Fitness Videos - The FIRM Support Thread *All formats Welcome*

mkat321
01-03-2008, 08:42 PM
since I opened my mouth and suggested it, I figured I'd go ahead and start the thread.

feel free to share past FIRM success stories. :) I'm a big fan of success stories. Before we could afford internet, I used to buy the diet mags solely for the success stories {obviously I wasn't following the plans in the magazines, or I wouldn't be back up to almost 200 lbs}

mkat321
01-04-2008, 12:56 PM
*bump*ing to see if there's any real interest

Darby1
01-04-2008, 10:53 PM
I'm a big fan of success stories too!

I bought the original Tranfirmer (at least I think it was the original--blue box that had legs you could pull down to make it higher or lower). I did one workout on it and then it collected dust in the basement for several years.

I had been a member of the YMCA for about a year so I could go to the classes (I love group classes), but my schedule never seemed to coincide with the classes, so it was a waste of money.

One night, I couldn't sleep, so I turned on the t.v., and watched an infomercial for the newest Firm workouts. The next day, I went to Target and bought the Transfirmation system (the one with 2 separate boxes that can be stacked or set at an incline).

I started in October and have seen some amazing results! My arms are looking much more defined, my legs are looking good, and my bum has definitely "lifted". I've lost about 12 inches overall, lost 20 lbs (have added 4 back since the holidays:o).

I just bought about 20 of the classic firm tapes (the Firm site was having a huge sale), and those are really tough! I laugh at the outdated hair, makeup and workout clothes, but those are some seriously hard workouts!

I've slacked off a bit because of the holidays, but I'm ready to get back into it. I try to do 3-4 Firm workouts weekly, and 2-3 HIIT workouts on the treadmill.

allabouttheskinny
01-04-2008, 11:18 PM
I'll be doing the thansfirmation workouts as soon as I get it. I have BSS1 and will do those workouts to the best of my ability while I wait.

CherryBlossom
01-05-2008, 04:15 AM
I got the pink Transfirmation workout kit as a gift lol. It seems really nice. I did about 15 minutes of the Hi Def Sculpting last night and I am deeeefinitely feeling it today.

The only thing is, I don't like their cardio. I prefer low impact, like Walk Away the Pounds. I guess I could use Firm for strength training and keep my regular cardio.

tomandkara
01-05-2008, 06:01 AM
I use The Firm Stability Ball DVD three times a week. I love it! I have the Fanny Lifter and the three VHS (yes, that's how long I've had it!) tapes for it and then purchased a more advanced series for the Fanny Lifter a couple years ago, but it's in storage in California right now. Sounds like there are a lot more options out there now! I don't even know what this TransFIRMer system is.

I lost all of the baby weight from Baby #1 plus ten more pounds using The Firm, then all of the baby weight plus ten extra pounds from Baby #2. Before I got pregnant with my third, I was twenty pounds lighter than when I got married! It's a great system. I'm hoping that sale that Darby mentioned is still on!

Kara

mkat321
01-05-2008, 05:06 PM
I finally pressed play and did about 30 minutes of the Hi Def Sculpt this morning. I'm feeling it in my shoulders and my butt, of all places.

My one complaint that regards the exercises themselves is the seated crunches. They have you do so many elbow to opposite knee, then start bringing the knee to the midline to meet the elbow. I could not do it. My leg kept getting 'hung up' on my fat rolls :(

Other than that, I was a sweaty mess when I was done. Of course I had to 'break' a rule and start with weights since I'd done the Firm dvds from wal mart off and on in the past with no weights, and didn't feel like they really did any good.

Darby1
01-05-2008, 08:42 PM
kara-the firm is still holding the sale. Their website is firmdirect.com. It looks like the prices are even a bit cheaper than when I ordered. If you do order, be aware that the shipping prices are a bit high, and it takes them a LONG time to ship them out. It took about 3 weeks before I got my order.

How do you like Osan? I was stationed there in 92-93 and I loved it!

mkat321-it will get easier! As long as you start with low weights and make sure you're using good form, you'll have no problems! And I know about being a sweaty mess when I'm done! I'm going to jump back into it tomorrow and try to do at least 3 Firm workouts this week!

tomandkara
01-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Thanks, Darby! I was on there looking at the prices and for some of those packages, the videos are only $2 or $3 each! That's a steal!

We are having fun in Korea. This is my husband's second tour here at Osan. He was here '96-'97. We were dating but not married yet and I was still in college. It was an awful year for me, so this time when he got his orders, we brought the whole family over even though we're not command-sponsored. The kids and I stayed back in the States for about a month and it was really hard on us. I'd find our six year old curled up in bed with a picture of Tom just crying his little eyes out. Our three year old would run to the door every time the bell rang, thinking it was Tom. And the baby wasn't even one yet. It's been great for us being together. We have a terrific four bedroom, two full (American style) bath apartment about a block and a half from the Beta gate in a little residential part of town. The base is so easy to get around, and they've built a whole bunch - new BX, new community center is going up, there's an indoor pool now, even a Chili's! We're winding down our time - off to Ramstein in March - but I'm so glad we leapt the pond and came over.

Kara

djstorey
01-05-2008, 10:20 PM
I love my firm workouts! I bought the transfirmer system last Christmas for my own present and recently got the workouts that came with the previous incline step. Total, I've got probably 15 of their workouts so far! I definitely have built up muscle using their workouts, but in order to see it, I need to lose more weight!

I'd love to hear from more people that do the firm. We'll see if this thread takes off.

Grazer
01-06-2008, 06:57 PM
I'm fairly new to the Firm- since mid November. I do Total Body Time Crunch 2-3 times a week and love. I just got Shape and Burn and plan to try it soon.

mkat321
01-07-2008, 01:08 AM
OMG! I could not believe how much I hurt this afternoon. Not horrible or anything. But I was startled because I wasn't too sore when I woke up, but as the day wore on, yeouch! I ended up being too scared of doing the next DVD. So I'll have to claim my rest day today and do the Cardio Party tomorrow.

polkadotfever
01-07-2008, 10:53 AM
I really wish they would hurry up and ship my order!! I got an email saying they were processing it last Wednesday, so maybe it will ship today. Can't wait to get started!

djstorey
01-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Polkadot - Take a deep breath. They are so slow!!! The best thing I can say is that the workouts are great so it will be worth it when they come.

Darby1
01-08-2008, 04:46 PM
So, I forced myself to go down today and do a Firm dvd. I did Supercharged Sculpting. It's only 30 minutes long so I thought it would be a good one to start off on. I've only done one Firm workout since I've been back from vacation (and we got back on December 19th!). I used light weights. I'll get on the treadmill tomorrow, and back to the Firm on Thursday.

Did anyone else "Firm" today?

djstorey
01-08-2008, 06:18 PM
I did! I just got done with Total Muscle Shaping, which is part of the Total Body Sculpting system and uses the incline step. Tomorrow I'll probably do one of my more cardio type firm workouts.

mkat321
01-13-2008, 12:24 AM
I did 35 minutes yesterday again but could only muster 15 minutes of cardio overdrive today.

I looked over cardio party but just can't seem to get into it, does anyone else have this problem?

fiberlover
01-13-2008, 01:37 PM
I ordered my transfirmation right after Christmas. They processed my order on the 27th, and I still have not received it yet. We are leaving for vacation Friday, I was hoping to have it before then!
I can't wait to start :)

LynseyLikes2Lose
01-13-2008, 01:58 PM
I have been looking at the transFIRMation system all morning. I saw an infomercial on it earlier and it looks great. I am a WATP's girl so what kind of things does this have that would make me want to change over? Should I buy it? Is it worth the money?

Daimere
01-14-2008, 10:01 AM
I'm thinking of breaking and ordering the transfirmer series because I can order it off amazon and I can use the step for my other FIRMs I've had for years but no step. Is it worth it?

djstorey
01-14-2008, 10:37 AM
Daimere - I think it's totally worth it if you are wanting to step. I have the transfirmer series with the step and love it. I use it with all my regular step videos and videos that use a high step. Regular steps can increase from 6 to 8" like this one does, and even work as a high step (14"), but you'd have to add a lot of expensive risers to them. This step can also be used on an incline. The Firm is the only one that uses an incline that I've found, but I do like the routines on the incline for something a little different. I've also had good results with the transfirmer videos but they can be tough.

polkadotfever
01-14-2008, 03:10 PM
w00t! I just called them and they say they shipped my order on the 10th. Should be any day now. Can't wait to start!

mkat321
01-14-2008, 07:29 PM
must get off puter and press play.

Darby1
01-16-2008, 03:31 PM
I did the Jiggle Free arms dvd this morning. I raised my weights and went all out on the cardio part, and got a really good workout.

Anyone else "firm" today?

BLueJay624
01-18-2008, 06:13 PM
I have been doing the new firm for about two weeks and have already lost 8 lbs... I love Hi-def sculpt and Hard core fusion and I really don't mind the cardio overdrive... I hate the cardio party and find myself skipping that disc. This is going to sound corny but for cardio workout I play dance dance revolution for and hour three times a week. Anyone know any more good cardio workouts?

Daimere
01-20-2008, 09:40 PM
I found the transfirmation kit on amazon. So it's going to be shipped tomorrow. Hopefully a friend of mine bought me the transfirmer the other day and I should get it any day. ^_^

polkadotfever
01-22-2008, 05:04 PM
*sigh* they have shipped it to the wrong address and it's being sent back now. i'm going to try to pick one up at the store.

polkadotfever
01-22-2008, 05:31 PM
i should add that they offered me to re-order it once they receive the original order. i nicely declined. i ordered that thing 22 days ago. i'm so over that website and SO ticked off at them. i'm hoping i can find one around here.

Darby1
01-22-2008, 07:29 PM
Did you order it through the Firm website? They really aren't very efficient, are they? Try ordering through Amazon. They're much better.

Cheree
01-22-2008, 10:56 PM
Hi ALL!

I'm also a Walk Away the Pounds follower, but I decided I wanted something a different and got a good deal on the TransFIRMation kit in Dec. I did the Hi-Def Sculpt yesterday. I didn't look to see how long it was, and it seemed to go on forever (I checked after I was finished and it's 55 minutes - I was thinking it had been 45 minutes). I thought it gave a very good overall body muscle workout and I liked that it included stretching throughout it (they say stretching is good for ya). I didn't get all of the moves perfectly, but I kept up pretty good. I went ahead and used my 3 pound weights with it since I had been doing the WATP workouts with those same weights.

According to the "Jump Start Workout Calendar", I'm suppose to do the Cardio Party today (well, tonight now), but I've heard some people say they don't like it. If you don't like it, what is it about that one you don't like? Thanks! :carrot:

Cheree

polkadotfever
01-23-2008, 11:01 AM
23 days later and i have my firm kit. i went to target last night and picked up the transfirmer which comes with 3 videos. i can finally start firming. :carrot:

had i known target would have the set i would not have bothered ordering. i'll be using amazon for all videos from now on. sheesh!

djstorey
01-23-2008, 11:56 AM
polkadot - Hope you enjoy it! I love my transfirmer and the workouts. Warning though, the ultimate calorie blaster can be tough and I've heard people complain about it, but, after mastering it, it's now one of my favorites. Just give yourself time to learn and don't worry if you can't finish the workout at first. You'll get there.

BLueJay624
01-23-2008, 08:30 PM
Cheree---I did not really care for Cardio party because I find it boring and at times confusing. Some of the instructions on the dvd aren't so clear so by the time I figured out the sequence they were on to the next sequence and I was over the whole workout. I skip that disk and actually do cardio overdrive or another exercise like taebo or I even play a video game called dance dance revolution which is really fun and also really gets my heart rate up. I am still looking for other cardio workouts to supplement into my exercise routine.

Cheree
01-23-2008, 09:07 PM
Cheree---I did not really care for Cardio party because I find it boring and at times confusing. Some of the instructions on the dvd aren't so clear so by the time I figured out the sequence they were on to the next sequence and I was over the whole workout. I skip that disk and actually do cardio overdrive or another exercise like taebo or I even play a video game called dance dance revolution which is really fun and also really gets my heart rate up. I am still looking for other cardio workouts to supplement into my exercise routine.

Thanks for the info!!! :)

Daimere
01-23-2008, 10:13 PM
Amazon just got me my TransFIRMation system. ^_____^ I'm going to test it tomorrow for the 10 workouts and visible results

Daimere
01-24-2008, 01:10 PM
I did hi def sculpt for the first time. It's different that Turbo Sculpt. Problem is that I get light headed from switching on floor to floor

allabouttheskinny
01-24-2008, 10:46 PM
I did hi def sculpt for the first time. It's different that Turbo Sculpt. Problem is that I get light headed from switching on floor to floor

I don't like the up and down going from standing to floor to standing again. I'd rather do all my standing work at once, and then my floor work at once. But, the workout is good. I was sore the next day, but I didn't feel like I was struggling to get through it. I liked Cardio Party too. That got my heart rate up!

allabouttheskinny
01-24-2008, 10:48 PM
According to the "Jump Start Workout Calendar", I'm suppose to do the Cardio Party today (well, tonight now), but I've heard some people say they don't like it. If you don't like it, what is it about that one you don't like? Thanks! :carrot:

Cheree

I liked CP because it was just pure floor work and dancing, no extra equipment needed! Some of the moves were hard to pick up (Rebekah's and Allie's), but ultimately, it was FUN even though I couldn't do it perfectly. :carrot:

Manick
01-24-2008, 11:02 PM
Hooray, some fellow FIRMers! :cool: I just got a new copy of the OLD Upper Body VHS, mine bit the dust. Love this one. It is just upper body moves and I can use heavy weights. I sorta skip the cardio moves that go along with the lighter weight lifting moves and just concentrate on good form.

Plan to start the TransFIRM series in the AM. I just ordered the transfirmer from Amazon. Hopefully I will like it as much as the old VHS tapes of yesteryear. I certainly NEED to be transfirmed like I was in yesteryear. Ha.

Daimere
01-25-2008, 12:51 PM
I did 30 minutes of Cardio Party. I just couldn't get into it and I started feeling dizzy so I stopped. I hope I'll have it figured out in a week.

fiberlover
01-25-2008, 08:26 PM
Hi everyone. Just got my Transfirmation stuff! They upgraded me for some reason, and included the extra weight upgrade with the 2 extra videos. They weren't even on my order form , just in the box. Pretty cool.

I did the hi def sculpt today. I used some weights, since I do physical work anyway, and think I will bump them up a bit next time. I found my heart rate didn't get real high for this workout - but since it is more strength training, I didn't worry too much about it.
I am going to follow the monthly schedule, so that means cardio party tomorrow!

mia713
01-27-2008, 12:31 PM
Hi guys, I recently purchased the TransFIRMer via Amazon and did my first workout today. I did the sculpting. I had to stop and start to get some moves right. All in all I enjoyed it, but I'm not so sure my neighbors below did. (I'm on the 3rd floor.)

Cheree
01-27-2008, 06:32 PM
I liked CP because it was just pure floor work and dancing, no extra equipment needed! Some of the moves were hard to pick up (Rebekah's and Allie's), but ultimately, it was FUN even though I couldn't do it perfectly. :carrot:

Thank you!

Well, I liked Hi-Def Sculpt and I tried to do Cardio Overdrive, but I couldn't get some of the moves - so I felt frustrated. I'm afraid to try Cardio Party if it has moves that are hard to follow as well.

The Cardio Overdrive DVD seemed like a cross between a Walk Away the Pounds DVD and a Turbo Jam DVD.

I may just do the Hi-Def Sculpt 2 or 3 times a week, and Walk Away the Pounds DVDs 2 or 3 times a week. I don't know if I can ever get the moves down on Cadio Overdrive or Cardio Party. Part of the problem for me is that I can't even tell for sure what the steps are from watching them. I do think the workouts are very good though, and I just resorted to walking briskly in place when I couldn't catch on...but I didn't feel all that great about that.

BLueJay624
01-27-2008, 09:28 PM
I have a quick question for every one... I need to lose at least two dress sizes by March 28th which is the day of my sisters wedding (I am her maid of honor and thanks to the holidays my dress not longer fits.) I've been doing the firm work outs and seeing some results; but I know I can lose even more weight if I start a healthy diet plan too. Any one out there have any good suggestions. I debating between a strict 1500cal a day diet or adding slim fast to breakfast and lunch and just eating dinner.

fiberlover
01-27-2008, 09:45 PM
Count me as one of those that didn't care for Cardio Party. Some of the moves were confusing, and it wasn't all that fun, actually! LOL.
I will do other cardio on those days that I enjoy more. Back to Hi def sculpt tomorrow!

Daimere
01-28-2008, 01:13 AM
I did hi def sculpt again. Although light headness, I cut it short. At least I did it that's all I think!

fiberlover
01-28-2008, 03:04 PM
Did hi def sculpt again today. Looking forward to trying some of the other workouts - but I decided to follow their plan for the month.

fiberlover
01-30-2008, 04:34 PM
Did Hard Core Fusion today. That moved quick! I missed some moves. I was a bit frustrated at the pace change on some of them, but I marched in place when it got really confusing. It will take a while to do the advanced moves.

I don't work up a big sweat doing these, not sure why - it's almost an hour long! I love the resistance training, and feel this will be great for my arms and back. I still feel like I need to do more cardio today.

allabouttheskinny
01-31-2008, 10:27 AM
Hard Core Fusion was really tough for me. Really tough. But I made it through. These videos remind me how out of shape I am, but at the same time, they are very inspiring. I get inspired working out with the girls knowing that I'm going to get at fit as they are. Today, I'm doing Cardio Party again, which I enjoy. But that one wears me out. I bought some protein shakes to use after I work out. I got really hungry after doing high def sculpt on Monday, and I think I need to feed my muscle with protein for better/faster results.

Cheree
02-01-2008, 12:04 PM
I did hi def sculpt again. Although light headness, I cut it short. At least I did it that's all I think!

I wonder why you're getting light headness or dizziness. You might want to check in with your doc to see if there's a medical reason for it. Take care!

fiberlover
02-01-2008, 01:24 PM
On Day 8 of the Calender for The Firm. That means Hi Def Sculpt again today. I now don't get mixed up with the moves, after a couple times I can remember how it goes LOL! It felt really good today. I have been using the weights all along. I think I am feeling something in my waist and abs from these workouts. Measurements come after 10 workouts, so I am a little over half way there.

fiberlover
02-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Back to Hi Def Sculpt today. Really getting the hang of that one now! I'll be curious about measurements this Friday!

fiberlover
02-05-2008, 02:20 PM
Today was a new one in the rotation. Cardio Overdrive. Holy crap this was fast and hard!! Wow! I spend a lot of time modifying the moves, or leaving out the arm stuff. It's going to be many times through before I have this one down.
I haven't sweated this much since summer time!

mkat321
02-05-2008, 11:56 PM
Got to get back to it tomorrow. it's been almost 2 weeks. :(

how have your measurements changed?

fiberlover
02-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Today was Hard Core Fusion. Felt totally inept at it today, for some reason LOL! Did some swearing during the workout.

I take measurements at the end of the week. I already have been working out prior to the Firm, so I don't know what to expect as far as results go. But - I do feel stronger.

KellyBee
02-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Hi all Firm lovers! I haven't tried the new set yet since I am still really loving version 2 of the Transfirmer (Aerobic Body Shaping, Ultimate Calorie Blaster, etc). I used to have a workout calendar but unfortunately cannot find it. I really don't want to pay the $25 to be a member of the Firm site, so I thought maybe someone out there has the old calendar for these workouts? Any help would be greatly appreciated....thanks!

fiberlover
02-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Well - did my 10 workout measurements.
Weight - down 3 pounds

I lost a total of 7.5 inches! 2 off my waist. I'm quite pleased about that!

Darby1
02-08-2008, 10:31 AM
KellyBee,
Do you want the one month rotation that they give you in the book? If that's what you need, let me know and I can type it up for you.

JourneytoMe
02-08-2008, 06:12 PM
Wooohoo! I just got done with my very first Firm workout, the high-def sculpting. Man, that works up a sweat :yay: So glad I found the firm, I really feel like it's something I can stick with, and won't get bored with easily. I need to find a tape measure so I can keep up with those inches...

KellyBee
02-08-2008, 06:32 PM
Darby - that's exactly what I'm looking for. If you could do that for me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, and have a great weekend!

Darby1
02-08-2008, 08:02 PM
KellyBee,
Here goes:
Day 1-Supercharged Sculpting
Day 2-Rest
Day 3-Supercharged Sculpting
Day 4-Rest
Day 5-Aerobic Body Shaping
Day 6-Rest
Day 7-Rest
Day 8-Aerobic Body Shaping
Day 9-Rest
Day 10-Ultimate Calorie Blaster
Day 11-Rest
Day 12-Supercharged Sculpting
Day 13-Rest
Day 14-Rest
Day 15-Ultimate Calorie Blaster
Day 16-Rest
Day 17-Aerobic Body Shaping
Day 18-Rest
Day 19-Ultimate Calorie Blaster
Day 20-Rest
Day 21-Supercharged Sculpting

And that's it! Hope it helps.

If you like those, you might like the Jiggle Free series (legs, abs, and arms) They use the Transfirmer and they're all 30 minute workouts (a combination of weights and cardio). I like them a lot!

Happy Firming!

KellyBee
02-08-2008, 08:51 PM
Thanks so much for taking the time to post the schedule for me. And thanks for the tip on the jiggle-free series. I've seen that out there, but never heard a whole lot about it (did they ever do an infomercial for them?) I'm kind of shying away from the newest series because it doesn't use the step, and that's one of my favorite parts of the Firm (I'm a die-hard stepper from the 90's!) I will definitely check out the jiggle-free dvd's - I like the shorter 30 minute option for a workout.

fiberlover
02-11-2008, 12:17 PM
Hi Firmies!! Today is Hard Core Fusion. I am actually looking forward to it!

Rhighlan86
02-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Well last night at target I saw two firm videos and I decided to get them. I had a firm system before with the steps, but in an apartment I don't think I should do the lifts on the step unless I really want to annoy my downstairs neighbors. But I decided to try the Burn and Shape today. Woosh that was defiantely a workout. My arms are shaking, I really felt it. I felt a little silly at the beginning because the choreography is fast and I looked stupid, but I think after a few more tries I'll get it. These ladies definately know what they are doing

fiberlover
02-12-2008, 01:19 PM
Today is Cardio Overdrive. I am really liking these workouts! My only complaint is that my pedometer doesn't move much even after 45 minutes LOL

allabouttheskinny
02-12-2008, 09:51 PM
I find Cardio Overdrive and Hard Core Fusion REALLY challenging. But, thank God for the express workouts. I intend to do those until I get in better shape. I did Hard Core Fusion express tonight.

Gwen77
02-13-2008, 12:38 PM
Hi I am new to the board and new to working out and dieting. Here is my Firm story thus far. I got The Total Body TransFIRMation weight set and DVD's for my bday from my DH (at my request) and started my journey on
1-7-08. I have done it anywhere between 5 and 6 days a weeks since then. I had to take a week off two weeks ago because my whole house, myself included, got the stomach flu. I was nervous to start. At start I was 234 lbs and a size 20. I did the weigh in and all the measuring. Worked out for two weeks and did the 10 workouts. After the 10 work outs, I measured again. I had lost 14 3/4 inches already! 5 inches in my waist alone. I also went down a full dress size. Now, the scale has only moved 4 lbs, but muscle weighs more than fat so I am not concerned about that. I will measure and weigh myself again on Monday. They say to do it every month, but, it is inspiring to see the results. This is something that you can stick to and see results quickly. I saw them even faster than 10 workouts!
Sometimes I dread the workout cuz I can get lazy. And my favorites change daily. Overall I know I like it because I have stuck to it and am doing it ALL the time.

fiberlover
02-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Gwenn77 - that's great! Don't you love working out with the weights??
I think my favorite workout is the hi def sculpt. I don't like the cardio party, so I don't do that one LOL.

Gwen77
02-13-2008, 05:57 PM
I hate cardio party. Too much talking. No offence but the Southern drawl from the instructors grate on this Northerner's (Chi Town) nerves. I am sure I could tolerate it IF I wasn't working my toosh off!!! LOL.
My fave right now is Cardio Overdrive "express". Its the fastest workout at only 25 mins. Next in line is Hardcore Fusion. Then the Hi Def Sculpt. I increased weight this week and it was TOUGH on Mon.
I do it 6 days a week. I do not skip today and on Sat I just do the Cardio Overdrive "express".
I will measure again on Mon but I don't think I lost as much. After that I am just going to do the monthly measurements.
How are your results so far?

BLueJay624
02-14-2008, 01:55 PM
This last week an half I have not done one work out... I fell so unmotivated to keep going. I have also killed my self in calories by eating a lot of fast food and sweets. I hoping I'll find my motivation over this three day weekend. I keep telling myself that my sister’s wedding is in a month and a half and I need to lose at least one dress size or 20lbs. On the bright side my friend gave me her urban rebounder, because she is moving, so I thinking I’m going to start rebounding on the days when I suppose to cardio party and cardio overdrive (which I absolutely hate). Wish me luck!

allabouttheskinny
02-14-2008, 08:54 PM
Hi I am new to the board and new to working out and dieting. Here is my Firm story thus far. I got The Total Body TransFIRMation weight set and DVD's for my bday from my DH (at my request) and started my journey on
1-7-08. I have done it anywhere between 5 and 6 days a weeks since then. I had to take a week off two weeks ago because my whole house, myself included, got the stomach flu. I was nervous to start. At start I was 234 lbs and a size 20. I did the weigh in and all the measuring. Worked out for two weeks and did the 10 workouts. After the 10 work outs, I measured again. I had lost 14 3/4 inches already! 5 inches in my waist alone. I also went down a full dress size. Now, the scale has only moved 4 lbs, but muscle weighs more than fat so I am not concerned about that. I will measure and weigh myself again on Monday. They say to do it every month, but, it is inspiring to see the results. This is something that you can stick to and see results quickly. I saw them even faster than 10 workouts!
Sometimes I dread the workout cuz I can get lazy. And my favorites change daily. Overall I know I like it because I have stuck to it and am doing it ALL the time.

Congrats on the inches lost :carrot: I have done my 10 workouts, but I never did measure myself. My weight is holding steady unfortunately. But I believe the FIRM will work. I may go ahead and measure this weekend and re-measure in another 10 workouts. My lower back still hurts from doing the workout, but I'm sure it has to do with my posture. I thought it was the FL because it hurt when I did those darn leg presses. But it must be my form. :o

I did Cardio overdrive express today.

fiberlover
02-14-2008, 10:04 PM
allabouttheskinny - measure yourself, don't go by the scale with the Firm. Inches will drop!

Gwen - I lost 7.5 inches in the first 10 workouts, which really surprised me, since I already was working out. I do the full length workouts, so today is rest day for me after 3 straight days. Tomorrow I do hi def sculpt, and will be increasing weights.

fiberlover
02-15-2008, 03:28 PM
Hi Def Sculpt today. This really is my favorite of the Firm workouts. I increased my weights a bit, and didn't have any problems.

Darby1
02-15-2008, 08:21 PM
I don't have the newest Firm system, so for those of you that do, I'm wondering what it is that you don't like about Cardio party? And what do you like about Hi Def Sculpt? Do you like the Hardcore Fusion? I'm really happy with my Transfirmer system, so I wonder if it's worth getting. Can you get the dvd's without the weights?

fiberlover
02-15-2008, 08:28 PM
Darby -
I find Cardio party boring, and more of a chore than fun.
I like the other videos because I really like strength training, and this combines cardio and strength training together.
You probably could get the DVDs without the weights off of ebay or something, but all the workouts (except cardio party) use them.

Gwen77
02-16-2008, 10:18 AM
I don't have the newest Firm system, so for those of you that do, I'm wondering what it is that you don't like about Cardio party? And what do you like about Hi Def Sculpt? Do you like the Hardcore Fusion? I'm really happy with my Transfirmer system, so I wonder if it's worth getting. Can you get the dvd's without the weights?

I dunno, I just don't care for it. I really like the videos that make you use the weights. It feels as if you are doing more. Hi Def Sculpt is, meh, okay. I really love the Cardio Overdrive and the Hardcore Fusion. Because you are doing BOTH cardio and weight training.

I spoke to my ex boyfriend yesterday who is a Personal Trainer and a MMA Fighter. He said that The Firm is a great program and that he knows a lot of class instrctors at his gym that are incorporating the Synergy Training system into classes. He also said that it is MORE than okay that our heart rate isn't high when doing these workouts. Its just to be expected with the type of exercise that we are doing. We are burning LOTS more calories than just with traditional cardio exercise. Its like a "muscle confusion" technique. So that was GREAT to hear. This guy has been a very successful trainer in a very popular gym for 6 years and has opened up 3 of his own gyms and training centers in the Chicagoland Area. He also trains for his own fights as well as trains some very famous fighters in the UFC. He knows his stuff and says that this is a very good system. I found it encouraging to hear. So I thought I would share with my 3FC "Firm" friends.

fiberlover
02-17-2008, 11:11 AM
Gwen - that's great to hear about the Firm! I was a little concerned that my heart rate wasn't getting up high enough.

fiberlover
02-17-2008, 06:15 PM
Today I did one of the bonus DVDs I got. Killer Buns and thighs. Yikes! That was only 30 minutes, thank goodness - but I sure felt it!

fiberlover
02-18-2008, 07:08 PM
Hi Firmies!! Happy Monday!
Have 3 days of workouts according to the calender. Today was Hard Core Fusion!!

Gwen77
02-19-2008, 11:11 AM
Hi Firmies!! Happy Monday!
Have 3 days of workouts according to the calender. Today was Hard Core Fusion!!
What calendar do you work off of? Mine is the one that came in the book. Are you in the Firm Belivers club? I am not. Too much $$$ per month for my taste.

fiberlover
02-19-2008, 01:47 PM
What calendar do you work off of? Mine is the one that came in the book. Are you in the Firm Belivers club? I am not. Too much $$$ per month for my taste.

Not in the club. I use the calender in the booklet that came with it. I started my calender month on a Friday, just by chance - so I do the workouts according to that.

Gwen77
02-19-2008, 05:39 PM
Ok, thanks. I am one of thoes "My diet starts on Mon" so I just assumed... My bad.
Question to whomever. My daughter was just diagnosed w/ influenza type a (the upper/head/chest kind) and I feel like I am getting sick as well. Headache, sore throat, and achy. Its better that I DON'T work out, right? I'll just run myself down more. I have been so good about it, I just feel guilty. But I also feel icky and just want to nap.
Thanks!

Darby1
02-19-2008, 10:13 PM
Gwen,
It's definitely better if you don't work out, especially if you think it's flu like symptoms. Take it easy for a few days and then ease back into it when you're feeling better.

Hope you feel better soon!

Also, thanks for all the info about the Synergy training.

fiberlover
02-20-2008, 04:04 PM
Today I did the Express Hard Core Fusion. I already walked for 30 minutes, so decided on the shorter version. It went by really fast!

Gwen, get some rest - don't push it. You can always do a light walk if you want to get something in.

Gwen77
02-20-2008, 06:05 PM
Ugh. I feel so icky. Like I swallowed glass.
Does chasing after the 1 yr old count as a light walk? LOL.
I can't wait to get better so I can get back to it. I love these weeks where I step on the scale and see the 2 lbs losses.

BLueJay624
02-21-2008, 12:59 PM
It’s been a little over two weeks since my last firm workout. I have no clue what’s wrong with me but I am completely unmotivated; between school and work I am worn out. I did stop eating fast food and sweets over the three day weekend and went back to my diet. Hopefully after my Chem. midterm I can get back in the habit.

Gwen77
02-21-2008, 01:25 PM
BlueJay,

Have you tried the express workouts? They are no more than 25 mins. I actually tell myself during the workout that this is SUCH a short time in comparison to the 24 hrs that we DO have in a day and that I am doing such a good thing for my body.

Maybe try that?

Good luck and if you need anything let me know!

Hat Trick
02-22-2008, 09:53 AM
I'm also a Firmie -- from time to time. Have't done a WO in awhile 'cause I always think it's not getting my HR up enough. So glad to hear that this is ok and that a trainer is giving these WOs a thumbs up. I always thought that even though I liked the WOs and felt them, that because my HR wasn't really up there it was maybe a waste of time. Thanks for the info Gwen!

I have several of the 'sculpting stick' WOs. But the stick broke -- can't they make anything that lasts? :shrug: That's ok -- I figure I use more of my muscles balancing up and down the step w/out it. :) I just bought the Firm Power Yoga. Never having done yoga I'm really enjoying it. Yoga pros may see it more as a 1/2 hr stretch but for me, it seems to fill in a gap. I only do it once a week or so and feel it the next day -- yeah, in the good way!

fiberlover
02-22-2008, 03:12 PM
Did measurements today. After 30 days on the Firm:
I have lost 5 pounds and

2 inches from my chest
2.5 off my waist
2 inches off my hips
1.5 inches off my upper arm
1 inch off my thigh
1 inch off my calf.
Total of 10 inches. I am quite pleased with that!

Daimere
02-23-2008, 02:25 AM
I got the transfirmation system today! YAY.

fiberlover
02-23-2008, 05:58 PM
Daimere - have fun with the workouts!

I did Cardio Overdrive today. Now that my calender month is up with just the Firm, I am moving the dvds into my rotation for workouts.

Gwen77
02-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Gosh, I was unable to workout at ALL this week. First my daughter got the flu, then me, and then my 1 yr old go the flu and his Dr sent him for a chest xray and he was diagnosed with Pneumonia. So having to take care of both the 12 yr old and the one yr old, and oh yeah MYSELF (the house and the husband in there, too) I just could NOT do it. At all. I feel like a loser.
For some reason I am left with this gloomy feeling of "I am going to be like this forever" and "I am just NOT going to be able to do this this time". Very discouraged today. I need a pep talk, stat. Help my Chicks!

fiberlover
02-24-2008, 01:20 PM
Gwen - get right back on track now!!!
You know that saying
losing weight is hard
maintaining is hard
being fat is hard
choose your hard.

It's not any easier to stay where you are! Make a plan to go one meal at a time. Get moving for 10 minutes, that's it - just to get moving. It's so important for your overall well being!

Gwen77
02-25-2008, 09:55 AM
Ok, somehow, someway without working out and just sticking to my diet plan (and running around, having 2 sick kids, being sick myself and so on) I was able to lose 3 lbs last week.
I will be doing Hi Def sculpt today, as soon as the baby goes down for his AM nap.
Thanks for the pep talk, fiberlover.

fiberlover
02-25-2008, 04:41 PM
Good for you Gwen! Congrats on the loss :carrot:

Today I did Hard Core Fusion.

Gwen77
02-25-2008, 06:44 PM
I did Hi Def Sculpt and feel grrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

fiberlover
02-27-2008, 01:09 PM
Today was going to be a Firm day, but I shoveled snow for 45 minutes. Not sure I am up for a Firm workout! I'll have to wait until tonight to see how I feel.

BLueJay624
02-28-2008, 02:05 AM
I finally found my motivation!!! Ladies I finally remembered why I set out for my hopeful 40 pound wait loss by summer. I want to be a healthier, happier, more confident me. I want to see my niece grow up and be physically and emotionally there to help shape her future as happy and healthy person. I also realized that I was more energized for the last month while working than that last two and half weeks I haven’t. I committed to starting my work out tomorrow… wish me luck firmies!

PS. Special thanks to Gwenn77 for the pep talk last week!!!!

Gwen77
02-28-2008, 10:32 AM
Fiberlover, uh...Last time I checked shoveling ANYTHING for 45 mins IS A WORKOUT, so you got your workout in, if you ask me, honey! It just wasn't to a DVD in the warmth and comfort of your own living room. This winter stinks. Chicago has seen about 50+ inches of snow so far! With more to come this afternoon and tomorrow. ICK!

BlueJay, Way to have a great attitude! You are doing something so good for yourself. I kind of felt pretty bad last week as well and Fiberlover actually talked me back into feeling better. Your on the right track. Let us know how the workout went!

Hugs to everyone!

fiberlover
02-28-2008, 01:44 PM
bluejay - welcome back to the land of motivation LOL!

Gwen - I hear you on the snow. We got a foot, ugh. And there is so much already on the ground. Our driveway looks like a tobbogan run!
Did Hi Def sculpt today, and increased the weights a bit.

Should we start a new Firm thread on March 1st?

Gwen77
02-28-2008, 02:19 PM
Sure, I think we should start a thread on 3-1. It seems to be pretty popular. You guys do keep me motivated.
Lori, just so you know, I got The Firm from a store I did not but it online. And I just bought 5 lb dumb bells to use for increase (they were only $10 as opoosed to 20 + Shipping) and they work fine. My ex, the trainer, said that every six weeks to increase by a lb if I feel that I am not getting the results I used to.
I saw my Mom today for the first time in two weeks and she went on and on about how my body is just changing. Felt good.

scarahjs
07-04-2008, 10:14 AM
The Firm is great!

naynai0428
03-19-2009, 10:53 AM
going to the store in the morning to buy the firm transfirmation system...I've been doing Yoga Booty Ballet for the past month and only lost 3 pounds, I do see some changes in my body but feel like I need to change it up a bit because I'm beginning to get bored...what size weights do you need for the workouts...I've been using 5lbs weights and I think the weights that come with the set from the store are only 3lbs, but I heard in one workout you use 2 different sizes...looking forward to seeing some results, my birthday is next month and I'd like to feel like all my work is not in vain:)

naynai0428
03-24-2009, 01:47 AM
ok glad to say i just bought the cardioweight workout dvd on ebay for $5...i am so excited it's 4 workouts and i already have weights, can't wait for it to get here so i can try it out...looks like u guys are enjoying it and i need a change i've gotten so bored with my YBB routine I only worked out like 3x's last week...gotta get back on track...on another note I got the firm BSS2 total scuplt from the goodwill this weekend for $1...liked the workout but this morning ooh my legs, especially my calves felt every bit of it...lol, hope everyone stays motivated this weekend:)

dsamy
03-31-2009, 09:09 AM
hi
I am so glad I found this thread. I just started using the firm a week ago ( body sculpting system 1 that includes, body scultp, ab sculpt and cardio sculpt) btw, any tips where can I find the rotation calendar for this system. I have been exercising on and off for the last 2-3 years but the truth is more off than on. Now, I have gained something like 7kgs over the extra 20kgs I already carry so I hope I can do it now.

naynai0428: I also got the BSS2 for a great price ( less than 10 $ I think but will not be doing it unless now. again any tip of the BSS2 calendar)

HeaterAS
04-01-2009, 10:32 PM
I guess I WAS a firm success story. Between the firm and weight watchers I lost 40 lbs a few years ago.

There are some pics of me 5 weeks into The Firm here:

ugh wont' let me post a link...oh well

basically in 5 weeks I went from a loose 22 to a perfect fitting 18

2 babies and many lbs later I'm back where I started.

I'm been back at the Firm since 3/09 though and I've lost 11.5 inches! I just had my daughter on 1/24/09.

dsamy
04-02-2009, 04:27 AM
heateras: that is great. doing the happy dance for you :carrot: what system/tapes are you using?

I just finished ab sculpt with Lisa from (bss1) and I moving slowly from beginner's modifications to advanced exercisers.

HeaterAS
04-02-2009, 10:49 AM
I am using the transfirmer system primarily. I LOVE the incline. My son does too, he uses it as a slide, LOL.

I have all the transfirmer DVD's, including the Jiggle Free ones. I like them all, but don't do aerobic body shaping as much as I should because it's just soooo long and I typically have to get my exercise in 30-40 minute spurts throughout the day before I have to change a diaper/feed someone/use the restroom myself, LOL.

I also have a few of the oldies. Like the old 80's/90's stuff. That stuff is HARD though. I haven't tried the new transformation stuff and the wave thing seems kind of silly. But I bet if I saw the informercial I'd drool over it, LOL.

You know Carla on the infomercial? Well I kind of befriended her when we were both on WW.com. She's who inspired me to start the Firm. Her screen name over there was freefromfat. She has a website/blog type thing that documents her journey. She's a REAL success story. But of course I can't post links yet :(

Today I think I'm going to do Fat Blasting Cardio along with Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. It's a cardio day for me and tomorrow is my weigh in and REST day!

firefliesandpixies
04-02-2009, 11:59 AM
I just purchased the Wave and should be getting it in a week or so...am excited to give it a try!

naynai0428
04-03-2009, 12:47 AM
ok so i finished my 1st five workouts...i love hi def sculpt...i hate the million lunges and squats in these workouts...i work at a doctor's office and i'm on my feet all day and i feel like i have no energy after these workouts and going to work...but i know i've got to be getting stronger cause these are no joke...i stepped on the scale today because..i dunno cause i like to torture myself...i gained 3lbs...ugh, but i lost 1 1/2 inches off my waist...what is that about? my boyfriend keeps telling me it's hard but to keep with it...and since i want to see some results i'm gonna keep pushing it to the limit:) tomorrow is my rest day...TGIF!

dsamy
04-05-2009, 04:37 AM
naynai0428: I am not an expert here but I think you have just finished your first week and they day for the 1st week or two, you may notice a slight increase in the scale due to water retension as your body/muscles are getting used to the new program. However, the increase would disapper after the couple of weeks. Glad your waistline is shrinking.

firefliesandpixies : waiting to here from you about the wave workouts once you receive them.

HeaterAS: I have BSS1, VOL. 1 (tried only a couple of times), killer legs, and I will be receiving my BSS2 in a month. I don't have a step but found an alternative that works ok. I don't live in usa therefore, I am not considering any of the dvds with the incline box. anyhow, I think it is motivating to actualy know a success story. hope one day we'll all be like her. as for jillian, i did that workout sometime ago (level 1 and 2 only) and even though the workout is a torture, it did nothing to me with regards to weight/inch loss. in the matter of fact, this workout was too advanced for me that doing it 5x/week for 4 weeks left me not wanting to workout for over 4 month:D

dsamy
04-07-2009, 04:03 AM
just started my 3rd wk of firming with bss1. clothes are fitting better and I haven't weighed myself yet. I added 1/2 sessions of tae bo basic workout/wk.

lucy360
04-08-2009, 07:31 PM
I just purchased some Firm DVD's on Amazon. I got Total Body Time Crunch, Burn and Shape, Core Solutions, Total Body Toner and Power Yoga. I was wondering if anyone else has used these before and what the results were for them. My plan is to alternate then so I don't get bored with one or the other. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

dsamy
04-09-2009, 11:09 AM
the following is the updated 90 days rotation for the firm. HTH
http://www.geocities.com/theuberfemme/index.html?200531