LA Weight Loss - January SlimFasters - New Year, New You!

SunshineRunner
01-02-2008, 11:39 AM
Okay - I know, the title of this thread is a little cheesy, but I didn't want to start it off with just the same old thing.

How is everyone doing? Me, I had my first ever binge since starting my weight loss journey on New Years Eve - and it wasn't even alcohol based - just eating out all 3 meals that day with different friends/family! I tried to make the best decisions, but failed miserably and probably had about 2400 calories that day. Boo hoo for a bad day!

I made up for it by eating well yesterday, New Years Day - had 10 servings of water and only a salad for lunch. No visit to the gym since it was closed for the holiday...but I did go shopping so that got me a little itty bit of exercise in. Can't wait to be able to get back tongight...especially since I got some new workout pants.

Still making up for my binge today....I'm still retaining water from it - yucky! Had SF for breakfast and have been munching on fresh fruit bowl this morning...yummy! Feeling better about myself now and drinking some warm tea as it is finally cold in FL today! Was about 45 degrees when I got up this morning...normal to get a few cold spells this time of year down here.

Well, I hope everyone was able to ring in a happy and healthy new year!!! Talk to you all soon!
~Amanda

Karen31
01-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Hello And Happy New Year! I hope that you have room for another slimfaster! I've had good luck with it before but somehow have gotten off track. So I've been reading all the posts since last month and think that maybe I can get the motivation that I need to keep going. I haven't weighed yet since I do my weigh ins on Fridays but I know I will be adjusting my ticker upwards! Hope to get lots of good ideas here and be ready for Summer!! Thanks.

SunshineRunner
01-02-2008, 01:25 PM
Karen - we always have room for more! Unfortunately, our thread isn't as active as I'd personally like it to be...but maybe you can help us make the difference! I have SF every morning for breakfast, and occasionally for dinner...my big meal of the day is lunch (which I just finished a turkey sandwich on double fiber bread - yum!).

What exercising are you doing to supplement your diet?

bargoo
01-02-2008, 02:33 PM
I just reached goal but plan on using Slimfast to maintain my loss. I usually have SF for breakfast, sometimes I blend it with fruit, strawberries or banana.

Karen31
01-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Amanda, Thanks for the welcome.. I've been using SF for breakfast and lunch then have a regular meal with the hubby at night. I've tried to convince him to have the big meal at lunch time but so far that hasn't worked. I have some WATP's videos and also I bought a Gazelle to use. I haven't got to much into the Gazelle just yet since I just got it about 3 days ago. I may order some of Tony Little's videos for that too. It does look like fun and I'm looking forward to it.

Bargoo, I like to blend in strawberries with my vanilla shake at lunch. It really makes it good. But I usually have the chocolate one for breakfast plain. I use the Optima powdered shakes with fat free milk. It just seems to work OK for me since I'm at home. I have taken the cans though on vacation and that works good too.

I tend to lean towards the Lean Cuisines for dinner with a salad. Except for weekends when we like to eat some steak or chicken. But still try to get the salads in there.

Well, I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and maybe more people will join us.
Have a good day!

SunshineRunner
01-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Today is about to be a 2 slim fast day for me....normally not the case but my schedule got a little swapped around....soooo..I'm kinda lazy about packing my lunch....I was wondering what kind of whey protein or any of those fancy things that all the workout folks use ...if any...could be put into my SF for use after my workouts...I don't know what all those things do...but I am curious....guess I'll have to ask around.

Hope everyone is staying warm...it was 39 degrees in S. FL this morning around 8 am....yucky!

journey2happiness
01-04-2008, 08:35 AM
Hi everyone!:hug: I'm planning on adding slimfast to my diet. I'm not going to follow the plan entirely becuase it seems too restricted in my opinion. There's not enough fibre in it to keep me filled so I'm just going to substitue it for dinner.

Gatoramanda: I heard whey protein gives you a load of energy and helps build muscles at the same time and just to mention it's very healthy!!:carrot: Or you can try mixing in fruit that to will also give you energy for a workout.

I plan on exercising 1-3 times a week cardio or walking (30-60 min)

jaxjob
01-04-2008, 08:38 AM
Amanda - you shouldn't need whey protein in your slimfast - slimfast has a fair bit of protein in it. Some mornings I don't use slimfast but make my own shakes - then I use whey protein (the unflavoured kind with no artificial sugar) but I've never mixed it with slimfast. Last summer my breakfasts mostly consisted of whey protein, milk, yoghurt, fruit and flax meal shakes - yummier than slimfast, no added sugar and lots of protein, fibre and omega-3. My choice of protein powder is pretty much dictated by my distate for artificial sweetener, most of the flavoured kind has sugar alcohols or splenda. I use one called Absolute Isolate Protein, but there are lots out there.

I'm down compared with before Christmas, so things are going well. I did eat several less-than-ideal foods over the holidays, and didn't do enough exercise, but the weather is warm here (supposed to be a high of 41F today - having lived in the north where above freezing temps are unheard of at this time of year, that is very warm to me) albeit windy so I can get outside. Most of the snow is gone or turned to ice now.

This weekend will be a challenge - one son has a hockey tournament so there will be lots of eating out. I'll have to buy some slimfast RTD on the way there - usually I have some around but not right now. The hotel we're staying in has waterslides so hopefully I can get some swimming in while the boys play - if there's room to do any laps. Perhaps I can use the treadmill also.

Karen - good to have you here with us. May you have great success with the slimfast. Do you not have the chance to cook? I've never eaten Lean Cuisine but the only thing I don't like about slimfast is that I don't get to prepare as much food as I enjoy doing. That's why most days now I only have one at breakfast.

Well that's all for now - gotta get on with the day. I won't be changing my ticker until next week when I go back to TOPS but I am down from what it says. Yay!!

Bev
01-04-2008, 07:57 PM
I am thinking about adding slimfast to my diet-- which tastes better the power or premade shakes?

Karen31
01-04-2008, 08:40 PM
Hello Everyone--- Well, I got back on the dreaded scales today --- I hadn't weighed in in over a month-- and I ended up putting 9 pounds back on over the holidays! I did change my ticker to make it right. But that is OK 'cause I'm getting back on track now and will lose those 9 pounds plus 31 more !!

Jax, I guess it did sound like I just used the Lean Cuisines but I do cook too! It is just that when things get busy or I'm really tired they are so easy to pop in the microwave and add a salad and you have a pretty good meal. Some days it just makes sense to do this.

Hey Bev, I like the powder shakes myself.. I use them at home since I usually like to add a banana or some strawberries to a shake at lunch time. Just zap it in the blender and it is so good! The cans are real handy though if you are on the go a lot.

Well, just wanted to pop in and say Hi!! I hope everyone has a really good evening.

jaxjob
01-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Bev - I only use a few slimfast flavours since I avoid those with artificial sweetener, but if you're going to drink them plain I like the RTD French Vanilla best. Second would be RTD Cappuccino. I generally use the powdered stuff more though because I mix fruit into it and blend it - that's really yummy. I also add cocoa to it since the chocolate ones have artificial sweetener.

So not a simple answer to your question. If you're looking to just add milk and drink to the powders, then the RTD wins every time. For me, at least.

Back from the hockey tournament and probably too much non-plan food. Still the boys are at school tomorrow so time to get back onto plan in a routine sort of way.

Snuggles to all,

SunshineRunner
01-08-2008, 10:32 AM
Hello All - well my mini plateau (happens every month for about 10 days) is finally gone - down 3lbs this week and it is only tuesday!!! Working out real hard and eating really healthy. Made low cal/low fat/low sodium chicken noodle soup yesterday and it was really good - didn't seem to need anymore salt than it had..which is nice...since we all know soups are chock full of sodium....I have found a lot of soup recipes on cookinglight.com that are much lower in sodium than regular canned soups....very exciting!

Well, hope everyone is having a great week!

jacquiescotland
01-09-2008, 02:30 PM
Hi Everyone!

I've been using Slimfast to replace one meal a day for quite a while now, and it seems to be working!

I have stopped weighing altogether at the moment, mainly because it leads to a depressed binge or a celebration binge!! LOL! And I have had enough of both of those!

I'm trying not to count or check up on anything, only trying to keep it healthy, and maximise fruit and veg intake.

I DO NOT WANT TO DIET EVER AGAIN! I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!

So, I am just going to do what I'm doing and see how it goes, I guess I'm just kind of worn out dieting!! I have thrown out lots of diet books and will eat whatever healthy foods I want - dont I sound like a spoilt child!!!!

My last weigh in was on the 28 December and I was 13 st (182 lb) and will not be weighing again until 1st Feb!!

I really like the Slimfast Smoothies and usually have at least one a day (usually breakfast) they are so easy to grab and go!

Well, I hope my ramblings have not bored anyone, and I wish you all the best of luck with your eating!!

Karen31
01-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Hello Everyone! Just a quick fly by here -- I just got home from having a bone density test (never had one before) and the good news it is all in the normal range! YAY!!! The bad news ---- I always thought that I was 5' tall but now I'm 4'11" short!!

When we left here about 11:30 this morning it was nice ouside, blue skies and sunshine. Coming back up the mountain 2 hours later we were traveling in a blizzard!! Always glad to get back home when it is snowing so much!

Anyway, need to get some supper started and just kick back for a little while. Take care.

Karen31
01-11-2008, 09:02 PM
Hi everyone! I weighed in again today and lost 1 pound this week. It isn't much but it is a start and I'll take it! Trying to get more of a plan going and also get a good routine going on the Gazelle. I refuse to gain anymore and want to lose at least 40 pounds by June 1! That I think is a reasonable goal! What do you think?

Welcome jacquie!! How are you doing? Be sure to come back and post often. Would love to hear what everyone else is doing.

Gotta go for now.... Take care and have a good evening!

aprilcp12344
01-12-2008, 04:38 PM
Well, I just picked up the Shakes again. I did it for a while a couple years back and did remarkably well on them. I've gained about 20 lbs since summer and want to lose that and more for swim suit season. I will start tomorrow morning with shakes for bf and with lunch. I'm going to keep supper the same and might change little things. Like more veggies then pasta. I picked up some yummy fruits and veggies for snacks and also caramal rice cakes. Yummy!

I'm soo glad to find this formum on 3FC!

For exercise I do about 20 minutes on an elliptical about twice a week. Working on upping that some.

I really hate the weigh-ins. I have a scale in my bathroom and I always feel like checking my weight. Not bad if I'm improving, but lately it has been a real bummer. Hopefully nothing but good ones starting this week!!

It's great to meet you all!

SunshineRunner
01-12-2008, 09:02 PM
Welcome April! Check in often and let us know how you are doing. I can't wait until dinner for a meal..I make my meal lunch and it is sooo much better for me! For exercise - I started out 2 days/ week about 20 awful minutes on the elliptical - now I go 5 days a week for 60 min. elliptical, 30-45 treadmill, plus weights....it took me about 5 months to work up to that...and now I am adding in Cardio Kickboxing classes one day a week and may look into yoga. I feel much better these days than I ever did 6 months or over the past 3 years.

On another note...TOM is here and I am so bloated I wish I could just stick a pin in my belly - haven't been this bloated w/TOM in a long while...it hurts - yucky!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
~Amanda

Abby72
01-12-2008, 11:55 PM
I was just wondering if it's hard to stick with Slim Fast? I have thought about trying it but wasn't sure what it was like. Do you guys enjoy it or do you feel deprived? Thanks for any info!

Karen31
01-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Hi Abby, I find that I really like the convienence of slimfast. I use mostly the powder shakes and at lunch time I like to put some strawberries and the shake in a blender and make a smoothie!! I love it!! Have you checked out the slimfast plan on their site? You really shouldn't feel deprived at all. I don't follow that to the letter but use it as a guideline.

sweetlovin
01-13-2008, 07:47 PM
I'm on the slim fast diet and could some of you guys tell me what you are eating and how much are you exercising?

like I don't get how the whole snacking thing is suppose to work out. just tell me what you guys are doing

SunshineRunner
01-14-2008, 08:45 AM
Abby - I find it easy to use SF - but it's not the only thing I use. See my response below regarding my diet/exercise plan and you will see that SF is just a small part of my life....but I'm not planning on giving it up anytime soon....yum...seriously...I probably didn't love them at first, but now it's like a nice glass of chocolate milk each morning that I can't wait to have :)

Sweetlovin - here is my typical day:
8:30am - Slimfast shake - I use cans
11:30am - Fiber One Oats & Chocolate Bar (gooey and yummy and 9 grams of fiber!!!)
btwn 1:30pm-2:30pm - "Lunch" usually 1/2 turkey & swiss sandwich on Double Fiber Bread (5 grams/slice) and a side of fat free pringles...some sort of fruit.....apple, banana, fruit cup, grapes...etc.
4:00pm - snack ~ 100 calories - not sure usually what this will be - but can be Melba Toast w/Laughing Cow Cheese (95 calories), 100 calorie snack, 60 calorie sugar free jello pudding, fruit
6pm - sometimes - about 1-2 nights per week I will have an additional slim fast shake.
7:30-9:30pm - GYM - 60 min. elliptical, 30 min. weight training, 30 min. treadmill.
10:00pm - snack - again, about 100 calories - lately it has been Breyers Fat Free Ice Cream - 110 calories, 0 fat, couple grams of fiber, ----sooo good!

***This is my typical day...some days don't go as well as planned and I eat more than above or less than above. Some days I just can't stay on schedule. But my schedule for the gym never gets messed with and I eat when hungry. If I am hungry earlier/later than these times, then that is how I guide myself. I eat about 1400 calories/day...I have had 1000 calorie days (not recommended as it will put your body into starvation mode) but they are infrequent, I have had 1800 calorie days...again, infrequent...maybe once a month. Usually I keep a good cushion btwn. 1200-1400/calories per day. I log all of my food and fitness at thedailyplate.com - I love it and it really keeps me on track.

I refuse to be hungry on my diet. :)

LADY WINDSONG
01-14-2008, 08:56 AM
My Shangrala of Thoughts

I have had many successes with my weight.
I started out October 11, 2000 weighing 190 pounds.
Yes, I was fat, happy I thought, but fat.

Today I am 155 and am floundering in a pond of my own making.
Fats, sugar, white foods and chocolate.

I want to live by my motto: Health is my goal weight loss is my gift.
So, I have decided to try Slim-Fast. It is not a stranger to me.
So I am revisiting my friend and taking the challenge.
I am alone, but not.

Help me make it through the day after day after day

I have bought the shakes and the meal to go bars.
I have joined the site.
I have the desire and the resolve.
I have read what I am to do and what to eat.
I want to do this.
I need to do this.
So why aren't I doing this?

I do fine at breakfast...one shake.
I do fine at lunch (our dinner).
In the afternoon for the "lunch" meal I eat a bar, a half sandwich and a fruit but right after I eat this I WANT MORE!
I think it is that I just "want" it, because I KNOW that I am NOT hungry.

How do I convince myself NOT to eat anymore after I have already eaten?

I am alone, I am fat and I don't like it.

Other than that, I like me and I am a good person, daughter, friend and wife.

Ok, so maybe this is a pep talk to me.
I see that I need to STOP doing this and that I need to nip it in the bud.
I have to change my thinking and my self sabotaging.
I will have confidence in myself.
I will admit my failures and I will shrug it off and move on.

I will succeed and I will reach out, vent and support.

I will, I will, I WILL!

Karen31
01-14-2008, 12:04 PM
Good Morning Ladies, Just thought that I would say Hello! They are predicting lots of cold weather and snow for us starting tomorrow night! Like the high temp. of 7 and a low temp of -10!! Too cold to do anything outside. I did pretty good on exercise the last couple days. I started out with 15 minutes on the ab lounge (300 crunches) and then did 15 minutes on the treadmill and then 20 minutes on the Gazelle. Then I tried the elliptical again and did just 5 minutes! But at least I kept moving! Just want to keep it up and keep adding more time!

Welcome :welcome: Lady Windsong! Be sur to come back often and we look forward to getting to know you! With the help and support of everyone on this site there isn't anything we can't do!

gatoramanda-- Thanks for posting your typical day! I find it very helpful to see what others are doing and I know it will be a big help to everybody!

Welcome :welcome3: sweetlovin, Abby & april-- I think you will be very happy that you have came here. WE can all benifit from the support that we get here.

I'm really happy to see that so many have decided to join here. I hope we can all keep it up! Slimfast works!

LADY WINDSONG
01-14-2008, 01:36 PM
Oh thank you for the warm welcome.

Cold I know about cold.

Doing well so far today. Now, I have to work on the afternoon and learn to use the NO word.

I hope to share on a daily basis as I get up very early here.

Make today a better day than yesterday.

aprilcp12344
01-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Today was a good day. I never realised how many calories I was consuming before hand. Ouch. No wonder I gained weight. I'm soo glad to have someone to talk with about this. I'm planning to do my weigh'ins on Sundays, so this week will be my first. Wish me luck and good luck to everyone!

SunshineRunner
01-14-2008, 05:36 PM
Good luck April - what are you using to track your calories? It is amazing how many are in a typical meal these days....the funny thing is that I stay very full with the ones I eat now...I just make wiser decisions (in case you didn't realize from my previous post, I love fiber!) that are more filling. I actually had to force myself to finish my meal today - which was 1/2 turkey & swiss on double fiber, 1 serving fat free pringles (yes, I'm addicted to potatoes too and don't deny myself a healthier version of chips!), and a small can of sugar free diced peaches...only 60 calories in that whole can! In any case, it was tough eating all that...which is not a whole lot of calories....only 403 and that is my biggest meal of the day.

Anyways...keep checking in...it's fun to do so :)

LADY WINDSONG
01-15-2008, 03:22 AM
Good Morning,

Yesterday was an unbelievable day for me.

I actually practiced what I preached.
I said NO and I felt good.

I want to thank Amanda for telling us about thedietplate. It is an amazing site.
I did find that I am not eating my allotted calories....But then, I just started eating what I should so it wasn't that awful of a number.

Karen, I have seen the Gazelle advertised on TV and have always wondered how costly there are? Do tell us all about this exercise wonder when you get "into" it.

April, GOOD LUCK on the weigh-in. Look that metal monster in the face and give him a smile.

If yesterday was a good day then today will be awesome.

Karen31
01-15-2008, 11:34 AM
Good Morning!
So far things have been going really well and I do LOVE the Gazelle! The one I have is the Gazelle Power Plus which sells for $289 at Wal-mart. BUT I watched craislist and this one was advertised for $100. I went and looked and it was just like brand new---- I offered $50 and they came back with $75 so I really got a good deal on it!! The only thing is they couldn't find the manual for it so I wrote to Tony Little's site and they sent it to me in a pdf file that I downloaded. And they couldn't find the DVD that came with it. But I am planning on ordering the 3 DVD set that Tony Little has on his site and that should really keep the workout motivating. If you haven't been to his site you really should check it out. I never knew that he had been in such a bad accident before he invented this Gazelle! Quite an inspiring story!

Well, need to get busy and get things done around here this morning.. My oldest son is 35 today and need to go to town this afternoon for his birthday!!

Take care everyone and have a good day!

LADY WINDSONG
01-16-2008, 03:14 AM
Morning all,

I cannot believe that I made it through another day with flying colors!
It was HARD for about an hour, but I talked myself out of eating. Yeah me :carrot:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your son. Another year older and wiser.

We are due for snow, but as of yet haven't gotten any.

I hope that you find something today to make you :smug:

SunshineRunner
01-16-2008, 09:17 AM
Great Job Windsong! When times get really tough...I log onto 3fc or I take a nap..can't eat while I sleep!!! Give it a couple more weeks and you won't feel like you are dieting so much as it is just the way you live your life...it gets better with time!

Snow - yucky! While nice to look at...I am grateful to live in FL (Born & raised)...I have visited snow in Chicago, Vermont, and Michigan...and I have always hated it....always have wet feet and you can't wear flip flops! Something has to be wrong with that! :) It's cold for FL today - in the upper 50's when I woke up...but better than yesterday that was in the mid 40's.

I have stayed well on track and am back to moving down the scale again...1lb so far this week....hoping for 1 more. I have worked out hard (even with 2 broken toes) did 45 min. elliptical on Monday night followed by upper body and abs...then did 78 min. elliptical on Tuesday night followed by a good upper body workout.

Hope everyone stays warm where they are!
~Amanda

LADY WINDSONG
01-16-2008, 09:31 AM
WTG Amanda....2 broken toes ouch! Do tell.
One pound is a lot. Remember that. Think about a pound of something like FAT! Gone forever, goodbye.

Well, we have a skiff of snow on the ground. Karen did you get any?

Flip flops...in my day they were thongs now those are "panties"!

Thank you for the kudoo's they are appreciated.

Karen31
01-16-2008, 11:01 AM
Good Morning!

Amanda--- WOW still doing the elliptical with 2 broken toes!! That has got to be tough But you make me feel more encouraged to just keep going on the Gazelle! So far I've only worked up to 20 minutes on it. I got to push myself harder! I'm going to order the 3 DVD's from Tony Little's site 'cause I know they will be motivating! And you be proud of that 1 pound! I know I am so happy when 1 is gone because that is just one less that I need to lose!!

Windsong-- we got about the same amount of snow on the ground-- although it is still snowing but blowing so bad that I'm not sure how much they will say that we got! When I got up this morning it was 0 degrees and we have warmed all the way up to 2 degrees now!! :brr::shocksn:

april and sweetlovin' ---- :wave: How are things going for you?

I hope everyone stays warm And Amanda-- I hope you stay warm in those 50 degrees!! ;) Take care everyone!

SunshineRunner
01-17-2008, 12:15 AM
Karen/Windsong - I really want to get all this fatty fat off of me - so 2 broken toes aren't stopping me - and I am in a 5K this weekend - but clearly I will only be walking in that!

Had another great workout tonight - as long as I have great music on my ipod, it's fairly difficult to keep me from having a good workout. It really puts me in another world....one where I enjoy the elliptical for over an hour at a time.

Ate well today and hope to see the scale move down in the next day or so...I'll take whatever I can get!

Well, off to bed! Night NIght!

LADY WINDSONG
01-17-2008, 03:37 AM
Morning all,

Sure is cold out. Brr!
Had another great day with my eating. I CAN and WILL do this.

I really like the meal bars. Of course I have only tried one flavor!
The chocolate royale shake is divine as well.

Mind over matter today ladies.

Stay happy.

Karen31
01-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Yes, it is cold here! When I got up at 5:00 this morning to let the dogs out it was -20 degrees! But I think we have warmed all the way up to 11 now!! One good thing-- it isn't snowing YET!

Amanda-- WOW! You need to send some of that motivation this way! BUT keep plenty for yourself too! What kind of music do you listen to on your ipod? I don't have one yet but want to get one. I have always liked country music but now I'm thinking that I need something that is more "workout" friendly! I also like the old 50's and 60's Do you have any suggestions?

Windsong-- I like the meal bars too. Have you tried the Blueberry muffin bars? They are really good. The only thing is I have to be careful eating those or I find I want more than just one! And I like the chocolate Royale too. I usually have the French Vanilla (powder) with fat free milk and a cup of strawberries in it. Blend it in the blender and it is really good!

Well, evrybody have a good day. Be back later.

SunshineRunner
01-17-2008, 05:54 PM
Karen - I listen to a lot of country on my ipod - right now I have both Keith Urban & Sugarland's new albums...as well as some newer pop stuff. I listen to a bit of Pink Floyd and some various rock-n-roll as well as some more hardcore stuff - but the country music puts me in place for a good workout as well...I just mix it up between all of those things. I love my ipod - I got it for my bday in November and it has definitely made gym life much better.

I love the Rich Chocolate Royale as well - I'm not even willing to try another flavor - that is my favorite and that is that.

As far as meal bars go - I have some from when I started, I'm trying to get rid of them - I find that the Fiber One Granola bars are much tastier and have a lot more fiber for the calories (9 grams!)...so I have pretty much switched over to those and don't think I'll ever buy any other SF product again besides the chocolate shakes.

It's in the 70's here...sorry it is so cold where you are - I couldn't stand that - but the yucky part here is it has rained all day today and is expected to rain all weekend...boo hoo!

aprilcp12344
01-17-2008, 07:03 PM
Wow. I guess I missed alot! Lol.

I've been busy in work. Had to pull a 10 hour shift yesterday. By the time I got home and made supper, I was ready for bed. Factory work. Urgh. Not as bad as you would think. Usually. So I didn't work out yesterday at all. Well unless you count 10 hours of work. Heh.

I'm still avoiding that scale. 3 more days til I will check! I can last that long! I can. It's amazing how much better I feel already. More energy at work and at home. Now I just need to put that into exercise and I will be all set.
I did 20 minutes Tuesday night. Yays for me. I'm up to twice a week now. Slow and steady, right?

Went grocery shopping today with the boyfriend. Didn't turn out to bad. There are soo many different snacks available that fit into the Slim-Fast plan. I'm picked up some whole wheat pasta to try one night. Anyone tried it and liked it? I'm trying to keep supper about the same so he doesn't have to suffer as much. But I do try to put small twists to make it a bit healthier. Anyone have any ideas?

He did spot Cadbury Eggs though. I love those! I only bought one! And then ate it as soon as I hit the suv. A little binge-y? It's still 3 months til Easter and they already have them at Wal-mart! Sometimes I hate that store! Lol.

I'm soo glad you are all doing so well! Congrats!

I LOVE Chocolate Royale! Amazing!

I will chat again soon!

Take care for now!

aprilcp12344
01-17-2008, 07:12 PM
Oh. Does anybody know of any good workout videos? I have an elliptical now, but I want to mix it up some and add something else. I'm thinking about a class at the Y or our local base. What does everyone else do for exercise? I need motivation!!!

Please help?

Oh and what do classes cost?

Thanks!;)

LADY WINDSONG
01-18-2008, 03:39 AM
Morning,

April, you look that metal monster in the face and smile!

I ate yesterday! Stayed within my calories, but I didn't eat all that I should have that was healthy. I don't feel bad about it either! I know tht this will happen and I know that it could have been worse if I had let it. Actually it was my mom's fault for bringing it into my house....she would'nt take it back either....I tell her PLEASE don't....aw, she loves me and shows it with food.
As long as I am still thinking straight I will practice on not giving it....right ladies? LOL

Bitter cold here.

Today I take my dear mom to her doctor. You see she only weighs 78 clothed and we are trying to get her to GAIN weight! She is such a sweet person. She is the one in the picture next to me.

Tomorrow is my weigh in and I hope that my Doritos didn't do me in.

I have joined the reward program for SF and am busy saving my receipts and UPC symbols. Have until June so I will be there I AM SURE! CAn always use a $40 gift card.

Take care, ladies and have a warm, sunny day.

Karen31
01-18-2008, 10:41 PM
Hello Ladies, Well, I got on the scales this morning and lost 2 pounds this week! I was pretty happy since I really haven't exercise as much as I wanted to do this week! I just have to get a good routine going again. It is so hard to get back to it once you have been off of it for awhile!

Windsong-- it is really cold here too! I think that right now we have about 3 degrees. But at least it is above 0 for now! We've had snow off and on all day.

April-- I think if you go to the collegevideo site that they have some videos to use with the elliptical. I think that is where I found some. I have a Gazelle and I think I'm going to go ahead and order Tony Little's DVDs for that. It seems like he can keep you pretty motivated. I never knew he had been in such a horrible accident until I went to his website and was reading about it.

Amanda-- guess I need to go through some of my country CD's and see what I can really get movin' with! I do enjoy Sugarland and Keith Urban too!

Well, guess I need to get going for tonight. Everybody Have a Great Weekend!

LADY WINDSONG
01-19-2008, 07:20 AM
GOOD morning,

I have joined Karen with her 2 pound weight loss. Kudos to YOU!

I can actually say I feel hunger in the morning. Even though it isn't a pleasant feeling it is a welcome one.

Off to the store today and I am going to get the blueberry muffins that you suggested.

Now, I have to work on exercise.....I don't do ANY!

Will check in later.

Stay happy and content.

aprilcp12344
01-19-2008, 03:21 PM
WOW! I just purchased the Biggest Loser workout Cardio Max. It kicked my butt! I tried the level 1, which is 20 minutes long, and it is the best workout I have had soo far! I made it 15 minutes in and had to take a break! But I did finish it! Full of lunges and I can feel them already! I will def. be keeping this is my collection!!

Congrats on the two pound loss!!!

Karen31
01-20-2008, 01:04 AM
Hello Everybody--- Just a quick pop in here--- it is almost 11:00 pm and I was jsut reading some posts--- and I noticed my time and temp. deal said that it is 73 degrees here!!! Well, I don't know where it is being measured tonight but it is defintiely not 73 degrees here!! More like 10!! I'll check it tomorrow and if it isn't correct then -- I'll take it off!!! That is just too funny as I sit here freezing!!!

aprilcp12344
01-20-2008, 08:41 AM
So I finally faced that metal monster... I lost 3 pounds!! Now that is really encouraging for the first week! This plan is so easy to follow, and now that I have TBL videos, I think it will be an even better week this time!

It's around 0 degrees here right now.

I'd love to be elsewhere. Lol.

LADY WINDSONG
01-20-2008, 10:02 AM
Isn't it nice to see our losses?

Woo Hoo's to us all.

I took a SSF shake and some frozen strawberries and made it into a strawberry, strawberry SF shake.
Half way through drinking it I remembered I can't have strawberries....sure tasted good!

It feels like we are in the Anartic here. Brrrr! Oh for a fireplace.

Cleaning out things stored so I am busy.

Have a gr8 day.

chubbystress
01-20-2008, 09:54 PM
HELLO SLIM FASTERS I WAS JUST WONDERING IF I CAN JOIN YOU ALL... I HAVE BEEN READING YOU POST AND I WENT OUT AND BOUGHT A FEW CANS OF POWDER TO GET ME STARTED.... I AM LOVING THE CHOC. WITH A BANANA AND ICE BLENDED OH SO YUMMY...... IT SEEMS TO ME THAT I HAVE WAY MORE WEIGHT TO LOSE SO I AM WONDERING IF SLIMFAST WILL EVEN WORK FOR ME........ I HAVE LOST 7 POUNDS THIS MONTH SO FAR AND IF I CAN KEEP IT UP I AM NOT GOING TO STOP TRYING......... YOU ALL ARE DOING AWESOME..... KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK...... BIG HUGS :hug: TONYA

LADY WINDSONG
01-21-2008, 04:46 AM
:welcome3:

Today is a new day. Are we ready for it?

Do you have a plan? Your menu? Your determination?

Go slow
Go to 3FC when you are tempted
Go for a walk

Remember that you are worth this effort.
Remember that you DO come first
Remember that we don't judge

Now is the time
Now is the day
Now you are becoming the REAL you

I believe
I can
I will

Have a wonderful day.

jaxjob
01-21-2008, 08:27 AM
Hi all,

Nice to see so many slimfasters here! This thread is beginning to rock. I've no idea how things are going since I've been busy with work and haven't been to my TOPS meetings for a while, but I also haven't been on plan too much either so don't expect a great loss. Like they say - I know what works and doesn't but don't always stick with it...

Amanda - hope your toes are feeling better soon.

April - I love Jari Love's "Get Ripped" videos - they are weight training but very active (high repetition) so you get a good cardio workout. Not a substitute for a weight training regime but a good workout DVD. I also like some of Cathe Freidrich's ones (they are tough though) and I have a good one by Karen Voight - she's very graceful. I would like to have an elliptical since the gym is 40 km away - I loved having a treadmill but it no longer works and they said it will cost more to fix than to wait and get a new one or an elliptical.

Hi to everyone else,

aprilcp12344
01-21-2008, 04:40 PM
Hi Tonya! Welcome!! I hope you do great with SF!!

Hi to everyone else!

It's a new week... This is day 8 for me. Doing good so far. A few slips here and there, but no binging yet. That's the important part.

Jax-

I love having my elliptical here in my apartment. The gyms around here are pretty expensive, so it was a worthwhile investment. My treadmill also died and that was when I decided to switch over to the elliptical. It was a great decision on my part. I hope you are able to figure something!!

Good luck to everyone!!

chubbystress
01-21-2008, 07:04 PM
:carrot: THANKS YOU ALL FOR ALL WELCOMES TO ME..... :carrot:

THINGS ARE GOOD HERE JUST CHECKING IN TO SAY HI AND HOPE ALL IS HAVING A NICE DAY......:hug:

TONYA

aprilcp12344
01-21-2008, 09:44 PM
So I was wondering if anyone uses leftovers for their next day meal? I've been having my shake and half a sandwhich, plus veggie or fruit for lunch. I'm starting to get sick of sandwhiches. I was wondering if I used my leftovers(in moderation) for the next day lunch(to replace just the sandwhich) if it would mess up my plan?:?:

Thanks.

:carrot:

jaxjob
01-22-2008, 08:11 AM
I never have a sandwich at lunch unless I am working. Either I have a salad or something with veggies. Often I use leftovers. Just make sure to allow the appropriate number of calories and get your nutrients (that would be the moderation) :).

LADY WINDSONG
01-22-2008, 08:15 AM
Morning all,

Today is a snowy day....brr!

Warm soup sounds divine.

Too bad we can't make hot chocolate shakes from the chocolate royale!

Enjoy your day and walk a little more than yesterday.

SunshineRunner
01-22-2008, 09:18 AM
Good Morning All! I have a fabulous announcement! I met my mini goal - which is basically to be in the next set of 10's each month! So my goal for this month was to see 179 or less by the last day...well, it's only the 22nd and I saw 179 this morning!

How did I get here so early? Hard work. I eat very much on plan for me (my plan is not the SF plan, I just incorporate parts of it into my plan)...and I workout hard. Last night I did 3.7 miles (45 min) on the elliptical followed by 30 min. of weight lifting and ab work (haha...they are still flabby!), and then 36 minutes of interval training (walk/run) on the treadmill...of which I ran 1.25 miles and walked 1.25 miles. It was hard and is hard...but I do it 5 nights a week....and these are my results....along with a big grin on my face. It just feels good. Today at 10am I am meeting with a personal trainer for the first time. I want to be able to use the free weights and not look like a fool...or injure myself.

Wish me luck! Good luck to all of you!

*April - as for sandwiches - I think you can have whatever you want for your lunch - as long as it falls into your calorie range for the day and is considered somewhat healthy (in other words, no hamburgers or fries...except on those special occassions!).

*Chubby - welcome welcome welcome - check in often!!

*Jax - nice to hear from you :) My toes are doing better...just still hurt, not so bad though - as you can see I am back to running.

*Windsong - how are you doing? You seem chipper every day! Congrats on being so happy!!!

bargoo
01-22-2008, 09:58 AM
Even tho I am at goal I still use Slimfast to maintain my loss. I just got back from a 9 day vacation. I took SF along to have for breakfast and came home at the same weight as I had left. I plan to always have SF on hand, in fact I just finished a can of cappuccino delight. I like the canned SF as I don't have to be concerned about running out of milk.

aprilcp12344
01-23-2008, 06:46 PM
Yay! For no sandwhiches. They are okay most days, but urgh. They get sickening. We had chicken tonight, and I just made one oz extra so I can use it for lunch tomorrow. Yummy.

Bargoo- I only use the canned SF, as I also like the easiness of them, but I do want to try the smoothie sometime. It sounds soo good!!

Gatoramanda- Wow! You exercise quite a bit. Good for you! I'm lucky to get 20 minutes a day in. Great job!

Today was a good day. At least soo far. I hope they are all this easy!

bargoo
01-23-2008, 09:03 PM
One of my favorite smoothies is cappucino delight blended with a small banana , yummy. or strawberry blended with about 6 or so fresh strawberries.

SunshineRunner
01-23-2008, 11:07 PM
April - I'm probably going to kill myself exercising :) I actually thoroughly enjoy it - although I did some killer lunges yesterday and my arse is still aching...but I managed to get up off my butt for another 2 hour session tonight...seriously, I must be a head case.

rebelridergirl
01-23-2008, 11:28 PM
Hi everyone! I hope you don't mind me hopping in here. I've been doing Slim Fast for about 2 1/2-3 weeks now and have lost 9 pounds. I considered trying something else for awhile but I think I'll stay with Slim Fast since I really am getting good results. Sometimes it gets a bad rap from people and I get reading too much of other peoples' opinions on these boards...lol...I need to quit being swayed so easily. Anyhow, I hope you don't mind another Slim Faster!

Oh, and I noticed Lady Windsonger mentioned heating the chocolate royale shake, well last week I poured the vanilla shake out of the can and into a large mug, sprinkled a little pumpkin pie spice into it, stirred, and heated in the microwave until warm and it was really pretty good. I'm not sure if it's ok to do that to the product, but I didn't get sick or anything. I thought I'd even try it with apple pie spice sometime, too. Just to "shake" things up a little! LOL. Haha...sorry...:dizzy:

Have a great Thursday everyone!

LADY WINDSONG
01-24-2008, 05:11 AM
So here it is another new day. What will it bring?

No more snow but it sure is COLD! Sun has been out and melting our snow but it is still there.

Stay warm and happy.

aprilcp12344
01-24-2008, 08:50 PM
Good day today.

Went out to eat. Since my step-brothers had wrestling and I couldn't miss that. I had Subway though, so it was good.

I'm still staying right around my calorie range, so I'm happy about that.

Finally found the 10 calorie jello cups I was looking for at wal-mart. They have been out of them forever!!

Lady Windsong-It was 1 degree out when I got home a little while ago. Yikes. That's the North Country for ya. Lol.

Gatoramanda- I did the Biggest Loser Cardio Max work-out. My legs hurt for the next 3 days. I could barely sit or stand. There are some serious lunges in there. I did it again last night and now it's not bad at all. I love the feeling that comes after working out!

Rebelridergirl- 9 pounds is under 3 weeks is great!! Don't let anyone sway you of that. There will always be critics of every diet plan. It's what works for you that matters!

Night everyone and good luck with tomorrow!

SunshineRunner
01-26-2008, 10:01 AM
Ahhh....I'm doing much better since my lunge filled pain - I actually am rotating them into an every other day thing....of course, today and tomorrow are my off days -sooo....they'll be on hold until Monday...but I did them on Thursday and was fine on Friday morning...guess it was just a big shock that my body had to get used to. We'll see how I feel about that on Tuesday morning.

I have my weigh in at Kmart this morning...only had to lose 2lbs. to win a prize, and I have dropped 8lbs in 2 weeks...sooo...I'm ahead of the game. Of course, I'm a little bloated this morning...so it probably won't say 8lbs there...but I know I am 8lbs. since that weight in...and that is all that counts!

Eating is going okay...I could work on fitting in more fruits and veggies...but hey, I think most of us find that to be a bit of a problem some days! I had the BEST sweet snack last night....Kashi Frozen Waffles with Peanut Butter (and only 2 TBLS of real maple syrup - my mom is from VT and my uncle's make it up there...so I have an endless supply of the good stuff...but I only use it a couple of times/year). I think those frozen waffles kick the crap out of eggo waffles - and they are full of good stuff - protein and fiber - yum! I was truly in hog heaven. I'm still thinking about them...so you know they were good...probably going to be my downfall :) But...they fit into my calories for the day...so I can't complain too much!

I have a busy day ahead of me with real estate appointments and tons of work...need to go dishwasher shopping as mine has been dead for a year now and I have just not been motivated to spend the money on it. I'm doing it this weekend for sure! I'm tired of a sink full of dishes because DBF will not get off his lazy you know what to help out...of course...that's another story for another day.

Hope everyone stays on track this weekend ...good luck!

aprilcp12344
01-27-2008, 10:22 AM
Well... My scale has officially died!! Urgh. Now your weight changes depending on where you stand on it. Haha. I almost freaked out this morning. It's weigh-in day and I can't weigh-in. Then I remembered my life doesn't revolve around that little number(well slightly big hehe.) So I'm off to purchase a new one and try again tomorrow.

One good note though.

I made my exercise this week!! 3 times!! YAY!!

One question for anyone who uses the Slim-Fast site.

Does anyone else think the calorie counts are off on some of their food? I switched to daily plate and there is a big difference in the amounts I get. Also it's difficult to find food in thier database. So I guess I will just have to keep count the old fashioned way... pen and paper. Haha.

Hope everyone else had a great weekend!

aprilcp12344
01-27-2008, 07:38 PM
So I went out and bought a new DIGITAL scale!!!

I lost another 3.8lbs. Yays!

At this rate I should have no problem meeting my mini-goal!

Brr... It's amazingly FREEZING up here in the North Country... I don't like it one bit. Haha.

I hope no one else is freezing like I am!!

Have a great Monday tomorrow!

southerndeb
01-28-2008, 12:15 AM
:D Oh Happy Day! Slimfasters unite! Can I come back? I am getting on the SF wagon again, I fell off, way off!! I am so glad to see a group of us here again. I will check back again when I have more time to read old posts. Until then HI!! :wave:
Deb

aprilcp12344
01-28-2008, 05:02 PM
WELCOME!!! The more of us there are, the better we will be!!

SunshineRunner
01-28-2008, 10:53 PM
Hello everyone! Happy Monday! Hope everyone got thru the weekend well - I did, stayed on track -although my weight has stayed the same for about a week....I'm okay with that.

Well, just wanted to check in...I might go skydiving for the first time on Saturday...I'll let you know what I decide :)

steph618
01-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Hi everyone! I hope it is OK for me to join you here. I just started the Slimfast plan today. I have done WW and LAWL in the past and have always fallen off the wagon. This time I am determined to lose weight! I have a 3 year old son and am a SAHM. I tend to skip breakfast most days because I'm too busy doing things around the house and for lunch I usually just grab something from a fast food drive through while I'm out running errands. Dinner is not a problem because I always cook for DH anyway and the meals are generally healthy. I think slimfast will be good because I can easily grab a shake or bar for breakfast and lunch. I am following the plan on the slimfast website:
Shake or bar for breakfast
Shake or bar for lunch plus 200 calories--probably half a sandwich or soup most days
500 calorie dinner
one 120 calorie snack during the day
I am not following their meal plan because a lot of the foods they have listed are not things I usually eat.

Sorry this got so long! I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!

SunshineRunner
01-29-2008, 12:47 PM
Hello all - eating is on track. feeling much better - scale was doing the fluctuation dance all last week...but still at 179 this morning...hopefully with a good week we can be down to 177 by the end of it.... we shall see.

I bought Kashi Vive cereal...yummy! I really enjoyed it so much last night that I had to have it again....lots of fiber, protein, and low calorie/fat....so a good choice if anyone is looking for one.

Have a fab day everyone!
~Amanda

SunshineRunner
01-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Steph - I must have posted at the same time as you - I don't necessarily follow the SF plan - but you can read my blog to see an example of my day's general intake...it's only a few posts back. I focus on calories (1200-1400/day) try to keep it reasonable in the fat category, try to stay under 2400mg of sodium, and at least 25 grams of fiber/day....i track on thedailyplate.com in order to make sure I am on track....

babygrant
01-31-2008, 04:05 PM
Hey everyone

I started the SF plan yesterday. I love it so far! I'll post more later though. :D

Angela

aprilcp12344
01-31-2008, 05:27 PM
Our thread is getting quite popular!! Yippies!!!

WELCOME ALL!! :D

babygrant
02-01-2008, 06:58 PM
Do you all replace two meals with SF? Today was kind of a screwy day because I hosted a playgroup but this is what I had today:

Breakfast: slimfast shake
Snack: slimfast bar
Lunch: raw veggies
Snack: slimfast shake
Dinner: 1 slice homemade pizza loaded with veggies, raw veggies, fruit salad
snack: apple

Usually for lunch I would've had the shake, and then the snack I would've done the raw veggies or fruit. Does that look right?

goincrazyinky
02-02-2008, 11:25 AM
HI everybody!! I just started slimfast today. I am doing what one girl did who lost 200 pounds using slimfast! Here it is and wish me success! I weigh 301 today and I need to get down to 165.
B - slimfast
snack - boiled egg
L - slimfast
snack - apple
S - Meat with LOTS of veggies
snack - fudgsicle or small sf yogurt

Karen31
02-02-2008, 12:02 PM
Hello everyone--- you might want to go and check out the February Slimfast thread. I think this one will close before long.

goincrazy and babygrant---- glad to have you with us and look forward to getting to know you.

sunny jo
02-03-2008, 09:27 PM
Hello everyone,I am so happy to find some gals using slimfast, i have a bout 5 years ago and it worked really well, I even felt good. I have tired ww this past few mo,but I just can not get into the points, not that i am knocking them, I know they have worked for others. But just turning 52 this mo. I am having a hard time getting a grip on food, stress and the middle of me has got to go along with this wt...lol. I just found this site, I am excited about coming here and checking in and chatting with you all. I will keep in touch, I will also weigh mysef next Sunday morning ....so wish me luch as I do you all.

sunny jo