Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-07-2008, 09:51 AM   #1  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Smile Weekly Chat - January 7th-13th

Morning! I'll start this week's thread.

I'm mid-month in my cycle, so the scale is taunting me, and it makes me cranky... in fact, most days of my cycle make me cranky... hmmm... as my husband says about me: "I just need someone to put up with me for the two weeks before and the two weeks after my period - that's not so much to ask!"

Hope - you're right, it can't hurt to apply - AND I think joining TBL here will be a great motivator!! Way to go into the new year, girl!

Sassy - hope your hubby's feeling better today - and hope you don't catch it!!

Hahaha, Leenie - any excuse to vacuum this week!

Well, small steps and small changes - this week I have decided to change my water intake. Usually, I go through two, two-liter jugs of Crystal Light a day, made up at half strength (so 2 little singles in two liters instead of in one liter); today, to encourage more WATER, I have made up my jugs with ONE single packet... just enough for some colour and a tiny bit of taste. My goal is eventually to switch to water completely... we'll see

Have a great Monday, all...

Heather

Last edited by HeatherAngel; 01-07-2008 at 09:51 AM.
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:45 AM   #2  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Hey Chicks!

Well, the smoke detector in DD's room decided to pick 4 am to lose it's damn mind! All the other detectors are hooked into it so we had all of them going off and no 9v batteries in the house! I ended up going across the street to the 24hr market for batteries! Ugh! And DH climbing on things that he shouldn't, I don't know, after brain surgery, radiation, and actively on a cycle of Chemo!!!! All the detectors are up really high on the walls and we only have the normal little step ladders! We figured out that there is something wrong with her detector and left it unhooked for now but GEEZ!

And, Mom flies in tomorrow so there is a last minute flurry of cleaning and preparations....and oh Goody...I am mid cycle too which is where my usual PMS monster shows it's ugly head! And we still have to wait until Thursday for the results of the MRI... So yeah...just trying to keep my head above water right now...

I did peek at the scale this morning and saw 157.5 which made me a little happy... And I have been drinking more herbal ice tea with no sugar and I think that is helping to flush my system...

So, how are you doing?
Ravengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 04:21 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:10 AM   #4  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi All.

Well not sick, yet at least, but very very tired. Did not sleep well at all yesterday. (Monday) I think I've mentioned about our furnance and that it um has never worked right from day one for us? Well it has gotten a lot worse so now when its cold, we are on Emergency Heat, well since its been warm out, its been hot in the apt. (we live upstairs) So we wanted the air on while we slept during the day, not. Forgot if it doesn't work for the heat, it won't work for the air either. So we sweated to death and I can't sleep when I am hot so I tossed and turned. We had windows open and fans on, but it was hot, about 76 degrees in the apt. (too hot to sleep at least!!) Well DH did talk to the owner and she said it is our heat pump and so they have to replace that. I just wonder how long its been bad? Our furnance hasn't worked right from day one.

So I am battling to stay awake. I so wanted to call off but really couldn't do it and plus want to save my personal time so I can take a week off eventually........

DH is feeling a bit better but still not quite 100% yet........

Did you all happen to check out "How to Look Good Naked" Lastnight?? I watched it. OMG there is NO WAY I would do that though! They had this girl's body plastered on a side of a building for people to see!!! Um don't think so, not this chicky. lol. But it was amazing the transformation. Amazing how clothing and your attitude can make you look and feel better!!!

Well that is about all.............

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 06:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey gang

i've been having to go into work early and no time to play on the computer :-(

just wanted to pop in and tell everyone HELLO and to have a great day!
hugs,
Cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 01-08-2008 at 06:28 AM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:46 AM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all!

Just popping in to say hello.
Not much new here. Have to take ddA to school today and drop hubby off as his truck is suppose to be ready today. Its kind of nice to be getting back to a routine. And its even snowing again.

Well have a great day ladies and take care,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:03 AM   #7  

good morning gang

I just did the 3 mile Walk Away Your Waistline with the walk belt.

I found the whole set (the dvd and the belt) for less than $13 at Walmart. I thought that was a really good deal. I wasn't sure I would like the belt strapped around my waist, but I really like it!

ok it's off to the shower so I can get to work.

hope everybody has a GREAT day!
hugs,
Cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 01-09-2008 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:08 AM   #8  
Heather 2.0

Morning all - no time today - will pop in later!
Old 01-10-2008, 12:30 AM   #9  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi all,

Cathy: What does the belt do for you, is it weighted? I've never done the WATP's videos. I'm impressed with your dedication.

My fil 2b is coming for the night on Sat from TN. Needless to say I have some serious cleaning to do before then... and did I mention is it still Xmas around here? I have such trouble taking that stuff down every year. It always seems like an overwhelming task.

Nothing else going on really. Looks like most of you are super busy. Buddly, I see you are still getting my snow, and I have temps in the 70's in January! What gives?

Sassy: I missed that show, but I wanted to see it. I'm with you, no way would my naked bod be plastered on anything! How are you and dh feeling?

Raven: Congrats on the scale! How is your mom's visit?

To everybody!
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:06 AM   #10  
Heather 2.0

Morning all

Hope - how marvelous to see you. FIL comes Saturday? Take a little bit of decorations down each day - just one bit at a time

Buddly - is that truck fixed now? Hope so! Send some snow this way, will ya? My ski hill CLOSED yesterday!!

Cathy - sounds like you DID get a deal!! Way to go, you movin' machine!!

Raven - hope you're having a nice time with your mom!

Sassy -have you managed to fight off that illness??

Leenie - when we don't see you, we know you're working too hard!!

Okay all - here's the only thing new with me: as a result of my physical just before Christmas, doctor told me I have hypothyroidism, but didn't bother testing further to get levels, so I rejected the idea of medication. [NOTE: When I weighed nearly 300lbs, I was tested a number of times for my thyroid function - I always hoped that would be my excuse for being so fat, but it always came back okay; now, I lose almost 100lbs, and I have a problem? Sheesh!] I went instead to the health food store and bought some herbal ThyAid and Kelp... started taking them last Thursday. I have had a very frustrating week - I am eating well below my calorie limit and upped my exercise... the SCALE has gone *UP* EVERY SINGLE DAY since Friday. Hmmm, I thought to myself this morning.. wait a second... There's a CONNECTION here!!! So - I have stopped the supplements... it will be fascinating to see if the scale moves again. I'll let you know.

That's all from me! Exciting, huh?

Have a great Thursday, chicks!
Heather
Old 01-10-2008, 10:40 AM   #11  

good morning gang

I did 2 miles this morning before getting ready for work

Hope - the walk belt fits around your waist, just like a belt except it fastens to itself with velcro, but it has stretchy bands with handles attached to it. while you are walking you hold the handles and use the tension of the bands. It's very similar to walking with hand weights but also a little different. I'm actually a little sore today. You can look up any of her videos at collagevideo.com and even watch a portion of the workout if you'd like.

Heather - did the doc tell you you are hypo based on his examine? or was there some initial blood work? you mentioned he "didn't bother testing further to get levels".

Thyroid has become my hobby! Due to the problems my son and I have had thru the years I had to learn all I could about it.

you might want to check out the info at stopthethyroidmadness.com

just want to mention tho that if you do have a thyroid problem, i've never run across anyone that was helped by taking the ThyAd. if you do have a thyroid problem and take the correct thyroid med (that contains both T4 and T3) at the proper dosage you will find it will make a world of difference in more ways than you can imagine. It can also make a huge difference with depression, and many other mental problems, if you deal with any of that.

ok gang - I gotta get back to work. Hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy
Old 01-10-2008, 01:50 PM   #12  
Starting Again

Good afternoon,

Cathy: I didn't know it had bands. That makes sense. They will probably help a lot. I've always lost weight quicker when I added some resistance training in with the cardio.

Heather: I have thyroid problems also. I'm not blaming it for my weight gain, because nobody can eat like I do and not gain, even if they had the reverse thyroid problem. For me, my symptoms were fatigue, depression (more than usual), and very very dry skin on my face. After I started on medication for it, things have definitely improved. I understand it can really affect you in strange ways. I agree with Cathy that the meds may be a good idea, but your doc really needs to step up and do the tests and find the right dosage. I hope you find the answer to the scale going the wrong way. In the past when I was dieting, I found that if I went below my calorie limits for too long I wouldn't lose. Sometimes strangely getting more calories will send the scale back down. I'm sure you will find the right balance.

Today will just be cleaning and de-Xmas-ing. I actually went to a WW meeting today and I'm officially starting over weight-wise. I went ahead and moved my ticker to reflect my real weight. I hope I can get a grip and start some healthy changes. The garbage I've been eating has really started to scare me lately. I'd hate to cause a serious health problem that is totally preventable. How stupid.

I better get started on something. Check in later!
Old 01-10-2008, 09:51 PM   #13  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool Hey Chicks

Hey Chicks!

Well I have successfully fought off the sickness!! Guess my "Fat Cells" are doing something right!!! *Bouncing off the Sickies!!!*

I have been SO tired this week. I am glad my work week is OVER!! I know I have been talking about my job and how much I can't stand it, blah, blah, blah............. but I honestly and truly believe I am burnt out and need a change. Just have to force myself to make that change. I'm at that point where I have gave up on caring anymore, so its time to move on before I get kicked out. lol.

Just ever want something different? I feel like I've been trapped in this huge fat body and there is this thin women inside that wants out and wants to LIVE life, not just watch it pass by. I just got to DO something about it and change. I want to find the TRUE me because this truly is not it!! lol. We were watching a nature show, as we do quite often and the dude on the show was diving in Australia. My DH is a very good swimmer, loves water, knows how to dive, he was on the rescue dive team when he was on the fire dept, etc. Anywho, he saw that guy on tv and said, "I wanna go diving there" Well I never learned to swim and infact have a fear of deep water. But I feel that I want to change that, I want to be one of those people who goes out and DOES things and isn't sitting in front of a tv WATCHING somebody else doing it. Ya know what I mean???

I feel like I'm holding my DH back because he enjoys doing stuff like that and I feel like I hold him back because I am afraid, I never used to be this bad, I had some fears, but not as bad, I honestly believe its from all this weight and all the insecurity it adds.

Anyways just rambling.............

I hope you all are well.

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:23 PM   #14  
Starting Again

Sassy: I hear you! There are some very big changes I need to make, physically, emotionally, and career wise. I am letting life pass me by in so many ways and I've realized lately just how unhappy I am.

Just wanted to let you know you aren't alone. Maybe this could be our year to change, at least a couple of things!
Old 01-11-2008, 08:57 AM   #15  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Crazy busy here.... I will chat with you tomorrow
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote