LA Weight Loss - FLYing LAWLers

View Full Version : FLYing LAWLers

zambejaly5
01-02-2008, 10:14 AM
I thought, after reading our posts, that there are enough of us LAWL FLYbabies out there, that maybe we should have our own thread to be accountable. in here we can give each other encouragement, brag a little when we FLY straight. and give tips to each other to make things FLY smoothly. If you are still unaware of FLYLady. Go to her website and check it out.

flylady.com

and lets get ourselves flying!!!

zambejaly5
01-02-2008, 11:46 AM
ok, it is nearly 11 and here I sit, in my robe and slippers still on the computer, so I am going to go do my morning routine, put on my shoes and lace them up and get busy! Who is with me!!!???

amylou7777
01-02-2008, 11:52 AM
I'm with you!

I'm waiting for a repair guy to get to the house and then I will get busy! Lots of hot spots to put out today...

whatazoo
01-02-2008, 01:10 PM
I swished and swiped this morning, and made my bed. So I am off to a good start! :-)

Repo girl
01-02-2008, 03:58 PM
I am resubscribing right now! Thanks Lettie, I really need to do this.

zambejaly5
01-02-2008, 04:50 PM
I know where my laundry is, My shoes are tied, I have swished and swiped, the dishes are rockin' and the sink is shinin'. Rooms are rescued and I am set to cruise into my evening routine!! great start all!

Repo girl
01-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Great job Lettie!

I am all signed back up, my shoes are on, I know where my laundry is (6 loads on my bed waiting to be folded!), and I am headed to shine my sink right now!

zambejaly5
01-03-2008, 07:38 AM
Yikes Katie!! 6 loads!!! I know that feeling!

good morning all!!!!

AM routine is done, laundry started shoes on, 30 min of treadmill done! dishwasher running (usually I unload in the morning, but who ever loaded last night didn't turn it on!) and I am about to go to work!!!

FLYing out the door!

Repo girl
01-03-2008, 08:52 AM
Well, I am at work now, but I did finish and put away all of my laundry last night and do my night time routine. This morning I shined my sink, and of course I am dressed down to the shoes with my hair and face fixed. Also, one of the jobs today is to take down your ornaments, and I have already done that.

Mama Nicole
01-03-2008, 12:41 PM
checking it out right now........ :)

myboysnme2
01-03-2008, 12:48 PM
Well you guys lured me back! My house (and I guess that would be me too!) need some serious help...SOOO this morning my sink in shining and my kitchen is clean and this afternoon those ornaments WILL come down!

Talk to you all later.

KimS

Mama Nicole
01-03-2008, 01:28 PM
Ok, I signed up. It is all new to me, but I know I have to go shine my stupid sink :lol:. I have to take down my ornaments too? Man.......it was a lot of work to put them all up. Can't I just leave them until Easter? They look sooo pretty :) :lol:
XOXO

myboysnme2
01-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Nicole just add a few bunnies and your good to go!

I'm not looking forward to mine either. How come it's so much fun to put the darn stuff up??????

KimS

honey55bun
01-03-2008, 02:30 PM
Just signed up and finished my first assignment.. Sink is shined!

Mama Nicole
01-03-2008, 04:01 PM
sink is shined :)

Repo girl
01-03-2008, 08:03 PM
Holy cow, I cannot believe how filthy my front door was. It is looking pretty now though!

KrispieD
01-03-2008, 08:25 PM
Okay I was too intrigued to ignore.. I'm now a FLYrookie
Off to shine my sink for my first day!

Tuesday Cool
01-03-2008, 10:11 PM
Checked out the site. Is that fairy on crack? Has she lost it? Hells bells my mess is not running my life. In fact I'll prove it just as soon as I get the avalanche of sh#% off my keyboard. I mean just because I can't remember what color my carpet used to be does not mean my house is unclean.
Anyway, I have been working on training the dogs to sweep up their hair. If they could just hold the dust pan life would be good.
BTW self cleaning litter boxes are a crock! Just stop feeding the beasts and they will stop "needing" the box.
:spin:

Mama Nicole
01-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Okay I was too intrigued to ignore.. I'm now a FLYrookie
Off to shine my sink for my first day!

I know, I had to do the same. I had looked at it one other time, but just didn't have the power to really simplify it. After reading it a bit, I realized that it might, and I stress, might, be kind of nice to have someone else tell me what to do......so I figure, it surely can't hurt to try something new, right? I am pledging to stick with it for at least my 31 day trial or whatever it is, and then re-assess :) Ok, DS is calling for more water. I dont' know what is up with my kids being up so late lately.
XOXO

Mama Nicole
01-03-2008, 10:50 PM
Checked out the site. Is that fairy on crack? Has she lost it? Hells bells my mess is not running my life. In fact I'll prove it just as soon as I get the avalanche of sh#% off my keyboard. I mean just because I can't remember what color my carpet used to be does not mean my house is unclean.
Anyway, I have been working on training the dogs to sweep up their hair. If they could just hold the dust pan life would be good.
BTW self cleaning litter boxes are a crock! Just stop feeding the beasts and they will stop "needing" the box.
:spin:
:lol:

CandlePrincess
01-04-2008, 12:07 AM
Tuesday cool....loved your post! And I agree.....I think the fairy is on something! Too much sniffing of whatever she's using to SHINE HER SINK! I'd love to fly but my wings are in sad sad shape!

amylou7777
01-04-2008, 12:11 AM
HEather! Where have you been???

CandlePrincess
01-04-2008, 11:23 AM
Amy,
I've been hiding! LOL actually running crazy with my foster kids...i have 3 now...(or actually again) 3 year old DFS, 1 year old DFD and 3 week old DFS!

zambejaly5
01-05-2008, 07:35 AM
Weekends are not a time for loafing...... remember to stick to your routines even on the weekend.

Lets FLY Through the weekend!!!

whatazoo
01-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Weekend routines are going good. Thanks Lettie!!

angemama
01-05-2008, 12:58 PM
I can't believe this but I got on the scale this morning and I've already lost 6 lbs!!!!!!! YAY!

Mama Nicole
01-05-2008, 01:04 PM
congrats Ange :) Lettie, I am loving this morning routine stuff. It helps me so much to take the time that I need for myself :) For so many years, I have been showering as soon as everyone else got a shower.......which some days was two days away :) Now that my baby is 3, I am beginning to remember who I was before I was a mom to a baby :) This is good :)
XOXO
P.S. My sink has been shining for days, and it is WONDERUL. Even my 5 yo DS is drying it out.......soooo cute :)

zambejaly5
01-05-2008, 06:32 PM
I am so happy!!! We LAWLers are so used to following this plan and that plan, that I think it is just natural for us to follow FLYladys plan! Keep going FLYbabies!!!! it only gets better and better!!!

I taught a whole 4 week class at my church to the woman of the church based on FLYlady and her routines, and how to run your house, ...meals, cleaning routines, family time, etc..... and how to prepare for Sabbath.that sort of thing. when I started I thought, "why am I doing this? everyone cleans their house and feeds their families already." and then I was surprised to see the interest and the questions they came up with. It was fun.

And now this is fun. I am so glad you are all finding benefit in FLYlady!

now. I am off to locate my laundry and check my sink!

pjbeau
01-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Okay, today was day 1 of my FLYbaby status. I shined my sink last night. This morning I managed to put my shoes on and make my bed. I'm still working on figuring all this out, so I did some of my regular cleaning that had to be done. I did manage to clean my entry way. Boy, Katie, you're not alone...my front door was embarrassing. I always come into the house through the garage and have terribly neglected my front door.

I am a terrible housekeeper...I can admit it. I can't blame it on having small children in the house anymore, they are all grown up. I really need someone to help me make a plan. I'm hoping FLYlady will do the trick. Okay, I'm off to read some more lessons.

Repo girl
01-07-2008, 09:27 AM
All right Paula!!!!

Dang, my house is looking good. I could even have someone over, LOL.

myboysnme2
01-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Good morning ladies! I am soooo happy to be FLYing again. My kitchen is spotless this morning, disherwasher is started and bed is made!
Have a great day!

KimS

Mama Nicole
01-07-2008, 12:20 PM
oh crap, that's right, we are supposed to make our beds............at least I have a shiny sink. I never was too good at making my bed.....but what the heck, I will give it a try :)
XOXO

pjbeau
01-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Okay, well this morning I just kind of pulled the covers up over the bed...does that count? I did unload the dishwasher, which is a first for me on a work day. :woohoo:

I wore myself out the weekend, but I have a clean kitchen (except the hot spot at the end of the counter...still working on that), living room, and bathroom. I did get my desk cleaned up...huge hot spot. Sink still shiny...three days in a row. My family is gonna go into shock. :yikes:

Katie - I was thinking to same thing...somebody could "pop" in and I won't freak. :lol:

zambejaly5
01-07-2008, 03:59 PM
I have a shiney sink but that is about it. I don't know where yesterday went..... but all of a sudden it was monday and that week is off with a bang and I am spinning my wheels!

got to get my act together!

KrispieD
01-07-2008, 04:03 PM
It's amazing how this little elady is sorting my life! I started after you guys so I'm still on shiny sink, can't quite find it to put sticky notes all over my house but reading my reminders, getting dressed to lace up shoes lol and I think today is my hotspot info day. I have cleared my dining room table.. get some perverse pleasure out of cleaning my sink each night and I'm on a personal mission to get my house the way I want it.. oh yeah and my weight too!

whatazoo
01-07-2008, 09:59 PM
I actually felt pretty good when I walked into my house tonight and the catch-all bar was pretty clean and the sink was shiny from this morning.

Repo girl
01-08-2008, 10:59 AM
Morning routine done, sink shining, beds made, and I am at work. It is sooo nice to come home to a clean house!

Mama Nicole
01-08-2008, 11:49 AM
so that is my problem......I NEVER LEAVE the house :lol: I never come home to a clean house, cuz it is never left empty. Too many damn people... :lol:. So, I sucked pretty bad yesterday........well.......except for my shiny sink. I will do better today. It is the routine thing that is so hard for me. So, even though it is a late start, I will do it to it. Practice makes perfect...right?
XOXO

Mama Nicole
01-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Oh, and Lettie.....hang in there.......today is a new day.

Keep up the good work Stephanie and KimS :cheer:

Funny how one good thing begets another :)

And Kristen.....isn't it kind of nice not to have to think about every chore. I have been practicing letting go of things.....like I finally "let" (lol) DH do the bills. It was getting to be sooo overwhelming, and he offered, and I handed it over to him. It has made me such a better person, to not think I have to do EVERYTHING. So now, having the elady give me a list is A-Ok. It frees my brain up to do other important things :)

And Katie.........I am sooo happy you are back here on the LAWL threads. You are always so uplifting and encouraging......and we all feed off of your energy.......and fabulous sense of humor:)

Not getting a lot done at this rate.......

And Paula......what a fabulous feeling of knowing if someone came over it would be at the least, ok. My neighbor stopped in at 8:00 a.m. on Monday.....and my sink was not only empty, but shining. I felt very relaxed :)

Thanks Lettie and Katie........for sharing the flylady.....and encouraging all of us flybabies :)

pjbeau
01-08-2008, 12:20 PM
Well, last night I didn't do too much. I was supposed to work on a hot spot in my kitchen...didn't happen. I got too involved in organizing some photos on the computer, which I guess was a good thing, and never got to my FLYduties.

My sink is still shining though. :dancer: I never thought that I would get obsessed with having my sink clean before I go to bed. I'm going to wait a little while longer to make sure this habit sticks before I share it with my mother...she will roll laughing. I am her messy child...my dang brother got all the neat freak genes.

Made my bed too...:rofl:

Mama Nicole
01-08-2008, 03:56 PM
WTG Paula :) I just finished my morning routine! :lol: And.......drum roll please.....my bed is made :) I have to look to see what else I am supposed to do today. The sink thing is kinda nice. I thought it was stupid and impossible at first with 7 of us in the house.....but so far, so good ;)

Repo girl
01-08-2008, 05:41 PM
Oh, and Lettie.....hang in there.......today is a new day.

Keep up the good work Stephanie and KimS :cheer:

Funny how one good thing begets another :)

And Kristen.....isn't it kind of nice not to have to think about every chore. I have been practicing letting go of things.....like I finally "let" (lol) DH do the bills. It was getting to be sooo overwhelming, and he offered, and I handed it over to him. It has made me such a better person, to not think I have to do EVERYTHING. So now, having the elady give me a list is A-Ok. It frees my brain up to do other important things :)

And Katie.........I am sooo happy you are back here on the LAWL threads. You are always so uplifting and encouraging......and we all feed off of your energy.......and fabulous sense of humor:)

Not getting a lot done at this rate.......

And Paula......what a fabulous feeling of knowing if someone came over it would be at the least, ok. My neighbor stopped in at 8:00 a.m. on Monday.....and my sink was not only empty, but shining. I felt very relaxed :)

Thanks Lettie and Katie........for sharing the flylady.....and encouraging all of us flybabies :)

Aaaaaaaah, thanks Nicole. It is nice to be back.

pjbeau
01-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Woohoo...I cleaned out my fridge last night.

Funny story...My DS brought a dirty glass into the kitchen last night...I had just finished shining my sink. He started to put the glass in the sink and I'm like, "NO...the sink is clean!" Poor guy just looks at me like I've lost my mind. I just took the glass and sent him on his way...washed the glass and redried my sink. Okay, maybe I'm getting a little obsessive. lol

Mama Nicole
01-09-2008, 12:44 PM
Not obsessive at all, Paula!!! I almost fell off my chair this a.m. when 5 yo DS made himself a piece of buttered bread and put the knife in the dishwaser without me saying anything :)

So, I am finished with my a.m. routine early today. Baby steps, baby steps, right? As soon as I log off, I will change my laundry, and see what my other chores for the day are.

Mama Nicole
01-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Where is LETTIE??????

pjbeau
01-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Gee, and I was actually happy that my 18yo DS brought the glass to the kitchen. Usually, I have to collect them from the living room...bad habits I've let go on for way too long. Get it right when they are young...reprogramming them later is a b!@ch.

Mama Nicole
01-09-2008, 01:02 PM
ahhhhh, don't feel bad......my 17 yo DD has much worse habits than my 5 yo. I am so much more patient with the little ones, but once they start talking back all the time............that's when it gets hard for me :)

KrispieD
01-09-2008, 01:17 PM
You mean talking back like I don't like/love you, I'm running away, how dare you, you're not in charge, shhh, you're not my friend.......

:)

Mama Nicole
01-09-2008, 01:20 PM
exactly......:lol: and I think the girls are wayyyy worse. I will give you this nugget though........17 yo DD and 12 yo DD and I have a lot of fun shopping together and doing girlie stuff together now.......so hold tight........there is light at the end of the tunnel :)

Mama Nicole
01-10-2008, 12:14 PM
How are all the flybabies doing today? Some days are more difficult than others...........

pjbeau
01-10-2008, 02:12 PM
This morning I didn't do much more than make my bed, but last night I did clean out the two junk drawers in the kitchen.

It's funny, my DH and DS are noticing that I am doing things alot differently around the house, but won't say a word. I think they are afraid if they make a comment, I may stop!

Mama Nicole
01-10-2008, 03:48 PM
or worse.......ask them to help :lol:

zambejaly5
01-10-2008, 05:44 PM
glad to see all the flybabies flying along even though I have been AWOL. I haven't had time to think. I have monday off work though and intend to just veg!

Repo girl
01-10-2008, 07:55 PM
Doing great, thrilled with my nice looking house. I even hosted our family card night here last night. With no worries or killing myself to get the house looking decent!

Mama Nicole
01-10-2008, 09:52 PM
I am not quite there yet.......but things are definitely getting better each day. I did something unheard of tonight. I folded and put away all the laundry I washed today. I am almost caught up, and I look forward to only doing 2 or 3 loads a day. This is good stuff girls!!!
XOXO

myboysnme2
01-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Good morning fellow flyers! I have to share this little tidbit with you guys in case any of you are becoming obsessed like I am with having their kitchen clean. I was at the hair dresser a few days ago and the ladies were all talking about how hard it is to keep up with a house that has a husband and children living in it ;) and started sharing some of their tips. One of them recommended for the stove (I have gas with removable burners) to make a paste out of Cream of Tarter and water. Although it was the weirdest thing I think I've ever heard I tried it last night and my stove is beautiful! If your interested in trying it I didn't measure anything just put Cream of Tarter in a little bowl and added water until it became paste like. I smoothed it on with my fingers, let it sit for a while and then buffed it off with a toothbrush. Kind of messy but definetly worth it!

If you try it let me know what you think.

KS

zambejaly5
01-11-2008, 05:01 PM
that sounds cool. I wonder why cream of tarter? I have heard about using baking soda for cleaning..... which is a lot cheeper than cream of tarter.... I wonder if it would work

pjbeau
01-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Hi everyone.

Nicole - I'm just a FLYbaby too. I'm managing to keep my kitchen and living room cleaned and the laundry is done, but there's only two of us...I don't do 18yo DS laundry. I've worked on several hot spots, so things are starting to look better, but there are still lots of areas to do. I make my bed...of course, the rest of the room looks like crap...I'll get to it...baby steps!

Oh, and I noticed last night when I asked the DH and DS to do some things for me that I didn't get any groaning, they did as I asked...maybe it's rubbing off.

Katie - I love waking up to a clean house, it starts my day off so much nicer. I think the FLYlady says it takes 28 days for a habit to stick, I hope I hang in there...7 down!

Mama Nicole
01-11-2008, 05:55 PM
me too, me too :) I think we started close to the same day......and I have to tell you........I am just loving my clean kitchen too :) XOXO

zambejaly5
01-14-2008, 11:08 AM
New day, New week. Good morning all!!! I have the day off and hope to do some extra Zone work.

pjbeau
01-16-2008, 03:52 PM
My laundry room is clean!!

How's everyone else doing this week?

Mama Nicole
01-16-2008, 04:02 PM
Wow........WTG Paula!!! I really need to get in my boys' room and do some work in there. I spent only 15 minutes in there yesterday.....and it is WAY better :) Paula........I am LOVING all of your positive energy!!! My kitchen is WAY improved all thanks to the flylady and you ladies :)

Katie.......how are you?

XOXO

Repo girl
01-17-2008, 02:54 PM
Good! House is looking awesome!!

zambejaly5
01-20-2008, 10:42 AM
ok, spank me please...... I still have not taken down my christmas tree or any of the other decorations! IT WILL HAPPEN TODAY!!!!!!

Repo girl
01-20-2008, 12:41 PM
No guilt, not even a little bit. Just organize your team, give your kids specific jobs, set the timer, and go for it.

My husband is turning into a flybaby. He dejunked the laundry room, cleaned off the dryer that was piled higher than I am tall, clean out and organized a big cabinet that is a catch all, and helped me to clean out all 4 junk drawers in the kitchen. I got inspired yesterday and clean out the coat closet. My house is really making me smile.

zambejaly5
01-20-2008, 06:37 PM
wow katie! that is great!!!

JerseyMadchen
01-21-2008, 09:14 AM
The emails are KILLING ME!!!! AHH!!!

I have tried to unsubscribe THREE times now!

I did shine my sink on Friday and I felt so good! Ha! It's the little things in life!

Mama Nicole
01-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Lettie.........don't worry about getting all the decorations put away today.....just do it for 15 minutes. :) By the end of the week.....they will all be organized and put away properly. You can do it :)

Katie.........WTG!!! My DH is catching on a bit too :) He is helping out a bit more than usual, and is just feeling motivated overall. Last weekend he worked on cleaning his garage (notice I said, "his garage," :lol:) I don't know how he managed to score the entire garage......but when it comes time to cleaning it, it's all good with me :lol:. Anyway...........this weekend he worked on mudding the ceiling on our kitchen/living room/dining room remodel project. I am liking this.

I do have to say.......I haven't really gotten to everything I am supposed to.........but......my sink has been empty for a couple of weeks.......I get dressed to my shoes EVERYDAY.........and I have had make-up on for a couple of weeks. My house is OK.......but my laundry is still a big battle for me. I am NOT giving up though..........as a matter of fact......I better skim through these other threads and get down there :)
XOXO

zambejaly5
01-21-2008, 02:56 PM
Amy- go into your preferences in the yahoo site. where you signed up. (I think flylady even tells how somewhere on her site) but you can change it so that you get all the emails in one big email. that way you only get one a day and you can skim through it and only read the parts that you want.

pjbeau
01-23-2008, 04:13 PM
Hey Flyers!

It felt so nice last Friday to leave for the weekend and actually leave a clean house...fairly clean anyways...and even better to come home to a clean house.

I'm working on my bedroom this week. I'm not sure if I will get it totally done, but I've started working through a huge hotspot in the corner that usually catches everything I don't know what to do with. If I can get that done, my dresser and DH's side of the room may have to wait.

My DH and DS have finally acknowledged my efforts and are picking up after themselves a little bit...baby steps. The DH let me know how impressed and proud he is of me...that was a good feeling.

Mama Nicole
01-24-2008, 11:46 AM
WTG, Paula!!!! I, too, am enjoying a more organized home :) It is not at all perfect.......but, for the first time, I have my mom and sister comming from Wisconsin for the weekend.......and I am not burried in disaster.....and that is a wONDERFUL feeling!!! It is good DH is supporting you on this........and I hope he tries to help a bit. My DH is spoiled rotten, and doesn't take a lot of initiative with housework...........He does help me if I ask him to, without any trouble........but not a lot of initiative. But...yesterday I took the kids to the park and when I got home, he had tidied up the front room and kitchen. That was sooooo nice to come home to :)
XOXO

Repo girl
01-24-2008, 03:13 PM
Wow Paula and Nicole, wonderful! Isn't it funny how when we start caring more, everyone else does too? That has been happening around here a lot too. I love when when a daycare mom says, "How do you keep your house so clean with so many kids here all the time?"

Mama Nicole
01-31-2008, 06:18 PM
how are all of the flybabies doing? I am soooo proud to say that I have truly adopted the new habit of shining my sink. It is wonderful, and I love it. Thanks for sharing the flylady ladies......:)

almsthere
01-31-2008, 08:53 PM
Getting over being sick, so dressed to the shoes this am and did a hot spot douse and downstairs house blessing. Then had to take a nap to recup...i think I over did it!

zambejaly5
01-31-2008, 09:19 PM
ok...... taking very tiny steps..... I now have all the decorations off the tree..... yes..... christmas tree! and I have all the decorations from all around the house gathered in one room sitting on the floor next to the boxes that they go in...... :(

Repo girl
01-31-2008, 11:05 PM
Come on Lettie! You can do it!

Mama Nicole
02-04-2008, 01:42 PM
How's it going, Lettie? I kind of ignored my missions last week due to having out of town company and DH out of town.......but today is brand new, and my wings are getting a bit stronger each day :) I do have to say, my January habit has stuck. My sink is almost ALWAYS empty, and my family has really stepped up to keep it that way. If nothing more comes of the flylady lessons.......I am still better off than I was pre-flylady....... :)
XOXO

zambejaly5
02-04-2008, 04:06 PM
all traces of Christmas is gone. Thursday I boxed everything up and friday the tree finally went into a box. whew!!!!! And the morning I regained control of my sink. so laundry is coming along, sink is shining, christmas is gone, and I am hoping to hit some zone work today.

Mama Nicole
02-04-2008, 04:35 PM
you know......i have a hard time with the zone work. sometimes i feel like I just don't have much left for the zone....:lol:

Repo girl
02-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Good job Lettie!!!!

I had extra laundry today. My kids cleaned their rooms, and a lot of laundry appeared!

Mama Nicole
02-04-2008, 05:55 PM
:lol: it's just like magic......the clean rooms laundry thingie.........

Yes, Lettie......WTG on getting Christmas taken care of :)

How is Paula doing?

pjbeau
02-04-2008, 06:09 PM
I'm doing pretty good, thank you. ;)

Since I work outside the home, I do my Weekly Home Blessing on the weekends. I still didn't get the dusting done, but I did get my huge eat-in kitchen mopped...that's always fun. I can't believe I designed that massive all tile room...clearly not my best choice.

I think my habits are sticking too, Nicole. :carrot: My sink is always shining, my bed is always made, and my living room is picked up every night before bed. Yeah me!

We're back in the kitchen zone this week...I am still working on this terrible hot spot of junk on one counter. If I can get that done this week, I'll be happy happy. :D

Looks like we are all getting the hang of this...I so needed this like 15 years ago.

Repo girl
02-04-2008, 06:12 PM
I know what you mean Paula. I feel like for bridal shower gifts I should just write down the web site on a slip of paper and wrap it. I needed this when I was a newlywed.

Mama Nicole
02-05-2008, 12:42 PM
LOL, Katie........that is perfect!!!! Did you ever see that horrid wife manual from Better Homes and Gardens (i think) from the 50's? If you haven't, I will search for it and post it. It is HILARIOUS.

Clearly, I need to do a bit more reading on the site........cuz I had to really think what a weekly home blessing was :lol:. I did figure it out......but I haven't mastered that yet.......and it was quite apparent when the Parents as Teachers lady came to do an assessment on 3 yo DS this morning, as I had to push away some junk on the floor when she dropped her pencil. oops. :lol:........still, it was soooo much nicer anticipating her arrival. For the first time in a million years, I did not have to spend the entire day before preparing for her visit. Good times :)

Mama Nicole
02-05-2008, 12:44 PM
wait......here it is:

Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal ready on time for his return. This is a way of letting him know that you have be thinking about him and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they get home and the prospect of a good meal is part of the warm welcome needed.

Prepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so you'll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people.
Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him. His boring day may need a lift and one of your duties is to provide it.

Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before your husband arrives. Run a dustcloth over the tables.

During the cooler months of the year you should prepare and light a fire for him to unwind by. Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift too. After all, catering to his comfort will provide you with immense personal satisfaction.

Minimize all noise. At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of the washer, dryer or vacuum. Encourage the children to be quiet.

Be happy to see him.

Greet him with a warm smile and show sincerity in your desire to please him.

Listen to him. You may have a dozen important things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first - remember, his topics of conversation are more important than yours.

Don't greet him with complaints and problems.

Don't complain if he's late for dinner or even if he stays out all night. Count this as minor compared to what he might have gone through at work.

Make him comfortable. Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or lie him down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him.

Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low, soothing and pleasant voice.

Don't ask him questions about his actions or question his judgment or integrity. Remember, he is the master of the house and as such will always exercise his will with fairness and truthfulness. You have no right to question him.

A good wife always knows her place.

Repo girl
02-05-2008, 02:07 PM
Omg!

pjbeau
02-05-2008, 02:25 PM
Must have been written by a man!

Mama Nicole
02-05-2008, 04:23 PM
lol.......I am suprised you guys have not seen that before. It is almost a joke in my extended family.........people give it for gag gifts. here is a link to the original article :)

http://www.j-walk.com/other/goodwife/images/goodwifeguide.gif

MomOfThreeTeens
02-06-2008, 02:39 PM
Oh good lord LMAO! Dont let my hubby see that piece of crap!

Tuesday Cool
02-06-2008, 10:06 PM
I just checked in on this thread. You guys need to stop. I am very scared and a little worried. Put down the dust rag, walk slowly to the sofa and watch some Oprah! T

Mama Nicole
02-07-2008, 09:53 AM
:lol:

Repo girl
02-07-2008, 03:49 PM
:joker:

Repo girl
02-08-2008, 11:18 AM
Okay, so today I am so loving the Flylady. I have invited some friends over tonight to watch a movie, "Across the Universe" (which is fantastic, BTW) and drink a little wine. We have a huge reclining sectional that seats 8 adults comfortably. I am thrilled to say that I will not have to do anything besides my daily routine to be ready for them.

Mama Nicole
02-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Katie.......you are so kicking a$$!!! I am going to do my weekly blessing today and my regular routines, and get back on track completely with the flylady. I haven't fallen off....my sink is gorgeous........my bed is made, and my laundry is in control.......but I really could be doing a bit more. Congrats to you for sticking with it!!!! Your spirits seem so much better since you started back at home :)
XOXO

zambejaly5
02-08-2008, 04:02 PM
I know what you mean Paula. I feel like for bridal shower gifts I should just write down the web site on a slip of paper and wrap it. I needed this when I was a newlywed.

you could give flyladys book. I actually love the book and use it more than the website just because I can hold it in my hand and flip through it, mark it and put book marks in it....it is called .... sink reflections .... or something. But I think it would wrap nicer then a slip of paper! haha

zambejaly5
02-08-2008, 04:03 PM
YAY Katie!!!! enjoy your evening! you deserve it!!

zambejaly5
02-08-2008, 04:06 PM
wait......here it is:

Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal ready on time for his return. This is a way of letting him know that you have be thinking about him and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they get home and the prospect of a good meal is part of the warm welcome needed.

Prepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so you'll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people.
Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him. His boring day may need a lift and one of your duties is to provide it.

Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before your husband arrives. Run a dustcloth over the tables.

During the cooler months of the year you should prepare and light a fire for him to unwind by. Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift too. After all, catering to his comfort will provide you with immense personal satisfaction.

Minimize all noise. At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of the washer, dryer or vacuum. Encourage the children to be quiet.

Be happy to see him.

Greet him with a warm smile and show sincerity in your desire to please him.

Listen to him. You may have a dozen important things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first - remember, his topics of conversation are more important than yours.

Don't greet him with complaints and problems.

Don't complain if he's late for dinner or even if he stays out all night. Count this as minor compared to what he might have gone through at work.

Make him comfortable. Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or lie him down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him.

Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low, soothing and pleasant voice.

Don't ask him questions about his actions or question his judgment or integrity. Remember, he is the master of the house and as such will always exercise his will with fairness and truthfulness. You have no right to question him.

A good wife always knows her place.

I HAVE THIS!!!!! my husbands sister gave it to me when I got married as a joke! too funny!!!

Mama Nicole
02-08-2008, 04:15 PM
lol......are you sure you aren't my long lost sister, Lettie?

BarbaraB
02-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Oh my gosh! My DH most treasured fantasy written down in words! Of course he expects me to go out and earn almost as much as he does and still do this. LOL... too bad he usually gets home before I do.

I don't need the fly lady, I have my DH who has zero tolerance for any clutter or junk.... oh and a regular cleaning service so we don't end up divorced.....

Repo girl
02-08-2008, 06:21 PM
Haha, I have had a cleaning lady before. I loved it! When I was pregnant and doing home daycare I had to have some help. I wish that my husband would hate clutter.

Lettie- I ought to order the book. It does look like a good idea.

zambejaly5
02-08-2008, 08:40 PM
lol......are you sure you aren't my long lost sister, Lettie?

Sometimes I really wonder! I catch myself talking about you to my family. I say "you know, my friend Nicole..... we're the same age, we both have 5 kids, we are the same height and the same weight, with the same goal weight..... Her oldest is 17 my oldest is 17....." I think they must think I am nuts! since we have never even met.

zambejaly5
02-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Haha, I have had a cleaning lady before. I loved it! When I was pregnant and doing home daycare I had to have some help. I wish that my husband would hate clutter.

Lettie- I ought to order the book. It does look like a good idea.

I got my book from Barns and Noble. It was actually cheeper I think and I got to have it right away.

zambejaly5
02-10-2008, 01:35 PM
Nicole, I was cleaning a major hot spot this weekend... my desk... AND GUESS WHAT I FOUND! my copy of the "how to be a good wife" it is word for word the same as yours... slightly different near the end... but then at the bottom it says " Excerpted from a 1950s school home-economics testbook" funny!

zambejaly5
03-08-2008, 06:37 PM
Just a little friendly reminder. Checking on how you are all flying.......

I had really fallen off the wagon, BAD..... so when DH went to the hospital my house was a pit. And leaving kids here home along made it even worse. I had people asking how they could help and all I could think was "I hope they don't come to my house!!!!" So now that we are home I want to really focus on baby steps and getting my house in order. Had I stuck with it when you all were starting out so good. I should have been able to walk out of the house that night for the ER and feel ok about anyone stepping in and helping me.

So I am going to start flying again!!

pjbeau
03-08-2008, 10:09 PM
I've definitely loosened up a too much. I was doing fine, then had that business trip last week and just haven't gotten back on track. Weird how any little wrench thrown into our normal routines can mess us up so easily.

So, this weekend I am working on getting things back in order...at least the basics. I'll have to work back up to zones and such.

zambejaly5
03-09-2008, 09:55 AM
I am going to try to get back into the basic routines this week, then the next week is spring break so I am going to take advantage and get back into zones and Kellys missions. and hopefully do some flings as well.

Mama Nicole
03-11-2008, 12:54 PM
good for you girls :) I have to say, I have been pretty good. I am still in the baby steps stages..........but I have seen the bottom of my sink just about every day since the first part of january.....and I get dressed almost every day. :) Right now, I am soaking my stovetop, and I am such a geek, I am pretty excited about it :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
03-11-2008, 12:54 PM
Lettie.....look at your ticker, girl!!! Man, I am so jealously happy for you!!!! Are you still doing NS?
XOXO

zambejaly5
03-11-2008, 05:12 PM
Lettie.....look at your ticker, girl!!! Man, I am so jealously happy for you!!!! Are you still doing NS?
XOXO

sort of. during the whole hospital stint, NS and being POP was the furthest thing from my mind. I started back at it yesterday and am doing ok.

I know..... I am sooo anxious to be in Onderland!!! I can't wait. hopefully really soon.

Mama Nicole
05-05-2008, 12:14 PM
So, how are all of our flybabies doing, anyway???
XOXO

pjbeau
05-05-2008, 12:56 PM
I have done terrible for the past month. I worked a little this weekend on getting back on track. Especially when I realized that my bummed out attitude was because of my messy house. I feel so much better when I keep it picked up. So, I'm going to start back at the beginning.

jewljz
05-05-2008, 03:08 PM
I used to be a FLYbaby too :) Until I got a raise and decided that someone else should clean my house... I've got way too much going on to have to clean up after everyone! I did adopt a few of her principles that I just LOVE! Like the decluttering, I always make sure that I throw away 25 things when I clean out drawers. Also, the thing about the "hot spots" - she's a genius... If only there were someone out there to simplify everything in life down to bite size pieces for people like me that get overwhelmed and give up...

Mama Nicole
05-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Paula............I am the same exact way.....and it is funny how easy it is to get out of a good habit. I think the very best part of the flylady's attitude is you can so easily just start back up, at any time.....no matter how much time has passed. One babystep at a time :)

LoisKent
05-06-2008, 05:46 AM
Well I am off to a good start this morning so far have my whole morning routine finished and half of my afternoon . Couldn't sleep because my sweetheart is out of town and I am way to spoiled with the cuddle thing at night. but I am sure I will be used to it by the time he gets home doesn't it figure;).
Thank you ladies for the fly lady info by the way. I did what she says not to do and when I started I jumped into each room with both feet , I just top to bottomed every room as I went instead of baby stepping it. It just felt so good to have everything in a home and even better to get rid of clutter.
Heck I even got my BGF into the fun of it and boy has that been a challenge. It was even harder than trying to be POP everyday. This girl and her whole family are clutter bugs to the max. They still had clothes from when they were in high school 27 years and 80 lbs ago .Once she got going though she got her stuff sorted and started on his , he kept going through the bags before she could get them away from the house. So she went and switched trash bags with the neighbors just to make sure stuff didn't come back:woohoo::woohoo:.
Ya know it feels so good to fly straight and be POP or at least close to it why in the world does it have to be so darn tough to do things that feel so good?
Well its off to the races for me today . Have to be to work early again ugghhh anyway you guys have great day .
Lois