Old 01-08-2008, 05:41 AM   #1  
Jazzercise away the fat!!

S/C/G: 215/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Back on the diet train

Well, I'm finally back on the Weight Watchers system. It's been too long that I have been off! We had a family emergency in the second week of November, and I slipped off the plan from all the stress and then the holidays hit!!! And the bottom line is I didn't lose any more, I gained 3 lbs back!!! So, back to the drawing board.
Yesterday was my first day back on the plan, and I'm missing cookies already!! Any one have any suggestions for low cal snacks and easy to make dinner recipes???
I need motivation!!! Help me!!!
mamaplots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back. There are plenty of recipes and ideas on the board for simple meals and low cal snacks, you can check them out here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17
Hope you stick to it this time Good luck!
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:49 AM   #3  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Low Cal Snacks - laughing cow cheese wedges on melba toast - 95 calories (3 toasts) - Fruit - apples, bananas, pineapple, grapes..etc...you can leave a bowl out and munch through the day -- for chocolate cravings - I keep sugar free jello pudding - only 60 calories

Meals - check out cookinglight.com - not all are as light as I'd prefer, but they tend to be much lower in sodium (soups especially) than what you can buy premade - I made a chicken noodle soup yesterday with less than 200 cals/3 fat/and low sodium compared to anything else....I can't recall how much right now though.

I also use Kashi products for quicky meals - the frozen pizzas are good and are high fiber...which I love

Good Luck!
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:24 AM   #4  
Jazzercise away the fat!!

S/C/G: 215/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Thanks ladies!
mamaplots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:57 AM   #5  

Height: 5'9"

I know what you mean about how easy it is to get off track. That has been my biggest struggle with my weight loss journey. There are always going to be family emergencies, stressors and holidays. I can't figure out how to keep them from throwing off my diet, but that's got to be a part of my lifestyle change. If you find the answer, let me know!

I post a lot of my favorite recipes on our recipe board. I subscribe to Cooking Light and have their "Best of" cookbook. I agree with gator that they are not as "light" as one would assume, so you have to be very careful with them. I think Cooking Light is better for maintainers.

If you are insured through Blue Cross Blue Shield I STRONGLY recommend signing up on their website. They have a section where you can accrue "Blue Points." Later you can cash in your points for great prizes like an IPod or a $250 gift card to Target. (There is a wide variety of prizes.) But, the best part is their recipes. They are AWESOME!!! They have a few thousand recipes and are sorted amont "after school snacks" to desserts to . . . well you name it they have a recipe for it. And, they are all very low calorie and made with every day ingredients.

Last edited by Amberelise; 01-09-2008 at 10:58 AM.
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote