LA Weight Loss - Is there a Pregnancy plan??

View Full Version : Is there a Pregnancy plan??

almsthere
01-06-2008, 12:33 PM
I am waiting to see if I am pregnant or not. Other than the obvious avoiding non calorie sweeteners and SF stuff, I'm already off lites for months now, I was thinking of moving myself gradually to the red plan no lites for breastfeeding that was spoken about in another thread! This is of course if I am pregnant this month.

I've done pretty well with the other pregnancies but have a tendency to eat all kinds of junk just because I can! I thought I remember reading a pregnancy/lactation plan? Does anyone know of this?

Obviously, one could not officially condone a diet for weight loss during pregnancy, but since BF moms and pregnant women need the same amount of calories/nutrition, why not??

Whadda think?

Repo girl
01-06-2008, 12:45 PM
I agree. I am also in your boat, but shhhhh, don't tell anyone! Something crazy is going on with my body, and many arrows point to pregnant. If I am, indeed, prego, I am going to stick to plan. Probably more closely than before. I am already on red with no lites, BTW. I am heavy enough that I could even lose for the first 2 trimesters, and that would be just fine. This is my plan. I gained 60 lbs with my first baby and had gestational diabetes. I refuse to go down that road again, so sticking to plan seems like a really good choice to me.

mgresso
01-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Well, we're trying for #2 and this is what I plan. I think I'm going to stay OP for the 1st trimester then go to stabilization and on to maintainance for the rest of it. I was blessed-with our first, I only gained like 18 or 20 lbs. And most of that was in the last 2 months. I also know that I had a very rough pregnancy. So I am just going to take it as it comes. If I end up needing to eat more then I know what I should eat. And I have all of the tools I need to lose again after.

Good luck.