100 lb. Club - Accountability/Menus/Planning 1/7 - 1/13

jillybean720
01-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Hope no one minds that I started this week's thread. I was wandering around the site trying to find somewhere to post my plan/menu for tomorrow, and I noticed there was a thread here for this past week, so I figured one would eventually be started for this coming week. I wanted to post before I lost interest or got busy with something else, so here I am!

Anyway, I'm focusing solely on food right now and will add structured exercise/activity in later. My goal right now is just to stay at about 2000 calories average per day for the week (and to keep drinking at least 8 servings of water/day, but that's already pretty much a habit). Here's my plan for Monday:

smoothie (small frozen banana, 1 T natural peanut butter, skim milk, vanilla extract, squirt of whipped cream) - 322
turkey sausage w/honey mustard - 234
pbj sandwich - 245
small apple - 55
Lean Cuisine: chicken and veggies with peanut sauce over whole wheat pasta - 280
2 Healthy Ones franks w/sweet relish - 180
leftover homemade lasagna - 280
Breyer's all natural strawberry ice cream - 240That seems like a LOT of food, but it only comes to 1836 calories. It's also 94 grams of protein. When I have been very successful at losing in the past, 100g protein per day was a goal of mine, so I'm heading in the right direction.

Purplefirefly
01-06-2008, 08:20 PM
:wave: Hi Jillybean! Yep, someone starts these on Monday, so you are not too far in advance. i think the other one is lost now anyway...all these new posts popping up, hard to keep anything on top :)

I weigh in tomorrow and looks like I'll be down 1 for the week...unless another one wants to join in and I won't complain :lol: I am happy to say I've had 3 perfect days straight now...and tomorrow I hope to add in number 4!

rakel
01-07-2008, 02:15 AM
So, get this. Yesterday the scale said 277. Today it said 274.5. I could hardly believe it so I stepped on it a few times and it was consistent. Food hasn't been entirely great -- there was some birthday cake and ice cream after church today and I had some, but I did play DDR for like 45 minutes with a friend and got a pretty good workout in actually -- by the time we were done I was soaked in sweat and had to take a shower.

jillybean720
01-07-2008, 06:44 AM
So, get this. Yesterday the scale said 277. Today it said 274.5.
Scales suck that way--very inconsistent due to normal body fluctuations, water intake/retention, etc. That's why a lot of people only weigh once a week or so instead of every day. If you were that sweaty after your DDR game, I'd be inclined to think part of it was water. Not trying at all to discourage you or discount your loss--just don't get too upset if it goes back up a little in the next few days, even if you eat completely on plan :^:

mj5
01-07-2008, 07:50 AM
Good Morning! I feel much better today. I chose not to exercise yesterday either--my knee was still pretty sore, so I decided to rest and ice rather than push it. Hopefully that was the right decision. Today I am going back to the gym--the plan is arms/shoulder weight workout and some cardio. If my knee feels ok, I'll do some more cardio or yoga when I get home too.

Yesterday I tried this new recipe--from Ellie Krieger on Food Network--one of my 'hobbies'...watching Food Network for ideas! It was SO good. Even hubby really liked it! It was with shrimp and tomatoes, garlic, yum!

Today I should get more info about the work drama, I am interested, but not, if that makes any sense. Like I said--I hope it works into something + for me! That probably sounds bad, but I am kind of sick of working so hard to 'help' all the time and then getting stuck picking up the pieces when things fall apart! It's not that I don't get recognized, because I do, it's just SO much work. Ok, enough whining!!!

Jillybean--thanks for getting us started!

Purplefirefly--CONGRATS on 3 days in a row! I know you can do 4! (and 5 and 6....)

Nicole--Good luck at work today, not that you'll need it, of course!

Rake--WOW!

And.......official weigh in day.......I am down 2 lbs!!!! I am SO excited!!!!!!!

Ok, I need to go change my ticker!

Hi to everyone else! Check in please. Let us know how you are doing!

Beverlyjoy
01-07-2008, 07:51 AM
Hi folks - Jill - SO GLAD you started the post. I look for it everyday!

I had a good day yesterday. My food went well and everything fell into place. (I wish all days were like yesterday.) Had a great storyteller's meeting and lead a good workshop that people liked. I have one more week with no jobs - I can continue to baby my back and hope it heals before I have to get back into the swing of things.

water, water, water,
journal food and feelings
stretches
ice and heat
phone calls, emails and letters for work
PMA - positive mental attitude

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, peanut butter toast, applesauce
snack - carrots
lunch - turkey pastrami and lite cheese openface sandwich on whole wheat, veggies and dip
snack - yogurt and flax
dinner - 12 grain pancakes, sugar free syrup, turkey sausage
snack - cherrios, banana, milk

Jill - your plan looks good! :) Yes, sometimes it's good to concentrate on one thing and add in more as time goes on.

Rakel - so wonderful that the scale went down. :carrot: It's great - even if it's partially water weight, down is down and that's GREAT.

Purple - down a pound is so, so awesome. :D I am glad you've been on plan for a few days. I think once we do that...we can build on. YIPPEE! Good for you.

Mj5 - Glad your knee is feeling a bit better. :) Yes, I love the food network too. I get many ideas from it. I like to try new recipes - did one last night and DH liked it. Yay.

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthful day!

Beverly;)

GirlyGirlSebas
01-07-2008, 08:12 AM
Good morning, 3FC Friends.

Jill - Thanks for getting us started this week. Sounds like you have a great plan for the week. Can't wait to hear of your weight losses.
Purple - Congratulations on making it through 3 perfect on-plan days and congratulations on losing a pound! :carrot:
Rakel - Congratulations on your 2 1/2 pound loss! :carrot:
MJ - Congratulations on losing 2 pounds! :carrot:
Beverly - Glad everything fell into place for you yesterday. Hope today goes just as well.

Today is day 4 on-plan for me and its weigh-in day. I lost .8 of a pound. Not a stellar loss, but a great beginning...especially because I was showing a 3 pound gain on Thursday from all of my overeating. I have planned most of my menu for the day. Hubby still hasn't decided what's for dinner, so my evening snack will depend on dinner's calorie count. I have decided to track my calories in addition to following Southbeach. I'm starting off with 1700 per day. I'm also getting back on the treadmill today for 30 minutes with no incline. I'm hoping the knees don't start hurting again. I found some templates on our home computer that I'm going to use. One is for tracking my calories (I have no patience for fitday,etc) and one will be for tracking my exercise. I also track my weight loss on a graph. I love to see the line moving downward! So, I'm all organized and ready to keep going.

MJ, my Dad just told me recently that he had problems with his knees two years ago. He used to be a runner and now speed walks four times a week for 4 miles. He started taking Osteo Bi-flex and, within 6 weeks, his knees stopped hurting. He said he's had no problems since. I've started taking it, so I'll let you know if it helps any. Incidentally, my brother, who used to run, has started having knee problems. And, I used to run. Sounds like a trend here, huh?

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day. Please don't forget to post your weight losses on the weigh-in thread. This really helps motivate all of us.

Purplefirefly
01-07-2008, 09:32 AM
We had our coldest days of the winter last week...and now we are jumping back into the 70s for a couple days :?: this has been the strangest weather year...but I am taking advantage and will be out at the track walking this morning...first chance out with my MP3 player :trampo:

Sebas--I have been thinking about starting the C25K program, but what you describe is why I have hesitated. I thinking running heavy would make it even more likely to wear the knees down. Good job letting go of those extra pounds...you'll be down a couple next week if you keep going!

Rakel--Yay on a couple pounds gone :carrot: now see how wonderful that feels and keep going!

Beverly--YOu did it yesterday, you can do it again today.

I am determined to make this day 5 of being completely on plan...so need to go figure my calories for the week and head to the track.

kissingginger
01-07-2008, 11:58 AM
Hi everyone!

Yesterday I stayed completely "on plan" too and it felt great. What did not feel good was a 2 lb weight gain this morning. I am not a happy camper! Although I suspect TOM is on it's way, I'm not sure as I've never kept track, but I will start to.

So today's plan:

breakfast: oatmeal, tea, water
snack: 2 apples
lunch: salad & 100 grams of weighed beef
snack: hummus and ryvita & carrots
dinner: chicken & veggies (probably green beans & tomatoes)

No snacking tonight after dinner!

Hope you guys all have a great day! congrats to everyone who LOST - I get so excited reading about your progress.

Tomorrow I am getting on that scale and it's going to move down.!!!!!

Purplefirefly
01-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Ginger I heard Jillian Michaels say this to someone else on her radio program yesterday: "Don't freak out when you stay the same or even gain a pound or two, because that is going to happen. Just be happy that you are on the right track." She said even if you are completely on plan you can still gain a pound or two, but it is not a big deal, just part of the process. It gave me some comfort as I am the queen of losing just 1 lb. a week no matter how hard I try for more.

kissingginger
01-07-2008, 12:25 PM
Purplefirefly! Thanks so much for those words of wisdom. I have posted in the accountability thread, and I have every intention of staying on track again today. In the past, I would have just given up, but not this time. I know the foods I am eating are better, so there is no reason why I should continue to gain.

Thanks again for the encouragement!!!

Ginger

nicolen
01-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Morning everyone!

First weigh in of the year and I'm exactly the same. I'm not that worried about that - my muscles are quite sore so I know I'm retaining a lot of water. Eating wise, I haven't been perfect, but I haven't been that bad either.

I'm pleased yesterday's over. You know how it is when you go into something and know it's going to be a nightmare but you've still got to do it. Yeah, that was yesterday. Never less than 50 calls waiting all day and if one more person said something like: "Wow, you're busy today" or "I don't have the time to wait this long", I would not have been responsible for my actions! Still, it's over with now. Today will be better.

Didn't get to the gym yesterday, but I will today.

Jill, your diet's looking good. Great start!

Purple, good luck with day 5!

Rakel, down is down! Don't question it, just go with it!

MJ, good luck with the work situation! Hopefully things will pan out for you!

Beverly, awesome stuff!

Rhonda, a loss is a loss! Keep it up!

Ginger, it sounds like it could be water weight and gone before you know it!

Enjoy your day, everyone! :hug:

Purplefirefly
01-07-2008, 02:21 PM
OMG I just went to the grocery store and spent $35, and this is what I got for that:

2-National Hebrew Reduced Fat Sausage
1-Oscar Meyer Chicken Strips
2-South Beach Pizzas
1-South Beach Chicken Monterey Wraps
1-South Beach Chicken Salad kit
1-South Beach 100 calorie snack bars
1-Cherry Tomatoes, fresh
1-bag shredded lettuce
1-Large Eggland's Best Eggs
1-Hormel Natural Choice Chicken Breast strips
2-Healthy Ones Smoked Sausage
1-Breyer's Light Yogurt (it was free)
1-Arnold's 100% whole grain bread
Bag pretzels and cookes (daughter's snack day at school Thursday)
Welch's Jelly
Breakfast cookies from bakery
Cream cheese roll (it was a buck and I had a moment of weakness :(

All for $35! I could not believe it! We normally don't eat all the frozen and cold things, like the South Beach pizzas and salads, etc. but I got them practically FREE, so figured let's give them a try. I will report on the new products thread as I get through them this week...they do look yummy though, and lunch time is almost here. I've been craving pizza, so I think I'll pop one of those in and see if it fixes that problem :)

Purplefirefly
01-07-2008, 02:25 PM
Purplefirefly! Thanks so much for those words of wisdom. I have posted in the accountability thread, and I have every intention of staying on track again today. In the past, I would have just given up, but not this time. I know the foods I am eating are better, so there is no reason why I should continue to gain.

Thanks again for the encouragement!!!

Ginger

I can't copy her tone of course typing, but when she said that, she it had the context that gaining a pound or staying the same is a natural part of it, and doesn't have to mean you are doing anything wrong. Just keep going, do your best...but also be honest if there is something maybe you are slacking on ya know? But if you know you are healthier and giving it your all then keep on going. I have a lot of weeks I lose nothing, then others that I put so much into it and only lose 1 pound...it can just be slower for some of us I guess :shrug:

CT Cabo Girl
01-07-2008, 03:15 PM
Here's my goal for the week

Water - 64 oz a day
Carbs - 10 a day
Exercise - 20 a day

mj5
01-08-2008, 06:52 AM
Hi everyone! Just wanted to pop in quick...things are going to be super busy at work, so I don't know how much I will be around today. I didn't get to the gym yesterday--didn't get out of work until super late. I came home and did a 2 mile watp dvd, so that was better than nothing. Food has been great, water not good--so that's the focus for today.

I WILL get to the gym today. I cannot get hung up on 'old' bad habits--work too late, then skip the gym...not a road I am willing to go down again!

We can all do this!!!!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-08-2008, 08:18 AM
Good morning, Accountability Friends!

Today is day 5 on-plan and I'm still feeling a bit rough. Starting to think its a sinus infection giving me these headaches and not the sugar detox. Will make a doctor's appointment today to get things checked out. Didnt get on the treadmill yesterday. I need to make that a priority or I won't lose much at all. Tracked my calories and ended up with around 1400 for the day. My goal was 1700. I felt like I was eating constantly and I wasn't hungry at all, but I still fell short.

Purple - How was the running with the MP3? And congrats on getting all of those grocery items for only $35.00! How did you like the Southbeach pizza? I love Southbeach, but I haven't grown real found of their products. But, I'm always on the lookout for something that tastes great and keeps me on-plan.
Ginger - I'm glad you're not letting those two pounds bring you down. As long as you're staying on-plan, the weight loss will catch up to you soon.
Nicole - Congratulations on maintaining! And for the sore muscles.....you'll look great with your new muscles!
CT :welcome2:
MJ- Your dedication to exercise is awesome. I need to take a page from your book and get my butt moving.

My plan for today: 1700 calories of on-plan food and 30 minutes of walking on the treadmill.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

Beverlyjoy
01-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Hi folks - made it through another day. Glad for that.

Well, if my back doesn't show significant improvement...I am heading back to the doctor next week to see the next step. I can't seem to do any exercising...I'd like to...but it irratates my back. :( I can't do any weight baring exercises because of any old foot injury from a couple of years ago. :(Oh well - just doin' the best I can. :)

Today's plans:

Breakfast - ff cottage cheese with pear, peanut butter toast
snack - asparagus
lunch - leftover chicken and brown rice, roasted veggies
snack - crackers, fruit
dinner - french toast, turkey sausage, sugar free syrup
snack - oatmeal, flax, milk

water, water, water,
meditation
pma - positive mental attitude

I'll come back to catch up with everyone. Gotta run. Have a great and healthy day.

Purplefirefly
01-08-2008, 09:12 AM
mj--I give you props, because I don't know that I could have the committment you do while working. To work late, come home tired, and still pop in a 2 mile workout shows incredible committment and I applaud that.

Rhonda--The track was great! I walked two miles, but then that toe was killing me so I stopped. I will have to go see the doctor I guess, it only hurts when I walk outside on a track like that. I tried several different pair of walking shoes over the summer and it's the same thing. The SB pizzas are okay, but I won't be paying full price for them. If I can get them for a dollar again I might because it was nice to have pizza and not feel guilty, but it wasn't really good, or really bad, if that makes sense :)

I have to skip the track today because DD wasn't looking like she felt good this morning and might come home from school. She insisted she was fine, but I could tell...She hates to miss school, so I need to stick close to home in case she breaks down and goes to the nurse.

Ya'll I had my second binge of the year last night. I wrote it down in my little book and I know what was behind it and have a plan to tackle that next time around. This is the week before TOM I think, which I get intense cravings so I might struggle to stick to calories. I did calculate my extra calories from last night, then took them out of the extra calories for the week and subtracted from other days of the week so my total for the week will not be thrown off...BUT I am learning the patterns behind it and I feel I will be able to conquer this by end of the year :strong:

Schmoodle
01-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Morning chicks, sorry I haven't been around much, but this is turning out to be a busy week. Kids are back to regularly scheduled activities, customers are back to work and wanting to make up for lost time, and DH is leaving for a job in 2 weeks and will be gone for 4 mos, so we are trying to tie up lots of loose ends before he goes. I also have a business trip planned for tomorrow, which may or may not happen, but it will be only one night in any case.

But I am still here and still on plan! One week of SB Ph1 is down and one more week to go. Here's today:

B - Spinach frittata, V8, coffee with milk
S - string cheese
L - chili, salad
S - celery with peanut butter, latte
D - Cream of Broccoli Chicken Soup, salad
S - fudgesicle, Greek yogurt

Since it's nice out, I think I'll go hang out a wash before it gets too late! Have a good one chicks!

purple you are doing great, I know you will get those binges under control! Sounds like you hit a great sale, how fun is that!?
Rhonda, those detox headaches can be fierce, so it may not be sinuses. I haven't cared for any of the SB products I've tried, but then I don't really like any of the frozen convenience foods I've tried. And since SB focuses on getting away from processed stuff, I think it's ironic they've got a line at all!
Good morning mj5, nicolen, beverlyjoy, and anybody I've missed. Have a great day!

mj5
01-08-2008, 08:04 PM
Hi everyone! I will get caught up with each of you soon, it's has just been SUPER hectic at work...still waiting to hear if I will benefit!

This morning I did a one mile watp AND I left work closer to on time and went straight to the gym. I marched myself right into the free weight room...wow, I still have to give myself a pep talk to walk into that part of the gym from time to time...usually the only female in there, but that's ok! I did my arm/shoulder workout and 20 mins on the bike.

Ok, I really need to get some dinner...luckily we are having leftovers, so it's an easy dinner to fix!

Have a great night!

kissingginger
01-08-2008, 10:42 PM
Hi everyone!

Thanks for the kind words Girlygirl :) I am trying hard not to get down. Here's what happened today:

breakfast: oatmeal and berries
snack: apple
lunch: bowl of homeade veggie soup with barley and 6 crackers (90 cal for 8 crackers)
WORKOUT: 55 minutes on the treadmill between 3.0-3.7....I find I can workout longer if after about 1/2 hour, I go down to 3.1, 3.2 and just walk at a steady pace)
snack: yikes: another bowl of soup -much smaller one though:)
dinner: potatoes ( no butter for me!) green beans and scrambled eggs. Making organic chicken herb and garlic sausage for the kids and hubby...but I don't like sausage anyhow, so I won't feel like I need some. I just needed to find some protein, and eggs seemed like the only idea.

Going to try NOT to snack tonight, but if I do - it will be a piece of fruit or something....
Do any other binge eaters struggle with evening snack? Do you have a snack, or do you avoid it? Do you avoid trigger foods that you know cause you to binge? Please let me know what works for you.

Thanks!
Ginger

Purplefirefly
01-08-2008, 11:08 PM
Ginger--I am a binge eater and struggle with the evenings. Once the kids are in bed that is usually when I would do it, so I fight that a lot (yesterday and today esp.). Sugar is my trigger food so I eliminate it completely...I was literally addicted and went through withdraws going off it but the binges are fewer and lower in calories without it. I try not to snack after the kids are in bed at all, because one little thing leads to a full out binge. I take long hot baths, call someone on the phone and chat, or just go to bed early. it is SO hard, but my goal this year is to get past this.

I wanted to binge tonight, but didn't do it! I exercised all through the biggest loser and am now drenched in sweat...going for a shower then off to bed :)

famograham
01-08-2008, 11:16 PM
Do any other binge eaters struggle with evening snack? Do you have a snack, or do you avoid it? Do you avoid trigger foods that you know cause you to binge?

I just spent the last two years regaining my previous loss of 40 pounds, plus another 28 pounds extra, I soooo know your pain. Most of that damage, probably 80% of it was done after dinner.

Right now, I am very newly back on plan (as of Jan 2) and am very gung ho. What I'm having right now at night is popcorn with white cheddar popcorn seasoning.

I do tend to save a chunk of calories for my nighttime snack, and when I'm on plan, it works great. At the moment, I'm even strong enough to live with the knowledge that hubby has a bag of doritos in the cupboard..I am proud of that..but it's very fleeting. If I feel I am struggling..or sneaking..I'll have to ask him not to buy them for himself even. Chips are my best friend and my worst enemy.

SO, I guess my answer is that sometimes I am strong enough to have in the house...and even eat a normal portion of my favourites and count them into my day, but mostly, I just can't have them around, or I'll devour them!
But I also believe that denying yourself everything that you love will NEVER work long term. We can't live our whole lives never having the things we love because it will possibly lead to mega binges. It's all about moderation...which is SO difficult for binger's like me.

How do you feel about it? Do you feel in control enough to have a snack without binging, or do you think it will set you off?

:hug:
Linda

kissingginger
01-09-2008, 12:00 AM
Purplefirefly- first of all - good for you for being drenched in sweat! I can't wait to watch TBL tonight, it's taping and I will watch it soon. I agree, once the kids are in bed I am TWITCHY for food. I could definitely go from salty/crunchy to sweet and back again in one night - OUCH! I am trying hard to curb that with decaf herbal teas and lots of water. I haven't yet got to the point of figuring out my calories, so I have no idea at the end of the day what I have left -GWIM? My goal is to get past this binge issue this year as well :) let's help each other!

Linda- thanks for all your thoughts! I am with you - sometimes I feel strong enough and sometimes it just can't be around. The other day DH made popcorn, I had some, no butter just a bit of salt, and he didn't finish his - his was full of butter etc....even the next day it was still in his office - I was like -throw that STUFF in the garbage or I will eat it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL. But the cravings are real and not fun to deal with at all. (BTW - I live on the island as well and I just started back eating healthier Jan 2 too!)

I have a feeling some things will set me off - I think mainly sweet things will make me want something more....but I am too afraid to even experiment. Tonight I decided carrots were safe with homemade hummus....and it's been good so far - it's made me feel fuller and the crunchy feeling was there.

Thanks for your support you guys - makes me feel good I am not alone in this binge eating mentality.

Okay I'm off to watch the biggest loser (and NOT snack!)
Ginger

rakel
01-09-2008, 12:10 AM
Sometimes, I dig into the unhealthy snacky stuff just because I'm starved and I need to eat right now. But even then, I try to keep nuts around, usually a handful of those will tide me over while I cook something.

mj5
01-09-2008, 07:12 AM
Ok, here is my attempt to get caught up! If I missed someone it was not on purpose...it's just early and I just finished a 1 mile fast watp walk!

Purplefirefly--How do you like your mp3 player? Isn't this weather crazy? Yesterday I was at the gym, it was in the 60's, so the windows were open--I looked outside and there were still big snowbanks! Crazy! It's in the 50's today, but going to get cold again soon. Wow, awesome bargain grocery shopping! Thanks, the thing I have to work and I know I have to exercise, so it's a matter of making it a priority. Some days I have to drag my butt to the gym and I must admit I don't give it my all, but I try to keep my routine if nothing else.

Rhonda--I know you can do this! I am impressed with your dedication to sugar detox! I am not sure I could do that! I have cut back, but not sure I could eliminate!

kissingginger--Yea! Another on plan day!

Nicole--Great attitude--that's right, tomorrow is another day! Keep up the good work!

CT Cabo Girl--Welcome!

Beverlyjoy--YEA another day! I hope your back gets getter!!

Schmoodle--Wow, you have been busy! That's awesome that you have been on plan through it all! Keep ut the great work!

Linda--Welcome!

Today I plan on going to the gym right after work for legs/back--weights and cardio. I feel like I have found my stride again with working out, BUT this is also my danger zone....in the past I get too comfortable and start to think it's ok to miss workouts here and there, before I know it, I have blown my routine.

The good news is, I am aware of this--not usually the case. Also--I just feel different this time. I am loving what I am doing--I actually enjoy getting up in the morning and doing a dvd before work--either a watp or yoga (that still totally blows me away!) and I look forward to MY time at the gym after work again--most days. I will admit, there are still days when I hear that voice in the back of my head trying to convince me that I don't need to go just for today. The good new is, it is more of a whisper these days!

I know we can all do this!!! Have a great on plan day!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-09-2008, 08:17 AM
Good morning, Everyone!

I have a very full day ahead of me, so I need to keep this short. Today is on-plan day 6. So far, so good. Unfortunately, the scales haven't started to move much. This is my story.....slow weight loss.:snail: I don't know if I'm retaining water or if my body is waiting for the exercise before it lets the fat go. Sometimes, this gets incredibly frustrating. Speaking of exercise, I finally got on the treadmill yesterday...30 minutes at 3.0 mph. Trying to follow the orthopaedist recommendation and not do too much too sun. Crazy thing is, my right knee is sore this morning. Should have been doing the prescribed exercises, too. I'm taking the Osteo Bi-flex and hoping my knees get with the program. Hubby is going to help me set up my weight training program today. Hopefully, I can build up my supporting muscles and have no problems.

Today's plan - 1700 calories of SB friendly foods and 30 minutes on the treadmill.

Well, I better get some work done as I have a ton. Also,have a doctor's appointment today. Think I have a sinus infection. Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

Beverlyjoy
01-09-2008, 10:24 AM
Hi Folks - I did well yesterday. I am trying to not do alot and let my back heal. Next week I start back into working (storytelling & puppet performances) more & I want it to be better. I haven't been able to exercise and it is frustrating me. It's probably why I didn't show a loss at the scale today. I know that it's the process of eating healthfully in the long run that is the most important thing - the weight going down is what I want too - but, I must be consistent in eating well.

ice and heat
meditation
water!

food

breakfast - "fried" brown rice with egg whites and onions, pear, flax
snack - clemintine
lunch - open face turkey pastrami and lite cheese, roasted veggies
snack - peanut butter toast, apple
dinner - HC pizza, green bean salad
snack - cherrios, milk, raisins

mj5 - glad you got your workout in the day you couldn't get to the gym Good for you!!! And, then getting to the gym the next day is wonderful.

Rhonda - 5 out of 5 is fantastic. Keep it up! Hope your doctor can give you something for your sinus infection to make you feel better.

Schmoodle - so glad you've been on plan. YAY

Ginger - Yes, I avoid binge food. I have too. I usually have cereal, fruit and milk for an evening snack or peanut butter toast or cinimmon toast.

Rakel - yes, nuts help me too when I get a craving...usually almonds.

Linda - glad you can stay out of the chips...and that you can ask hubby to get rid of them, if necessary. That's good. Keep up the good work.

Everyone...have a great and healthy day.

Purplefirefly
01-09-2008, 12:14 PM
I tried my SB cranberry walnut chicken salad kit for lunch just now...and I really like it! It was well worth the fifty cents I paid for it :lol: even though I didn't think I would like it. It's small chicken chunks with cranberries, walnuts, and light mayo. It was SO good! It also comes with SF jello and a a pack of wheat pita chips to eat the salad on. I will now buy the stuff and make the salad myself for much less than the regular price...and it's so yummy I won't need the chips :)

I avoided a binge last night be exercising all the way through BL, then taking a hot bath, talking on phone to hubby, and finally going to bed. I feel completely out of that danger zone today and the scale was down another pound, so I have hopes for Monday's weigh in.

I am off to the grocery store, new sales started today and I have some coupons, so will buy 3 packs of Healthy Ones lunchmeat and 6 cups of Yoplait yogurt for $4.50...can't beat that ;)

nicolen
01-09-2008, 12:32 PM
Morning everyone!

Not sure what happened to me yesterday - I just had one of those mornings where I completely lost track of time! Oh well - here now!

I'm doing OK on the eating side of things, but the scales aren't really showing it, which is annoying. I need to check my measurements and see if they're at least moving because it's getting frustrating being at the same weight since New Years Day.

Todays plan is: work and gym and depending on how hot it is and how I feel, I might go for a walk this evening.

Have fun everyone! :hug:

mj5
01-09-2008, 01:07 PM
Hi again!

Rhonda--So frustrating when the scale doesn't reflect our efforts, but it will catch up!!! Take care of that knee! Oh, I forgot to tell you before, let me know about the Bi-Flex. Have fun w/ the weight training! I know for me, that's when I started seeing more results.

Beverlyjoy--Hang in there! I know it is SO frustrating when you are sidelined by an injury, but you CAN do this!

Purplefirefly--Awesome!! Keep it up, I know you can!

Nicole--I'd be willing to be you are losing inches! Hope it's not too hot for you today.

I am making time to eat a good, healthy lunch today. I did eat a decent lunch yesterday, it was just kind of whenever I stopped working long enough to take a couple of bites....NOT good. I have to remind myself to stop and take a break. I can only do so much--the rest will wait.

Have a great rest of the day!

Purplefirefly
01-09-2008, 01:48 PM
nicolen--I know it is so frustrating to not see the scale drop when you are working so hard...but realize that it's only been a week since new years day, so you haven't been stalled that long. There is still hope for next weigh in, just keep on going and you'll see the drop you deserve :hug:

mj--I wish you a world of success today and the rest of the week.

Beverly--There is a lot of people not losing right now for various reasons I suppose...I stayed the same last week then just got 1 lb. this week, can be so frustrating, esp. with all the newbies posting huge losses as they just start out. We'll make it though...no turning back!

This is the hardest week of the month for me, the week befor TOM. I have a lot of cravings and just this constant desire to eat..and I kind of never really feel full for long, so it's making my calorie counting really hard. I did give into the binge on Monday night but took the calories from other days of the week, making it a bit harder right now. I am determined to make it to the end of the week without going over my weekly limit...DETERMINED! This is when I normally say "forget it, I'm just going to eat" and then spend the next two weeks working off the consequence. NOT THIS MONTH!

I have already had 730 calories and have 1400 for the day, and still feel like just eating. I am going to exercise, then go get my daughter and start the whole evening schedule and that should help distract me...I hope :( I am just trying to stay within my calories and get as much protein as possible, just forget about the fat gram limits I can't be that careful this week. The scale is going down and I feel lighter, so I guess I am okay :^:

ADDED MOMENTS LATER: I just reread my post from a couple hours ago and wonder what happened to that "out of the danger zone" feeling? I feel completely in binge mode but am not giving in. Off for Petra's cardio sport workout, that one kicks my butt and should kill some cravings.

famograham
01-09-2008, 03:41 PM
Purplefly, we were working out at the same time :lol: How did it go...do you get yourself out of binge mode?

I came to post something I am proud of, and I don't see an exercise thread so this looked like the best place.
I just got off the treadmill for the second day in a row :woops:

Two days in a row is sad, but good for me. Now I just have to keep on doin' it whether I feel like it or not!

Yesterday, I did 30 minutes- 1 mile
Today 35 minutes- 1.25 mile

Linda

kissingginger
01-09-2008, 04:53 PM
Purple : hang in there - I really know how hard it is. I especially have a hard time too with TOM and the week before ---the cravings are unreal. I'm struggling too and I'm trying to find healthy things to snack on that don't have many calories.

Famograham: congrats on the getting to the treadmill twice -keep it up!. I'm heading to mine now!
Hi everyone,

Yesterday I stayed on plan, did 55 minutes of walking on the treadmill (at 3.0-3.7) and I planed a snack after dinner of baby carrots and hummus. It's didn't set off any cravings (which was great!) and I felt really full and satisfied. Today I am weighing in at 264. Feels good!

So here's the plan today:

breakfast: oatmeal & tea
snack: apple
lunch: veggie soup & 6 crackers
snack: hummus and carrots
dinner: I am making broccoli, chicken wings and heating up potatoes for the family: I will eat the broccoli, potatoes (no butter) and ??????? trying hard to think what to make myself for protein....I might just end up with scrambled eggs again! I think the chicken wings (no matter what I put on them) will be too high in calories...is my gut instinct true? anyone know?

After lunch, I plan to take the kids to the playroom, workout a minimum of 30 minutes and have a shower.

Cheers everyone and have a great day!
Ginger

Purplefirefly
01-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Okay, I resorted to eating plain iceburg lettuce this afternoon :lol: i had the serious munchies, it was like torture...hormones seriously SUCK!!! I know lettuce has no nutrition to it, but it is also a "free" food for me when I am low on calories...so I rinsed off an entire head and sat it on the counter. Within a couple hours I had munched through almost all of it :eek: Oh well, at least it won't undo the scale and I won't need as much water today, it kept my thirst very well satisfied.

cckayac
01-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Well today is over from work what a crazy day. Other than I did book my flight to HI for March 25th 3 weeks wow that will be a great vacation I may have issues returning from paridise island. Going to visit my new grand baby hey I am a young gram only 53. One which now has a real goal to get into shape quick. I worked out last night for 25 min. on the treadmill and aquatic water exercise with some kick boxing moves wow it was crazy!!!!!!! But a nice workout for sure. Todays intake was good.
B- 2 eggs poached 2 wholewheat toast, few potatoes
L-salad, can of water tuna, croutons, veggies and a fresh pear low cal dres.
D-vension steak, peppers, onions, steamed gr. beans and a half of baked pot. with a little marg.
Tea, water and blk coffee for drinks today.
Ginger sometimes I take chicken breast and cut them in strips saute in a little olive oil or cook them in geoge f. and then make wing dipping sauce with hot sauce, little white vinegar and some except. marg or butter oh so good and not as bad for us. I love wings too making good choices is tough.
tAKE CARE EVERYONE.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-10-2008, 08:27 AM
Good morning, 3FC Friends!

I'm a bit sore this morning. Took a spill yesterday afternoon on a small puddle of water that youngest DD dripped on my bathroom floor. I didn't think this "more mature" woman could still do the splits! I did come down rather hard on my right knee...arghh. Its a bit bruised this morning. I'm just hoping that I haven't triggered more ongoing pain that will keep me off the treadmill. Looks like I really need to get my butt in gear with the workouts because the scales still aren't moving for me. I don't understand. Usually, the first one or two weeks of being back on-plan result in a really good loss of 4-5 pounds. I'm incredibly frustrated. We always hear that its a simple equation of calories consumed versus calories expended. Well, my calories have been between 1200-1500 every day since I re-started on Friday. But, I'm not giving up. There is a secret to getting my weight to start dropping again. I just haven't figured out what it is yet!

Beverly and Nicole - As you can see, I understand about the scales not moving for you. If we're persistent, it will happen. Right?
MJ - How was lunch?
Linda - 2 days in a row of treadmill is awesome!
Ginger - great job of defeating the cravings with some healthy baby carrots & hummus! :carrot:
Purple - great job of defeating your munchies with lettuce! For some reason, the thought of munching out on lettuce makes me giggle!:D
cckayac - Congratulations, Grandma! A trip to Hawaii sounds exciting...especially to see your tiny family member.

I ended up cancelling yesterday's doctor's appointment. I think I've been suffering with sugar withdrawal and not a sinus infection. I was feeling a whole lot better and saw no need to go on antibiotics. Didn't get to set up my weight lifting regimen. Oldest DD needed an emergency orthodontic appointment. And, didn't get on the treadmill as my fall made me a bit sore. I'm just full of excuses, huh? So, today's plan: I will continue to track my calories, however, today I will make sure I stay with Southbeach approved foods only. I will drink at least 64 oz of water (maybe I'm retaining?) And, I will get on the treadmill for 30 minutes and begin my weight training regimen.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day!

Beverlyjoy
01-10-2008, 10:10 AM
Hi...I overate last night. Totally because I am frustrated with my back and foot pain. I did, however, stopped myself before I went too far. I am thankful for that. (about 500 calories). I've planned for a healthy day today.

Tonight, I start a class about eating and emotions. This should be good, I think.

journal food and food values
water
meditation

breakfast - cottage cheese, banana, peanut butter toast, flax
snack - clementine
lunch - corn pancake & turkey sausage, veggies and dip
snack - cinn. toast, applesauce
dinner - lean cuisine sesame chicken

Purple - WOW - eating a head of lettuce...that's a wonderful approach to wanting to eat. I am proud of you!! :carrot: You are really trying to work thru the urge to binge - exercise and all. Thanks for your kind words about me not losing this week.:hug:

Nicolen -good plan...checking out your measurements when not losing at the scale is a great idea. :)

Mj5 -Yes, you're right...stop and take a break and enjoy your food, so you know you've eaten it.:)

LInda - YAY great exercise. :carrot:.......the treadmill is awesome. Good for you.

Ginger - Hooray for staying on plan. :D Excellent and a good plan.

Rhonda - Hope you feel OK today from your fall. - ugh! You are doing great!:D

Everyone...have a healthy and great day. :D

Beverly

Purplefirefly
01-10-2008, 11:13 AM
Rhonda--:hug: You are just having it rough, aren't ya? I hope the knee feels better soon, and I feel the same way when the scale refuses to budge. Definitely bump up the water and just keep going, you know it will happen. Our bodies just aren't on the same timing as our brainds are sometimes. I bet you'll have a big loss coming soon...maybe TOM coming maybe?

Beverly--That class sounds like great. Share if you learn anything new and interesting.

Once again, I felt strong this morning now it is starting to wear off. I don't understand that! I'm having slight cramping and signs of ovulation :^: which means the cravings will be gone before long. Hubby is still sitting in Texas, they couldn't find him a load back any further :cry: he's been gone over a week and I miss him. BUT, the scale was down another pound this morning, so I am looking at at least 2 lb. down this week if I keep going. I can do it...finally more than 1 lb. :lol:

mj5
01-10-2008, 02:23 PM
Hi everyone! Just popping in quick! I didn't make it to the gym last night. I was SO tired by the end of a VERY long day at work. I also went from the first floor to the third floor of our building at least 9 times (I stopped counting after 9)--we don't have an elevator, so it was ALL stairs. Not using that as an excuse, but I was just too darn tired.

This am I did a 1 mile fast watp dvd and I am going to the gym for at least 30 mins of cardio then to the grocery store to stock up on some yummy foods!

I will catch up with everyone again soon....it may not be until Friday night or even the weekend. I am thinking about you and know that you can all do this! Even though I am busy, I am taking care of myself though I do need to make sure I am drinking more water!

LaurieDawn
01-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Hey all!

I have been largely MIA over the past month. Holidays, of course, and five kids with strep throat, plus a bout of it myself. I am all for exercising through illness if possible, but the strep really knocked me out of things. So, I am coming back slowly, trying to get back into a regular, high-intensity exercise schedule.

I have only maintained through the past month, despite a determination to lose weight. But, I am very happy that I was able to maintain through stress, illness, and lots of food being shoved in my face. It gives me hope. I've really worried that I would work hard through the weight loss, then focus on other areas of my life, and all of the weight (plus, of course, the dreaded "more") would find its way back. Thankfully, blissfully, that didn't happen.

So, now I'm ready to lose again. Strangely, I don't feel as motivated (read: completely obsessed) as before to "get to goal weight." I just want to let go of the next twenty pounds. If I make it through that, I will re-evaluate. Somehow, I can imagine living my life quite content at 160 pounds, even if it's technically 11 pounds over what would be considered a "normal" BMI by the National Institute of Health.

So, we'll see. But I am highly motivated to lose this next twenty pounds. And I am here for accountability again so that I can make that happen!

famograham
01-10-2008, 06:59 PM
I'm freaking out a little bit! Food's right on plan, and I got my butt on the treadmill for the 3rd day in a row. I'm very proud of these things! I'm losing and feeling fantastic about the near future.

BUT, for the first time in five years since Talia was a baby, I HAD A JOB INTERVIEW TODAY!!! :fr:
It was so sudden, although I've known that I need to get a job since September. I emailed a local Spa resort (Tigh-Na-Mara), inquiring about whether they had openings in the housekeeping department where one could work flexible hours. I need to work only while the kids are in school so they don't feel like I'm working. I didn't expect anything. WELL, the woman I emailed said she'd forward it to their executive housekeeper and get her to call me. I didn't think she would, but she DID...it was 12:15 and she wanted to see me at 1:00!!!:fr:

So I went! Got all prettied up and headed out. The lady was nice, and said their dept. is like a family. She asked me a bunch of questions and it went quite well I think. They have NO problem with giving the hours of 9:30-2:30.

I am TERRIFIED!!! She said she'd speak to her boss and give me a call in the next couple of days.

I could actually be making money VERY soon! And have the kids be unaffected by me working! I can drop them at school and pick them up and they'll never really know the difference! AND, I think this place's starting wage is $10.00 and hour, which, for me...is great Minimum wage here right now is $8.00.
I can also imagine that this job would only help me to lose weight...mega tons of stairs and lugging a basket of supplies and a vacuum up and down them all day...

I am freaked...excited..and scared!
Of course..I may not get it.

Eeek!

Linda

kissingginger
01-10-2008, 07:10 PM
OMG - Linda!!!!

First: congratulations on the treadmill !!! Awesome job.

Second: If any of my boys had been girls Talia was my very first choice...it's close to my real name (my real name is not Ginger!! hahaha)

Third: How EXCITING about tigh-na-mara.....for those who don't know it's a premier spa and resort location on Vancouver Island. I'm actually headed there for a scrapbooking retreat in February (a christmas and birthday present from hubby)...
How wonderful - the hours and the exercise!!!!
Now you've got me here all nervous for you and hoping you get the job! Let us know!!

What excitement!
Ginger

famograham
01-10-2008, 07:28 PM
Thank you!!! You made me feel so much better! I*am*SO*nervous! After being home for 5 years...this is really scary!

Yes, Tigh-Na-Mara is beautiful...that so cool that you get to go in Feb.
We celebrated out 10th anniversary in the spa there and it was glorious. We got the "A Touch of Romance" package. I also spent two nights there last Christmas season with my Mom, Sister and a very dear friend. My Mom won the "Guilty Pleasures for Desperate Housewives" package! It was also really fun.

Ginger, are you going to spend any time in the spa? I highly recommend it!
I'll actually get discounts if I get the job!

My stomach is flip-flopping!

PS- Yes, Talia is a gorgeous name...and it was Rudy's idea too...good hubby!

Linda

Here's links to Tigh-Na-Mara and the Grotto Spa...in case you're interested!

http://www.tigh-na-mara.com/
http://www.grottospa.com/home.php

kissingginger
01-10-2008, 07:33 PM
I'm off to take the kids to piano class, so this is short -

DISCOUNTS???? !!!!!! I wanna a job there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, back later.
Congrats again :)
Ginger

Purplefirefly
01-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Linda--I am so excited for you, and I feel your nerves as well. I have not worked since I had my daughter, but plan on starting again once my son starts kindergarten...and I am neverous already, it's two years away still though :lol: you will do great, keep up the confidence.

I am really down tonight because hubby has been out two weeks, thought he was coming home this weekend but they changed his load and sent him to Chicago instead. He NEVER stays out three weeks straight...heck, two weeks is only done if he wants the load. We are pulling in a ton more $$ so I try not to complain, but we were both upset today that the plan changed. I am used to him being home one night during week plus every weekend...three weeks is a long time :cry: BUT so far still on plan with calories, though I am wanting to eat away the emotions. I think I'll just go to bed and watch Grey's Anatomy.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-11-2008, 08:45 AM
Good morning, 3FC Friends! Happy Friday!

Looks like our warm spell is over and cooler weather is coming back for us. I find myself wanting to overeat when its cold, so I need to be on guard and plan well for the weekend. The scales still haven't moved.:( I should have measured before I got back on-plan. I'll have to plan to measure this weekend, too. Hopefully, the inches are leaving despite the number on the scale.

Beverly - How was class?
MJ - 2 flights of stairs X 9 = a whole lotta workout! Who needs the gym on a day like that.
LaurieDawn - So glad you came back! And, congrats on maintaining through the holiday.
Linda - I'm so excited for you! Please let us know when you hear something. That place really is beautiful.
Purple - I'm sorry that Hubby will be away longer. That must be so lonely. Keep reminding yourself - the food won't take away the feelings!:hug:

The lack of movement on the scales is getting to me. I'm feeling more than a little depressed. Last evening, I took some time to read through some of the Goal posts to get re-newed motivation and some suggestions. I know that I need to make exercise a priority, so that is my focus for this weekend. Today, I will begin getting on the treadmill every day. I'll start with 30minutes at 3.0 mph. Also, I will put together my weight training regimen and start overhauling this body. And, I began reading the book that Hubby got me for Christmas, 'Winning By Losing' by Jillian Michaels to look for some suggestions. Hopefully, the scales will start cooperating with me soon.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

Beverlyjoy
01-11-2008, 09:18 AM
Hi folks....I made it thru yesterday eating well...I am glad. :)

Rhonda, my class on eating and emotions went well. It was really about introductions. We talked about where feelings are within us - feelings we are willing to talk about or ones deep inside. The leader taught us how to do deep breathing to deal with stress. (I do that every day when I meditate - one of the BEST things I ever learned to do). Our "homework" is to do deep breathing 5-10 minutes daily and to write a family tree - either of our relative's weight or their addictions. Or we can write about our spouses - and their food and eating expectation and it's dynamic in our family. I am going to do the writing. Also, one lady mentioned that drinking herb tea in the evening gets her through to the next day. I had forgotten about that - it's a good idea.

My plans for today:

meditation
water!!
ice and heat
letters to clients

breakfast - ff cottage cheese, pear, peanut butter toast
snack - flax (cooked like cereal), carrots
lunch - ham and pea soup, cauliflower
snack - apple, crackers
dinner - egg white/ff cheese/veggie omlette, turkey sausage, ww toast
snack - cereal, fruit, milk

Rhonda - I am sorry the scale isn't moving. That is very frustrating. When that happens to me - I try and muster up the strength to only weigh every two weeks. (I know it's hard to stay off the scale - we want that reinforcement)

Purple - sorry hubby will be gone another week. :hug: My husband travels for work too (sales) - it's hard when they are gone a long time. Hang in there!!

Linda - Good luck on the job interview! I hope it turns out the way you want it to. Also, great job on the treadmill. :D

Laurie Dawn - maintaining over the holidays is a huge success. :carrot: Good for you. Glad you've got renewed resolve.

Mj5 - good for you doing your DVD. :D That's great.

Everyone have a wonderful and healthful day. :D:D

Beverly

Purplefirefly
01-11-2008, 11:44 AM
Rhonda--I LOVE that book! Try the exercises in the back of the book...the 12 week schedule is the one I am doing. It showed me what a real workout really is :o.

Beverly--that class sounds very interesting! What is it about herbal tea that helps you get through the next day? I have never understood what it does or how that works?

Took DD to gymnastics last night and watching the girls in the advanced classes just amazes me! The exercises these girls do are unbelievable. Last night I saw a competition team practicing and I found myself wondering if I could do something like the "inch worm"--where they stand straight, bend down to the ground, with straight legs walk their arms out until they are parallel with the floor, kinda like plank but down lower and straighter, then they walk their straight legs up until they are bent upright again, then walk arms out, etc. all the way across the mats. It was amazing to watch, but I think I'd kill myself trying to do it at this weight :lol: it just makes me want to get out there and do it, too.

Anyway, we have to go back again tonight. There is a walking track that goes around the gym and I just can't bring myself to walk it while she's in class. I sit there for an hour wanting to walk, but no one else does and I'd have to walk right in front of them as I went around each time, and I just feel too embarrassed. You know, the fat girl trying to walk, they would probably laugh at me. I might try and make myself just do it tonight, because that would be an extra hour of exercise!

Beverlyjoy
01-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Purple - if you happen to like herbal tea - then it's a wonderful something to sip on instead of eating. I like chamomille, the cinnammon teas, decaf green tea (Bigellow is the best decaf green in my book) and many others. It's warm, tastey, kind of comfy and satisfying. :coffee: (good cold in the summer, too) I think that's how it works for some folks. And...there are no calories.

I agree - the folks that do gymnastics are amazing. Must be fun watching your daughter have fun with it.

Katy05
01-11-2008, 01:36 PM
Hi everyone! I've been registered since last March or so but took a hiatus (which was silly x1million). I'm back now and ready to hit the ground running yet again.

Today's menu:

B Special K vanilla almond, 1/2 banana, coffee
L Peppered steak with brown rice, broccoli and tomatoes
S Small Fuji apple (I've found Fuji apples to be the most delicious apple ever!)
D Going out for sushi - soooo excited!

Exercise 30 mins cardio and some light resistance training at the gym later tonight

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend, keep up the great work!!

famograham
01-11-2008, 02:08 PM
Rhonda, I know your pain! I lost 5.5 immediately it seems, but now...my scale isn't moving either. Not a big deal. I've promised myself I'm not going to freak out. I'm on day 11 perfectly on plan, and have to also remind myself that 5.5 in 11 days is great too!

It WILL move...it's just more fun to see it drop a pound every other day...you know?

Linda

famograham
01-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Hmm...I just threw together a salad for lunch and it's pretty tasty! I totally winged it.

1 cup green beans, cut into inch long pieces
1/2 cup snap peas cut in thirds
1 carrot grated
12 grape tomatoes

On top I put 30g of feta...it added enough flavour that I didn't need dressing, but am curious as to what you guys think would taste good as a dressing for this :dunno:

On the side I'm having 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese.

Does this sound good to you?

mj5
01-11-2008, 07:01 PM
Hi everyone! Phew, long day at work...but it's ok...it's the weekend! I don't have any plans. I am on-call for work, but hopefully I won't get any--or at least not many! Food and water were great so far today. Not sure what is for dinner, but I need to decide soon....they are cooking bacon at work and it smells SOOOOO good. I need to get out of here! I am not going to the gym--I knew I wasn't going today, so I did yoga and a 1 mile 'fast' watp dvd this morning. I have some errands to run and may do a little shopping. I deserve a little 'treat' for myself, it's been a busy week!

Purplefirefly--Thank you! That really made my day! Ugh, right before TOM is terrible for me too. I know you can do this. Good for you for working out!!!! I'm sorry hubby isn't coming home as planned. I hope he does get to come home soon. I hope you get out there and walk on that track! Maybe they are sitting there thinking they would like to walk too, but don't want to be the first one to do it! Take your mp3 player and get out there and do it! (Take a couple of deep breaths to psych yourself up! That's what gets me to walk into the free weight room at my gym...I am usually the only female and the guys are always SUPER muscular. Whatever. It isn't always easy. Sometimes I have to really talk myself into it. But I do it. You can too!)

Famograham--Three days in a row is AWESOME!!! Wow! The job sounds great!

Kissingginger--Great job!

cckayac--I can't wait to hear about your vacation!!!

Rhonda--Oh no! How are you? I hope your knee is ok! The scale will get there. I bet you are losing inches!

Beverlyjoy--How is your foot/back? How was your class?

LaurieDawn--Welcome back!

Katy05--Welcome!

Nicole--How are you?

Rakel--How are you doing?

Sara--Haven't heard from you in a while, hope things are ok.

Not sure what my workouts will be this weekend. I probably won't go into the gym, but I will do at least a 2 mile watp dvd each day.

Ok, off to do my shopping! Have a great night!

midwife
01-11-2008, 07:27 PM
Anyway, we have to go back again tonight. There is a walking track that goes around the gym and I just can't bring myself to walk it while she's in class. I sit there for an hour wanting to walk, but no one else does and I'd have to walk right in front of them as I went around each time, and I just feel too embarrassed. You know, the fat girl trying to walk, they would probably laugh at me. I might try and make myself just do it tonight, because that would be an extra hour of exercise!

Purple, I hope that you will use that time to walk around the track. That's what it is for after all, and I bet if anyone thinks anything at all when they see you walking, they will think "That's a good idea!" Who knows you may prompt someone else to get out there and walk too! Someone else may be wanting to walk but is too shy. You'll start a trend! :hug:

Beverlyjoy
01-12-2008, 10:14 AM
Hi folks - I made it thru another day with healthy eating. I've been taking care of my back and foot - (ice on foot - alternating ice and heat on back) I am feeling some improvement.

I kind of feel like a lump - not moving much. I'll get out today a bit - I need a change of scenery!

Today's plans:
do some writing for my class
letters
journal food
lots of water
stretches

breakfast - oatmeal, blueberries, flax, 1 T walnuts, & milk.- cottage cheese
snack - clemintine
lunch - hc - chicken soup, cauliflower
snack - peanut butter toast, apple
dinner - turkey italian sausage, peppers and onions, garlic toast
snack - cereal, milk, fruit

Mj5 - the class went well - I'll cut and paste what I wrote about it above.
<<<<my class on eating and emotions went well. It was really about introductions. We talked about where feelings are within us - feelings we are willing to talk about or ones deep inside. The leader taught us how to do deep breathing to deal with stress. (I do that every day when I meditate - one of the BEST things I ever learned to do). Our "homework" is to do deep breathing 5-10 minutes daily and to write a family tree - either of our relative's weight or their addictions. Or we can write about our spouses - and their food and eating expectation and it's dynamic in our family. I am going to do the writing. Also, one lady mentioned that drinking herb tea in the evening gets her through to the next day. I had forgotten about that - it's a good idea.>>>>> You sound extremely busy - so proud of you for getting in your yoga and cd workout. Great!

Linda - you salad sounds so good. I don't think you really need a dressing. However, if you need some moisture - I'd think a lite vinegerette would be good.

Katy05 - great plan!!!

I will continue to take it easy today. I need to be better for next week when I have to go back to work.

I hope you all have a great and healthy day! :)

Beverly

mj5
01-12-2008, 11:05 AM
Hi everyone! I am SO ready for a nice relaxing weekend. Just going to do some light cleaning and laundry--nothing too exciting!

Hubby and I just got digital cable (FINALLY) and he was playing w/ it last night. He realized that we now have an exercise on demand chanel. Oh my goodness--there are all kinds of work out choices on there! I was checking them out earlier. It's great!

Beverlyjoy-- Yea! Another day of healthy eating! Glad to hear that you are feeling better. Hope you get out and do something fun today. I am sorry I missed your post about your class! It sounds really interesting. I agree, deep breathing is the BEST!!! It even helped me while driving through some really snowy weather not too long ago...just kept reminding myself to breathe and focus! I am extremely busy, BUT I also need to keep reminding myself I am only one person and cannot conquer the world in a day. I MUST take time for myself and a lot of the work stuff can wait! Thanks for the reminder about tea in the evening. In the winter, I usually have a cup of hot tea and something sweet as my night time treat. I snuggle w/ the dogs and talk w/ hubby about the day. We have both been so busy, we haven't been doing much of that lately. MUST make time for that--the important things!

I am toying with the idea of finally going back to school to get my Masters Degree. I wouldn't be able to start right now--WAY too much going on at work. But I can certainly look into different programs now. It's one of those things I have always meant to do, but never got around to doing....I know it will be hard...not sure I even remember how to write a paper, but I can learn again!

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Schmoodle
01-12-2008, 12:07 PM
Hi chicks, hope you haven't forgotten me, I've been lax about posting on here the last couple of weeks. We've been so busy getting everybody back to normal life. I also had a trip last week, and my refrigerator has been on the fritz again, so I haven't been doing such a good job of daily menu planning. We are also trying to get DH ready to leave for his trip in another week, lots of things to think of when he's going to be gone so long. In spite of all of this, I have stayed mostly on plan. I'm on day 11 of SBD Ph1, and weighed in this morning. Down 5 lbs., which undoes my Christmas damage, finally gets me started on my Valentines challenge , and puts me at my halfway mark. :carrot: Next week, I hope to get back into my normal routine and start posting menus here and catch up with you chicks. I have been popping in to read when I can, so I know you are all doing well.
Have a great Saturday chicks! Cleaning and laundry for me!

kissingginger
01-12-2008, 01:32 PM
Hi everyone!

I've been busy lately, but I wanted you to know that I am still on track. TOM is visiting so my weight hasn't gone down but I still feel better than I have in ages (energy wise). I put out 1 hour 2 min. on the treadmill yesterday and it was a great workout - the kids didn't bug me at all and played very nicely the whole time.

Last night I watched a movie with hubby and he made popcorn, and gave me some, - I find I actually like it PLAIN. No salt, no butter. WOW. That's amazing.

I still haven't found out what I am eating calorie wise and it's starting to bug me. But I do feel great and I know I am eating healthy, so I'm wondering if I should obsess over it.

Today's plan

breakast - oatmeal, tea
snack - apple
lunch - homeade spaghetti sauce and a salad.
snack- ryvita and peanut butter
dinner- veggie cabbage soup

Take care everyone!!!!!!!!

mj5
01-12-2008, 05:46 PM
Hi again! Today I finally stopped and took care of mj! Ahhhhhhhhh, I feel SO much better! I visited w/ my mom and gm for a while. Then I came home, put my newest James Taylor (LOVE him) cd on and took a nice long hot bubble bath. It felt SOOOOOOOOO nice to relax. The dogs were quiet, the tv was off, hubby was at work, just me and my bubbles!

No workout today, but it's ok! I will tomorrow.

Tonight we are having chicken breast, roasted broccoli and cauliflower, and salad that is loaded w/ lots of fresh veggies. I am cooking a whole extra large package of chicken so I can have leftovers for a few days for work lunches.

Enjoy the weekend!!!!

famograham
01-12-2008, 10:21 PM
Sounds wonderful, MJ :)

I'm still waiting for the job lady to call me...feeling very much in limbo! I'm starting to worry that I won't get it :(

Beverlyjoy
01-13-2008, 09:06 AM
Hi folks...had a good food day yesterday. I am grateful. I am looking forward to when I can get back to doing some exercise. (right now it's no weight baring or upper body - because of muscle injuries)

Here's today's plans:

office work
meditation
journal food
water!!!!!
PMA

breakfast - yogurt, flax, grape nuts, peanut butter
snack - tangerine
lunch - tuna on salad, ww crackers, light vinegarette, cauliflower
snack - fruit and crackers
dinner - out with mom to Ruby Tuesdays - cup white bean chili, mozzarella & tomato salad

Mj5 - Glad you took time for yourself!! :) Nothing better than a bubble bath after a busy day.

Famograham - it's hard to be patient after a job interview - hang in there. :)

Schmoodle - five pounds is GREAT. :carrot::carrot: Good for you. Hope your fridge gets fixed for good.

Ginger - good plan - glad to hear you've been on track!:D

Have a great day everyone. :carrot:

Beverly

nicolen
01-13-2008, 01:00 PM
Hey guys!

OK, I've got to try and figure out what's keeping me away from here at the moment - I'm so busy, but I haven't really added anything to my routine. If someone can explain that one. Either that or organise myself a bit better.

If I'm not here and there's no technical or other reason for it, it usually is because my motivation's slipping - it's actually one of the signs I use as a wake up call. But I am motivated and I've had no computer issues, I haven't been away - just impossibly busy.

Anyway, I had a good weekend - did a class at the gym which has given me a few things to discuss with the trainer tomorrow when I have a personal training session, which is good. The weather has been impossibly hot as well this weekend so it's been a case of finding a cool spot and staying there. Naturally, this was the weekend I'd set aside to make chutney. My timing is awesome.

Anyway, enjoy your day and I will be here tomorrow. Promise!

Purplefirefly
01-13-2008, 07:22 PM
:wave: hi everyone! I am still around, things have just been a lot busier lately. My son starts basketball tomorrow so that will change our routine for Mondays yet again! I have been going strong, very committed and pushing through even on days I haven't felt like it. For now the cravings have died down...thankfully!

I'm wondering where Sara is...hope you are okay wherever you are :hug:

Beverly--any idea when you will be cleared for exercise again? I always like reading your posts because you seem so put together and on top of things :D I want to be like that one day!

Nicolen--I have been around less for the busy reason as well. Don't feel bad, life happens sometimes.

mj--that bath sounds lovely! Want to come watch the kids so I can do that? :lol:

famograhm--hope you hear something soon. I hate limbo, drives me absoultely nuts not to know exactly what is going on :stress:

mj5
01-13-2008, 07:59 PM
I didn't do too much today--a little laundry, but that is about it. For my workout, I did the 3 mile advanced watp dvd w/ 3lb hand weights. I felt great, but tired afterwards--if that makes any sense at all!

famograham--Hang in there, the waiting is the worst, isn't it?

Beverlyjoy--Hang in there, you'll be back at it before you know it! Yea, it felt good to make time for myself!

Nicole--I totally get what you are saying! I am so glad you are motivated and working out! What kind of class did you take at the gym?

Purplefirefly--I am so glad that the cravings have died down for you! Awesome job staying committed, even when you haven't felt like it! If we lived closer I would be happy to watch the kids so you could take a bubble bath! It would be great to work out together too!

Hi to everyone else. Pop in and at least say Hi when you get a chance.

If I leave work on time tomorrow I will go to the gym, but I have to take one of the dogs to the vet for a check up and shots in the evening, so if I am running late I will do either a watp dvd or yoga at home. I can't wait to see how much weight she has lost...she has been overweight for a while and we put her on a diet...the vet will be please b/c I know she has lost some weight, just not sure how much.

Enjoy the rest of your evening!