South Beach Diet - Phrase 1

View Full Version : Phrase 1

milkduds38
01-08-2008, 08:53 PM
Hello to all,

I'm new to the family. I'm on my 2nd day on South Beach Diet and I wondering if there a set amount of allowed sugars in the phrase 1. I haven't purchased the book. I read online that you can have fat free yogurt but again I saw that u can't. I noticed, that I have headaches, does that mean that I'm eating enough or drinking enough water or something?:?:

Ruthxxx
01-09-2008, 06:13 AM
:welcome: to The Beach and Phase I.

It's a good idea to get your hands on the book and read about this plan. I wouldn't buy a book right now as a new and revised edition will be out at the end of April. Please read the stickies in our Frequently Asked Questions and note the Phase I food list. Yogurt is part of your daily dairy allowance.

As to headaches, the Beachers call it the SB Flu! It happens as your body detoxes from bad carbs. If you be sure to get your dairy, eat legumes and glug water, it goes away. Please don't count "sugars" as this is a good carb not a low carb diet.

Be sure to join us on the Phase I Starters thread and in the daily chat.

milkduds38
01-10-2008, 10:01 PM
Hello,
Thanks for responding. I love Yoplait brand yogurt. I brought the fat free one. I was dying to have a cup. Thanks for saving me.

tomandkara
01-10-2008, 10:10 PM
You can't have any yogurts with sugar added, including high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, cane juice, and all the other tricky names they have for sugar. Pretty much in Phase 1 the only kind of yogurt you can have is plain. If you want to sweeten it, you can add some Jell-O sugar free gelatin mix to it or put some artificial sweetener in there.

Kara

Skinny4baby
01-11-2008, 07:27 AM
I actually found some Baby organic yogurt at Wal-Mart. It is 4 oz. 110 cals. It is made with whole milk, but has NO added sugar and no artificial sweetners, as I do not eat anything with those added. I am ttc, so I have read that the best for me is whole milk..organic.

tomandkara
01-11-2008, 08:04 AM
Are you sure it doesn't have "cane juice"? That's actually a fancy word for sugar, like from sugar cane. They're so tricky...

Kara

Skinny4baby
01-11-2008, 08:23 AM
Nope. I double checked...it even has the little * beside the sugar content and then states from natural source only. I like them because they are individual and it is only 4 oz. I am going to try mixing in some nuts.

tomandkara
01-11-2008, 08:29 AM
What's the brand?

Kara

crk05
01-11-2008, 09:32 AM
I actually found some Baby organic yogurt at Wal-Mart. It is 4 oz. 110 cals. It is made with whole milk, but has NO added sugar and no artificial sweetners, as I do not eat anything with those added. I am ttc, so I have read that the best for me is whole milk..organic.

Are you talking about Yobaby yogurt? I feed that to my son all the time. The only one of those that has no sugars at all is the plain kind. The flavors - even vanilla - have organic sugar in them.

Skinny4baby
01-11-2008, 09:39 AM
I know...I goofed on my double check...LOL! I thought the * meant from natural sugars only. You sure do have to be careful!! pooey.