LA Weight Loss - January 7-13th Losers and Friends Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Lynx
01-07-2008, 05:41 AM
Good morning everyone,
I can't sleep so I decided to start us out for the week. It is a new day, new week and I hope we are all ready to hit it hard. I know I am.
Take care,

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 61.5 lbs.
Current weight
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs

zambejaly5
01-07-2008, 07:18 AM
wow! you beat me to the punch! heres to a great week!

bayoubelle68
01-07-2008, 07:32 AM
Good morning, everybody! It's back to school for us today - YUCK!! Hopefully my class will be lethargic and calm for most of the day - I know I will be!

Amy - from your question on the past thread, I've had a small printing business for about 10 years now. I was the graphic designer at my church for 6 years and it just of flowed naturally into a side business for me. I do TONS of invitations, stationery (note cards, memo pads, gift enclosure cards, bag tags, address labels, long-lasting baby bottle labels, etc.), and a lot of corporate design work as well. My most popular designs are the ones in which I use photos as the art on the memo pads or notecards. Everybody loves to get cards or pads that say, "A Note from Jackson's Mommy" with a sweet picture of the child on them. I had a very busy eBay store for a while, but had to shut it down when it got a little too busy. With teaching and kids, it got hard to keep up with orders. I still do a lot of local work and some of my old eBay customers still email me to place orders, but with our new photography business, I've scaled my printing time WAY back.

Okay, I'm off to drag kiddos out of bed and make them eat breakfast before we leave for school!

Have a great day, everyone!

equinetcan
01-07-2008, 08:15 AM
Good morning!!!

I am off work till wednesday. Today though I am going to my mom's apartment and cleaning a bit before she comes home later this week from BC. Tomorrow I am going shopping. My new position (whenever it finally starts!!) means no casual type clothes except on fridays or special occasions. Bascially no jeans. So I need to go out and see about getting a couple of pairs of dress pants and maybe a couple new blouses. My existing dress pants are basically almost falling off me and make me look about 20 lbs heavier than I really am. I hope I can find something that I like. I am short so I have to go for the petite length which makes it harder to find something. I can't sew so hemming is not an option unless I want to pay someone to do it for me.

The cold finally broke up here. It is supposed to be above 0C for a few days so maybe some of our walls of snow we have will melt away a bit. Right now it is hard to see when you are pulling out of places because the banks are too high.

Here's to a POP day...time to go have my multigrain english muffin and some apple butter. Love the apple butter.

I'll check in later....

Lynx
01-07-2008, 08:22 AM
Hey Allanah and everyone else who needs new clothes,
One year ago I had nothing to wear that fit me. Now thanks to losing weight and to thrift stores I do not have that problem. Check out what is available in you local area before you buy brand new clothes. I have been able to find like new name brand clothes for a couple of dollars each. Savers (Easter Seals sponsored), Hospice Stores, St. Vincent de Paul are just some examples. Now I have to tell myself not to buy more. I also have to get going and selling stuff on ebay.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 61.5 lbs.
Current weight

Tuesday Cool
01-07-2008, 08:56 AM
Hello to another week. Today promises to be horrid. The usual veterinarian is on vacation for two weeks. Our boss did not bother to find a fill in vet in time so I have a surgeon just one day in two weeks. I had to put all the animals adopted from all three shelters on today and hope for the best. I am way over booked, do not expect to get a lunch, will most likely work late just to get these animals out of the shelter and make space for new ones to come in.
To top that off i get a phone call as I left work on Friday my boss was adding a difficult and time consuming surgery to my finished schedule. I tried to reason with her, suggested that this week she should think about sending the dog to an outside vet, but she sent the dog. Not really sure why she felt required to mess up my schedule so much but she did. I am spitting mad and stressed before I get to work.
But today I will be a loser and so will you!

Debbie24
01-07-2008, 09:11 AM
Morning everyone!!!

I hate to start off the day whining but i started the plan exactly 1 week ago and i've only lost 1lb. Yesterday i showed a 2lb loss and then today i'm back to only 1lb. :( I know since i'm breastfeeding i should not be losing much more than 1lb a week but geez its so aggravating to see it move so slowly. To top it off DH started with me and he's down 4lbs. I've been totally POP but i guess my body just keeps everything for making milk. Anyway whine over.

I hope everyone has a POP day!!!!

Kimphin
01-07-2008, 09:18 AM
Good morning everyone - I was going to do a TO today/tomorrow to get started up, but I decided to start OP and maybe work a TO in later. It feels good to be eating well again.

Alannah - My new job is a little more dressy too. I've picked up a few jackets and things here and there. The sales are pretty good right now -good luck.

Tuesday - Hang in there. Just remember that those animals need you!

Nicole, Kristen - do I need to swear to get you to post? (worked on me!)

Hi to all my old buds, and looking forward to getting to know those of you who have joined since I dissappeared!
Have as good a Monday as you can, friends!

Heather115
01-07-2008, 09:23 AM
Good morning all! Finished TO last night to see just a measly .9 lb. loss this morning. However, I refuse to let that get me down! I will stay on plan and will show that stupid COD I CAN and WILL lose this last 15 lbs!!! :D Grrr...

Here's to a POP day for us all! We can do this!!!!

sscott
01-07-2008, 09:29 AM
Happy Monday Morning! My goal is to be POP all week! Ok, maybe I will focus on today so I don't get overwhelmed. I WILL be POP today! Can you keep me accountable!?!

Debbie - don't get discouraged, you are doing what you are supposed to be doing. You don't want to lose to much too fast while you are breastfeeding. If you do, you will not have enough milk and the quality will be poor. Keep your chin up even when it seems really hard. My husband and I started at the same time and I have lost 20lbs and he has lost 40lbs! It doesn't seem fair, does it?

emmysmom
01-07-2008, 09:40 AM
Another crazy-busy day at work today:( I just wanted to pop in and say hello :wave: and Happy Monday to everyone!!!

I bought The Biggest Loser sculpting workout yesterday. I have to do something until my broken toe heals since the treadmill is out of the question. I got up late this morning so I'll probably try the workout tonight. I'm also doing TO today and tomorrow. I still haven't been brave enough to face the scale. I'd rather just "think" that I'm still at where I was before Christmas. I know it can't be that bad, but I'm just not ready...maybe after TO.

I finally got to finish watching the Biggest Loser last night (last Tuesday's show)...that poor girl who got voted off. I'd be soooo mad if I were her...and so mad at her dad. I am a Biggest Loser fanatic, by the way:)

Joni135
01-07-2008, 09:40 AM
Stacy - of course we'll keep you accountable...post everyday and if you aren't POP, well, you don't want to know!

Tina - our Chicks to the Challenge Finish WINNER must set a good example! Just because the challenge is over, doesn't mean you can stray! I love TBL show!

MomOfThreeTeens
01-07-2008, 09:46 AM
TN Heather!!! Great to see you posting chickie! I PMed you and the other Kim back but didnt get a response, maybe it didnt go through! We really need to get together and do something even if its just for coffee!

I'm all up for a Monday WI, it would keep me from eating like a cow all weekend! I've been POP for 5 days. I had really gotten lazy, not weighing and measuring things. I got my gold book out, got a diary out and got my butt in gear. I'm going to do weight loss for a few weeks and get down a few pounds below my goal weight so I dont freak everytime I get on the scale. 5 pounds up isnt such a big deal until you dont deal with it and it turns into 10 pounds. I absolutely refuse to ever buy bigger clothes ever again! SO I either stay in the ones I have or I'll be staying home all the time cause people frown when you go out in public naked! LOL

I havent been to WI in a week so I decided to go after work today and I hate afternoon WI's so we'll see if being POP has paid off!

Hope everybody has an amazing week!

ChocLabLover
01-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Good Morning everyone! I thought I would drop in on this thread! I have returned after being off the program (medical hold) for about 8 months. Due to some serious health issues I had to stop LAWL (nothing to do with the plan) and get better. I started in December, crazy I know but it kept me in check whereas I would have gone to TOWN if not. I am feeling really good about being back in control and I also have a mini goal to work towards to for the summer. I see some old timers are back and hello to newbies!

MomOfThreeTeens
01-07-2008, 09:57 AM
Welcome back Carol!!!

Welcome back to Jules too! Just keep hanging around and posting, try to get a picture in your avatar, it makes it more personal! Its fun being able to put a face with a name!

chiquita623
01-07-2008, 10:15 AM
Good Morning Everyone. Here's to a POP week - you know we can do this together!! Just a quick check in. It's a typical Monday here at work. Right now it's controlled chaos but later in the day it usually escalates to pure chaos! Didn't do much over the weekend but did stay POP for both days. I'd like to stay OP all this week. DD's baby shower is Sunday and I know I will probably eat something I shouldn't - even if it is a bite or two. Anyway, hope everyone has a great day and week. I'll check back in later.

Debbie24
01-07-2008, 10:18 AM
Stacy it definitely does not seem fair. When DH told me he was down to 169lbs (4lb loss) i was like "just dont tell me anymore" LOL. Thank you for the encouragement, i'll definitely remember that 1st its my child's health then my weightloss.

I hope you have a POP week but like you said shoot for today 1st. We're here to keep you accountable.

Dan2112
01-07-2008, 10:21 AM
Morning gang!

Snowing like crazy up here in Santa Fe, which worries me about my go-home commute this afternoon... Yikes!

Debbie.. DON'T FREAK OUT!!! You are going to fluctuate, especially taking into consideration what your body is going through right now with the whole breastfeeding thing... Add to that, you've told your body that it's not going to be getting the crappy foods its used to getting and it's probably rebelling a bit... Try not to WI every day.. The day to day changes can drive you nuts...

As for your DH... Men lose approximately 25% faster than women.. It's unfair and it sucks, but that's the way it is... In the time it took me to lose 110 pounds, Liz lost 35... She gets discouraged, but she sticks with it, knowing that she's healthier and in much better shape than she was before. Read the article Lynn posted in the "emotional eating" thread..

Have a great one, guys, and may the POP be with you!

chiquita623
01-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Talk about crazy weather - it was 65 here yesterday and today it's supposed to be around 70. Course it's raining too but what's going on with this stuff? Don't want to complain - I think by the end of the week we'll be back in the single digits. YUCK - I hate winter!!!

ChocLabLover
01-07-2008, 10:36 AM
I know-we have already had all the records broken here today but a cold snap is supposed to happen by the end of the week.

KrispieD
01-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Morning!!
Kimphin ^&*$&^$) :) How are you??

Carol!!! Wow ..long time no see! Welcome back and I hope you are doing okay! We missed you!

We had a good weekend on plan.. DH is fully on board with me this time so it's been much easier.. of course his pounds will start to fly off then I'll have to slip lard into his food but for now we are doing well. We went out for dinner on Saturday and spent 15 minutes picking a restaurant where we knew we could get fish. Shared a salad and both ordered grilled and shared some wine. So we are doing well. I'm following a principle called Eat Clean which basically means no white flour, sugar, processed foods and only lean proteins, complex carbs at each meal. Also eating 6 meals a day instead of 3 main ones.. have to say after all the 'fun' I had indulging over the holidays I've had a real spring in my step this past week.. I guess my body is saying THANK YOU for putting the good stuff back in. I am in the midst of another wicked session of tantrums from our eldest, now 4, so trying to stay calm and go grab a water or herbal tea after an outburst instead of a chocolate or some feel good food has been a challenge.. but I won't let her moods add to my waistline!
The best thing about the new year has been to see all the old folks on the board as well as all the newcomers. Anyone who has been on here a while will tell you this board has helped us all more than COD, your journals etc. So keep on posting and checking in! I

Have a great week all.

Katy66
01-07-2008, 10:40 AM
Good Morning Everyone! Didn't have a chance to post over the weekend. My computer at home is on the fritz SO.....

Haven't done so yet but I need to update my VDay goal ticker to 12 lbs to lose.... Bummer but when I went to COD it was higher than I thought.

Started a Fast Forward today. Figured I had been eating so badly that I needed to start from the beginning. So far so good:) My DH is doing it with me this time, only he won't be going to COD. Can you guys help with what plan he should be on? He is 5'7" and 220....... I'm doing the numbered plans right now.

Had a pretty good weekend except I'm still battling this upper respiratory thing. It has really got me down.

Mama Nicole
01-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Good morning everyone :) Have to take DD to school, but will check in later.
XOXO

ChocLabLover
01-07-2008, 10:52 AM
Kristen!!:cp: Great to see you are still here!

Debbie24
01-07-2008, 10:56 AM
Dan thank you so much for the encouragement. I'm not going to freak out too much and i really do need to stop weighing myself everyday. Its always been my problem. You remember the commercial with the person chained to a scale, i think thats me. LOL.

I hope the snow doesnt affect your commute home too much, brr sounds cold. We're about 80 degrees here today which is wonderful (not trying to rub it in). I hate the winter thats why i moved from NY to FL about 2.5yrs ago.

I get the chills just thinking about single digits weather. brrr

smjezzy
01-07-2008, 11:16 AM
Good morning and Happy New Year to everyone. Back to work today after 2 weeks vacation. I have cleaned every closet, room, cabinet and drawer in my house. Totally ignored the diet and am up quite a bit as a result. I've planned out this weeks meals but am having issues kicking the craving for sweets. I think I'm going to have to resort to zone bars again. Found an exercise channel on cable and have been doing the walking one with them. Seemed easy enough to do but really got my heart rate up so I think it will work nicely.

New year, new plan, new resolve. Here's to a POP day.

sscott
01-07-2008, 11:16 AM
I know it's only been a short while, but so far so good on being POP! I have had a tough couple of days feeling really emotional and irritable. Normally in the past I would turn to food to feel better, but this time I am going to turn to the people around me. Thanks for all the good articles on emotional eating, positive self-talk (something I still struggle with HUGE), it has really helped me out. I hope you all are having a great day!

Dan2112
01-07-2008, 11:33 AM
Dan thank you so much for the encouragement. I'm not going to freak out too much and i really do need to stop weighing myself everyday. Its always been my problem. You remember the commercial with the person chained to a scale, i think thats me. LOL.

I hope the snow doesnt affect your commute home too much, brr sounds cold. We're about 80 degrees here today which is wonderful (not trying to rub it in). I hate the winter thats why i moved from NY to FL about 2.5yrs ago.

I get the chills just thinking about single digits weather. brrr

Let's hope your 80 degree weather holds through late March when we'll be spending a week and the "most expensive place on earth" :lol:

We lucked out with great weather the last time we ventured to Disney a couple years ago, so we're hoping it will be a repeat performance this year...

I love seeing all the snow, as it makes my job easier (more snow, fewer fires), but I don't relish driving in it...

Debbie24
01-07-2008, 11:59 AM
Dan if snow means fewer fires then its worth it.

I'm sure it will be around the 80's here in march so you shouldnt have a problem.

I love the "most expensive place on earth" that it is. We only went this past year for the 1st time and had fun but was shocked by the prices, the kids loved it but we're not going again until Dylan (my youngest) is atleast 18m but most likely when he's 2yrs old.

Lately I find myself defending the prices because i watched a few shows on how it is behind the scenes and it realy does look like it takes alot of $ to run that place.

Have you seen the bugs life show, "its tough being a bug" (animal kingdom)? Its the best, the kids screamed from the darkness and loud sounds but it was definitely the highlight of the trip for the adults. Highly recommended if you havent seen it.

ferrarimomof2
01-07-2008, 12:05 PM
Good morning everyone,

I went to WI today and was up 1 3/4 lbs. I can't blame anyone but myself. However, I am not going to let this gain get me down. I am going to stay POP today and see what I weigh on Wednesday.

I have a question. I have to have surgery on Friday and have my 4 wisdom teeth taken out. So, needless to say I will not be eating solid food for a couple days. My counselor says that I can do the meal replacement, fruit juice, and V-8. Should I buy the meal replacements or should I use Slim Fast? I asked and the the meal replacements are $13 for 4 of them. I don't mind paying the money if they are better than slim fast.

I hope that everyone has a POP day. I will check back in later.

amylou7777
01-07-2008, 12:05 PM
Hi Shannon! Hi Carol!

Hang in there Debbie-it has to work if you keep it up!

Dan-oooo Snow! Drive safe!

Katy- good to see you! Sorry to hear about your comp!

Felicia- wow, you are a busy woman! Sound like a lot of fun to me. Congrats on your success! Hope your class is kind to you today!

Nicole-you better be back! I miss your long posts!

My sweet tooth has been raging at night! I'm hoping that now that I'll be starting school again I'll be too tired to eat and just go to bed. I tried to satisfy myself with some SF jello, but I still had a handful of jelly bellys I found in the pantry! grrr, I know it's not the worst thing to eat, but still-I feel like a drug addict lately! That was my first real slip up in the last few days, I'm going for 5 strait POP days- strict POP days- no nibbles, no sips, no extras! I know I can do it-I've done it before!!

I also need to get exercising! Joni-you've been a real motivator! I like your new ticker!

Hi Tina- take care of that toe!

Ok-must get ready for school!

okie in il
01-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Good morning everyone! I hope everyone had a good POP weekend. Mine wasn't perfect, but close! Doing good today so far!

Laurie, Where do you live? I'm not sure what is considered Central Illinois (I've only lived here a little over a year). I live about 20 miles East of St. Louis. We had the same temps yesterday & it's supposed to be 71 today. :carrot::carrot: But I think it will be cold again towards the end of the week. I'm really looking forward to my cruise in Feb.

Have a great POP day, everyone!

chiquita623
01-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Becky, I live in Peoria. My daughter lives in Belleville. She keeps telling me that you don't really have a winter down there. Or at least not like we have them up here. I'm not sure I completely agree with her. A cruise sound wonderful about now. I've never been on one but have heard they are marvelous!!

ferrarimomof2
01-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Amy- Have a great day at school. And thanks for the concern about my DD. She is doing better.

Felica- I hope that your class is nice to you today. If the kids in your class are anything like my son, he really did not want to go to school today. So, I am sure he will be dumpy all day.

Dan- Drive safe

Debbie- I am glad to hear that you understand the importance of your baby's health. Your weight loss will come just keep on trying.

Hello to everyone else that I missed personally addressing. I am trying to get better at addressing each person personally.

Have a great day.

Debbie24
01-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Dionne - i think you can do the slim fast insead, cheaper and i dont think there is much difference, hopefully someone will have some more info. GL with the surgery.

Amy - thanks for the encouragement. i posted a homemade chocolate pudding recipe from debs cookbook that definitely satisfies the sweet tooth.

Dan - me again! :D. Check this out, something you may be interested it. I'm a planner so i like having this option. Its a personalized disney map. You can choose all the places you want to hit at disney and then after you're done you can order it. they send you the personalized maps for free within 6 weeks. Its very pretty and it can be a keepsake also. https://secure.disney.go.com/wdw/myVacation/customizedMaps/index?id=CustomizedMapsFlashPage

Mama Nicole
01-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Becky and Laurie.......I live in St. Louis (Maryland Heights to be exact), and it is 70 degrees as I type :)

This flylady business is making it very difficult for me to have the time I want on my computer (or on this site :)). I am trying to find the balance.......as with soooo many things in my life.

I spent the day yesterday in the children's ER with 10 yo DD. She tripped on a wire hanger in the basement, knocked over a florescent light fixture that was in the corner, and fell on it, resulting in a nice J shaped owie that required 10 stitches. She was such a trooper. DH was hunting, and I had to call him home cuz 17 yo DD had to go to work. I didn't want to leave all the kids with 12 yo, cuz the ER can take a long time....so I had to call DH home. It all worked out in the end, and DD is home with me today.

I really have to go change my laundry.....but I am dying to do some personals. There are so many people here that I don't even know........but I am definitely getting back into this game. I need to feel like me again instead of this strager who took over my body.

I will be back again soon......
XOXO

ferrarimomof2
01-07-2008, 12:34 PM
Nicole- I hope that your DD is feeling better and I look forward to reading your posts.

Mama Nicole
01-07-2008, 12:37 PM
Becky, I live in Peoria.
Isn't that where Wayne's World takes place??? :lol:

JLem311
01-07-2008, 12:43 PM
hey everyone. just thought i'd post since i finally got my internet hooked up. the move was ok. we made it in one piece..i think. :) it was very stressful and hectic, but we're here.
i'm almost fully unpacked and we've only been here a little over a week. dh had to go back to SC on jan 2nd...so it's just been me and kitty. the kids have been over quite a few times and vice versa, but i still feel pretty alone. oh well..i'm coping, i guess.

anyways, lots to do yet. i go back to work on the 14th. so, i'll be checking in. just wanted to let everyone know that i'm alive and that i made it safe.

michie
01-07-2008, 12:44 PM
OMG.. you guys are so hard to keep up with! It's only 9am and there are already 3 pages of posts!?! Chatty chatty chatty! Anyway.. here's my contribution to the convo..

I made myself some green tea with lemon this morning and it made me really sick! Weird! First time trying it with a real lemon and i couldn't hold it down for half an hour. I think i'll try one or the other to see if that makes me sick. But I was so bummed when I got sick because... who likes being sick?!?

I went to a going away party for a friend last night and another friend was there (the reason I started LAWL) and she is officially down 130+ pounds! She kept complaining about how she's been fluctuating and not POP, so it made me feel better about my stupid 5 pound margin i've been bouncing around. I am completely motivated now though. She did it in like 8 months... she seriously looks great!

Anyway, I am going to try and take the rest of the day off so I don't throw up on all of my kiddies... have a great one and stay POP!

Michelle

chiquita623
01-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Jillian I'm glad things went OK with the move. I hate to move but once I get everything put away I think WOW it really looks nice. And then I start collecting things again!

Nicole - Yep Wayne's World. That's what we're famous for. I'm sure there are other things but I'd have to think about it for a while.

Heather115
01-07-2008, 01:02 PM
Hey Jillian! Great to see you again! I love your new avatar - the short hair is very flattering! I'm glad you had a safe trip and are getting settled in. Things are looking up, right? I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

pjbeau
01-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Wow! It has been a busy morning here.

It was nice to come to work this morning and have all my coworkers back from the holidays. Alot of government workers take vacation for 2-3 weeks over the Christmas holidays. I like to enjoy my leave throughout the year, and I used all my leave when DH was in the hospital this fall, so I got to work through the holidays.

The weekend was okay, I didn't quite stay POP, but I did okay. This morning's WI still showed 1 lb loss...good.

Felicia - Your side business sounds like fun. I've always wanted to find something fun to do and make a little extra $$. Good luck with the school kids.

Tuesday - Hang in there! Good luck with your day...breathe.

Debbie - Me too!! I cannot seem to lose big numbers in a week. I just creep by. I'm a scale-a-holic too...have to weigh in each morning...can't help myself.

Tina - Love...love...love...TBL! So inspirational and encouraging.

Carol - Glad to see you back. Hope you are feeling better.

Laurie - Way the stay POP on a weekend! I tried, but the cookies got me.

Dionne - I would choose Slimfast Optima.

Amy - Sweet tooth got me this weekend too...just couldn't walk past those darn cookies. I've really got to dust off the treadmill and get busy exercising.

Nicole - FLYlady is kicking my butt!! Hate the ER...always takes forever. Last year I spent New Year's Day at ER w/DS after he stepped on a pitchfork at a bonfire/party. This year he comes in New Year's Day morning and says, "Don't need to go to ER, but I need you to doctor me." Great. He had been hit by a bottle rocket in the back of the head. Nice 2" circle of burnt flesh and hair. Redneck boys...

Jillian - Glad you made it okay and are settling in.

Michelle - Feel better soon.

Hey and hugs to everyone else too: Lynn, Lettie, Allanah, Kimphin, TN Heather, Stacy, Joni, Kim, Dan, Kristin, Katy, Shannon, and Becky!

cecil
01-07-2008, 01:21 PM
Yeah Jillian everyone has been wondering about you! Glad everything went well. It seems like everyone had a good weekend. I don't have a lot of time right now just wanted to pop in and say hi.
Michelle that sucks that you got sick. Maybe you have a touch of the flu. Hope you feel better! I WI tomorrow. ugh! I need to do TO. But I just keep putting it off. Anyway. I better get to work. I will try to check back in later! POP!

Lynx
01-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Dionne,
I use Target ultra weight loss shakes. I like the Rich chocolate royale, but the vanilla is good too. It is cheaper than Slim Fast Optima and much cheaper than Slimdowns. NOTE: read the labels carefully as one of the Target Chocolate flavors is much higher in calories and sugar.

Slimdowns (strawberry) cal 260; fat 5; sodium 290 mg; total carbs 35 g; sugars 31 grams; protein 20 grams; fiber less than 1 gram

Slimfast Optima - cal 180-190; fat 5-6 grams; carbs 23-25; sugars 17 grams; protein 10 grams; fiber 5 grams.

Target ultra - cal 170; fat 5 grams; total carb 24 grams; sugars 17 grams and protein 10 grams; fiber 5 grams

With the Target and Slimfast brands it is recommended that you eat 1 skim string cheese to make up for the lower amount of protein. As always, you list the food as a Slimdown on your diary, if a Counselor is reviewing your food choices.

Gotta run. I have a project to do for someone.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 62.5 lbs.

KrispieD
Jillian great to 'see' you and glad you are settling.
To all the mommas with children that had owies hope they are okay.. my eldest who is 4 doesn't have any but has been asking for it.. in the past few days we've had a lovely array of "you're a nasty man", "i'm going to run away", "i don't like this house", "mommy is a rude lady", "i don't like you", "your voice is yucky don't talk to me"..... I wonder if I can get a discount if I go on both Dr Phil AND Supernanny?
Oh listen.. it's the sound of the new flavor MommyStress Blizzard calling me!

MomOfThreeTeens
Paula! Hey chickie!

Nicole-Sorry to hear about your DD, I hate the ER!

Heather-I havent heard from the other Kim, thought about calling her at work and leaving her a voice mail but I'm guessing her days are crazy since we just started back to school. Maybe I'll give it a whirl!

Jillian-Glad you're getting settled in after the move!

Dan-I'm jealous, I've never been to Disney World, pick me up some Mickey Mouse ears, would ya? LOL

MomOfThreeTeens
01-07-2008, 01:31 PM
LOLOL Kristen I'm sorry I had to laugh at your post but it brought back some errrr fond memories of my kids! It does get better believe it or not and there comes a time when they even like you again! My reply when I got an "I DONT LIKE YOU!" was, well I dont like you very much right now either!!! That would make her pout like I had hurt her feelings even though SHE started it, sheesh! lol

Dan2112
01-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Dionne - i think you can do the slim fast insead, cheaper and i dont think there is much difference, hopefully someone will have some more info. GL with the surgery.

Amy - thanks for the encouragement. i posted a homemade chocolate pudding recipe from debs cookbook that definitely satisfies the sweet tooth.

Dan - me again! :D. Check this out, something you may be interested it. I'm a planner so i like having this option. Its a personalized disney map. You can choose all the places you want to hit at disney and then after you're done you can order it. they send you the personalized maps for free within 6 weeks. Its very pretty and it can be a keepsake also. https://secure.disney.go.com/wdw/myVacation/customizedMaps/index?id=CustomizedMapsFlashPage

Thanks Debbie.. I don't know if I'm organized enough to do that, but it sounds like really cool idea.. Liz and I mapped out the places we want to see and eat yesterday and she's supposed to call in and make reservations today.. I hope we get the places we want, when we want, but we're cutting it a bit close, I know..

StevenBensMom
01-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Hello Everyone,
I just wanted to "finally" comeout and say hello! I have been lurking on this site for quite sometime and thought I should be polite and say hello. You are all such a great inspiration and I am hoping to join in with all of you to continue on this journey. I find that you are all way more motivating than most of the counselors I met at the center I belonged to, which closed as well. So I am here to stay and continue on with all of you.

I am on blue w/lites (liked to use the shakes as lites, but am at a loss without them as I would do one shake and one bar a day), so just hoping to find a close exchange for them like I have with the bars.

Have a great day and keep up the great work!:)

Kimphin
01-07-2008, 01:41 PM
Kristen - Keep your cool and stay away from DQ! My 4YO nephew loved to tell my SIL that he was going to "call the police and have her under-arrested" when he didn't like something she made him do. This ranked right up there with screaming "You're not my mommy!" in public when she wouldn't give hime what he wanted. Yet, he still lives. (he's 7 now)

bradleys mom
01-07-2008, 01:41 PM
OMG, I am going to start handing out speeding tickets. I definately dont have time for personals right now, I am at work by myself.
Just wanted to check in.

Has anyone heard from Michelle about the BL challenge yet?

My weight was UP this morning. I think I had a lot of sodium yesterday now that I sit and think about it! YUCK!

equinetcan
01-07-2008, 01:50 PM
OK You guys are a chatty bunch today. When I left but 3 hours ago to go and do some housecleaning at my mom's apartment there were 6 posts on this thread - I come back and there are 49. Up to page 4 already and it is only 2:50 here.

Carol - welcome back to a fellow canuck!! I know I am enjoying this little break from the frigid temperatures - raining right now for a bit

Dionne - I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth out during my second year of university so I know what you'll be going through. And all 4 of mine were impacted as well. I lived on soup, mashed potatoes etc for several weeks as I couldn't chew anything hard for awhile. I hope your goes ok.

I just wanted to make a quick stop in before I go do some housework here at my house. I bought myself a new set of bedding (bedspead, shams and skirt) that was on sale at sears here. Burgundy velvet. Its really pretty. Must go put it on the bed and see how it looks.

okie in il
01-07-2008, 01:56 PM
Kelly - welcome. I'm fairly new to the site as well. Good luck on the rest of your journey w/out a COD. With these boards, you can do it!

Laurie - I live in Troy, just north of Belleville. This is only my 2nd winter here & you're right, we haven't had much of one, but it can get pretty cold. I've never been on a cruise either, never could convince my DH to go. He's in the Coast Guard so I understand his resistance at willingly getting on a boat. LOL! I guess he's decided since I've been married to him for 20 years, he owed it to me. :D

Nicole - Maryland Heights? Is that close to that 64/40 mess? I don't envy anyone who has to deal with that on a daily basis? What a cluster!! Sorry to hear about your DD. I hope all is well with her today. Sounds like she took it like a trooper though. My DD is 9 & she fell on the stairs yesterday at church & you would have thought she broke her leg the way she acted. Can't imagine how she would act if she had to have stitches. :dizzy:

Sorry I didn't address everyone personally. Still trying to learn everyone's names.

sscott
01-07-2008, 02:05 PM
Welcome Kelly! I'm glad you finally stopped lurking and decided to say hello! This is a great group of women and man :) Jump right in!

BarbaraB
01-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Good morning all!

Wow what a lot of chatty group! I guess we are all very motivated to lose weight now that it is the new year. I am finally feeling like the Christmas bloat is leaving me.

Kelly, I do Blue with lites too. I haven't found a replacement for the LA Shakes, but I have considered using the South Beach bars, as they are fewer calories, so it would be a similiar kind of a thing.

Princess Heather, I have thought about you and the surgery a few times during the weekend. I seem to watch too many of those shows where they show people who have had the surgery. One of my sister's friends had the surgery too. You still have to make the lifestyle changes, no matter what. That is the hard part. The only difference the weight loss surgery has is that you get horribly ill if you fall of the wagon. You still must find other ways to deal with stress and emotions and social eating situations. I watched this show about the psychology of dieting and how we are so influenced by what those around us are eating and how people who are dieters tend to have this all or nothing attitude towards their diet. I guess that is one of the main things that LAWL helped me get over, this whole "I've blown it, let's really eat now" mentality. Also eating to relieve stress... doesn't really work, since I just feel like such a failure after I've indulged just because I was stressed.

Anyway, I know it is a battle, it is for everyone. I finally realized that almost all of those tiny skinny women are struggling to control their weight too. So we are not "cursed". Sure we might have to work harder at it than some... I know that my family tree is full to the brim with obesity.... and the diseases that it causes too.. and actually it amazingly does not seem to kill us overly early... not sure how that is, but we seem to be able to pull of the chubby old person thing better than most, which made me lax about being concerned with my health, and then I took a look at the quality of life that it was, when you don't take care of yourself and are dealing with diabetes and limited mobility, since if you have a BMI of over 40 for a couple of decades, your knees and feet are going to cause you problems..... and I just didn't want that for myself. I was already seeing major problems with me feet and my knees were starting to ache, and that was in my mid 40's... didn't take much to project ahead a decade or two and there I was... just like my aunts... Somehow the get togethers with my sisters, I don't want it to be the discussion of who is the sickest and the lamest!

Anyway, I guess we all just have to keep trying. It is not a battle that can ever really be won completely, since vanquished pounds can sneak attack us, but if we keep battling we will be doing so much better than just surrendering to a fate of fatness and ill health.

Anyway, my knees are great now.... and I can once again wear cute shoes without crying afterwards... LOL

So let's fight the good fight, and if it is not LAWL... fine... It is a program, but not the only way to lose weight. I found it helpful. I found the eating more regularly helped me control myself a lot better. I found the exchanges helped me eat more healthily and to be able to stay on plan in more situations... but there are a lot of programs where people are successful.. the important thing is to keep doing anything long enough to get results..

Sorry, I guess I'll join Dan in stepping off the soap box...

Jrny2aNewMe
01-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Hey all!

I know I've been MIA lately - took some time off work over the holdiays. Was back to work last week, but just didn't have enough time to spend any time here reading, never mind posting. Still crazy a$$ busy, but I've got to allow some 3FC time, I seriously need to get back on track as I've been messing around quite a bit for the past month or so. COD was "very concerned" about my plateau on Friday and wanting to analyze a typical day/week of what I was eating and what exercise I was getting. I put them off said I wanted to give it a couple of weeks and see what happens - I know darn well what has caused my "plateau" LOL. However, I absolutely must get back to being POP.

Hope everyone has a great day.

bayoubelle68
01-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Oh, my goodness! I am so much better and more OP when I'm back at work!! I've got to go to the dreaded WalMart after school for groceries. I HATE going there after school, but the cupboard is nearly bare!

michie
01-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Hello again! Just got home from the COD and I'm down .8! Woo Hoo! Every little bit counts! I also got some LA Lite soup.. the cream of chicken one... so nervous to try it. We will see though!

Kimberly- I got a message from Michelle asking about starting weight. I submitted mine because I feel like I will lose weight by the 12th and have an advantage! Is that cheating??? We're pretty close in weight... maybe we'll be on the same team!

Cecilia- Thanks for the kind words.. i really appreciate it! Counselor at my COD told me I better take care of myself because PNEUMONIA was going around! Yikes!

Felicia- I hate Walmart too. I'm a Target girl.

Hope ya'll have a great day! Be POP!

zambejaly5
01-07-2008, 04:12 PM
4 pages??? seriously?! it is only 3:00 in the afternoon!!

I am starving today. I kept wondering what was wrong with me and then I realized.....hmmmm supposed to have TOM next week! that will do it. I am always bottomless the week before..... so I am trying to convince myself that I am not starving to death.

Katy66
01-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Good Afternoon Gang! Well my FF day has been good so far. The Juice and water are about to run me to death but that is the point huh? Problem is the closest bathroom to my office is being renovated so I have to walk either up 2 flights of stairs or to another building. I know I know, the walk is good for me BUT I have a tendency to wait until the last minute and I swear this respiratory thing is kicking my butt. If I'm not better tomorrow I'm going to the MD...something has to give.

Kristen - Too funny about your 4 yr old. My dd just turned 5 in Dec and gosh knows I've heard (hear) the same things.

KimberlyR- I'm sure your gain is nothing a little lemon water can't fix.

Hi AmyLou; Val; Nicole; Paula

Felicia - I do much better staying on plan at work than I do at home. Not sure why but it does work out that way.

Michie - Congrats on the loss

Jillian - Glad to hear the move went okay....I hate moving! Take care girl!

Dan - You'll have to give me some pointers about Disney. We are beginning to plan our trip for this time next year. I obviously need to do some research since I would have never thought about reservations.

Lynn - The target ultra are the best. I was so excited when I found them because of the price. I use them with a fruit for breakfast a lot.

Well gotta run folks. I'll be back on in the morning unless DH has the computer up and going which is doubtful.

Oh, don't forget I need some input on which plan he should be on.....

Katy66
01-07-2008, 04:17 PM
Lettie - You are not starving to death. I'm with you though....this probably wasn't the best week to do a FF:)

Joni135
01-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Jillian - glad you made it. You have to change your avatar cause you aren't in NC anymore! I assume you transferred to another Starbucks...lord knows they are everywhere!

Chatty chatty group and I have no time! Gotta go watch Dr. Oz on Oprah and work. Yes, I can multi task!

bayoubelle68
01-07-2008, 04:33 PM
Michie - I keep praying for a Super Target to open here! I only go to WalMart for what we call "Big" groceries. I always end up buying non-grocery stuff that I really don't need. I'm better off at Kroger, but it's SO much more expensive!

I've actually changed my mind about going to WalMart this afternoon. The big LSU game is tonight and WalMart will be PACKED with people buying food for the game! I'm going to slither into Kroger to grab a few things and to order DS's birthday cake for Saturday. Hopefully it won't be too packed.

I have a strawberry banana smoothie planned for my evening snack. I've been thinking about it all day long!

JLem311
01-07-2008, 05:13 PM
a new avatar, a new state listed and a new profile pic. :)
and yes joni, i transferred back to my old starbucks that i originally started at. i haven't gone back to work yet, but it's going to be weird. i don't know how i feel about it yet...or the whole move in general. it's a bit bittersweet for me and my family (parents, brothers, sister) don't understand that.

BarbaraB
01-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Felicia, You are so cute, dreaming of smoothies. I go to Albertson's for "small grocery" trips, since it is 5 blocks from my house and so convenient and then do the "big grocery" trips to Winco or Costco. I always end up with something that I didn't know I needed until I walked in the door at Costco though. Lately when my DD hears that I'm going to Costco she begs to come along, and then I spend twice as much...and we already give her money for groceries.... So my DH complains about it. I guess this weekend I took her to costco and then Ikea where we spent lots and lots of money. Ikea is just too much fun and it is hard to draw the line on stuff when it is all so reasonably priced and cute.

Joni, I wish I had Oprah set up to tape. I love Dr Oz.

Lettie, I always have the hardest time during PMS. I just want to eat the worst things and lots of them. Drink some water and maybe it will pass soon.

Katy, if you can do a TO during PMS, you can do anything. Actually now that I think of it, I've done that... miserable experience, but it is only two days. You can do almost anything for 2 short days. I believe I slept a lot though.

I am trying to not be annoyed with my project team... There are two people testing with two different specs and one tells me to set it this way since it is not to spec and the other says no set it back, it is not to spec! The 3rd iteration I lost it and sent them their two different specs and am letting them fight it out, since they are making me a little insane. The web site is supposed to go live a week from today. We need to get this straightened out.

Repo girl
01-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Hi everyone!

Kristen- Ooooh, don't you just want to wring their little necks sometimes? Mine 5 year old is still doing that stuff. I take away her MP3 player for a day if she talks to me like that. No Hannah Montana to rock out to, that gets her where it hurts!

I am crazy busy getting ready for my health inspection on Wednesday.

Have a great night everyone!!

Joni135
01-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Jillian - I love your new avatar picture. You look like you are ready for corporate america! SD = South Dakota??? San Diego? My brain is fried.

Nicole - I hope DD is doing okay....and you got through your ER visit.

Kristen - sorry, there are no stress reliever blizzards on your program! I laughed about your Dr. Phil/Super Nanny discount. I got wrapped up Super Nanny last week (both episodes) and they really weren't even all that great (just my 2 cents). So, what do the experts say to do when your 4 year old talks like that to you!!???

cecil
01-07-2008, 06:10 PM
Barbara I LOVE IKEA! Ha! I couldn't resist commenting on that! I wish my mom would take me there and but me stuff! Ha ha!

KrispieD
01-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Katie.. OMG.. you mean it continues till they are 5???
Okay I'm going for the Oprah/Dr Phil/Supernanny/Wifeswap/Rachel Ray(so she can teach me to make calorie and fat free cocktails to cope with parenting) tv circuit!

Joni I'll have to get working on a new photo.

Lettie.. the week after Xmas is brutal appetite wise.. I've been eyeing up my own thigh this afternoon while dreaming of food!

BarbaraB
01-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Oh Kristen..... Sometimes little girls can be a trial to their mothers. My daughter had a real big problem with the whole idea that she was supposed to wear clothes, and I was an awful person for putting them on her. I recall my next door neighbor driving by (he was over 50, never had any kids and a watch commander of the highway patrol) and seeing my little nudist running loose in the yard... the look he gave me... well, sometimes you just get tired of the tantrum and the wrestling match to put clothes on a child... I have video tape of one of the tantrums... I was thinking I should play that for her next time she is home, since she was telling me just the other day what an angel child she always was, never a moment of trouble! HA! So Kristen, get video taped evidence... and 15 years from now, she will likely apologize and be embarassed that she was such a little pill to her dear mother.

KrispieD
01-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Barbara .. you are hilarious.. I'm so going to fire up the video camera!! If not for 15 years from now it can be my audition tape for Dr Phil.. thanks for the laugh!!!!

bayoubelle68
01-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Oooh, my 3 1/2 year old DD has a headful of curly red hair and the temper and attitude to match! She's very angry with me right now because we're trying to get her to stop sucking her thumb. This evening when I said gently, "No thumb, baby," she gave me a look and screeched, "You're not the boss of me, lady!" (Those of who don't believe in spanking should look away for a second.) Ten seconds later, red hiney and all, she looked at me balefully and said, "Sometimes you are not my friend!" To which I replied, "I'm not supposed to be your friend. I'm your mother. We can be friends when you're a grown-up!"

MTdebster921
01-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Hey everybody,
I don't really have time for personals right now especially after reading all the posts. This is the busiest it's been here in a while. Gotta get a workout done and some housework, then I might be back a little later.

Really quick though since I noticed nobody has answered Katy's question yet.
Katy- I hope your respiratory problems get better. Definitely go see a Dr. soon if it doesn't get better. Believe me, it's not something you should mess around with.

My DH is eating healthier with me and he is 5'8" and weighs 220. He is not doing lites or subs so here is where I have him.

3 Protein
4 veggie
4 fruit
4 starch
3 dairy
2 fat

He's been doing it since the 1st. No TO or FF and he is down 5 lbs. already, so he is jazzed.

Heather115
01-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Went to the COD for a WI tonight and am happy to say I was down 1 lb. Whee! I also talked to one of my favorite counselors and got the best information I've gotten at that place in ages. Where has she been all my life?!

The counselors all look at my diary every time (when I remember to bring it!) and comment that I seem to be making good food choices, don't know why the weight's sticking around, yada, yada, yada. Krystle looked tonight and said "hmm, not sure about that slice of cheese...do you eat a lot of cheese?" I replied that I eat that one slice of 2% american cheese on my lite whole grain english muffin every morning, without fail. She said (in utter horror!) "you eat an english muffin every morning?!" And the erring dieter replied, "...but, but, but... the book says it's okay! It's lite and whole grain and everything!" Krystle, the savior of my sanity, whips out a handy laminated sheet that says EXCELL at the top and asks if I've seen it before. Well, no, of course I hadn't or we wouldn't be in this predicament!

Are any of you familiar with this? It lists by exchange type the things that are unlimited and what should be limited. Okay, I know that's really nothing new, is it? We've all seen the "consume infrequently" lists in the books.... Krystle went on to explain what I could eat that won't slow down my weight loss and what items could definitely slow it down - needless to say, the lists are not quite the same! While my handy little book shows whole grain, light English Muffins on the regular starch list, this Excell thing has it listed in the Limited Choices category - no more than 3 times a week.

And she reminded me that cheeses are really hard to work in at this point because if the fat content is low enough, they tend to be high in sodium. Also, some people just don't tolerate cheese well and it can stick around longer than it should. I just assumed that if I found a cheese with 3 grams of fat or less per ounce, I was in good shape. There's so much to think about! She also pointed out that l beef, salmon and pork can have the same effect as the cheese - hangs on for several days.

I'm all excited because this seems to be the key I was missing! It might be old news to you guys. I'll wait and see how you respond before I retype the whole thing into another post. If I'm the only one who didn't know about this, then you can just grin and nod your heads and continue thinking "poor thing, bless her heart!" as we say down here in the South. :)

SaskNewfie
01-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Hey everyone...I'm back to have another kick at the cat so to speak. I'm not "officially" going to a lawl center...I'm simply taking what i learned last year and doing it on my own. Even though I gained 1/2 the weight back that i lost last year, i'm still 16lbs lighter than i was last xmas. So, if i can lose 30 and gain 15 this year i'll be 30lbs lighter in total next year!! I know, bad way of thinking.

Anyway, I'm gonna give it another shot and see where it takes me. My wife is actually gonna diet this time with me, so that will make it easier. So, once i get my groceries stocked up, i'll be back bugging you with questions!

JLem311
01-07-2008, 09:42 PM
yay! jason's back! nice to see you!

thanks for the compliments joni! i moved to south dakota. i'm sure the weather is much better in san diego though. :)

Dan2112
01-07-2008, 09:54 PM
Hey everyone...I'm back to have another kick at the cat so to speak. I'm not "officially" going to a lawl center...I'm simply taking what i learned last year and doing it on my own. Even though I gained 1/2 the weight back that i lost last year, i'm still 16lbs lighter than i was last xmas. So, if i can lose 30 and gain 15 this year i'll be 30lbs lighter in total next year!! I know, bad way of thinking.

Anyway, I'm gonna give it another shot and see where it takes me. My wife is actually gonna diet this time with me, so that will make it easier. So, once i get my groceries stocked up, i'll be back bugging you with questions!

Awww.. You mean now I gotta compete for the ladys' attention? :lol:

Welcome back!! We'll get you into shape in no time.. No wings and beer this time around bucko!!!

It's great that your wife is going to do it with you this time.. Makes it SO much easier.. Just remember to get rid of all the crappy foods you've got in the house.. If it's there, you'll eat it, just like me..

Great to have you back!

Katy - We didn't think about needing reservations either, but if you want to get into restaurants when you want, you gotta call WAY ahead.. Some places recommend 180's in advance..

My best recommendation is to use a travel agent or AAA. They can help run you through your options in a way that will be understandible. It also depends on how many days you're going to stay and if you're going to be staying on property and all that jazz... It's really mindblowing how much goes into it... But it's worth it!!

glenslady
01-07-2008, 10:02 PM
HI EVERYONE! I am new the new gal in town and am sure hoping I can make some friends to share all the good downs of weight loss with. I have been with la wieght loss since mid sept. and lost a little over 40 lbs and hope to be very very close to my goal by Valentines day since that will also be my wedding day. Nothing big or formal but I still want to look great. So far so good I am staying on track and staying at a steady 3 to 4 lbs a week even though my center is closed. althiugh I must admit my cravings for a big bowl of Cold stone ice cream are hard to fight in this warm weather(working next door doesn't help)UUUGGHHHH .
Well guess I need to get to the housework but if anyone wants to talk just say hi ! Have great evening and remember nothing tastes as good as the first bite of anything bad so only have the first bite and really enjoy it.

Angie
01-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Felicia -- Thank you! Those gym places are great for parties, and even just for weekend visits when it's cold and icky outside here. I'm sure he'll have a great time there. That salad is making my mouth water.

Amy -- Thank you! Yes, he was pooped for sure, waaaaay overtired. There were many tears at bedtime last night. I'm glad you are feeling better.

Alannah -- If you don't sew you can always buy some iron-on tape to hem your own pants...or take them to a dry cleaners...they usually do them for $5-$8 here.

Kimphin -- Hi there!

Tina -- I love TBL too. Let me know how you like the workout DVD, I was eying one last weekend.

Welcome back Carol!

Jillian -- Hi! Long time since I've seen you. Glad your move went well and I hope it feels like home soon. Your new haircut is so cute, you're looking great.

Michie -- Hope you are feeling better soon.

Hi Paula!

Kristen -- Ouch, those are harsh words from a 4 year old! My DS is getting clsose to that now...he says 'you're not my mommy ANYMORE!' and other delightful things to reject those who love him most...sigh.

Hi Kelly!

Barbara -- Wise words...thank you!

SaskNewfie
01-07-2008, 10:42 PM
No wings and beer this time around bucko!!!

The up side is that since last year I moved to Kingston and they don't have 9 cent wings anywhere here. Plus, as of yet we don't do wing nights! As for the beer, i have about 7 or 8 left in the fridge...once they're gone, I'll switch back to bacardi and diet coke. I noticed that i started to gain most of my weight back last year when i started drinking beer again! I guess 12 to 24 beer every week or two would do that. Yeah, i'm very sociable...plus bbq season hit around the same time.

As for competing for the attention of the ladies...with the ratio of women to men in here, i don't think it's necessary to compete! Just kidding...I hope it's not too early to bring back my sense of humor...

Debbie24
01-07-2008, 10:44 PM
Heather - you are too cute. I knew there were things that make you stall, for me thats peanut butter, lean cuisine, v8 fusion, juice, pineapple & i'm sure lots more. LOL. It is alot to think about but you do have to think about what you are eating and how it affects your body, everyone is different. DH & I try not to have the same things every day and if we do have some things 2 days in a row we try to have it at different times. You always got to keep your body guessing because once it gets accustomed to a routine it just gets lazy. I keep nagging at DH about the cheese everyday but he cant stand yogurt or cottage cheese and the milk is not much better so its tough getting in the dairy for him. I like yogurt but the cheese is oh so goood & getting in 2 dairy a day is tough even for me. Whenever i have something that makes me feel like i'm cheating (when i'm not) i try to stay away from it. LOL. DH tells me that i'm crazy!. Anyway i hope this new info turns things around for you and you go back to losing steadily.

glenslady - Welcome!!! Congrats on the weightloss so far, you are doing great. Congrats on the upcoming nuptials also, i'm sure you're gonna look great.

Hope everyone has a POP day tomorrow.

Nighty night!!

Repo girl
01-07-2008, 10:48 PM
Whohoooo Feclicia! Good answer. My 5 y/o DD had a horrible fit today because I would not let her sit in my bed and dip bread in blue cheese dressing for a snack. I know, what a big meanie I am.

Tuesday Cool
01-07-2008, 11:26 PM
Lettie, not starving to death just overwhelmingly obsessed with food! Darn hormones just leave us in peace! Remember my nefarious visit to McDonald's huddled in an empty parking lot where I scarfed a cheeseburger and fries tossing the evidence in the garbage before I went home? That was PMS! I am still learning how to deal with that sensation where you cannot get full no matter what you eat. Most days are fine but that one week is heck. I end up feeling weak and powerless.

bradleys mom
01-07-2008, 11:31 PM
Tuesday... I feel your pain. I almost cry when I know TOM is on the way. Those weird impulses... Makes a good loss go to waste!

MTdebster921
01-08-2008, 12:04 AM
Got some exercise in and then got some housework done. It's amazing what I can do when DH is out of town for a few days. He was driving me crazy with all his questions about what he could eat on the road. I fixed him up a cooler with all kinds of veggies, fruits, nuts, FF tuna lunchables and lots of water bottles. Now is that love or what?!?!?!

Dionne & Nicole- I hope the DD's are getting better after the ER visits.

Kelly- Welcome to the group

Michie- Congrats on the loss. I hope you are feeling better. I submitted my weight today too, because if I don't I would forget and then get myself kicked out before the challenge even started, so I don't think it's cheating at all.

Jillian- I'm glad you made it safe and sound to SD, and I am glad you checked in. Love your new avatar pic.

Kristen- HHMMMMM, makes me think sometimes not being able to have children and just having the furkids might have been the easier way to go. Ok, easier, but maybe not better, won't go there though.

Heather, that list sounds like what I got told when I first joined. One of the counselors wrote all over my book what was limited. It kind of goes off the old LAWL before the Free to live program. It was a lot more strict. I don't even know if I still have that book, but I remember that cottage cheese, beans, white potatoes, salmon, bananas, bagels & english muffins were on there. Beef was no more that 3 times a week and not two days in a row. Don't eat beef or pork with potatoes in the same meal. Pork was only once a week. Any of that on the list she gave you?

Jason- Welcome back. I bet Dan will be happy not to be the only guy in this hen house again. Yea, 12 to 24 beers a week could probably be a potentional problem when you are trying to lose weight. It'll help having your wife do it with you. My DH loves it, he doesn't really have to think about it cuz I am fixing all his food for him. What kind of sucker am I???

Glenslady- Welcome to the group and congrats on the wedding. I bet you are getting excited huh?

:wave: to everybody else I missed. Have a great night and a POP day tomorrow.

amylou7777
01-08-2008, 01:10 AM
WHEW! I actually got through all the posts! Even though it' time consuming I prefer the busy boards to the ghost town we had here over the holidays!

So today was first day of classes (my last semester of law school!!) went pretty well. I'm still feeling pretty lousy, my head is in a fog! I do SO much better at work/school with eating. Although I did forget to pack dinner (still getting used to the new schedule) But managed to get to a subway to I could stay POP. I keep wanting to revert back to my red plan now that I've started purple. It's SO engrained in my mind at this point.

Heather- I'm so glad you got the info you needed. I'd love to see the list she gave you. I'm still on the colored plan, but it's always nice to be reminded of the foods we should be staying away from even though they are legal. I was officially addicted to low fat PB, had to have it everyday in my lite shake, but am finally over that! And guess what, I started losing!

Jillian! So glad to hear you made it safely. I'm sure you will feel lonesome for a while. It always takes time to get used to living somewhere, even if you've lived there before. Keep us posted!

For all the PMS victims- I hear ya. But Tues-don't let me find you hovered over a quarter pounder in an abandoned parking lot again! One thing I haven't succumbed to is fast food- stay strong!

And like Felicia says- try not to eat the paint off the walls!

Nicole-hope all is well with you!

Angie- Kimberly and I both have TBL2 workout DVD- I absolutely love it (haven't turned it on in a while...but that's another story). I haven't tried any of the others but I imagine they are great as well.

Deb- That's awesome that DH is on board with you. Congrats on a productive day!

Katy- hope you feel better soon! And I hope you make it to the potty! ;)

A big hug to everyone I missed! Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Heather115
01-08-2008, 08:08 AM
Deb - I do believe this list must have been from the "old" plan. The more I looked at it last night, the more I wondered though why it's not included in the new plan. Some is,but not in nearly the clear way it is on this piece of paper. I'm just glad I know it now!

AmyLou - RF pnut butter was another thing my counselor mentioned. I love it and sometimes switched it up with the egg and cheese on the english muffin. At this point I'll give up about anything to get the scale to really move. It doesn't count when it's the same one or two pounds over and over!

I do wonder about those lite english muffins vs. lite bread though. I wrote down the nutrition info of each this morning and while there are some differences, they don't seem drastic. Maybe one of you more experienced folks can clear this up for me.

Lite Wheat Bread: Serving Size 2 slices, Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0g, Sodium 240mg, Carbohydrates 20g, Fiber 4g,
Sugars 3g, Protein 5g

Lite Wheat English Muffin: Serving Size 1 muffin, Fat 1g, Cholesterol 0g, Sodium 190mg, Carbohydrates 24g, Fiber 8g,
Sugars >1g, Protein 5g

To summarize, the english muffin has 20 more calories, 1 more gram of fat, 4 more carbs, but those carbs are cancelled out by the extra 4 grams of fiber. It also has 50mg less sodium than the bread. I'm not trying to make a case for eating the english muffin, just trying to understand why it makes such a difference.

Thanks for the input everybody!

Tuesday Cool
01-08-2008, 08:52 AM
I have not even wanted fast food since that night. Not one urge. I think the guilt drove the want from within.
Not that I don't have my food issues. Can you say bread? With butter? Pasta? Carbs, carbs, carbs..... I sit on a monument built by carbs!
Great veggie recipe:
Steam carrots till just soft, toss in a skillet with Pam and curry powder (to taste) toss to coat and serve. they are even good cold.
I have been using curry powder to keep my food interesting. Great with bulgar!

MomOfThreeTeens
01-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Good morning everybody!

WOW!!!
Lots of new people joining the group,:dancer::wel3fc::welcome::welcome2:

This is the busiest I've seen the boards in a while! Nice to see all the chatter!

Heather-I got to see Krystal yesterday too! I dont usually go in the afternoon but I got brave LOL I gained .4 but I considered that a victory since I usually WI in the mornings before I've had anything to eat or drink! Soooo maybe that means my next WI will show a loss!

TO during PMS/TOM- I've done it on purpose before to keep myself under control. I tend to want to eat whatever I can get my hands on during that time so I found that it helps keep me focused! Not always but occasionally it actually works! LOL

I've never understood the differences in what counts as a starch. Theres such a huge difference in the amount of calories in some of our choices.

Jason!!! Welcome back!!! Now back away from the beer! LOL

Everybody have an absolutely amazing day!!!

Katy66
01-08-2008, 09:07 AM
Good Tuesday Morning! Well I'm feeling some better, not great but better. FF went okay yesterday but I'm ready for it to be over. I was fixing my DDs breakfast this morning......WW Toast, Yogurt and Grapes and I would have just about died to have munched a grape but instead I ate my eggs (I hate eggs by the way so) Oh well I'll get some fruit tomorrow:)

Barb - Yes I would love to just sleep and I'm so crabby I bet my family would prefer that I did:)

Katie - My 5 yr old DD loves Hannah Montana too but she is more into High School Musical so that is what I "take away"

Felicia - I've used the "not your friend, your mother" all the time.

Deb - Thanks for the plan information and the offer of recipes. I PMd you with my email address

Hi Jason, welcome back.

Jillian - love the new avatar

Heather - great info to share on what slows us down with weightloss. I know I've seen a lot of the experts on here get on their soap box about variety and I think what you've learned really supports that.

Dan - Thanks for the info on Disney. We were actually thinking of using AAA.

Welcome Glenslady!

Hi Angie, Kristen, Nicole, AmyLou, Amy2, and anyone else I've missed. Have a great day! Wish me look on day too of FF.

smjezzy
01-08-2008, 09:17 AM
Good morning all. Well I made it one whole day being POP. Woohoo! Let's try for 2. The English Muffin issue is bothering me a little. I don't have the nutritional info here but I've been eating the 100 cal thompsons english muffins and I had assumed they were not included on the "consume infrequently" list since they were 100 cals. Is that not correct? I'm curious to know the difference in those and the "lite" english muffins.

Oh and Hi to everyone.

emmysmom
01-08-2008, 09:23 AM
Phew...you all are wearing me out:) It's nice to see these boards picking back up again now that the holidays are over.

You are all making me laugh this morning! The kids stories are just too funny! My DD is too wise for her age, too. I asked her the other day "what are you going to be like when you're 15 because you already act like you are 15"...she said "I'll be bigger like you, mommy. And I'm going to marry you and have a baby in my belly and name her Emily. But I want to dance and then daddy won't have anyone to dance with. So we'll all have to get married together, okay?" (sorry I asked?!) But I also get the "you're not my friend" and "you're not being very nice to me"...and all the time saying "it's not nice calling me names". Now keep in mind that I don't call her names...that is just her response to me telling her to do something that she doesn't want to do. It's scary that at almost-4, I already have to try and stay one step ahead of her. I can go on and on with these stories...

Angie - I did TBL workout dvd last night. I got it at Kmart for $7.99...I just couldn't pass that up. It's the sculpting DVD. It was very good. I haven't been able to work out in a while (well, I guess I could have) because of my broken toe. This was a good workout...using weights and a little yoga...pretty much hit every area of my body. I'm feeling it today. So I figure I'll do this dvd which is a 6-week challenge type thingy and when my toe heals, I want to buy TBL cardio. I just love the trainers...that's enough to keep me motivated!

To my fellow biggest loser fanatics...on New year's day there was a Biggest Loser-Australia marathon on so I DVR'd it. Now I have lots of episodes to watch in addition to the new one that's on now. It really helps me stay on track watching them.

Ok...better get back to work. I'm still covering for 2 people. I have 2 people coming in for interviews this afternoon to fill the one open position, so keep your fingers crossed that I'll find someone so that my workload will ease up a bit!

And Dan...Bucko??? Reminds me of Happy Days...too funny!!!

Kimphin
01-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Tina - what channel was the australia version of TBL on? I wish I had seen it and TiVo'd it. We were away last week and I forgot to set up TiVo to record TBL couples, so I missed the first episode. I'm in for tonight, though!

On the subject of PMS - I've become much more aware of what feelings I experience during it since starting LAWL. It's weird, but I will be having these awful thoughts (along the lines of "Why does DH keep TALKING? When will he shut up!") and weird food cravings - way before any physical symptoms. It's kind of interesting how in tune you become with your body when you are on a plan like this. To all of you experiencing PMS this week - hang in there, and don't let the car pull into any drive thru's!

Jason - Long may your jib draw me ol' cocky! Although since you are no longer in Newfoundland, I guess you don't hear that as much, huh? Welcome back!

Welcome glenslady!

Hi to the rest of you guys. Have a POP day. (I'd do more personals, but I'm at work... )

KrispieD
01-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Welcome Glenslady!

JASON.. Welcome back! Dan need help monitoring sodium and estrogen on these boards.. I was actually in Kingston over new years and asked the city to rid themselves of cheap wings.. so glad my plan is working.. no thanks required!

Hope you all have a good day. DD went to bed without a fight last night but got into it with daddy the second he opened her door this am. I gave her a ball with four little balls in it and told her each time she says something mean or is rude I'll take a ball out. When all four balls are gone I take away a toy or something in her room.. oh yeah and then I go get me a blizzard!!

Just kidding.. scale is moving, flylady is kicking my butt and I'm off to see about a gym membership!

Happy POP day everyone
xo

sscott
01-08-2008, 10:01 AM
Wow, I can't keep up with all of you. I am sitting in my advisory period and Tuesdays are study days so I don't do a lot of teaching. Any way, while the kids are studying I was catching up on the posts and I LOL a couple of times at you guys. I think my students think I am crazy (well, they are 7th graders so they think all adults are crazy :) )

I did it, I stayed POP all day yesterday! Whew! I haven't done that in awhile and it felt great!!! Heres to another day!

Class is almost over so I have no time for personals...sorry! Have a great day!

chiquita623
01-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Good Tuesday Morning Everyone. Just checking in - not much to report. We certainly are full of the gab since the holidays are over. That's not such a bad thing - it means we are making time for ourselves. Hope everyone had a POP day.

Welcome to all the newbies and to all the "oldbies" that are returning. I don't have time for personals right now - it's retiree's day here at the office so there's lots of people milling around and asking questions that hopefully I have the answer to.

I'll be back later today.

Dan2112
01-08-2008, 10:12 AM
No worries about the personals Stacy.. I rarely do them en masse either... The whole point is to be here for support. The extra chit chat is just icing, or at least something to catch up on when you get a break...

I've been amazingly unbusy at the office.. It's a slow time of the year and we still have a few people on vacation.. So I've decided that it's time to decluttler the desk.. It's a disaster area right now.. Yesterday I took my pile of accumulated business cards and actually put them in my nearly empty rolodex. I've got piles of old files from the person who held this job for 25 years before I got here and I honestly have not idea what to do with them... It's almost too much to even start looking at... I probably need to start scanning the important stuff.. GOD - PLEASE SEND ME AN INTERN!!

OK.. Enough grousing.. Sorry... Go out there and have a POP day, y'all!

ChocLabLover
01-08-2008, 10:23 AM
Morning folks! Second day back OP. They have changed up the program so I am not used to having so many Dairys and Starches (:o)

Work is getting busy again so I may lurk more at the moment. Everyone have a great day, I am off to weigh in tonight.

Heather115
01-08-2008, 10:23 AM
The English Muffin issue is bothering me a little. I don't have the nutritional info here but I've been eating the 100 cal thompsons english muffins and I had assumed they were not included on the "consume infrequently" list since they were 100 cals. Is that not correct? I'm curious to know the difference in those and the "lite" english muffins.

That's what I've been eating - the 100 calorie Thomas' Multigrain English Muffins. The list I'm looking at just says English Muffin and I know regular white English Muffins are on the "Consume Infrequently" list - I wonder if this Excell thing I got last night is referring to those rather than the whole grain ones on the regular list. Whatever the case, I think variety is the key as Katy mentioned so I'll be changing up my breakfast habits a bit.

Dan2112
01-08-2008, 10:24 AM
The up side is that since last year I moved to Kingston and they don't have 9 cent wings anywhere here. Plus, as of yet we don't do wing nights! As for the beer, i have about 7 or 8 left in the fridge...once they're gone, I'll switch back to bacardi and diet coke. I noticed that i started to gain most of my weight back last year when i started drinking beer again! I guess 12 to 24 beer every week or two would do that. Yeah, i'm very sociable...plus bbq season hit around the same time.

As for competing for the attention of the ladies...with the ratio of women to men in here, i don't think it's necessary to compete! Just kidding...I hope it's not too early to bring back my sense of humor...

:lol: No worries.. It's been weird being the only guy around here for a while.. Somewhere along the line Michael just disappeared...

I miss wings.. Liz and I used to love to go to Hooters.. I dared to have one, okay two wings while we were in Roswell visiting Liz's parents for Christmas.. Damn they were good!! As for beer, you can still have 'em, just not as many and you have to plan your exchanges for them.. Unless of course, they're a trigger food and one or two isn't enough (like me and chips, unfortunately)...

Dan2112
01-08-2008, 10:29 AM
That's what I've been eating - the 100 calorie Thomas' Multigrain English Muffins. The list I'm looking at just says English Muffin and I know regular white English Muffins are on the "Consume Infrequently" list - I wonder if this Excell thing I got last night is referring to those rather than the whole grain ones on the regular list. Whatever the case, I think variety is the key as Katy mentioned so I'll be changing up my breakfast habits a bit.

Exactly right.. you've got to change it around if only to give your taste buds a break.. There's been some back and forth about whether or not it's important to shake up your meal selections and whether or not your body [I]really[I] gets used to the foods you eat.. I happen to think it does...

We ate the 100 calorie muffins for a while, but since I started maintenance, I've been eating the Sara Lee Lite.. they're only 110 calories.. I'm sure they're higher in fat and sodium, but if I only eat a couple a week, I think I'm ok..

A while back, the LAWL On-Line dieticians said it was ok to count the 100-calorie Thomas brand as 1 starch, rather than two (causing much rejoicing in my household), but our COD counselors were hesitant to sign off on that...

Mama Nicole
01-08-2008, 10:38 AM
Oh, crap, you guys.......I just can't keep up!!!! I do HAVE to say though, Kim(phin).........I SOOOOOOO missed you!!!! I about fell on the floor when you mentioned, "why does DH keep talking...." Good times, good times. And Kristen.........sooo sorry DD is being such a pill. My Emily (now 17) was always a pill.......and she still is. More on that subject another day. The good thing is......each kid is different, and 12 yo DD is NOT a pill very often. Keep kissing her............it will get better :) I know you already know this...but the less you and DH talk, the more she will hear :) So easy to advise.........SOOOOOOOOO difficult to do. I argue with my demon child all the time........but I try real hard not to. Also, I have decided my one weakness as a mother is crying. I would do just about anything so they won't cry.......and that is just stupid. But it feels like it physically hurts me sometimes when they cry......even if they are just bratty crying. I had this revelation about 6 months ago. It is good that I am aware of it now, but it doesn't always make me much stronger. Hang in there girl!!!

Hello to all of my other friends. I will take some time this afternoon for more personals :)
XOXO

Lynx
01-08-2008, 10:46 AM
A while back, the LAWL On-Line dieticians said it was ok to count the 100-calorie Thomas brand as 1 starch, rather than two (causing much rejoicing in my household), but our COD counselors were hesitant to sign off on that...

For me, I count the Thomas lite English muffins as 2 starches. I take the conservative approach. I have one maybe once a week, but then I go low with my other starch of the day (1 get 3) and have oatmeal. So oatmeal for breakfast starch, Thomas lite (2) for lunch and just protein and veggies for dinner. I make sure I use up my starches by lunch or mid afternoon. Rarely, will I do starches at dinner and that is only on holidays if we are eating our big meal at dinner time. I use up my fruits by mid afternoon too. I pack most of my calories in the morning and at lunch and it is down hill calorie wise for the rest of the day. It works well for me. I am a morning person. If I worked late or had school in the evening, I could not plan my food intake like I do.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 62.5 lbs.

Kimphin
01-08-2008, 11:05 AM
Lynn - I do the same thing, and consume all of my starches and fruits by 3pm. A counselor gave me that tip a while back and it really helped. And, I am by no means considered a morning person! (not even close! I may not even be a noon person.)

Nicole - it's nice to be missed. And I truly believe that he talks a lot more that one week per month. At least it seems that way!

Joni135
01-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Welcome back to Jason and Welcome Glenslady.
Yes, a chatty bunch indeed!
Kristen - love the new picture of the "angels" - I, too, like Barbara's idea of video taping exceptional behavior! LOL.
and Felicia - at the expense of your daughter, I had my chuckle for the day and I like your comeback lines! Sometimes you just have to do and say what you have to do and say!

Jillian - just for you (although I'm sure you've seen it!)

Subject: Irish Coffee

An Irish woman of advanced age visited her physician to ask his advice in reviving her husband's libido.

"What about trying Viagra?" asked the doctor.

"Not a chance", she said. "He won't even take an aspirin."

"Not a problem," replied the doctor. "Give him an 'Irish Viagra'. It's when you drop the Viagra tablet into his coffee. He won't even taste it. Give it a try and call me in a week to let me know how things went."

It wasn't a week later when she called the doctor, who directly inquired as to her progress. The poor dear exclaimed, "Oh, faith, bejaysus and begorrah! T'was horrid! Just terrible, doctor!"

"Really? What happened?" asked the doctor.

"Well, I did as you advised and slipped it in his coffee and the effect was almost immediate. He jumped straight up, with a twinkle in his eye and with his pants a-bulging fiercely! With one swoop of his arm, he sent me cups and tablecloth flying, ripped me clothes to tatters and took me then and there passionately on the tabletop! It was a nightmare, I tell you, an absolute nightmare!"

"Why so terrible?" asked the doctor, "Do you mean the sex your husband provided wasn't good?"

"Twas the best sex I've had in 25 years! But sure as I'm sittin here, I'll never be able to show me face in Starbucks again.

Debbie24
01-08-2008, 11:14 AM
Nicole - my weakness when it comes to my kids is crying also. I hate to hear them cry, especially the baby who cries the most. I just have to go pick him up as soon as he starts and then of course i get a big smile which makes it all woth it.

Question for all - what do you guys do for your dairy & fats? I have to have 2 dairy a day and i know having cheese everyday is just not good even tho its 2%. I try to have only 1oz = 1/2 dairy a day & get the rest of the diary in another way but i'm still curious. I also have a hard time with fat and eating nuts everyday is no good either. I'm planning to start counting the little oil i use when cooking as my fat, thats what i should be doing right?

Debbie24
01-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Joni - OMG hilarous, i cant stop laughing.

Lynn - About getting in all the starches before dinner. I would love to do that but how would i go about getting in 4 starches before dinner?? I have rice & chicken almost every night with a different veggie. I have dinner at about 7-7:30pm and i dont go to bed until 12am or so, i should be ok right? Its so tough getting in all my foods since i have so much & i'm running after 3 kids all day (which leaves little time for food). I'm always left with a fruit or veggie for after dinner or sometimes also a dairy.

amylou7777
01-08-2008, 11:35 AM
8 pages by Tues morning!!! I love it!

Joni- that is too funny! I love the typed out Irish accent!

I'm getting a good chuckle from all the DD lines out there. I can't wait to hear what my future children come up with. I know I was a big back talker when I was around that age (right when everyone decided I would one day be a lawyer...hmmm)....my mom could go on and on!

I think we all know that eating anything day after day will most likely stall our progress. I think most CODs view the english muffins as a heavier starch just bc it's more dense. But now that they have these high fiber varieties they should be ok. We just have to remember to mix it up.

Katy- are you feeling any better?

I'm excited for TBL. Tina, I find it really motivating as well. I'm hoping that watching these people sweat their a** off willl get me back in the exercising mood.
I'm finally starting to feel better from this cold so I need to get back into a workout routine!

Alright, gotta get ready for class. It's going to be a POP Tuesday right everyone???

Mama Nicole
01-08-2008, 11:39 AM
I had to go back and read Felicia's story......and good answer my dear :) It is good to teach them to respect you....so many (as I know you know being a teacher) parents are more worried about their children liking them than they are concerned with raising them to be productive members of society.
It is sooo hard.

Jiliian.........girl, you look soooo skinny in your new avatar. What a transformation. You must feel like a million bucks in your new/old town all skinny and hot!!! WTG.....keep up the good work:)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
01-08-2008, 11:40 AM
oh, and i am on day 2 of FF also....time to eat the boiled eggs......ewwww

StevenBensMom
01-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Good Morning All...Wow it sure is hard to keep up, but great way to spend breaks at work!

Deb - Thank you so much for the cookbook - what a great amount of work...thank you again!

Kristen - One of these day (and it will be sooner than you ever think) you will look back and laugh at the antics of your DD. We have a DS that would try the patience of a Saint and we are finally seeing the light of what a wonderful, young person he is turning out to be...but boy from 1 - 10...he really put us all through our paces!

Angie - I do TBL workouts as well and I love them. They are a good workout, but don't take hours to do and you definately feel them. I have seasons 1 and 2 and love to mix them up. I also run/walk depending on the weather and it helps immensely.

Dan - We are planning a trip to Disney as well this year - in April...can't wait...I absolutely love it there and can't believe we haven't been there for so long. Last time I worked for the store and got great discounts, so now it will be back to reality!

Hello to everyone else and thank you for the warm welcomes!:)

bradleys mom
01-08-2008, 11:55 AM
WHAT TO DO? I am just at a loss... I am still not losing. Even with all the working out and being POP... Plateau maybe? Has my body gotten used to being here since I have been STUCK at 240 since October??!! I dont know what to do. I have some in store credit still at COD so I may buy TO tomorrow. and do it Thu and Fri. I am so bummed!!! Any suggestions??

pjbeau
01-08-2008, 11:58 AM
Hey, everyone!:wave:

Jillian - Love the new hairstyle!

Jason - Welcome! I've been doing LAWL without a COD for awhile now. It's a little harder because you have to take responsibility for policing yourself. No counselors to watch after you, but stick around here and we'll try to keep you in line.

Deb - You are a good wifey! It's hard when we have to manage our DH's diet, as well as our own. Last year when my DH was OP with me, I kept the food diary for both of us. He would call be during the day, so I could keep everything updated. It was the only way I could plan for dinner and know what what foods we each still needed.

Tuesday - Carbs are my biggest weakness too. It's so difficult to accept that I don't get to have them with every meal. ;)

Well, today is going well and so far I'm POP. I can usually do fine during the day...it's when I get home that I slip up. :nono:

All the kid stories are so funny...at least to me, whose kids are mostly grown now. I can't think of a story to share from my wonderful children...I must have blocked them. :lol:

Have a great day!!

amylou7777
01-08-2008, 12:00 PM
Kimberly-both of our bodies must like 240. I'm in the same boat. But I know that I have not been POP for many days in a row. We both need to have a 2 week POP challenge and I know the scale will move. No pizza, no candy, no choc....right? I think the working out makes the scale move slower at first. Keep it up for a few weeks and let's see how many POP days we can get in a row. The TO never really helps me in the long run, but maybe it's what you need to get re focused?

equinetcan
01-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Joni - that was hilarious!! I copied it and sent it on to a few of my friends to give them a laugh too!!

I don't eat starch after my snack in the afternoon as well unless I really mess up the day. My supper usually consists of protein and veggies (non starchy ones). So far so good. I am not perfect but I try. Usually at least 5 of 7 days I get that done.

Got a couple of pairs of dress pants today for work. One is a 16+ and the other a 18+. This is down from a 22-24 before. So there is progress there.

I'll check in later....

Dan2112
01-08-2008, 12:10 PM
Joni - OMG hilarous, i cant stop laughing.

Lynn - About getting in all the starches before dinner. I would love to do that but how would i go about getting in 4 starches before dinner?? I have rice & chicken almost every night with a different veggie. I have dinner at about 7-7:30pm and i dont go to bed until 12am or so, i should be ok right? Its so tough getting in all my foods since i have so much & i'm running after 3 kids all day (which leaves little time for food). I'm always left with a fruit or veggie for after dinner or sometimes also a dairy.

I agree.. Joni.. Too freakin' funny!!!

Debbie - For dairy, try the Lite and Fit yogurt smooties.. I usually have one with breakfast, no matter what else I'm eating.. Cheese is deadly, so keep it in moderation and try not to eat the processed stuff.

For starches, have a lite english muffin.. It counts as 2 starches (even though I count the 100-calorie kind as 1). The "Nature's Own Double Fiber" bread is great for sandichs and only has 50 calories a slice, so it's great for sandwiches. I would avoid having the rice so often.. You can also have a little pasta instead, but again, not all the time, especially having dinner so late.

Kimberly - Sounds like you need a "Plateau Breaker".. We had this discussion a few weeks ago, and I bet someone still has the menu around somewhere..

Joni135
01-08-2008, 12:26 PM
for Kimberly regarding getting over a plateau: (originally from LAWL). Kim - PM me if you want the really long version!

Eating frequently can help to keep metabolism active and burning through out the day. Try to split her meals into 5-6 mini meals each day, and plan each meal to contain some protein or dairy in each. You can split either—proteins must be the same if splitting. Examples of small frequent meals include nuts & raisins, yogurt & berries, celery and peanut butter, chicken with broccoli & brown rice, LA Lite & tossed salad with cheese, LA Lite powder blended with yogurt and berries, etc. This can also help you to get in all your foods, so sitting down to 3 large meals is not so overwhelming.

Make sure you are getting a variety of all foods, and not eating the same type of foods at the same times, everyday. The body gets use to burning the same types of foods, so mixing it up can help to jump start metabolism. Try including a Carb craver menu items or some new recipes from the cookbook-to add variety and introduce new foods.

Change up your eating patterns, so to have different foods or types of exchanges at different times of the day. One morning, instead of a half protein & a starch, try a dairy and a fruit (like a smoothie) or a full protein & a vegetable (such as an omelet).Or try a Carb Craver cereal item with fruit for lunch-for a change of pace.

Try using combination foods, that use more than one exchange at a time, such as Biscotti, cereal bar, DeLites, etc.-to help get in all your exchanges.
Try smaller portion sized foods, such as beef vs. chicken, cheese vs. milk, nuts verses a full serving of chicken,

Incorporate the client include some light (approved by her dr. first) activity, such as walking–to help boost her metabolism.

Limit higher sodium foods, such as frozen & restaurant meals, deli meats, canned foods, cottage cheese, etc. - to no more that 2-3 times per week total, to help control any fluid fluctuations. Also, get in at least 10-12 glasses of water, as your body will retain more if it does not get enough.

Make certain to keep a very detailed diary-weighing and measuring all foods and recording all portion sizes, including fats, beverages, condiments, as well as meal times and duration of any exercise in time spent-to review your food patterns and energy needs.

bayoubelle68
01-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Kimberly and Amy - My doctor tells me that whenever we work out hard, our bodies retain more fluid than usual in an effort to flush out the lactic acid that builds up from working out the muscles. Give it a few days. Once your body gets used to whatever you're doing, it will drop the fluid and the weight will start coming off again.

winkie03
01-08-2008, 12:38 PM
Good Morning Everyone. I hope everyone had a great weekend. Had a quick question for all of you. How many walnuts can I have to fulfill my fat serving for the day. I forgot my book at home. :)

sscott
01-08-2008, 12:47 PM
I have a question about plans. My husband is doing this with me. He is just following the same plan I am following, but I am beginning to think that he might not be getting enough food. He says he is fine and doesn't feel hungry during the day, but i wanted to get your imputs. He is 6' tall and currently weighs 285 lbs. He is doing plan 3 with lites (3 pro., 4 veg., 3 fruit, 4 starch, 2 dairy, 2 fat). Does that sound alright?

Debbie24
01-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Dan thanks for the advice. I gotta try to change things up a bit more. I need to get some of that Nature's Own Double Fiber bread so that i can do 2 starches at once without it being too bad for me. That will help me get my starches in. I do have the light and fit yougurt and smoothie so i'll use more of that and try to cut down on the cheese. DH is not a big fan of pasta so i was surprised when he said to make pasta tonight but thats what we're having with some ground turkey and homemade tomoato sauce. Shouldnt be too bad and i bought some of the whole wheat pasta also. I'm going to let him know that we need to cut down on the starches at night, he wont be too happy but if it works then thats what we must do!

Lynx
01-08-2008, 12:50 PM
Question for all - what do you guys do for your dairy & fats? I have to have 2 dairy a day and i know having cheese everyday is just not good even tho its 2%. I try to have only 1oz = 1/2 dairy a day & get the rest of the diary in another way but i'm still curious. I also have a hard time with fat and eating nuts everyday is no good either. I'm planning to start counting the little oil i use when cooking as my fat, thats what i should be doing right?

Debbie,
I am a Dannon and lite and fit freak. I love the vanilla and 1 cup is 80 calories. Low fat yogurt is almost always my dairy. It is my number 1 weight loss food this time around. I team the yogurt up with a fruit and then fiber one cereal. I know that there are many others who do the same and love it. It is a wonderful snack. Uses up a fruit, dairy and a starch.

Even though I am from Wisconsin, I must be careful of cheese. I do use skim string cheese once in a while. I have just found that cheese is harder for my body to digest and slows my weight loss. I also use ff shredded cheese occasionally as a topping.
For my 2 fats, I use almonds. Love them too. They are so healthy for us.
Dan is right. Be careful of the rice everyday. What about a 1/2 sweet potato?

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 62.5 lbs.

Lynx
01-08-2008, 12:55 PM
Dan thanks for the advice. I gotta try to change things up a bit more. I need to get some of that Nature's Own Double Fiber bread so that i can do 2 starches at once without it being too bad for me. That will help me get my starches in. I do have the light and fit yougurt and smoothie so i'll use more of that and try to cut down on the cheese. DH is not a big fan of pasta so i was surprised when he said to make pasta tonight but thats what we're having with some ground turkey and homemade tomoato sauce. Shouldnt be too bad and i bought some of the whole wheat pasta also. I'm going to let him know that we need to cut down on the starches at night, he wont be too happy but if it works then thats what we must do!

Hi Debbie again,
I think that your DH may be ok with the starches in the evening because as you know men lose easier than we do. You will just have to play it by ear with him.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 62.5 lbs.

Debbie24
01-08-2008, 12:56 PM
sorry to double post.

Speaking of kids my 4yr old has been driving me nuts. Lots of loud noise and running around in the morning, it doesnt usually start until about 4pm or so. He's usually such a good kid but i think he's beginning to get bored. Today i started doing some worksheets with him just to keep him busy but i'm glad we finally got started, i dont want him being the dumbest kid in class when he starts voluntary preschool this year.

All the kid stories are making me LOL, my boys dont really talk back so no "you're not my mommy", or "i don't like you" stories yet but i'm sure i'll be hearing them soon.

bradleys mom
01-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Thanks for all the info guys! I really appreciate it!

Angie
01-08-2008, 01:35 PM
My 5 y/o DD had a horrible fit today because I would not let her sit in my bed and dip bread in blue cheese dressing for a snack. I know, what a big meanie I am.

Katie -- That reminds me of a question I wanted to ask. I was wondering if anyone here eats in bed? My mom ALWAYS has a snack in bed at night while she's reading her book. Usually it's either an apple or potato chips (what a difference between the two!) and it really struck me as odd at some point. I never let Cameron take food in the bedroom. Maybe because of my mom's habit, and maybe partly because I think if there are crumbs and such in there, then it might attract bugs?? I dunno. Just wondered if anyone else does this, or if anyone else is weird about it like i am?

Tuesday -- My pre TOM week has been killer lately. I blame it for a large portion of my weight gain since I left. I have had powerful cravings for chocolate-ish stuff, and indulged them. I just restarted after my last TOM, so I'll have a few weeks to get prepared for this months round.

Tuesday... I feel your pain. I almost cry when I know TOM is on the way. Those weird impulses... Makes a good loss go to waste!

Or go to waist?

Kimberly -- Sorry! hee! couldn't resist a bad pun, hope nobody else made it first. What plan are you on now? Could it be time to move down a plan? Maybe if you post on the daily menu thread for a couple of days we could make some suggestions for changes? I stalled and plateaued at around -29lbs...could never quite make the 30lb loss mark, so I know how you feel.

Deb -- I find it easier to clean when my DH is out too. I wonder why that is?

Amy -- Thank you for the recommendation on the DVD -- I'll have to pick one up this weekend.

Tina -- Thanks for the feedback on the DVD too, that's great to know. I think our Walmart has them on sale. Your daughter is too funny, I love her marriage proposal. Sometimes I tell Cameron "When you were a teensy little baby, you live in Momma's belly," and he responds in a teeny cute voice "Yes! And when YOU were a little teensy baby you live in my belly too!" lol

Kristen -- I love the ball idea. Do your girls still take naps? I was thinking of asking Cameron's daycare to cut out his weekday naps. I've been skipping them (on quiet days) on the weekends and he goes to bed soooo much easier that way.

Debbie24 -- I do LF cheese or yogurt for dairy usually, although I do want to try to switch it up to skim milk now and then. I think the rule about starches is to try to have them around 5 hours before you go to bed..something like that. It totally depends on when your day starts/ends.

Nicole -- Boiled eggs? Yuck. Poor you. Just a few more hours and you can eat something totally yummy and on plan.

Kelly -- I just got a treadmill before Christmas, so I want to do some walking and then do some strength training or yoga using DVDs. Thanks for your thoughts on the dvd too!

chiquita623
01-08-2008, 01:41 PM
DBF and I are going to get an eliptical soon. Does anyone have one or have you used one you really liked over another? I'm just trying to get some ideas as to what I should be looking for when it's time to go shopping for one.

Thanks.

BarbaraB
01-08-2008, 01:47 PM
Stacy, You teach 7th grade.... That seems so hard. My sister does substitute teaching and she was in an 8th grade class and misprounced some poor girl with the unfortunate name of Regina when she was calling role and the boys could not get over that for the rest of the class. My sister felt so bad to have caused that poor girl so much grief, as I don't think those boys are going to let that go until about 10th grade.

I am every day feeling a bit thinner and healthier.

Well, I know it is good advice and a good grain of truth that if you go with lighter choices you will have a lower calorie count and that may bring on lower weight losses... as long as you don't go into starvation mode. My body seems to LOVE to turn off the furnance. I've actually measured my temperature. Last time I tried the gold plan... 95 degrees. No wonder I felt so cold. I was cold. I was NOT burning very many calories. So of course I lost nothing. I just was starving and miserable and had no results... So if you are feeling cold and tired and have recently upped your exercise or cut your calories in some way... well you could just be shooting yourself in the foot. Now some people it takes a LOT to trigger that starvation response. For some unlucky souls it does not take much at all (I am in the group that it doesn't take much). I do think this has a lot to do with why I had trouble with diets in the past. The eating more often worked well since it helps to keep this metabolism turn off mechanism from triggering. So I was actually able to lose more than I had been in many years of suffering through another 1200 calorie a day diet that was so hard for me to stick to.

Anyway, if you have tried cutting lower and it did not work for you, try going a bit on the high side for a few days and see if that works for you. You have to find that sweet spot where your metabolism is burning the calories, but you still are eating few enough to lose. It is a very individual thing and can be a hard target to hit consistently.

bradleys mom
01-08-2008, 02:12 PM
LOL Angie, nice one! It is definitely going to my waist! I actually just moved down to Plan 4 right before I stalled. Maybe I should go back up to 5?

I will do more personals later or tomorrow. I gotta go take a shower and get ready for my first class tonight.

Debbie24
01-08-2008, 02:13 PM
Lynn i will take yours and Dans advice and chance things a bit and see how it affects me. Thanks.

Dan2112
01-08-2008, 02:16 PM
Good Morning All...Wow it sure is hard to keep up, but great way to spend breaks at work!

Dan - We are planning a trip to Disney as well this year - in April...can't wait...I absolutely love it there and can't believe we haven't been there for so long. Last time I worked for the store and got great discounts, so now it will be back to reality!

Yeah, it sure takes a bite out of the wallet, that's for sure.. The nice thing is that by saving up for it, we're not putting any of the trip on credit. Last time we were there, I was sitting around the pool looking at other people and had to wonder how many of them had maxed out their cards just to be there..

Last time around, pre-diet, we just ate wherever we wanted.. This time has been interesting finding restaurants that have better choices.. What a hassle! :lol:

Katy66
01-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Good afternoon........went to the MD over lunch and got absolutely no help! He told me it was viral and would take another 7-10 days to recover. Said the only thing that would help is steroids and he wasn't ready to give me any yet, which is okay by me since they make you retain water like crazy! Oh well I've suffered a week now so what is one more.

Nicole - I choked my eggs down this morning, have to get it over with or it will never happen:)

AmyLou - Guess my "intro" answered your question about how I'm feeling.

Oh and can't remember who said it but regarding TOM.... my DH is so quiet but I find myself always thinking "why the h*&# is he talking so much?"

Debbie24 - I love the WW pasta. For me it has such a better flavor.

Angie - No food in the bedrooms here and yes it does cause some issues with my DD. I will let her take a drink in there though.

Well better run and get to work. I'll check in later

BarbaraB
01-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Angie, If you dropped down a plan and started working out at the same time, maybe you do need to go back up...

Laurie, I have an elliptical at home. It is a Nordic Track. We had some problems with it at first and had to have them bring a second new one to us, but it has been good since we got the second one. Many brands are actually made by the same company and they just put different names on them... The good thing about the elliptical is that it is lower impact. I had problems with my feet (ended up with a stress fracture) when I started on the tread mill. Now if I had not started trying to run when I was so heavy and past 40, perhaps that might not have happened, but it did and it was a major setback on my weight loss journey. Anyway, you can burn a TON of calories on the elliptical... and it does not seem so hard to do.

krjpy
01-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Hey,

I have a friend who sees the orthopedic surgeon for the Washington Redskins, and she said that he told her that the elliptical was the biggest bang for the lowest impact (i.e. not as bad on your joints as a treadmill, which he recommends staying away from).

I have a Nodictrack Elite. Got it from Costco. We had a hard time finding on that both my DH and I liked. Since he is 6'2" and I am 5'5" that wasn't too suprising.

I also use a Lifecycle Elliptical (which has a more up-down type stride) when I go to my DS's indoor soccer practices.

I like them both, but they are very different. I suggest trying as many of them as you can to find the one that works the best with your stride and your budget (we didn't get a Lifecycle because all the Lifecycles I really liked I couldn't afford :^:)

I also have a recumbant bike for those days when I am just dragging and the Elliptical is going to kill me. I generally use it after the Elliptical as a cool down for 25 minutes, or in cases like lately when I have been sick, as a getting started back to working out machine. Doesn't burn as much calories, but still gives me a good workout and I can sit and watch TV in the basement for an hour and ride (like I will be doing tonight during The Biggest Loser).

Good Luck!

bayoubelle68
01-08-2008, 03:50 PM
Most of you won't have this issue at all with an eliptical, but if you're over 300 pounds, be sure that you buy an eliptical that is rated for your weight. DH and I were planning to buy one, but until now we would have needed one rated for over 300 pounds - and they cost a good bit more. We are now at a place where we can buy one of the ones that is rated for less than 300 pounds - and they're still not cheap!

Heather115
01-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Oh and can't remember who said it but regarding TOM.... my DH is so quiet but I find myself always thinking "why the h*&# is he talking so much?"

I love this board! I can always find something I can relate to - even my out-of-this-world impatience with DH during TOM. That's usually my first sign that it's almost time. I normally just let things go when he irritates me, but during PMS, I'm itching for a fight. Doesn't matter what it's about or even if it's worth it - I can go from sweetie to witch in 2.5! I find myself thinking "did I just say that?!" After 16+ years, he still hasn't put the two together so we end up in a knockdown drag-out for a few minutes until it dawns on us both. Bad news for him - we've got a hormonal 14yo DD and a 10 yo DD who's still blissfully ignorant of what the future holds. When DD is PMSing, I try to intercede for her with him, but he insists she can control it. I beg to differ... It's not an excuse to act up, but sometimes you do find yourself doing and saying things without any forethought that surprise even you! It's bizarre when you really think about it!

On a good note, I have found when I'm POP and getting in my calcium and water, my PMS and TOM are both milder-cravings, cramps, attitude, everything. The symptoms and the scale both react favorably. Yet another reason to stick with this, huh?!

Sorry, Dan and Jason. Probably TMI, but you should thank us for this education you're getting - your wives will appreciate your new-found sensitivity! :)

Mama Nicole
01-08-2008, 04:07 PM
I am POP........I am POP..........****, I am a POPstar!!! WHOOHOOO. This feels sooo good!!!

Joni135
01-08-2008, 04:22 PM
Hi Evette...in answer to your question, I am looking at a LAWL doc that says 4 walnut halves = 1 fat.

1 ounce of nuts is also equal to 1 Vegetarian protein.

Nicole - POPStar - I like that!

bradleys mom
01-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Go Nicole! I am rockin' with ya!

Jrny2aNewMe
01-08-2008, 04:59 PM
Wow, 6 pages to read through since I was here yesterday! Now, I hardly have time to post.

Day 3 POP - woohoo! Maybe I should join up with Nicole and the POP'ers and we can form a POP band!

I just got a call from DD - we have just entered a new level in her life, making mine even scarier. She went to write her advanced driver's license today, and passed, so that means she is no longer under the graduated driver's license, which means she can have a drink or two and then drive! Eek! It's nice that I don't have to interrupt my sleep in the middle of the night to go pick her up, but on the other hand this reaches a whole new level of scariness!

Well, after it taking so long to catch up on the reading here - I must run and get some work done. We have a new Director of Operations at our company and he is driving me nuts wanting various statistics pulled out of our database show all sorts of things nobody has ever thought about or worried about before!

BarbaraB
01-08-2008, 05:12 PM
Felicia, I believe a lot of tread mills have the same sort of weight limitations.

We bought the elliptical that we did because it had an adjustable ramp, so you can change the steepness of the strides. As I get more fit, I am setting the incline higher to get a better workout. At first I wondered why I had bothered since the lowest setting and the least resistence were exhausting me in no time... Anyway, I'm glad I paid for the extended warranty, since it broke quickly. Although dragging the thing up and down the stairs was somewhat of a nightmare(it is in the basement in front of the big screen TV for exercising during things such as the biggest loser). I had bought the extended warranty since I wore out a tread mill and they let my husband purchase the extended warranty after the fact and sent us a new one.

AJinTN
01-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Hi All!

I was here with you all for a short time last summer. Did well on the plan then gained it all back when I started traveling for work again in the fall. Anyways, I lost, I gained back, blah blah blah. I won't bother you with the details, the point is that I started back on the first of the year and am doing well so far. My DH is dieting with me (not really following the plan like I am, but he's eating what I eat on nights and weekends, so he's losing too) and it's really helping me stay motivated. He's really only got about 10-15lbs to lose, but I think we all know how much better it feels when you're eating right.

I've been lurking here again since I started back on the 1st, but all the talk about TBL tonight made me want to post an interesting encounter I had after Christmas:

I was stuck at the airport in Chicago on 12/29 waiting to come back to Nashville, and I was sitting in the bar next to Dan who is the son of the Mother/Son team on the couples TBL. The show didn't start until last week, so I didn't think anything of him when I first sat down until we started discussing where we were traveling. He said he was on his way back to LA after a week-long Christmas break and that the show was still taping. I didn't get a chance to really 'pick his brain' because after he said who he was everyone wanted to talk to him. They say that the camera makes everyone look heavier, so I don't know how far he has (will) come on the show, but I can tell you he looked quite a bit heavier to me when I saw him last week on the show. It's strange to meet someone fairly slim, and then see them on TV a week later when they were much heavier. Anyways, nothing really exciting, but he was a nice guy so I'm rooting for him. Of course since I'm from Chicago I would have been rooting for him anyways, but I thought it was interesting.

Have a great night and I'm glad to be back on track and back keeping up with you guys.

Joni135
01-08-2008, 09:32 PM
AJ - I'm taping TBL Couples Show right now. Will watch it in the morning. That's cool that you ran into Dan (not OUR Dan, but the TBL Dan).

Geez - it sure is quiet right now. Guess everyone is watching TBL. Oh well, i've got some more work to do and off to bed. Need my beauty sleep!

Tuesday Cool
01-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Ok, maybe you do not know the song and if you don't good for you. But if you have a teenage kid you have heard it once too often! so lets all party like a POPstar. Not the Britney kind.
Well I made it through two days in a row that challenged my stamina, mental capacity, and general tolerance for all human kind. If I can do that and still be standing my antidepressants are working! Stretched to the max but working.
POP ,POP, POP, POP music....

amylou7777
01-08-2008, 09:45 PM
Hi AJ! I Remember you from the summer. So glad you are back with us! Thanks for sharing that story. I am loving this couples show and definitely hoped that the son would succeed since he is So young! How cool that you got a sneak peak.

Good to see you Val! Wow you are almost at the 100lb lost mark! SO awesome. Keep up that POP and you will be there.

Omg a POP band! I love it! Way to go Nicole-you POp star you! I've had my first, honest, no fudging POP day so far today. Wow, I forgot how militant I used to be ( no wonder I havne't lost any more weight!) This time I'm serious. I can stay POP. And no snacking during TBL tonight!

Hi Tina, Barbara, Joni, Katy (feel better!), HeatherTN, Kim, Felicia, Dionne, Jason, Kelly, Dan, Katie, Shannon, Angie, Lettie, Kristen, everyone!!! Keep on losin!

Mama Nicole
01-08-2008, 09:51 PM
Hey........before I forget.......AGAIN.........Angie.......your boy Cameron is just a doll!!! When i looked at your profile picture, I said, "awwwww," outloud. DH for sure thinks I am nuts :lol:
XOXO

Mama Nicole
01-08-2008, 09:53 PM
And yeah....Amylou......forget rockstar......we have our own little version.....and the best band out there :)

Did any of you see hotrod?

Ok, time for me to go crochet for a bit before bedtime :)
XOXO

Repo girl
01-08-2008, 10:05 PM
Hi everyone! Good to see that you are all getting down with your bad selves! I will have my health inspection tomorrow afternoon, then I will not be so busy. See you soon

Mama Nicole
01-08-2008, 10:10 PM
Katie.........are you starting a home daycare again? I maybe wasn't paying attention (shocking, I know).

BarbaraB
01-08-2008, 10:20 PM
Amy, Great to be totally POP. I need a few more days like that and fewer days like today. Team lunches are my downfall. Coconut prawns and chocolate torte are not on plan no matter how little you eat of it... and I had a few bites of each...

Joni, I need my beauty sleep too, or it is not a pretty sight. I had a friend who used to say "it isn't always pretty being easy" not that that applies to you in anyway, but if I try to burn the candle at both ends... not pretty...

AJ, welcome back. I've definitely lost and regained weight too many times to judge anyone. In fact I know I've found a few for Christmas. A gift I gave myself that I would like to return.... but no store is taking that back... I wish I could go to albertson's and say I have an extra 5 pounds that I would like to give back to you. I believe I paid you a couple of hundred dollars for all the excess food, and if you could just suck the fat off my body again. I'd be so greatful. Oh well.... I finally am back wearing my regular pants... put them on several times in the last week and just went whoosh.... when did that happen... these fit just 10 days ago.... So anyway, it can happen so fast.

Megan, Did you really have a 6 pack ab? I have been working on my abs... and my DH told me that I've achieved the 4 pack... LOL... Actually any definition at all is a big deal for me as I used to have more the 4 roll abs...
The line down the middle is like a major deal and it is back after going in hiding for the holidays...

Anyway home to TBL and the elliptical trainer... and a light dinner after that bad team lunch...

ferrarimomof2
01-08-2008, 11:21 PM
Hi everyone,

This group is really chatty today. I have popped on several times today and I still have not finished reading all the posts for today. I hope everyone had a POP day. I was able to stay POP today but I tell you it has been hard with TOM. I have been eyeing the Moon Pies that we caught Saturday. Well, I need to go get my DD to bed. I will try to check in tomorrow after WI.

Angie
01-08-2008, 11:32 PM
I believe I paid you a couple of hundred dollars for all the excess food, and if you could just suck the fat off my body again. I'd be so greatful.

Barbara that cracked me up! lol :D

Nicole -- :hug: Thank you! I am just smitten with him.

My poor little guy had an accident tonight. He was sitting on the arm of the couch, and just fell over backwards. When I picked him up his arm was bent at such a strange angle...it was like he was reaching up over his head, but his arm had moved backward, not forward to get there. It's very sore, but he is able to lift it. I gave him a bit of Motrin and some mommy love while he fell asleep. He was favoring the arm/shoulder, and just as he would start to feel better he'd move it and be surprised by the pain again. We'll see how it is in the morning, but I have a feeling we'll be visiting the doctor. I would have taken him to emerg tonight, but it's normally a 4-5 hour wait, so we might as well be comfortable at home and go in the a.m.

bayoubelle68
01-09-2008, 07:34 AM
Oh, Angie! I hope he's alright! My DS broke his arm at daycare right after he turned three. We had an awful night because after waiting in the ER for 4 hours, they put him in a soft cast that didn't inhibit his movement and he was in such pain! We got an appointment with an orthopedist the next day and he got a green cast (his choice because he was into the Hulk at the time). He was so exhausted that, as soon as the cast was in place and he was not longer in pain, he just conked! I had to carry him to the car and he slept the rest of the afternoon! Hope Cameron is better this morning!

Angie
01-09-2008, 07:55 AM
Thanks Felicia -- He said it felt better this morning, but when I held it up, he was in pain. Definitely something wrong. I don't think a break, because he can move it, but a sprain maybe?

Jrny2aNewMe
01-09-2008, 08:30 AM
Angie - so sorry to hear about your little guy. How old is he? I know when my DD was about 2, she fell and dislocated her shoulder and we were told at the time that it is very easy for a young child to dislocate their shoulder and it makes me wonder if that may be what's wrong with your little guy. It was very easy for them to get it back in by the way. That being said, I hope he's ok.

ChocLabLover
01-09-2008, 08:44 AM
Morning folks! Well, I decided to TO for the next two days to give me a jump start this week and clear out all the garbage my body has from the *cough* over indulgence at Christmas. I hope everyone has a POP day and I will try and pop in during the day.

StevenBensMom
01-09-2008, 08:48 AM
Good Morning Everyone....
Angie - Hope Cameron is ok...my son broke his arm this past fall, liked having a cast for all of 1 day until everyone signed it and then he wanted it off!

Well better get some work done...hello to everyone and have a great day!

KrispieD
01-09-2008, 08:57 AM
Oh Angie
I hope he is okay. My girls are forever trying to sit on the arms of the couch and I'm always hollering at them no cause they'll fall.. can I now give them proof. The ER's here are horrible, I know the one near us I had to take DH to one night and we had a 9 1/2 hour wait. just a bit more than the norm. Keep us posted.
I was very excited to watch TBL last night but only got to see about a total of 1 hour out of 2 thanks to all the elections interruptions.. I know it's important but come on to interrupt TBL.. can't we save the speeches for the 11:00news and just keep the live feed running on the bottom of the screen with updates?
DH and I are full on board and I really have to think my body is thanking me.. I was so ticked at feeling deprived and not being able to have what everyone else was so I allowed myself free reign in December. But I was also tired and sluggish all the time and feeling lousy.. since cleaing out the junk in the trunk starting Jan 2 I am definitely feeling much better. We're not eating any processed food, white sugar or white flour and it shows.
I am going to write a new book called Men are from skinny minny Mars and Women are from Fatty Bloombatty Venus.. reason being my MIL was complaining yesterday that she and her hubby have been dieting since Jan 1, he is down 7 pounds and she is down 1. My DH told me last night in a week he is down 10lbs..and I won't know mine till Monday but I don't think it will be a double digit.. so my soapbox of the day is that sometimes (not all the time Dan) the wife does all the meal planning, grocery shopping, prep and cooking and the men get the nice big numbers on the scale.
Discuss amongst yourselves :)

Super POP day everyone
xo

smjezzy
01-09-2008, 09:00 AM
Angie - hope your son is ok. Give him a scrunch for us.

Finished day 2 of being POP. Starting day 3! It's a record for me since falling off the wagon in May. Keep on keepin on! Good luck to all and I hope all is well with everyone.

sscott
01-09-2008, 09:21 AM
Angie - sorry to hear about Cameron. I hope he is feeling better. Check to make sure his collar bone is alright. Poor little guy!

I had another POP day. Can I join you, Nicole, in being a POPstar? On to day three...

Do you guys have any ideas of what I can cook using ground venison? We have a ton of it and I would like to use it. I make the venison chili that is in the cookbook, but I dont know what else to do with it. Any ideas????

Tuesday Cool
01-09-2008, 09:33 AM
Barbara, I have a keg!
Angie, do not get me started on men and diets. My husband decided he was getting a little over weight a few years ago. He decided to start getting his coffee from the cart up one flight of stairs and dropped 5# in two weeks. All he did was climb one flight of stairs once or twice a day! and gone was 5 #!
I also try to avoid flour and sugar and I do feel better when I manage to keep them away from my body. I do not use any of the snack items from LAWL. Now, salt I have not managed to cut I do still consume a fair amount but such is life.

ferrarimomof2
01-09-2008, 09:53 AM
Good Morning everyone...

Angie- I hope that your Cameron is okay.

Kristen- I agree it is not fair to us women to do all the planning and cooking and not see the losses like the men. I just have to keep telling myself life is not fair and that I am helping to make my husband and family to be healthier. My husband wears a size 34 waist weighs about 190 is six feet tall and keeps telling me he needs to loose weight. I tell him "Whatever".

Shannon- Congrats!! on being POP. Keep up the good work!!

Stacy- Congrats!! on being POP. Keep up the good work!! I'll let you know if I come up with anything about the venison we have a lot of it also. My counselors just keep reminding me that it is not limited but that it takes a while to digest like beef. So, I haven't tried to work it in my plan. I usually fix it for the family and eat my fish.

Tuesday Morning- Good Morning.

Well, I am off to the grocery store to buy stuff to make up casseroles and stuff for this weekend. So, the husband and kids don't starve while I am out of commission. I am also going to WI. I will check back in with ya'll when I get back. I hope for a loss.

bradleys mom
01-09-2008, 09:55 AM
Good Morning everyone! I am really motivated for a POP day! Hope you all are too!

By the way, It's Humpday!!!

I finally lost that water weight! I am down 1.6 lbs from Monday! WOOHOO!

Dan2112
01-09-2008, 10:02 AM
Morning all..

Angie - Sorry about Cam's fall.. Hope he's feeling better today!

Stacy - What about a meatloaf? I've never cooked ground venison, so I don't know what it's like, but I would assume you could do anything you would do with other ground meats.. The ideas are endless....

-Venison jerky (you'd need one of those gound meat extruders that looks like a caulking gun)

-Sausage - find a pork sausage recipe and just use the venison instead.. Just remember to keep the salt content way down.. Substituting lite salt or a salt alternative helps a lot.

-Pizza caserole - cook up some elbow macaroni, mix with browned venison and low sodium diced tomatoes or spaghetti sauce. put in a caserole dish and top with mozerella cheese and bake for half and hour (20 covered, 10 uncovered).. If you use the diced tomatoes, don't forget to add some Italian spices and garlic!!!

-Tacos!

-Taco salad (without the fried tortilla bowl)

etc...

Have a great day y'all!

Katy66
01-09-2008, 10:26 AM
Good Morning!

Angie - I'm so sorry to hear about Cameron's accident. Keep us posted!

Well DH and I successfully completed two days of FF and my BNWI was down 4lbs.....I'm thinking that is pretty good since it all hit at TOM and I know I'm retaining some water. DH however didn't lose anything. Not sure what is up with that other than he normally never drinks water so his body is hanging on to it. Anyone around ever experience a TO or FF without a loss. Oh and I think he probably wasn't great on the no salt thing.

So today starts my back on regular plan and so far so good, I'm POP. Target Ultra Shake, a lf string cheese, and banana for breakfast. No snack yet. I'm planning on hitting the COD today and will officially change my tickers to reflect what they say. I've not got many weeks left since I wasted a bunch over the holidays so I'm trying to decide if I re-up or just go it alone. Any advice?

Better run and get to work now..... I'll check back in around lunch:)

emmysmom
01-09-2008, 10:55 AM
Angie - I hope Cameron's okay. Let us know, okay?

sscott
01-09-2008, 11:03 AM
Dan - Thanks for the venison ideas. My problem is, I don't know how to count anything. The cookbook doesn't have any ground beef recipes because ground beef is so fattening, but vesion is so lean. I am getting so bored eating grilled chicken and vegetables. I need some new ideas! Thanks for the help!

emmysmom
01-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Kim - TBL-Australia marathon was on the Fox Reality Channel. I did notice that last week's episode of TBL was on Bravo on this past Monday night so I don't if that will be a regular thing or not.

I don't remember who asked about if I spent any of my winnings on myself...I actually didn't cash the check yet. I'm afraid that if I cash if before I think about what I want to spend it on, I will just spend it on nonsense and it will be gone.

amylou7777
01-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Morning all!

Angie-keep us posted on Cam for sure. I hope he gets the care he needs and fast! I can't imagine waiting 4-9 hours?!

Yay Katy and Kimberly!!! Congrats on the losses!

Congrats to all the POPstars out there!! I'm with ya! let's keep it up!

Stacy- a friend of mine made ground venison tacos and they were absoultely to die for! I highly reccommend it! The other ideas Dan came up with sounded super good too!

I've been making good use of Deb's cookbook. Lots of casseroles and crock pot ideas. She has done an amazing job putting this together! Lots of thanks to you Deb!

Katie- good luck with your health inspection! I hope that you have had your last day at that awful daycare center. I know it was stressing you out!

Dionne- what did I miss, why are you out of commission this weekend?

hi popstar Nicole!! I hope you are still our lead singer!

amylou7777
01-09-2008, 11:08 AM
Stacy- I would think it would count the same as lean ground turkey which is definitely on plan!

emmysmom
01-09-2008, 11:08 AM
Stacy - I would just compare the ground venison to ground turkey and count it that way. So if a recipe calls for 1lb. of ground turkey, substitute it with venison. Or is your 1P=5oz. ground turkey, use 5oz of venison...does that make sense?

emmysmom
01-09-2008, 11:09 AM
Posting at the same time, Amy:)

amylou7777
01-09-2008, 11:12 AM
Hi Tina, great minds think alike! I would do the same thing with the winnings as you are! Otherwise it would get spent on groceries and target/walmart runs instead of something special, keep us posted on what you decide to do for yourself!

pjbeau
01-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Goooooooood Morninnnnggggg!

OMG...I'm a POPstar! Well, that may be a stretch, but I was actually POP yesterday and so far today. I can't remember the last time I managed to accomplish this. Hopefully, I can keep it up. Big kuddos to all of you that stay POP all the time.

Katy - I never do well with TO/FF...not sure why, and yet I continue to torture myself with the experience.

Kimberly - WooHoo...Humpday!! :yay:

Angie - Poor Cam, hope all turn out okay. It's so hard when little ones hurt. :getwell:

AJ - Welcome back!! :welcome2:

Well, gotta go. :wave::wave::wave:Big waves to Deb, Nicole, Joni, Dan, Katie, Kristen, Stacy, Debbie, Lynn, Laurie, Barbara, Kelly, Felicia, TN Heather, Val, Tuesday, Amy, Dionne, Carol, Shannon, Tina, and all the other losers out there I may have missed.

:dust:

cecil
01-09-2008, 11:23 AM
Hi Gals! I have to stop in real quick... Amylou I love the POPstars comment! Ha! Hope everyone has a great day! I had WI yesterday and I was down .4 so better than nothing I guess? Stay POP!

MTdebster921
01-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Stacy- We use the venison in everything called for beef or turkey. You get 4 oz. cooked versus 3 oz. with the beef. We have straight ground elk and then all the deer we made sausage with, some in links, patties and just ground. The sausage is awesome in spaghetti. A lot of times I just cook a bunch of it up and keep it in the fridge for easy fixins.

One recipe I would strongly suggest for this out that cookbook I sent you is the baked ziti, under the ground beef recipes. So YUMMO!
A lot of times I will break the recipe down into portion sizes for example, this is the recipe:

1 ½ lbs ground turkey breast, or 1 lb lean ground beef (90 to 95% lean)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 jar pasta/spaghetti sauce, such as marinara
1 ½ cups shredded, reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
5 cups cooked tub-shaped noodles (3 cups uncooked)
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Makes: 8 servings
Serving size: 1/8 recipe; about 1 ¼ to 1 ½ cups
LA Exchange: 1 Protein, 2 Vegetables, 1 Starch

So if I wanted to make just 2 servings for DH and I, I would do
8 oz. cooked venison (P)
onions to taste, 1/2 c. cooked is way too much for me(condiment)
2 C. marinara sauce (VV) try and find a low salt one, my HFS carries one that is awesome
2/3 C. cooked pasta(S)
I like melted cheese on mine so I figure in a dairy too.
So easy and so on plan.

Heather115
01-09-2008, 12:00 PM
I'm a POPstar too although the stupid scale is not cooperating. I'm one of those that weighs every morning before getting dressed. Can't help it. I've have been so careful and being so on plan and yet I was up .4 this morning. Probably water, I know, but geez! I'm trying not to think about it or stress about it and look at the long term. I know it will come off eventually if I just stick to the plan. I just want to see it NOW, dammit. :)

cecil
01-09-2008, 12:03 PM
Ha ha! I weigh every morning too Heather but mostly it always looks better when I go to COD. Maybe that's because I don't have a digital scale just an old school one. Ha ha! But I feel your pain.

MTdebster921
01-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Wow, looks like we've got a whole bunch of POPstars!! I also have been POP for the last two days. Breakfast this morning so felt like cheating though. Ricotta cheese pancakes, butter, huckleberries and a splash of SF syrup. OH YEA.

Angie- I hope little Cameron is OK. Keep us posted of how he is.

Katy & Kimberly- YAY on the loss.

Dionne- I hope everything is ok?!? Oh, and what the heck are you doing with moonpies?? THROW THOSE THINGS DOWN THE GARBAGE DISPOSAL NOW!!!!!

Barb- You're cracking me up!!

Katie- Good luck with your inspection.

AJ - HI

I can't remember right at the moment who asked about the dairy. I am not a big milk drinker, but love yogurt. My evening treat every night is a yogurt with crushed almonds and if I want extra sweets, I put a dollup of SF cool whip on there. Counselors loved the idea and are passing it on to those that can't figure out how to get that other dairy and fat consumed for the day. It seems to help with my evening sweet tooth also.

A big ole "HI" to everybody else. Have a super day.

Mama Nicole
01-09-2008, 12:40 PM
Goooooooood Morninnnnggggg!

OMG...I'm a POPstar! Well, that may be a stretch, but I was actually POP yesterday and so far today. I can't remember the last time I managed to accomplish this. Hopefully, I can keep it up. Big kuddos to all of you that stay POP all the time.

Paula......WTG.........and everyone.......WTG..........we are rockin' out this week, eh? Our Monday morning WI's ought to be excellent :) I am super excited.....and it has been a long time since I was excited about this :) My FF netted me a 4.8 lb loss.......so I am pretty happy. There were a lot of factors for such great results.......but mostly cuz I was wayyyy off plan before I started......and that always gives me a big FF result. In any case.........I am happy.........and I am feeling very motivated by this group this week. Thank you all!!!!

Angie.......I am guessing it is Cameron's collar bone as well. It is such a delicate bone on a child. I am crossing my fingers that it is nothing major. Best of luck today :)

Katie..........good luck with your inspection today. I know how nerve wracking they can be :)

And to everyone I didn't mention...........keep up the good work........we can do this :)
XOXO

BarbaraB
01-09-2008, 12:56 PM
Angie, My DD was 4 and jumping on the sofa (after being told repeatedly not to jump on the sofa I might add) and fell off and broke her collar bone. So it could be that. It was just kind of tweaked a little not a total break or anything, and they put them in a little brace to hold their shoulders back so it can heal properly. Gymnastics class sounded like such a good idea, but then she thought she could do flips on the sofa...

I am doing a FF, to get my focus back after being such not a POP star myself the last couple of days. Need to break my Christmas carb addiction. Seems like it takes forever to break the addiction and about 2 days to fall back in.

bayoubelle68
01-09-2008, 01:11 PM
I cook with ground venison all the time and just count it the same as lean ground turkey. One of my kids' favorite things I do is when I make patties out of it and broil them until they are cooked. Then I simmer them in a little SF BBQ sauce. I weigh the patties before I cook them so I can make sure of the serving size. I also use venison a lot for soft tacos, taco salad, and things like that.

KrispieD
01-09-2008, 01:16 PM
Nicole.. 4.8 lbs.. WTF?? WAY TO GO GIRL!!

Mama Nicole
01-09-2008, 01:18 PM
Nicole.. 4.8 lbs.. WTF?? WAY TO GO GIRL!!

:lol: I just adore you, Kristen!!!
XOXO

Jrny2aNewMe
01-09-2008, 01:26 PM
Hi All! Actually have a couple of minutes to check out what’s going on around here (well, I don’t really, but I’m taking them anyway, LOL).

Paula – TO never does a thing for me either, whenever I have done one the results have been negligible and it seems invariable I plateau after. So personally, I just save it now for when I really need a kick in the butt to get back on plan.

By the way, I am now on Day 5 POP, to see a .2 loss – it better start coming off soon!

Sorry I can’t chime in on the venison – I don’t care for the taste of it myself. Now, give me some moose!

Well, I’d better get back to work. I will try to chime in later, if not hope everyone has a good POP day! Be one with your POP (TM Dan2112, 2007).

bradleys mom
01-09-2008, 01:48 PM
WOW! You all are on fire today! I love all these positive attitudes! You all are SO motivating!

amylou7777
01-09-2008, 02:01 PM
Wohoooo Nicole! On my scale you are down 5lbs?!!!!! That is pretty much 25% of your gain gone!! So awesome.

I keep coming on here when I should be getting my reading done.....so hard to get back into the swing of school.

Hope everyone had a POP lunchtime!

smjezzy
01-09-2008, 02:19 PM
WTG Nicole! Cheers <clicking my water jug>

Katy66
01-09-2008, 02:19 PM
Well my first trip back to COD after 8 weeks went pretty well....it confirmed my loss from the FF so I've changed my ticker (of course it isn't the BNWI number but I'll take the three). There were a couple of new faces which is great, I wasn't very pleased with the counselors before.

Glad to see all the losses and people staying on plan.

Have a great afternoon!

Katy66
01-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Oops, forgot to mention. On Deb's Ziti recipe.... I have one that is very similar and it freezes well so you could probably make the entire recipe but bake it in smaller containers for freezing. Makes a great, quick meal for later:)

Mama Nicole
01-09-2008, 02:32 PM
WTG Katy!!!! :cheer:

Ok, so I checked out the K-Mart biggest loser contest. I think I am going to go for it. What the heck, right? C'mon, someone else say they are going to join too.............

Mama Nicole
01-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Hey, where are Nance and Nancy these days????

bradleys mom
01-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Okay Nicole, I think I am signing up as well. That sounds fun. Although I have to work every Saturday, and I only get 30-45 minutes for lunch. I think I could use my lunch period to do the sign up and weigh ins. The closest Kmart is 1 mile from my home but 8 miles from my work. I think I will call my cousin who works there and see if she knows anymore about it.

bayoubelle68
01-09-2008, 03:00 PM
I have been perfectly OP for 2 days - yeah, I know: 2 WHOLE days!! ;) - and I went to WI and was UP .8. POOT!!! My counselor was really sweet and said my body was probably just trying to adjust to being completely back on plan and that things would likely even out in a few days. I KNOW that I'm doing everything right, but it's just so frustrating!! :mad:

ferrarimomof2
01-09-2008, 03:05 PM
I just got back from WI and I am down 5 lbs. I am so happy when I went in on Monday I was up 1 3/4 lbs from the weekend (Mardi Gras Ball). So, I guess eating right and drinking lemon water helped.

Amy- I am having my 4 wisdom teeth cut out on Friday. I expect the doctor is going to have me on pain killers. Especially since he told me to take 3 days off work.

Deb- I would throw them out but the kids love them. I hate to deprive my children of them because of me. But, I promise I have not touched them.

After WI, I went to Wal-Mart and bought the groceries to cook and a digital scale. I too am one of those people who likes to weigh frequently.

Well, I better go get some housework done before I have to pick up DS.

Have a POP day.

cecil
01-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Felicia! I know how you feel I hate when you are completely POP and not doing anything wrong and you gain! It is sooo frustrating! But you know she is right. I bet next time you go in you see a nice loss! Keep up the POP!

krjpy
01-09-2008, 03:20 PM
Regarding the Kmart's Newday contest/program.
Here's the website to check out the details: kmart.com/newday (I can't do a URL yet, but just add the 3 "w"s before the address).

You have to go to Kmart this Saturday the 12th and register and weigh-in. Then every two weeks you go back to weigh-in again. The dates are on the website. I think they suggest losing two pounds every two weeks and 30 minutes of daily exercise.

Good Luck, I have family in this weekend and my DS's Birthday Party, so I won't make it, but best of luck to those of you who do!

StevenBensMom
01-09-2008, 03:21 PM
Wow great job everyone...just love hearing about all the losses today! You are really keeping me on track. Felicia...you know the next time you weigh in things will be going the right way, so just keep at it!

Nicole - I would love to join the K-mart challenge, but unfortunately all of ours are going out of business. They are going to be doing something similar at work, very interesting...more details about applying are coming soon. I work at a large university and you have to apply and they will select contestants. Not sure how I would feel having everyone I work with know how much I weigh, but I figure at least we wouldn't have to wear the spandex in front of everyone! :o

Everyone else - keep up the good work! :)

cecil
01-09-2008, 03:22 PM
Dionne we were posting at the same time! Congrats on the 5 lbs! Lucky! You truely are POPstar! Awesome loss! We are still pretty close in weight! Stay POP!

Debbie24
01-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Its been busy this morning huh. Glad to see everyone losin. Losers!!!

Paula - HI!!

Deb - I asked about the dairy, thanks for the response. I think i'm going to have some dannon light & fit today with some fiber 1 (thanks Lynn). I have 2 dairy a day and i'm going to try to make it all yogurt since i wont even dare to drink skim milk & i think all the cheese is making me stall.

I'm sure a bunch of you saw TBL lastnight, what a shocker. I cant believe how little most of them lost. I never really watched it before but i'm definitely watching this season. Who are you rooting for? I'm not sure yet who i'm rooting for.

Hope everyone has a POP day, i'm on day 9 being POP.

cecil
01-09-2008, 03:45 PM
I like the team that got sent home. Other then that. I guess I would say the Mother Daughter team... I really like the Mom she is soooo cute!

BarbaraB
01-09-2008, 03:58 PM
Debbie, on TBL, I think it was finally realistic. Probably with 2 trainers they did too much, since it is 2 people pushing you. I mean it looked like they were overtraining to me, did you see the gal wipe out on the treadmill after Jillian was screaming at them all... I thought right before that it was a kind of dangerous thing to go beyond your limit running on the treadmill since one misstep and you are down. My mom had a friend who fractured her skull when she tried to take off her sweatshirt while still on a moving treadmill. Not a serious fracture I guess, but still... Who needs that. We all need to work within our capabilities and not push too hard to fast so that we get injured. It seems to me that the injury rate on that show is pretty high.
I was quite a little string cheese addict there for awhile. Then I transferred over to the FF SF jello pudding cups... The old plan used to count them as a starch, but I've seen that they get counted as a dairy now. I have cut down on them though, since I figured I didn't need tons of splenda really. Once in awhile though, that might break up the yogurt. I do think they came out with the SF FF ones after the documentation was printed for the old plan anyway. I think some counselors just had the when in doubt call it a starch so people won't eat it very often plan. Perhpas just the ones at my COD though.

Felicia, It will get better. Hang in there. Probably just the stress of being back at school is making you hold onto a little water. Or it is just the phase of the moon, since sometimes those things have no really rational explanation. .8 of a pound is just too little to get you upset. It is almost nothing...

I need to get brave and get on a scale... I just got kind of used to just doing a TO and then weighing in... and I've decided to stop doing TO since I think it was a lot of my problems with my metabolism shutting down. So now I just need to face facts and where I actually am and just deal with it... and I need to go back to the COD and get the LA Lites that I paid for... anything else is just being silly... but I can be a silly person.

Now I really should go and get some work done!

Debbie24
01-09-2008, 04:11 PM
Cecilia - the mom on the mother/daughter team is cute. She's funny!

Barbara - the mom on the mother/daughter team is the one that fell. I do think that they worked out too much this week and probably didnt take in the right amount of food for all the working out they did. When you work out that much you definitely need to eat more. Being that there were ones that needed to lose alot of weight i thought they would drop a bit more lbs but something just wasnt right, i think the trainers need to separate again. I wont be shocked if they did that.
Fractured skull - ouch!! Its a good thing it wasnt too bad.
I did the homemade chocolate pudding from debs cookbook which was really yummy so i'll do that once in a while to break up the yogurt. I do have some milk in tea or coffee also.
Yeah i dont think doing TO too often is good for you. Do you do the lemon water when you are trying to get rid of water weight? I hated TO. I'm not doing it anymore because of breastfeeding but i wont miss it.
Hope the scale isnt too mean to you, let us know how it goes.

cecil
01-09-2008, 04:20 PM
Would you drink your dairy in a latte? I have a 20 oz sugar free Latte with Skim milk with 4 shots of espresso. It counts as 1 and 1/2 dairy and then my other is string cheese. Just an option. I love it! It feels like cheating every single morning! Ha!

Dan2112
01-09-2008, 04:49 PM
Debbie.. Why not skim milk? Is it a taste thing?

Katy66
01-09-2008, 04:58 PM
I'm not a lot of help since I'm not big on dairy either. I've been able to manage with some cheese (just bought some laughing cow to try) and yogurt.

Thought I would check in before I head home. Not sure if I will have time to get on the PC at home tonight and I'm in a class all day tomorrow. I'm packing my snacks but they usually treat us to lunch. The buffet we go to has a great salad bar and often some pretty good soups so I will need to plan around that for the rest of the day.

Have a great evening and good luck staying on plan the rest of the day.

Debbie24
01-09-2008, 05:13 PM
Cecilia - the latte is something to try but wow 4 shots of espresso? so would that be just skim milk and espresso? Is it a strong taste. I'm not a big coffee drinker, i have been drinking some lately to get some of the milk in.

Dan - i have the skim milk in tea, coffee or in recipes but i have never tasted it alone. Is it bad? LOL as old as i am i'm still afraid to taste things that in my mind already taste bad. Horrible isnt it?

Katy i didnt know the laughing cow cheese was OP. Never had the low fat one, how is it? Does 1 triangle count as 1 dairy? I guess it would be OP as long as its lite or reduced fat.

chiquita623
01-09-2008, 05:17 PM
For dairy I usually eat Activia Light with some Bran Buds sprinkled in - da/st. Or sometimes I drink some skim milk or eat sf/ff pudding. The COD told me I couldn't use the pre-made stuff, I had to make it myself. 1/2C = 1 da. Or sometimes I use the 2% shredded cheese on my salads or throw some in my eggs. Just what I can come up with off the top of my head.

Everyone have a great POP night!! See you tomorrow.

cecil
01-09-2008, 05:34 PM
If you aren't a big coffee drinker that's kind of a alot. Basically I added another shot to my drink so it isn't all my dairy for the day. So when I drink a 16 oz I put an extra shot in there as well. If you did a 16 oz with only 2 shots then that would be 1 and 1/2 dairy as well. So? The less shots the more milk. and then there is about an 1 1/2 oz of syrup sugar free of course. Does that make sense?

lilczarina
01-09-2008, 05:52 PM
Hello, I am a newbie to the boards. I have been with LAWL for a little over a month and I have lost 11 pounds. Although, part of that loss was due to getting sick and only being able to eat Jell-o, but I'll take the payment for getting sick. Last Friday, I was up three pounds, and when I went in on Monday I had lost those three pounds. When I weighed in today, I had lost 1.3 pounds. One of the counsellors asked me what my goal was for the week, and I told her, "To lose, not gain!" So, here's to being a LOSER! :D

BarbaraB
01-09-2008, 07:34 PM
Welcome lilczarina

It is silly to set goals of how much weight you will lose, since it comes off when it does. Make a goal of sticking with the plan or getting so much exercise, since that you have control over the outcome and don't end up frustrating yourself when your body doesn't cooperate with your lofty plans.

At least my body has been uncooperative and making goals that I can't keep is not in my nature to tolerate, and I don't need to label myself a failure, just a loser.

Repo girl
01-09-2008, 08:00 PM
Welcome to all the new folks I have missed!

My health inspection is over, and I passed, no problems. It is so good to have that done. Now I can leave my job at any time and be able to start my home daycare back at as soon as I choose to.

Kristin- I had a 4 y/old sitting at my desk in time out today for hitting his friend in the face. When I started to talk to him about making better choices, yadayadayada, he put his hand up and said, "Don't talk to me, you are giving me a headache." Oh, they are soooo funny, huh?

I am truly hoping to get back into the swing of things around here tomorrow. Have a good night everyone!!!

Joni135
01-09-2008, 09:34 PM
Geez - I'm trying to get past Amy's 11:12 AM post and "the server is busy..try again later!"

Nicole - I'm seriously considering the KMart Challenge. I called and the weigh in is this Saturday between 12N and 3P; first come first served. The store i called said they had gotten a few calls. Then you have to go to the same store every other week until the challenge ends. The prizes are pretty good. What the heck. I've got to be good for my "diminishing diva" challenge, so why not take on some added competition. I'm sort of double booked on Saturday, but this is more important than anything.

Joni135
01-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Angie - any update on Cam???

Kristen - do me a favor and slap DH for me...the gall of that man to lose 10 lbs!

Nicole - WTG on your 4+ lb loss. I'm creeping along. I had to fly through the posts because I didn't watch TBL yet and didn't want to know the outcome. Maybe tomorrow I'll get to watch it. I had a h*llacious day.

Tina - make sure you cash that check while the money's in the bank!!! I hate it when my nieces and nephews don't cash checks I send to them for months afterwards. I am one that likes to balance my checkbook the old fashioned (manual) way and I hate having to go back and search for uncashed checks. Now go cash that check and do something special for yourself!! A massage, mani/pedi, some splurges at the grocery store, a full-service car wash; maid for a day, dinner at your favorite low-cal restaurant!

whatazoo
01-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Well, I put myself on green/Plan 1. I don't really know why I did it, I was losing, but very slowly on gold. If i get hungry, I eat a fruit and/or veggie, so i'm not going to starve myself. But, since I started this over the weekend (got busy and missed some of my normal exchanges), I'm down 3.4 from last Thurs. Best weight loss I've had in some time! I am basically taking what I like from each plan and making it work for me! Bad, I know, to be combining the two, but I guess, if it's working! I basically only have 10 pounds to go for my 'personal' goal! I have 6 weight loss weeks left at the COD so, maybe I'll swing back and forth between gold and green and see what happens...

dolphn545
01-09-2008, 10:38 PM
Hey Everybody!

Just wanted to stop in and say hey. I am lost without my COD. I have been eating litely for 2 days now, and hopefully the scale will be nice to me tomorrow a.m. I tried not to eat too many carbs/starches, to get that out of my system.

I was considering going to KMart on Saturday for their challenge as well. Will have to play it by ear and see if I'm able to make it in. Love the prizes!!! Did anyone else notice that Slim Fast Optima is one of the sponsors?
The challenge seems to have some pretty strict rules (make sure you don't lose too much too fast, etc.)

Hope everyone is having a great POP evening. Will check in later!

Angie
01-09-2008, 11:06 PM
Update on Cameron -- Well, he made a liar out of me at the doctor's office. When I tried to put on his shirt, he was wincing and whimpering. He couldn't pull himself up onto the couch because it hurt his "sow ahm". I was really worried. At the Dr's office however, he had full range of motion, not a peep came out of his mouth, except for 'can I have a sucker please?'. Kids huh? She gave me a requisition for an x-ray but suggested I give it a day or two to see how he's doing. He's been much better tonight (per my mom and DH, I was working) Thanks for everyone's concern over him, I really felt touched reading your kind thoughts.

Kristen -- If we have to go to ER we go to Trillium. I hate the old hospital in Brampton, and if you heard recently, someone died in ER at the new one because they totally misjudged his case! Yeee-ikes. Trillium is normally a long wait, but they also have a really awesome kids clinic that is available after-hours (although not all night long). I suggest you start adding lard to your DH's portions from now on. That ought to slow him down a bit. *evil wink*

Shannon -- Congrats on making it to day 3 of POPness!

Tuesday -- I think you meant to address Kristen about DH's and their lightning fast weight loss. I think it's OUTRAGEOUS that your DH lost that weight by climbing a flight of stairs! That should be illegal. hmph.

Kimberly -- Congrats on your loss!

Katy -- Nice job on your TO!

Paula -- Way to go on your POP day. One good day really helps to motivate me for another.

Nicole -- 4.8 on FF??? You rock! My Dr. did check over his collarbone, she had the same thought; everything seemed okay thankfully. I want to join the Kmart thingy, but there are no more Kmarts here in Canada. Buffalo seems a little far to drive to weigh in.

I'm a POPstar too...3 days and counting!

Dionne -- Whoa! Nice loss!

TBL talk: I was totally bummed that the brown team went home. They were my favourites!

Felicia -- Don't despair, you're doing all the right things,and it will show up on the sclae soon.

Hi to everyone I've missed!

Angie
01-10-2008, 07:11 AM
Last to post and night, and first in the morning!

I couldn't resist, because I'm down 3.6 lbs from my Monday weigh in this morning. Yay! :carrot:

Lynx
01-10-2008, 07:59 AM
Yah Katie (health inspection)
Yah Angie,
Yah everyone - keep going down, down, down

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 62.5 lbs.

dolphn545
01-10-2008, 08:36 AM
Congrats Angie! :dancer: :dance:

Jrny2aNewMe
01-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Good morning everyone!

Felicia – Boy do I hear your pain and frustration. I have now been POP and was rewarded with a .7 pound gain on the scale this morning – grrrr! I know that I have to just hang in there and keep on truckin’, but it sure can be frustrating sometimes. That darn evil, evil sclae!

Dionne – 5 lbs! That’s great.

Lilczarina – Welcome to the group and congratulations on the 11 pounds.

I must run – I’ve got to take my mom to the doctor’s office.

Hope everyone has a POP day.

Jrny2aNewMe
01-10-2008, 09:17 AM
Angie - so glad to hear that Cameron's ok and congrats on the 3.6 lbs.

ChocLabLover
01-10-2008, 09:45 AM
Good Morning Everyone! Second day on TO (oh joy). I will not be on much today so no time to do personals. Everyone have a great day!

ferrarimomof2
01-10-2008, 09:45 AM
Good Morning everyone,

Val- Just stay POP and you will see the scale move in the correct direction soon.

Angie- Congrats on the loss and glad to hear that Cameron is okay. My son woke up one morning when he was younger telling me he couldn't see good or hear. So, I rushed him to the Dr. He had 20/20 vision and could hear fine. I guess it just comes with the territory.

Everyone have a POP day. I have to go cook casseroles for the weekend. So, my DH and kids will have food to eat.

sscott
01-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Hello everyone! I hope you all had a great day yesterday! Another POP day for me. Three days and counting!!! Yippy! And, I even did a Walk Away the Pounds video last night..really, I did it, you can now pick yourself up off the floor and keep reading :) I am shooting for another POP day!

Angie - I'm so glad to hear that Cameron is doing better.

Katie - I bet you are getting excited! Is it a lot of work to get your own daycare up and running again?

To the rest of you, keep up the good work! You guys are inspiring! Have a great Thursday!

Mama Nicole
01-10-2008, 10:11 AM
Angie........don't feel bad........my cousin's little girl did the same exact thing to her Dad. He grabbed her by the arm, which was completely out of character for him, and her feelings were so hurt, that she walked around the house for DAYS with her arm completely limp and holding it with her, "good," arm. Poor Darren felt soooo bad. He's a total softy. It's funny how they can read us like a book sometimes. But, you did the right thing, you can never be too careful. I am glad he made a liar out of you :) :lol:

And WTG on the 3.6 lbs, Angie!!!

And Carol.........congrats on making it to day 2 of FF..................you are half way there now :)

I must do my FLYing in a second......but wanted to say, "hey," to all my homies...........and just for today, be a POP
XOXOstar!!!!

Debbie24
01-10-2008, 10:29 AM
Mornin' Everyone

Cecilia - Makes total sense, i just think its (latte) a bit too much for me. Thank you so much for taking the time to share tho.

Angie - WTG on the weight loss and i'm glad to hear that you little one is ok. My niece did that to me this past summer when she fell and swore that her ankle was broke and right after we took her to the doc she started running around, she's 9. My son was 2w old so what a hassle but thats kids for ya.

Carol - GL on TO today

OT - my little one is rolling all over the place. He cant crawl yet but he goes around in circles and i know if he really tried he could crawl but guess he's not ready. Its so cute tho to see him rolling all around the room when he wants to get somewhere else.

I'm trying not to pay too much attention to my weight daily but i still have a problem and still weigh myself every day. This morning i was down 1lb but i'm not getting too excited about it yet. I'm only going to try to pay attention to mondays WI but i just wanted to share anyway.

Hope everyone has a POP day!!! :)

michie
01-10-2008, 11:45 AM
So I think I've finally made it past that hump where you crave everything and want to eat like you used to, because I have been feeling so great lately! I don't think about food and what I haven't had for the day, it all just finds it's place by the end of the day. So I finally got the hang of it I guess!

Joni- I just looked into the KMart Challenge and it looks pretty cool! Just having an extra little boost to get me in the game could be fun! Do it!

cecil
01-10-2008, 12:25 PM
Michelle! Happy to see you! Congrats on not craving anymore! I know what you mean. The hardest part for me is not going over board when out having drinks.... yes I like to drink! Ha ha! Maybe that will become easier as well!
Have a great day!

BarbaraB
01-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Angie, Glad that everything is OK with Cameron. It is hard to figure out when kids are really sick. Congrats on the 3.6 pounds down. I know that feels great.

I'm back into the size 8 levi's. Yea! A week ago the combination of just out of the drier and my christmas bloat, I tried them on and it was oh my gosh I will never fit in these again! I felt like such a fat failure. Today I'm wearing them. What a difference 10 days back on plan makes.

AJinTN
01-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Barbara - LOL that is so funny to me. I have goals in regards to losing x lbs by a certain date, but what I really want is to be able to dry all of my jeans in the dryer again!!!

BarbaraB
01-10-2008, 12:50 PM
AJ, I swear these jeans are real shrinkers, they seem a size bigger after wearing them a couple of hours. I always seem to get upset when I have clothes like this and I put them on and it is WHAT DID I DO? OK after the holiday eating, I had a good idea what I had done... LOL. You will be drying your jeans in no time....

Cecilia, I have a hard time with that one too, since after 1 drink, my ability to be very clear about my goals is seriously compromised (alcohol wise I am pretty much a light weight). The only thing that I have been able to manage it to alternate with something non-alcoholic. Usually club soda, which comes out looking like a real drink. Actually at the New Year's Eve party I attended they had diet tonic water, and that with slice of lime and a splash of cranberry juice was really a great drink. Just sitting there with no drink in my hand, well people ask you way too often if you want another, and I will find myself saying yes in no time (even if I resisted the first 2 or 3 times I was asked)

cecil
01-10-2008, 01:08 PM
Oh Barbara! You have so much more self control when it come to that! I just can't stop once I am having fun! Although I am also a light weight so at least I never go too over board! It's just all those shots! Ha! ha!

Dan2112
01-10-2008, 01:54 PM
Howdy all..

Busy day for me.. trying to stay POP.. sigh...

pjbeau
01-10-2008, 01:54 PM
Good Morning!! Just a quick check-in for right now.

Val & Felicia - I am in the same boat...I've been doing well, even been POP for two days now, but this morning I was up 1 pound. That's the only darn pound I had been able to lose and now it's back. A very frustrating morning.

I'm sticking to this commitment though...think I will join the Kmart challenge on Saturday too. With not having a COD, maybe this will keep me motivated.

Check back in later when I have more time.

Heather115
01-10-2008, 01:57 PM
Just a quick post to say "hey everybody!" Everybody's being soooo good! I finally had a loss this AM and am making a beeline to the COD to officially document - just can't go 'til after work. I ate a lite lunch so I wouldn't sabotage it to badly. We'll see how it goes!

Keep on keepin' on, POPstars! We're doing great!

aguerin
01-10-2008, 02:43 PM
Hello: Sorry I haven't posted, but I have been spending all my free time reading your posts. THis has been a very busy board this week.

Welcome to all the newbies.

Congrats to everyone on being POP and re-starting. Remember this is the time to re-focus on what/who you want to be.

Cecil: I think it is a really great idea to join the K-Mart challenge for accountability since losing the COD. THose of us who are closer to goal are not eligible for the challenge because of the BMI. I'm not anyway.

DH and I have decided to start our dream (or his) home this year. We are planning on building a Log Home. I am already getting gray hair. My initial intention was to not get "sucked" into the chaos and let him do what he wanted (just leave me out of it), but a few days into it, of course I have taken over. If I don't, how will anything get done, right? We are not hiring a general contractor and our goal for this year is to just get it up and dried in. Not finished (yeah, right). I have already been searching for log suppliers and it has been a job. I will keep you posted and will try to post some pics as we get started. I hope to get started about Apr/May. That may be a dream in itself.

StevenBensMom
01-10-2008, 03:12 PM
Hi All...
Angie - glad Cameron made out alright...you just never know and it is better to be safe than sorry. When my son broke his arm this past fall he never said a word and only if he held it funny did he say it hurt...so 2 weeks later I take him in and even the Dr. didn't think it was broke until we got the x-ray..he only played football (that's when it broke) a couple of baseball games and a hockey game in between! I am up for Mother of the Year! LOL

Amy - a family that we know from our son's hockey team built a log home (pretty much with just himself and his dad) and it is beautiful...I would love to be able to do that, can't wait to see some pictures.

Glad to hear about all the losses taking place...keeps me plugging along.

Better get back to work...Have a great evening everyone!

BarbaraB
01-10-2008, 03:20 PM
Cecilia, I have never been able to stomach shots. My company is in my opinion the land of boozers... LOL.... So you have to have a plan if you are going into the corporate booze events. You don't want to be seen as the most uptight person in the company who refuses to loosen up and socialize, but then again, you should really avoid actually being drunk under the table.... again.... but I digress and hopefully no one remembers that bad game of quarters several years ago. I think it is safe to say I lost, but I really do not remember that clearly....

Amy, Log houses are really neat. Have you and your DH ever had a house built before? We did it once, about 15 years ago, and I recall it being one of those things that stresses you out from time to time, and we had a general contractor (source of some of the stress). Mostly my DH's priorities for a house are so different from mine. I guess I didn't consider spending a lot on the garage.. and the thought the kitchen was a place to scrimp. Actually it might go better now that we are older and more financially secure.

Now I really have to stop avoiding the hideously boring and tedious task that just got assigned to me and get back to work.

Debbie24
01-10-2008, 03:43 PM
I keep forgetting to ask, is butternut squash OP? I dont see it in my book. If it is how much is 1 serving? Thanks.

BarbaraB
01-10-2008, 03:44 PM
Debbie, I know it is on plan and it is considered a starch. I don't recall the portion size. I would guess 3/4 cup but that is just a guess.

Mama Nicole
01-10-2008, 03:47 PM
DH and I have decided to start our dream (or his) home this year. We are planning on building a Log Home. I am already getting gray hair. My initial intention was to not get "sucked" into the chaos and let him do what he wanted (just leave me out of it), but a few days into it, of course I have taken over. If I don't, how will anything get done, right? We are not hiring a general contractor and our goal for this year is to just get it up and dried in. Not finished (yeah, right). I have already been searching for log suppliers and it has been a job. I will keep you posted and will try to post some pics as we get started. I hope to get started about Apr/May. That may be a dream in itself.
:lol:
I am just loving the honesty!!!! :lol: And I know.....you HAVE to do it, or it will never get built!!! :lol: Best of luck. DH and I want to do that one day too :)

JLem311
01-10-2008, 04:04 PM
hey everyone. just thought i'd check in since i haven't in a few days.
nothing much new to report. i think i pinched a nerve in my hip when i was doing pilates last week. it's finally started to get better, but boy it hurt to sit, lay down or do much of anything having to do with rotating my hip. ouchie. :( some advil and rest have been helping.
i went back on wed finally. i wasn't suppose to go back til next week, but they were going to be short staffed wed, thur and fri, so i've been back at work for 2 days now. it's different to be back at the store i originally started at, but i'm starting to get into the swing of things. i just miss my old store in NC and all the people so badly.
and to top it all off i haven't heard from DH since the day he went back to ft jackson. which was jan 2nd. ugh. i hate it. i did get a letter in the mail from him yesterday, which was nice. :) but i'd still love to hear his voice.
i'm not at all adjusting to this whole military wife thing. i just don't know how to make it easier on myself. the kids have their own routine that i'm trying to work myself into and around my schedule, but it's been rough.
lots of alone time and i can't stand it. especially at night.

anyways, i'm not going to bring everyone down. it seems like everyone has been in a great "up" mood and the losses are showing! :) i have been stalled a bit..but i'm stressed and not eating much. but i'm trying. i did transfer the rest of my week to my old COD and they were happy to see me back. when i first started there i was at 275. so they were shocked at how well i've done. that was a nice boost. i just need to get back into it, but it's hard to force myself when i just never feel like eating.

ok. gonna go and get a few things done, or nap...not sure which. :)

cecil
01-10-2008, 04:14 PM
Jillian! Nice to see you posting. I wondered how you were doing? I can't imagine how hard that would be to be away from your DH for such long periods of time. Im sure it for sure takes some getting used to. Just hop on here if you get lonely! We all care about you, and someone always has something to say!

JLem311
01-10-2008, 04:41 PM
thanks cecilia. :)

BarbaraB
01-10-2008, 04:59 PM
Jillian, One letter since the 2nd? Oh my. I would hate that too. I would need to work just to keep busy and my mind off from missing my DH. You guys are relative newlyweds too, so that makes it harder to be apart. Hopefully he will get to a place where he can contact you more often here soon. I know when my former brother in law was in the Marine's boot camp that he was not allowed to contact anybody hardly at all, and my sister who had just been married to him for a short time then, felt abandoned. Kids are very sensitive to changes in their world, and if they are being more testy and awful to you, it means they are feeling safe and secure with you (although not exactly how we like to be paid back for being their soft place to fall). You have to eat to lose. You know that though. Hey just keeping it under 200 has to feel pretty good! Hopefully your DH will soon be in a postion where he can contact you more often and it will feel less lonely.

Ok, the nasty tedious task is still needing to be done... and I"m still not doing it!

Angie
01-10-2008, 05:01 PM
Okay, so...chalk one up for mother's intuition. When I got Cameron dressed this morning he was still in quite a bit of pain when I lifted his arm, and I noticed he still wasn't putting any weight on it. I took him for an x-ray this afternoon, and sure enough, it's broken. Fracture of the upper right humorous. We have to go tomorrow morning to the fracture clinic to get a cast. Right now he has the cutest little sling on it. He's still not complaining about it at all, but he's happy to have his every whim indulged now that we know the whole situation. He just finished a big box of smarties (like m and m's, only crappier) and is working on a giant glass of chocolate milk now. The doctor was amazed that it is broken, since he let her move his arm every which way yesterday, and likewise, daycare was shocked to hear it was broken after seeing him playing as per usual this morning. I guess kids have better pain tolerance than adults!

Thanks for the congrats on my loss! I didn't go off plan today with all the excitement, but I'm a few exchanges behind, so I'll have to work to fit them in this evening.

Barbara -- Good for you for getting back in your size 8's!

Jillian -- Sorry to hear you are feeling so lonely. Do you guys have a dog? Dogs are a great way to get yourself out of the house, and meeting new people. Maybe you could join a pilates class or something...just to meet new friends and fill the time? I know it must be hard. My friend's DH went to Iraq when she was pregnant with their 2nd child, and didn't get to come back (except for right after the birth) for another year or so.

Off to see to my little invalid. :D

Debbie24
01-10-2008, 05:11 PM
OMG Angie, its a good thing you decided to take him for the x-ray. Glad to hear hes being a sport tho, my boys would probably scream non stop. they run to me to rub if anything happens even the smallest thing. hope everything goes well tomorrow with the casting

Dan2112
01-10-2008, 05:11 PM
Awww.. Poor kiddo.. That's aweful for you, but as you said, something for him to take advantage of. :lol:... Kids are weird though.. Smarties AND chocolate milk? Bleagh... Here's hoping for a speedy recovery!

Jillian... Sorry you're down in the dumps, but I sure can't blame you.. We're all thinking about you and keeping DH in our thoughts too...