South Beach Diet - Monday Chick Chat

View Full Version : Monday Chick Chat

cottagebythesea
01-07-2008, 07:17 AM
:) Good Monday morning! The week ahead is looking long after the past couple of short weeks, but let's try to make the most of it. ;) I'm going to try to go to Curves this morning, we'll see if my ankle can take it yet. :crossed: After breaking it for the 4th time, I'm really babying it this time!

Today is Day 6 for me on Phase 1, and I'm feeling better than I've felt in a long time. It sure makes me wonder why I ever let myself fall off the wagon. :dunno:

Come sit and chat a bit before starting the day, I'll be back shortly! :cofdate:

Kiko
01-07-2008, 07:47 AM
Morning Cottage! Be careful with your ankle today. :) I bet you do feel marvelous being back on track. :hug:

Just a quick post here as I need to get ready. I know that I tend to disappear once school gets busy, but I really want to post daily. It helps me tremendously!! I have all of my meals and snacks planned for the day. I WILL stick to it and get through a day of clean eating.

Have an awesome Monday gals!

femmecreole
01-07-2008, 07:53 AM
Morning Cottage, et al!
Hope your ankle behaves at Curves!

Today is the last day of my "vacation" (although I have worked the entire holiday!) But, it was nice not to have to go to school as I've gotten a lot of work done here at the computer and around the house. I keep running back and forth between the computer and paint brushes and grout.

I made something interesting yesterday that I've never had before. A cracked wheat salad. Didn't know how everyone would like it, but they did. I also learned that cracked wheat swells up like crazy and makes a ton. Some friends came over last night so the husband could put up a new ceiling fan for us and I sent them home with a huge container of the stuff. I also made some of Paula Deen's magical peanut butter cookies (http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_30607,00.html) (the healthy ones) and they were pretty good. Just have to hide them from myself so I can portion them out.

Today looks like more of the same. Trying to finish up some work so I can hit the paint can again.

tomandkara
01-07-2008, 07:56 AM
Morning, Linda! Have fun at Curves!

Hope the kiddies aren't too crazy for you today, Kiko! The first day (or two or three...) back are always nutso!

Thanks for the recipe link, Cat! I love peanut butter! Last time I made peanut butter cookies, I had to freeze them so I wouldn't eat the whole batch!!!

We had a nice day. Kadyn's feeling better - yay! She ate a TON today and wasn't as withdrawn as she's been over the past couple days. The kids are about to head to bed and then Tom and I have some money-moving to do - transferring savings into mutual funds and money markets, etc. I'm pretty good at multi-tasking but money stuffs need to be handled with full concentration!

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Kara

GONNABE165
01-07-2008, 07:57 AM
Happy OP Monay chickadees!!

Cottage have a great workout and do be asy with that ankle as you don't want to injure it more. I totally agree with you on the phase 1 thing I feel awesome!

Kiko Yes checking in on daily basis is a big help. Have a great day!

Today for me is work. I've got a lunchtime workout session scheduled and then theres my brothers bday dinner after work and then my 8 week workout late thi evening. Man I seem to stay busy......

To all the late risers heres you a cup of :coffee: and I'll check back on yall later

CyndiM
01-07-2008, 08:05 AM
Just peeking in to wish everyone a good day :) I'm indulging in my other favorite hobby (second to birding, of course) - politics. If you like that sort of thing it's a great time to be next door to New Hampshire. I'm sure getting my exercise!

Cottage - hope exercise goes well! It's so frustrating to want to be healthy and have your body hold you back.

Kiko - Have a good day!

Cat - Enjoy your last day of "vacation".

I'll see everyone on Wednesday.

Cyndi

THINBYJUNE
01-07-2008, 08:39 AM
Good Morning Everyone

Cottage Hope the ankle feels better after Curves.
Kara So glad Kadyn is feeling better. Good Night.
Kiko :dust: for your first day back.
Femme Enjoy your last day "off".
Gonna Have a great day at work.
:wave:Cyndi

Well, the spring cleaning bug seems to have hit me early this year. I started with one of our storage rooms at work on Friday, my house this weekend, and now that I'm going back to work today I think I may redo our main food storage building. I love when everything is clean and organized but heaven help the first person who messes it up :lol:

Ruthxxx
01-07-2008, 08:40 AM
Quick wave as I run through grabbing a coffee. Donna comes this morning and I have a bit more Christmas crud to pack away before she hits us with the vacuum. It's practically balmy out there this morning. I guess some of the snow will melt.

My knee operation is just over two weeks away and I have loads to get done.
Outta here but back later.

Enjoy a normal day.

phxsunflower
01-07-2008, 08:43 AM
Good morning all.

Cottage-Be careful with the ankle. Always nice to get started again though.

Kiko-We have rain for the first day back. Hope your day goes smooth.

Femme-Will have to try the recipe on the kids and DH. They miss my baking.(so do I);)

Kara-Glad Kadyn is doing better. A good sign when they eat everything in the house! Hope the bug roundabout is leaving your place.

Gonna-You are busy. We finally got enough rain to make the sidewalks wet over night. It started to sprinkle this morning when I was walking. Have had alot of snow(for us) up North though.

Cyndi-:wave:

Today is day 7 for me and I seem to be doing alright was going to weigh this morning but will wait another week. Today is the first day back to school for all of us so I need to get going to get lunches packed and my salad made. Have a great day and a safe one.

tomandkara
01-07-2008, 08:58 AM
I am chewing gum because I feel like munching on something. Happy choices! Oooh, laundry just finished! Avery's sheets are in there because she took her diaper off during her nap and then peed in her bed. :( Silly baby. It's 10:00 and she's still running around the house because she will NOT go to bed without her special blanket. Looks like she'll be hitting the sack soon, though...

Phoenix, keep up your great work! As long as you're eating well and staying active, you know that number will go down eventually!

Ruth, good luck getting your list checked off. Let me know if there's anything I can do from over here! :)

Dawn, have fun with your cleaning! It's such a good feeling to get everything organized. We're facing doing our back room here in the next couple weeks as the movers are coming in less than a month! Is there a completely shocked and unready smiley???

Cyndi, have a great time with your campaigning! The thing I've missed the most about the States is watching the debates. The Koreans don't so much care about them so they're not on TV here!

Gonna, you're an exercise hound! Way to go, girl!!!

I'm off to get Avery's bed made and then finish up the money matters.

Kara

Schmoodle
01-07-2008, 09:08 AM
Morning chicks, day 7 hooray!:carrot: Can't stay long, I think I'd better help DH with the kids, they are not moving fast this morning. I'll come back later!

cottagebythesea
01-07-2008, 09:26 AM
I'm glad Kadyn is feeling better, Kara! Chewing gum is my favorite weapon to fight the munchies, especially cinnamon gum!

Curves went pretty well, I took it slowly and avoided the machines that would put pressure on my ankle. It felt great to get back into the swing of things again. I just made a Belgian waffle for my breakfast, and what a disaster! Even though I sprayed the waffle iron, the darned waffle stuck to it and was a real PITA to get out. I ended up with a plate of crumbs, but I'm eating it anyway. Still tastes good, but I don't know if it will satisfy me. I'll wait an hour or so and if I'm hungry, I'll have some yogurt.

I imagine you are pretty busy trying to get things done before your surgery, Ruth! Just don't overdo it, OK? Find some time to have a nice long soak in the tub.

That cookie recipe looks tempting, Cat, but I'm just going to bookmark it for later. We're pretty cookied out for now, even Jake! And Amber will be selling girl scout cookies in another week or so. Thank goodness they don't tempt me in the least. I"ll get a few boxes for Jake, though, and just to help her out.

Kiko, I hope your day goes well today!

GONNA, Cyndi, Thin, phxsunflower, :wave:

GONNABE165
01-07-2008, 10:01 AM
Dawn I'll be praying no one makes a mess of your hard work

Ruth thoughts & prayers for that surgery

Hiya Cat, Phx & Schmoodle have a great day

Good nite Kara & Avery

Cottage glad to hear the workout went well and no pain from the ankle

I have a busy day at work today - it's monday but I'll try and check back later

Pacergal29
01-07-2008, 10:01 AM
Good Monday Morning Ladies! Day 2 on P1 redo for me, time to get rid of those cravings. Pretty good weekend here, got DS back off to school and reclaimed all sections of my house he had taken over! What crazy weather we are having! After single digits lastweek it is 61 here already this morning?!?!?!

Cottage Glad to hear curves went well for you today! I ventured back into the world of yoga this morning, gosh it sure feels good!

Kiko Good luck back at school today, and we look forward to seeing you in here everyday.

Cat Enjoy the last day of your vacation. Don't have to much fun painting!

Kara So glad to hear everyone is healthy at your house again!

Gonna Wishing you enough hours to get it all in today!

Cyndi, Dawn, Ruth, Phx and Schmoodle :wave:

Well how interesting is this, I have a new employee starting today and she is 30 minutes late? This doesn't look to be a good thing! Wouldn't you know the boss is out today, this isn't going to reflect well at all!

Have a great day chickies, I will check back later!

pear_fairy
01-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Morning ladies a newbie here and won't be on much as back to full time work tomorrow blahhhh. But hope to pop in at least once a day! Today is day one of phase one and so far so good but then again it is only 9:30 haha! I can do this!!!!

little chick
01-07-2008, 10:32 AM
Hey chicks, a quickie.... I have tried to post 3 times now and my phone won't stop ringing. Skiing yesterday was a blast.... ate on plan all day long. Did 10 runs down the hill and am a little sore today but not to bad. And TOM finally started, of course just before we left yesterday morning. Today is day 6 and still having a small nagging headache every now and then, but not to bad, I am starting to feel sugar free. Jumped on the scales this morning and am down 4 pounds but not going to count anything til wed when it will be a true week. Well I have to dash my todo list is not getting done. Have a great day and I will try to pop back on during nappy jammie time.

Kim_Star060404
01-07-2008, 11:01 AM
Good Monday morning, everyone and good evening to Kara!

Hallelujah, the migraine's gone and thank you for all the well-wishes yesterday!

Cottage: I'm glad you're back to Curves! I'm sure you were really starting to miss it! Oh goodness, Girl Scout Cookies already?! :yikes: Thank goodness we're on a strict budget this year! ;)

Kiko: Here's some :dust: and WTG planning out your meals for the day! Hope it's a great one for you!

Cat: I saw that episode on tv yesterday morning, but didn't get the recipe because I know I'd eat them all! Maybe I'll try them when the family comes in for a visit. Have a great day back at school!

Kara: I'm glad Kadyn's feeling better and I sure hope Avery's in bed soon! Hope the money management is going well!

GonnaBe: You are a busy lady today! Hope it all goes well - especially that training session at lunch! Don't forget to eat! ;)

Cyndi: I have to say that I love to have a hobby that involves exercise! What a great way to forget that you're exercising!

Dawn: I wish I was feeling the same way, I've got a lot of things that need to be organized! Have a great day and I hope nobody messes up today!

Ruth: :wave: My your operation is closer than I thought! Hope you're able to get everything done in time!

:wave:, Phx and Schmoodle! Congrats on getting to day 7 and I hope you have a wonderful one!

GonnaBe: Have a great day!

Stephanie: Yep, that is interesting. I hope there is a really good reason for it; I'm pretty sure that if she was a new hire in our office, she wouldn't still be on the payroll after a first day like that!

pear_fairy: :welcome3: to the :beach:! One of the best ways for me to stay on plan is to check in with these ladies every day! Hope you have a great first day!

LC: Congrats on the 4 lbs lost!! I'm glad your skiing was fun! Hope you have a great day!

Kim_Star060404
01-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Me: Back at work today and I don't know if I'm ready for it! I didn't get my print job done as I ended up having some sort of problem linking to the printer after the first 200 pages, so we need to get that done today.

I had a nsv this weekend! DH and I found out that I have knees!! And they're actually pretty pointy. It's probably been about 2 years since I've seen my actual knees what with all the fat that was surrounding them! It feels great to finally see some progress!

Not much going on today. I've got to clean at least one room tonight and work on a meal plan for the week (I'm a little behind). I'm doing much, much better pacing myself with the book I'm reading, so there shouldn't be anymore late nights for me. I really need to get used to waking up earlier as I start classes a week from Thursday! :yikes: I don't know if I'm ready for it yet!!

femmecreole
01-07-2008, 11:22 AM
After trying the peanut butter cookie recipe yesterday, it got me to thinking. I really don't mind the splenda taste too much, but wondered if I could make cookies using agave necter. I'm about out of peanut butter, but had other stuff that I've thrown together as an experiment.
I used 1/2 cup oatmeal flour, 1/2 cup almond flour, threw in a handful of oatmeal and a handful of almonds, then added an egg and a vanilla bean, a little olive oil, and streamed agave necter over it till it looked like the consistancy of cookie dough. Then I added some fresh cinnamon and nutmeg. It may be good, it may be horrible. They are in the oven now. I'm sure one cookie would be pretty "caloric" because of all of the almond stuff, so maybe one cookie for a serving of nuts? I'll let you know how they turn out.

tomandkara
01-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Oh, Cat, you got me thinking. I did a Take 3 on the Bean Brownies yesterday and they came out pretty good. Take 2 was VERY fudgy and I was trying to make a cakier version. Here's what I did...

1 15 ounce can of cannellini beans
2 T oil (I used canola)
1 c egg whites (or 4 eggs or 4 egg whites)
1/2 c sugar free Davinci vanilla syrup
1 1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
1 t vanilla
1/2 c dry milk
about 3 ounces sugar free chocolate, chopped

I just blended it all in a blender and then baked in a 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes. Last night when I tried it, it kind of tasted like chocolate bread pudding and I wasn't impressed. But today, it rather resembled a brownie! This version was 29 calories a brownie, if you cut the pan into 16 pieces - not bad for a brownie!!!

Next time I am going to try a little more dry milk powder and some nut flour or ground nuts.

Kara

tomandkara
01-07-2008, 11:54 AM
Kim, how beautiful are your knees?! Way to go!

LC, glad you had fun skiing! Hope your day settles a little!

Stephanie, I really can't think of a good reason for being more than a half hour late on your first day of work! Yikes! I hope she's OK.

Welcome, pearfairy! Take it one hour at a time, one minute if you have to! Just think of yourself at the end of the day looking over your food choices. I have a new mantra - "Is it worth it?" It's saved me from a couple spur-of-the-moment almostbad decisions!

Off to bed for real this time!

Kara

cottagebythesea
01-07-2008, 11:55 AM
You sure are pretty adventurous when it comes to cooking, aren't you, Cat! :) I bet the cookie concoction will turn out great, though, they sound really good to me. I would make one cookie= 1 serving of nuts, though. You must have a ton of willpower to be baking them and not gobbling them all up at once!

Cindy just called to tell me Audrey is home with a fever today. :( I guess that means we have to cancel her piano lesson this afternoon, too. I offered to go over early but Cindy said she'll stay with her until after I pick up Maggie at lunchtime. This afternoon will just be a cuddly lay-in, watching movies. That actually sounds pretty good to me. ;)

femmecreole
01-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Kara, that sounds just yummy!!!!!! I'm going to give it a whirl after I collect the ingrediants.
My "cookies" turned out real good, but were missing "something". I figured it out...a pinch of salt and vanilla or almond extract (I am out of both and used a vanilla bean instead)
I typed it up real fast before I forget what I did.

Almond/Oatmeal cookies

1/2 cup oat flour
1/2 cup almond flour
handful of rolled oats
handful of almonds (toast the almonds first if you want)
1 egg
olive oil
pinch of salt
vanilla or almond extract (1 teaspoon or to taste)
Agave necter
a little cinnamon and/or nutmeg if desired

Mix together flours and egg. Add a drizzle of olive oil along with rolled oats and almonds. Add salt, almonds, oatmeal,vanilla and cinnamon and/or nutmeg.
drizzle agave necter to taste until it's the consistancy of cookie dough. Spoon onto cookie sheet with either silicon pad or sprayed with Pam.
bake at 350 for about 12 minutes or till slightly browned.

It's kind of a cross between a cookie and a little muffin! You could add dried fruit also. One or two cookies should about equal a serving of nuts.

Not sure of the calories per cookie. Need to figure that out. It made 12 cookies.

tomandkara
01-07-2008, 11:58 AM
I made those cookies before and I think I calculated it out to be two cookies equaled one nut serving (I think they ended up having a tablespoon of peanut butter each).

Kara

ETA that I made the recipe with peanut butter, sweetener (I used Equal), and vanilla. I think that was it. There might have been an egg, but I can't quite remember.

Schmoodle
01-07-2008, 12:03 PM
Okay, cottage and Kara, I am counting on you to perfect the bean brownie recipe. I tried them once and they weren't great, but I could see they had promise. I prefer them fudgy though, what was your take 2 recipe kara?
Kim, I have to ask, what were you and DH doing when you discovered you had pointy knees?
Cat as usual, yum, I will add it to the list. I won't be making cookies for a while either though, since I am also cookied out, and DD is selling GS cookies right now.

I will come back and finish personals later. I had a long telecon this morning and work is still calling.

Kim_Star060404
01-07-2008, 12:09 PM
Kara: Thanks! :D They are beautiful! (It's so weird to be so taken with my knees!)

Schmoodle: :lol: Actually, we had just finished working out and I had my pants hiked up to cool off my legs! My mom asked me the same question and then screamed, "I don't want to know, I don't want to know!!"

little chick
01-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Kim, congrats on the knees. I can just picture your mom jumping up and down with her ears covered. To funny.

Kara and Cat- you girls rock.... I don't often experiment with recipies. I am not good with temptation so I just don't bake. lol.

Eating is going well and my slight headache I had went away. My biggest problem is that I am not really hungry once I have a big protien and veggie filled breakfast. I will be glad for ph 2 so I can have my cereal, or banana and pb.
Most of my little jobs are done. Just need to finalize my notes for the meeting tonight which requires a phone call. Then it is off to the shower and get dressed to go out.
Gotta to dash have a great afternoon.

pamatga
01-07-2008, 12:52 PM
I jumped the fence from WW Flex Plan that I had been following since Sept. After doing a lot of reading, I decided to follow SBD from now on. I began P1 on January 1. I have eaten out twice in the past seven days. I feel fortunate that the only symptom(s) I have had was an increase in hot flashes! and a clear up of an irritating rash I had. I have NOT felt any physical cravings for sweets AT ALL! I am really glad though that I did a modified version of P2 during December ( I just couldn't wait! I was too excited!)

In the past, I have made some different desserts from a cookbook that used Splenda as the sugar source. I am not sure if I will be baking right away on P2 or not. I have decided that I will add 1 carb and 1 fruit each day of the first week of P2, then add 2 carbs/2 fruits-week 2 of P2 and finally 3 carbs/3 fruits-week 3 of P2 and that is where I plan to stay until I have lost all of my weight.

I think this has been one of the easiest food plans I have ever been on.

look forward to joining you here :D

Schmoodle
01-07-2008, 01:11 PM
DH just found out he will be leaving for Diego Garcia in 2 weeks. He'll be gone for 4 months. This is :D for the $$, and :( for being a single parent again... Oh well, this is nothing new, he's been doing this for 20 years now, I'm just out of practice because it's been a couple of years since he's been away that long. It's always tough on the kids. So we've got 2 weeks to get all the loose ends tied up that I don't want to have to deal with alone - cars, refrigerator repairs, etc.
I'm not whining, I get lots of help from my family. Just kinda bummed, even though I knew it was coming. I was hoping he'd get something in Baltimore.

pamatga, sounds like a good plan, but maybe adding stuff back too fast after Ph1. I did only oatmeal for one full week, then week 2, oatmeal and strawberries, and so on. If you are eating 3 fruits and 3 grains by week 3, you may have some cravings return. Also, it should be the same grain and/or fruit for the full week, so you can see if there are any particular things that may cause you trouble. Some chicks have found they need to stay away from pasta, others that they can't eat fruit in the morning. It took me about 6 weeks to really feel like I was all the way into Ph2. Of course, you'll have to figure out what works for you, but I wanted to share my experience, because my first time on SB, I did what you plan to do, and it caused me some problems.

GONNABE165
01-07-2008, 01:56 PM
Sure is a busy afternoon here.

I got my lunchtime workout done and will soon be back to work hard at it.

Cottage I hope Audrey is feeling better soon.

Cat & Kara you gals are a life saver on gettting us through this new lifestyle with all your experimental recipes.

:woohoo: Kim on those sexy knees

Check back a bit later

Bionic Beach Babe
01-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Cracked Wheat Salad...Sounds good..Is the recipe in Phase 1 section.

I too am going to start "Spring cleaning today...a room at the most per day. Drawers, shelves etc....going to get rid of a lot of stuff I havn't used in over a year...

Went to water Arobics and had a very good workout. Hubby and I go 3 days a week....Going to try a dance class tomorrow night.

Ruth: You will do fine with your new knee...I have no regrets and no pain.

KO
01-07-2008, 04:46 PM
I'm wiped! we were up till 5 am wrestling with spyware arg. I got some writing done tho and my computer is free of all nasties!
The spinach gratin turned out good Next time I jsut want to get LF swiss cheese.
I tried to make a Ph 1 friendly "chocolate Mousse" I had the texture down but the flavor I need to work on.
I snuck a peek at the scale today and it was encouraging but nothing official till tomorrow!
ok goign to catch a quick nap!
Kier

SillyFluff
01-07-2008, 04:58 PM
*sigh* well I weighed this morning and my scale is showing me up 4 lbs. I havent done anything different though. I dont understand. Maybe I overdid it on the grains? I don't know. SO back to the drawing board I guess.

RNMOM
01-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Hi ladies,
Just a quick pop in. Sounds like you all are doing well with the post holiday purging and de-toxing. I'm on day 7 of phase one and think I'm finally over the headachyness. It was about 3 days of yuk. Doing much better today.

Cold here and I've tried to get a fire started in the fireplace but no go. Oh well, I'm going to wrap up in a blanket this afternoon and take a nap, I've been running around like a mad woman for too many days.

Hope you are all doing well and staying inspired. This forum keeps me that way.
Hugs:hug:

Kim_Star060404
01-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Why the heck does Aunt Flow always show up on the same day that some tax payer brings a box of chocolates to the office? ARGH! It also happens to be a day where I'm swamped, but not really doing anything at the same time and people keep being goobers.

Okay. Breath. Breath. Look forward to that 4-mile walk you have coming - it's worth it.

(Please don't tell anyone that I'm this close to sucking down a packet of Splenda to get rid of those sugar cravings!!) :)

Schmoodle
01-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Hang in there Kim!:hug:

Diva
01-07-2008, 06:23 PM
Hi everyone! I've had a great day so far, hope all of you did too! :)

I went to the grocery store and have armed myself with Veggies, Fish, Chicken, lean meats, Whole grain pastas and other good foods, and of course snacks like almonds and Low carb Gronala bars, FF cheese, String cheese, Black berries with french Vanilla cool whip and some 100 calorie snacks to aid me into my new lifestyle with food. I'm excited! Looking at my buggy, it was so obvious that this girl (me) is on a health kick! hehe! Did y'all know that 2 TBSP of FV Cool Whip has only 25 calories, 1.5 grams of fat and 2 carbs? I am going to put them on my blackberries for a delish snack. I also got a Strawberry shortcake Smart-ones snack from WW. I am so READY!!!! I don't Think that these foods are phase 1 friendly, I may be skipping 1 and heading straight into 2, lol, but this is what I know for sure works for me so y'all are stuck with me. Hope ya don't mind. :D

cottagebythesea
01-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Diva, are you going to follow SouthBeach 100 %, or are you doing a combo of WeightWatchers/SouthBeach? The reason I'm asking is because on SouthBeach, many of the foods you mentioned above are not SB compatible on any phase. But we have had several of our members do a combination WW/SB, and have been very successful with their weight loss.
If you are going to strictly follow the South Beach Diet, though, foods such as the granola bars, many of the 100 calorie packs, and the Weight Watcher desserts are not allowed, even though they are low in calories. They often contain refined carbs, sugars, and/or high-fructose corn syrup, which we are trying to eliminate from our diet. Also, this isn't a low-carb diet, it's a good-carb diet.
Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, you sound very motivated and we're very happy to have you joining us!

Diva
01-07-2008, 09:43 PM
No I don't think I can do a strict 100% SB. I may be able to work up to it, but if I were to just jump into it 100% I would feel deeprived. I started off doing ww AND FAILED MISERABLY. i WAS always HUNGRY, GRUMPY AND FELT very DEPRIVED all THE TIME. THEN i WENT TO COUNTING CALoRIES AND WAS SOMEWHAT SUCCESSFUL (oops sorry, caps was stuck), but it was slow coming...very slow. Then I stumbled upon Atkins and the LC forum here and was VERY successful at it. I don't feel very welcomed or comfortable in the LC forum. Most of the people there are much older than me and I dunno.... I like the chattier forums yanno? I wasn't a strict Atkins either. I just found that if I cut my carbs in half and limited myself to 150 a day, I was losing up to 2 and 3 lbs a week or more, but of course over the Holiday's I went hog wild and gained it ALL back. Sigh.... After reading over the SB food list (Still waiting on the book) I realized that a lot of the carbs I was allowing myself to have was right there on the SB list. So I guess I am doing a mixture of LC and SB with a little 100 calorie pack here and there. I HAVE got to be able to have sweets from time to time or I'll binge (grrrrr) and I like the limitations of tose little things. I guess I am mosifying a few differnt ways of things and finding what works....Then when I reach goal, I will write a book and make millions! LOL! J/K :D

Did my food list make y'all mad or uncomfortable? I'll edit it if it did. :dizzy:

cottagebythesea
01-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Did my food list make y'all mad or uncomfortable? I'll edit it if it did. :dizzy:

Oh no, absolutely not! :) I was just wondering if maybe you were a little confused about SouthBeach, that's all.

phxsunflower
01-07-2008, 11:29 PM
good night ladies, well I made it through day 7!! Back to school. Ate on plan and am enjoying my dessert as I am reading about everyones day. A cup of hot cocoa with sf hazelnut syrup. Warm the tummy and then change the laundry over and into bed. I will try to stop by tomorrow.