Old 01-07-2008, 07:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Core Chat: January 7 - January 13

New week: new pages!

Frouf and Vickie posted on last week's thread late last night and this morning. I recommend that we Chickies go read their thoughts. Frouf: good for you

I watched a documentary about the diet industry last night. It revealed that food companies cruise sites like this trying to predict what consumers might do about food purchases so that their company can get ahead in the marketplace. Maybe that's one reason the site has so many "looks" as opposed to posts. Let's tell them that WE plan to eat healthier, more wisely, more naturally and less!

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:15 AM   #2  
capegirl

S/C/G: 200/212/150

Height: 5'8

Weekend was not so good, better than before, but I know that Chocolate chip cookies and ben and jerry's ice cream is not core. I'm not giving in!
leure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:47 AM   #3  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Morning chickies!

Warm but foggy here today - quite a nice break from the freezing temps we had last week!

Glad to report that due to lack of 'stuffing my face' this weekend the scale is down a couple of lbs - I have tried to 'stock' my office and work fridge with some 'better' snacks so won't cave in when I get hungry.

I am also starting my exercise program this week so I am looking forward to that helping motivate me to stay on track. I have reacquainted myself with my very old Fitday account and have starting logging in what I eat so I can become more accountable.

Also set a Valentine's day goal for me - 214 by 2/14 - get it? Have to go make a new ticker I guess!

Rhonda - how are the 'renovations' coming along? Bet the place will look quite spiffy when you're done! Watch out for the big water puddles that I"m sure must be happening all over Toronto!

Vickie - good luck with the water consumption - I have been very lax in that dept to say the least - trying to get at least one big water bottle in per day - plus other 'liquid's I drink. Will probably increase this as the weeks go on and I start exercising (will be bringing water bottle with me).

Yes I even got dh to go down to freezer this am and get some salmon out to defrost so we actually have something planned for dinner (with brown rice and broccoli and maybe soup or salad if very hungry!).

Almost lunchtime!

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 01-07-2008 at 11:48 AM.
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:12 PM   #4  
Melissa

Hi everyone! It's been an exhausting couple of days. Emma is not sleeping well and I have no idea whast to do about it. Last night (this morning) I was up from around 1:30-5. Not exactly restful. I have to go back to work in a couple of weeks and need to get myself on a routine by then. Plus it would be nice to enjoy the rest of my maternity leave days!

Frouf, I'm so glad that you have had some inspiration and motivation...forgiveness is a powerful thing. And what you're saying makes sense. I think we all have things that we need to forgive ourselves and others for that would help us to be healthier.

to everyone else! I'm so tired my brain is a blur. I also need to figure out what we are having for dinner. Talk to you soon!
septembersgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:46 PM   #5  

No, Capegirl, don't give in or up!

I'm off to a step class for the first time since the step was invented; I'll come back later and whine!
Old 01-07-2008, 07:08 PM   #6  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hello everyone,
I can't believe this is January, the weather is so warm.
We too had fog, it was difficult to see.
My eating has been going well. We are going on vacation and I am feeling unprepared. Usually I am fine on vacation but this one is so close to being right after the holidays, I think it will take work. Help, any suggestions.
Rhonda, I hope your step class goes well.
Hello to everyone and have an awesome night.
Take Care
Ann
Newlifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:08 PM   #7  

WHINE!

I must be the oldest in the step class by about 20 years. Oh well, I almost kept up with those young'uns. I've taken some Alleve and probably will live to post again.

I met a former neighbor there and she has talked me into trying the belly dancing class on Thursday. That will be a hoot.

OK, Frouf, let's here your gym report

The kitchen renos resulted in visits from some mice. It appears that when they removed some of the cabinet to make way for installing the dishwasher, a hole was opened up. We have the traps out (hidden from the dog, I hope!) and DH will close the holes tomorrow. They're just little guys; not too scarey. At least the raccoons aren't coming in...yet.

So, I'm settling in for the night....talk to you tomorrow.

Rhonda
Old 01-07-2008, 09:57 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

Frouf, it sounds to me like you're on the right track now. I'm glad you're not busy beating yourself up any more. I don't like our froufie bruised.

Vickie, how did WI go?

Ann, I'm not a good one to give vacationing suggestions. I usually start out well then fizzle towards the end. All I can say is, "Go and have fun."

Rhonda, (whine) I want to go belly dancing....... You are having a blast, girl. That makes me smile.

Capegirl, hang in there. You'll stabilize soon.

Melissa, I hope you and Em get some rest tonight. You have to be exhausted.

Curtis and I are going to WW tomorrow AM. We're still in that "Don't beat ourselves up and make sure we live life to the fullest" stage. I'm loving it.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:26 PM   #9  
Southside White Sox Fan

I gained .8. Sigh.

I've been gone since 9:30 this morning. Errands, lunch, dinner, and took Sprite to the Niece/NIL who have now come down with the flu. Their kids had it last week as did my Sister/BIL late last week. We are the only ones who haven't had it. The weather is horrendous here. It's warm but very volatile; thunderstorm and tornado warnings and lot of thunder and lightening. I'm happy to finally be home but I'm pooped. I admit I ate pizza tonight. Thin crust veggie. I was just SO tired and beat up. No excuses just and explanation.

I'll be better tomorrow.

Good Night chicks.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:32 AM   #10  
Southside White Sox Fan

Wow, Lytricia! You and I had similar days it seems. I've been on provera (progesterone tablets) since I was 40 which is now over 11 years ago. I was told that estrogen is stored in fat and extremely high levels of estrogen could cause uterine cancer. My Gynie told me that I needed to take the provera especially because back then I'd gone 5 months with no TOM and it was way too soon for me to stop. I just recently switched to the more natural version of provera which is Prometrium. I'm definitely perimenopausal which is one reason that I believe I'm having a difficult time losing weigh at the moment. I don't have any experience with the cream but would be interested in hearing your experience.

BTW, I guess you can all see that I'm up in the middle of the night. I went to bed with Honey Lamb at 11:00 last night but was back up at 12:30 because it was useless to try and stay in bed. My hiatel hernia is bothering me which could be from my new allergy medicine. Thankfully, I can sleep all day tomorrow if I need to.

I hope you are all in dreamland right now.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:32 AM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

Ooops....I just responded to Lytricia's post which must be on another thread.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:02 AM   #12  

Lytricia posted on last week's thread of Core Chat...
Old 01-08-2008, 10:12 AM   #13  
Melissa

Morning chicks. Last night I did get more sleep, thank goodness. However I was really wanting to nap this morning but Emma is wide awake and fussy. Thankfully she has calmed down for now. DH is gone to work all day and will be gone some tonight and I'm a little leary because she has been so fussy the past few days. She has a reflux problem which makes it hard for her to lay down.
I don't know if any of you have any experience with breastfeeding, but I'm wondering...has anyone ever experienced/heard of it causing nausea? I've basically been sick to my stomach since she was born. I especially feel it when I'm nursing her. Just wondering. Of course I am still managing to eat but it does make me want to eat "comfort" food instead of healthier options.
Well I'm off to check my email and do some other things online. I don't plan on doing much of anything active today even though it's supposed to be beautiful here today, close to 70. Isn't that crazy?
Be back soon.
septembersgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:55 AM   #14  
focused and aiming

Just got home from WW and am shocked to find that I'm still overweight. You'd thinking eating what I want when I want would get me thinner. Oh, well, back to basics.
Those of you who know me have known all along that I'd be back on plan before long. Seems that's my lifestyle. I'm still accepting myself the way I am and loving me bunches, but I'm going to focus on eating healthily. Without some kind of guidelines in place, I seem to deep end. That's just the way I am.

Melissa, I can't help you. I don't have a clue about breast feeding. I'm glad you got some sleep last night.

Vickie, that's not a bad gain. Just do what you know to do and it will come off. I'm doing the same.

Rhonda, we had our birthday celebration yesterday so I'm full of cake and icing. Life is good.

Got to go. I'm grilling tilapia for lunch. Life is good.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:47 PM   #15  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra, you make me laugh....hard! Thanks for being you.

Melissa, you poor thing. I certainly can't help but I'm hoping you feel better soon. Poor Emily. I hear they can grow out of that.