Carb Counters - Need more calories!

View Full Version : Need more calories!

Altari
01-03-2008, 10:52 AM
OK, I stuck strictly to the Atkins Induction yesterday. According to fit day, I was at 1137 calories. Let's assume I really messed up portions (which I DON'T think I did, since I measured), so we'll go with 1500.

I didn't feel hungry at all, but this has to be unhealthy. Any tips on getting more cals per buck?

Puncezilla
01-03-2008, 06:58 PM
Hi ! My calories range from 1600-1100 on atkins. Some days I'm just not hungry. If your consistently under 1200, you should try to eat more. It's hard to say without knowing what you'r eating, but a piece of cheese or cream in your coffee or a little butter on your veggies, & full fat salad dressings add up fast if you need a few extra callorie.

deedee10
01-04-2008, 06:47 PM
I'm also having a hard time getting enough calories and I think I'm eating really good but today my total is 998. Will eating more protein to fill up help my body not burn muscle mass? I guess I'm going to have to load up on the cheese too. It's so hard because the fats and proteins are so filling.

RobinW
01-04-2008, 08:03 PM
I have a hard time getting enough calories in too. What happens with me is, Im not hungry for 2-3 weeks, then that week before my period, Im loading up on higher calorie foods,(because Im starving) but still low carb. So it seems to even out for me.

But if this doesnt happen to you, adding calories can be done by adding, tbsp bacon bits, shredded parm or cheddar on your chicken, add mushrooms fried in butter.....or add ham slices and spinach to your scrambled eggs etc. Stuff like that.

Squidward
01-04-2008, 10:07 PM
You can also eat 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. Not only does that tack on 200 calories but it's filling and satisfies your sweet tooth. Be careful not to have too much though. It's 5 carbs per serving (which is 2 tablespoons).

also, nuts are good for adding calories. Just watch your amount because they are low carb, not no carb.