Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 01-08-2008, 01:03 PM   #1  
aka "Minnie"

S/C/G: 175/155/135

Height: 5'3

Talking January Nursing Mommies!

Here we go, I figured it out....
so, Just wondering how many nursing mommies are out there and looking for regular support, a daily or weekly check in.

I have a 6yr old daughter a 3yr old son and a 7 month old daughter who is nursing. I have been eating like a pig over the holidays, but managed to maintain my weight loss
now it is time to start counting those calories again!
who is with me???
minnesotaffwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:13 PM   #2  

I'm out here! I'm nursing my 5 month old (who tips the scales at 21.5 pounds) and chasing around my 2.5 year old. I'm newly focused and ready to lose weight. I have about 25 pounds to go and would like to do it in the next 6 months.
She-Mullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:17 PM   #3  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

My daughter is 6.5 months too! Born on 6/18, Minnesotaffwife - when did yours arrive?
I gained a bit of weight over the holidays and have 8 more to lose to get back to my low of 2007!
I work from home 2x a week and pump at work the other 3 days. I also have a 4 year old son.
I have comitted to using thedailyplate.com to log every bite and working through Dr. Phil's book -- all the way through this time! The thread is here, if anybody else is interested.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130674

My darling daughter has reached the distraction age where she pulls off at every little sound. Leaks and sprays everywhere! I ordered a nursing necklace today and maybe that will keep her attention.

Kim
Ottoette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:23 AM   #4  
aka "Minnie"

Ottoette, My youngest was born (evicted by me) on June 4th
she also is distracted by every sound and movement, drives me nutso!
But pretty soon they will nurse on each side for three minutes and be done, so lets keep trucking.
I nursed my 6 year old for her first year and my 3 year old for 13 months (I think boys are harder to ween)
I'd like to lose 10 more lbs by my birthday (march 20th)
but Mcdonalds for dinner last night sure didnt help me with that goal!!!
Old 01-09-2008, 07:24 AM   #5  
aka "Minnie"

I cant get my weight ticker to change I am really at 155 now
Old 01-09-2008, 08:13 AM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Hi gals! My little nursling is 19 months now (and she just hit 21 pounds - I must make skim milk to your whole milk, SheMullett!). I also have a six year old and a three year old, though neither of them are still nursing. I calorie count on South Beach and do a fair amount of exercise as my weight loss "plan".

Minnesota, have you tried clicking on the link above your tracker to be able to go change it?

Nurse away!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 05:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 196.5/ticker/155

Height: 5'11"

Default also nursing

I've got two boys - a 2.5yo and a 10mo, and I'm still nursing my youngest. I didn't lose the weight in between the boys, so I put a big push on after I had my second son. I'm down to about 10lbs below where I was when I got pregnant with my second, but have about 15-18 to lose to get back to my pre-1st-pregnancy weight. I did really well with the first 5 months or so, and then lost steam

So, recommitting to getting the weight off - my youngest turns 1 on 3/12, and I'm going to try to get down to 155 for his birthday. That's a little aggressive for me, but an aggressive goal seems like a good place to start.

Off to do my workout dvd Nice to meet you all!
Leeza155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 05:31 PM   #8  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

I just go to User Control Panel and edit signature then where it says 3fatchicks.net/img/bar057/slider-but1/lb/239/175/205/.png I replace the "205" with my latest weight. It's WAY easier than going through the whole ticker creation process.
My baby girl ate a HUGE lunch of solids today - probably 1/4 C of rice cereal and a half of a gerber #1 prunes. She totally wasn't interested in solids until about 2 weeks ago and now she just chows down. She likes her cereal so thick that I'm going to move her to #2 foods. I'll start giving her some of our foods when she can sit on her own steadily.
Maybe it's terrible but after she finished lunch I thought - oh no, I will burn less calories with her eating so much solids and less MM. I can get a little too obsessive about the weight loss!
Kim
Ottoette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:00 PM   #9  
Eye of the Tiger!

S/C/G: 205/175/146

Height: 5'10

Hi! I am also nursing my 7 month old daughter, born June 3rd 2007. I can totally relate to the feeding distraction, she has to look at everything in the room every 30 seconds, lol. My prepregnancy weight was 154ish and I gained a lot of weight! But I lost about 20 lbs in the last 6 months and I gained some weight over the holidays but I am back on track and losing. I eat healthier and less than i used to (pigged out while pregnant) and I do The Biggest Loser Dvd almost everyday. Nice to meet you all!
~Heather
wannabeahotmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:25 AM   #10  
aka "Minnie"

I tried both ways to change my ticker and it just doesn't seem to save when I do it. Perhaps I will try again later
It is so nice to see you all here!!!!!
I don't know how you all find time to exercise, I am spread thin with having all three kids at home. But, that will change on Monday. Veronica, my oldest is going to start 1/2 day kindergarten....we tried homeschooling, we loved it, but I don't have the time to teach her everything she could be learning. I am not closing the door on it forever, but right now I need a break from her fighting with our 3 year old son. I plan to walk her too and from school each day(if it is not below 20 degrees) so that will be a nice short walk and a way to get out in the fresh air every day, but I don't think it will do much for burning calories.

Wannabeahotmomma, too funny that our youngest were born a day apart! I too want to be a Hot Momma! How is the biggest loser DVD? I am afraid to invest money in a video/DVD because I tend to get frustrated with them and quit, I am very uncoordinated and have a hard time following along with them.

Ottoette, I had the same thoughts the other day about the calories and nursing less....LOL

So many June babies! When were the other cuties born?
Have a great day everyone, don't eat that handful of crackers that the kid left behind from lunch! don't do it!!!
Old 01-11-2008, 10:41 PM   #11  

Brody was born 8-8-07, 3 weeks early. I had preterm labor from 20 weeks on and the day I got off the terbutaline pills, I had him. Four hours of labor, no time for drugs, sunny side up, and worth every complaint.

Minnesotaffwife-I find time because my kids are in daycare and/or preschool! Every Thursday I take my kids an hour early so I can run to the Y and take my salsa/strength/pilates class for 90 minutes. I also get about one night a week where I can get one to sleep and my husband can watch the other. I also strap Brody in the Ergo carrier and just walk like mad. I figure carrying 22 pounds of bouncing baby boy around counts as strength and cardio! Do you have fitTV channel? I record a few exercise shows a week and fit those in as well. I tivo them and delete them when I'm done. That way it is something new every time.

I'm hoping to lose 20 pounds in the next 6 months. I've got the dreaded class reunion coming up. Although I don't feel the need to "get hot" for it or anything, it gives you a day to shoot for!

These are my bebes.

Last edited by She-Mullett; 01-11-2008 at 10:41 PM.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:42 PM   #12  

OK I totally can't figure out the picture thing. i guess they are in my avatar anyway!
Old 01-12-2008, 09:26 AM   #13  
aka "Minnie"

OH BOY, bad day yesterday....I just cant seem to keep myself accountable...although I really want to be super hot, I really want the food too. UGH!!!
today is another day, right?
Good luck to everyone this weekend
Old 01-12-2008, 09:27 AM   #14  
aka "Minnie"

She-Mullett....we dont have cable t.V.
right now my hubby works 6 days a week and is also on the fire dept, so when he is home 1/2 the time he is not home.
exercise classes are just a dream to me.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:33 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 303/252/150

Height: 5' 5"

Question Nursing Mama!

Hello! I have an 11 month old girl that is still nursing and have survived my first week as a SAHM. I am only working one 10 hour day from here on out. I enjoyed my week home much more than I expected!

She-Mullet, your name is cracking me up!

Otoette-- good for you for pumping at work. I know from personal experience that pumping that often is the pits!

My daughter is only nursing 3 times a day. Only one of those (before bed) is exclusively nursing, the other two we follow up with a meal (She wasn't gaining enough weight so we spend a lot of time in feeding-mode.) Does anyone have any thoughts on how many additional calories I need to sustain three times a day? She doesn't show any signs of wanting to wean anytime soon. I have noticed that if I restrict my calories too much I don't make enough milk.

Thanks and nice to hear from you all!
KidsLibrarylady is offline   Reply With Quote