South Beach Diet - Freezing Friday Chatterings

View Full Version : Freezing Friday Chatterings

cottagebythesea
01-04-2008, 06:16 AM
:brr: It's 15* here!!!! Is it winter yet?

I was up extra early so I could get a Chicken Divan in the oven for our supper tonight. It's so nice to come home after a long day and have supper already prepared. :)
We don't have anything real exciting happening here. We never made it to the library yesterday, so maybe we'll do that today. Audrey has an ice skating exhibition this afternoon, too, I hope it warms up a little so we don't freeze to death watching her!
It's Day 3 on Phase 1 for me and so far I'm feeling great! It's a wonderful feeling knowing I'm getting all those nasty toxins out of my body. :woohoo:

So what's on your agenda on this TGIF? :cofdate:

GONNABE165
01-04-2008, 06:44 AM
Brrrrrrr Cottage thats a bit cold ya think. I sure hope it warms up before you go ice skating. Congrats on your success so far on phase 1

It's suppose to get to 56* here and in the high 60's over the weekend. Day 4 phase 1 for me and I am feeling great. My body is a bit sore (all over) with this new fitness program I started Wednesday.

Hello and good morning to the late chicks. I'll check in on yall later.

little chick
01-04-2008, 07:04 AM
Goodmorning chicks. It is freezing here as well this morning. Not sure what the temp is but it is cold,cold,cold. Just sitting here enjoying a cup of tea before the wee ones show up for the day. I will be glad when the kids go back to school on monday and life is normal again.

Cottage- Thanks for starting us up this morning, hope you stay warm at the rink today. Day 3 for me too today hoping not to get any headaches.

Gonnabe- Enjoy your day and good for you with the exercising.

Me-Today is day 3 for me and hoping no headaches come. I need to get more veggies in today. I have not jumped on the scales although I want to, but with TOM just a day or two or maybe even next week away. I have avoided them. I am going to try to hold off til next wed. Today I am going to try to organise either the kitchen or the bathroom. I am thinking the bathroom as it is a smaller job. Yesterday got our bedroom done.

Hope everyone has a wonderful TGIF. Cheers to us.

tomandkara
01-04-2008, 07:18 AM
Morning all!

Linda and LC, I'm crossing my fingers for you that the Phase 1 drearies stay away from you today! Day two was the worst for me when I redid Phase 1, so maybe you got through it and didn't even realize it!

Gonna, way to go on that exercise program! I love being sore - means I was doing something right.

I'm feeling MUCH better today, although a sore throat has stuck around. I should make myself a nice cup of tea and sip it throughout this evening. The kiddies are all in bed and the house is sparkling clean, thanks to the thorough scrubbing I gave it this afternoon. Living in a small place is nice for the cleaning (although I do wish there was someplace to escape when I need a minute to myself). The bathroom does NOT work because the kids keep coming in on me... When is it that you can pee in peace? How old are they before they stop barging in?

Another late night for Tom so I'm sure I'll be checking back frequently. I'm going to try to get my Christmas cards finished. How awful am I?! Usually I have them out at the beginning of December but this year it just got away from me. We got beautiful Korean cards, too, so I can't just save them for next year. Ah, well, maybe I can claim I'm extending the holiday season. Think anyone will buy it?

Kara

THINBYJUNE
01-04-2008, 07:27 AM
Good Morning Everyone

Cottage Stay warm and enjoy the ice skating.
:wave: Gonna & LC
Kara I think you should save them for next year and tell everyone you bought in advance because you're so organized. Then you coud fill them all out this year and mail them the day after Thanksgiving next year. Can you tell I've done this?

Well I woke up and the headache was gone :woohoo: We're supposed to get 10" rain between today and tomorrow. I've been watching the news and I just love how every natural weather event has to have a name and a special logo. "Weather Watch 2008" followed by intense music. I probably won't be laughing anymore if I have to break out the oars to get to work :lol:
Have a great day everyone.

tomandkara
01-04-2008, 07:41 AM
:lol: I hope you really have done that with your cards, Dawn! That's priceless! :lol:

Kara

THINBYJUNE
01-04-2008, 07:51 AM
It was about three Christmases ago. I went into the box of cards, envelopes and stamps and found the previous year's cards. Then I remembered I got to Jan 5th and wasn't done and said "Maybe nexr year". When I pulled them all out they were all signed and 1/2 of them were addressed. When my friends and family got their cards from me first they just kept saying how organized and together I was. ;) If only they knew.

tomandkara
01-04-2008, 08:49 AM
Made it through the "n"s. Whew. The "m"s are the worst. My maiden name started with M and our last name now also begins with M, so ALL of the extended family is in that one letter section of my address book. About nine more left now and then I'm home free!

Kara

Schmoodle
01-04-2008, 08:55 AM
Morning chicas, and TGIF! OMG I've got so much to do today! This will be me tonight:http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/Schmoodlethefirst/thth01drinking1.gif
Of course, it will be water in the glass!
lc, good job on the organizing. I'm trying to do the same. None of my rooms are a one-day job, unfortunately! I want to stay away from the scale until the end of Ph1, but I don't know if I'll make it...
:brr: stay warm cottage!

Still no chocolate for me, but I got sad yesterday when they were all scarfing it down, so I took two pieces of the dark chocolate and stuck it in the freezer. I will allow myself one when I'm done Ph1. Now I just hope they suck down the rest real fast. I may take it to my mom's tonight.

kara, no shame in sending after-Christmas or New Year's cards. I've done that before. By the way, they never stop barging unless you lock the door. The other day I was in the shower and DS came in and asked if I would cook him some eggs. Yes, he was wet when he left the room! I can tell you at 9, 11, and 20, they all still barge! DH says that I will miss it when they don't need me anymore. I don't believe him for a minute.
Dawn, you ARE organized if you were able to find them all the next year and get them out!

Okay, enough yakkin' I'd better get to it!

femmecreole
01-04-2008, 09:00 AM
Morning everyone! BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
I just went outside and checked the ice in my sugar kettle pond. I pushed on it and about 2 inches popped up on the other side of the kettle, so it looks like it is melting. Supposed to warm up today.

I woke up to NOTHING from clients in my "inbox". So I MAY have a little free time today. So I hopefully can use it to start getting ready for company in 2 weeks. I want to re-cover the shelf paper in the guest bathroom closet. There was some really ugly floral paper covering the shelves and I tried to pull it off when we first bought the house. Like cement...so I guess I'll just put something on top of it. Also want to paint the door to my son's room which looks yucky. Don't have to cook cause I have TONS of soup leftover from yesterday.

GONNABE165
01-04-2008, 09:01 AM
Lc the scale is definetly the enemy :devil: when it come to TOM

Kara so all this soreness means I did something right - wonder how I would feel if I did wrong. Glad your feeling better :hug:

Dawn have you got a faft or boat ready (just in case)

Good morning Schmoodle

My doc just called and said they can't get approval for me to have a ct scan for the lump I have on my head but wants me to see a surgeon - we shall see what happens.

tomandkara
01-04-2008, 09:02 AM
:rofl: Teach that boy to cook his own eggs, Schmoodle!

Cat, enjoy your soup! I'm going to do some in the slow cooker tomorrow so we have lunch waiting on us when we get back from Connor's martial arts. Love soup!

Gonna, there have been times when I was over-sore. Preseason college gymnastics we ran stairs for what felt like hours and I couldn't sit onto the toilet for days! Had to plop myself down and hope I wouldn't bounce off!!! :lol: Haven't been *that* sore since, but a little twinge now and again won't hurt ya.

I gave up after the "p"s. I'll have to finish the rest tomorrow. I have one more load of laundry to fluff and then I'll start the towels to wash and dry overnight. That is the one benefit of my crazy washer/dryer combo. I can set it to wash and then immediately start the drying cycle, so I do my towels overnight. This will be one of those "Remember in Korea we had that crazy washer/dryer where all the buttons were in Korean!" moments in years to come.

Kara

Kiko
01-04-2008, 09:06 AM
Morning chicks!

Way to go for you Phase 1 stud-ettes! I am not doing so well- I was such a basket case yesterday that I ate nothing until dinner time. DH and the girls had made homemade pizza and I was so hungry that I ate some. Today is yet another new day!

We have been keeping a friend's daughter for the last two days. Today we pass her off to her grandma. She is a good kid, my girls have played since they were babies, but she it VERY loud (more than my two) and very high maintenance. I will happily pass her off today. :) Then we can all rest for the weekend and head back to school on Monday refreshed and ready to go.

Hope that you all have a mah-ve-lous day!

phxsunflower
01-04-2008, 09:20 AM
Good morning all, was going to get a cup of cocoa but wanted to stop in here first.

Cottage-:fr::eek: that is cold!

Gonnabe-sore after exercises is a good thing. At least that what I was told!

Little chick-wish I was organizing like you. I am finding I AM a procrastanator!! especially when it comes to organizing.

Kara-:lol: My kids are 13 down to 6 and they still come in or stand just outsie the door and try to talk through the door! I gave up sending out Christmas cards because it just wasn't happening. I send out New Year cards. This way I get the time when the kids are busy with their Christmas gifts.

Thin-I am looking forward to the rain! You could keep the thunder and lightening if there is any.(The motivator doesn't like that part of the rain). Our forecast is rain on Sat. and Sun. carrying into Mon. morning.

Me- It is day 4 for me. Seems to be going good. Went for my walk this morning,going to get some breakfast and get going. DD1 needs to go and get new shoes before we head back to school. Need to take down the tree and get life back. Was trying to wait until the 6th but not gonna make it. Vacation time is over time to get back into the rat race. Have a great day and a safe one.

Schatzi
01-04-2008, 09:46 AM
Brrrrrrrrrrr :brrr: Cold Cold Cold here!

Cottage: I'm doin the cha cha with Phase 1 - just cant seem to get it together... :shrug: Stay toasty!

Gonna: U Go Girl :cheer:

LC: Yer a regular cleanin machine!

Kara: I hope you find some me/pee time ! I :rofl: about ploppin on the toilet..been there done that! I once over did weights and ended up with useless flippers for arms for 2 days.

Thin: :rofl: I've done that myself - I had cards addressed and stamped .. and all I had to do was add another 2 cent stamp .. I love cards, but stopped for the most part a few years ago and make a donation instead.
I find our Weather people quite amusing with the Names and the forboding music: WEATHER WATCH WARNING! COLD... thankyou for that insightful forecast :dz:

Schmoo: Schmoodle 4 Chocolate 0. You're doin great!

Femme: I've got to do the same here. All the shelves need paperin. I keep the contact paper on and tack it to the shelves so I can change them out easier. Plus I always get the paper all crinkly when I try to lay it down with the sticky stuff.
Kiko: :hat: Heres to that new day! West and Wewax Wabbit!

PHX: have a great day de-decorating!

I'm off today... we're going down to Furnitureland for office and livingroom furniture. one of the nice things livin in NC is that its the furniture capitol of the states aand you can get nice quality for like half the price you'd pay anywhere else in the states...

:dust: fer all!

Schmoodle
01-04-2008, 09:49 AM
Kara, he knows how. He is just practicing to be a man and would rather have me do it for him!

femmecreole
01-04-2008, 09:57 AM
Kara, I got a new slow cooker cookbook in yesterday (surprised cause I just ordered it!) It's a "healthy" recipe book. As I try them out, I'll post them. There are tons of soup recipes in them. There is one for Vegetarian Chili you may want to try.

little chick
01-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Soup, thanks for the reminder, I going make a wee little turkey soup with lots of veggies for lunch... I froze little baggies of turkey and I have low sodium broth, so I just need to add veggies and a few spices. I am off to do that right now.

tomandkara
01-04-2008, 10:14 AM
Hey Kiko! Hope your day quiets down!

Phoenix, don't trip over the other rats' tails! Good luck getting everything back to normal (whatever "normal" is!).

Schatzi, never fails - reading your post has me giggling for hours! Have fun in Furnitureland!

Thanks, Cat! I did not grow up in a chili cookin' family, so I need a recipe. I'd love to take a peek at the one in your book if you think it looks good, and have time to post it!

Schmoo, "practicing to be a man" :lol: too much!

I'm off to bed. Got the last load of laundry in but Tom just informed me that he "messed it up". I think he turned it off to get a shower and then tried to restart it but didn't quite get it right. Men. He claims to not know how to do the laundry so I do it, but somehow he survived the month we were in the States...:chin:

Kara

Kim_Star060404
01-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Wow. Lots of chatter in here this morning. I can't stay long - just a quick :coffee: and I'm off! I've got 4602 pages to print on my little printer and I'm fairly certain that it's printing about 10 sheets a minute. I know I'll be working through lunch and I will definitely be working late! (Or I may go home at 5 and just come in tomorrow so that DH and I can go see a movie tonight!)

Hope you're all having a great day and are peeing in peace!! ;) :rofl:

:hug:, Kim

Piper129
01-04-2008, 11:02 AM
Morning everyone! I am new here- just started today. I am hoping Phase 1 treats me well, and I don't feel too sick or anything. I am nervous about this diet because I have always heard such bad things about cutting out certain foods, etc. but I really do think it's a healthy diet, I just have my worries about making it through phase 1. But so far, I feel pretty positive. Can't wait to get to know you all better.

Schmoodle
01-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Welcome Piper. Have you read the book? I've found that lots of people has misinformation about SBD. When they ask me what plan I follow and I tell them, lots of times I hear "oh, I could never give up fruit," or "I love my pasta too much." In reality, after following the plan for 7 mos now, I haven't had to give up anything. I've really never felt deprived. If you find you are really missing something, let the chicks know, because chances are, we've figured out a way to include it. And remember, Ph1 is only two weeks, and you'll be so glad after you make it through, and your cravings are gone.

Piper129
01-04-2008, 12:35 PM
Yes, I've been reading the book. I have a good grasp of phase 1 I think, although I need to figure out more how phase 2 and 3 work. I realize that more things are worked in later, so really my two concerns are 1) how I will feel in phase 1 and 2) if I can handle adding things back in, since I am not the best with portion control.

Kim_Star060404
01-04-2008, 01:08 PM
Piper: Hey, nice to meet you! What I like about SB is that portion control isn't an issue except when it comes to fruit and starches - the P2 carbs. To keep me from over eating brown rice, for example, I only make one serving for me and one for DH and eat a huge serving of veggies. It really helps!

Schmoodle
01-04-2008, 01:12 PM
Piper, I had the same issues. The first time I tried SBD, I followed the menus in the book exactly for Ph2. So day 1 had, I think, 3 servings of grains, and 2 of fruits. My cravings returned and I couldn't stay on the plan. A year later I tried again, and had found 3fc, so I followed the chicks advice to add things in slowly when you start Ph2, one thing at a time. Although it's not necessary to track calories, on SBD, I did use Fitday to track mine for a few months, just to get a grasp of portion sizes.

Piper129
01-04-2008, 01:19 PM
yeah adding things in slowly makes sense, especially if ph1 is going well. I am nervous, but I am just trying to concentrate on getting through ph1.

dixied
01-04-2008, 01:30 PM
Welcome Piper! :welcome2:

I swear I had posted this morning, but I guess I didn't. Odd. Nothing going on with me today except work and a trip to the bank. We get DSS this weekend, and I want to start redoing his room, so we might do another big clean this weekend. His room was the only one I didn't get to last week. The weather is supposed to be better so maybe we'll get in some racquetball.

Barb0522
01-04-2008, 02:41 PM
Hi, everyone! Work has been extremely busy today and I've been setting up a meeting to start planning online registration for Twilight Camp. The 17th is the first date we could all make it. Too many scouting activities. We're going to hold it at my house so some of us can bring our boys. Hopefully they won't get too loud. I think Pam's son is 2 years younger than Brian but I don't know how loud he is.

Brian has his two gerbils now. Cocoa and Cloudy. Cocoa is black (must be dark chocolate) and Cloudy is a light gray. Allie (one of our cats) thought that they should be named Dinner and Dessert! She didn't get her wish though. Cloudy is more timid but Cocoa was already running around on Brian's hands last night.

Tomorrow I'll be in class all day at the University of Scouting. I'm taking a six hour course on Cub Scout Roundtable basics for Roundtable staff. Three or 4 of us are carpooling so I have to leave the house about 6:35AM. That's a bit early for a Saturday.

Piper129
01-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Hey, I have a quick question...

How specific are you all? I haven't really been calculating servings or anything, just watching the fats (dairy, nuts, oils) and not loading up, but not measuring or even keeping track of servings. Is that ok?

Also, I had a snack of lettuce wraps, and then ate my mocha creme because it was sitting in the fridge and it looked yummy. lol! Would that be the kind of thing that is going to get me into trouble, or am I doing ok?

GONNABE165
01-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Piper different things work for different people. With phase 1 I am real strict with it - it is a detox but I do eat til I am full cause I hate to be hungry. Eating off plan can sometimes cause cravings so pay close attention to your triggers.

cottagebythesea
01-04-2008, 07:01 PM
:welcome3: Piper! It's nice to meet you! I see the others are doing a fantastic job of answering your questions, everyone here is really helpful and encouraging. :)
You should eat until you're satisfied during Phase 1, but keep in mind that if you go over 3500 calories a day, you will gain. Depending on how much you weigh and how much you want to lose, most of us try to keep our calories between 1200 - 1800 a day. If you follow Phase 1 carefully, getting in your 3meals and 3 snacks a day, and eating at least 4 1/2 cups of veggies and drinking plenty of water, you won't be hungry and will feel full and satisfied between meals. Look around our site and check out the FAQs and recipe section, too! Good luck and we hope you post often!

THINBYJUNE
01-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Went through the whole day feeling great only to get home and the :censored: headache is back. I have a dr.'s appointment next Wednesday but I really hope it's gone long before then.

Gonna I've been fighting with our new insurance company already and we've only had them for 4 days now.:mad: Good luck.

Kara I love the washer/dryer combo concept.

Kim Hope you were able to get everything printed without having to stay late or give up your Saturday.

Schatzi Hope your trip to Furnitureland was prouctive.

Schmoodle Hope you got all your stuff done and the family made the chocolates disappear.

Kiko Enjoy your quiet house this weekend.

Phx A big dose of rain headed your way. No lightning or thunder but be ready for COLD :brr: (or at least the west coast version of cold)

Femme Soup sounds divine. Although everything you make sounds alot better than anything in my fridge.

Dixie Hope you had a good day at work. Raquetball sounds like fun.

:wave: Barb

:welcome2: Piper

I rented a few exercise DVD's on the way home so I'm going to try working off my headache with my weight. So long as something goes away I don't even care which one tonight. Have a great night everyone.