Old 01-08-2008, 02:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/250

Height: 5'9"

Default Question/ Favor??

Hi everyone!! I have been wanting to start up weight watchers for a while now, but do not have the extra money to go to the meetings right now. I was going to buy a start up kit an ebay but I have found that since the new year everything is going for higher than what I wanted to pay (so many people with that old "lose weight" resolution I guess). So my question for you is, is there a better place to buy a starter kit that may be a bit cheaper? I also saw on a website somewhere that members could buy the kit for a reasonable price, if that is true would anyone be willing to buy me one and mail it to me? I will pay all costs of course!! If you can help me out I would really appericate it. Anything useful would be much abliged (sp)!! Thanks, and I hope to be on this section of the board, with all you "Losers" more once I start the program.
HeatherMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 06:05 PM   #2  
Fat-n-Flab to Fit-n-Fab

S/C/G: 205/181/145

Height: 5'4"

I don't know what you're looking to spend, but Weight Watchers does sell an at-home kit. If I remember correctly, there were two different versions of the at-home kit with two different prices.
fatnflab2fitnfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:33 PM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

I have been told that the 'at home' kits are no longer available.

Right now most areas are running a free registration so it would only cost you the 1st week fee to get the basic week one information and you could purchase the other stuff you want/need at that meeting. BTW now on week 2 you get the activity information...
Kelly_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:19 PM   #4  
GmaTo8

The At Home info was buried, but it's still there. I posted a link on this same main page for it, and "stuck" it.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Another option you might consider, is finding a TOPS group in your area. Tops is a nonprofit diet group. It's about $24 to join (for the year) and includes a monthly magazine and generally under $5 a month (our chapter charges $3 a month, and you can get the month dues free in several ways - losing $10, losing 3 weeks during a month).

TOPS does have an official exchange based diet plan, but you can follow any plan you'd like. Many members are former Weight Watcher's members and some still use their WW materials. Someone may be willing to share or pass along their materials.

Most TOPS groups also sponsor a lot of small contests, so if you're motivated by a little friendly competition and the weekly weigh-ins, it's a good alternative to WW.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote