Old 01-02-2008, 03:30 PM   #1  

Default Am I the Only One Who's Not Agonizing over The Holiday?

I ate what I wanted over Christmas and New Year, eggnog, brownie, slice of pie... and I don't feel a hint of guilt. I consider myself pretty disciplined for the most part but I believe that Christmas is special in that you can indulge yourself in the moment a bit.
manchuntd88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:38 PM   #2  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

I let all of it go yesterday..new year, clean start.

It's allllll goooood.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:40 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Nah, I don't feel bad about it either. I didn't do myself any harm, though I didn't lose weight, I didn't gain any either. I guess we didn't have giant eating-fests like some families do, we do things pretty low-key anyway.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:42 PM   #4  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I let it go, too. Now if it's the second week and January and I'm still working that devil-may-care attitude, well then I have a problem!

Last edited by junebug41; 01-02-2008 at 03:42 PM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:47 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7

I'm with most of you...I don't feel guilty about it at all. I ate what I wanted, but don't really think I pigged out..so, yeah, no guilt here!
aliceINonederland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

heh I didn't just indulge at christmas though I indulged half november and all of december!

However... surely part of this process is to realise that there's almost no point feeling guilty when we slip up/lapse/relapse - just try to learn where I went 'wrong' and get back on track

So no... no guilt here just a smidge annoyed cos now I gotta relose the same pounds! lol
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

nope...no guilt here either
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:23 PM   #8  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Well, I try not to have guilt for whatever eating choices I make. Because it is really counterproductive for me....feeling bad makes me eat more.

That doesn't mean, however, that I have to feel like I made the best possible choices in December. I didn't. Lots of reasons for that, but I didn't stay on plan the way I would have liked.

Luckily, I learned from this Christmas season, and next year I will do better. I taught myself a lesson, both in the scale in the way I felt...sick, tired, and sluggish. At this point, learning from it all I can do (well, that, and returning directly to plan...and downing cold meds to treat the sickness that happened when I suppressed my immune system with sugar! I'm on it!)
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 298/298/150

I didn't really overeat at all... which is odd cause I normally go crazy since I'm the family baker. I made over 7 different kinds of cookies and I had one of each, just to test em. AMAZING! lol
But you shouldn't feel guilty... just don't justify it.
I agree with mandalinn82 that guilt is so counterproductive...
So long as you know it's not ok to eat like that everyday... I think you're golden... happy new year!
rockerinsideafatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:49 PM   #10  

Height: 5'9"

I think the one area in which I disappointed myself was that if I'm claiming to be making a lifestyle change, I didn't do all that hot over the holidays. If I had truly changed my lifestyle I probably would NOT have eaten a pound of chocolate chip cookies and cheeseball on New Year's Eve. This is especially considering the fact that I had a box of tostino's pizza rolls and 1/2 a back of fire cheetos. Haha.

I'm always a work in progress.
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:03 PM   #11  

The only reason I feel guilty is I went nuts for the couple months BEFORE the holidays, as well as December :\ I should held out. Starting fresh now!
BLLgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:31 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 135/130/125

Height: 5'6

I ate pretty much whatever I wanted, I mean I didn't feel GUILTY but I knew I shouldn't have done it just because its not good for my body? I wouldn't call that guilty though because I wasn't feeling that way because I knew I was going to gain weight. In fact I only gained like 1lb so I'm happy. If you think about it, it wasn't REALLY that bad was it? I mean all those calculators say you can eat a large amount of calories to maintain weight. Myself for example, can maintain at 1700 calories. On most days I woke up at 12, ate breakfast/lunch and than dinner with a little dessert. My breakfast/lunch was probably 200 calories and that left me 1500 calories for the rest of the day. Not exactly the most healthy way to eat but I I knew I wasn't going overboard by a lot which made me feel better.
ILoveLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:54 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 195/150's/140's

Height: 5'6.5

I was on vacation, so even though I was eating out, I wasn't constantly surrounded by home-made goodies (my weakness)! I will admit, however, that I was feeling sorry for myself on New Years Eve and almost went crazy as a "pre-resolution get it all in before 1/1/08" issue, but then I realized that the "i'll start tomorrow" syndrome is what gets me in trouble, so I didn't give in!
tofulover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:32 PM   #14  
Just A Rolling Stone

it was the holidays AND my husband came home from deployment.... no, no appologies for this girl

However now I'm ready to buckle down.
akapjthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote