Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 01-06-2008, 06:42 PM   #1  
No more fake foods!

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Talking I'm so proud of myself!

Hi everyone! I just started my new lifestyle - hopefully for the last time - about 5 days ago. I come from an organic eating family so I know about the value that whole foods has on your life. Yet for years I still ate like crap simply because I could! Well not anymore. Two days ago I went to the library and checked out Super Foods Rx. I've already read 2/3 of it and I am amazed! I keep forgetting what the right foods can do for you!
I have been eating whole foods and adding in many Super Foods to my diet. When I went grocery shopping several days ago I hardly bought anything processed. I used to eat Lean Pockets and Baked Lays a lot, but not anymore! And the thing is, I can't believe how full whole foods make me feel! It's only been 5 days so I'm not feeling really HEALTHIER yet, but I am so much more FULLER! I am eating the same amount of calories, maybe even less than I used to on other diets but I am 100% fuller! I am just not hungry at all! And it feels so great! And even though it's been less than a week I feel like this is my new lifestyle and it's here forever, and I am gladly welcoming it! And sadly enough, I've only been on a lifestyle change this long once before and that was only a week ...
But I'm so proud of myself!
Sorry for the long post and rambling but I just had to share my new found happiness with whole foods!
PurdueGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 04:58 AM   #2  
Sodredge "Just Google It"

S/C/G: 600/585/300

Height: 6ft 10.5 (7ft in shoes)

Hmm... dude two things, first thing "how was that post to long ?" you said what you felt and it rocked. You made sense and got me interested. Now the other thing your longest life change has been a week ? Whoa I can't wait too see you a week from now. You may be breaking some serious records, YOU GO. Any idea where I can get that book you spoke of ? - Xavier
sodredge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:44 PM   #3  
No more fake foods!

Lol thanks! And yeah, only a week, it's sad but there's something in me that just says this is for real this time. And that book is Super Foods Rx and is on Amazon for only 7.99. Super Foods Rx or you could just get it from the library.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 166.5/135/120

Height: 5'8"

OMG! Purdue girl! I just started the whole foods thing too like the other day! I am in love with it. I noticed that I feel 100% fuller than I did before too and am eating about 400 less calories a day! I've been eating hard boiled eggs for breakfast with hot sauce I know that probably counts as being processed but I haven't looked for a non processed kind yet. Anywho the hard boiled egg keeps me full for like 4 hours. normally i would've been chowing from breakfast to lunch nothing to crazy but it adds up.
FlabulessPhyllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:47 PM   #5  
Working My Way Back Down

A hard-boiled egg is certainly not processed - it was just cooked. Processed foods are the ones with ingredients with names you can't pronounce! Another way a lot of folks like to identify whole foods is: would your great-grandparents recognize it.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:51 PM   #6  
No more fake foods!

Phyllis - I know it's great! I'm so glad I chose to do this! It makes sense, I should have started this forever ago! Go us!
Old 01-09-2008, 03:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 166.5/135/120

Height: 5'8"

Water rat - I meant hot sauce not eggs sorry about that. I have to check the label on the Frank's red hot. I can't eat a hard boiled egg plain need some spice

purdue- I hear ya girl. I'm loving whole foods. I've even lost the 5lbs of xmas fat I put on. Thank Heavens! I was pigging out and in a way I am glad cuz I felt HORRIBLE after and it made me feel like I've really changed!
FlabulessPhyllis is offline   Reply With Quote