would you believe it snowed here? It was beautiful coming down, but our weather wasn't cold enough for it to stick. By the end of the day it was just a beautiful memory!

Hubby and I went out ot eat tonight. I'll have to be good now for the remainder of the week.

Has anyone went on line to check on a possible Nashville stay? I'll check this weekend. Question, what month is good for you all. I'm thinking 1st of October, does anyone have any other suggestions?

Terri, are you watching Big Brother? Maurice & I didn't like the couples, but now that they are individual we think it will be a fairer competition. I've never watched Bigger Loser, most likely because I wasn't ready to get on the wagon and I thought it would be depressing. My mom loves the show.

Well, time to go spend some time with the hubby. Talk to you guys later.

Hi, Dianne, Jen, Es, Sandy and anyone else I left out!!

HI!!! I'll be in on the challenge. That sounds so cool. You and I are close in weight. We can do this. I would like to lose 15 by Memorial Day.

I am so glad BB are singles now. I can't stand
Matt, Natalie, Chelsia, Josh. Sheila gets on my nerves. She was Pet of the year in 1983. She looks a little haggard for 45. I like Ryan. He is an OSU boy.
I could not stand his gf Jen. I do not want her coming back. I want Allison, Amanda or Alex. Amanda and Allison will throw the house for a loop.
Oh, I forgot to answer your question, yes I watch Big Brother. :)

Keep warm!!!!! Hi everyone!
Terri

Zoe
03-09-2008, 03:41 PM
if it isn't the same ole bunch!! OK, so AGAIN I have to say "yes, I've been MIA" and I just don't have a good reason. Of course, not eating right, not eating healthy, not being OP - how are they for excuses?? I've done everything wrong over the last year. I've gained weight instead of losing, I've become so busy with work and home that I can't see straight, and I've been spending all my "other" free time with Miss Rylea - so as of the start of this month, March 1st, I was officially 58 lbs heavier than way back when I never wandered far from you's guys. :?: Is that not pathetic or what?? I think I had thought to try any diet that would seem easy - or "easier" than WW. During those trials, I just gained instead. :mad:

But, the good news is that my daughter finally feels like she wants to try WW too. I had been trying to get her to go but her answer was always "I don't have time to count points". I told her that I would go with her (and even pay her way!) and we could do it together. Now, she's so OCD about points, it's quite comical. So today is my 7th day, the end of ONE week. I weigh in tomorrow after work. I feel so great, so in control. Funny that I couldn't do it for myself but now, wanting Jenna to do well, I feel like I just HAVE to stay on track......for her to stay on track. Does that make any sense? I know we need to do this for ourselves but now I feel like I need to do it for Jenna too, so that she will stick with it.

We started last Monday evening and will weigh in tomorrow. After that, we will be going to the Saturday morning meetings.

So anyway, I have read a little of the posts I've missed although having missed so many, I will never catch up......I feel like you are all friends that will never leave me. I mean, I see "hi Zoe" in so many posts and I don't ever show my face!! You just never forget me or let me go.....:love:

You's guys are the best and now that I am OP, I had better not wander far from you. :grouphug:

I am posting a photo of Rylea. She was 2 in January. Can you believe how time flies???

Talk to you's guys soon

STARTED THREAD NO. 3

See ya there!!!!!

Terri