Alternachicks - Things I would like to do in 2008 (or resolutions if you like)
01-02-2008, 12:28 AM
1) reach my goal weight and maintain it;
2) increase my strength and flexibility by attending yoga classes on a regular basis;
3) continue improving my cardiovascular fitness by taking dance classes;
4) reach the point where my diet consists predominantely of whole foods;
5) correct or improve my sleep issues through diet, exercise and meditation;
6) establish night time and morning routines so that I will be organized in the morning and have a good start to my work day; and
7) feel healthy, fit, well rested and have more energy as a result of all of the above! :carrot:
I signed up for dance class over the holidays and my first class is next Tuesday - I can't wait!:belly:
01-02-2008, 01:17 AM
great thread! I would like to....
1.) FINELY hit goal weight and maintain
2.) Stop eating cheese (i'm lactose intolerant)
3.) Go to the gym regularly
4.) Find an apartment
5.) Wear a mini skirt by 2009!
01-02-2008, 04:32 AM
My consciously made new year's resolution is respect: respect for my friends, my family, my enemies, and also for myself.
I realised that I have been far too hard on myself, and so part of this goal is to treat myself as I would a friend. That means not berating myself when things don't go to plan, but also pushing myself to do the things I need to do, like a good friend would... tough love :D
Of course, there is the weight-focussed goal. I'm aiming at getting back to my pre-depression weight, 66kg (that's around 148 pounds, I think). Since I will be loving myself and focussing on nurturing myself instead of hurting my insides with crap food, I'm thinking a lot more about making each meal one that will make me a little bit healthier :)
My loose goal for the weight loss goal is June this year, and of course respect is forever!!
01-02-2008, 06:09 AM
oooh i like yours Rocket Pop! I think that's something we could all stand to work on, respecting ourselves more, and other people too. I know it's something i should work on atleast, ::adds it to the list!::
01-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Good resolution Rocket Pop! :)
Well I've also resolved not to drink any wine this month so that I can cut back on calories.
01-05-2008, 12:24 PM
1) Love- Fall in love and, much more importantly, love myself every single day
2) Stop overeating the blah starches and cheese
3) Keep to my new workout routine
4) Organize my life, even if it means using thousands of sticky notes or spreadsheets
5) Meditate more
6) Luxuriate in my sensuality
7) Just be happier with me
8) Start employing my spirituality and beliefs in my everyday life
9) Celebrate the Sabbats and Esbats
10) Celebrate the Sabbats and Esbats with other people
01-11-2008, 02:43 AM
I'm new to the forum, but I figure this as good a place as any to jump in.
1) Get a little later to spare my feet for those 10 hour days of standing for my internship this summer.
2) Get my feet and legs ready for hiking all over Alaska during the weekends this summer.
3) Be ready for a week of rock climbing in November (aka the Strong Arms! plan)
4) Finish my sleeve (see Strong Arms! plan above) and get started on my back piece.
5) And to finally, have the School of Pharmacy order me a new white coat because mine is undeniable too big.
If you can't tell, I've got a love of going outside.
(Nice to meet you guys)
01-11-2008, 05:51 AM
Ok, I am also new to this forum. Here it goes!
1) reach my weight goal THIS year... no more excuses!
2) Cleanse my body by eating good whole foods
3) Improve my meditation skills
4) get outside more often
5) Swim more often (my fav exercise)
6) Find a good job!
01-11-2008, 10:45 AM
Great goals guys! Jmlstarz, that kitty looks so happy!
01-13-2008, 12:25 PM
2008 goals: (Some are weight loss related, some not...)
~To get to my goal weight, and to start maintenance. I have to say, this time around has been the hardest for me, after baby #3.
~To get my flexibility and core strength strong enough, once again, to do some of the dance things that I finally mastered before my 3rd pregnancy happened.
~To make/try one new recipe each week this year. I had really gotten into a rut when it came to cooking/making meals for the family-and I want to break that. I have many low fat, low calorie recipes that I have copied/clipped over the years, but have never made. To encourage myself, I bought a new retro recipe box and recipe cards. My goal is to try a new recipe each week from my saved clippings, and if the recipe is a "keeper" then I will copy and store it in my box. If not, I'll toss the clipping. Either way, it will organize the pile over the year. :lol:
~To get my bedroom finished. :)
01-18-2008, 08:20 PM
Good ones Aphil! :)
01-20-2008, 01:30 PM
I've ignored this after initially being really geeked about it, so this is a good reminder of what I'l like to accomplish this year. I'll be 40 at the end of November, and it seems like it would be about time for me to grow up and get my act together! The inital thought was that I would have 40 things to accomplish, but I'm only up to like 26 on my list. Here's the tope 10:
1. Be punctual (I am punctuality impared! Which causes significant stress in my life)
2. Reach goal weight of 135 pounds
3. Stand at the starting line of the 5/3 River Bank Race (May 11, 2008, 25K=15 miles!) and be able to say, “I have trained. I am ready for this, and I know I can do it!”
4. Dress Confidently (I've been really slacking for the last couple of years.)
5. Enter financial transactions at least once a week
6. Be Pack Leader & Good Dog Mom
7. Reduce credit card debt by ½
8. Run at least 3x/week
9. Clean house thoroughly at least once a week
10. Keep up journal writing
01-22-2008, 06:55 PM
*Get into a house.
*Start taking classes.
*Get to my goal weight.
*Get a school picked out for my kid.
*Get an extra car.
*Grow my hair out at least 4more inches.
These aren't in order(some of them can't be put in order..)but as long as I get it all done by 01/01/09;I done well;).
01-29-2008, 05:04 AM
What an excellent thread! I'm a bit late in chiming in, but:
1) Stay on-plan (and if I'm obliged to go off-plan for any reason, minimize the damage and get right back on-plan as soon as I have control over my food choices again);
2) Go to the gym at least 3 times a week (ideally every day, but AT LEAST 3 times a week);
3) By my birthday in August, be ready to work towards the Couch-2-5k running plan.
4) By my birthday in August, be able to buy and enjoy wearing shoes with heels.
5) Go to at least 2 of the following: Vietnam, Cambodia, Korea, Japan.
6) Pay my bills on time, all the time.
7) Go back to the choir that I joined, and work on getting better at singing.
8) Be in another play - but this time, don't look like Bride Of The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man in whatever outfit I'm wearing!
9) Go to Belly Dancing classes.
01-30-2008, 11:22 AM
My resolutions for 2008:
~Lose weight (of course) I want to get to a good weight before i go visit my mom this summer... I haven't seen her in 2 years.
~Find myself. Love myself. Live for myself. (I broke up with my ex in the fall of 07 and we dated for 4 years.. so being single is still sort of new to me)
~Get everything prepared and learn all that I can- to open my own business in 2009
~Live every day to it's fullest!!!
01-30-2008, 11:48 AM
I love this thread!! It really got me thinking!
* Reach my goal weight
* get pregnant
* buy a house
* grow my hair
01-31-2008, 06:58 PM
I love setting myself goals, lets make sure I reach them all :)
- Reach my goal weight
- Stop Smoking by my bday in Dec
- Learn Italian and be fluent enough to hold conversations
- Pay off at least half my overdraft
- Have volunteer experience working with children
01-31-2008, 07:17 PM
That's what I've been calling it because it all takes commitment, right? I love this thread! Here we go...
• create a closer relationship with God by reading the Bible everyday, finding a church, and spending one on one time with Him.
• Be a better mom and wife...and daughter... and sister... and friend... and neighbor, etc..
• Remain a non-smoker - quit Sept. 9th 2007
• Get in shape... around 125 and a size 6ish would be nice
• Run a 5K in mid May
• Run to my folks house which is 14.75 miles on the one year anniversary of the day I quit smoking
• Spend less time watching tv and more time doing things I enjoy
and last but not least...
• Do something I'm affraid of (mostly due to shyness or fear of looking like a dope) at least once a week.
I keep adding stuff to my list...
01-31-2008, 07:25 PM
I turn 40 in November too. For some reason this is shaking my tree like nothing ever has before.
I'm going to:
Re-learn how to step dance :lol3: :dancer:
Fit in my wedding dress :goodscale: :faint:
Take that horticulture course I've been eying for a couple of years :book2: :flow1:
02-23-2008, 09:30 PM
This is a good thread. I've been absent for a while - and running alongside the wagon - not really climbing on, but need to get back on this weight loss journey again:
1. Get to goal. I'd like to be at my TOPS goal (140) this year. I'd like to be closer to 130, but I'll aim for 140 for 2008.
2. Do 25 push-ups without a break. Seriously! It's one exercise I'm lousy at, and want to change that.
3. Run a 10K race. I want to run a marathon one day so I plan to work up to it with commitments.
4. Finish painting my house. Everything seems to be "in progress" permanently.
5. Keep my hair red (not naturally, can't seem to persuade it to do that) and keep growing it. Get a tattoo (linked to #1 as it's my reward for reaching goal).
6. Lastly, (a familiar one here) pay down the credit card.
Those are the plans for this year - as I envisaged them about 6 weeks ago. I haven't got very far yet...
02-23-2008, 10:58 PM
hmm this is actually somthing I was just thinking about
*Get to my goal weight
*Grow my hair back out
*Make my parents proud of me instead of disappointing them again...
02-24-2008, 10:03 AM
Reading your third "goal" made me sad. So, I'm sending you a hug. :hug:
A couple of things come to mind.
First, parental expectations are relative. For instance, I am the first person in my family to have gone to college, then I acquired a masters degree. I'm also one of the only people in my family to be self-sufficient and not rely on handouts from our matriarch. Some people would consider that quite an accomplishment. Yet my mother is disappointed that I'm not a vapid bimbo like her. She always wanted me to be her girlfriend instead of her daughter and she's always harping on me to wear more make-up and high heels etc. I feel like she looks at me and just sighs...
Secondly, and more important, we are not responsible for other people's feelings. Do what you can to make your own way and be good to yourself. You can't make your parents proud of you. Concentrate on making you proud of you.
Ok, i'll stop practicing psychology without a license, but I feel for you sister, I really do.
02-24-2008, 10:12 PM
Hey thanks! I just did alot to disappoint them in the last year. They are the kind of parents who I know are disappointed by the way they sometimes look at me and little things they say, but any time I need something they are there to help me accomplish my dreams no matter how crazy. I just want to make them proud of me.
They are also the kind of parents that are proud of me when I know who I am and am not following anyone else in the path I choose, even if my path involves bright pink hair and a year away from my education to find myself.
But I will say this: the hug is MUCH appreciated. My year away from my education has been everything I wanted it to be. I have found myself in many ways, but it is also kinda lonely. So a big THANK YOU!!!
02-25-2008, 05:29 AM
ooh nice thread!!!!
I would like to
lose around 30 pounds before july so I can enjoy the summer a little lighter
lose around 70lbs before xmas so when we hit Paris I might actually be able to buy some cool clothes
be healthier all around
be happy to have my full body in a picture
pay off the boyfriends small debts
start a savings plan for a house and for my retirement.
03-05-2008, 12:30 PM
1. Try to do more for my husband.
2. Get my daughter into more activities
3. Meet my weight goals for 2008
4. Try to clean house once a week
5. Take the dogs to the dog park atleast once a week.
03-05-2008, 04:09 PM
hope it's okay for the newbie to post :) here goes
1. finish my &%$§!! master's thesis
2. start going to the gym or begin to exercise , period!
3. overcome my flight anxiety
4. fit into a size 10 hip-wise, a size 8 top-wise by the summer
5. keep in touch with my buddies/fam (am unreliable that way)
6. find a new job
03-15-2008, 06:05 PM
I just found this thread and it interested me,mine are
1. Get out of plus size clothes,atleast into a 14 by Christmas.
2. Get my hair done in a different style.
3. Quit biting my nails,so I don't have to go buy them (LOL).
4. Get my teeth fixed,I don't like my smile at all.
5. Quit being so material,and appreciate what I already have which is alot.
6. Save my money more and think about the future.
7. I know I'm good to DH, but I think I should be better to him,because he is sooo good to me and he really spoils me.
8. Work harder at my job, and work harder towards what I want,which is opening a tanning bed salon,that's what I've wanted for a really long time and only I can make that happen,nobody else.
9. Quit being so particular about everything,I'm a freak when it comes to something having to be perfect,whether it be the house,the yard,my car...
!0. Stop being jealous (which is usually secretly) of other people and stop stressing,because jealousy causes me stress...
Sorry I had so many, but I really felt like I needed to clean house or in other words,clear my conscience.