Support Groups - Back In Kindergarten #35

View Full Version : Back In Kindergarten #35

FrouFrou
01-04-2008, 02:05 PM
:welcome: to Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke or whatever your drink of choice is, and pull up a chair and join us. :coffee2::cofdate:

:tread: :wl: :bike2: :workout: :strong: :ebike: :trampo: :running: :lifter: :woops:

FrouFrou
01-04-2008, 02:09 PM
Okay, here are today's posts from Mindee & Katy:

Yay Teri!!!!!! I can't wait to hear!

Cristina~ I mentioned to Tommy that you had gotten the Turbo Jam and that you were going to let me know how it is. It is good to know that they have low impact stuff for us beginners!

SuzyQ~ I hope things get straightened out with your ex. You are right, you are an adult and you are allowed to make choices for yourself!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Morning!

Well, Walk Hard was really funny and I ate way too much Chinese food, so today is a back-on-track day for me, We had a very nice time and talked about things we want to accomplish in 08 and just enjoyed some kid-free time.

Had a visit with the NP yesterday as well. Still working on my insomnia, though it is improving. I have to turn off the electric blanket and stop reading in bed. If it means I can get to a place where I sleep through the night and awake refreshed...then I'll try it.

Susan - Hope you are feeling better today...maybe you won't have to talk to any exes today....wouldn't that be nice? McDreamy does sound like a nice guy and you aren't rushing anything so I'm glad that you are not letting yourself get pushed around.

Jules - any updates...hope Teri's doing well...or as well as can be expected. Can't wait for pictures of the baby!

Cristina - Diving Bell has been made into a movie; and I've heard favorable reviews on NPR. Eat, Pray Love is pretty good, but I'm surprised that it has taken hold as much as it has, I didn't think it was that good....Maybe lots of women have been crying on their bathroom floors or something.

Hi to everyone else. Not a terribly busy day today. DH and I are going to give blood later - whoopee. I still need to take down the tree. Oh - and I'll probably get in a hike around the park....gotta burn off the Chinese food and the chocolate dessert.

Cheers!

Katy

FrouFrou
01-04-2008, 02:27 PM
Hello ladies...

KATY...I am going to have to go see both movies, Walk Hard and Diving Bell. Dd had actually bought the book and wasn't going to read it yet but when I asked her what it was about I felt it was something I had to read. So definitely will have to see the movie. Glad you and DH had a wonderful time on date night, sounded just perfect! And thank you for reminding me to give blood! I have been meaning to do that for some time an djust get busy and forget until they are asking for donations. I'm a little chicken too, lol.

MINDEE...I definitely think you will like it. It really doesn't seem like it would be hard to learn. Pretty basic steps, or to me anyway :lol: How's the kiddoes doing today? Still cold there? We are supposed to warm up to 40 today but it sure doesn't seem like it now...with the wind chill it's pretty cold. But...supposed to be in the 50's Sat & 60 Sunday! We'll see.

JULES...thinking of you guys today.

SUSAN...how's it going with you today? Any fun plans with mcdreamy?

SASSY...what's up with you lady? Still working hard?

Nothing much going on with me today. Had a couple of errands to run this morning to get a few things I forgot yesterday to get started with the tj Monday. Didn't have any protein powder, or sauerkraut (sp?) rye bread, celery...the plan is pretty simple and like I said lots of food for me. It is 1500 cals a day so if I don't lose weight with that then I might as well give up now! I was going to post a sample menu for a day (Mindee) so you could see it. Of course you don't have to follow it. I'm just doing it for the 10 days and then go back to the way I was eating...like a pig, lol. Anyway...got my workout in, 75 minutes today and feeling good about that. I saw this guy jogging and thought I wish I were brave enough to bundle up and brave this cold ane wind. DD and I would see him every morning when we were walking...kudos to him!

Any special plans for the weekend ladies? Nothing going on with me, just sticking close to home and hoping to get lots of exercise and reading in. Whatever you do...have a GREAT weekend!

jules1216
01-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Real quickie cause I am exhausted!! Teri went to the hospital around 5 pm on Thursday and had him Friday the 4th at 9:57 am. Little Dominick was 8 lbs 11 1/2 oz, 20 and 1/4 in long and looks just like his Daddy with darker hair. It looks to be a little reddish. Mom and baby are doing fine. He's been fed and had a diaper changed and just made one little cry to say his diaper needed done. Dad did better than I ever expected. His great grandma has held him and my neice Trish is there now. I am thinking about going back to bed...being up for 32 hours straight with only a couple hour nap isn't cutting it!!

RosieKate
01-04-2008, 07:51 PM
Congratulations!

Give my love to the happy family....so glad it went smoothly.

A great way to start the new year, if I do say so myself :)

FrouFrou
01-04-2008, 08:32 PM
:cp::hat::bb::woohoo::congrat::yay:

CONGRAT'S JULES and FAMILY! Give little Dominick lots of hugs and kisses from me! Now go get some sleep lady!

Hello everyone else :wave:

Thought I would drop by with a quick HI since I was online checking out something.

Have a good night.

Mom2Gaby
01-05-2008, 12:02 AM
Evening -

Wonderful Jules!! Congrats on becoming a grandmother, and I am glad Teri and family are doing well. :) Hugs to you !!

Can I claim some of your 75 minutes Cristina?? Awesome chickie!!

I am glad you had a nice evening with you hubby Katy. You liked Walk Hard? What is it about? Beck went to see Juno tonight. Tried to get Gab to see Enchanted but she would have none of it.

k- eating was good, drinking water was good, exercise nil, still need to get the shoes.
Plans for weekend is a pool party for Gab tomorrow, 3 year old cousin. After that she will go with her father overnight and mom (me) gets to go out with McDreamy again. What a suffering woman I am. lol No, I am not rushing anything.....we don't even call each other. We email 1 or 2 times a day since we both like to write, otherwise this is going to be our 4th date. It is just nice to have someone to do things with besides sitting in the apt flipping through a People magazine.

blah blah........better go get Beck!!

tommysgirl18
01-05-2008, 03:54 AM
hello ladies.....how are you all doing?

it is really late, so I am going to make this a quick one and then I am off to bed!

Jules~ Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see pictures!!!

Cristina~ I can't wait to get it!!! I was telling Tommy about how you mentioned that one of the ladies doing the low impact workouts is named Mindy, and he laughed when I mentioned that you said that it would be something that we can do. He is really excited about me getting it!

I do have to add that I can get my size 22 jeans on easier now, but I still have to lay on the bed to zip them up. BUT I am working on getting them on without having to do that!

FrouFrou
01-05-2008, 02:34 PM
WTG MINDEE on your NSV! :woohoo: I was thinking about the turbo jam and meant to ask if you are doing any kind of exercise at the moment? Not trying to be noisy but got to thinking that if you are not and then you order the turbo jam I don't want you to be dissappointed if you can't do them. Even though they have two girls doing the low impact I think if you just head into it without having any exercise under you belt it might be hard. But then you might like a challenge :) I do but at the same time I am not sure if I hadn't been exercising for a while that I would attempt it. It doesn't look hard but it may take a little while to get used to it. Know what I'm saying, or trying to say, lol. I think I am confusing myself. :dizzy: Have you ever tried the WATP? I think those are really good starting workouts, very easy.

SUSAN...don't let the ex talk bad to you when you take Gaby over there and pick her up. Swimming party eh? I am jealous for sure. It has been so freaking cold here lately I would rather be anywhere else than here right now. Well, as long as it is sunny and warm :lol: I don't think you are taking things too fast...you are just dating so you go and enjoy. Don't do anything I wouldn't do ;)

JULES...how's the grandma doing today? And the mommy and her bundle of joy? Hope you are able to share some pictures soon...can't wait to seem little Dominick.

HI Katy, Sue, Sassy and anyone/everyone reading this.:wave:

Nothing much going on today. I did get in my exercise, 90 minutes :woohoo: I am very happy...I made my second 10 pound goal today! :yay: :yay: I can't tell you guys how happy that makes me. Ain't no stoppin' me now! I was so afraid of WI this morning for fear of either being the same or gaining. And no Susan...we can't share my exercise minutes :lol: That's something ya gotta earn on your own missy. :D Anyway, just had to share the good news. Have a GREAT weekend ladies!

Mom2Gaby
01-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Happy Saturday :hat:

Congrats on the 22 pants Mindee! I tried on some of my smaller size weeks ago and they fit, now they are too snug. lol

*sigh......I don't know what we are going to do with you Cristina. 90 minutes is beyond me...lol. #30 minutes I would be happy with. Pool party is inside a building- lol . It is winter here. So, missy. Wouldn't would you do?? lol He can get to 1st base but he ain't getting anywhere else....haha.

I had yummy oatmeal for breakfast and 2 slices of pizza at the party. It was so good and I was pretty ok with that because I resisted the cake and ice cream.

Gab went with her father and the girls have thier own social life going on so I think I will relax and do my nails and wait til McDreamy gets home from work. I have a pic of him up in my myspace if you want to see what he looks like.

k- off I go....batter up....:D

tommysgirl18
01-06-2008, 01:54 AM
Cristina~ I have have some work out dvd's that I have been doing, plus the one that Tommy bought me last. I will make sure that I work out with those before getting the TJ. I have heard of the WATP program before, but I don't have any of the dvd's. I will have to look into getting those. Thanks for the congrats on the NSV!

SuzyQ~ I will have to go over there and check out, I mean see what McDreamy looks like. Great job on the avoiding the ice cream and cake. I got some skinny cow ice cream wheel things when we went grocery shopping.

jules1216
01-06-2008, 10:11 AM

Baby Dominick--more pics to come later. We were all so exhausted that we just didn't take alot of pics...Geneva took the most and will be getting copies for us. Teri & family are coming home today and she wants macaroni & cheese and mashed potatoes & peas. Will get more pics today.

FrouFrou
01-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Susan...I know it's winter in OR but I thought you guys had mild ones, didn't even think about you going to an indoor pool, :lol: I don't know Susan...just threw that in there being silly. I'll have to go check out mcdreamy.

Jules...what a cutie pie Dominick is! I know you are one proud grandma.

Mindee...I thought you had mentioned working before so that's good. I am starting the tj tomorrow so will be watching them again today. I think I will try to walk myself thru them. I'm still going to walk too.

Nothing going on today, as usual. Just going to watch the tj dvds and get a feel for them like I told Mindee. Going to finish up my book finally! Have about 50 pages to read.

Hop eyou ladies are enjoying your weekend!

Mom2Gaby
01-06-2008, 04:00 PM
Good Afternoon --

Adorable Jules!! I love babies, so jealous. Hugs to you :)

Yes, we have indoor pools Cristina. I guess OR doesn't get as cold as the east but it has been rainy, snowy, fresszing lately. I think I will look into a pool party for Gab next month when she turns 6...........yikes!! 6,,,,

Mindee - hi sweetie!!

on the run!! Chat later

tommysgirl18
01-06-2008, 06:12 PM
hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end.....just hanging out at home. the boys are grounded today and tomorrow so no special treats for them. (i.e. no movies, no special treats, nothing)

Jules~ What a handsome big boy he is!!! How is Dave handling being a daddy? That picture of him with Dominick is cute!

Cristina~ I figured that I should do some kind of exercise while I am waiting for my TJ. That way I won't completely kill myself trying to do it.

SuzyQ~ Stay warm!

Sassy_Chick
01-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Hey all,

Its warm here today. Still is 60 degrees! Making people sick though. My DH is sick. He is at work and has a fever and vomited all over the floor. I told him to call our boss and that way he is covered if he wants to come home. He wants to try to stick it out.

So I just hope that I don't get it because I have 3 nights this week to get through (M-W) I don't wanna be using any of my personal time on being sick......:p

Congrat's Jules!! :bb:

Well that is about it.

:hug:

suetalks
01-06-2008, 10:42 PM
Quick "hi" from me. DH and I are off on an adventure tomorrow. Will be gone until late Wed. I will check in later this week.
Jules....Anxious to hear more about your new "grand." He is a dollbaby.

Sassy- Hope you don't get sick and DH recovers quickly.

Susan- Darn, I meant to try to find you on Myspace so I could see McDreamy. Have fun!

Cristina and Mindee- Don't Turbo too hard. We need you here. :)

Katy- Glad your date night was fun. I am going to have a "date" three days. DH and I are going away for our WA. Tomorrow we are married 31 years.

Bye all!

tommysgirl18
01-07-2008, 01:33 AM
Sassy~ I hope you don't get sick! It was really warm here on Sunday. It is suppose to be close to 60 on Monday. As I type this, my weather bug just went from 48.2 degrees to 50.0 degrees! Our snow is almost all gone!

Sue~ I won't be turboing just yet....I have to wait to get mine. BUt I will make a promise not to turbo too hard when I get it!

FrouFrou
01-07-2008, 02:21 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY SUE & HUBBY! I know you won't see this for a few days but wanted to say it anyway. Enjoy your three days! :cheers::val1:

MINDEE...okay, so what did the boys do to get grounded? They are so little though, lol. That's good starting them young with the discipline. I see so many kids that just run crazy and the parents just don't care.

SUSAN...did you say 6, yikes! Where has the time gone? Geez, she is growing too fast! Bet she would love a pool party though.

SASSY...hope your hubby is feeling better today. V had the same thing Sunday and I told him to stay away from me! Already had it and I don't want it again. That was truly the worst. You be careful not to get it either.

HIYA JULES, & KATY :wave:

Started my turbo jam this morning and man, what a workout! geez, I think I got a better workout with just the learn and burn than what I could ever get in with walking a hour. I am feeling good about that though. Pretty much got most of the moves down...will take me a few more times to get it completely and to get up to the speed they are doing but I am very confident that I will. And I must say I had fun doing it! Also got some walking in too!

Getting laundry done and a few things on the computer and that's about it for my day.

Have a great Monday ladies!

RosieKate
01-07-2008, 03:16 PM
Cristina- between you and Mindee, am certainly curious about Turbo Jam now - sounds like fun. I wish I were more successful at working out at home, but I just don't keep up with it when I try. I'm good at getting outside for walks, though :)

I have been on the computer all morning, cleaning up the financial house, so to speak. Closed the books on 2007 - yay! However, I am fried from sitting in front of this screen all morning so I am just gonna say HI for now...bbl I hope...

tommysgirl18
01-07-2008, 11:12 PM
hello ladies.....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end.....I finally bit the bullet and pulled out the 30 minute work out video that Tommy bought me a while ago. I was fine until I sat down with Brandon to cuddle. When I went to stand up, I was all stiff. So, as long as I do it and then keep moving I will be fine! But I feel great that I did it, and I am debating about doing it tomorrow. I will probably do it every other day for now until I get it all figured out and my muscles conditioned for it!

Cristina~ The boys decided to "paint" with their poop. (ewwwwwwww!) But they have done it three times so far. The first time we just let it go, the second time they got grounded for the rest of the day, and this last time they got grounded for two days with no special treats, no movies, and a couple of their toys taken away because they had attitudes. All is well now that they are ungrounded. I agree with you about seeing the crazy kids running around with no adult supervision. I can't wait to get my TJ now! I am going to continue to do the 30 minute express that I have right now so that I will be conditioned for the TJ when I get it.

I do have a question for you ladies though. Logan has been mean lately. He got a set of blocks that sit on a cart with wheels on it. Well, he likes the throw them and the cart, and usually on Marissa when he does it. He did it earlier today and got them taken away from him. Then while we were making dinner, he decided that it would be fun to sit and hit Marissa as hard as he could. Is this normal behavior for a two-year-old? Tommy thinks that he might be bipolar or something because one minute he is really good and nice and then something changes in him and he turns into a little meany. Part of me just wants to pass it off as being the terrible twos, while the other part of me wonders if there is anything to it all. What do you ladies think?

Katy~ How are your hands feeling? Have you given them time to relax since all the knitting?

Sassy_Chick
01-08-2008, 12:08 AM
Hi All.

Well not sick, yet at least, but very very tired. :tired: Did not sleep well at all yesterday. (Monday) I think I've mentioned about our furnance and that it um has never worked right from day one for us? Well it has gotten a lot worse so now when its cold, we are on Emergency Heat, well since its been warm out, its been hot in the apt. (we live upstairs) So we wanted the air on while we slept during the day, not. Forgot if it doesn't work for the heat, it won't work for the air either. So we sweated to death and I can't sleep when I am hot so I tossed and turned. We had windows open and fans on, but it was hot, about 76 degrees in the apt. (too hot to sleep at least!!) Well DH did talk to the owner and she said it is our heat pump and so they have to replace that. I just wonder how long its been bad? Our furnance hasn't worked right from day one.

So I am battling to stay awake. :tired: I so wanted to call off but really couldn't do it and plus want to save my personal time so I can take a week off eventually........

DH is feeling a bit better but still not quite 100% yet........

Did you all happen to check out "How to Look Good Naked" Lastnight?? I watched it. OMG there is NO WAY I would do that though! They had this girl's body plastered on a side of a building for people to see!!! Um don't think so, not this chicky. lol. But it was amazing the transformation. Amazing how clothing and your attitude can make you look and feel better!!!

Well that is about all.............

tommysgirl18
01-08-2008, 12:44 AM
Sassy~ I hope your furnace gets fixed ASAP! And I hope that you don't get sick! It seems like there is a lot of sick bugs going around!

FrouFrou
01-08-2008, 01:26 AM
HIya ladies, again!

MINDEE....eeeewww! Disgusting! I think we all have a poop story though, lol. I know when Jason was little he had the runs and he didn't play in it but it just got everywhere in his crib. His dad said to me...you better go check him he has sh*t everywhere and he was laughing. I thought he was kidding because he was always the big jokester. He wasn't! Ick! Gross! Yuck! I should have taken a picture, lol. Hey, maybe Logan has middle child syndrome. Josh is the middle child and was a little meany at times. But then so was DD. She hit Josh in the back of the head once with a toy gun someone bought them and it put a hole in his head...has a scar from it! I wouldn't think he would be bipolar...of course I don't really know or when one starts with it so. WTG with the workout!

KATY...I know what ya mean...I think I have been on the computer most of the day. I had about 400 pictures on the camera I needed to upload, ugh! Of course here I am again. Lovin the turbo jam and me too! I would rather be out but then at the same time I like being able to exercise in the comfort of my home. Don't have to get made up to go workout, lol.

SASSY...I can't sleep when it's hot either. The highest I have had the heat on here during the day is 72 and that's when I get really cold. At night though it goes down to 67 and we sleep with the ceiling fan going year round. I just sleep better in a cool room. Glad you are not sick and hope you don't get sick. :crossed:

Hiya Susan! How's it going?

I am getting ready to drag this old body to bed. Glad I can sleep in...nothing planned tomorrow except exercise.

Nighty, night ladies!

FrouFrou
01-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Just dropping by to say Hi...pretty quiet around here. :D

tommysgirl18
01-08-2008, 04:13 PM

Cristina~ That is what I am thinking about him having the middle child syndrome. I think it might be a combination of the middle child syndrome and the terrible twos all wrapped in one. Today he hasn't had a nap so right now he is being a monster.

Tommy has lodge tonight, so it is me and the kids for dinner. Once they go to bed I am planning on doing my workout DVD again. And possibly watching The Biggest Loser. I loved the show last season, and have yet to catch an episode of the couples one. So, if all goes well, and the kids cooperate with me on getting to bed then I will have plenty of time to get things done before Tommy gets home from lodge!

tommysgirl18
01-08-2008, 10:42 PM
Cristina~ Where do you find the weight related avatars? I googled weight loss avatars and weight related avatars and didn't find anything. Or even any thing that has quote related avatars. I have heard to check out photobucket, but I haven't made it over there yet.

FrouFrou
01-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Hiya Mindee...yeah, I think that is what I was thinking also. I wouldn't think that Logan is bipolar, you never know. But I would definitely keep an eye on it, sounds like he is just acting out though. Hey, I pm'ed you. Did you get a chance to watch Biggest Loser? It's my favorite show now even if I do get angry at some of the people and want to throw something at them, lol. There's a new show I want to see when it comes on. Can't remember the name but it was about people who want kids and then borrow some to see what it is like, looks funny. I don't really care for realtiy tv but do make exceptions, lol. Hope you are having a good day!

Hi to everyone else :wave:

jules1216
01-09-2008, 09:03 PM
http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=msegrlr.czmnqlv&Uy=h6547j&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0

Quickie for me....I definitely am enjoying being grandma!!

tommysgirl18
01-10-2008, 12:56 AM
Cristina~ Thanks for the PM. I haven't made it over there yet, but I am about to go over there! I caught some of the biggest loser on Tuesday night, but I was having issues with Brandon and bed time so I missed parts just before the weigh in. I haven't seen commercials for that show....what channel is it on/going to be on?

Jules~ It is good to hear from you! I love your new avatar!!! I love the pictures! How is the new family doing? How is Teri and Dave handling being parents?

Mom2Gaby
01-10-2008, 02:13 PM
Good Morning

Mindee & Jules - you both have cute avatars with the babies!!

Thanks for sharing Baby Dominicks pictures Jules. What a beautiful baby, his skin flawless and I love his baby items, and his cute little hat. *sigh.....*wah, I want a baby!! :)

I am busy with work search so not much time on the computer this week. I wanted to say hello though!! :)

Swim night Katy! Hope I can stand it, seeemd crowded last Tuesday, it was nice to see you and the kids though!!

k- later gators!!

tommysgirl18
01-10-2008, 02:39 PM
SuzyQ~ It is good to hear from you! Have fun tonight! Have you seen McDreamy lately?

Mom2Gaby
01-10-2008, 03:29 PM
Mindee - aw, you are sweet!! I hate this job search thing. I do have a lot of marketable skills though :) so I just want a job quick, please!! haha

Swim night is something also I hate. We usually have been going at 7:20 but now we go at 6:10 and it is so crowded and Gab has the same teacher who annoys me. So, I was pissy last Tuesday. And of course Katy is there and now I feel fat....lol
Ugh......and Gab's father is there like a thorn in my side.
McDreamy is around, I think we have plans for Saturday night to go to his gathering of rowing men. Like Vikings. lol Otherwise we email daily and he is fine with the new term starting up, busy, busy.

k- headed to graze on some food. Mooooooo.

RosieKate
01-10-2008, 05:10 PM
Sorry I've been gone - getting back in to the swing of things has made for a busy week.

Susan- I was just thinking about how fat I was feeling - lol I love that sweater you were wearing - great color. I have back to back meetings tonight, so DH will take the kids, but I'll be there next Tuesday. How's the job search going?

Jules- THANKS for the great pics - Nick is sooo cute...I miss having babies around.

Cristina - Congrats on meeting your second 10 pound goal - WTG! I know I'm late in congratulating you, but better late than never, right?

Hi Sassy, Mindee and Sue

I'm pretty behind, so sorry for leaving people out. Hope you are all well. I have to go get ready for my WL group meeting, then it's on to PTA. I may ditch PTA if I'm too tired, we'll see. I managed to maintain through the holidays, for the most part. I'm up a little this week, but it's also TOM, so I'm not changing the ticker yet. I'll be drinking lots of water to try to get rid of this bloaty feeling.

Cheers

Mom2Gaby
01-10-2008, 07:16 PM
Oh, I bought that sweater at Goodwill, $4.99. I liked it. I wore it for my 1st date with McDreamy. I told him I wasn't dressing up but wearing something that made me feel comfortable. Translation, I can't afford to go out to buy something new. lol
Job search is ok. It is the home front that is driving me crazy. Sorry, you won't be there tonight, either will Gab's father. I guess I will sit there and put on evil hex on the swim teacher. lol
See all the tornado coverage?? Crazy weather.
k- back to the kids!!

Sassy_Chick
01-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Hey Chicks! :wave:

Well I have successfully fought off the sickness!! Guess my "Fat Cells" are doing something right!!! *Bouncing off the Sickies!!!* :p

I have been SO tired this week. I am glad my work week is OVER!! Just ever want something different? I feel like I've been trapped in this huge fat body and there is this thin women inside that wants out and wants to LIVE life, not just watch it pass by. Ho-Hum........I need to just DO IT as Nike says...........and quit talking :blah: about it.

Hope you all are well.

tommysgirl18
01-11-2008, 12:12 AM

nothing new on this end.....just about to go and sit with Brandon since he is crying. then it will be off to work out some, and then to finish up on here. I am going to then go to bed.....hopefully a little earlier then I have been! I really need to get to bed sooner then I have been.

SuzyQ~ Have fun with McDreamy and his rowing men!

Katy~ How are you doing?

a quick hello to every one else.....I will be back either later tonight or tomorrow!

jules1216
01-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Quickie as I am out the door to do a bunch of stuff!! Including watching Nick so Teri and Dave can run to Walmart.

Mom2Gaby
01-11-2008, 01:14 PM
Sounds like everyone needs a restful weekend!!!

Hugs to little Brandon, Mindee. I hope he didn't cry for long.

Sassy - I have a fat lady inside of me too :) In 98 I was 245/250 and so out of shape. I remember climbing the stairs to the girls school and having to stand outside before I went in because I was so out of breath.I must have been 34/35- something like that. I think though when I asked another mother to take Rach into the pool at a pool party I knew I had to do something with the weight. Being a mom and missing out because of the shame of my body was unacceptable. Of course there are large women that can do all that, bless their hearts, I wasn't one of them. Anyway - just do it is right!! :hug:..and you can!

Jules - Lucky Lady getting to babysit!!

k- just checking in. I weighed and I was down a pound! Yippeeee skippeeee. lol...........eek, grown woman writing that.

So ready for the weekend!! Gab's dad is making his way up from California, so I am hoping he makes it for me date night!! Priorities ya know....

bbl......!!

tommysgirl18
01-11-2008, 04:37 PM

nothing new on this end....just waiting for Tommy to get home. He went right from work to an interview with another temp agency. so hopefully he will get some more job offers from there! Then we will be off to Wal-Mart, and then Tommy wants Chinese for dinner. My mom sent us an email that they are doing a joint birthday party for my sister who was just here on our nephew Dominic who will be one on the 13th. My three other sisters that live down here are going up there (and since Tommy got a bigger check this week, I am hoping to go up there) and my mom would like to have all five of us girls there if possible. The only thing that was really on the agenda for tomorrow was for Tommy to go to a friends house to get another dresser for the boys since he is moving to Ohio. we shall see what he says when he gets home from work. Tommy's oldest brother is having a birthday party for his son tomorrow, and his brother's wife claims that it is a really small party (just her parents, my in-law's, her brother and his family, and my BIL) but she sent me (and Tommy) an email stating that she is having a big party tomorrow for her son. So, I am sure Tommy will let her know about it. (she claims that since we never invite them to birthday parties is the reason why we didn't get invited (we don't invite them because they can't get along with my SIL and her boyfriend). Then she told Tommy on the phone that since money is tight, they are only having the people that I just listed over. Tommy was going to have his mom call as soon as they left the party to let him know who all was there. He said that if there were more then the people that she mentioned, then he is going to call her and let her have it. (I don't blame him one bit)

Jules~ Have fun watching little Nick!!!

SuzyQ~ Have fun on your date night!

jules1216
01-11-2008, 07:45 PM
Mindee--tell Tommy good luck with the job hunting.

SuzyQ--have fun on your date!!

Sassy--our inner skinnies are talking to each other--I am trying to drown mine in water so she comes out...

Katy--tom of the month is coming here too...trying to curb the chocolate & salt cravings!!

Cristina--read on the other thread your back is hurting--hope you are okay!!

I love being a grandma!! Dominic (Teri dropped the "k" and his poper name has an "o" on the end like Dave's Italian great great grandad) is such a good baby.

Mom2Gaby
01-12-2008, 12:18 AM
Just wanted to say good night. I am kind of enjoying some bread and mustard, it taste so good.
Mindee- Families are so weird, I don't blame Tommy one bit either. I hope everything works out.
Jules - hugs sweety!! Thinking of you :)
Cristina- Sorry about your back. I can't believe you are posting on another thread. haha,,,,,,,hugs to you!

anyway hi to Sue, Katy, Sassy, Michelle!!!

I better get Gab to bed. Her father is making his way up from California and will take her tomorrow at noon. I willl have fun on my date with McDreamy....if not there will be other hunky men at the dinner - lol -jk. He was taking the 28th off and was asking if I wanted to do something. I think a drive up the gorge would be nice. The gorge is up between Oregon and Washington, it is a beautiful drive.

blah - blah.............night!

tommysgirl18
01-12-2008, 01:47 AM
hello ladies.....

how are you all doing? nothing new on this end.....my mom sent me an email on Friday asking if we could come up there for my sister and my nephew's birthdays. well, I told her that we would have to check the bank account....she sent me an email back saying that if we make it up there, then she will give us gas money to get back home. so it looks like we will be taking a ride up north. (my mom is going to have all of her kids at her house.....as long as my oldest sister and her family come over!)

Jules~ That is how my nephew's name is spelled, but without the o on the end.

SuzyQ~ Tommy's brother's wife ended up emailing him back after he sent her an email, and she claimed that it isn't a big party....just who all was mentioned and a friend of Mikey's. More was said......but I don't want to bore any one with it all. Needless to say, we won't be going over there for anything any time soon!

Mom2Gaby
01-12-2008, 01:55 PM
Good Morning --

Rissa?? Is that your sweeties nickname Mindee?? How cute! I like the new avatar too:) A break from Family isn't a bad thing! I still am taking a vacation from my brother, the jerk. lol Hugs to you! Any plans for the weekend??? Is the birthday party this weekend???

Hi to Katy, Cristina, Michelle, Miss Sassy, Sue, and Grandma Jules!! Hope you ladies are doing well and enjoying the weekend!!

I weighed and went down a pound!! I was down as far as 166 so this is an encore pound.:encore: haha

k- had some oatmeal for breakfast and have boring chores to get done today. Gab went with her father @ 10:30am.

Pick up the current People magazine, it has a story about 3 ladies who met off of a diet site in person. It was interesting. It mentions 3fatchicks also as another diet site.

bbl :)

FrouFrou
01-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Hello ladies...

Thank you Jules...it is better today. I did manage to get up and do something, a little something. But I am taking it easy until I feel I can do something without fear of hurting my back again. Enjoy that little one and he is adorable! That is a GREAT picture/avatar...the little hat is too cute. Ha, the baby is too cute...I want one too!

Susan...I'm thinking you mean the Biggest Loser thread??? Yeah, I signed up with them a little while ago...I need a challenge to keep me going, I don't want to burn out and am on a roll with losing finally. Hope the ex made it today to get Gaby so you can meet McDreamy!

Katy...thank you, yes, better late than never is good. It's one of my mottos, lol.

Sassy...are you enjoying your weekend off? I like you new avatar and agree as well.

Mindee...sounds like the bd party is all about the gifts. I wouldn't worry so much about it. Love your avatar too. I remember when Jason couldn't crawl but rolled around the room, so cute!

Hiya Sue...glad you and DH had a nice mini-vaca.

I was on yesterday and for some reason couldn't access this thread, damn computer! I think it was the computer. Went and posted on other sites and this one would not come up. I tried a couple of things and then just got frustrated and walked away. My back was bothering me too so wasn't in the greatest mood...didn't even log off here or sign off the computer...had DD do it.

Anyway...feeling better today but still going to take it as easy as possible. It's killing me that I have not exercised since Wed, ugh! Killing me I tell ya! I am hoping to do some light exercise Monday...get back to business.

Have a great weekend ladies! Chat later :)

P.S...WTG SUSAN on the pound! :woohoo: :bravo:

tommysgirl18
01-13-2008, 03:28 AM

nothing new on this end....we ended up going up to my parents' house on Saturday and we had a blast. three of my four older sisters and their kids (and one husband) was there. it was a lot of fun, and I am actually glad that we went up there. we told the kids that we were going on a surprise ride...and they had to figure out where we were going. Brandon was the only one that stayed awake the whole ride up there.

we got some cute holiday decorations from my aunt and uncle and grandma that live in Texas. we got some diapers with all three kiddos....some wipes.....some clothes....some mittens/hats and what not. I even got my hair dyed and cut by my sister that was down here with us the week between Christmas and New Year's. (for those on myspace....I put up the pictures that we took while up there) I do have to say though that I have plenty more pictures coming.....so I will try and get over to the picture thread to post them.

SuzyQ~ Yup, Marissa's nickname is Rissa. I was trying to figure out a nickname out of her name, and that popped out of my mouth and has stuck. (unless my FIL talks about her.....then it is his Melissa girl) We pretty much call her Rissa all the time.....she only gets the Marissa when she is doing something she isn't suppose to be doing OR she is crying/freaking out. yup, the birthday party was on Saturday. Logan had a blast playing on the piano that my parents have. Tommy loved playing on the Wii and told me that he wants to get one now. We had so much fun.....that the kids were all asleep by the time we made it to the main road after leaving my parents house!

The other diet site that was mentioned in the People article, are the initials SP? If so, I am part of that board as well.

Cristina~ I have been having issues as well....but I think it is our laptop. I need to really go through and clean things up on Tommy's part of the computer and the guest part. I never did clean the guest part out after my sister was on here. And the other day I did a computer scan, and found two viruses and two trojans. (thankfully they got shoved into the virus vault) but I really need to go and do a major clean up on those two at least.

The bd party for Tommy's oldest brother's son, I guess was eventful. If I heard right from Tommy's end of the conversation with his brother that was invited, something got mentioned about us. I meant to ask Tommy but never got a chance to. So, instead we went and saw my family and had an awesome time! now Sunday, Tommy is going to a friend of ours' house and getting a dresser....and then laundry.

RosieKate
01-13-2008, 09:10 AM
Cristina - yikes - hope your back feels better soon; that's no fun.

Mindee - I do my calorie tracking on SP...haven't been over to the message boards yet...where do you hang out there? I think SP is very cool for food tracking - they have a recipe generator where I can put in my ingredients and get the nutritional information for my recipes....very helpful for all the homemade stuff I cook.

Susan- did you have a nice evening with McD?

Hi Sassy and Sue!

I did yoga and aerobics back to back yesterday and I am SORE this morning! So I am off to have my tea and wake up a little. Not much on tap for today other than church - it's bagpiper Sunday! I may head back to the gym, depending on how sore I am. I may go for a walk instead if it's not raining.

Mom2Gaby
01-13-2008, 03:21 PM
Good Morning!

Yes, Mindee. I had to go look it is SP. aww, children that fall asleep in the car! I like when Gab does that and I can have some quite time. She doesn't do it much though these days.

Katy- It is beautiful out isn't it?? It would be a nice day for a walk.

I weighed this morning and I was stable at 169! Surprised because I ate at 7 last night. I had pasta, pea salad and some steamed veggies. I met some of the rowing team. I guess the team needs 12 women on it so there was only 5 men there last night. Not that I was all set to look and muscle men. lol
A lot of the team are teachers and college staff, they did have 2 young members. One couple who work at the college invited McDreamy and me to their super bowl party next month, so that was nice. McDreamy was voted co captain and I felt like a proud date. lol

anyway - I did enjoy the evening. I met the son and his girlfriend this go around. I still am waiting 6 months for him to meet my kids, if we are still hanging out, that is.

Today I think I will do some shopping and get some veggies and fruit in the house. Gab's dad took her to the doctor yesterday for her rash and was all upset this moring about her weight. I guess she has gained 26 pounds in one year. I said she has also grown a lot too, I mean she is 4'2 at 84 pounds. A litte chubby. I would rather focus on activity instead of her diet, she really doesn't eat a lot of fattie food. He is annoying, I am sure he cares but I don't need a pow wow on her with him.

blah -blah.....
better get! Hope everyone is well!!

tommysgirl18
01-13-2008, 05:08 PM

nothing new on this end....just putzing around online. a normal relaxing Sunday around here. Tommy went and picked up a dresser from a friend of ours. So, when Logan gets up later then we I will have to pick up the pants drawer that he put all over the floor.....and then get the dresser into their room and put together.

Katy~ I am all over the place on SP. I have so many groups that I am in over there. I will send you a PM with my screen name over there so you can find me. Right now, I am in a group that are slimming down for July 4th of this year. How do you like Yoga? There is a pose in my workout dvd where they mention the downward dog position....and it sparked my interest in getting some Yoga dvd's. Are there any for beginners? I heard that it is more for sculpting and toning your body. Are there any benefits as in using it as a workout DVD?

SuzyQ~ I have heard from a couple of people about that article.....and I was looking on People's website to see if they put them online, but they don't. Sounds like you had a lot of fun with McDreamy! When the kids had an appointment at the end of October, the dietician that had to talk to me, told me that all three of my kids were overweight. And she looked me in the face and said "and since one of their parents is obese, that makes them more prone to being obese as well." I looked her back in the eye and said "I am working on my weight, and they don't eat junk food all that often. They love their fruits and vegetables. And besides Marissa is only 6 (I think that is how old she was) months old, she will thin out once she gets mobile!"

I have to do somethings and then I have to put together the boys' dresser once Logan wakes up. Brandon was wandering around the house when Marissa and Logan were asleep trying to find something to do. I think when they sleep and he is awake during the day, he gets bored. He kept coming into the bathroom when i was taking a shower to show me that he had Tommy's pop.

FrouFrou
01-13-2008, 10:19 PM
Nuthin going on...just dropping by to say HI.

MINDEE...glad you guys decided to go to your family's house and that you guys had a great time. I'll go and check out your myspace pics...was having a time with that last night on someone elses page...it locked up the puter twice!

KATY...it gets better with each day that passes, but this time is weird and I may go to the doc. WTG on the exercise!

tommysgirl18
01-14-2008, 01:38 AM
hello ladies....how is every one?

well, I managed to get my chores done, and then some. I went through Logan's clothes but kept some of the in his size since he still fits into some of them. So, as he outgrows them, then I will put them away. He has a big head for some of the neck parts of the shirts......so I put some of those away already.

Cristina~ Tommy talked to his mom, and I guess Tommy was the talk of the party at his brother's house. I guess Al's brother's wife's SIL had asked my MIL how we were doing and my MIL told her. Then she asked how Brandon, Logan, and Marissa were doing and I guess Al's wife lost it and went nutso! So, I guess it was a good thing that we didn't go!! (Like Tommy said though.....it is nice for once for her to get upset about something since it is usually the other way around)

FrouFrou
01-14-2008, 02:10 AM
Mindee...sounds like the woman has problems! That's what she gets for not inviting you guys!

Susan...I can't remember what the kids were at that age height and weight wise. Glad you and mcdreamy had a nice time.

Okay, off to bed.

Sassy_Chick
01-14-2008, 02:56 AM
Hi All. :wave:

Just wanted to post and be honest and say that I am not doing well right now, just struggling, as I know we all have at one time or another, but I think this time its a good thing, as it has made me aware of things that I needed to be aware of.

So anyways, I just wanted to be honest.

I hope you all have a Wonderful Week!!!

RosieKate
01-14-2008, 10:53 AM
Sassy...sorry you are not doing well...we are here for you if you need to vent. I don't know about you, but I am having a difficult time keeping my spirits up when it is dark outside all the time...and rainy ( well, here, anyway). I try to get outside for a walk in the fresh air and that seems to help a little...then again I just let myself wallow, too!

Cristina....hope your back is feeling better today. Got a chiropractor - they can be very helpful if you don't mind getting adjusted. I get impatient with myspace, there's too much stuff on people's pages and they take forever to load! I don't go over there that often, but I do to check the BIK pages....

Mindee - my pediatrician cautioned me about L's weight also, but had significantly better bedside manner than yours I have to say. I think they all got a memo or something. Everything they are saying is true of course, but it's true from a scientific study point of view, not necessarily true for our individual children, if that makes any sense. I know it has to start with kids...the stats say that 2/3 of adults are or are going to be obese, so that means try to catch them while they are young, kwim? BTW, I am dltrkr over on spark or SP ( in case I get blipped for that)

Susan - yay for 169....I would love to be at 169...that's the next 10-lb sweater! Yesterday was lovely and I did get a nice walk in. Don't let M get you freaked about Gaby...she eats right and you are making sure she's active...time will take care right? My kids tend to get tummies rights before they hit a growth spurt, so I try not to get too concerned about the weight. It's hard because my mom put me on diets at a young age, and I remember her being very concerned about me and my weight...when I look back at the pictures I see a healthy little girl. Then I grew up and became and emotional eater...gee I wonder why, lol!

Hi Jules and Sue, and anyone else reading this! Well, my weight keeps bouncing around the same 2-3 pounds. Time to stop drinking beer, lol! Today is rather uneventful...both kids have play dates. I need to clean house, blah blah blah. Need to catch up the knitting blog. I might finish knitting a pair of socks today.

I am one happy girl today because Masterpiece Theatre (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/) is going to have adaptations for every Jane Austen novel. Lots of tv to knit by :) Last night they started with Persuasion, my favorite JA novel. DH taped it for me because I cannot stay up that late any more..how sad.

Mom2Gaby
01-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Good Morning Chicks!

Sparks People, there. I don't know why we have to be scared, it isn't like a link. You have to work to get there (haha) . Besides it is another place of support and isn't that what it is all about??

omg- I have such road rage lately. I hate Hillsdale and all the dang SUV's, cell talking ladies who can spend all day at Starbucks and Baker Spice. They get in my way....don't they know I am unemployed???? I have to get around there lazy butt cars who block my way.

anyway -

Sassy -:hug::hug::hug: I am sorry you are down. Remember you can come here to vent and do what you need too. I agree with Katy. Sometimes the gloom of winter can be a challenge. Some days I feel so depressed and really have to work and doing little things. Seeing the sun out makes such a difference....:flow2:

Mindee - Ignore the medical person. You know your child, you know what they eat. You know what good eating is all about. I am not impressed with Gab's dad coming in and waving around the doctors notes saying she is obese and has gained 20 odd pounds in the last year. I doubt that anyway,it wasn't even her regular doctor.

Katy - I know , myspace takes forever on some computers!! My goal is 168 by Friday. Maybe you should switch to wine?? I have several glasses on the weekends and doesn't seem to matter either way. lol

Cristina - How are you?? How is the back?? Hope you are feeling better:hug: What is on tap for the exercise this week? I don't think I am doing anything - lol jk. McD is a sweety, I might see him Friday and Saturday this coming week. Who knows. He didn't get enough people enrolled in his class so he won't have a Friday class to teach this term.

Jules - Thinking of you!

Sue - You too!!

Michelle - and where are you??? lol hugs

So, besides the work, kids and McDreamy topic's I am reading To Kill A Mockingbird. Sleeping better and staying away from toxic ex's. lol

bbl!

FrouFrou
01-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Hello ladies...

KATY...I usually only go to myspace when bored or someone sends me something and yes, I too am impatient with the loading of some pages. I try to clean out the comments on mine which makes it easier for me but nothing you can do on someone elses, lol. I quit going to the chiroprator...I am in the mode that they manipualte your body so you have to go back all the time. Although, I did feel good when I went. But...the last time I went and my back was out a little, not as bad as this time...it made it worse so I don't go when it is out, I think it would kill me. Hey, what a great goal award...certainly worth getting to goal for! Enjoy your movies!

SASSY...sorry you aren't feeling so great. I know for me the weather gets to me too, and being in the house so much like I have been and out of commission. I try not to let things get me down but when you can't even move around, ugh! I feel like a caged animal. Glad you are checking in with us...hope that helps you some. Lots of hugs to ya! :hug: :hug:

SUSAN...maybe the doc made the ex feel concerned because of the gain, Gaby is tall for her age, isn't she? Geez, it's terrible but I can't remember what the kids were at that age...don't think any of them were that tall. The book sounds good and one day I am going to read it. I've seen the movie several times but I don't recall reading the book. I'm in a book reading mood and am getting ready to start #4 of my 3-4 book goal this month-woohoo! :lol: I have to agree with you about the SVU cell talking mommas, lol! They annoy me at times too...DD says it so cliche, and stepwive'ish...all the blondes driving their tahoes and talking on the phone! See it everywhere!

HIya Sue, Jules, Mindee :wave:

Nothing much going on today. Going to get some exercise done here in a few minutes and some laundry. Feeling much better but I have to be careful for a few more days so not exercising in full speed. I'll get back to it though.

Have a good one ladies!

Mom2Gaby
01-14-2008, 05:18 PM
Cristina - I suppose the SUV demons are eveywhere. How annoying! I love the book, and the humor. I wish I could name my daughter Scout, spunky little girl. I went to Blockbusters and the copies were out on the movie (To Kill A Mockingbird) , I have never seen the video before.
McDreamy said he never read the book either. It is like how do you get a master degree without reading the classics? I think he is reading some sicko Ann Rice books.
anyway -
Gab is 4'2. Her father comes a-flutter, I don't mind him one grain of thought. I guess my problem is I still would like to know where he has been 1/2 her life to show so much concern now. I guess that is my hang up. His older daughter (15years) is close to 200 pounds and his ex wife is probably close to 300. I know that has always been a concern of his and probably doesn't want the weight problem repeated in Gab. So, that is fair.

I am glad you are feeling better!! :)

tommysgirl18
01-14-2008, 06:27 PM

nothing new on this end.....just stopping by while waiting for the meat to defrost so I can make meatloaf for dinner!

the dietician that I had to talk with at the end of October, had nothing to do with their pediatrician's office. They had a WIC appointment, and that lady had to talk to me before I could leave. Their pediatrician just tells us to keep doing what we have been doing. He isn't worried about their weights right now. (the dietician told me that their height to weight ratio was what was making them in the obese category!) What I thought was funny is that they seem to start with my shortness and then as they get older, they are adding some height to themselves.

Cristina~ Yup....she has major issues!!!! How is your back today?

Sassy~ I will keep you in my thoughts during this time....like you mentioned, we all struggle at one time or another. This too shall pass, and it will only make us stronger as we go through the tough times.

Katy~ I added you as a friend over on SP. I agree....I think that they all got a memo of some kind. But like I mentioned above, their actual pediatrician isn't worried about their weight because he sees them more then the dietician does.

SuzyQ~ YAY for 169!!! I would love to be sitting pretty at 169.....but alas, I have to get into Onderland first! I think that is an issue when another doctor/medical personal sees your child......that is why the lady said something. She isn't the one that always sees them. In fact, all she did was look at their files and not them.

SuzyQ~ Is McDreamy reading the Sleeping Beauty trilogy by Anne Rice? My sister is a HUGE Anne Rice fan, and I borrowed them from her after she had recommended them as good readings. I only read the first one of the three because another friend of hers was reading the other ones.

Sassy_Chick
01-14-2008, 11:50 PM
Hi Chicks!!! :wave:

Well I feel much better today. I guess I just had a blue weekend for some reason.

Anywho, trying to stay positive, even though yes I know at times that is hard to do, but I'm ok...........;) Not seeing the sun could be it because with my shift esp and now being winter, it looks the same going into work as it does leaving work -- dark. lol. But even though haven't seen any sign of the sun in a while.........lol. Maybe I should take a vacation to Florida or California?? :beach: lol.

Well that is about it for now, again I appreciate all the support!!! You Gals Rock!!! :cheer:

tommysgirl18
01-15-2008, 12:22 AM
Sassy~ That could be it. I remember hearing somewhere that there is something out there when you don't see the sun in a while. I can't remember what it is called for the life of me right now.

Sassy_Chick
01-15-2008, 02:50 AM
Sassy~ That could be it. I remember hearing somewhere that there is something out there when you don't see the sun in a while. I can't remember what it is called for the life of me right now.

Its called S.A.D. = Seasonal Affective Disorder (http://www.ncpamd.com/seasonal.htm)

suetalks
01-15-2008, 01:24 PM
Had a laugh about the SUV demons. Yes...they are everywhere.

Hi ladies, another wintry, cold day here and I am staying indoors. Want to go to Target, but brrrr, don't want to bundle up.

I have been doing the usual: laundry, household stuff, and reading. Just got some soup out of the freezer to heat and that will save me from cooking. Toss a salad and call it dinner. Lazy, lazy, (it's the weather I tell ya.)

Eight days and we are out of here for a week. I hope the sun is shining in Vegas.

Okay, just some random things here for now. Hope you are all seeing some sun today.

FrouFrou
01-15-2008, 01:46 PM
Hiya ladies...

SUE...take me with you! I want to make a trip to Vegas but V has no desire to go. Imagine that, anyone not wanting to go to Vegas. Oh well, I guess I will just have to settle for Hawaii, lol. That is...if the wedding is still going to be there.

SUSAN...totally understandable. I wouldn't want someone butting in after not having anything to do with her for so many years...like all of a sudden he woke up and said...I think I'll be the perfect, dotting dad now-whatever! I like your new avatar. That book is definitely on my list...I have a running list of books I want and books I have read so I don't duplicate...or try not to. Had to take one to Barnes and Noble this morning because I bought it online and didn't look to see if I had it.

MINDEE...guess I missed it that someone said your kids were getting too big...WHAT?! They look tiny to me. And yeah, who cares what the dietician says...they go by some dumb average thing that doesn't make sense to me. I would just listen to the doc that sees them too!

HIYA SASSY....glad to see you posting. :hug:

Nothing much going on. Had some errands to run this morning and must say, it was nice to get out of the house. Feeling better by still not where I should be and where I can exercise like I want. DId manage 60 minutes on the treadmill yesterday...a very slow 60 minutes! Seemed like a waste of a walk but at least it was something and I was moving. Going to do the same today too.

Mom2Gaby
01-15-2008, 03:56 PM
Good Afternoon -

Sue! Hi, nice to see you pop in, have missed you. Envy your trip to Vegas, surely it will be sunny?

Sassy - When I worked in public housing there was times I heard about heat lamps or light lamps?? It helps with the gloomy dark days of winter. You probably have heard about it? Anyway, hang in there!

Mindee- I will ask McDreamy about what he is reading - something about vampires. eek.....lol

Cristina - So, Miss Exercise Queen , how are you today?? I like the avatar too, takes forever to find one that you like. Some I couldn't download for some reason. Gab's dad is waaaay annoying. We went to go over special eduaction papers to get Gab into speech through the school system this morning and I swear he drolled on and on about his experties in Gabriellism. I could have screamed. Oh, wait. I did......
Legally he can't sign papers for her, I am the costodial parents but he carries on like he can. It just irks me. I love little Scout! I am almost done with the book.

anyway - I have been itching for weeks. I think it might be the soap I use in the laundry?? Who knows....

another annoying thing is the parking lot at school. SUV Queens take it on themselves to do U turns in the middle of the parking lot. So, you have little kids crossing and cars going both ways and oh ya.....u-turns. Someone is going to get killed by years end. Today I was waiting for an elderly lady to cross to her car and since it was icy it took her an extra minute or two. Not soon enough for the SUV *B* to honk her horn at me. tsk, tsk....you think with her arse so high up in the air she could see I was waiting for a HUMAN to cross.

*sigh, I am getting so cranky in my old age. haha

k- better get........I had toast and a banana for breakfast, so I better go get some lunch in me.

ta ta...and hello to Jules, Katy, and Mitchelle

jules1216
01-15-2008, 07:57 PM
SUV demons are here too...we have a 1/2 and hour one way drive to and from work with most of it on the interstate (actual 2 interstates 81 & 70 with having to switch from one to the other)....I think someone mentioned SAD--hubby gets that--becomes a bear and needs to hibernate some days cause he's such a grouch....kids sizes---my kids were both skinny and ate lots of veggies--people made comments on if we were feeding them enough which only got worse when we went throught the vegetarian stage--unfortunately I was never below 180 after Teri...speaking of Teri--I always knew she was going through a growth spurt when she gained in the butt....families can be crazy--Dave's mom is nutso--got mad at Teri cause she wouldn't let her stay in the room through the labor and delivery--Teri always made it very clear it would be me, her friend Geneva & Dave--crazy woman didn't come to see my precious little Dominic for a week--her loss--Teri was upset at first but has moved to mad...there are reasons that ex's are ex's....myspace does take FOREVER to load...I have to check out SP again...had done it for a little while--I think Katy told me about it awhile back.....

Whew.....did I get it all in....

Hubby actually went with me to DC last weekend!! We went to a motorcycle show and he rode the metro and everything---pure shock for me!!! He never wants to go anywhere. Spent the day with Teri & the baby today and even got to see Ry some. I had such a good time. Washing baby clothes tonight. I paid off my consolidation loan this month--WOOHOO!! Three long years of being TIGHT!! Now I have almost a full paycheck a month to catch up on a few things over the next few months and I might be able to get myself a "new" used car!!

tommysgirl18
01-16-2008, 02:09 AM

nothing new on this end.....I fell back into eating late at night....so I need to kick it back into high gear and stop it! I had two Cherry Coke Zeros on Tuesday. but I had to dump one out because I had taken a bite of something with some sugar in it, and for some reason mixing that with Cherry Coke Zero made me want to throw up! The rest of the day I was drinking water so I made up for it!

Sassy~ I was thinking that is was called SAD, but I couldn't remember what it stood for! How are you feeling today?

I think the SUV demons are all over the place! Tommy hates them more then I do! He always says "they think that they own the road because they have this big truck/suv."

Sue~ I hope that the sun is out and shining brightly for you guys in Vegas! Tommy wants to go but I have reservations about airplanes.

Cristina~ Yup, the dietitian told me that since one of the kids' parents was obese, it raises their chances of being obese when they get bigger. I wanted to punch the lady out! Their pediatrician has never said anything about them being obese or anything! In fact, Logan and Marissa both had appointments with their pediatrician the following week, and I mentioned to the nurse what the dietitian had said, and she looked at me and said "don't worry about what she said! they are definitely not obese by looking at them."

SuzyQ~ I have never read any of Anne Rice's books until my sister told me that I needed to read those ones. I am not one for books on vampires either! I hate SUV drivers like that! They really piss me off!

Jules~ How are you doing? How is the new little family doing? That sounds like people asking about the kiddos! They ask me if we are feeding Brandon and Logan. Ummmmmmm....hello?!?! They are boys....they eat us out of house and home, even if the scale doesn't show it! Sometimes I feel like I have to tape a day in the life of me just so people will know that they are eating! Dave's mom sounds like my mom when Brandon was born. She called me just as I was getting ready to push, and so of course I started to cry during a contraction while on the phone with her. The doctor's were in the room making sure that I was in fact ready to push, and noticed a deceleration in Brandon's heart rate because of the crying. So, the doctor told Tommy to take the phone from me. My mom proceeded to get pissed off at Tommy, so Tommy hung up the phone on her! (he did call the next day and apologize) But she didn't see Brandon for the first time until he was 6 weeks old! (she had gone right past the hospital with my BIL and sister after leaving another hospital for my sister)

FrouFrou
01-16-2008, 02:28 AM
Hiya chickies...

Susan...I would be so frustrated with the ex, ugh! With my big mouth there would never be any peace, lol. of course I would never do it in front of the kids. Oh the tales of the SUV bimbos, lol! Just really annoying! I think where we live we have the rudest, worst drivers ever. Yeah, I have that problem with some of the avatars...most of the GIF ones and some of the Jpeg, I think it is are fine but the art and others...can't get them. And it does take forever to find one...geez! Hundreds of stinking pages I swear!

Jules...is Ryan still planning on a move to Oregon? Or was it Washington? Ugh, can't remember...it't late, I'm sleepy and not thingking straight, what can I say. I've not met Josh's GF's parents and don't really want or feel the need to, lol. I know one day we will have to, maybe but whatever. And what a stupid thing for her to get mad about and not see her own grandbaby! Geez, grow up already!

Mindee...I don't know how you drink that zero stuff period...it would make me sick too! :lol: Kidding...wonder what it was that made you almost sick. DD drinks a strawberry soda to stay away from so much caffeine but with certain food she has a dr pepper. Of course then she has pepsi with certain foods too, lol! I just drink water, tea or diet coke. Seems like the diet coke goes with everything, for me anyway.

Okay ladies, I am sleepy and off to lala land. I'll chat tomorrow sometime. Going to go with Jason for lunch.

Mom2Gaby
01-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Good Afternoon -

Hump Day! Thank goodness. Down a pound, so pleased with that. Still an encore pound but I will take it!

Jules - Hugs!! Great to see you posting and the update on Teri.

Mindee- Yay! Finally the Mommy in the avatar! :) I checked w/ McDreamy and he said actually it is a Laurel Hamilton book he is reading - kind of like a poor version of Ann Rice - haha. Anyway, he doesn't like it much but is making his way through it and is also reading Al Gore's Absence of Reason. blah - blah.

Cristina - I think Ryan was moving to central Oregon , more near Marti. Like Jules says there are reasons they are ex's. He has such a pushy personality and I am not assertive. I just sat at the meeting rolling my eyes and looking at the clock.I don't need to spew on my *Gaby expertise* - I know that child inside out. I did a *How you grow* paper for her that hangs in the hallway outside of her classroom and I used 4 pictures, 3 of which he had never seen. He has missed that much of her life. I know he loves her and she him. I just want him to shut up already. lol

hee haw...I need to detox. I don't know why I am so pissy. I don't even want to start on the schools parking lot today - I will just say U-turn and the rudest parents in the world - geez. lol

I had a banana and slim fast for breakfast. Went to the V.A with the other toxic ex because he had an appt. He told me he was up for radiation of the balls and I wasn't about to miss that! It was really learning how to take his own blood pressure. So, I was annoyed. I read To Kill and bought a nice red sweater in the canteen for $7, down from $23. Ate some tender roast beef w/ veggies for lunch.

Ready for the weekend!! yay......almost here.

k- bbl - hope you all are having a good day!

FrouFrou
01-16-2008, 04:10 PM
:lol::joker::rofl::rofl::lol3:OMG Susan you are killing me! The radiation of the radiation of the balls comment has me laughing so stinking hard I am crying! Okay, I think I have it together now, lol! Such a cool idea...the chart. I never thought to do anything like that. WTG on the pound! :bravo:

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Nothing much going on today. Kind of a waste of a day. Think I am taking my free day today since it is so late in the day for exercising. It's not really and who knows maybe I will get something in later. But I'm thinking free day and working out on Sunday to make up for today.

Went to lunch with Jason, DD decided to come along as well. Then ended up at the mall for a little while before stopping at the store to pick up a couple of thigns for dinner. Other than that, not much going on.

It's a very gloomy day here. We've had rain so far, then snow, then little ice/snow balls...frozen snow I guess. It wasn't sleet. Supposed to get 1-2 inches of snow before the night is over, ugh! I want some sun! Thinking of moving to Arizona! Kidding, but sure would like some sun. Guess it could be worse.

Have a GREAT day ladies! :hug:

Mom2Gaby
01-16-2008, 04:22 PM
I am glad you are laughing Cristina . It is a true story.

The Radiation of the balls by Susan

We were driving up to the hospital and I turned and said "how long is this radiation of the balls going to last because I need to do job search."

He laughed and said "it isn't radiation, it is learning how to do my own blood pressure".....

Me - "Ugh...why do I need to go for that! I thought you had cancer of the balls, why else are they doing radiation?"

anyway, he said he missed spending time with me and thought if he said he was dying I would want to do something with him. Which is true. lol

anyway - just wrote to McDreamy so I think I will go get my Gabster and spend the afternoon with her.

any book suggestions??

RosieKate
01-16-2008, 04:27 PM
Hi everyone!

Finished the socks, and starting a new pair for DH...thinking I may get them done in time for Valentine's Day. I was going on about the next sock project and he looked a little sad as he hasn't had a new pair of hand knit socks in a while. I did make him some house socks, but those are more like slippers. I will do his first, as there is always time for the next project, right?

Other than the knitting, I have been mostly a chauffeur this week and I'm not feeling up to much else. It's probably the same winter lethargy that seems to be striking everyone else. I turned on all the lights and opened up the curtains. Let's see if that works. Today I take DS for his well child check up. Think the pediatrician will tell me he's obese? He's clearly not, but, as she said about Leigh, "The kids have big heads". Whatever. Tomorrow both kids go to the dentist. I told my son that if they tell me again that he is not cleaning his teeth well enough, I will start standing in the bathroom with him and sing the ABC song twice while he's brushing to make sure he gets the job done. What do you think - is it enough of a threat?

I'm trying out a new oatmeal recipe today. It's called Crock Pot oatmeal. I'll let you know how it turns out. So far it smells sooo good! It makes a big batch that you can eat over a few days. I'm using steel-cut oats and barley along with cinnamon and vanilla.

Hope you are all having a great day..missed seeing you at the pool yesterday, Susan. Maybe I'll see you tomorrow...

RosieKate
01-16-2008, 04:29 PM
Hi Susan and Cristina! Looks like we posted at the same time...

Have a good one, ladies!

FrouFrou
01-17-2008, 12:08 AM
SUSAN..you kill me! I think it's sweet though that the ex wants to spend time with you. I should have checked the thread again...didn't realize you ladies had posted right after me. Hope you enjoyed yourtime with the Gabster. Book suggestions? Hmmm, what do you like? Have you ever read Good In Bed? East of Eden...I liked that, it's been so long since I read it I plan to read it again, soon hopefully. Nicholas Sparks is good, or I like him. Right now I am reading something silly/fun...Wife For Hire by Janet Evanovich. Finished the book you suggested, or were reading...Into The Wild...it was good and I didn't want to put it down. I've got Into Thin Air on my list to read next and then True Believer by Nicholas Sparks or Water For Elephants, such a weird title.

KATY...big heads, WHAT?! Doctors crack me up sometimes. Sounds like you've been busy with the kids and the knitting...I swear one day I will learn. Let me know how the crock pot oats turn out. On TBL thread they were talking about that and I have never heard of anyone cooking it that way.

Hiya Mindee, Sue, Jules, & Sassy!

Just dropping by to say Hi. Going to stay up a little late again. My back is soo much better. I need to take it easy still though for a few more days. I did manage to get 45 minutes of walking in, a little faster. That's about all I have for now...take care ladies.

Sassy_Chick
01-17-2008, 01:56 AM
Hey all.

:wave: Remember me? :^: lol. I'm still around, just ending my work week -- only 5 hours more to go...........sounds so long.........but I have 8 hrs down. lol.

Kinda skimmed through messages,

Susan -- your hilarious........:)

Katy -- mmmmm crockpot oatmeal...:drool:

Jules -- hope things get better for Teri, :woohoo: on paying off the consoladation loan!! We may be getting a 2nd used vehicle ourselves, unfortunately we may be joining the "SUV Demons" though, don't hate us. lmao.

Cristina, take care of your back, hon, I can sure sympathize!!! My back has been aching, I think its the weather......:hug:

Exercising Tip: Be Careful!!! :lifter: A co-worker of mine was off for two nights and may have to have surgery because he may have tore a ligament and he did it from working out. So be careful everybody! :)

As for me, no exercise yet I'm afraid. But I know it will come......lol.

Well that is about all......

Take care all!!!

tommysgirl18
01-17-2008, 02:42 AM

well, we are doing better! Marissa is big time teething.....and I had to search online for teething symptoms to make sure that we didn't have to run her to prompt care! I seem to have eaten something that didn't agree with me, or I caught a little bit of a tummy bug. I am doing okay now.....but I have been sucking on peppermints and drinking water hoping those help!

Cristina~ I don't know how I can drink it either! :lol: I haven't drank it in a while before the other day, so I am just chalking it up to my body not being used to it again. I need to get back to drinking something better then a lot of caffeine!

SuzyQ~ Yup, that is a picture of my new hair cut and color. My younger sister did it for me when we were up north this past Saturday. (which reminds me...I need to send her a birthday message!) I think I have seen Laurel Hamilton books around. I need to get some more slim fast. I got a thing in the mail about South Beach Living.....but I did Slim Fast before, and I really liked the options that I was given.

Katy~ I was wondering if you ever give your hands a break from knitting!

Sassy~ How are you doing?

Mom2Gaby
01-17-2008, 02:35 PM
Good Morning -

Hee Haw Sassy! Good to have you back!! I agree about exercise, it is way too dangerous.

Mindee- Hugs to baby Rissa, teething is brutal. I always put ice in a baby sock and wet it. The girls liked to suck on it. Of course it isn't probably sanitary?? lol

Katy - I should be there tonight!! I didn't want to be around Gab's father, so I sent her w/ him last Tuesday. I get exhausted from taxi driving. Last night I was in my pjs and getting Gab ready for bed when Beck calls wanting a slurpee. I told her no, geesh. We live at least 2 miles apart and she can walk the block to Plaid Pantry. When I was a kid I walked up hill (both ways) and miles in the snow to get to my slurpee. hehe Did you read the oatmeal story in the paper?? This lady boiled this type of oatmeal for an hour (or so) and warms it up during the week. It is a different type of oat. I forget. Anyway, sounds like the same thing you are doing?

Cristina - I like the idea of East of Eden, never read that one. I finished To Kill and now I wish I named one of my girls Scout. Take it easy on your back!!

Hi to Jules, Michelle and Sue.

I better get busy! I spilled coffee on my jeans so a little annoyed with that. Had a banana and slim fast for breakfast, think cottage cheese and tuna for lunch. In reality I want a bowl of pasta and wine.....lol

bbl :)

FrouFrou
01-17-2008, 03:29 PM
You slim fast ladies...do you ever eat the bars? And do you eat them as a snack or as a meal? Just curious. I used to buy the ones, ugh, can't remember what they were called...but they were crispy choc. Pretty good if I do say so myself. I followed it once...the powder stuff...did it for a week...a shake for breakfast and lunch and I walked every day and I did not lose one freakin' pound, not one! Ugh! Never did it again.

SASSY...I am taking it easy. I have been walking, if you want to call them walks, lol. For me it was the slowest I have ever walked in my life, but I was walking so...sorry to hear about the co-worker, ouch.

MINDEE...ugh! Sorry I didn't say anything about your avatar, keep meaning to and like always, I get sidetracked and forget. Like your new do! I am thinking about cutting mine but then I want to get it a little longer so who knows. When I start going thru this I end up in the bathroom chopping it off. I saw a picture of REba McEntire and I like her layers...was thinking about a do like that. My hair is soooo straight it looks terrible without layers. Hope little Rissa feels better today.

SUSAN...shame on you girly! All those stairs you walked up and down...you better get that booty off the couch and get out there movin'!! You heard me!! I'm kidding of course, lol. You are doing great with your weightloss without exercising, you and Katy. I wish my body would drop the pounds without exercise...I have to trick it somehow. Silly girl, calling you for a slurpee when she is closer, lol. Hey, the kids always tease me with my walking stories...I don't exaggerate them at all but they think I am, lol. We DID have to walk thru the snow...like the postal workers...sleet, rain, snow or ice whatever, yeah, yeah...till they talk to my parents. Maybe that's why I like walking!

HIYA JULES, KATY, & SUE!

Nothing much going on today. Bought my groceries and got out in this freezing cold weather. Had to run to the post office and bank and now just getting some laundry done and cooking my pinto beans for a pot of chili. Perfect weather for it. Wasn't going to walk but as soon as I finish this post I am headed for the treadmill.

Have a good one ladies! Chat later!

tommysgirl18
01-17-2008, 06:07 PM
hello ladies....how are you doing?

nothing new on this end.....Marissa is feeling better....and so am I somewhat. I still have bathroom issues.....but not as many as last night! Hopefully the boys and Tommy don't get whatever it is that seems to have corrupted me. I ate saltine crackers during the day today because I didn't want to try anything to heavy. So, for dinner, I am going to attempt to eat a grilled cheese (see if the cheese works) and try some chicken noodle soup.

SuzyQ~ I agree.....exercise can be dangerous.....so maybe they should make it illegal! I have used, in the past, the teethers and just stuck them in the freezer to get them cold. She loves playing with her gums/teeth after her Oragel kicks in.

Cristina~ I haven't eaten the bars before, I just drank the drinks. I did do the Metabolife (well, it was Metabolite) before we got married and I lost some weight with that. I have thought about doing it again, but keep forgetting to look for it when we go to Wal-Mart. Thanks for the nice comments on my hair. I am thinking of getting it cut just a little bit shorter. My sister cut it for me, she also dyed it for me as well. I love Reba's hair! Rissa is doing better today.....me on the other hand, can't stay out of the bathroom!

FrouFrou
01-17-2008, 06:17 PM
Back again for a few minutes...just can't stay away from you ladies!

MINDEE...I do hope you get to feeling better. Maybe you should skip the grilled cheese and just have the soup. Do you fry your grilled cheese? That's the only reason I say you might want to skip it...I do mine to get it all toasty, mmmm. I actually haven't had one in ages! Anyway...just thought it might not be so easy on the stomach. Try to get some rest too!

I did 60 minutes of walking, woohoo. And the chili is in the crockpot simmering, mmmm. Now I am wanting grilled cheese though, lol. Later...

tommysgirl18
01-17-2008, 06:43 PM
Cristina~ I had the soup, and took it easy on the grilled cheese. Tommy uses the skillet and grills them on that. So as far as I know, he doesn't fry them. The boys didn't eat all their soup, so I asked Tommy to put it in a container and I will eat it later.

I do have to add that I stuck my finger in Rissa's mouth, and sure enough, she has one of her bottom front teeth through! Now, hopefully the rest of the teeth come in that easily!

jules1216
01-17-2008, 08:27 PM
Mindee--hope you get to feeling better. Little Henry was so pitiful while he was cutting teeth. Glad Rissa is feeling better.

Cristina--you are just the exercise queen lady!! My exercise today consisited of walking up the 600 ft uphill driveway in the snow after getting stuck and shoveling while hubby plowed. SuzyQ was rght it is Eugene where Ry is going though he says if it doesn't work out he would like to try Portland or Seattle.

SuzyQ--wine sounds pretty good right about now. I am going to tell Teri about the ice sock when Nick starts!!

Sassy--Hubby is trying to talk me into a hybrid or something with a hemi engine. I kind of like Mazdas. I really like the Pontiac Soltisce but I don't think a two seater is very practical. One of the young girls at work fot a little two seater convertible--she loves it. I guess we will always have the Honda. I also thought about "gasp" a smaller SUV..... I am going to have to be hauling a stoller around when I have little Nicky!!

Katy--you will have to let me know about the crock pot oats. Hubby is starting a health kick that may be good for both of us..He was vegetarian growing up and we did it for awhile when the kids were younger.

well..I am going to go join hubby by the woodstove!!

tommysgirl18
01-18-2008, 03:03 AM
just checking in since I was able to finally get out of the bathroom! I am feeling better now.....but I don't want to jinx myself.

Jules~ I love your avatar! I am sure he is getting so big already!

FrouFrou
01-18-2008, 12:07 PM
Good Friday, ladies...

Miss SuzyQ where you B? Did you find something good to read? Did i say congrats on the pound? Losing my mind I swear! Well, :bravo: again!

Mindee...glad you are feeling better.

Jules...that little one is adorable. I am far from being an exercise queen...wish I were. I just feel the need to do it everyday now, which is good. Never thought I would miss exercising if I missed a day, nor did I ever think I would grow to love it! Crazy I tell ya! :crazy:

Pretty boring day for me today. Going to get my exercise in and let's see...ummm, more exercise, lol. Nothing planned except a trip to Sams when V gets home, almost out of water.

Mom2Gaby
01-18-2008, 01:27 PM
Good Morning!

I am here. Thank goodness for Friday's!!

Cute avatar Cristina! We have had homemade chili the last 2 days, so good, especially when it is cold outside. You are kind of an exercise royalty!! lol - I decided on East of Eden, per your suggestion. I haven't started yet but I did pick it up at the library.

Jules - What are you doing by the woodstove?? Staying warm? Those things kind put out a lot of heat, we had one growing up. Good to see you posting!! :)

Mindee- Yum, grilled cheese. I love those and so do the girls, along with soup. Glad Rissa is feeling better!!

Just a quickie....hi to Sassy, Katy, and Sue!!

I went to swimming last night. Sipped some wine to better handle being around Gab's dad. lol I shouldn't do that because he was looking mighty handsome to me after awhile. Yikes.
Missed you Katy!!! Saw the family though, they are very well behaved....especially your husband. lol jk......L is so cute in her goggles.

Planning on seeing McDreamy tonight and tomorrow. We will probably have an overdose and that'll be the end of him. He works next weekend and I have a family dinner to go to so we weren't planning on anything next weekend.....he told me it is casual dress day at work for him and I wrote back it was casual sex day here.....lol just because I am sassy and bored.

anyway TGIF! Had a slim fast and banana again for breakfast.

chat at you later!!!

tommysgirl18
01-18-2008, 05:16 PM
hello ladies...how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end. trying to come up with a theme/day/food/drinks etc. for Brandon and Marissa's birthday party! I know we still have three months before their birthdays, but with the month of January almost over with, I want to start planning now since a local party store has their plates and what not that are themed on sale! So, the sooner we get the themes picked out, the sooner we can see if the theme is on sale! (I am all about saving money when I can) Oh, and we got a thing in the mail from H & R Block about getting our taxes done, and when we get them done (hopefully they will still have some left) they are offering $150 cash back, a free Wendy's gift card (value of $100) OR a free Hungry Howie's gift card (value of $60). If they still have some available, we are going to go for the Hungry Howie's one and that will pay for the food for their party!

I do have to add, that I am also down a pound as well! I guess living in my bathroom helped me straighten some things out!

SuzyQ~ Congrats on the weight loss as well! I had to chuckle at your casual sex day comment. That sounds like something I would send to Tommy.

Cristina~ I love your new avatar!

Sassy_Chick
01-19-2008, 01:28 AM
Hi Gurls......

Exercise is dangerous........but yet its also dangerous not to exercise, so whatcha gonna do? hee hee.

SUV MADNESS in here. lol......Haven't heard nuttin' yet about the SUV down at our mechanics yet...........

Boy Howdy is it cold outside!!! :brr: But nothing like how cold its supposed to get tonight (Sat.) supposed to get down to 1 degrees!!!! HOLY MOLY!!!! Need to drag out the long john's Pa!!! hee hee.......Just in a silly mood for some reason. Its good though to feel more like "myself". ;)

I have been watching American Idol Tryouts, anybody else?? I guess I have something wrong with me, because I love watching the idiots on there make fools out of themselves! DH says there is something wrong with me......I was like "You just NOW figured that one out??" lol. :dizzy:

OMG "Cats in the Cradle" ........just came on.......love that song!!! Now I be jammin' man. lol. :dance: (Ugly Kid Joe version --not the old one.....that version makes me wanna poke my eyeballs out for some reason, DH loves original one though) Ya know I saw Ugly Kid Joe in concert when I was a teenager, wow I feel old now.......

Well ya can tell Sassy is back now can't ya??? Ramble, Ramble, Ramble....lol. :blah:

Well Gurls guess that be it for me.

Sassy is out.........Peace. lol.

FrouFrou
01-19-2008, 01:55 AM
Ha Sassy...the cats in the cradle with the silver spoon, little boy blue and the man in the moon...when ya comin' home son I don't know when, we'll get together then...I love that too! Now you have me singing it, lol. Good to see you posting missy! It is supposed to get really cold here too! brrrrr, I am sick of it! I used to watch American Idol, just the audtions but haven't caught any of it this season. Kind of burned out on it and something else is on that I watch so.

Susan...have fun with mcdreamy...by the way, does mcdreamy have a name?

Mindee...:bravo: on the pound!

Hiya Katy, Jules and Sue and anyone reading this.

Up late again...decided to stay up late since I don't have anything to do tomorrow, planning on sleeping late. V is working so...will get lots of reading done, hopefully. And exercise...just pick up those feet, nice, nice, nice! :) Was going to take DIL to be's kids to chuck e cheese and a movie but the son, Chase has a basketball game and we decided to do it in two weeks. The weather is icky too so hopefully it will be a little better. Just thought I would spend some time with the kids getting to know them...that little girl of hers is A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!! So freakin' cute I love her already! Anywho...that's about all I have. Definitely going to make that 3-4 books read this month, woohoo!

Have a great weekend ladies if I don't make it back! :hug:

tommysgirl18
01-19-2008, 03:12 AM
wouldn't you know it, a mother's job is never done! Brandon got up at about midnight or there after. He said that he was hungry, so I heated up the left over chicken nuggets from dinner, and then he pushed them away and didn't want them! I had gone into the bathroom, and he came in there, so I asked him if his tummy hurt. He didn't answer me, so I had Tommy ask him. He told Tommy that it did, so I gave him some medicine. Flash back to earlier Friday afternoon when Marissa and Logan were napping, me and Brandon were sitting at the table. He was reading his books, and all of a sudden just stopped drinking his milk and proceeded to put his finger down his throat to make himself throw up. I pulled his finger out and he put it back in....I pulled it out again, and didn't think anything of it. When he told Tommy that his stomach was hurting, I looked at Tommy and said "maybe that is why he was trying to make himself throw up earlier." So, it looks like we will more then likely be making a trip to the prompt care on Saturday. Logan was tugging on his left ear at dinner time. Then when I was cuddling with Brandon, he started to play with his right ear. I am toying with the idea of getting Marissa checked out just to be safe, but she has her 9 month check up on the 24th, and she really isn't showing any kind of symptoms of anything.

Sassy~ Stay in and stay warm if at all possible! It is suppose to be really cold around here for the next ten days! I told Tommy "Look, it is going to be really cold for your birthday!"

Cristina~ How are you doing girl? Thanks for the bravo! Speaking of books....I brought up the Wal-Mart website because I was looking for this pedal bike thingy for the floor, and stumbled into the books instead. So, I am writing up a list of books that peak my interest that are on the website, so hopefully I will be able to find them in the store!

oh.....me and Tommy figured out that it would be cheaper to go to this local outlet mall to do clothes shopping, since the prices are a lot better then at the retail stores.

FrouFrou
01-19-2008, 12:50 PM
Good Staurday, ladies!

SASSY...did I miss somewhere that you guys were getting a SUV? Geez, I really need to read these posts better. Sometimes I skim thru them and think I got it all, apparently not, :lol: So what are you guys getting?

SUE...I know you said you guys were going to or are thinking about an SUV...what are you guys looking at?

MINDEE...I bet Brandon has what you had, hopefully it's not something too bad, poor little guy. And good idea having the other kids checked. Usually if one gets it the others will follow. Nothing wrong with outlet malls...I would shop them if we had some here. I know while in Branson we shopped one and wow! That place was huge! The have/had a corelle store and I finished off some dishes that I couldn't find in the store or online. Of course now I wouldlike to get some new ones...it's been 8 years.

Okay, it's not that I have anything against SUV driving mommas, lol it's the stepford wife'ish thing...the bleached blonde hair, the big Tahoes, and I would have to say 90% are silver/grey and they all are always talking on their phones, ugh! Anyway, I drive a SUV, if you want to call it that. I feel weird calling it a SUV because it's this little bitty thing, more like a station wagon that sits a little higher, and it's not a gas hog so that makes it better, whatever, :lol: Anyway, just had to throw that out there for some reason.

Okay, nothing really planned today. Just laundry, exercise, computer time and reading. I think I already said this, lol...anyway...

I am happy to report a 1.8 lb loss this week. I really was a little worried that I would end up with a gain, or stay the same with the back and all. But I did better than I thought I did so I am happy with that, surprised, but happy. I've been doing the happy dance all morning. I can't tell you ladies how long it has been since I have seen the 180's or even been below 200 for very long. It really is a celebration for me. :dance::cb::dance:

Mom2Gaby
01-19-2008, 01:58 PM
This site sucks today. It keeps bumping me back out, annoying and now I am out of time!
UGH.
Good to see you back Sassy!!!
Mindee - Congrats on your weight loss!!
Cristina - Congrats to you too!!

I have Gab with me so we are hurrying. Her attention span is short......

Enjoyed the evening with McDreamy (umm, his name is Don, Cristina - I think -lol) His son made dinner with his GF. They made chicken, mashed potatoes/gravy, salad and toasted cheese bread. I passed on the potatoes but had everything else. We stayed in and watched a movie, tonight we are going out for dinner and a movie. He talks a lot with his hands which he knows I think is funny so he was doing that a lot with his fork last night. Not on purpose, just because but when I smiled he laughed.....awww, he is so cute.
His daughter came later w/ her boyfriend, so it was a full house.It was fun though.
anyway - full dy with Gab so I better get my arse in gear!

tommysgirl18
01-19-2008, 07:20 PM
Cristina~ I am sure that he does.....but I don't think he has the yucky side of it like I did. We all ended up taking a nap today except for Tommy, but so far so good. That is great on your weight loss!

SuzieQ~ Sounds like things are progressing well with McDreamy. How was your day with Gabster?

tommysgirl18
01-20-2008, 03:10 AM

well, after watching all the kids on Saturday, they all seemed to be doing well.
Logan is doing good....I haven't seen him tug on his ear. Brandon still isn't himself. He was looking really pale on Saturday while we were eating dinner. He went to the store with Tommy is picked up some chicken noodle soup. They got home, and he ate it. Tommy convinced him to take another bite until it was almost all gone. Tommy asked him if he was feeling okay, and he said no. Tommy asked him if he wanted to go to the doctor's on Sunday, and Brandon told him yes (which he never does!). Marissa, I noticed while getting her ready for her bath, has a little bit of a runny nose. So, we will be taking them to the doctor's office on Sunday to make sure that they are all okay.

Marissa has her 9 month check up on this coming Thursday, so I am going to be asking the pediatrician for a referral for Brandon to get his eyes checked out again and to get another speech evaluation done. The last time we asked the pediatrician about both issues, he said to keep an eye on it and we will go from there. Tommy agreed with me, so we are both on the same page there. Tommy's older brother Tim had to have surgery on his eyes when he was younger because of some thing that I can't think of at the moment. So, I mentioned to Tommy that the next time he talks to his mom to find out if the eye thing is hereditary. That way, we will have more info on our end when we go into the appointment on Thursday.

On another note, our furnace seems to be on the fritz. It will start up, and then when it does it sounds like it is on it's last leg. And since it is really cold out and doesn't look like it is going to be getting any warmer any time soon...Tommy is going to go to the office and talk to the office manager. He called her numerous times, but since Brandon accidentally pushed his phone into the sink, it landed in water. So, we are not sure if the calls actually went through or not.

We also got Tommy's w-2's so we are going on Wednesday to get our taxes done. Tommy called the lady about getting them done, and she told him that there are a lot of incentives for taxpayers this year. Plus, they still have the gift cards left, and that she would explain more to us when we go in there on Wednesday.

Mom2Gaby
01-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Good Morning!

Mindee - You sound so busy with the little ones, I don't know how you do it. Hope everyone is feeling well today!!

I am headed to get some more slim fast. I had a bowl of oatmeal this morning.
Gaby was a sweetie yesterday afternoon. I cleanded and she watched a video and finally I sat with her and watched some of Ice Age. Her father picked her up at 4pm and I turned into a scarlet going out on a date. haha
McDreamy called at 5:30 and asked if I wanted to eat at his place so I said ok. He made steak, pasta and this to die for cheese bread....I made the salad. He also had peanut butter cookie dough that he made and so I rolled the balls.....lol and tossed em on the cookie sheet. So, we were rather domesticated. After awhile of cooking, eating and sipping wine I finally noticed the time and said we missed the movie! It was like 10 oclock at night now. Geesh, time flew. So, we sat and watched something on cable and talked.....he is just the sweetest and said his best friends wanted to invite us over for dinner next weekend. I guess it is a couple that he has known for years, the kids grew up together in school - blah - blah.....and once he told them about me I guess they want to see who I am. See, if I have horns or something. Anyway, I think he kind of likes me......lol

anyway - going to spend the afternoon w/ Becky at the bookstore and downtown Portland so I better get going.

Hope you all have a super Sunday!!

RosieKate
01-20-2008, 08:11 PM
Hi everyone

Sorry I've been MIA. My firefox browser won't open on my user (?!@#$%), and I can't get this site to open on Explorer. So I bribed my son to let me use his user, lol! It's either that or go to the library and I've been out of town...

DH and I went to Eugene for my baby bro's 40th birthday party. He rented a ballroom and threw quite a party. I drank too much and stayed up way too late. Now I am tired, so I will try to catch up with everyone over the next few days.

jules1216
01-20-2008, 08:38 PM
Katy--Sounds like you had fun in Eugene...Ry's friend is still sending him stuff about it...he wants him to come out there so bad. He did say that the job market is not so hott in Eugene right now. Ry does have a talent for getting jobs though. Hope it works for him on the west coast if he decides to stay longer than a visit. Job would be a big factor.

SuzyQ--sounds like you had a really great time with McDreamy. Sounds like it will get a little Mcsteamy eventually!!! I am sure his friends will love you!!

Mindee--sorry the little ones aren't feeling the best. It makes it hard especially since you are just getting over something yourself. Good luck with the taxes and getting the furnace fixed!!

Cristina--WTG on the wl--you are doing so awesome!!

Sassy & Sue--hugs to you!!

Spend some time both yesterday and today with that grandboy!! I am so lovin being a grandma!

Sassy_Chick
01-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Hey all. :wave:

I hope your all doing well. Nothing going on here to even mention really, boring......I know. But hey at least I'm not complaining!!! lol.

Have a Great Week!!!

tommysgirl18
01-21-2008, 01:47 AM

well, we all decided to sleep in on Sunday. Brandon was still looking pale, but was able to hold down chicken noodle soup, so we thought we were on the upswing......until he threw up at 1pm on Sunday! After getting every body ready, we were off to prompt care. The doctor took a look at him and said that he is pretty much healthy.....except for the stomach flu. And that the only thing that we can do is just let it runs it's course. She told me to keep him on a bland diet, i.e. the B.R.A.T. diet. So, Tommy had to go to the laundry mat to wash our bedding since that is what he threw up on, so he bought him some applesauce and some bananas.

He got mad though because Tommy made a ham, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and stuffing for dinner. Brandon got so mad because we had to tell him that he couldn't have any. We did give him some stuffing to try and he stole ham off his brother's plate. He kept every thing down....and his appetite came back in full force!

Our furnace doesn't sound as sickly as it did on Saturday night/Sunday morning. We got in touch with the office manager and she said to keep an eye on it, and to let her know if it goes out.

SuzieQ~ I never do realize how busy I am until I sit and go over what all I did! Sounds like McDreamy does like you...LOL! That sounds like a nice date night!

Katy~ Sounds like you and your hubby had a blast! Makes me really want another date night out again!

Jules~ Thanks! The furnace seems to have fixed itself.....but I think the office manager is still going to send someone over to look at it....I hope! Come to find out, what I had is what Brandon has. So, let's hope that it stops there! Marissa did however have a runny nose/stuffy nose on Sunday night. SO, if she is still like that by Thursday, then it is a good thing she has her appointment!

Sassy~ How are you doing girl?

FrouFrou
01-21-2008, 12:30 PM
Hello ladies...

Mindee...I would have them come and look at the furnace anyway. Better them look at it now before it goes out and you guys are without heat...not the time of year to be without the heat, brrrr. Well, I am glad Brandon is feeling a little better.

Susan...glad you and Don had a nice evening. Just be careful with the eating. What is it with you and the balls? :lol: You know, I never really cared for peanut butter cookies until I made them for Christmas. Don't know what I did different but me and DD sure had our share. Hop eyou enjoyed your day with Rachel.

Katy...you are one busy momma! Glad you guys enjoyed your bros BIG 4-0!

Sassy...good to see you lady. Hoping all is well with you and the hubby.

Jules...I know you are enjoying that grandbaby, he sure is a cutie pie! Makes me want one!

Have a great day!

Sassy_Chick
01-21-2008, 10:03 PM
*Calgon Take Me Awayyyy!!!!*

:stress: lol

Sassy_Chick
01-22-2008, 01:20 AM
Hi All,

Just was reading my Garfield Comic and today's is kinda cute, so figured I'd share:

http://www.garfield.com/comics/comics_archives_strip.html?2008-ga080122

:)

tommysgirl18
01-22-2008, 01:35 AM

nothing new on this end....just trying to get through my email, get Brandon back to sleep, finish up some odds and ends on my end, and then shoving off to bed.

Cristina~ The office manager sent the heating and cooling guy over to check on the furnace on Monday. Of course it wasn't making the noise any more, so he said to just keep an eye on it. I think it was only making the noise because it was colder then it has been, and it was trying to work hard enough to keep it warm in here. He also fixed our dishwasher while he was here.

Sassy~ How are you doing? That was a really cute Garfield cartoon!

Mom2Gaby
01-22-2008, 12:42 PM
Good Morning -

I am just going to do a quickie check in. I am in pain w/ my tooth again, it is very distracting.
I took vicodin, tylenol and just squirted orajel in my mouth. That along with this instant botox that Mike's my gave me I am all dumb around my mouth. lol I am looking darn good though, drool is attractive.
I am down a pound! Yay.
Swim night tonight, ex is paying his child support today. So, we are plugging along. I need to get my tooth fixed before my insurance runs out though.

so, I am on the run! Check in later!

Hi to Cristina, Mindee, Katy, Sue , Grandma Jules, Miss Sassy and Michelle!!

RosieKate
01-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Hi everyone!

Not much going on here...sent everyone off to school today and now I have to clean up after the weekend. Time for me to get back OP...gained about 3 pounds over the last week...just not keeping on top of things.

Have great day!

FrouFrou
01-22-2008, 02:26 PM
Hello ladies...

SUSAN...ouch, hope you can get to the dentist or at least get to feeling better. Toothaches are the biggest pain ever! WTG on the pound, :woohoo:

KATY...you'll have those 3 pounds off soon enough. You are doing great with your weightloss and I know you will continue to do so.

MINDEE...glad the furnace was checked out. They always scare me, especially when they make noises.

SASSY...thanks for the chuckle, that was cute!

HIYA SUE & JULES!

Nothing going on with me...same old stuff, different day. Back is being stupid still but I made an appt. and am going tomorrow to see the doc. I don't know if there is anything she can do but this is different from the other times so we'll see. I have been doing exercise regardless. It seems that the walking helps but seems useless walking as slow as I am. But then I guess it is better than not walking at all so...did 105 minutes yesterday. Not all at one time though. Seems like the slower I walk the longer I can go, lol. Anywho...just taking it easy today.

Take care ladies, and have a wonderful day!

Sassy_Chick
01-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Hi Ladies. :wave:

Hope you had a Great Day and have a Wonderful Evening/Night!!

tommysgirl18
01-23-2008, 12:27 AM

Well, Tommy starts a new job tomorrow! He will be working from 5am to 5pm, and making a dollar more then he is now! His work schedule is weird. He will work tomorrow and Thursday, then have Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off. Then next week he will work 40 hours but have to work the weekend. He forgot his schedule at his mom’s house so we will either go there to pick it up or stop by the temp agency to pick up another copy.

So, now, we have to see if we can reschedule Marissa’s 9 month check up for Friday sometime. I am hoping that they have an appointment open!

Other then that, we are all good! Brandon is about 98 or so percent back to himself. He decided that he was going to take a nap, and then get up about 1am and be ready for the day. I don’t think so….not on my watch! So, he was a bear all day and of course he wouldn’t take a nap. So, all three kids were in bed by 8pm! I was able to get my workout in AND be able to get online earlier then usual!

SuzieQ~ I hope that your tooth stops hurting soon! Yay for being down a pound!

Katy~ You will get those three pesky pounds off soon enough! I agree, you are doing an awesome job on your weight loss!!

Cristina~ I agree about the furnaces! They scare me too when they make funny noises! This one was even scaring Tommy when it was making it's noise! I hope your appointment goes well with the doctor tomorrow!

Sassy~ How are you doing? Did you ever convince your DH about buying that house?

FrouFrou
01-23-2008, 01:55 AM
Hiya Sassy:wave: pretty quiet there missy.

Mindee...woohoo to Tommy's new job! Doesn't sound like too bad of a schedule. Hopefully you can reschedule Marissa's appt.

Up late to do a load of laundry...forget to get V's work clothes washed today, oops! I thought he had a pair of pants for tomorrow...my bad. I am sleepy!

Have a good day ladies!

FrouFrou
01-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Just a quick good morning, ladies! I'll be back later to start a new thread since we are a little past 100. Want to get in another walk before having to go to the docs. Did 45 very slow minutes this morining but I am aiming for 90. Of course my back is feeling better, go figure. Never fails...go to the doc ofr something and it stops. Anywho...have a wonderful ladies!

Mom2Gaby
01-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Good Morning -

My tooth is a killer and what makes it worse is the ear hurts too. I just want to lean against the wall and moan. I put orajel and took 1 vicodin and slept pretty good at 8 when I put Gab down. I was going to watch American Idol put slept til mid night.
This morning I had a slim fast and banana thinking I would be ok and it started hurting all over again. *sigh......so, I go at noon today.

Mindee - What job does Tommy have?? Congrats whatever it is!! I am glad the kids are feeling better.

Cristina - Yikes, don't start a new thread until I post!! lol I am glad to hear your back is feeling better. Awesome on the 45 minute walk......90 minutes is too long. Heck, 5 minutes is too long - lol jk......it is freezing here,I don't even want to go outside.

Sassy - How are you missy????

Katy - You look very peaceful knitting across the pool last night!! lol I was in pain w/ the tooth and having to sit next to the ex. It was so warm in there I thought I was going to pass out. *wah *wah......btw - you looked fine. I will be your scale :)

Sue - Hey! Impressed you found me on myspace. I don't even know how to add friends! lol

Jules - How is grandma today?? How is Teri?? You still can't get my myspace page? I can take the layout out if that helps?? Thinking of you!

Michelle - You ever coming back?? :D

I don't like East of Eden,seems overwhelming. I think I will go with The glass castle: a memoir or Me talk pretty one day. I heard of those on Goodread. Nothing much going on. I have the job search thing and have to go tomorrow for a meeting. Gab isn't going to her second school now because her father is working on and off due to the weather. The school is looking into funds for Gab so cross fingers we will get good news on that.

I am doing good on the eating and trying to drink water. I had a salad at Burger King yesterday and was miffed at the Lite Italian , it had 120 calories in it,,,,and that is lite?? I ate it anyway. lol

k- Happy Wednesday to you all!!

chat later

FrouFrou
01-23-2008, 04:51 PM
Don't post here...head on over to BIK #36