Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 01-05-2008, 08:36 PM   #1  
Smartypants

Default Help!!! Flopping Boobie Syndrome!!!

Okay after seeing so many posts on bras, I just had to reach out there and see what you guys suggest... I am a full C, a few handfuls lol, and of course I have bras but they feel so restrictive and I just hate wearing them. They don't help when I exercise either. Soooooo I need some education on what in the world is a shelf bra... Sport bras a.k.a. what I call tiny tank tops, they smush me all up and it's just not cool. I have seen semi sports bras with a little piece inside that supports you sorta though, but I have no clue what those are... and whenever I jog or jump during exercise they bounce so much they are totally sore and it really sucks. Is there some type of nice go between bra-slash-tank top thingy that you guys really like, something that would support but not crush the twins? And that would work on an every day or exercise type thing too? Or am I just dreaming? Ice packs are just not gonna cut it anymore.... And plus my bras make me sweat underneath and I get little sores from all of that being trapped (sorry if tmi but I am desperate here) - so painful. Please help!!!

Last edited by txangelgirl; 01-05-2008 at 08:38 PM.
txangelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

I would recommend getting a professional bra fitting, they are almost always free and it sounds like your wearing a bra too small in the cup. I would not go to Victoria's Secret ( I worked there and very few are trained correctly in fitting a bra, myself included ) I went to a little boutiquey place and was fitted, 36C, and I bought what is my favorite bra. You can also let them know about all the problems your having and they should know the brands well enough to give you some options.

Hope this helps! Good Luck!
pinupqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 177/171.2/154

Height: 5' 5.5"

My favorite sports bras are the Champion brand at Target. I'm a 36DD right now, and I find they do nicely. I don't bounce too terribly (I like running and they do okay). The material is very soft and breathes well, so this might help your chafing/sores problem. Plus they come in about 12 different really cute colors. THey run about $17 each, which is a lot in my world, but totally worth it to me.
Hope this helps, but not too sure exactly what you need. Perhaps you could go to a bra store and ask them?

PS your title CRACKS me up. BEEN THERE, SISTER!
mom2mollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:46 PM   #4  
the one on the left

S/C/G: 215/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi Holli - I know what you mean! I hate having to wear them at ALL, but it's not a pretty sight when the girls are hanging to my knees! During exercise - I've found just a basic sports bra - if it's LARGE enough - while not flattering, does offer the support you need for moving around. Yes it's kinda squishy, but you're not trying to look "perky" during exercise! I have the same problem you do with a regular bra of sweat under the girls - but the sports bras I've found (on my own, at department stores, nothing fancy) seem to do the trick. Try applying some powder under the girls before exercise, and when you're done, if you don't have time to shower, just wash, dry, and repowder! I don't know of something that will work adequately for the office and the gym, though - sorry. I know I look better with something that has an underwire (yeah it sucks but..), and of course, that's not comfy for exercise. Either way, the best thing you can do is support those muscles. You don't need to be feeling sore from bouncing! Good luck in your search!
alisluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:53 PM   #5  
Wanting a 2009 baby!

S/C/G: 288/252/150

Height: 5'4

Lane bryant can fit you for a bra. and the right size bra will help alot.
hairdesigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:53 PM   #6  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6˝

So are you working out in a regular bra? Ouch! Plus, I'd imagine that they'll get ruined and "stinky" pretty quickly? I'm a B-cup but I can bounce when I get going too.
Quote:
a little piece inside that supports you sorta though
Do you mean underwire? My fav sports bras are these: Champion Powerback® Underwire Sports BraGREAT bra! Wicks like crazy and is very comfy!
I also like these: Instant Shaping bras and I get them at JCPenney. They are seriously shock resistant and thay have built in "shaping", so you don't get as much of that uni-boob look as you do in plain sports bras. I do like the underwire the best though. I guess because I wear underwire regularly, I like them the best for workouts also.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:54 PM   #7  
Smartypants

well unforunately when they are squished it is painful, but yeah I know what ya mean...I could care less about being perky when I'm huffin and puffin right. Powder is such a grand idea!!!! MAN I can't WAIT til I drop some of this weight yippeeee, well more that is. I really hadn't seen the Champions brand and $17 bucks is a small price to pay for happy twins. James doesn't take too kindly when his fun bags are under the weather, as he likes to call them lol, poor baby is bored when I'm out for the count. I think I will dash off to get some powder and see if that works, maybe a purse size thingy too for emergencies on the go. I've tried deodorant but that didn't work too well (but I guess I was on the right track). Is there only one kind of Champions or it's all one style - for $17 I wanna be sure to get the right one you're talking about
Old 01-05-2008, 09:58 PM   #8  
Smartypants

Am I working out in a regular bra - ummmmm not at the moment LMAO. I used to, cause that's all I had, but now I put on a tank top and tie a knot at the side to make a sorta cut-off-boobie pouch; obviously it's not too terribly successful. James suggested tape HAHAHAHA, typical male. Humph. But I never did care for the underwire...with the sores and all, once one forms it's like, the worst, and hurts so badly. It's really pathetic going to bed with hospital gauze and a whole tube of neosporin under your left lump... but anyways. Hopefully once the weight is off the problems will subside, but I must admit, I am really hoping to keep the up top and lose everywhere else. who knows

"Uniboob" LMAO, too funny. Do the Instant Shaping have underwires or do you even have an option with those?

Last edited by txangelgirl; 01-05-2008 at 10:00 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:02 PM   #9  

The CHampions at Target are the ones I'm talking about and my Target had them on a huge shelf display. THere are all sorts of colors enticing you to buy, hehe. They also have nice, thick straps and they are SO COMFY I almost just want to wear them around the house all day!
I went to Target.com and it's called the C9 seamless bra. THey have about 15 different colors. THey also have a tank and camisole, but I haven't tried those. You could try it on at Target.
Here's the link (hope it works):
http://www.target.com/gp/search/602-...&ref=sr_bx_1_1

Last edited by mom2mollie; 01-05-2008 at 10:04 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:03 PM   #10  
the one on the left

Well you have a great attitude, and that surely will get you far! I tell ya, powder has been a great friend of MANY fat girls I know (obviously including myself) - as it works wonders in ummm...many areas that tend to sweat....and keeps those sores from forming in the first place. Hopefully it will help you.

The one time in my life I previously lost weight (25 pounds), I found unfortunately that the boobs were the FIRST place I lost weight LOL!! But - it's gonna be a small price to pay if everything else is also in proportion. James may have to make do, but I guarantee you he'd rather you be healthy and happy !! Good luck HOlli!
Old 01-05-2008, 10:08 PM   #11  

You know when the boobs go down, you look skinnier up top, honestly. Been there done that. (went from 40DD to 36C, then had a baby so now at 36DD yikes). But the FLOPPINESS factor does increase once they go down (think "deflated balloon")... Maybe that will keep James happy? LOL! My DH didn't complain!!

Last edited by mom2mollie; 01-05-2008 at 10:10 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:22 PM   #12  
Smartypants

Uhhhh no I am not liking the deflated balloon picture in my head :-O LOL! Oh wow, I better brace myself then, I think I might need therapy

yeahhhhhhhhh that definitely looks soooo comfy!!! Mmmmm! I can smell the relief from here! Looks like I will have a small daytrip tomorrow, since I'm out in the boonies and have no earthliest about where the nearest red bullseye is from here. Uniboob here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attitude - well I gotta admit, the lightness (or should I say lightheadedness - ya know redheads are dingiest! ) is more for me than anything else. Truth is, I'm really down on myself alot, constant worrier, I have anxiety disorder if you can believe that one, and - well - just depressed most of the time. People think I'm such fun to be around, but there are multiple hats I wear, all truly me, I just don't let the demons out that often; I find they calm down more if I keep em in their cage. This board, well heck the whole site, is such an upper for me. I spend wayyyy too much time here, but I just don't have the know how to post and answer as many questions people have as I'd like. Cause after all, I'm learning right along with everybody I was a lot happier when my pic was taken (----> profile). That pic was before all the drama last year happened, probably around March right before we moved the first time. James helps; I tell you, he is a true-to-life Jim Carrey LOLOL, he is just such a hoot!!! He is just like, the total opposite of me...he's so laid back, and calm about everything, and I'm like the "donkey on edge" (okay, sorry been watching Shrek today) Yes I am a grown up that likes cartoons. I admit it. Seriously though, I'm so envious of James, but in a good way - does that make sense? He is everything I wish I was personality wise; well he is the way I used to be. I think the weight has a lot to do with it. But off that soapbox - that's in another post of mine This board though, does so much good for people like me....it helps lift my spirits and keep me focused, and - well - gives me support, ya know...gives me the courage (and laughter) to face another day; hope - yes that is the word I was lookin for. Argh so didn't mean to vent. but I do feel a little better, So thanks!!!

On a side note, yes James would love me to be happy and healthy, but the sores get really old with him, and I feel his pain. I'm supposed to be the seductress right...and instead, I'm walking around like I have this telephone pole up my woo woo cause I got a sore between my thighs, or I look like I got a mummy-boob with bandages dangling from a sore. I think it'll help him too, the powder, cause he gets sores in his thighs too.

thank you all so much - you guys rock!!!

Last edited by txangelgirl; 01-05-2008 at 10:25 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:35 PM   #13  
the one on the left

Holli ! and one for James, too - he sounds like a wonderful man (can we clone him??) Supportive, understanding, laid back.....great qualities in anyone. I'm a firm believer that opposites attract, too - if my partner was just like me, it would be **** on earth, believe me!

I imagine all the emotions you're going through wear you out, girl. It's very stressful to try to keep up an image for people, when you're really feeling like you just want to scream and be left alone. Eating is a natural response to stress, and so I don't envy your battle to keep things from getting out of control. Having a support network here - and someone like James - and whatever else in your life lifts you up - are great commodities, and ones that should be treasured!

Old 01-05-2008, 10:58 PM   #14  
Smartypants

well not necessarily an image per se, I guess I let the fun side out more when I'm around others cause, well, it's easy to, and it helps lift my spirits too. Being alone brings me down, so yeah it helps. As for James, yes you may clone him hahaha, although........you probably wouldn't wanna do that til you reach goal weight, cause James loooooooooves Taco Bell, and other b-a-d foods. He is always buying me candy, and while it's sweet, I'm like "enough already - you're making this really hard on me!" LOL! Last night was my 1 year anniversary of quitting smoking, and he got me a Happy No Smoking cake hahahaha, with a "1" candle on it and everything, and he sung to me LOL. I totally wasn't expecting that. Now if I can just get him to buy me fresh fruit instead of candy...... And yes girl I definitely treasure this board! James is sitting next to me at his pc too, so at least I don't feel bad about being at the puter a lot cause we still get time together.

Last edited by txangelgirl; 01-05-2008 at 10:58 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:22 AM   #15  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

I have had not so much fun trying to find a sports bra that keeps the girls stable when I exercise - I am a 36DDD so trying to find a great stable sports bra is a problem, I have managed to find a few that work.

I would NOT recommend buying the Champion Sports bras that mom2mollie is recommending. I am sure they are fine for smaller chested ladies (not sure how big mom2mollie is) but I bought 3 of those bras at target and they do absolutely nothing for bigger chested women, and I see that you are a full C which these bras might not help. They provided me absolutely no support whatsoever. I actually do not recommend any of the compression sports bras that do not have hooks in the back. The best support I have found is bras that (although a little more expensive - maybe $30 a bra) have a hook in the back, just like a normal bra. I have tried underwire sports bras but I don't really care for them while working out. You might want to try going to a bra boutique or to a dick's sporting goods or some other sports store because they will have a better selection for you than at Target. (Don't get me wrong I love target but not for bras).

I hope you are able to find something that works for you.
NoVaVTFan is offline   Reply With Quote