Support Groups - Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks! January 2008!!

Jasmine31
01-08-2008, 05:32 PM
What is Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks?

A bunch of us were all part of different challenges together, and when the challenges ended, we decided not to! So we all came together and decided to start a long term challenge group, and we called them the Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks!

-Anyone can join the group no matter what your goals are or where you are in your weight loss journey.
-We are here to support each other, encourage each other, laugh together, and cry together.
-Our unified goal is to exercise, eat right (whatever diet plan we may each separately be following), and have fun!
-We encourage new members, as the more that join, the more friends we have to support us along the way!
-We only ask that you follow one teensy, tiny rule. At the beginning of each month we state what our goals are, and they can be WHATEVER YOU WANT!
Then at the end of the month we can share how well we did with our goals, etc. However, sharing at the end of the month is completely optional.

Jasmine31
01-08-2008, 05:33 PM
Where is everyone? Well it has been super busy this month and last. We had 3 birthdays and new years and christmas parties galore. I am too scared to step on the scale but am trying to get back in the swing of things. haha

Canuk I am glad to hear you are doing good. How did xmas go? Is the daughter pg for sure?

Jasmine31
01-19-2008, 03:59 PM
Where is everyone? :( Well I have been half on plan/half off. Still keeping up with my walking. That never seems to be a problem. It is the portions I struggle with. ANyhow I faced the music this a.m. 201.60. :( I will get thru this and get that weight down again though. I HAVE to!

How is everyone else doing?

vek
01-19-2008, 04:45 PM
Hi! Here I am! Thank you for the invitation! My goal for the end of the month is 180lb. But, because my official weigh in is every monday and january ends thursday, my goal limit date is monday 4th of february.
I will put pics of "before" and "after" on 4th of february.
:)

miafluker
01-20-2008, 02:44 PM
omg im mia i cant believe this group is still here i was part of the group in 07 then i got preg in march and strayed i had my baby 8 weeks ago and im back

jasmine how are you? do u remember me? lol here is the thread where i announced my pregnancy last year.http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108193

Jasmine31
01-21-2008, 07:19 PM
Hi vek! It is great to have you! I can't wait to see the pics!!!

Hi Mia! It is great to see ya again! As you can see everyone wandered off around the holidays. lol

Show pics of the baby and congrats! How much did you gain?

Well ladies I am now down to 197.609 today so i am losing again. Wheee!!

Jasmine31
01-21-2008, 07:59 PM
Vek and Mia what kind of plan are you going to do? I am doing cal counting and walking.

Vek

You have already lost 15 pounds great work!!

Rhighlan86
01-21-2008, 10:05 PM
Hey ladies, I'm back after surgery and a hiatus to weight loss. Surgery went well and I am not recovering. Hope all is well with everyone else. Check in soon

Jasmine31
01-22-2008, 11:40 AM
Rhighlan86

*hugz sweetie* I have been wondering how you are. I prayed for you. I hope you mis typed and that you ARE recovering, instead of are NOT.

Well I have been keeping my food good. One day wa s400, 1 fay was 1200 and yesterday was a bigger day at 1740. I am hoping for around 1500 today. 4 days a week I am able to walk 80 minutes a day. I usually take 1 day off a week and then the other 2 days are like 50, sometimes 70. Those days I have to do a different path cause I am pushing the stroller.

I was loving the kids xmas break cause I could do the 80 minutes almost every single day. This week they had 1 extra day off and kass is having 2 extra days off so extra walking for me yeah!

miafluker
01-22-2008, 12:19 PM
wow what was i 228 or something like that when i left, i weighed almost 260 when my son was born and now i weigh 240 so i have alot more weight to get this time

and im going to do a mixed plan of fat smash combined with one i saw in self magazine basically eliminating white carbs

Rhighlan86
01-22-2008, 09:11 PM
LOL Jasmine, yes I AM recovering, little brain fart on that one. I am nearly healed, the only thing I can't do is lift heavy objects. Thank you for your prayers I really appreciate them. The only thing that was off from what I was told was that my gallbladder was twisted a bit so it made the surgery longer, which bothered my parents b/c they thought I was getting the huge cut that would take over 2 months to heal. Other than that I'm good to go.

Jasmine31
01-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Well Mia at least everything went okay. I am glad you are back. We need a pic of the baby!

Rhighlan, phew!!! You scared me for a minute. lol

Okay ladies well get back on plan. I am doing okay food wise. The last 2 days I have been at 1742 or so but at least that is under maintenance. I also walked those days 80 minutes each.

Rhighlan86
01-26-2008, 06:55 PM
Argh, i've had the hardest time getting on here in the past few days, but I think i've finally figured out how. The site wouldn't finish loading so I just have to hit refresh 4 or 5 times and then it will finally load.

Anyways things are going good over here, I can't seem to get back into exercise too much, but I can't really until next week anyways. Since I'm not allowed to lift anything over a jug of milk I am going to wait to get back into vigorous exercise, but other than that things are good. I'm missing my boyfriend like crazy. He went to find jobs and that is taking place in other states since he doesn't want to stay in WV. It sucks too b/c he's not much of a phone talker. Food is pretty decent, kinda on kinda off lol just trying to get back into the swing of things.

Hope everything is good with everyone else.

2beautiful2Bfat
01-26-2008, 07:28 PM
Hi I woudl love to join your challenge. I have to think about what my goal will be for feb!

Rhighlan86
01-28-2008, 08:54 AM
Welcome Beautiful~ your goal sounds completely do-able. Good Luck!

Jasmine31
01-31-2008, 11:44 PM
Rhighlan86

Okay so where is he looking for work at? Are you going to go to when he does? Where is he staying now.. lol Yeah I want to know. haha

Well keep on the food as well as you can and soon enough you will be able to exercise again!

2beautiful2Bfat:

Hey glad to have you!

I am still hanging in barely. My exercise went south when we started getting 32 mph winds!!

I am maintaing and trying to keep the cals to 1600 or so. I did get to walk yesterday and today but missed about 3 before that!

I did want to invite you ladies to join me on my new board/blog. Both or whichever you prefer.

Okay so I have been blogging for the past few months on blogspot and have been having such fun I wanted to transfer it to my domain. Then I thought of a new name for my blog, then I thought the old domain wouldnt work!

lol Anyhow so we are in the beginning stages of doing this.

I was able to import all my stuff from blogspot to my new wordpress blog.

My new domain name is dangerouslydeliciousrecipes.com

This is my new blog on my domain:

My Blog (http://dangerouslydeliciousrecipes.com/blog/)

Jess and Alex have joined as well and Jess started a blog on my domain too.

Anyhow we just put up the new board and are working on it right now, dont forget to check the rules. lol

It is going to be alot different from my past boards/websites. Some of the sites I am on now are very strict christians and I dont want to offend them. KWIM? (If they happen to stop by)

Plus I have changed alot and am trying to be a good example to others. lol Imagine that! :)

Anyways we have the board and the domain and we can add 35 blogs for free onto wordpress thru our domain!! Come join us!

My Board (http://dangerouslydeliciousrecipes.com/bd/index.php)

~ Love Jade/Jasmine

vek
02-04-2008, 03:39 PM
Hi everyone!
As I promissed, the first monday of february I will be back!
And here I am!
My goal was to reach 180lbs today. But I didn't reach my goal...:( For the last two weeks I hit a plateau at 187. Today, I finally moved to 186! So, 6 more pounds to go untill I will reach my goal.
But, I should not be upset. I've lost 17lbs in january, I went from a total "let's call a pizza" style of life to a "where is my lettuce?". I am doing calories counting mixed with Atkins. I eat apples, grapefruits, tuna fish, chicken breast and tones of lettuce and spinach. I don't touch sugar, chocolate, candies, pastas, potatoes, white bread.
I went from a "where is the tv remote?" style of life to "let's go take a loooooooong walk in the snow!". I started to use my bike almost everyday and I just enrolled in a Karate club. Today is going to be my first class! And it's going to be 2-3 times a week, 1h30min each.
These are my news. I think they are great, even if I didn't yet reach my goal. But as soon as I will loose those 6 hellish pounds, I will keep my promise to post my first "before" and "after" set of pics.
Deal!:D

Rhighlan86
02-05-2008, 02:55 PM
Well Jasmine, he has found a job in Charlotte NC sort of, it is an internship for now, but will go on to be a job. He's not really sure that he wants it, but since it is what is available to him right not he is going to take it for the time being. I will be going with him once I graduate, Charlotte is only 6 hours from my home and about the same from his so it'll be ok. He came up this weekend and he almost didn't go back, things have gotten really good between us again and I didn't want him to leave and he didn't want to leave so he nearly applied for a job here for temporary work until I graduate in May, but since he is expected in Charlotte tomorrow he went ahead and went. I hope that this helps spur my weight loss efforts though since it'll be until the end of march when I get to see him again.

Jasmine31
02-05-2008, 05:53 PM
vek

Hi Vek!!

You are doing great!!! Change takes time and you are doing that. I was a bit sad to get on the scale today and see 203! ugghhhh I have gained a couple back. But I stopped and realized that 203 was where I was at the end of January last year. I then gained back up to 220! cause of stress with my ex. I got ahold of it around April. But what I am telling myself is that I still have lost 80 pounds! I still have along way to go but I can do it. 10 pounds at a time. And so can you.

Rhighlan:

That is going to be so hard to be apart!!! Yes work on your health as best as you can and you two will be together soon. *HUGZ*

Jasmine31
02-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Well I got on the scale a few days ago and I was 198.6 so i think it was water retention from some salty food. Now I am on my period so i know better than to get on a scale at all! lol

How is everyone else doing?

Jasmine31
02-16-2008, 04:27 AM
Where is everyone? Well I posted pics. Click the link in my sig!

jillnicole03
02-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Hi Jasmine I'd like to join if possible... :) All the forums have been a little dead :/ which is a bummer because I live in a new area and still don't know any girls!! Anyways... Jan1st I weighed in at 190
Feb1st- 183lbs
and I'm waiting another week before I weigh mysef again but last I looked I was 178lbs :)

CyndiM
02-17-2008, 10:06 AM
here we are in February but I'd like to join in too.

2beautiful2Bfat
02-17-2008, 11:13 AM
Sorry I haven't been around I forgot to subsribe to this thread!! Anyways I didn't make my v-day goal so I was off by 2 lbs!! But hopefully will make it by March 1.

Jasmine when you have your period do you gain weight because I got mine today and was up and am hoping that is the reason!!

Jasmine31
02-18-2008, 05:48 PM
jillnicole03

Yeah!! Yes join me! I was thinking it would be a shame to close this group down after we have been around so long but I hate posting by myself! lol

178? You are doing great!! I have lost 80 pounds plus a few but I am needing to just push this thru! Stick around!

CyndiM

Yes you can join us too! Yeah more people! Tell us about yourself!

2beautiful2Bfat

Just rememmber we change the thread once a month. It used to be every week when it was super busy, then once a month. Now it has been so slow. ugghhhh

Yes I know when Tom is here we retain water. I retain when I am ovulating as well! Good to see ya again. Stick around! lol

Okay ladies so i was doing great last week. Walking 60 minutes a day, I was down to 197.20 but then I had 3 really bad days! Vday hit so we went to outback but we missed our movie! So the next day I got my hair done and we wanted to go see a movie and I wanted to go out to eat again! So we did. The mexican restaraunt. Then the next day we met up with my ex's family for the kids to celebrate birthdays etc. I had soda all 3 days!!! Arrgghhh! I know I am probably retaining water and the scale says 200 this a.m. Yeah I am mad at myself. I want to lose, not maintain!

How is everyone doing today? I am back on track as of yesterday.

Jasmine31
02-18-2008, 09:03 PM
Okay ladies well I finished today off at 1381. Yesterday was 1425 and I walked 75 minutes each day! Wheee!!!!

CyndiM
02-18-2008, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the welcome Jasmine :)

I've still got PT exercises to do before bed, so just a quick intro tonight. I'm not sure if there's a correct format, so I'll just take a stab at it.

I've been following South Beach with a very liberal dose of regular exercise since 10/1 and have done pretty well. I'm 46, have been fighting my weight since I was 7, and just need to find a plan I can live with. No great noble incentive - my knees hurt, I had no stamina, couldn't even walk up stairs without breathing hard and just didn't want to be that out of shape anymore.

I live in Vermont with my partner and our two very demanding (and in control) cats. I'm a very avid birder. I spend a lot of time at the computer (at work and some at home) and my spine shows it.

Early in the month at the South Beach forum I set a weight loss goal of 4 lbs and an exercise goal of 1500 minutes for the month. Today I surpassed that goal, so I'd like to try for 2000 minutes (why not?!). I'm becoming more interested in fitness and endurance than numbers on the scale. Never thought I'd say that!

Thanks for the invitation and the welcome :)

2beautiful2Bfat
02-19-2008, 07:10 AM
So Jasmine does that mean that I basically lose a week of weight loss every month becasue of TOM? Or after TOM leaves wil I lose the water weight and then some? For me that woudl meean registering about a 5lb loss next week? seems strange? Is it possible? I'm currently retining about 2 lbs. It was 3 yesterday. But I woudl also expect to lose 2 lbs for the week!! Oh I am so bothered by this!! Help!

Jasmine: did you have diet soda or regular? Does soda also make you retain? What's 1381?

Jasmine31
02-19-2008, 12:05 PM
CyndiM

That was a great intro! I have thought of south beach before cause it is similiar to atkins but with more carbs.

You are doing great! 45 lbs off already! I bet you are feeling much better. :)

That is great surpassing your exercise goal! That would happen to me alot. I would say 1500 minutes of walking and then do 2000. Right now I tell myself at least 50-60 minutes 6 days a week. On the days I can do 75 or 80 I do it.

But I tell myself more than anything I HAVE to watch the cals! I am one of those people it is easier for me to walk than to cut back on my food. lol

So that is why I told myself I HAVE to stick to 1200-1600 and if I only feel like walking 50 minuts then so be it. Better that than 70-80 minutes and my cals over 2000.

And you are welcome!

2beautiful2Bfat

So Jasmine does that mean that I basically lose a week of weight loss every month becasue of TOM? Or after TOM leaves wil I lose the water weight and then some? For me that woudl meean registering about a 5lb loss next week? seems strange? Is it possible? I'm currently retining about 2 lbs. It was 3 yesterday. But I woudl also expect to lose 2 lbs for the week!! Oh I am so bothered by this!! Help!

All of our bodies are different. Basically if you are retaining water then yes you will lose all of that, if you are suposed to lose than yes you should lose that as well. I have been known to retain up to 5 lbs of water weight at once too. lol

this is the thing though, you cant obsess over the scale or it will drive you insane! If you dont lose what you thought you would lose you may give up.

I do weigh once a day but only when I feel I can handle it. haha A few months ago I was very upset and wound up smashing my scale.

I waited about 2 months to get a new one.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115826

That is a good thing to read about scale fluctuations.

WHat I like to do and what really helps is this. Take a picture , take a few, and write the date down. Then the next month write the date and weight down again. There have been months where I was walking my butt off and eating good and only seen 2-3 lbs on the scale.

But I looked at the pictures and I could see a big difference and that fat was coming off. Another good thing to use is a tape measure.

Jasmine: did you have diet soda or regular? Does soda also make you retain? What's 1381?

1381 is my calories for the day. :)

I drank regular soda. I will tell you why too. SOmething I have noticed while losing all this weight is that diet soda also triggers my appetitte. There are certain things you will find that do this. It may not affect everyone but there are other women on board who feel the same way.

Other studys are trying to link diet soda to diabetes. BUT they arent sure if it actually causes diabetes or if people who are more prone to drink it are more prone to being obese and thus more prone to being diabetic.

I know in real life both my parents always drank diet pepsi, never ate healthy, never exercised etc, both diabetic, BUT my best friends parents were the same way with always drinking diet coke, they almost always were eating desert every night and freezer meals. I have nevere heard of either of them being diabetic. Now both of them have not been overweight either besides a few extra lbs here and there.

I don't know. It's just one of those things. Generally I try to stick to whole foods and keep soda to a once every 2 week treat. Most the times on our weekly trip to In and Out I just get water. I dont even get tea cause I try to avoid caffeine.

I have noticed that 7 up when I buy that at home for a treat is very refreshing to have on occasion and I can have two glasses and not feel like I need to drink the whole bottle or have more the next day.

We all just have to do what works for us though.

19 lbs off you are doing great too! WHat plan are you on?

Okay my scale read 198.2 this a.m.

Jasmine31
02-19-2008, 03:30 PM
Okay just got back from my walk, 75 minutes! I am all out of hummus though. :( I usually have crackers and hummus mixed with salmon for lunch. :(

jillnicole03
02-19-2008, 06:12 PM
Hello again ladies :) Today is day 7 of my new Fat Smash diet.. which is basicaly healthy eating. It's nice not counting points or calories for a change.. but I have counted a couple days just to see what I was coming up as... and I'm still eating at or under what my allowed weight watchers points were. I've also been eating a lot more fruits and veggies! :)
SO I feel really good! Has anyone tried fake meat? Like Boca burgers, Morning Star Farmers Sausage patties or chicken patties? I've just started eating fake meat for about a month now and I love it! Plus it's still full of protein and very low calorie. :)

Well ladies today is my bad off.. ahhh finally! I actualy just put in my 3 week notice! MY job is very stressfull, I do emergency room admitting and I finally realized I need to get out while I can! So I'm going to set up an appointment with a college counselor just to check it out and go to a job fair March 5th!

Jasmine it sounds like you're doing really good! Keep it up!

Vek... you are so awesome! Congrats on last months weight loss! And I know it's frustrating when the scale doesn't move but I'm sure you FEEL a lot better... you're doing so much and you should be sooo proud of yourself!!

CyndiM... Great job passing your goal! That's so wonderful when you actually start to like excercising! I can't wait to get back to that point lol :)

2beautifu2befat Just try to wait a week or so before weighing and just keep tryng hard.. it all pays off in the end! Sometimes seeing the scale makes me want to give up but then I remember how good I feel and that I can't let that get to me!

Alright ladies have a great day!

SouthernGal07
02-19-2008, 06:28 PM
Hello everyone,

Thank you Jasmine for inviting me. I am doing fat smash. I just started over today. Things were very hectic and I was not eating right. I am wanting to lose at least 20 pounds by my birthday which is March 26th, so I basically have a month. My goal this month is to get to a point where I can exercise and walk without pain. I feel better since I lost some weight but I know the more I lose the easier it will be to get mobile. My other goal is to not let life keep me from eating right.

2beautiful2Bfat
02-19-2008, 07:16 PM
okay I am going to try not to obsess over the scale.
Intereasteing info abotu the soda!! I'm currently staying away from it but I was never a huge soda drinker anyway.

I'm not really on a plan and I thought I was doing my own low carb thing but now it turns out I am actually eating more carbs than I realized so technically I'm doing moderate carbs!

2beautiful2Bfat
02-19-2008, 07:18 PM
Jill I live on fake meat!! Have you tried zoglo's it is very good!

jillnicole03
02-19-2008, 10:01 PM
2beautiful2befat... lol that sounded funny the way you said it! I havn't tried it... do you get it from reguar stores or specialty?

jillnicole03
02-19-2008, 11:48 PM
SouthernGal07.... 20 lbs is a lot to lose in one month girl!! MAybe you should make your goal a little smaller but hope for bigger just so it doesn't upset you if you don't get the full 20. But I definitley have faith in you! :)

2beautiful2Bfat
02-20-2008, 08:14 AM
jill I get it in the regular section it is in the frozen food...they have all kinds of differnt products like chicken nuggets, kebabs , burgers you name it and they have it and they are very tasty.

Jasmine31
02-20-2008, 11:37 AM
jillnicole03

I have never tried fake meat. I know some ladies on the forum though, RockinRobin have had them and they seem to like them. WHat is in them instead? lol

Emergency room admittor? Yikes! That does sound stressful!! What will you go to school to do?

Jasmine it sounds like you're doing really good! Keep it up!

Thanx! Yeah last week I did great for 5 days than terrible for 3 days. Ugghhh I need to have it be 5 great days and 1 terrible day. lol

Yeah Vek where are you? :)

CyndiM..

Great job passing your goal! That's so wonderful when you actually start to like excercising! I can't wait to get back to that point lol

I actually love my walks. I better, I have been doing it long enough. lol I enjoy that way more than cutting my food. Most the time I WANT to walk, once in a while I get sluggish.

SouthernGal07

Thank you Jasmine for inviting me. I am doing fat smash.

Your welcome. That sounds good. Jill Nicole is doing that too! I am not familiar with fat smash. You do still get to have fat right? We all need fat to survive. There are some better for your heart fats like nuts and avocadoes and olive oil, used in moderation along with a sensible diet really help.

I am a calorie counter and track with fitday. I lost from 280 down to 242 by walking 60 minutes 6 days and eating healthier. When I hit 242 I hit a brick wall for like a month. I was so frustrated, I only lost like 3 lbs that month. I finally realized I was still eating too much and discovered fitday.com and calorie counting.

I found a womans nutritional health calculator where I put in my age and weight and height and it tells you how many calories your body needs a day to maintain that weight. Then you lower the cals/up the exercise and you lose. The months when I stuck to about 60 minutes of walking 6 days a week and 1700 cals I lost 9 pounds that month.

I have actually lost about 70 pounds cal counting/exercise cause 20 pounds I gained back last year due to stress and had to lose that 20 all over again. I also purchased a new scale which is 6 pounds higher than my old one.

Anyhow southern gal I just really want to make sure you dont eat too little. I have a friend who is diabetic and over 300 pounds and her nutritionist had the nerve to put her on a 1200 calorie diet!

That is why so many people remain over weight. They think they need to starve themselves to lose, and they are hungry, so they starve and then they see food and then they gorge. They think they have no self control and are destined to be fat.

If you want me to run your stats thru the womens health calculator let me know. You can still do fat smash but like you hear jillnicole say she still wanted to make sure she was in her allotted weight watcher points.

At the end of the day ladies, all any diet is is cals in/cals out. A successful diet is one that gets you to eat less than what your body needs to maintain your weight.

Some people like atkins even though I wouldnt recommend it. SOme people try low fat, some try whole foods(which I do recommend) some do cal counting, which is very succesful for alot of women on the forum.

In your case southern gal I dont think 20 pounds is unrealistic. Have you started trying to walk yet?

Anyhow I am so glad you joined!!

2beautiful2Bfat

Glad to hear that. How many carbs are you doing? My goal is usually 50% carbs/30%fat/20%protein.

JillNicole sometimes when a person has more to lose they are able to lose more. I can lose 10 pounds in a month when on plan. If she sets the goal at 20 and only hits 15 then that is better than setting it at 10 and only hitting 5. KWIM? As we climb down the scale we have a harder time losing. Like some girls struggle with that last 10 pounds for months when they are near their goal weight!

Well see how it goes.

Well I am so glad to see everyone posting! Feel free to invite more people! You are also welcome to put the hot and healthy challenge chick link in your signature. If you need help just ask me!

Okay so I wound up at 1517 yesterday and I walked 75 minutes. That is 3 days on plan and I am feeling good again. Yeah!!

Jasmine31
02-20-2008, 11:43 AM
JillNicole:

I just read your profile! I am in Cali too! WHich part are you in? I live in Victorville area. I seen you say you lost when you were 17, I did the same! I was 15 though and about 220. I lost down to about 160. Then a few years went by and the weight crept back up again. I think I was about 190 in 1993 when I got married the first time. Then I think I pretty much stayed at 220. Then more weight crept up. :(

but I am really proud of myself right now cause I haven't been this weight in like 15 years lol I am 33 now.

Jasmine31
02-20-2008, 11:47 AM
Just weighed, 196.6!!! Hooray!! Here are my weights for the last 8 days. The 14th, 15th and 16th were my really bad days and I was scared to even weigh in on the 16th. But I forced myself to on the 17th.

198.6 12th
197.6 13th
197.2 14th
197.6 15th
? 16th
201 17th
200 18th
197.20 19th
196.6 20th

Okay so actually I have lost about 2 pounds this week. I am not counting the water weight at 201. I am counting 198.6 down to 196.6. WHeeee!!!

jillnicole03
02-20-2008, 04:56 PM
2beautiful2befat: I'm going to pick some up when I go grocery shopping! I just went so probably in a week or 2 I'm excited :) Thanks for the tip! Oh and by the way when I read your 18lbs lost this month story... I called and told my mom and she NEVER wants to diet but is so unhappy with her weight and ever since I read her your forum she has really been thinking about trying!!

Jasmine31: It's basically like soy and veggies... you should give them a try put a boca burger for instance on a bun with all the works! Let us know what you think :)
Yes I use to love working admitting in the ER but it's just becoming to stressful expecially now that our patient load is doubled but our staff isn't! Well I'm going to talk to a counselor for all my options, I heard you can take a 3 week class that helps you figure out things you are interested in.. so I want to check into that! Otherwise in my head I think of things like teen counselor or social worker something like that.
Oh and that's true when I was 235 and started dieting/walking I lost 20 lbs my first month, the only thing is after that I assumed I would lose 20 lbs the following month by doing the same and I didn't and I was dissapointed that's all :) But yeah it is definitley do-able!
***I live in Sonora, CA it's close to Yosemite :) That's awesome 15 years is a long time! Good job!!! I love to hear peoples success.. especially from STRONG WOMEN! :) Great job on your loss this week! :)

2beautiful2Bfat
02-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Jasmine

Fake meat- usually soy or tofu of some sort.

My percentage seem to be about 50 carb 30 fat and 20 protein soemtiems a bit less protein and more carb but 85% of my carbs are vegies and fruit.

what is KWIM?

How do you put the link hear in your signature?

Jill
Wow it feels good to be an inspiration to someone!! Maybe you shoudl get your mom to join 3FC?

jillnicole03
02-21-2008, 03:35 PM
2Beautiful: She does want to join but doesn't have a computer yet!! Probably within the month.. she would definitley benefit from it, I know I do!'

What's onderland?

jillnicole03
02-21-2008, 04:15 PM
My boyfriend just had flowers delivered to my house :)

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b314/jillnicole03/flowerssss001.jpg

Jasmine31
02-21-2008, 06:56 PM
jillnicole03

I think the most I ever lost in a month was 9 pounds. Yosemite! Northern Calif. Cool! Yeah we are way down here in So Cal. about 3 hours from Vegas.

Thanx.. Yeah, I cant wait to finish the rest of my journey!

2beautiful2Bfat

My percentage seem to be about 50 carb 30 fat and 20 protein soemtiems a bit less protein and more carb but 85% of my carbs are vegies and fruit.

That is good.

kWIM is know what I mean

How do you put the link hear in your signature?

okay go into your signature. Do you see the code for your weight loss ticker? Highlight that and copy it. (Don't delete it though) Now paste that in another, "second" spot in your signature.

In the second spot, the copied code, after it says "url =" paste in this

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130663

Make sure you take the other link out though. Then you will see brackets and inside of brackets it says "img". Right after that there is a bracket, paste this in:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/Jadedminx/HHCC.gif

Take out the old image link. Then you will see brackets and /img. Anyhow make sure you click preview. Tell me if that makes sense.

Jillnicole:

onederland is being under 200 lbs. Some ladies start at well over 200 so it is something special to be in "onederland" lol

Yeah when your mom can join us that would be cool!

Those flowers are beautiful!!

V day (http://dangerouslydeliciousrecipes.com/blog/?p=133) I put pics of my roses up on my blog.

Rhighlan86
02-21-2008, 06:58 PM
Sorry ladies, I've been sucky about posting. I'll catch up here in a bit. Welcome to everyone new :)

2beautiful2Bfat
02-21-2008, 07:49 PM
I don't really get how to do it!! I tried but when i previewed it I had 2 tickers and the image wasn't there!

2beautiful2Bfat
02-21-2008, 07:51 PM
how about this

Jasmine31
02-21-2008, 09:23 PM
Hi rhighlan good to see ya again! Stick with us so we can keep the group going!

2beautiful, well it has the image at least! lol Look at the code for the otehr one and see how that code is.

2beautiful2Bfat
02-22-2008, 07:43 AM
I still don't get waht I did wrong but the pic is cute!!

ellis
02-22-2008, 09:54 AM
2beautiful, I tried to do it for you, but I can only adjust your signature. ;)

Go to your User CP.
Then go to "Edit Profile".
Scroll down to "Additional Information", and you'll see where you can put in your height and weight stuff.

Let me know if you have problems with it! :wave:

2beautiful2Bfat
02-22-2008, 12:08 PM
okay I still don't get it!! Ellis there was a spot for a blog and for fitday but that's it. Although I did add my stats and I always wondered hwo to do that so thanks!!

2beautiful2Bfat
02-22-2008, 12:11 PM
Jill- nice flowers!! I wish that would happen to me!!

Anyways I am hoping to be at 200 again when i weigh in on sunday because then I am getting a new purse. The best present woudl be if I weigh in at 199!! I am desperate to get into onderland. I just feel like then i woudl be normal!!! I also will be happy when i am overweight and not obese!!

Jasmine31
02-22-2008, 12:50 PM
2beautiful, my dh said to put this into your sig, take the other one out.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/Jadedminx/HHCC.gif (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130663)

Jasmine31
02-22-2008, 01:04 PM
2beautiful I was really happy when I got into onederland. But I just want to remind you you ARE normal no matte what you weigh. :)

What kind of purse are you getting?

Well I had my treat day yesterday, cals were at 1790 with pizza and cheesey bread. I didnt walk yesterday either.

Yesterday the scale said 196! And now this a.m. it says 196.6!!! arrrgghhh!!!! I think I may be retaining water. I averaged out the cals for all 5 days and it averaged out to be 1523. Even with that high day. And 4 of those days I walked 75 minutes. I think I really need to slam the water today.

jillnicole03
02-22-2008, 02:34 PM
Hello Hello :) So today is day 10 of my 'Fat Smash Diet' which officially puts me into Phase2 and adds a few extra foods to what I 'can' have! This morning I had a bowl of Special K Fruit & Yogurt, yummy I've been waiting for that!
So you have to wait until day 10 until you weigh....

so I finally weighed this morning...

Feb 1st I was 183 lbs....

today Feb 22nd.....

174 lbs =)

Yaaayyyyyy 9 lbs!!!! I didn't think it would be that much! :cheer2:

CyndiM
02-22-2008, 10:05 PM
Hello all :wave:

Sorry I'm such a bum! I'm reading the new posts every night but it's tough to find time to write for a few minutes. That's one thing I haven't figured out - how do I balance Life with exercise and eating healthy. Seems like I get home from work; relax for a few minutes if I got out early enough; cook dinner; eat dinner; relax for a few and maybe talk to my Mom or daughter; do a cardio workout; short break with a snack; PT workout mixed with weights; fall down! By the time I get to bed I'm achy and tired and manage to put heat on my back while petting the cat and finishing my PT exercises. Seems like there's no time to do anything else. How do you all manage to fit other things in?? I'm not really whining (though it might read that way) because I love how healthy my body is becoming. I just can't figure out how to make this part of my life without it controlling my life.

A couple of days ago I experienced the Unfortunate Sugar Free Candy Incident. I will never, ever be tempted by that stuff again. My stomach is still not quite right. From now on if I must indulge it will be a small piece of good, extra dark chocolate - the real stuff.

Jillnicole - I've been thinking of trying fat smash when I hit the inevitable plateau. What do you think of it as an eating plan? It seems healthy, just a bit of a change from what I'm doing. BTW I'm a vegetarian so fake meat is the only type I eat. I love Lightlife smart cutlets. Tonight I cooked them in peppers and mushrooms :drool:

2beautiful - I know what you mean about the silly labels. I was so excited when I crossed over into overweight. I also like shopping for clothes in the regular section. So is this a purse you're had your eye on? :)

Jasmine - I had a no exercise day yesterday myself. Was all set to get on the treadmill when my Mom called. By the time I got off the phone I was just too darn tired to push myself. I do miss cheesy bread - wonder how it would be on whole wheat with lf cheese? I bet if there was enough garlic it would still be good. Hmm, might have to try that this weekend.

Becky - :wave: nice to meet you

Okay, time for the weights and PT exercises.

losinitin07
02-23-2008, 09:35 AM
:wave:every one can I join in this is such an inspiring group of ladies , my name is Rena I have a goal of about 25 lbs to lose and it is not coming off easy.I'm looking forward to meeting ya all and I will post often take care God Bless

2beautiful2Bfat
02-23-2008, 09:00 PM
The purse is the best ever check it out! It has all these compartments so you will never lose anything again!!
http://www.butlerbag.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ID=93&SCID=37

Jasmien how did the water go? I'm also still retaining so I sympathize!! I drank 3 litres today so I hope to see something good tomorrow!

Jill way to go on the loss!! I might have to try this fat smash!!

Cyndi I know what you mean about the balance...I feel liek weightloss is my hobby! between working out and coming on 3FC I probably spend 2 hours a day focused on it!!

:welcome: Rena!

jillnicole03
02-24-2008, 02:16 AM
CyndiM... I think if you are a vegetarian FS diet will be even easier for you! That's one less thing to give up :) Personally I love it
I want to tell all my friends about it because even if you only do Phase1 which is 9 days it totally helped me overcome my over eating!! The
first few days are a little hard but then it's awesome. I even ate a lot of fruits and veggies the foirst couple days... probably more than I should have had
and still lost :)

2beautiful... yaaayyyy new purse!!! =)

So ladies today was kinda boring lol Just worked and that's it! Wow I'm exciting.. I was thinking I should go out tonight but I just don't want to.. too bad to because I look hot today lol ;)

My new favorite snack: Apple slices dipped in low cal vanilla pudding... mmmmmm soooo good!

2beautiful2Bfat
02-24-2008, 05:11 PM
Jill I still don't have the purse!! I really don't know what is going on with my body!! The scale is jumping around like mad!! Although I saw 200 it was only for a day and now I am back up? I don't know if this is still TOM related or what!!

jillnicole03
02-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Today is day 12(Fat Smash) for me I think lol and we still don't get bread but we do get cereal. I don't miss meat at all... the only meat I've eaten since is like little pieces that are in canned soup. I use to be a huge binge eater no matter how good I was doing on a current diet... and I can HONESTLY say I have not binged once on FS!!! This is definitley a life style change for me.. I'm still nervous about the future but I'm so happy I started this! A few days ago I found some things out about my best friend that really turned my life upside down, but I havn't let it affect my diet, unfortunatly it has affected my exercising I havn't exercised since I found out... I just kinda feel dead and weak inside.. so I definitley need to just kick my butt back in gear.

I just bought some Walden Farms 0 calorie dressings/dips... unfortunatly I bought them BEFORE I read all the bad reviews lol... Oh well... So far I have only tried the 'Honey Mustard Salad Dressing' and I do like it. It's not over the top delicious kinda reminds me of something I'd buy at the dollar store lol but EDIBLE. Havn't tried the other things but I'm guessing they arn't too great... After I try them all which might take awhile I'm going to post about them.

Breakfast: Strawberry Shredded Mini Wheats & F/F Milk
Lunch: Spinach Salad w/ 0cal. dressing and a little shredded cheese & crunched up nuts

2beautiful: You're soooo close to getting the purse though!! Good for you for not giving in and buying it before your goal! I'm so proud of you :) You still have til March 1st I know you can do it! :cheer2:

2beautiful2Bfat
02-24-2008, 07:46 PM
Jill I'm sorry about your friend I knwo how it can get you down but look you are so good for not letting it affect your eating! Now we both have to exercise!1 Do you have time tonight? I have so much to do but I am going to try to squeeze in a small workout. if nothing else at leats my crunches. I aim for 135 crunches a day.

Are the walden farms not supposed to be good? I haven't bought them but I was thinking about trying the marshmallow fluff they make.

Your breakfast sounds sooo good!! I haven't had cereal since the beginning of january!! I may really try the fat smash! If by the end of the week my weight is not down then I am going to get the fat smash book. Are you doing the regualr or extreme?

I really want my purse!!!

jillnicole03
02-25-2008, 02:35 AM
2beautiful... I did 35 min of elliptical tonight! Thanks for the push :cheer2:
I read on here and hungry girl that the Walden Farm products were gross except the dressings... I did buy the marshmallow stuff, when I open it i'll let you know my opinion!
Let me know if you end up doing Fat Smash.. I really do love it! You have to wait 9 days until you have cereal but it's worth it :)

BF: Strawberry Shredded Wheats & F/F Milk
L: Spinach Salad w/sprinkle of cheese, nuts & 0cal. Dressing
S: Strawberries & Grapes
D: Honey Baked Beans

Hope all you ladies are doing wonderful and staying on track!! :carrot:

2beautiful2Bfat
02-25-2008, 05:03 AM
Well at least someone worked out!! I didn't even do my crunches :(
Today is a new day and a new week and the last one in february so I am going to really push myself this week.

When do you get meat on fat smash? Also do you drink full fat milk meaning 3.25 % ?

Jasmine31
02-25-2008, 12:20 PM
JillNicole:

I LOVE yogurt!!

174 lbs? WOW! You are doing great!!!! WTG!!!

CyndiM

I'm not really whining (though it might read that way) because I love how healthy my body is becoming. I just can't figure out how to make this part of my life without it controlling my life.

SO glad to know you are hanging in! Well I am a SAHM and my hat is off to the ladies who are trying to do this AND work. This is really a mental game. I find the times I am more focused on losing it is like it takes all my extra energy and mind power to do it.

You really have to be "in the game". Counting the cals, not slipping with unhealthy meals to often, making time to exercise, etc. It is very frustrating. I am normally a 6 day a week walker and I get so mad when other things come up. Like I just missed 3 days in a row!

The weather has been crazy, rainy and windy with gust up to 27 mph! naturally my food went south too and I weighed in at 198 today. I am NOT happy but I am hoping some oof it is water weight.

Thursday we had pizza and I did count and was at 1790, not too bad. But then I was on track friday til dh wanted to go out to dinner at home town buffet. I quit counting. Saturday we were out looking for vans and stopped for pastrami and fries and onion rings and thousand island dressing and ranch. uggghhhh.

Yesterday I was so stressed with this van/credit stuff he brought home hot fried chicken from ths store and potato salad and rolls. I could of gone back into fitday and counted but then I wanted popcorn with lots of butter and I didnt count and I had a skiny cow ice cream.

I am mad at myself.

Time to get back with it.

We make whole wheat pizza at home some times. Try montana wheat or kind arthur!

losinitin07

every one can I join in this is such an inspiring group of ladies , my name is Rena I have a goal of about 25 lbs to lose and it is not coming off easy.I'm looking forward to meeting ya all and I will post often take care God Bless

Yes of course you can join us!! We are glad to have you!

What kind of plan are you on?

2beautiful2Bfat

Read what I wrote up above in red. I have been BAD!!!! waaahhh!!!

jillnicole03

So ladies today was kinda boring lol Just worked and that's it! Wow I'm exciting.. I was thinking I should go out tonight but I just don't want to.. too bad to because I look hot today lol

You are doing great! Glad you are feeling like it too!

2beautiful2Bfat

Awww Just stick with your plan!!

jillnicole03

That is good you havent binged! WTG!

Well I hope everything is okay with the best friend! *hugz*

Okay ladies. I am feeling fat and lazy. I cant believe I blew off 3 days like that. It is hard when the dh is home for his weekend and we are going places and doing things. *sigh*

Jasmine31
02-25-2008, 12:22 PM
Oh and ladies I will be starting a new thread for us March 1, 08 so I will post it in here.

Rhighlan86
02-25-2008, 07:11 PM
Ok there's so much going on here that I am just going to jump back in.

I switched my calories to 1300-1600 and I've been doing the Firm and can't for the life of me get out of the 190's and its making me quite angry :mad: and frustrated. I'm sticking with it, but it seems like every other day its up and down. My body is so out of whack. Surprisingly I'm even taking vitamins every day. My TOM is going nuts also and so I'm going to try and find a bcp again and see if it works for me without making me a crazy lady (i cant take a lot of hormones they overwhelm me.)

The things in the relationship area arent going too well either, I thought they were but apparently not. Or according to him they aren't. His job sucks and he;'s not finding anything else and he said he's so confused about everything in his life right now.

So now I'm in limbo, I'm trying to finish school, trying to get rid of this plateau, trying to figure out my relationship, and trying to find a job myself. Sorry for bringing things down but for me things are a little ho-hum right now. :bomb:

Hope all is going well for everyone else~

jillnicole03
02-26-2008, 04:03 PM
Hello ladies :broc: I'm glad everyone is trying so hard! Sometimes when we don't see results we want to give up.... but we have to remember giving up is not the result we want! And even when we're not losing weight.. we are definitley HEALTHIER!

BECKY.... Don't give up! And don't feel bad for releasing your stress! WHenever your stressed or somethings on your mind it's way better to talk to us about it than over eat ;) Are you following any plan or just healthier eating?

2BEAUTIFUL....I say f/f milk... as in FAT FREE Milk :) I actually never liked milk so fat free milk is my favorite since it's not really strong. On Fat Smash you can't have meat for the first 9 days, but after that you get 4 ounces of meat a day for Phase2... and then Phase3 you get 5ounces of meat a day :) If you do want to look into doing Fat Smash check your local library for the book :cheer2: and at least do Phase1 which is 9 days for a test run!

JASMINE.... We all mess up.. don't let it get to you! Just brush off the dirt and get back on the wagon ;) You can do it!!

Oh and I weighed this morning... 170 lbs! :cheer2:

So since Feb 1st (184 lbs) I have lost 14 lbs!! In less than a month!! I can't believe it! Even when I was eating heathy just following Weight Watcher points I only lost 6 lbs!

I love Fat Smash =)
--------Food--------
BF: Special K w/ a little Fiber1 cereal mixed in & F/F Milk
For lunch I'll probably have steamed broccoli with l/c caesar dressing mmmm... it's really yummy...

jillnicole03
02-27-2008, 11:21 PM
Last night after a very vigorous day at work I walked for an hour, did great with my eating and then went to sleep :) Yesterday work was super busy and stressful... and it just made me so happy I quit.
Today was my day off, I went grocery shopping and got things done... I'm not going to exercise today but I was walking basically all day. I bought lots of healthy stuff, nothing bad =D

Today:
BF: Apple sliced w/Vanilla Pudding
L: Banana, Apple & 2 Tangerines
D: 2 BlackBean MSF Soy Burgers w/broccoli & carrots
S: Grapes & Sugar free Hot Chocolate (25 cal. not sure if I can have on P2)

I love BlackBean MorningStarFarms Burger Patties... they're SO delicious,lots of protein and only 80 calories.

2BEAUTIFUL... Congratulations on Onederland!!!!!!!! I knew you can do it!

Jasmine31
02-28-2008, 12:36 PM
Rhighlan86

He hun it is great to see you! This group isn't just about diet and exercise, we are people with every day problems and we need support. *hugz*

WHat did he say particularily about you and him? Yeah his job sucks and he is confused but what does that have to do with you? Grrrr!!!!

Just take it one day at a time. How long til you finish school?

Hang in there!

jillnicole03

And even when we're not losing weight.. we are definitley HEALTHIER!

Exactly. When I plateau that is what I tell myself. Well I actually only plat. once.. lol The rest of the time it was CHOICES. haha

JASMINE.... We all mess up.. don't let it get to you! Just brush off the dirt and get back on the wagon You can do it!!

Thanx! Yeah the last two days I have been back ON. ABout 1400 calories and yesterday I got my walk into. I was HAPPY! # really bad days and no wlaking for 5 days! But I have been stressed trying to get a van and 2 days in a row it was wind gust up to 28 mph!

Oh and I weighed this morning... 170 lbs!

WOW!!!! I am jealous!! lol
WTG!!!!

I am glad to hear fat smash is working so well for you.

You have lost 14 lbs in a month? Okay, now I am really jealous. lol

The most I ever lost in a month was 9 and I know when I am consitant, I can do it, but this last month has been 4-5 great days and then 3 bad days and it is coming off so slow!

I know its my fault.

How many calories are you eating a day? WHat is your carb/fat/protein ratio? I am very impressed. I need to kick this up!

jillnicole03
02-28-2008, 03:46 PM
Jasmine.............

Ok so I estimated a few of my days for calories and protein so you can have an idea of what I'm eating. Between 950-1250 calories and 40-60 protein grams.
I always check for protein and fiber in my mail meals. For breakfast I usually have egg whites, soy sausage, cereal w/milk, oatmeal, fruit.. things like this, all which have nice source of protein or fiber.
For lunch I always make sure I have protein... ex. beans, soy burger patti or soup.
Anyways hope this gives you an idea of my intake ;) If you want more info on Fat Smash I can give you that info as well or you can most likely pick the book up at your local library.

Rhighlan86
02-28-2008, 05:19 PM
Let's start with the easy stuff.... I have been doing well with calories, since I haven't been getting in much exercise I decided to find out how many calories I should have if I am sedentary so it said like 1590 something so I decided to do a range of 1300-1600. I don't really know whether I have lost any weight or not because first I was TOM and now I am sick. Blah

Now onto the hard stuff... Ok he said that he is unsure about things and unsure about whether he wants to stay together. He cares about me, but he is confused with everything in his life. With him being confused it has made me confused about him too. I've gone through so many emotions about him, I've been angry and sad and uncaring. It's just so difficult. He said that things haven't been good, but I don't believe that. They were GREAT before he started this job and he came up and visited. Since that time we have talked about what we should name the dogs we are gonna get and where to live and looked at houses. He said we aren't ready for marriage yet which I agree. But now he doesn't know if he wants to be with me? I'm so lost. I sent an email last night b/c I was mad and confused and spilled everything. I'm not really sure what it said because I was on Nyquil. I remember re-reading it and being happy with it because it was all the truth. We haven't talked since the other night which is ok because I want to give him space to think about things. I just think that things might be over this time and I don't want them to be, but how can I fight for someone that doesn't know if he wants me. I asked him if he still wants me to come down for spring break and he said he doesn't know what he wants. I mean if things were bad would he have bought me a valetines present that he knew I'd love and come and see me and want me to come see him. And even when he was here I didn't want him to leave and he worked out a way to stay with me for 3-4 more days so that I wouldn't be upset. Before I left he told me not to go and now he's not sure of things. It happened like 4 days from me leaving and him telling me those things. Grrr....I don't know what to do. I graduate in May and it's hard because I was going to move down to be with him and get a job now I don't know whether to apply for jobs everywhere or just look there or wait and see, if I can afford to. I'm so lost :dizzy: How do you figure out whether someone is truly the person for you? It's funny because when we first met he knew within a week that he loved me and within a month that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me and now 2 years later hes not sure. When I'm angry with him I can't think of why, but earlier I went and laid down in his bed and couldn't help but be sad and miss him and want to be with him. Relationships suck I wish things could be easier

UPDATE *******

Well I am extrememly happy to update that things are great again. We talked for hours and everything is amazing. We got out everything that we've been holding in. Basically we both got in a slump and let outselves go and let the relationship go, but neither of us wants this to be it and we are refocused going to get back to us. Yay :) Now I really need to get my butt in gear and get this weight off for both of us....if only I could get out of the 190's

Rhighlan86
02-29-2008, 10:41 PM
Well today was terrible. I finally caught that awful cold thats been going around...I had a good run though I didn't get sick all last semester. I ate pretty well all day and then about an hour ago I got hungry so I decided to order pizza. I binged, I ate 3 slices (it was a small pizza so its not as bad) 2 breadsticks and then I don't even wanna talk about the cupcakes. Grr. The worst part...I couldn't even taste any of it :lol: I find it kind of funny I just binged on this food and I only tasted the warmth of the pizza...seriously no sauce no cheese nothing. It was Papa John's and their stuff is generally full of flavor, even the garlic sauce only had a tiny bit of an aftertaste. How silly is that. At least I will be good tomorrow!

jillnicole03
03-02-2008, 02:58 AM
I weighed in today with my family because we are doing a once a month weigh in.. and 169 :) In the 160's yay.... :cheer2: a little step closer ;) Anyways only 7 more days until my job is over YAY.. can't wait to find something new... I've still been eating well, I have been stressed which makes me think I'm hungry grr.... Well hope yall are doing wonderful, sure sounds like you are!!

Rhighlan86
03-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Congratulations Jill! You made your goal, that's awesome! Well I haven't been eating the best these past few days, I've just been sick and cant taste so I just don't really care what I eat. But I have made a decision that I am going to switch back to WW....I have been back and forth, it's going to take a little more work with WW, but honestly thats how I lose well. I've been doing calorie counting for over a month and a half and I haven't lost a pound so I am going back to what I know :)

jillnicole03
03-02-2008, 04:12 PM
Rhighlan.... Sooo anything new wih your boyfriend? Relationships can be so difficult! Even when you think everything's perfect yor parter might be having doubts or secretly confused :( Anyways everythin happens for a reason so if you do breakup or have every relationship that doesn't work is just taking you closer to the person who is perfect for you ;)

So with the calorie counting I don't think 1600 cal a day will let you lose weight. Unless you are doing some serious working out, but then again I'm not sure how much you weigh... so if WW worked better for you, you should def switch! :) How many points are you allowed? On WW I was allowed 21p so when I use to count calories I would eat 1100-1300, but I'd try to stick with 1100. :) Have a nice day girlie! Hope all is well.

Rhighlan86
03-02-2008, 05:55 PM
Everything is actually good now, we are working on things.

Yeah with WW, I lost weight really well and I didn't have to find a certain formula that worked it was there for me. I'm going to do the old plan the 1-2-3 because that's how I lost weight before. So on it my range is 22-29. Basically instead of one target and 35 flex you have a range and can bank. It worked so well that I'm gonna try it again. For the first week though I am going to do this thing called Fast Track where you stay at 20 pts to jump start your system. Hopefully it works

jillnicole03
03-04-2008, 04:37 AM
So today was a long day But it was on plan I ate yummy food too! I hope all you beautiful ladies are doing great! Can't wait to hear from you!

Food:
BF: Special K Cereal w/Milk
L: Refried Beans w/ Tbsp Sour Cream
S: Apple w/80cal Pudding
D: Veggie Bowl
S: Tangerine

2beautiful2Bfat
03-04-2008, 08:20 AM
Hi Everyone Sorry I have been missing in action!! I was in hospital...not sure what it was. I took a laxative and then became violently ill but now everytime I drink crystal light I feel nauseous. So I"m taking a day of from it today to see if maybe that has something to do with it!!

Jilli I ordered the fat smash book from the library I think I am going to at least try phase 1. Do you think I can lose the large amt of weight it advertises even if I have been dieting?

jillnicole03
03-04-2008, 03:58 PM
2beautiful... I think no matter what it will help! Since you've recently lost a lot of weight it will be a littledifferent but I think you'll definitley lose 10 lbs in a month... but who knows how much! :) Good luck!

Rhighlan86
03-06-2008, 10:49 AM
2beautiful~ That's terrible, I hope you are feeling better now. Stomach problems are the worst!

I have been doing pretty well pointswise, I'm retaining a lot of water though so it's time to step it up in that area. Yesterday I was doing the firm and I realized that while the firm's work wonders I don't really enjoy doing them during so sometimes I kinda half-ace it. Then I decided to try a Denise Austin dancing video and I had so much fun I was lauging and really getting into it. The main thing I don't like about the firm is how fast they are moving, I can get it but a lot of times I get thrown off by the speed and it takes a little while. So what I did was I got the total body toner with Allie Del Rio that is much slower since it is focused more on toning than complete toning and cardio. And I'm gonna mix the two videos. My weight has been going crazy this week, tuesday i was down to 191 and now I am back up to 196. I really think it is just the water bloat. The weird thing is from sunday to tuesday I wasn't getting a whole lot of water mainly just diet gingerale because I was really sick and I didn't have the water retention. Do you think that could've helped? That's the only thing that has changed. Maybe it's just my body trying to get used to me doing the points again and shifting it around everyday (I'm on a range from 22-29 which is the old system I don't generally go up to 29 though unless I absolutely need to, usually the highest is 26 which is what my target would be doing it with flex) Losing weight is so crazy sometimes!

Jasmine31
03-06-2008, 11:39 AM
I will be back later to catch up. Sorry for being gone but we have been busy this past week getting our new van!! I am so excited! We got a 2007 Toyota Sienna Le that seats 8 passengers, it has power door and window locks and 1 power sliding door, the other is manual. Hooray! We really needed this!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/Jadedminx/Sienna%2007%20le/Image022.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/Jadedminx/Sienna%2007%20le/Image007.jpg

jillnicole03
03-06-2008, 05:01 PM
Okay sooo yesterday I went to a job fair and it ended up being all things that you needed a degree for :( So not so successful! I'm 22 and I've never went to college but I did recently decide to make an appt. with the counselor to see how it works and everything! :) Hopefully that helps! After the job fair a friend called and wanted to go to movies and dinner... and since I never do anything since I moved here I decided I'd go. Well we ended up going later than I realized so I ate a salad before we left and then ate when I got to the restaurant :/ So that threw me off track. But I did eat good none the less just a little more than I probably should have ;)
Yesterday's food:
BF: Oatmeal & a small Banana
L: Progresso Chkn & Vege Soup
S: Salad w/0cal dressing & Soy Boca Chkn Patti on top
D: Chkn Torilla Soup
S: L/C Kettle Popcorn

So this weekend I'm going home where I grew up to spend the weekend with a girlfriend. I'm going to bring my own food and I have faith I can do well! Also we're going to a club Sat. night and I havn't drank since I started FatSmash but usually if I'm bored at a club I'll drink and it makes me feel a lil more comfortable around so many new people. Will see how that goes! ;) Bye ladies!

JAsmine......... COngrats on the new van :cheers:

Rhighlan86
03-06-2008, 09:00 PM
Jasmine - that van is awesome, I remember before that you were talking about getting one....I think in October (i can remember that but the homework I read last night not a clue :lol: ) It looks really nice

Jill - I'm sorry about the job fair. Hopefully you can find something that works out well for you

Things went good for me today....had a mini binge on cheesy bugles, but it worked out ok. I stayed within points well :)

jillnicole03
03-07-2008, 04:21 PM
So I was planning on going back home to see my friends this weekend, I decided I would go after my mom said she'd pay for my gas since I was taking my little sister as well (as I always do) Well my sister got poison oak on her cheek a few days ago and now her poor lil face is all swollen and way worse. Now she isn't going which means no gas money =( I feel bad because I already made plans with the girls, and I miss having girl friends sooo much! But oh well maybe it wasn't going to be fun or something ;)
Anyways today is my last day of work at the hospital and I'm very excited even though I know it's going to be difficult lining up another job in this itty bitty town in the middle of nowhere. But at least this is GOODBYE stress and tummy aches! GOODBYE being over worked and under staffed! Bye Bye Bye ;)

I recently bought some Walden Farms 0 calorie products (before I quit my job) and I think they're definitley something to SKIP! So far I've tried the caramel.. yuck! It does have a caramely taste but if you dip somethng in it you can't taste it anymore and it tastes basically like sugar. The Alfredo sauce is the most disgusting thing I've tried, the bacon dip is ok not so bad but I don't know what to dip in it because veggies dont taste good in it for some reason. The honey mustard salad dressing is alright. They basically taste like something you'd pick p at the dollar store that were outdated. Also they are definitley over priced and I will neverpurchase them again. Silly me for not reading up on all the bad comments this company has gotten! Lol woops.

Rhighlan... how's the boyfriend? Yall still trying?

Rhighlan86
03-07-2008, 05:21 PM
The bf is ok but I got some pretty bad news last night.....he has been keeping in a secret for almost a year that ended up putting up a wall between us and which was the root of our problems. One time we had this huge fight b/c he thought I didn't have his back and its a long story but he thought that he was going to break up with me the very next day and was sad and confused so he got drunk and called one of his friends to come over and they ended up making out. He stopped it and they stopped talking, but it still happened. And obviously we didn't break up back then, but he felt so miserable about it. He was scared that i would leave him which he knew he deserved. I was obviously pissed last night but the more we talked and the more I thought about it, he really thought that we were going to break up and he stopped things. I forgave him and I want to move forward. That really was the cause of our problems, I had a gut feeling he had cheated and he was miserable which I thought was my fault. I told him I was able to forgive him, but I am still really hurting today. What sucks is even though I am hurting I need him. He is my rock and he's the one that I turn to when I'm hurting, but he's in NC. Ugh. Food has been awful today and not over eating, but undereating. I feel just sick and not hungry. I told him that its going to take him for the hurt to go away, but I still trust him. That was the important thing, I know I can still trust him. Hope everyone elses day is going much better

Jasmine31
03-07-2008, 09:48 PM
Just popping in and out, skimming the thread.

2beautiful: I hope you get better quick! Some people can't handle artificial sweetners. Yeah stay away from laxatives.

Jill: Yeah some low calorie stuff is just awful! You know what we tried recently and the whole family loves? Skinny cow ice cream sandwiches. NO trans fat! 140 calories each. It is a nice treat!

Glad you will be getting away from that stressful environment! I am sure you will find something better. I miss having girlfriends too. I had a few up here and they all moved away. Now with not working I don't have a chance to meet other gals. Now that we have the van I am trying to get the kids signed up for stuff. So maybe I will meet people that way.

Rhighlan:

*BIG HUGZ* That is alot to be going thru! I am glad he had the courage to tell you. Yes it will take a long time to heal. Glad to know he broke it off on his own. Do you know the girl? :(

Okay well food here is about 1750 cals. STILL struggling!

2beautiful2Bfat
03-08-2008, 07:51 PM
Hi Everyone ...sorry I have been MIA. I am getting back on track and have been doing the fat smash for 2 days now. Although I am afraid I won't lose weight!! I am staying away from aspartame for awhile but I have had splenda and that seems to agree with me.

Jill thanks for the info about the walden. I think I once bought the caramel and it was gross. Did you try the marshmallow fluff?

Rhighlan86
03-09-2008, 10:21 PM
Jasmine, I have never met the girl which in a way is better. The only problem I was having getting over it was whether or not the kiss was b/c there were feelings there. He re-assured me that there were zero feelings, as he put it he wouldve kissed a tree that night if it listened to him and that it was like kissing him mom. That makes me feel better. I'm not completely healed yet, but almost.

jillnicole03
03-11-2008, 06:12 AM
Hello ladies!!!! :hug:

So I ended up going back home this weekend!! I did great all day Saturday until that night when I decided to have a few shots! After that we went to a restaurant and since I was buzzed I ate something even though I wasn't hungry. The next day I ate a little more than usual as well still keeping it at healthy choices but more than I needed. Well today was just the ship sinking because I totally went into binge mode =(

Which is horrible because I havn't binged for at least a month, but for some reason whenever I get out of my routine even a little I mess up. =( I ate a lot today of everything, and felt horrible all day! Why do we do this to ourselves when not only are you bigger in the end but unhappy and ashamed? Well I got a few books on selfhelp overeating type things and I'm definitley going to get started on one tomorrow!

Also I hav my food planned out for tomorrow I think I'm going back to Phase1 of Fat Smash since I really think that helped me with my binging, but the first few days are the most difficult! Night girls hope all is well!

Try, try and TRY AGAIN!

jillnicole03
03-13-2008, 03:23 PM
I'm not sure what happened to this forum... but if anyone still wants to keep up I do chat with a wonderful group of women doing the Fat Smash diet... of course it is not only for Fat smashers... but for everyone trying to lose weight :)

COme on over if you'd like a chat that's always updated ;)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134534

Rhighlan86
03-13-2008, 06:13 PM
This happens a lot to this board for some reason. It's going great and then there's a long lull. I'm not really sure why

2beautiful2Bfat
03-17-2008, 11:29 AM
strange!! where is Jasmine?

Jasmine31
03-19-2008, 11:04 AM
Hey everyone I am sorry. I was having some serious problems with my anxiety issue and it was affecting my breathing. Arrghhhh

I miss all of you and I am here. Come back! lol

Well the last few weeks have been bad. I think this pill is making me eat more and want to eat more when I am not even hungry.

I guess all I can do is just try to get back on the cal counting. I am still walking though.

How is everyone else fairing?

Jasmine31
03-19-2008, 11:07 AM
jillnicole03:

Sorry to hear you binged. You are doing so great and I am so proud of you!!

Jasmine31
03-21-2008, 02:40 PM
Good morning everyone. Well I got up late today. Like at 10:00! I need to go for my walk. I have been walking 70 minutes lately. How is everyone else doing?

Jasmine31
03-23-2008, 11:38 AM
Brrrr..its cold this morning. Happy Easter everyone!!1 We went out and celebrated with my family yesterday. Joey has to work today. I have still been doing my walking and trying to get a handle on the food. Has anyone tried Dr. Wheeler's protein shakes?