Old 01-04-2008, 05:41 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default I am so happy I found this forum!

I joined LAWL last week and started the program on January 1st (how cliche, I know).

I have a ton of weight to lose and am very excited that there is a good online presence for this program. I used to go on this site alot when I was a WW.

Had a bit of a bummer day today, I weighed in up 1.2 pounds from yesterday? How in the heck did that happen? My counselor said that she said I'd be bouncing around for a while until my body got used to all the changes.

Anybody else experience this?

Jill
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/141.9/137

Height: 5'5'

Oh gosh, yes. I bounced back and force in the low 150's for weeks before finally breaking 150. I did the take off almost every 2 weeks to jump start my weight. I am now 7 lbs from my goal and still bounced alittle.

Today, I tried on new pants - my old ones were getting pretty baggy and the size 8's were loose. I know I need to buy some new ones but think I should wait until I'm near my goal. I'll just tighten up my belt a little more.
jamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:14 PM   #3  

Just noticed you are from Iowa. Where are you? I'm in Des Moines and go to the Merle Hay location. They are tough cookies there. A few times I've thought about not going back but stuck it out cuz I wanted to see what Plan 1 was. I just started it this week.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:34 PM   #4  
LAWL Salt Police

Welcome to the forum, Jill...

And thanks for firing Steve Alford as the U of I basketball coach so we could get him here at the University of New Mexico.. He's been great so far!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Yay! Iowa Peoples..... I am from Iowa.... graduated from Muscatine High. got to love Iowa Peoples!!!!
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:08 PM   #6  

Hi!

I also go to Merle Hay, just started on Jan 1. I just left the center a few minutes ago and am down 3.2 lbs from over the weekend!! Woo hoo! How are you doing?

Jill
Old 01-07-2008, 02:39 PM   #7  
LAWL Salt Police

Congrats on the loss!!! Keep up the good work!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:47 PM   #8  
Kelly

S/C/G: 216/180/150

Height: 5'5"

I couldn't agree with you more. I have received 10 x more valuable information from all of the people on here than I think I ever could have received from some of the counselors. Part of the reason being is these are people that have used and succeeded on the program and are not looking to make any money by selling you items you don't need. I could never understand why they were always trying to sell me more when the basics of the plan were working for me. Maybe that's why they aren't around (at least part of them aren't) anymore!
StevenBensMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Jill, Nice that your weight was down.... Weight just fluctuates. It is silly for the counselor to suggest it was a beginning of the program kind of thing! I just does, always. So many factors to make up what you weigh at any one moment in time, what you've eaten, the clothes you are wearing, how much sodium you've had, and how much water you drank in the last day (and often drinking more water results in a lower weight due to it flushing out the sodium which is one of the main reasons that they are always telling you to drink the water, since if we stop and the scale goes up 3 pounds, we freak out).

Anyway, just stick with the program and you will most likely see the scale keep dropping.

Welcome! Not all the counselors at the COD have ever really successfully lost a great deal of weight. I know that the one or two at my COD who had actually lost a great deal of weight and kept it off were such better at giving good advice than those who were just there to sell the product. Everyone is different. I know some people on this site have to be very strict with the calories to lose weight, but I found that all weight loss stopped for me if I drop too low in calories, so their advice does not always work for me... In the end, we all have to find our own way to make eating healthier a part of our day to day life.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:49 PM   #10  

I'm hanging in there. I only have 4 more weeks of paid weight loss left and I'm done there. I don't plan on buying anymore cuz I'm so close to my goal. I really just needed to get to this weight to motivate myself.

I won't weigh in again to Wed. I told them I will only go 2 times a week. It really was depressing for me until I found this forum. I might not always post a message but I do read the new posts and see that everyone is in the same boat as me.

I do like that I've gotten so many ideas for replacing the TO juice or LA Lites since I don't plan on buying any more. I have been using the Luna bars and plan on doing the TO with the oranges instead.

Thanks to everyone who's posted these hints.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:00 PM   #11  

Did you weigh today? I was there around noon. I heard a woman talking about getting her refund money and I was wondering if it was you!!

Jill
Old 01-09-2008, 06:04 PM   #12  

I got up this morning, weighed myself as usual and decided to do the TO with 4 oranges. I'm going to go in tomorrow. I don't get there until 4:30ish. And early Saturday morning.

I have been using my home morning weight as my weight. I have been on a plateau of 144.0 for the past week and a half. That's why I decided to do the TO. So far so good.

It looks like you are doing great. Keep up the good work.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:40 PM   #13  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Good for you for not being afraid of the "cliche"
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote